|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her letter to Char in Chapter 26, what lie does Ella tell him?
(a) That she is returning to school.
(b) That she is sick.
(c) That she has eloped.
(d) That she will never get married.
2. Who helps Ella send Prince Char a letter?
(b) Sir Peter.
3. What does Lucinda magically turn into a carriage to take Ella to the ball?
(a) A pumpkin.
(b) A croquet ball.
(c) A cookie jar.
(d) A loaf of bread.
4. What does Lucinda realize it is terrible to live as?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A mortal.
(c) A servant.
(d) A horse.
5. What does Lucinda magically turn into a horses and coachmen to take Ella to the ball?
6. What does Sir Peter think of Olga after their marriage?
(a) She is crazy.
(b) She is clever.
(c) She is annoying.
(d) She is wonderful.
7. What does Sir Peter admit to Dame Olga at the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) That he must travel to another kingdom.
(b) That it is his fault Ella is cursed.
(c) That he has been married many times.
(d) That he is poor.
8. What does the knight escorting Ella talk at length about?
(b) His horse.
(c) The weather.
(d) Prince Char.
9. What do Ella and Mandy hide so that Sir Peter won't sell them?
(c) Lady Eleanor's gowns.
(d) Ella's books.
10. Who does Sir Peter plan to marry Ella off to?
(a) A rich man.
(b) Dame Olga's nephew.
(c) The Prince.
(d) A man he owes a debt to.
11. How does Ella react to being told she will be married off?
(a) She is relieved.
(b) She is terrified.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) She is overjoyed.
12. Why won't Lucinda take back her magical gift to Ella?
(a) She no longer practices 'big magic'.
(b) She swears she never gave Ella such a gift.
(c) She has forgotten how to.
(d) She has been cursed and lost her powers.
13. What does Dame Olga tell Ella she will have to do when they live together?
(a) Dress like a lady.
(c) Find a husband quickly.
(d) Nurse Olga's elderly mother.
14. What did Lucinda do to someone who asked her to take back one of her gifts?
(a) She turned them into a rat.
(b) She turned them into a boar.
(c) She turned them into a fish.
(d) She turned them into a squirrel.
15. Where does Dame Olga say Ella will stay in her home?
(a) A luxurious suite.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The servants' quarters.
(d) The cellar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Peter say in the letter Ella receives from him?
2. What does Ella realize when her stepsisters order her to her room?
3. Who has Sir Peter decided to marry?
4. What does Ella tell Lucinda she would like the power to do?
5. What does Sir Peter compliment Ella for in a note?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)