|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the other fairies criticize Lucinda about at the wedding?
(a) Using magic to speed up the ceremony.
(b) Disappearing and reappearing.
(c) Arriving late.
(d) Wearing strange colors.
2. What does Ella do when Prince Char orders her to marry him?
(a) She laughs at him.
(b) She cries with happiness.
(c) She smiles and nods.
(d) She refuses.
3. Under the influence of the mushrooms, what does Ella think of her suitor?
(a) He is too sweaty.
(b) He is like her grandfather.
(c) He is handsome.
(d) He is gross.
4. What is the effect of the gift that Lucinda gives the giant couple?
(a) They will be eternally youthful.
(b) They can look at no one but each other.
(c) They will have many, many children.
(d) They can never leave each others' side.
5. Where does Mandy tell Ella to hide in Chapter 25?
(a) Behind a door.
(b) In a cupboard.
(c) Behind a curtain.
(d) Under a table.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Peter admit to Dame Olga at the beginning of Chapter 22?
2. What helps Ella get through her days of waiting on her stepsisters?
3. What do Hattie and Olive try to fit into in Chapter 29?
4. What does Ella's suitor ask Sir Peter at night in Chapter 19?
5. What does Prince Char think when he sees Ella through a window?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect do the elvish mushrooms have on Ella in Chapter 19?
2. What does Mandy give to Ella on the night of the final royal ball?
3. Why does Char think Ella is avoiding him when he comes to her home to visit?
4. Why does Sir Peter leave not long after marrying Dame Olga? Where does he tell Ella he will go?
5. Why does Ella become afraid to tell Lucinda to take her gift back? What does Ella ask Lucinda for instead?
6. What chores does Ella have to do after moving in with Dame Olga and her daughters?
7. What do Ella and Char start searching the old castle for in Chapter 21?
8. What gift does Lucinda bestow on Sir Peter and Dame Olga? How does Sir Peter react?
9. What does Sir Peter tell Ella on their way home from the wedding?
10. What terrible thing does Ella consider might happen if she married Prince Char?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)