|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the elves remember an earlier visit from?
2. What about Ella annoys her teachers?
3. What kind of creature is Apple?
4. How does Ella speak to the group of ogres?
5. Who do Ella's mother and Mandy think might be able to break Lucinda's magic?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ella run away from the ball in Chapter 28?
2. When Ella arrives home after running away from the ball, what is the commotion that she hears? What does Prince Char ask Ella to do?
3. When Ella asks Hattie why she hates her, how does she know Hattie is telling the truth? What reasons does Hattie give for hating Ella?
4. What event does Ella learn that her father will be attending from her magic book? Who is supposed to be at the event, and what does Ella decide to do after reading about her father's plans?
5. How do Ella's mother and Mandy react to the gift bestowed on baby Ella? Why can't the magic be undone?
6. Why is Areida unpopular at school? How does Ella also become an outcast?
7. Where does Ella run away to during her mother's funeral? Who does she meet there?
8. How does Ella save herself from the group of ogres that intends to eat her?
9. What does Ella write in a letter to Char posing as Hattie?
10. How does Ella's changed curse return to normal again in Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Carson Levine's use of foreshadowing in the novel "Ella Enchanted"? What are some examples of foreshadowing? How do these examples affect the tone of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of defiance in the novel. What causes Ella to become a defiant person? What are some examples of her defiance in the novel? How do these examples get her into trouble?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the antagonists of the novel. What is an antagonist? Who are the antagonists of the novel "Ella Enchanted"? How do they hurt or hinder Ella? Why do they do this?
This section contains 1,659 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)