|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many royal balls are to be held when Prince Char returns to Kyrria?
2. What helps Ella get through her days of waiting on her stepsisters?
3. At Dame Olga's house, who does Prince Char speak to for several hours?
4. What do Char and Ella find in a trunk full of gardening tools?
5. Who has Sir Peter decided to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lucinda refuse to take back Ella's obedience curse?
2. Why does Ella become afraid to tell Lucinda to take her gift back? What does Ella ask Lucinda for instead?
3. How does Ella try to hide her made-up appearance after running home from the ball?
4. Why does Ella run away from the ball in Chapter 28?
5. Six months after Char has left for Ayortha, what does he directly ask Ella in a letter?
6. What chores does Ella have to do after moving in with Dame Olga and her daughters?
7. How does Ella break her obedience curse?
8. What does Sir Peter tell Ella on their way home from the wedding?
9. What does Mandy dare Lucinda to do in Chapter 25?
10. When Ella arrives home after running away from the ball, what is the commotion that she hears? What does Prince Char ask Ella to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the different archetypes found in the novel "Ella Enchanted". What are some different types of archetypes and which can be found in the novel? What type of heroine is Ella?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the genre of the novel "Ella Enchanted". What is the genre of the work? What elements are found in this genre and this novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss conflict in "Ella Enchanted". Who is in conflict with who or what? How do the conflicts play out in the narrative? Are the conflicts resolved? If so, how?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)