|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ella's suitor ask Sir Peter at night in Chapter 19?
(a) Whether Ella has any fairy blood.
(b) Whether he can marry Ella.
(c) Whether Ella has finished her schooling.
(d) Whether he can invest in Sir Peter's business.
2. What does Ella tell Lucinda she would like the power to do?
(a) Dance beautifully.
(b) Make people like her.
(c) Stop telling lies.
(d) Say 'no' to people.
3. Where does Dame Olga say Ella will stay in her home?
(a) A luxurious suite.
(b) The servants' quarters.
(c) The cellar.
(d) The kitchen.
4. What helps Ella get through her days of waiting on her stepsisters?
(a) Plotting her revenge.
(b) The little games she plays during the day.
(c) The though of her curse being revoked.
(d) Mandy's support.
5. What disgusts Ella when she is around her father and his fiancee?
(a) His rudeness toward her.
(b) Her meanness toward him.
(c) The sweet way they talk to each other.
(d) The way they abuse the servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Char and Ella find in a trunk full of gardening tools?
2. Under the influence of the mushrooms, what does Ella think of her suitor?
3. What is Ella responsible for when her stepfamily throws parties?
4. What gift does Lucinda bestow on the Sir Peter and his bride?
5. Why does Dame Olga agree to let Ella be Mandy's scullery maid?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mandy discover about the mushrooms Sir Peter wants to serve when a suitor comes to see Ella?
2. Why does Char think Ella is avoiding him when he comes to her home to visit?
3. What gift does Lucinda give to the newlywed giant couple?
4. What does Sir Peter tell Ella on their way home from the wedding?
5. What do Ella and Char start searching the old castle for in Chapter 21?
6. What do Ella and Char write about in their letters to each other? How does Char always close his letters, and how does Ella respond?
7. What gift does Lucinda bestow on Sir Peter and Dame Olga? How does Sir Peter react?
8. How does Ella's curse change after she speaks to Lucinda?
9. Why does Sir Peter decide Ella will not marry Edmund? What does Sir Peter decide to do instead to solve his financial problems?
10. What chores does Ella have to do after moving in with Dame Olga and her daughters?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)