|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nice thing does the Prince say about Ella's mother?
2. When Hattie is only able to tell the truth, which of the following is NOT a reason she gives for why she hates Ella?
3. Why is Lucinda a unique fairy?
4. What gift does Lucinda give Ella on the day she is born?
5. What did Ella do to win the baby gnome's trust?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ella explain her willingness to obey the ogre to Char in Chapter 7?
2. Where do Ella and Char find a tiny pair of slippers? What do Ella and Char do after Ella put on the slippers?
3. After arriving at school, why is Ella able to quickly pick up on all of her subjects?
4. What does Sir Peter tell Ella on their way home from the wedding?
5. How does Ella save herself from the group of ogres that intends to eat her?
6. Six months after Char has left for Ayortha, what does he directly ask Ella in a letter?
7. What is to be held when Prince Char returns to Kyrria and what will be decided there? How do the stepsisters feel about this event?
8. Why does Char think Ella is avoiding him when he comes to her home to visit?
9. What does Ella learn about Hattie's hair from her magic book?
10. What begins to pursue the coach on the journey to the girls' finishing school? How do they escape?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the conclusion of the novel "Ella Enchanted". How does the novel end? Were you surprised by the ending? What tone is the conclusion written in? is it a happy ending? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the genre of the novel "Ella Enchanted". What is the genre of the work? What elements are found in this genre and this novel?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the antagonists of the novel. What is an antagonist? Who are the antagonists of the novel "Ella Enchanted"? How do they hurt or hinder Ella? Why do they do this?
This section contains 1,625 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)