|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Char provide for Ella for the rest of her journey to the country of the giants?
2. When Ella notices the ogres, what are the ogres discussing?
3. How do the girls and coachmen get away from their pursuers?
4. What does Areida sneak for Ella from dinner?
5. Which of the following is Ella NOT forced to do by Hattie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ella acquire bread and directions in Chapter 13?
2. What do we learn about ogres when Ella visit's the King's menagerie?
3. Why does Ella have tiny feet?
4. What do Hattie and Olive ask Ella for when they realize that she does whatever they ask of her?
5. Where does Ella go before she is to be sent away to school? What does she see there, and who does she meet?
6. Who does Ella's father introduce her to when she returns to the funeral? What does Ella think of these people?
7. How do Ella's mother and Mandy react to the gift bestowed on baby Ella? Why can't the magic be undone?
8. What gift does the fairy Lucinda give to Ella when she is born? How does the gift backfire?
9. Where does Sir Peter want to send Ella with Hattie and Olive? Why?
10. Why does the elves give Ella a piece of Elfian art?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Interpret Carson Levine's use of symbolism. What are some examples of symbolism in the novel "Ella Enchanted"? Analyse and interpret the symbols.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of deceit. What acts of deceit occur in the novel? Who are deceitful characters? How do they affect the other characters lives? Does truth prevail? Cite examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the different archetypes found in the novel "Ella Enchanted". What are some different types of archetypes and which can be found in the novel? What type of heroine is Ella?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)