|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mandy tell Ella to hide in Chapter 25?
2. What does Lucinda realize it is terrible to live as?
3. What does Hattie tell Olive and Olga about in Chapter 23?
4. What does Ella learn about when she travels with Prince Char?
5. What does Dame Olga take from Ella's purse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mandy dare Lucinda to do in Chapter 25?
2. What positive things does Sir Stephan say about Prince Char as he escorts Ella to the wedding?
3. After finding out about Sir Peter's financial situation, what does Dame Olga tell Ella?
4. What is to be held when Prince Char returns to Kyrria and what will be decided there? How do the stepsisters feel about this event?
5. What terrible thing does Ella consider might happen if she married Prince Char?
6. What does Ella write in a letter to Char posing as Hattie?
7. Why does Lucinda refuse to take back Ella's obedience curse?
8. Why does Char think Ella is avoiding him when he comes to her home to visit?
9. How does Ella's changed curse return to normal again in Chapter 19?
10. What does Sir Peter tell Ella on their way home from the wedding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the character Ella. What are her defining character traits? What struggles and obstacles does she face throughout the novel? What are her goals and motives?
Essay Topic 2
Interpret Carson Levine's use of symbolism. What are some examples of symbolism in the novel "Ella Enchanted"? Analyse and interpret the symbols.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of family in the novel "Ella Enchanted". Who are the members of Ella's family? Who are the members of her stepfamily? How important is family to Ella? What obstacles does Ella face because of her family?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)