|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hattie tell Ella to give her on their way to school?
(a) Ella's jam bun.
(b) Ella's mother's necklace.
(c) Ella's hairpin.
(d) Ella's cushion.
2. What evidence is there that Ella has fairy blood?
(a) Her pointed ears.
(b) Her feet are tiny.
(c) Her little nose.
(d) Her miniscule wings.
3. What do the coachmen inform the girls is pursuing their carriage?
(b) A dragon.
4. What does Ella discover about her book of fairy tales?
(a) It belonged to her mother.
(b) It smells like vanilla.
(c) It is missing half of its pages.
(d) It is magical.
5. How does Ella speak to the group of ogres?
(a) Using elvish words.
(b) In a whisper.
(c) As loudly as she can.
(d) In their own language.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item do the elves give Ella because she shows appreciation for it?
2. Who does Ella's mother refuse to tell her about in Chapter 2?
3. What does Ella's father note about her in Chapter 5?
4. What does Ella's text book display in Chapter 12?
5. What does Areida's father do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ella's reply when Hattie asks her why she is friends with Areida? What does Hattie do in response?
2. How does Ella acquire bread and directions in Chapter 13?
3. What happens when Ella tells one of her playmates about her curse?
4. How does Ella explain her willingness to obey the ogre to Char in Chapter 7?
5. What gift does the fairy Lucinda give to Ella when she is born? How does the gift backfire?
6. What event does Ella learn that her father will be attending from her magic book? Who is supposed to be at the event, and what does Ella decide to do after reading about her father's plans?
7. Why is Areida unpopular at school? How does Ella also become an outcast?
8. What do Hattie and Olive ask Ella for when they realize that she does whatever they ask of her?
9. When Ella asks Hattie why she hates her, how does she know Hattie is telling the truth? What reasons does Hattie give for hating Ella?
10. After arriving at school, why is Ella able to quickly pick up on all of her subjects?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)