Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen use reading for?
(a) To gain knowledge.
(b) A way to make people jealous.
(c) An escape from her past life.
(d) To test her friends.
2. How does Ellen describe her family before the funeral?
(a) As happy.
(b) As nice.
(c) As sad.
(d) As phonies.
3. Who does Ellen consider killing?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her friend.
(d) Her mother.
4. What does Ellen's father stroke while he is yelling at Ellen and her mother?
(a) A pocketknife.
(b) His arm.
(c) His beard.
(d) A cat.
5. What writing tense does the author use to tell Ellen's story?
(a) Future tense.
(b) Present tense.
(c) Past tense.
(d) Past and the present tense.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ellen's father's name?
2. What occupation does Aunt Nadine have?
3. What item spills out of Ellen's mother's purse?
4. What is the pony's name that Ellen wants to ride?
5. At the grave site, who does Ellen avoid looking at?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)