|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about the mushrooms Sir Peters wants Mandy to serve in Chapter 18?
2. What does Sir Peter say in the letter Ella receives from him?
3. What does Ella realize could happen if she marries Prince Char?
4. Who helps Ella send Prince Char a letter?
5. What does Ella learn about when she travels with Prince Char?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mandy discover about the mushrooms Sir Peter wants to serve when a suitor comes to see Ella?
2. What terrible thing does Ella consider might happen if she married Prince Char?
3. What does Lucinda do to get Ella to the ball?
4. When Ella arrives home after running away from the ball, what is the commotion that she hears? What does Prince Char ask Ella to do?
5. What positive things does Sir Stephan say about Prince Char as he escorts Ella to the wedding?
6. Why doesn't Char ask Ella why she wears a mask? What does the Prince confide to Ella in Chapter 28?
7. What does Ella write in a letter to Char posing as Hattie?
8. Why does Sir Peter leave not long after marrying Dame Olga? Where does he tell Ella he will go?
9. What is to be held when Prince Char returns to Kyrria and what will be decided there? How do the stepsisters feel about this event?
10. What do Ella and Char write about in their letters to each other? How does Char always close his letters, and how does Ella respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author of the novel "Ella Enchanted", Gail Carson Levine. What are some of her other works? What are some parallels between "Ella Enchanted" and her other work? Has she been recognized for her work?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the different magical elements in the story. What are some examples of when magic is used for good and when magic is used for bad? How does magic help and hinder Ella along the way?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the character Ella. What are her defining character traits? What struggles and obstacles does she face throughout the novel? What are her goals and motives?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)