|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Areida's father do?
(a) He is a scholar.
(b) He is a knight.
(c) He is a trader.
(d) He is an innkeeper.
2. What does Mandy say many people are frightened of in Chapter 4?
(a) Being alone.
(c) The King.
(d) Fairy magic.
3. What gift does Lucinda give Ella on the day she is born?
(b) Eternal youth.
4. What does Char provide for Ella for the rest of her journey to the country of the giants?
(a) A book to read.
(b) A carriage.
(c) A weapon.
(d) An escort.
5. Why is Lucinda a unique fairy?
(a) She has no wings.
(b) She acts like a human.
(c) She doesn't conceal her identity.
(d) She practices dark magic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item do the elves give Ella because she shows appreciation for it?
2. What does Ella decide to do at the end of Chapter 12?
3. How many girls does Ella share her room with in Chapter 10?
4. What does Olga receive as a "gift" from Ella on their way to school?
5. How does Ella impress the elves in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the elves give Ella a piece of Elfian art?
2. What does Ella discover about her book of fairy tales while she is on the journey to her finishing school?
3. What does Ella learn about Hattie's hair from her magic book?
4. How does Ella explain her willingness to obey the ogre to Char in Chapter 7?
5. What do Hattie and Olive ask Ella for when they realize that she does whatever they ask of her?
6. What is Ella's reply when Hattie asks her why she is friends with Areida? What does Hattie do in response?
7. What does Mandy explain were the reasons why Eleanor married Sir Peter?
8. Why does Ella have tiny feet?
9. How does Ella save herself from the group of ogres that intends to eat her?
10. What does Mandy confess in Chapter 4? Why did Mandy keep her identity a secret?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)