|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Char and Ella search the castle for during the wedding?
2. Who tells Ella that the Prince is at her house in Chapter 29?
3. How many royal balls are to be held when Prince Char returns to Kyrria?
4. Who does Ella avoid when she reaches the giants' wedding?
5. Who does Sir Peter plan to marry Ella off to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sir Peter tell Ella on their way home from the wedding?
2. What positive things does Sir Stephan say about Prince Char as he escorts Ella to the wedding?
3. Why does Ella become afraid to tell Lucinda to take her gift back? What does Ella ask Lucinda for instead?
4. What do Ella and Char start searching the old castle for in Chapter 21?
5. What does Lucinda do to get Ella to the ball?
6. Six months after Char has left for Ayortha, what does he directly ask Ella in a letter?
7. What does Ella write in a letter to Char posing as Hattie?
8. What effect do the elvish mushrooms have on Ella in Chapter 19?
9. Why does Sir Peter decide Ella will not marry Edmund? What does Sir Peter decide to do instead to solve his financial problems?
10. Why does Lucinda refuse to take back Ella's obedience curse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of love and romance in the novel "Ella Enchanted". Describe the love story between Ella and Price Char. How do they meet? What are some romantic moments shared between them? What conflicts do they face in their relationship? Do they have their happy ending?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the genre of the novel "Ella Enchanted". What is the genre of the work? What elements are found in this genre and this novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of family in the novel "Ella Enchanted". Who are the members of Ella's family? Who are the members of her stepfamily? How important is family to Ella? What obstacles does Ella face because of her family?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)