|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Peter tell Ella not to mention until after the wedding?
2. Under the influence of the mushrooms, what does Ella think of her suitor?
3. What helps Ella get through her days of waiting on her stepsisters?
4. What is the new room Dame Olga moves Ella into lacking?
5. What do Hattie and Olive try to fit into in Chapter 29?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ella's changed curse return to normal again in Chapter 19?
2. What effect do the elvish mushrooms have on Ella in Chapter 19?
3. How does Ella try to hide her made-up appearance after running home from the ball?
4. Six months after Char has left for Ayortha, what does he directly ask Ella in a letter?
5. What do Ella and Char start searching the old castle for in Chapter 21?
6. How does Ella break her obedience curse?
7. Why does Sir Peter decide Ella will not marry Edmund? What does Sir Peter decide to do instead to solve his financial problems?
8. What do Ella and Char write about in their letters to each other? How does Char always close his letters, and how does Ella respond?
9. What gift does Lucinda bestow on Sir Peter and Dame Olga? How does Sir Peter react?
10. Why does Lucinda refuse to take back Ella's obedience curse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the curse cast upon Ella as a baby. What is the curse and why does Lucinda cast this spell? Why is this spell seen as a gift to Lucinda but a curse to Ella? How does this curse affect Ella's life? How is she finally able to break the curse?
Essay Topic 2
"Ella Enchanted" is a retelling of the Cinderella story. What elements of "Cinderella" can also be found in "Ella Enchanted"? How has Carson Levine changed her story from the original?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conclusion of the novel "Ella Enchanted". How does the novel end? Were you surprised by the ending? What tone is the conclusion written in? is it a happy ending? Why or why not?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)