|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ella weep in Chapter 25?
(a) Under a tree.
(b) In her bed.
(c) In her father's arms.
(d) The fireplace.
2. What does Prince Char confess to Ella at the third ball?
(a) That he is dying.
(b) That he loves her.
(c) That he has decided not to marry.
(d) That he doesn't want to be a prince.
3. What does Ella wear to the royal ball?
(a) Hattie's gown.
(b) Dame Olga's gown.
(c) Her mothers' gown.
(d) Mandy's gown.
4. Where does Dame Olga say Ella will stay in her home?
(a) The cellar.
(b) A luxurious suite.
(c) The servants' quarters.
(d) The kitchen.
5. What does Ella learn about when she travels with Prince Char?
(a) Foreign languages.
(d) Love and marriage.
6. What does Lucinda magically turn into a carriage to take Ella to the ball?
(a) A pumpkin.
(b) A cookie jar.
(c) A croquet ball.
(d) A loaf of bread.
7. What do Char and Ella search the castle for during the wedding?
(a) A throne.
(b) A wall mural.
(c) A dungeon.
(d) A secret passage.
8. Why won't Lucinda take back her magical gift to Ella?
(a) She has forgotten how to.
(b) She has been cursed and lost her powers.
(c) She no longer practices 'big magic'.
(d) She swears she never gave Ella such a gift.
9. What does Mandy order Ella to do after the mushrooms wear off?
(a) Stay away from her suitor.
(b) Rest in bed for a few days.
(c) Run away.
(d) Not to feel happy about obeying orders.
10. Why does Ella feel comfortable going to royal ball?
(a) She will wear a mask.
(b) No one will recognize her in makeup.
(c) She will be lost in the crowd.
(d) She knows Prince Char will want to see her.
11. What is the name of the suitor in Chapter 19?
12. After seeing what Lucinda is like, how does Ella feel?
13. What does Sir Peter say in the letter Ella receives from him?
(a) That he is not returning.
(b) That he will marry her off.
(c) That he has won a fortune gambling.
(d) That Ella shouldn't complain and do what Olga tells her to.
14. Who has Sir Peter decided to marry?
(b) His brother's widow.
(c) Dame Olga.
(d) Ella's sewing mistress.
15. After speaking to Lucinda, how is Ella's curse affected?
(a) Her curse is broken.
(b) She dances whenever she's ordered to do something.
(c) Her mind switches off when she is given an order.
(d) She feel joy when she obeys orders.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many fairies does Ella identify at the wedding?
2. How does Ella react to being told she will be married off?
3. What did Lucinda do to someone who asked her to take back one of her gifts?
4. Why does Dame Olga agree to let Ella be Mandy's scullery maid?
5. When Prince Char comes to visit in Chapter 23, where is Ella confined?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)