|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Peter tell Ella not to mention until after the wedding?
2. What is the new room Dame Olga moves Ella into lacking?
3. What is unique about the mushrooms Sir Peters wants Mandy to serve in Chapter 18?
4. What does Ella tell Lucinda she would like the power to do?
5. What does Sir Peter compliment Ella for in a note?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lucinda refuse to take back Ella's obedience curse?
2. After finding out about Sir Peter's financial situation, what does Dame Olga tell Ella?
3. How does Ella's curse change after she speaks to Lucinda?
4. What does Mandy dare Lucinda to do in Chapter 25?
5. What do Ella and Char start searching the old castle for in Chapter 21?
6. How does Ella break her obedience curse?
7. Why does Sir Peter leave not long after marrying Dame Olga? Where does he tell Ella he will go?
8. Why does Char think Ella is avoiding him when he comes to her home to visit?
9. What gift does Lucinda bestow on Sir Peter and Dame Olga? How does Sir Peter react?
10. What does Ella write in a letter to Char posing as Hattie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Interpret Carson Levine's use of symbolism. What are some examples of symbolism in the novel "Ella Enchanted"? Analyse and interpret the symbols.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the different archetypes found in the novel "Ella Enchanted". What are some different types of archetypes and which can be found in the novel? What type of heroine is Ella?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Carson Levine's use of foreshadowing in the novel "Ella Enchanted"? What are some examples of foreshadowing? How do these examples affect the tone of the novel?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)