|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sir Peter tell Ella he is going in Chapter 22?
(a) To visit family.
(b) On a holiday.
(c) On a trading journey.
(d) On a pilgrimmage.
2. What is the effect of the gift that Lucinda gives the giant couple?
(a) They can never leave each others' side.
(b) They will have many, many children.
(c) They can look at no one but each other.
(d) They will be eternally youthful.
3. What does Lucinda magically turn into a horses and coachmen to take Ella to the ball?
4. Why does Ella feel comfortable going to royal ball?
(a) She knows Prince Char will want to see her.
(b) She will be lost in the crowd.
(c) No one will recognize her in makeup.
(d) She will wear a mask.
5. What does Ella try to imagine in Chapter 19?
(a) Getting revenge on Hattie.
(b) Life without her curse.
(c) Being married to an old man.
(d) Being married to Char.
6. What does Ella realize when her stepsisters order her to her room?
(a) Her curse is broken.
(b) She is happy being alone.
(c) Her sister will marry Prince Char.
(d) She will never see Prince Char again.
7. What do Ella and Mandy hide so that Sir Peter won't sell them?
(b) Lady Eleanor's gowns.
(d) Ella's books.
8. Where does Dame Olga say Ella will stay in her home?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The servants' quarters.
(c) A luxurious suite.
(d) The cellar.
9. What do Char and Ella find in a trunk full of gardening tools?
(a) A mask.
(b) A ring.
(c) A fairy sculpture.
(d) Glass slippers.
10. What is the name of the knight who escorts Ella to the country of the giants?
(a) Sir Rodderick.
(b) Sir Simon.
(c) Sir Donald.
(d) Sir Stephan.
11. What does Prince Char confess to Ella at the third ball?
(a) That he loves her.
(b) That he is dying.
(c) That he has decided not to marry.
(d) That he doesn't want to be a prince.
12. What does Sir Peter think of Olga after their marriage?
(a) She is wonderful.
(b) She is crazy.
(c) She is clever.
(d) She is annoying.
13. What is to be decided by Prince Char when he returns to Kyrria?
(a) Whom he will marry.
(b) Whether or not he will reign as king.
(c) How much he will cut taxes by.
(d) Which castle he will live in.
14. How does Ella punish her stepmother and sisters for their treatment of her?
(a) She banishes them from the kingdom.
(b) She has them killed.
(c) She does not invite them to her wedding.
(d) She publicly mocks them.
15. What does Lucinda notice about Ella at the wedding?
(a) That Ella's dress is dirty.
(b) That Ella is staring.
(c) That Ella has little feet.
(d) That Ella resembles Lady Eleanor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What helps Ella get through her days of waiting on her stepsisters?
2. What do Ella and Char do after her father's wedding party is over?
3. Where did Mandy get the gift she presents Ella with on the night of the final ball?
4. What does Hattie tell Olive and Olga about in Chapter 23?
5. What does Ella learn about when she travels with Prince Char?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)