|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ella impress the elves in Chapter 13?
(a) By singing a song.
(b) Be presenting them with a gift.
(c) By identifying elvish herbs.
(d) By speaking their language.
2. What does Hattie not allow Ella to do for three days?
(a) Reclaim her fairy tale book.
(b) Sit down.
3. What gift does Lucinda give Ella on the day she is born?
(b) Eternal youth.
4. What area does Ella reach after traveling for several days?
(a) Elf Valley.
(b) Elvish country.
(c) The canyon of elves.
(d) The forest of the elves.
5. How does Ella's father react when Ella says she dislikes Olga's daughters?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He grunts.
(c) He is shocked.
(d) He laughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Olga receive as a "gift" from Ella on their way to school?
2. What does Ella's text book display in Chapter 12?
3. How many girls does Ella share her room with in Chapter 10?
4. What color dress does Ella put on for the funeral dinner?
5. Who does Sir Peter hope will be in attendance at the event his is going to in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Ella run away to during her mother's funeral? Who does she meet there?
2. What does Mandy confess in Chapter 4? Why did Mandy keep her identity a secret?
3. What is Ella's reply when Hattie asks her why she is friends with Areida? What does Hattie do in response?
4. What makes Ella happy on her journey after running away from finishing school?
5. What happens when Ella tells one of her playmates about her curse?
6. How does Ella feel when she tries to disobey orders given to her?
7. Who comes along to help after Ella stops the ogres from eating her?
8. How does Ella acquire bread and directions in Chapter 13?
9. When Ella asks Hattie why she hates her, how does she know Hattie is telling the truth? What reasons does Hattie give for hating Ella?
10. Where does Sir Peter want to send Ella with Hattie and Olive? Why?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)