|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Lucinda bestow on the Sir Peter and his bride?
2. What does Ella wear to the royal ball?
3. In total, how long does Lucinda agree to follow Mandy's dare for?
4. Who has Sir Peter decided to marry?
5. What does Sir Peter use his royal connections to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lucinda refuse to take back Ella's obedience curse?
2. Why doesn't Char ask Ella why she wears a mask? What does the Prince confide to Ella in Chapter 28?
3. How does Ella try to hide her made-up appearance after running home from the ball?
4. Why does Sir Peter decide Ella will not marry Edmund? What does Sir Peter decide to do instead to solve his financial problems?
5. What does Mandy give to Ella on the night of the final royal ball?
6. Six months after Char has left for Ayortha, what does he directly ask Ella in a letter?
7. How does Ella's changed curse return to normal again in Chapter 19?
8. What gift does Lucinda bestow on Sir Peter and Dame Olga? How does Sir Peter react?
9. What does Sir Peter tell Ella on their way home from the wedding?
10. What do Ella and Char write about in their letters to each other? How does Char always close his letters, and how does Ella respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Interpret Carson Levine's use of symbolism. What are some examples of symbolism in the novel "Ella Enchanted"? Analyse and interpret the symbols.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of family in the novel "Ella Enchanted". Who are the members of Ella's family? Who are the members of her stepfamily? How important is family to Ella? What obstacles does Ella face because of her family?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Carson Levine's use of foreshadowing in the novel "Ella Enchanted"? What are some examples of foreshadowing? How do these examples affect the tone of the novel?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)