|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After eating the mushrooms, what does Ella feel?
(a) Affection for her father.
(c) Sick to her stomach.
(d) An urge to tell the truth.
2. Why does Ella feel comfortable going to royal ball?
(a) No one will recognize her in makeup.
(b) She will be lost in the crowd.
(c) She knows Prince Char will want to see her.
(d) She will wear a mask.
3. What is to be decided by Prince Char when he returns to Kyrria?
(a) Whether or not he will reign as king.
(b) How much he will cut taxes by.
(c) Which castle he will live in.
(d) Whom he will marry.
4. What does Mandy dare Lucinda to do?
(a) Try out the gifts she gives to people.
(b) Stop using magic.
(c) Take a trip away from Kyrria.
(d) Take back her magical gifts.
5. What does Prince Char think when he sees Ella through a window?
(a) That she is playing a trick on him.
(b) That she is being confined.
(c) That no one told her he was visiting.
(d) That she is avoiding him.
6. What does Sir Peter tell Ella on their way home from the wedding?
(a) He has become friendly with the King.
(b) He has lost their entire fortune.
(c) He wants her to return to school.
(d) He blames himself for her mother's death.
7. What does the knight escorting Ella talk at length about?
(b) His horse.
(c) The weather.
(d) Prince Char.
8. What is unique about the mushrooms Sir Peters wants Mandy to serve in Chapter 18?
(a) They cause sleepiness.
(b) They taste like chocolate.
(c) They contain a love spell.
(d) They are an expensive delicacy.
9. In total, how long does Lucinda agree to follow Mandy's dare for?
(a) 6 months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Eight months.
(d) One year.
10. What does Char ask Ella in one of his letters?
(a) If she has ever travelled outside the kingdom.
(b) If Dame Olga is mistreating her.
(c) If she trusts her father.
(d) If she will marry him.
11. How many royal balls are to be held when Prince Char returns to Kyrria?
12. When Prince Char comes to visit in Chapter 23, where is Ella confined?
(a) To a cupboard.
(b) In the barn.
(c) To her room.
(d) To the cellar.
13. What does Ella run to her father to tell him?
(a) That she has missed him.
(b) That she ran away from school.
(c) That her curse is lifted.
(d) That she wants him to remarry.
14. Who does Sir Peter plan to marry Ella off to?
(a) A man he owes a debt to.
(b) Dame Olga's nephew.
(c) The Prince.
(d) A rich man.
15. What does Lucinda magically turn into a carriage to take Ella to the ball?
(a) A loaf of bread.
(b) A croquet ball.
(c) A cookie jar.
(d) A pumpkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which guest(s) at her father's wedding does Ella try her best to avoid?
2. What does Sir Peter tell Ella not to mention until after the wedding?
3. What does Ella's suitor ask Sir Peter at night in Chapter 19?
4. What do Hattie and Olive try to fit into in Chapter 29?
5. What does Sir Peter say in the letter Ella receives from him?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)