|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other activities must Ellen do on Sundays in her new home?
(a) Scrub the floors and vaccum.
(b) Wash, and do her homework.
(d) Wash, and clean the dishes.
2. What does Ellen's father sign over to his relatives?
(b) The family farm.
(c) The family car.
(d) The custody of Ellen.
3. Why doesn't Ellen tell anyone about her problems with her father?
(a) She was worried she'd get in trouble.
(b) She didn't care about her problems.
(c) She didn't have any problems.
(d) She was scared and untrusting.
4. Why does Ellen's mother's heart stop beating?
(a) Her heart never stopped beating.
(b) She was scared.
(c) She was stabbed.
(d) She overdosed on pills.
5. What does Ellen's father stroke while he is yelling at Ellen and her mother?
(a) A cat.
(b) His arm.
(c) His beard.
(d) A pocketknife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does someone show up looking for Ellen?
2. A drive through what part of town is necessary to reach the location where the funeral service is being held?
3. Who decides that Ellen must move in with a family member?
4. What item does Ellen's new mama never seem to run out of?
5. What incentive does someone offer Ellen when they show up looking for her?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)