|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is to be decided by Prince Char when he returns to Kyrria?
2. Who does Ella avoid when she reaches the giants' wedding?
3. What does Ella try to imagine in Chapter 19?
4. What does Lucinda magically turn into a horses and coachmen to take Ella to the ball?
5. What is Ella responsible for when her stepfamily throws parties?
Short Essay Questions
1. What chores does Ella have to do after moving in with Dame Olga and her daughters?
2. What do Ella and Char write about in their letters to each other? How does Char always close his letters, and how does Ella respond?
3. Why does Sir Peter leave not long after marrying Dame Olga? Where does he tell Ella he will go?
4. What does Mandy give to Ella on the night of the final royal ball?
5. When Ella arrives home after running away from the ball, what is the commotion that she hears? What does Prince Char ask Ella to do?
6. Six months after Char has left for Ayortha, what does he directly ask Ella in a letter?
7. Why does Char think Ella is avoiding him when he comes to her home to visit?
8. Why does Ella run away from the ball in Chapter 28?
9. Where do Ella and Char find a tiny pair of slippers? What do Ella and Char do after Ella put on the slippers?
10. What positive things does Sir Stephan say about Prince Char as he escorts Ella to the wedding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the different archetypes found in the novel "Ella Enchanted". What are some different types of archetypes and which can be found in the novel? What type of heroine is Ella?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the different magical elements in the story. What are some examples of when magic is used for good and when magic is used for bad? How does magic help and hinder Ella along the way?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of defiance in the novel. What causes Ella to become a defiant person? What are some examples of her defiance in the novel? How do these examples get her into trouble?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)