|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the knight escorting Ella talk at length about?
2. What does Sir Peter say in the letter Ella receives from him?
3. How long does Prince Char intend to be away for in Chapter 23?
4. Which of the following is NOT something Ella is made to do for her stepfamily?
5. What is to be decided by Prince Char when he returns to Kyrria?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sir Peter leave not long after marrying Dame Olga? Where does he tell Ella he will go?
2. What does Sir Peter tell Ella on their way home from the wedding?
3. What does Mandy give to Ella on the night of the final royal ball?
4. What do Ella and Char write about in their letters to each other? How does Char always close his letters, and how does Ella respond?
5. What effect do the elvish mushrooms have on Ella in Chapter 19?
6. What is to be held when Prince Char returns to Kyrria and what will be decided there? How do the stepsisters feel about this event?
7. How does Ella's changed curse return to normal again in Chapter 19?
8. Why does Ella become afraid to tell Lucinda to take her gift back? What does Ella ask Lucinda for instead?
9. How does Ella break her obedience curse?
10. Why does Sir Peter decide Ella will not marry Edmund? What does Sir Peter decide to do instead to solve his financial problems?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the conclusion of the novel "Ella Enchanted". How does the novel end? Were you surprised by the ending? What tone is the conclusion written in? is it a happy ending? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why might Carson Levine have chosen to include an epilogue? How does the epilogue change one's experience of the novel? Does the epilogue go in a different direction than expected? Would the novel be substantially different if the epilogue was not included?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Carson Levine's use of foreshadowing in the novel "Ella Enchanted"? What are some examples of foreshadowing? How do these examples affect the tone of the novel?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)