|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mandy clean up from the floor in Chapter 4?
2. What is Ella's father's name?
3. What happens when Ella gives Hattie the fairy tale book to look at?
4. What do the coachmen inform the girls is pursuing their carriage?
5. What does Ella give Hattie which forces Hattie to tell the truth.
Short Essay Questions
1. What gift does the fairy Lucinda give to Ella when she is born? How does the gift backfire?
2. How does Ella say she was able to get the baby gnome to follow her? What does the grandmother gnome prophesize about Ella's future?
3. Who does Ella's father introduce her to when she returns to the funeral? What does Ella think of these people?
4. How does Ella explain her willingness to obey the ogre to Char in Chapter 7?
5. How does Ella feel when she tries to disobey orders given to her?
6. How does Ella impress the elves, and how do they help her?
7. Why does Ella have tiny feet?
8. Where does Ella go before she is to be sent away to school? What does she see there, and who does she meet?
9. How does Ella save herself from the group of ogres that intends to eat her?
10. When Ella asks Hattie why she hates her, how does she know Hattie is telling the truth? What reasons does Hattie give for hating Ella?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"Ella Enchanted" is a retelling of the Cinderella story. What elements of "Cinderella" can also be found in "Ella Enchanted"? How has Carson Levine changed her story from the original?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the different archetypes found in the novel "Ella Enchanted". What are some different types of archetypes and which can be found in the novel? What type of heroine is Ella?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of love and romance in the novel "Ella Enchanted". Describe the love story between Ella and Price Char. How do they meet? What are some romantic moments shared between them? What conflicts do they face in their relationship? Do they have their happy ending?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)