|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the ogre do when it takes a look at Ella?
2. What is the name of the girl Ella befriends in her first lesson?
3. What does Mandy say many people are frightened of in Chapter 4?
4. What color dress does Ella put on for the funeral dinner?
5. What happens when Ella gives Hattie the fairy tale book to look at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ella discover about her book of fairy tales while she is on the journey to her finishing school?
2. Who does Ella's father introduce her to when she returns to the funeral? What does Ella think of these people?
3. Where does Ella go before she is to be sent away to school? What does she see there, and who does she meet?
4. Why does Ella have tiny feet?
5. What happens when Ella tells one of her playmates about her curse?
6. What difficulties does Ella encounter in her sewing lesson?
7. How does Ella feel when she tries to disobey orders given to her?
8. How does Ella impress the elves, and how do they help her?
9. What do we learn about ogres when Ella visit's the King's menagerie?
10. What makes Ella happy on her journey after running away from finishing school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the different archetypes found in the novel "Ella Enchanted". What are some different types of archetypes and which can be found in the novel? What type of heroine is Ella?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the antagonists of the novel. What is an antagonist? Who are the antagonists of the novel "Ella Enchanted"? How do they hurt or hinder Ella? Why do they do this?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of deceit. What acts of deceit occur in the novel? Who are deceitful characters? How do they affect the other characters lives? Does truth prevail? Cite examples from the text.
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)