|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Prince's name?
2. How does Ella speak to the group of ogres?
(a) In a whisper.
(b) Using elvish words.
(c) As loudly as she can.
(d) In their own language.
3. What color dress does Ella put on for the funeral dinner?
4. What happens when Ella speaks to the group of ogres?
(a) They become angry.
(b) They laugh at her.
(c) They are lulled to sleep.
(d) They are alarmed.
5. What does Areida sneak for Ella from dinner?
(a) A pork chop.
(b) A tart.
(c) A carrot.
(d) A roll.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mandy clean up from the floor in Chapter 4?
2. Who is Mandy?
3. What is the name of the girl Ella befriends in her first lesson?
4. What item do the elves give Ella because she shows appreciation for it?
5. When Hattie is only able to tell the truth, what does Ella ask her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Ella happy on her journey after running away from finishing school?
2. Who does Ella's father introduce her to when she returns to the funeral? What does Ella think of these people?
3. What happens when Ella tells one of her playmates about her curse?
4. What gift does the fairy Lucinda give to Ella when she is born? How does the gift backfire?
5. Why does the elves give Ella a piece of Elfian art?
6. Why does Ella have tiny feet?
7. Why is Areida unpopular at school? How does Ella also become an outcast?
8. How does Ella explain her willingness to obey the ogre to Char in Chapter 7?
9. How do Ella's mother and Mandy react to the gift bestowed on baby Ella? Why can't the magic be undone?
10. What does Ella discover about her book of fairy tales while she is on the journey to her finishing school?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)