|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At Dame Olga's house, who does Prince Char speak to for several hours?
(b) Dame Olga.
2. What does Ella try to imagine in Chapter 19?
(a) Being married to Char.
(b) Getting revenge on Hattie.
(c) Being married to an old man.
(d) Life without her curse.
3. What do Ella and Mandy hide so that Sir Peter won't sell them?
(a) Lady Eleanor's gowns.
(c) Ella's books.
4. What does Hattie do while Ella is dancing with the Prince at the third ball?
(a) Laughs and points at Ella's dancing skills.
(b) Trips Ella.
(c) Spills her drink on Ella.
(d) Snatches her mask away.
5. Whose writing does Ella mimic to write a letter to Prince Char?
(a) The King's.
(b) Dame Olga's.
(d) Her father's.
6. What does Mandy order Ella to do after the mushrooms wear off?
(a) Rest in bed for a few days.
(b) Stay away from her suitor.
(c) Not to feel happy about obeying orders.
(d) Run away.
7. What does Ella wear to the royal ball?
(a) Dame Olga's gown.
(b) Mandy's gown.
(c) Hattie's gown.
(d) Her mothers' gown.
8. What is to be decided by Prince Char when he returns to Kyrria?
(a) Which castle he will live in.
(b) How much he will cut taxes by.
(c) Whom he will marry.
(d) Whether or not he will reign as king.
9. Where does Mandy tell Ella to hide in Chapter 25?
(a) Under a table.
(b) Behind a door.
(c) In a cupboard.
(d) Behind a curtain.
10. What do Ella and Char do after her father's wedding party is over?
(a) Go horseback riding.
(b) Play in the hedge maze.
(c) Slide down a banister.
(d) Climb onto the roof.
11. Where does Prince Char leave to go in Chapter 23?
12. What is the name of the knight who escorts Ella to the country of the giants?
(a) Sir Simon.
(b) Sir Rodderick.
(c) Sir Donald.
(d) Sir Stephan.
13. What is the effect of the gift that Lucinda gives the giant couple?
(a) They can look at no one but each other.
(b) They can never leave each others' side.
(c) They will have many, many children.
(d) They will be eternally youthful.
14. What does Sir Peter admit to Dame Olga at the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) That he is poor.
(b) That he has been married many times.
(c) That it is his fault Ella is cursed.
(d) That he must travel to another kingdom.
15. What do Char and Ella search the castle for during the wedding?
(a) A wall mural.
(b) A throne.
(c) A dungeon.
(d) A secret passage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dame Olga tell Ella she will have to do when they live together?
2. What does Hattie tell Olive and Olga about in Chapter 23?
3. What does Ella run to her father to tell him?
4. Where did Mandy get the gift she presents Ella with on the night of the final ball?
5. What does Mandy dare Lucinda to do?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)