|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of Dame Olga's daughters?
(a) Hattie and Olive.
(b) Millie and Irma.
(c) Saffy and Helga.
(d) Heddie and Olga.
2. How does Ella explain why she obeyed the ogre?
(a) She was teasing the ogre.
(b) She wanted to see if Char would stop her.
(c) She saw something irresistible in its eyes.
(d) She is cursed to obey all orders.
3. How does Ella impress the elves in Chapter 13?
(a) By identifying elvish herbs.
(b) By speaking their language.
(c) By singing a song.
(d) Be presenting them with a gift.
4. What does Ella do when her playmate takes advantage of Ella's curse?
(a) Ella punches her.
(b) Ella traps her playmate in a closet.
(c) Ella runs away.
(d) Ella cries for hours.
5. Why is the grandmother gnome surprised when Ella and Char return the baby?
(a) Humans have a hard time finding gnome homes.
(b) She didn't know the baby was gone.
(c) Humans usually don't show gnomes kindness.
(d) Ella was able to get the baby to follow her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ella's father want to send her with Olga's daughters?
2. What are ogres known for?
3. What is one reason Areida is unpopular?
4. How many girls does Ella share her room with in Chapter 10?
5. What does Mandy say many people are frightened of in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Ella run away to during her mother's funeral? Who does she meet there?
2. How does Ella say she was able to get the baby gnome to follow her? What does the grandmother gnome prophesize about Ella's future?
3. What do Hattie and Olive ask Ella for when they realize that she does whatever they ask of her?
4. What does Mandy confess in Chapter 4? Why did Mandy keep her identity a secret?
5. Why is Areida unpopular at school? How does Ella also become an outcast?
6. What does Ella learn about Hattie's hair from her magic book?
7. Why does Ella have tiny feet?
8. Who does Ella's father introduce her to when she returns to the funeral? What does Ella think of these people?
9. Why does the elves give Ella a piece of Elfian art?
10. How does Ella feel when she tries to disobey orders given to her?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)