|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ella punish her stepmother and sisters for their treatment of her?
(a) She banishes them from the kingdom.
(b) She has them killed.
(c) She does not invite them to her wedding.
(d) She publicly mocks them.
2. After eating the mushrooms, what does Ella feel?
(a) An urge to tell the truth.
(c) Sick to her stomach.
(d) Affection for her father.
3. What do the other fairies criticize Lucinda about at the wedding?
(a) Arriving late.
(b) Wearing strange colors.
(c) Using magic to speed up the ceremony.
(d) Disappearing and reappearing.
4. What does Ella realize when her stepsisters order her to her room?
(a) She will never see Prince Char again.
(b) Her curse is broken.
(c) She is happy being alone.
(d) Her sister will marry Prince Char.
5. Who helps Ella send Prince Char a letter?
(a) Sir Peter.
6. What does Ella try to imagine in Chapter 19?
(a) Getting revenge on Hattie.
(b) Being married to an old man.
(c) Being married to Char.
(d) Life without her curse.
7. What does Sir Peter think of Olga after their marriage?
(a) She is crazy.
(b) She is annoying.
(c) She is wonderful.
(d) She is clever.
8. What does Ella run to her father to tell him?
(a) That she has missed him.
(b) That she wants him to remarry.
(c) That her curse is lifted.
(d) That she ran away from school.
9. What does Hattie tell Olive and Olga about in Chapter 23?
(a) Mandy's true identity.
(b) The dresses Ella has hidden.
(c) Ella's friendship with the Prince.
(d) Ella's curse.
10. What is the new room Dame Olga moves Ella into lacking?
(a) A window.
(b) A fireplace.
(c) A cieling
(d) A bed.
11. What does Ella do when Prince Char orders her to marry him?
(a) She cries with happiness.
(b) She laughs at him.
(c) She refuses.
(d) She smiles and nods.
12. Which of the following is NOT something Ella is made to do for her stepfamily?
(a) Prepare baths for Olga.
(b) Prepare Hattie for parties.
(c) Prepare and serve food.
(d) Tell Olive stories.
13. What does Ella tell Prince Char her name is at the ball?
14. Where does Sir Peter tell Ella he is going in Chapter 22?
(a) To visit family.
(b) On a trading journey.
(c) On a holiday.
(d) On a pilgrimmage.
15. What does Ella realize could happen if she marries Prince Char?
(a) She could get revenge on her stepfamily.
(b) His family might disown him.
(c) He might banish her father from the kingdon.
(d) Someone could use her curse to harm Char.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Char and Ella find in a trunk full of gardening tools?
2. What did Lucinda do to someone who asked her to take back one of her gifts?
3. When Lucinda reappears after following Mandy's dare, how does she look?
4. What does Ella tell Lucinda she would like the power to do?
5. Where does Ella weep in Chapter 25?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)