|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What evidence is there that Ella has fairy blood?
(a) Her feet are tiny.
(b) Her miniscule wings.
(c) Her pointed ears.
(d) Her little nose.
2. What does Mandy clean up from the floor in Chapter 4?
(a) A puddle of mud.
(b) A bowl.
(c) A pie.
(d) A broken egg.
3. What are the names of Dame Olga's daughters?
(a) Heddie and Olga.
(b) Millie and Irma.
(c) Hattie and Olive.
(d) Saffy and Helga.
4. What does Dame Olga notice Ella is lacking when the girls prepare to leave for school?
(a) School supplies.
(b) Proper shoes.
(c) Spending money.
5. For what reason does Ella's father send for her in Chapter 5?
(a) To get Ella away from the ogre danger.
(b) To get to know Ella.
(c) So Ella can meet his family.
(d) He plans to arrange her marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ella explain why she obeyed the ogre?
2. What is one reason Areida is unpopular?
3. Why is Lucinda a unique fairy?
4. What does Ella decide to do at the end of Chapter 12?
5. What does Ella trade Hattie's wig for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Ella go before she is to be sent away to school? What does she see there, and who does she meet?
2. How does Ella explain her willingness to obey the ogre to Char in Chapter 7?
3. How does Ella feel when she tries to disobey orders given to her?
4. When Ella asks Hattie why she hates her, how does she know Hattie is telling the truth? What reasons does Hattie give for hating Ella?
5. How does Ella acquire bread and directions in Chapter 13?
6. What does Mandy explain were the reasons why Eleanor married Sir Peter?
7. Who does Ella's father introduce her to when she returns to the funeral? What does Ella think of these people?
8. Why is Areida unpopular at school? How does Ella also become an outcast?
9. What does Ella discover about her book of fairy tales while she is on the journey to her finishing school?
10. How does Ella impress the elves, and how do they help her?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)