|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ella realize when her stepsisters order her to her room?
(a) Her sister will marry Prince Char.
(b) She will never see Prince Char again.
(c) She is happy being alone.
(d) Her curse is broken.
2. What does Lucinda realize it is terrible to live as?
(a) A horse.
(b) A mortal.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A servant.
3. What does Hattie do while Ella is dancing with the Prince at the third ball?
(a) Spills her drink on Ella.
(b) Snatches her mask away.
(c) Trips Ella.
(d) Laughs and points at Ella's dancing skills.
4. What disgusts Ella when she is around her father and his fiancee?
(a) The sweet way they talk to each other.
(b) Her meanness toward him.
(c) The way they abuse the servants.
(d) His rudeness toward her.
5. What does Mandy order Ella to do after the mushrooms wear off?
(a) Not to feel happy about obeying orders.
(b) Rest in bed for a few days.
(c) Run away.
(d) Stay away from her suitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ella tell Lucinda she would like the power to do?
2. What does Sir Peter admit to Dame Olga at the beginning of Chapter 22?
3. What do Char and Ella find in a trunk full of gardening tools?
4. What does Ella put on her face when she returns home from the third ball?
5. Who does Ella avoid when she reaches the giants' wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mandy discover about the mushrooms Sir Peter wants to serve when a suitor comes to see Ella?
2. Where do Ella and Char find a tiny pair of slippers? What do Ella and Char do after Ella put on the slippers?
3. Why does Sir Peter leave not long after marrying Dame Olga? Where does he tell Ella he will go?
4. Why does Ella become afraid to tell Lucinda to take her gift back? What does Ella ask Lucinda for instead?
5. What do Ella and Char start searching the old castle for in Chapter 21?
6. When Ella arrives home after running away from the ball, what is the commotion that she hears? What does Prince Char ask Ella to do?
7. Six months after Char has left for Ayortha, what does he directly ask Ella in a letter?
8. Why doesn't Char ask Ella why she wears a mask? What does the Prince confide to Ella in Chapter 28?
9. Why does Lucinda refuse to take back Ella's obedience curse?
10. Why does Sir Peter decide Ella will not marry Edmund? What does Sir Peter decide to do instead to solve his financial problems?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)