|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After eating the mushrooms, what does Ella feel?
(b) An urge to tell the truth.
(c) Sick to her stomach.
(d) Affection for her father.
2. What is the effect of the gift that Lucinda gives the giant couple?
(a) They can never leave each others' side.
(b) They will be eternally youthful.
(c) They can look at no one but each other.
(d) They will have many, many children.
3. Who does Ella avoid when she reaches the giants' wedding?
(c) Dame Olga.
(d) Her father.
4. What helps Ella get through her days of waiting on her stepsisters?
(a) The little games she plays during the day.
(b) Plotting her revenge.
(c) Mandy's support.
(d) The though of her curse being revoked.
5. What does Ella look for in order to locate the fairy guests?
(a) Sparkles in the air.
(b) Tiny feet.
(d) Colorful hair.
6. What is the name of the knight who escorts Ella to the country of the giants?
(a) Sir Stephan.
(b) Sir Donald.
(c) Sir Simon.
(d) Sir Rodderick.
7. What is Ella responsible for when her stepfamily throws parties?
(a) Tending to the fire.
(b) Taking people's cloaks.
(c) Announcing guests.
(d) Serving drinks.
8. Where does Ella weep in Chapter 25?
(a) In her father's arms.
(b) Under a tree.
(c) The fireplace.
(d) In her bed.
9. Where did Mandy get the gift she presents Ella with on the night of the final ball?
(a) From Ella's mother.
(b) From her own mother.
(c) She made it.
(d) From the market.
10. What do Ella and Char do after her father's wedding party is over?
(a) Slide down a banister.
(b) Play in the hedge maze.
(c) Go horseback riding.
(d) Climb onto the roof.
11. Where does Sir Peter tell Ella he is going in Chapter 22?
(a) To visit family.
(b) On a trading journey.
(c) On a holiday.
(d) On a pilgrimmage.
12. What gift does Lucinda bestow on the Sir Peter and his bride?
(a) Everlasting love.
(b) Undying devotion.
(c) Unconditional forgiveness.
(d) Eternal understanding.
13. What does Sir Peter admit to Dame Olga at the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) That it is his fault Ella is cursed.
(b) That he must travel to another kingdom.
(c) That he has been married many times.
(d) That he is poor.
14. What does Sir Peter say in the letter Ella receives from him?
(a) That he has won a fortune gambling.
(b) That he is not returning.
(c) That he will marry her off.
(d) That Ella shouldn't complain and do what Olga tells her to.
15. What does Ella run to her father to tell him?
(a) That she has missed him.
(b) That she wants him to remarry.
(c) That her curse is lifted.
(d) That she ran away from school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prince Char think when he sees Ella through a window?
2. What does Mandy present Ella with as a gift on the night of the final ball?
3. Whose writing does Ella mimic to write a letter to Prince Char?
4. What does Lucinda magically turn into a carriage to take Ella to the ball?
5. What does Ella realize could happen if she marries Prince Char?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)