|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under the influence of the mushrooms, what does Ella think of her suitor?
(a) He is like her grandfather.
(b) He is too sweaty.
(c) He is handsome.
(d) He is gross.
2. What is the name of the suitor in Chapter 19?
3. What does Char ask Ella in one of his letters?
(a) If she has ever travelled outside the kingdom.
(b) If she trusts her father.
(c) If Dame Olga is mistreating her.
(d) If she will marry him.
4. How does Ella punish her stepmother and sisters for their treatment of her?
(a) She publicly mocks them.
(b) She has them killed.
(c) She banishes them from the kingdom.
(d) She does not invite them to her wedding.
5. Who does Hattie insist Ella's name is to the Prince?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the knight escorting Ella talk at length about?
2. How does Ella react to being told she will be married off?
3. Where does Ella hide when she is summoned before the Prince in Chapter 29?
4. What does Sir Peter admit to Dame Olga at the beginning of Chapter 22?
5. What does Ella put on her face when she returns home from the third ball?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mandy dare Lucinda to do in Chapter 25?
2. What gift does Lucinda give to the newlywed giant couple?
3. What does Mandy discover about the mushrooms Sir Peter wants to serve when a suitor comes to see Ella?
4. What do Ella and Char write about in their letters to each other? How does Char always close his letters, and how does Ella respond?
5. Where do Ella and Char find a tiny pair of slippers? What do Ella and Char do after Ella put on the slippers?
6. Why does Lucinda refuse to take back Ella's obedience curse?
7. What gift does Lucinda bestow on Sir Peter and Dame Olga? How does Sir Peter react?
8. What does Lucinda do to get Ella to the ball?
9. Why does Ella become afraid to tell Lucinda to take her gift back? What does Ella ask Lucinda for instead?
10. What does Ella write in a letter to Char posing as Hattie?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)