|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After speaking to Lucinda, how is Ella's curse affected?
(a) She feel joy when she obeys orders.
(b) Her curse is broken.
(c) Her mind switches off when she is given an order.
(d) She dances whenever she's ordered to do something.
2. What does Ella tell Prince Char her name is at the ball?
3. When Prince Char comes to visit in Chapter 23, where is Ella confined?
(a) In the barn.
(b) To her room.
(c) To the cellar.
(d) To a cupboard.
4. What does Mandy dare Lucinda to do?
(a) Take a trip away from Kyrria.
(b) Try out the gifts she gives to people.
(c) Stop using magic.
(d) Take back her magical gifts.
5. What does Dame Olga tell Ella she will have to do when they live together?
(b) Find a husband quickly.
(c) Nurse Olga's elderly mother.
(d) Dress like a lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mandy present Ella with as a gift on the night of the final ball?
2. What does Sir Peter use his royal connections to do?
3. What does Ella's suitor ask Sir Peter at night in Chapter 19?
4. At Dame Olga's house, who does Prince Char speak to for several hours?
5. What does Dame Olga take from Ella's purse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Ella and Char write about in their letters to each other? How does Char always close his letters, and how does Ella respond?
2. Why does Char think Ella is avoiding him when he comes to her home to visit?
3. What does Mandy dare Lucinda to do in Chapter 25?
4. What does Mandy discover about the mushrooms Sir Peter wants to serve when a suitor comes to see Ella?
5. What is to be held when Prince Char returns to Kyrria and what will be decided there? How do the stepsisters feel about this event?
6. Why does Sir Peter decide Ella will not marry Edmund? What does Sir Peter decide to do instead to solve his financial problems?
7. Six months after Char has left for Ayortha, what does he directly ask Ella in a letter?
8. When Ella arrives home after running away from the ball, what is the commotion that she hears? What does Prince Char ask Ella to do?
9. How does Ella try to hide her made-up appearance after running home from the ball?
10. What do Ella and Char start searching the old castle for in Chapter 21?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)