|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After hearing Ella's explanation for why she obeyed the ogre, what does Prince Char think?
2. Why is Lucinda a unique fairy?
3. When Ella tells a playmate about her curse, what does her playmate make Ella to?
4. What do the knights do to stop the ogres from attacking?
5. How many girls does Ella share her room with in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Areida unpopular at school? How does Ella also become an outcast?
2. What do Hattie and Olive ask Ella for when they realize that she does whatever they ask of her?
3. How does Ella explain her willingness to obey the ogre to Char in Chapter 7?
4. Why does the elves give Ella a piece of Elfian art?
5. When Ella asks Hattie why she hates her, how does she know Hattie is telling the truth? What reasons does Hattie give for hating Ella?
6. Who does Ella's father introduce her to when she returns to the funeral? What does Ella think of these people?
7. What happens when Ella tells one of her playmates about her curse?
8. How does Ella impress the elves, and how do they help her?
9. How does Ella acquire bread and directions in Chapter 13?
10. What does Ella discover about her book of fairy tales while she is on the journey to her finishing school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the conclusion of the novel "Ella Enchanted". How does the novel end? Were you surprised by the ending? What tone is the conclusion written in? is it a happy ending? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the antagonists of the novel. What is an antagonist? Who are the antagonists of the novel "Ella Enchanted"? How do they hurt or hinder Ella? Why do they do this?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of deceit. What acts of deceit occur in the novel? Who are deceitful characters? How do they affect the other characters lives? Does truth prevail? Cite examples from the text.
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)