|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ella cover up with a filthy piece of linen when she returns home from the third ball?
2. Whose writing does Ella mimic to write a letter to Prince Char?
3. What does Ella do when Prince Char orders her to marry him?
4. What gift does Lucinda bestow on the Sir Peter and his bride?
5. Why does Prince Char think Ella wears a mask?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of defiance in the novel. What causes Ella to become a defiant person? What are some examples of her defiance in the novel? How do these examples get her into trouble?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss conflict in "Ella Enchanted". Who is in conflict with who or what? How do the conflicts play out in the narrative? Are the conflicts resolved? If so, how?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of money and power in the novel "Ella Enchanted". How important is money to Sir Peter? How does he use Ella to get what he wants? Does money ever cause problems for Ella? Why does Sir Peter marry Dame Olga? Why does Dame Olga marry Sir Peter?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)