|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does Ella impress the Prince with her skill for?
2. What does Dame Olga notice Ella is lacking when the girls prepare to leave for school?
3. What is the first lesson the girls take at school?
4. What does Ella's mother slip into before dying?
5. When Hattie is only able to tell the truth, which of the following is NOT a reason she gives for why she hates Ella?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mandy explain were the reasons why Eleanor married Sir Peter?
2. What makes Ella happy on her journey after running away from finishing school?
3. Why does the elves give Ella a piece of Elfian art?
4. Where does Sir Peter want to send Ella with Hattie and Olive? Why?
5. After arriving at school, why is Ella able to quickly pick up on all of her subjects?
6. What do Hattie and Olive ask Ella for when they realize that she does whatever they ask of her?
7. Who does Ella's father introduce her to when she returns to the funeral? What does Ella think of these people?
8. What gift does the fairy Lucinda give to Ella when she is born? How does the gift backfire?
9. How does Ella save herself from the group of ogres that intends to eat her?
10. When Ella asks Hattie why she hates her, how does she know Hattie is telling the truth? What reasons does Hattie give for hating Ella?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the curse cast upon Ella as a baby. What is the curse and why does Lucinda cast this spell? Why is this spell seen as a gift to Lucinda but a curse to Ella? How does this curse affect Ella's life? How is she finally able to break the curse?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Carson Levine's use of foreshadowing in the novel "Ella Enchanted"? What are some examples of foreshadowing? How do these examples affect the tone of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of family in the novel "Ella Enchanted". Who are the members of Ella's family? Who are the members of her stepfamily? How important is family to Ella? What obstacles does Ella face because of her family?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)