|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ella responsible for when her stepfamily throws parties?
2. What is the name of the suitor in Chapter 19?
3. Where does Ella hide upstairs during the wedding?
4. How does Ella punish her stepmother and sisters for their treatment of her?
5. What does Ella wear to the royal ball?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Ella and Char find a tiny pair of slippers? What do Ella and Char do after Ella put on the slippers?
2. Why does Char think Ella is avoiding him when he comes to her home to visit?
3. What effect do the elvish mushrooms have on Ella in Chapter 19?
4. Why does Sir Peter leave not long after marrying Dame Olga? Where does he tell Ella he will go?
5. When Ella arrives home after running away from the ball, what is the commotion that she hears? What does Prince Char ask Ella to do?
6. How does Ella break her obedience curse?
7. What do Ella and Char write about in their letters to each other? How does Char always close his letters, and how does Ella respond?
8. Why does Sir Peter decide Ella will not marry Edmund? What does Sir Peter decide to do instead to solve his financial problems?
9. How does Ella's changed curse return to normal again in Chapter 19?
10. After finding out about Sir Peter's financial situation, what does Dame Olga tell Ella?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the genre of the novel "Ella Enchanted". What is the genre of the work? What elements are found in this genre and this novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of love and romance in the novel "Ella Enchanted". Describe the love story between Ella and Price Char. How do they meet? What are some romantic moments shared between them? What conflicts do they face in their relationship? Do they have their happy ending?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author of the novel "Ella Enchanted", Gail Carson Levine. What are some of her other works? What are some parallels between "Ella Enchanted" and her other work? Has she been recognized for her work?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)