|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ella tells a playmate about her curse, what does her playmate make Ella to?
(a) Fight with other girls.
(b) Steal candy.
(c) Lose races.
(d) Leave her house.
2. What does the grandmother gnome prophesize Ella will someday do?
(a) Earn her family a fortune.
(b) Endanger someone she loves.
(c) Rule a vast kingdom.
(d) Save many people.
3. What color dress does Ella put on for the funeral dinner?
4. What did Ella do to win the baby gnome's trust?
(a) She gave the baby a biscuit.
(b) She said a gnomic greeting.
(c) She showed him her tiny fairy feet.
(d) She sang him a song.
5. What evidence is there that Ella has fairy blood?
(a) Her feet are tiny.
(b) Her miniscule wings.
(c) Her little nose.
(d) Her pointed ears.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ella do when her playmate takes advantage of Ella's curse?
2. What is Ella's father's name?
3. Where does Ella run away to when her father tells her to leave the funeral?
4. What does Mandy give to Ella at night when she is crying in bed?
5. What does Olga receive as a "gift" from Ella on their way to school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ella impress the elves, and how do they help her?
2. What do Hattie and Olive ask Ella for when they realize that she does whatever they ask of her?
3. What does Ella learn about Hattie's hair from her magic book?
4. Where does Sir Peter want to send Ella with Hattie and Olive? Why?
5. What gift does the fairy Lucinda give to Ella when she is born? How does the gift backfire?
6. How do Ella's mother and Mandy react to the gift bestowed on baby Ella? Why can't the magic be undone?
7. What difficulties does Ella encounter in her sewing lesson?
8. What do we learn about ogres when Ella visit's the King's menagerie?
9. When Ella asks Hattie why she hates her, how does she know Hattie is telling the truth? What reasons does Hattie give for hating Ella?
10. Why is Areida unpopular at school? How does Ella also become an outcast?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)