|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item spills out of Ellen's mother's purse?
(c) Her heart pills.
2. What does Ellen do when her mother goes to bed?
(a) Called the police.
(d) Went to bed with her.
3. Who does Ellen consider killing?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her friend.
(d) Her mother.
4. What does Ellen contemplate before leaving the bathroom to give everyone something to talk about?
(a) Outing her father.
(b) Padding her dress.
(c) Hugging her cousin.
(d) Hitting her aunt.
5. Why does Ellen feel that her mother is better off in the hospital than at home?
(a) At the hospital she can hide.
(b) At the hospital she is cared for.
(c) At the hospital her family loves her.
(d) At the hospital her husband visits her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What luxuries does Ellen have in her new life that did not exist in her old life?
2. Whom must Ellen share the pony with?
3. What has Ellen's mother's absence forced Ellen to obtain for herself?
4. Why does Ellen's mother's heart stop beating?
5. Ellen's family attends a funeral for what character?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)