|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ella discover about her book of fairy tales?
(a) It is missing half of its pages.
(b) It belonged to her mother.
(c) It smells like vanilla.
(d) It is magical.
2. What does Ella make Prince Char laugh about in Chapter 15?
(a) Her description of her sewing class.
(b) Her rant about Hattie.
(c) Her stories of being proper.
(d) Her concern for the ogres.
3. What is one reason Areida is unpopular?
(a) She is younger than the others.
(b) She is very smart.
(c) She is not pretty.
(d) She is foreign.
4. How does Ella explain why she obeyed the ogre?
(a) She wanted to see if Char would stop her.
(b) She is cursed to obey all orders.
(c) She was teasing the ogre.
(d) She saw something irresistible in its eyes.
5. What is the name of the girl Ella befriends in her first lesson?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Char provide for Ella for the rest of her journey to the country of the giants?
2. What area does Ella reach after traveling for several days?
3. What does Mandy clean up from the floor in Chapter 4?
4. How do the girls and coachmen get away from their pursuers?
5. What does Ella do when her playmate takes advantage of Ella's curse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Ella run away to during her mother's funeral? Who does she meet there?
2. What does Ella learn about Hattie's hair from her magic book?
3. Why does the elves give Ella a piece of Elfian art?
4. How does Ella impress the elves, and how do they help her?
5. What begins to pursue the coach on the journey to the girls' finishing school? How do they escape?
6. What does Ella discover about her book of fairy tales while she is on the journey to her finishing school?
7. What do we learn about ogres when Ella visit's the King's menagerie?
8. What does Mandy explain were the reasons why Eleanor married Sir Peter?
9. What event does Ella learn that her father will be attending from her magic book? Who is supposed to be at the event, and what does Ella decide to do after reading about her father's plans?
10. What makes Ella happy on her journey after running away from finishing school?
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)