|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Lucinda described?
(a) As very petite.
(b) As drowning in robes.
(c) As fantastically beautiful.
(d) As wearing a lot of makeup.
2. How long does Prince Char intend to be away for in Chapter 23?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Six months.
3. What does Ella wear to the royal ball?
(a) Hattie's gown.
(b) Dame Olga's gown.
(c) Her mothers' gown.
(d) Mandy's gown.
4. What do Char and Ella search the castle for during the wedding?
(a) A secret passage.
(b) A dungeon.
(c) A throne.
(d) A wall mural.
5. What does Dame Olga take from Ella's purse?
(a) A brooch.
(b) A comb.
(c) A mirror.
(d) Some coins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ella put on her face when she returns home from the third ball?
2. After seeing what Lucinda is like, how does Ella feel?
3. What does Ella realize when her stepsisters order her to her room?
4. What does Hattie tell Olive and Olga about in Chapter 23?
5. What is to be decided by Prince Char when he returns to Kyrria?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Ella and Char write about in their letters to each other? How does Char always close his letters, and how does Ella respond?
2. What does Ella write in a letter to Char posing as Hattie?
3. How does Ella's curse change after she speaks to Lucinda?
4. What does Sir Peter tell Ella on their way home from the wedding?
5. What positive things does Sir Stephan say about Prince Char as he escorts Ella to the wedding?
6. Why does Char think Ella is avoiding him when he comes to her home to visit?
7. What is to be held when Prince Char returns to Kyrria and what will be decided there? How do the stepsisters feel about this event?
8. What do Ella and Char start searching the old castle for in Chapter 21?
9. What does Lucinda do to get Ella to the ball?
10. Why does Sir Peter decide Ella will not marry Edmund? What does Sir Peter decide to do instead to solve his financial problems?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)