|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Peter say in the letter Ella receives from him?
2. What do Ella and Mandy hide so that Sir Peter won't sell them?
3. What does Lucinda realize it is terrible to live as?
4. What is the effect of the gift that Lucinda gives the giant couple?
5. What is the new room Dame Olga moves Ella into lacking?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ella run away from the ball in Chapter 28?
2. What do Ella and Char write about in their letters to each other? How does Char always close his letters, and how does Ella respond?
3. What does Mandy give to Ella on the night of the final royal ball?
4. What gift does Lucinda give to the newlywed giant couple?
5. What does Mandy dare Lucinda to do in Chapter 25?
6. How does Ella's changed curse return to normal again in Chapter 19?
7. Why does Lucinda refuse to take back Ella's obedience curse?
8. Why does Ella become afraid to tell Lucinda to take her gift back? What does Ella ask Lucinda for instead?
9. After finding out about Sir Peter's financial situation, what does Dame Olga tell Ella?
10. What positive things does Sir Stephan say about Prince Char as he escorts Ella to the wedding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of love and romance in the novel "Ella Enchanted". Describe the love story between Ella and Price Char. How do they meet? What are some romantic moments shared between them? What conflicts do they face in their relationship? Do they have their happy ending?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the curse cast upon Ella as a baby. What is the curse and why does Lucinda cast this spell? Why is this spell seen as a gift to Lucinda but a curse to Ella? How does this curse affect Ella's life? How is she finally able to break the curse?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss conflict in "Ella Enchanted". Who is in conflict with who or what? How do the conflicts play out in the narrative? Are the conflicts resolved? If so, how?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)