|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ella responsible for when her stepfamily throws parties?
2. What do the other fairies criticize Lucinda about at the wedding?
3. Which guest(s) at her father's wedding does Ella try her best to avoid?
4. Why won't Lucinda take back her magical gift to Ella?
5. Which of the following is NOT something Ella is made to do for her stepfamily?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sir Peter decide Ella will not marry Edmund? What does Sir Peter decide to do instead to solve his financial problems?
2. What positive things does Sir Stephan say about Prince Char as he escorts Ella to the wedding?
3. Why does Ella become afraid to tell Lucinda to take her gift back? What does Ella ask Lucinda for instead?
4. Where do Ella and Char find a tiny pair of slippers? What do Ella and Char do after Ella put on the slippers?
5. What does Mandy dare Lucinda to do in Chapter 25?
6. What does Sir Peter tell Ella on their way home from the wedding?
7. What chores does Ella have to do after moving in with Dame Olga and her daughters?
8. How does Ella's changed curse return to normal again in Chapter 19?
9. How does Ella's curse change after she speaks to Lucinda?
10. What terrible thing does Ella consider might happen if she married Prince Char?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the antagonists of the novel. What is an antagonist? Who are the antagonists of the novel "Ella Enchanted"? How do they hurt or hinder Ella? Why do they do this?
Essay Topic 2
"Ella Enchanted" is a retelling of the Cinderella story. What elements of "Cinderella" can also be found in "Ella Enchanted"? How has Carson Levine changed her story from the original?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of family in the novel "Ella Enchanted". Who are the members of Ella's family? Who are the members of her stepfamily? How important is family to Ella? What obstacles does Ella face because of her family?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)