|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ella speak to the group of ogres?
(a) In their own language.
(b) As loudly as she can.
(c) In a whisper.
(d) Using elvish words.
2. How do the girls and coachmen get away from their pursuers?
(a) They throw rocks.
(b) Some knights appear to defend them.
(c) A magical spell makes them invisible.
(d) They scream and make noise.
3. What is the name of the girl Ella befriends in her first lesson?
4. Why does Ella say she is friends with Areida?
(a) Areida is the nicest girl she's ever met.
(b) Areida helps Ella with her schoolwork.
(c) Areida has more class than Hattie.
(d) Areida is wealthy.
5. What does Ella give Hattie which forces Hattie to tell the truth.
(a) A magical flower.
(b) A potion mixed with juice.
(c) An enchanted perfume.
(d) A magic mirror.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of Dame Olga's daughters?
2. After hearing Ella's explanation for why she obeyed the ogre, what does Prince Char think?
3. What is the Prince's name?
4. What do the elves provide Ella with for her journey?
5. When Hattie is only able to tell the truth, which of the following is NOT a reason she gives for why she hates Ella?
Short Essay Questions
1. After arriving at school, why is Ella able to quickly pick up on all of her subjects?
2. How does Ella save herself from the group of ogres that intends to eat her?
3. How does Ella explain her willingness to obey the ogre to Char in Chapter 7?
4. What do we learn about ogres when Ella visit's the King's menagerie?
5. What does Mandy explain were the reasons why Eleanor married Sir Peter?
6. Where does Ella go before she is to be sent away to school? What does she see there, and who does she meet?
7. How do Ella's mother and Mandy react to the gift bestowed on baby Ella? Why can't the magic be undone?
8. When Ella asks Hattie why she hates her, how does she know Hattie is telling the truth? What reasons does Hattie give for hating Ella?
9. Who does Ella's father introduce her to when she returns to the funeral? What does Ella think of these people?
10. What difficulties does Ella encounter in her sewing lesson?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)