Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the grandmother gnome surprised when Ella and Char return the baby?
2. In Chapter 6, what does Ella impress the Prince with her skill for?
3. What does Ella find out Hattie is afraid of?
4. What is the first lesson the girls take at school?
5. For what reason does Ella's father send for her in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ella explain her willingness to obey the ogre to Char in Chapter 7?
2. What does Ella learn about Hattie's hair from her magic book?
3. After arriving at school, why is Ella able to quickly pick up on all of her subjects?
4. What does Mandy confess in Chapter 4? Why did Mandy keep her identity a secret?
5. Where do Ella and Char find a tiny pair of slippers? What do Ella and Char do after Ella put on the slippers?
6. What is to be held when Prince Char returns to Kyrria and what will be decided there? How do the stepsisters feel about this event?
7. How does Ella break her obedience curse?
8. How does Ella's changed curse return to normal again in Chapter 19?
9. What does Mandy give to Ella on the night of the final royal ball?
10. What do Hattie and Olive ask Ella for when they realize that she does whatever they ask of her?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of defiance in the novel. What causes Ella to become a defiant person? What are some examples of her defiance in the novel? How do these examples get her into trouble?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss conflict in "Ella Enchanted". Who is in conflict with who or what? How do the conflicts play out in the narrative? Are the conflicts resolved? If so, how?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the genre of the novel "Ella Enchanted". What is the genre of the work? What elements are found in this genre and this novel?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)