|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After speaking to Lucinda, how is Ella's curse affected?
2. What does Dame Olga tell Ella she will have to do when they live together?
3. What does Sir Peter think of Olga after their marriage?
4. What does Ella try to imagine in Chapter 19?
5. What does Ella look for in order to locate the fairy guests?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect do the elvish mushrooms have on Ella in Chapter 19?
2. Six months after Char has left for Ayortha, what does he directly ask Ella in a letter?
3. What does Sir Peter tell Ella on their way home from the wedding?
4. What do Ella and Char write about in their letters to each other? How does Char always close his letters, and how does Ella respond?
5. Why does Ella run away from the ball in Chapter 28?
6. How does Ella try to hide her made-up appearance after running home from the ball?
7. What does Mandy discover about the mushrooms Sir Peter wants to serve when a suitor comes to see Ella?
8. Why doesn't Char ask Ella why she wears a mask? What does the Prince confide to Ella in Chapter 28?
9. Why does Lucinda refuse to take back Ella's obedience curse?
10. After finding out about Sir Peter's financial situation, what does Dame Olga tell Ella?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the different magical elements in the story. What are some examples of when magic is used for good and when magic is used for bad? How does magic help and hinder Ella along the way?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Carson Levine's use of foreshadowing in the novel "Ella Enchanted"? What are some examples of foreshadowing? How do these examples affect the tone of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the character Ella. What are her defining character traits? What struggles and obstacles does she face throughout the novel? What are her goals and motives?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)