|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ella realize could happen if she marries Prince Char?
2. What does Char ask Ella in one of his letters?
3. What does Hattie do while Ella is dancing with the Prince at the third ball?
4. How many fairies does Ella identify at the wedding?
5. Why does Prince Char think Ella wears a mask?
Short Essay Questions
1. What chores does Ella have to do after moving in with Dame Olga and her daughters?
2. How does Ella's curse change after she speaks to Lucinda?
3. After finding out about Sir Peter's financial situation, what does Dame Olga tell Ella?
4. What gift does Lucinda bestow on Sir Peter and Dame Olga? How does Sir Peter react?
5. How does Ella's changed curse return to normal again in Chapter 19?
6. Why does Lucinda refuse to take back Ella's obedience curse?
7. What does Mandy dare Lucinda to do in Chapter 25?
8. Why does Char think Ella is avoiding him when he comes to her home to visit?
9. What positive things does Sir Stephan say about Prince Char as he escorts Ella to the wedding?
10. Six months after Char has left for Ayortha, what does he directly ask Ella in a letter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of deceit. What acts of deceit occur in the novel? Who are deceitful characters? How do they affect the other characters lives? Does truth prevail? Cite examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the curse cast upon Ella as a baby. What is the curse and why does Lucinda cast this spell? Why is this spell seen as a gift to Lucinda but a curse to Ella? How does this curse affect Ella's life? How is she finally able to break the curse?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the antagonists of the novel. What is an antagonist? Who are the antagonists of the novel "Ella Enchanted"? How do they hurt or hinder Ella? Why do they do this?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)