|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ella admit to Prince Char in Chapter 15?
(a) That she is lost.
(b) That her father is a crooked businessman.
(c) That she has run away from school.
(d) That she is cursed.
2. What does Ella give Hattie which forces Hattie to tell the truth.
(a) A potion mixed with juice.
(b) A magic mirror.
(c) A magical flower.
(d) An enchanted perfume.
3. What makes Ella happy on her journey to the country of the giants?
(a) The beautiful weather.
(b) The thought of seeing her father.
(c) The freedom to do whatever she wants.
(d) Talking to travellers along the way.
4. What does Ella think of Dame Olga and her daughters?
(a) They are sweet.
(b) They are generous.
(c) They are rude.
(d) They are dishonest.
5. What does the grandmother gnome prophesize Ella will someday do?
(a) Save many people.
(b) Earn her family a fortune.
(c) Rule a vast kingdom.
(d) Endanger someone she loves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ella's father's name?
2. Who does Sir Peter hope will be in attendance at the event his is going to in Chapter 12?
3. When Hattie is only able to tell the truth, what does she admit is her greatest desire?
4. What did Ella do to win the baby gnome's trust?
5. Why does Ella say she is friends with Areida?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ella's changed curse return to normal again in Chapter 19?
2. Why does Ella run away from the ball in Chapter 28?
3. What chores does Ella have to do after moving in with Dame Olga and her daughters?
4. How does Ella feel when she tries to disobey orders given to her?
5. What do Hattie and Olive ask Ella for when they realize that she does whatever they ask of her?
6. What do Ella and Char start searching the old castle for in Chapter 21?
7. Six months after Char has left for Ayortha, what does he directly ask Ella in a letter?
8. Why does the elves give Ella a piece of Elfian art?
9. What gift does Lucinda bestow on Sir Peter and Dame Olga? How does Sir Peter react?
10. Who does Ella's father introduce her to when she returns to the funeral? What does Ella think of these people?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)