|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the elves provide Ella with for her journey?
2. Which of the following is Ella NOT forced to do by Hattie?
3. What does Mandy clean up from the floor in Chapter 4?
4. What do the coachmen inform the girls is pursuing their carriage?
5. What happens when Ella speaks to the group of ogres?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ella run away from the ball in Chapter 28?
2. What does Lucinda do to get Ella to the ball?
3. Why is Areida unpopular at school? How does Ella also become an outcast?
4. How does Ella's changed curse return to normal again in Chapter 19?
5. How does Ella say she was able to get the baby gnome to follow her? What does the grandmother gnome prophesize about Ella's future?
6. What does Mandy explain were the reasons why Eleanor married Sir Peter?
7. What makes Ella happy on her journey after running away from finishing school?
8. Why does Sir Peter decide Ella will not marry Edmund? What does Sir Peter decide to do instead to solve his financial problems?
9. What gift does the fairy Lucinda give to Ella when she is born? How does the gift backfire?
10. What is to be held when Prince Char returns to Kyrria and what will be decided there? How do the stepsisters feel about this event?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the different archetypes found in the novel "Ella Enchanted". What are some different types of archetypes and which can be found in the novel? What type of heroine is Ella?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the antagonists of the novel. What is an antagonist? Who are the antagonists of the novel "Ella Enchanted"? How do they hurt or hinder Ella? Why do they do this?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the different magical elements in the story. What are some examples of when magic is used for good and when magic is used for bad? How does magic help and hinder Ella along the way?
This section contains 1,524 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)