|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucinda realize it is terrible to live as?
(a) A mortal.
(b) A horse.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A servant.
2. What does Ella put on her face when she returns home from the third ball?
(a) Coffee grounds.
3. Why does Ella feel comfortable going to royal ball?
(a) No one will recognize her in makeup.
(b) She knows Prince Char will want to see her.
(c) She will wear a mask.
(d) She will be lost in the crowd.
4. What does Mandy present Ella with as a gift on the night of the final ball?
(a) A locket.
(b) A tiara.
(c) A pair of glass slippers.
(d) A portrait.
5. When Prince Char comes to visit in Chapter 23, where is Ella confined?
(a) In the barn.
(b) To the cellar.
(c) To a cupboard.
(d) To her room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ella do when Prince Char orders her to marry him?
2. Which of the following is NOT something Ella is made to do for her stepfamily?
3. What does Ella tell Lucinda she would like the power to do?
4. What does Ella try to imagine in Chapter 19?
5. How many royal balls are to be held when Prince Char returns to Kyrria?
Short Essay Questions
1. Six months after Char has left for Ayortha, what does he directly ask Ella in a letter?
2. When Ella arrives home after running away from the ball, what is the commotion that she hears? What does Prince Char ask Ella to do?
3. Why does Char think Ella is avoiding him when he comes to her home to visit?
4. What do Ella and Char write about in their letters to each other? How does Char always close his letters, and how does Ella respond?
5. What does Mandy dare Lucinda to do in Chapter 25?
6. Why does Sir Peter leave not long after marrying Dame Olga? Where does he tell Ella he will go?
7. What positive things does Sir Stephan say about Prince Char as he escorts Ella to the wedding?
8. Where do Ella and Char find a tiny pair of slippers? What do Ella and Char do after Ella put on the slippers?
9. After finding out about Sir Peter's financial situation, what does Dame Olga tell Ella?
10. What does Mandy discover about the mushrooms Sir Peter wants to serve when a suitor comes to see Ella?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)