|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nadine's response to the drive through this part of town?
(a) She asks to stop for some coffee.
(b) She locks her doors.
(c) She did not have a response.
(d) She rolls up the window.
2. What well-to-do relative of Ellen's attends the funeral?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her maternal grandmother.
(d) Her paternal grandmother.
3. What does Ellen do when her mother goes to bed?
(b) Went to bed with her.
(d) Called the police.
4. Who shows up and stops the person with the money from harassing Ellen?
(a) The police.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
5. How does Ellen explain the item on her arm?
(a) Her father put the squeeze on her.
(b) She bought it.
(c) She fell.
(d) Her father gave it to her as a present.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Ellen offer Starletta's family to let her stay with them?
2. What is the weather like at the funeral service?
3. What does Ellen's father stroke while he is yelling at Ellen and her mother?
4. How long does Ellen's new roommate let her stay when Ellen runs away from her father's home?
5. Who does Ellen plan on living with after her stay at Starletta's?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)