|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Lucinda bestow on the Sir Peter and his bride?
2. What does Lucinda magically turn into a horses and coachmen to take Ella to the ball?
3. Where does Prince Char leave to go in Chapter 23?
4. When Lucinda reappears after following Mandy's dare, how does she look?
5. What do Hattie and Olive try to fit into in Chapter 29?
Short Essay Questions
1. What chores does Ella have to do after moving in with Dame Olga and her daughters?
2. What gift does Lucinda bestow on Sir Peter and Dame Olga? How does Sir Peter react?
3. Why does Ella become afraid to tell Lucinda to take her gift back? What does Ella ask Lucinda for instead?
4. Why does Lucinda refuse to take back Ella's obedience curse?
5. Why does Char think Ella is avoiding him when he comes to her home to visit?
6. What effect do the elvish mushrooms have on Ella in Chapter 19?
7. What terrible thing does Ella consider might happen if she married Prince Char?
8. Why does Sir Peter leave not long after marrying Dame Olga? Where does he tell Ella he will go?
9. How does Ella try to hide her made-up appearance after running home from the ball?
10. What does Ella write in a letter to Char posing as Hattie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of money and power in the novel "Ella Enchanted". How important is money to Sir Peter? How does he use Ella to get what he wants? Does money ever cause problems for Ella? Why does Sir Peter marry Dame Olga? Why does Dame Olga marry Sir Peter?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the different archetypes found in the novel "Ella Enchanted". What are some different types of archetypes and which can be found in the novel? What type of heroine is Ella?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conclusion of the novel "Ella Enchanted". How does the novel end? Were you surprised by the ending? What tone is the conclusion written in? is it a happy ending? Why or why not?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)