|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ella punish her stepmother and sisters for their treatment of her?
(a) She publicly mocks them.
(b) She does not invite them to her wedding.
(c) She banishes them from the kingdom.
(d) She has them killed.
2. Which of the following is NOT something Ella is made to do for her stepfamily?
(a) Prepare Hattie for parties.
(b) Tell Olive stories.
(c) Prepare and serve food.
(d) Prepare baths for Olga.
3. Why won't Lucinda take back her magical gift to Ella?
(a) She has been cursed and lost her powers.
(b) She swears she never gave Ella such a gift.
(c) She no longer practices 'big magic'.
(d) She has forgotten how to.
4. What does Ella lose as she is running from the ball?
(a) Her necklace.
(b) Her headpiece.
(c) Her ring.
(d) One of her glass shoes.
5. What does the knight escorting Ella talk at length about?
(a) Prince Char.
(c) His horse.
(d) The weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. After speaking to Lucinda, how is Ella's curse affected?
2. Where does Ella weep in Chapter 25?
3. Under the influence of the mushrooms, what does Ella think of her suitor?
4. What does Ella realize could happen if she marries Prince Char?
5. What does Ella put on her face when she returns home from the third ball?
Short Essay Questions
1. What positive things does Sir Stephan say about Prince Char as he escorts Ella to the wedding?
2. What does Lucinda do to get Ella to the ball?
3. What does Ella write in a letter to Char posing as Hattie?
4. Why doesn't Char ask Ella why she wears a mask? What does the Prince confide to Ella in Chapter 28?
5. Why does Sir Peter leave not long after marrying Dame Olga? Where does he tell Ella he will go?
6. When Ella arrives home after running away from the ball, what is the commotion that she hears? What does Prince Char ask Ella to do?
7. How does Ella try to hide her made-up appearance after running home from the ball?
8. What effect do the elvish mushrooms have on Ella in Chapter 19?
9. Six months after Char has left for Ayortha, what does he directly ask Ella in a letter?
10. Why does Char think Ella is avoiding him when he comes to her home to visit?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)