|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of creature is Apple?
2. If Ella tries to resist orders given to her, what happens?
3. What does Mandy clean up from the floor in Chapter 4?
4. What does Areida sneak for Ella from dinner?
5. What event does Ella discover her father will be attending?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ella discover about her book of fairy tales while she is on the journey to her finishing school?
2. How does Ella acquire bread and directions in Chapter 13?
3. Where does Sir Peter want to send Ella with Hattie and Olive? Why?
4. How does Ella say she was able to get the baby gnome to follow her? What does the grandmother gnome prophesize about Ella's future?
5. How does Ella feel when she tries to disobey orders given to her?
6. Why is Areida unpopular at school? How does Ella also become an outcast?
7. Why does the elves give Ella a piece of Elfian art?
8. Where does Ella go before she is to be sent away to school? What does she see there, and who does she meet?
9. What happens when Ella tells one of her playmates about her curse?
10. Where does Ella run away to during her mother's funeral? Who does she meet there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the character Ella. What are her defining character traits? What struggles and obstacles does she face throughout the novel? What are her goals and motives?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Ella's growth as a character. How does she grow throughout the novel? How is she able to do this? How does it change her relationship with Price Char?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of money and power in the novel "Ella Enchanted". How important is money to Sir Peter? How does he use Ella to get what he wants? Does money ever cause problems for Ella? Why does Sir Peter marry Dame Olga? Why does Dame Olga marry Sir Peter?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)