|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Char ask Ella in one of his letters?
(a) If she will marry him.
(b) If she trusts her father.
(c) If Dame Olga is mistreating her.
(d) If she has ever travelled outside the kingdom.
2. What do Ella and Char do after her father's wedding party is over?
(a) Slide down a banister.
(b) Go horseback riding.
(c) Climb onto the roof.
(d) Play in the hedge maze.
3. What does the knight escorting Ella talk at length about?
(a) Prince Char.
(b) His horse.
(d) The weather.
4. At Dame Olga's house, who does Prince Char speak to for several hours?
(b) Dame Olga.
5. What does Ella look for in order to locate the fairy guests?
(a) Colorful hair.
(c) Tiny feet.
(d) Sparkles in the air.
6. How long does Prince Char intend to be away for in Chapter 23?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Three weeks.
7. What does Hattie do while Ella is dancing with the Prince at the third ball?
(a) Spills her drink on Ella.
(b) Snatches her mask away.
(c) Laughs and points at Ella's dancing skills.
(d) Trips Ella.
8. In total, how long does Lucinda agree to follow Mandy's dare for?
(a) One year.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) 6 months.
(d) Eight months.
9. Why does Dame Olga agree to let Ella be Mandy's scullery maid?
(a) Olga doesn't really care.
(b) Olga loves Mandy's cooking.
(c) Olga wants to see Ella around the house less.
(d) Olga thinks the job will be tough.
10. What does Lucinda realize it is terrible to live as?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A servant.
(c) A horse.
(d) A mortal.
11. Where does Ella hide upstairs during the wedding?
(a) Under a bed.
(b) On a balcony.
(c) In an empty room.
(d) In a cupboard.
12. What does Ella learn about when she travels with Prince Char?
(a) Foreign languages.
(c) Love and marriage.
13. How many fairies does Ella identify at the wedding?
14. Who does Hattie insist Ella's name is to the Prince?
15. Why has Sir Peter decided against marrying Ella to her suitor?
(a) The suitor showed more interest in Mandy.
(b) He wants to try to marry Ella to a royal.
(c) The suitor is not as rich as Sir Peter thought.
(d) The suitor was too old.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Lucinda described?
2. What is the new room Dame Olga moves Ella into lacking?
3. Where does Ella hide when she is summoned before the Prince in Chapter 29?
4. In her letter to Char in Chapter 26, what lie does Ella tell him?
5. Which guest(s) at her father's wedding does Ella try her best to avoid?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)