|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After seeing what Lucinda is like, how does Ella feel?
2. What does Ella realize could happen if she marries Prince Char?
3. What does Ella do when Prince Char orders her to marry him?
4. What is to be decided by Prince Char when he returns to Kyrria?
5. What is unique about the mushrooms Sir Peters wants Mandy to serve in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mandy discover about the mushrooms Sir Peter wants to serve when a suitor comes to see Ella?
2. How does Ella break her obedience curse?
3. What terrible thing does Ella consider might happen if she married Prince Char?
4. Why does Sir Peter leave not long after marrying Dame Olga? Where does he tell Ella he will go?
5. Where do Ella and Char find a tiny pair of slippers? What do Ella and Char do after Ella put on the slippers?
6. Why doesn't Char ask Ella why she wears a mask? What does the Prince confide to Ella in Chapter 28?
7. What do Ella and Char start searching the old castle for in Chapter 21?
8. What does Ella write in a letter to Char posing as Hattie?
9. Six months after Char has left for Ayortha, what does he directly ask Ella in a letter?
10. What does Sir Peter tell Ella on their way home from the wedding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author of the novel "Ella Enchanted", Gail Carson Levine. What are some of her other works? What are some parallels between "Ella Enchanted" and her other work? Has she been recognized for her work?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the setting of the novel "Ella Enchanted". Where is the novel set? What time period does the novel take place in? Does this time period affect the plot or characters? What do the places in which the character live, work and visit tell the reader about them?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of family in the novel "Ella Enchanted". Who are the members of Ella's family? Who are the members of her stepfamily? How important is family to Ella? What obstacles does Ella face because of her family?
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)