|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does someone show up looking for Ellen?
(a) At her grandmother's.
(b) At school.
(c) At her foster parents'.
(d) At her home.
2. What well-to-do relative of Ellen's attends the funeral?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her paternal grandmother.
(c) Her maternal grandmother.
(d) Her aunt.
3. What organization does Ellen join to curb her boredom in the winter?
(a) The Girl Scouts.
(b) The basketball team.
(d) The show choir.
4. When do Dora and Nadine attend church?
(d) On holidays.
5. In order to stay the night at Starletta's house, what lie does Ellen tell Starletta's parents?
(a) That her house burned down.
(b) That she was scared.
(c) That her father was drunk.
(d) That she locked herself out.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Ellen's new roommate let her stay when Ellen runs away from her father's home?
2. Before the end of the service, but after the fight with Ellen's father, what does this well-to-do relative do?
3. At the grave site, who does Ellen avoid looking at?
4. Why does Ellen's mother's heart stop beating?
5. Who takes Ellen into town for a new coat?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)