|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color dress does Ella put on for the funeral dinner?
2. What animal do the elves give Ella to take on her journey?
3. What does Dame Olga notice Ella is lacking when the girls prepare to leave for school?
4. What is Ella's mother's name?
5. What does the ogre do when it takes a look at Ella?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Areida unpopular at school? How does Ella also become an outcast?
2. What begins to pursue the coach on the journey to the girls' finishing school? How do they escape?
3. What does Ella discover about her book of fairy tales while she is on the journey to her finishing school?
4. What happens when Ella tells one of her playmates about her curse?
5. What makes Ella happy on her journey after running away from finishing school?
6. How does Ella impress the elves, and how do they help her?
7. Who does Ella's father introduce her to when she returns to the funeral? What does Ella think of these people?
8. How does Ella acquire bread and directions in Chapter 13?
9. What does Mandy explain were the reasons why Eleanor married Sir Peter?
10. Where does Sir Peter want to send Ella with Hattie and Olive? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the character Ella. What are her defining character traits? What struggles and obstacles does she face throughout the novel? What are her goals and motives?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Ella's growth as a character. How does she grow throughout the novel? How is she able to do this? How does it change her relationship with Price Char?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of love and romance in the novel "Ella Enchanted". Describe the love story between Ella and Price Char. How do they meet? What are some romantic moments shared between them? What conflicts do they face in their relationship? Do they have their happy ending?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)