|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Peter admit to Dame Olga at the beginning of Chapter 22?
2. Why does Ella feel comfortable going to royal ball?
3. What does Hattie do while Ella is dancing with the Prince at the third ball?
4. What does the knight escorting Ella talk at length about?
5. How long does Prince Char intend to be away for in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. Six months after Char has left for Ayortha, what does he directly ask Ella in a letter?
2. What does Lucinda do to get Ella to the ball?
3. What chores does Ella have to do after moving in with Dame Olga and her daughters?
4. What does Ella write in a letter to Char posing as Hattie?
5. What does Sir Peter tell Ella on their way home from the wedding?
6. Why does Sir Peter decide Ella will not marry Edmund? What does Sir Peter decide to do instead to solve his financial problems?
7. What do Ella and Char write about in their letters to each other? How does Char always close his letters, and how does Ella respond?
8. Why does Sir Peter leave not long after marrying Dame Olga? Where does he tell Ella he will go?
9. After finding out about Sir Peter's financial situation, what does Dame Olga tell Ella?
10. Why does Ella become afraid to tell Lucinda to take her gift back? What does Ella ask Lucinda for instead?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the setting of the novel "Ella Enchanted". Where is the novel set? What time period does the novel take place in? Does this time period affect the plot or characters? What do the places in which the character live, work and visit tell the reader about them?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the different archetypes found in the novel "Ella Enchanted". What are some different types of archetypes and which can be found in the novel? What type of heroine is Ella?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the different magical elements in the story. What are some examples of when magic is used for good and when magic is used for bad? How does magic help and hinder Ella along the way?
This section contains 1,053 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)