Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the grandmother gnome surprised when Ella and Char return the baby?
2. In Chapter 6, what does Ella impress the Prince with her skill for?
3. What does Ella find out Hattie is afraid of?
4. What is the first lesson the girls take at school?
5. For what reason does Ella's father send for her in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ella explain her willingness to obey the ogre to Char in Chapter 7?
2. What does Ella learn about Hattie's hair from her magic book?
3. After arriving at school, why is Ella able to quickly pick up on all of her subjects?
4. What does Mandy confess in Chapter 4? Why did Mandy keep her identity a secret?
5. Where do Ella and Char find a tiny pair of slippers? What do Ella and Char do after Ella put on the slippers?
6. What is to be held when Prince Char returns to Kyrria and what will be decided there? How do the stepsisters feel about this event?
7. How does Ella break her obedience curse?
8. How does Ella's changed curse return to normal again in Chapter 19?
9. What does Mandy give to Ella on the night of the final royal ball?
10. What do Hattie and Olive ask Ella for when they realize that she does whatever they ask of her?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the different magical elements in the story. What are some examples of when magic is used for good and when magic is used for bad? How does magic help and hinder Ella along the way?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the different archetypes found in the novel "Ella Enchanted". What are some different types of archetypes and which can be found in the novel? What type of heroine is Ella?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of money and power in the novel "Ella Enchanted". How important is money to Sir Peter? How does he use Ella to get what he wants? Does money ever cause problems for Ella? Why does Sir Peter marry Dame Olga? Why does Dame Olga marry Sir Peter?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)