|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many fairies does Ella identify at the wedding?
2. After speaking to Lucinda, how is Ella's curse affected?
3. What does Ella do when Prince Char orders her to marry him?
4. What does Lucinda realize it is terrible to live as?
5. What does Prince Char confess to Ella at the third ball?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of family in the novel "Ella Enchanted". Who are the members of Ella's family? Who are the members of her stepfamily? How important is family to Ella? What obstacles does Ella face because of her family?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of love and romance in the novel "Ella Enchanted". Describe the love story between Ella and Price Char. How do they meet? What are some romantic moments shared between them? What conflicts do they face in their relationship? Do they have their happy ending?
Essay Topic 3
Interpret Carson Levine's use of symbolism. What are some examples of symbolism in the novel "Ella Enchanted"? Analyse and interpret the symbols.
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)