|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the ogre do when it takes a look at Ella?
2. Who do Ella's mother and Mandy think might be able to break Lucinda's magic?
(a) Ella's fairy godmother.
(b) The King.
(c) Ella herself.
(d) The queen of the fairies.
3. What do the knights do to stop the ogres from attacking?
(a) Put a spell on them.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Tie them up.
(d) Blind them.
4. What item do the elves give Ella because she shows appreciation for it?
(a) A painting.
(b) A sword.
(c) A cloak.
(d) A sculpture.
5. What are the names of Dame Olga's daughters?
(a) Heddie and Olga.
(b) Saffy and Helga.
(c) Millie and Irma.
(d) Hattie and Olive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ella's father note about her in Chapter 5?
2. What did Ella do to win the baby gnome's trust?
3. How does Ella speak to the group of ogres?
4. What does Ella find out Hattie is afraid of?
5. After hearing Ella's explanation for why she obeyed the ogre, what does Prince Char think?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mandy explain were the reasons why Eleanor married Sir Peter?
2. How does Ella explain her willingness to obey the ogre to Char in Chapter 7?
3. How does Ella acquire bread and directions in Chapter 13?
4. Where does Ella run away to during her mother's funeral? Who does she meet there?
5. How does Ella say she was able to get the baby gnome to follow her? What does the grandmother gnome prophesize about Ella's future?
6. What makes Ella happy on her journey after running away from finishing school?
7. Why does the elves give Ella a piece of Elfian art?
8. What do Hattie and Olive ask Ella for when they realize that she does whatever they ask of her?
9. When Ella asks Hattie why she hates her, how does she know Hattie is telling the truth? What reasons does Hattie give for hating Ella?
10. Why is Areida unpopular at school? How does Ella also become an outcast?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)