|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under the influence of the mushrooms, what does Ella think of her suitor?
2. What does Mandy order Ella to do after the mushrooms wear off?
3. What does Prince Char think when he sees Ella through a window?
4. Who tells Ella that the Prince is at her house in Chapter 29?
5. In her letter to Char in Chapter 26, what lie does Ella tell him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ella break her obedience curse?
2. Where do Ella and Char find a tiny pair of slippers? What do Ella and Char do after Ella put on the slippers?
3. What does Sir Peter tell Ella on their way home from the wedding?
4. How does Ella's changed curse return to normal again in Chapter 19?
5. What gift does Lucinda give to the newlywed giant couple?
6. After finding out about Sir Peter's financial situation, what does Dame Olga tell Ella?
7. Why does Char think Ella is avoiding him when he comes to her home to visit?
8. Six months after Char has left for Ayortha, what does he directly ask Ella in a letter?
9. How does Ella try to hide her made-up appearance after running home from the ball?
10. Why doesn't Char ask Ella why she wears a mask? What does the Prince confide to Ella in Chapter 28?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the setting of the novel "Ella Enchanted". Where is the novel set? What time period does the novel take place in? Does this time period affect the plot or characters? What do the places in which the character live, work and visit tell the reader about them?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the curse cast upon Ella as a baby. What is the curse and why does Lucinda cast this spell? Why is this spell seen as a gift to Lucinda but a curse to Ella? How does this curse affect Ella's life? How is she finally able to break the curse?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of defiance in the novel. What causes Ella to become a defiant person? What are some examples of her defiance in the novel? How do these examples get her into trouble?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)