|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ella feel comfortable going to royal ball?
(a) She knows Prince Char will want to see her.
(b) No one will recognize her in makeup.
(c) She will wear a mask.
(d) She will be lost in the crowd.
2. Who tells Ella that the Prince is at her house in Chapter 29?
(b) Dame Olga.
(d) A maid.
3. What does Ella tell Lucinda she would like the power to do?
(a) Stop telling lies.
(b) Dance beautifully.
(c) Make people like her.
(d) Say 'no' to people.
4. What does Ella put on her face when she returns home from the third ball?
(b) Coffee grounds.
5. What does Ella run to her father to tell him?
(a) That she wants him to remarry.
(b) That she has missed him.
(c) That she ran away from school.
(d) That her curse is lifted.
6. Who does Ella avoid when she reaches the giants' wedding?
(c) Her father.
(d) Dame Olga.
7. After eating the mushrooms, what does Ella feel?
(a) An urge to tell the truth.
(c) Sick to her stomach.
(d) Affection for her father.
8. What does Ella tell Prince Char her name is at the ball?
9. Why won't Lucinda take back her magical gift to Ella?
(a) She swears she never gave Ella such a gift.
(b) She has forgotten how to.
(c) She no longer practices 'big magic'.
(d) She has been cursed and lost her powers.
10. How many royal balls are to be held when Prince Char returns to Kyrria?
11. What does Ella's suitor ask Sir Peter at night in Chapter 19?
(a) Whether Ella has finished her schooling.
(b) Whether he can invest in Sir Peter's business.
(c) Whether he can marry Ella.
(d) Whether Ella has any fairy blood.
12. How is Lucinda described?
(a) As drowning in robes.
(b) As very petite.
(c) As fantastically beautiful.
(d) As wearing a lot of makeup.
13. What does Mandy dare Lucinda to do?
(a) Stop using magic.
(b) Take back her magical gifts.
(c) Try out the gifts she gives to people.
(d) Take a trip away from Kyrria.
14. Where does Dame Olga say Ella will stay in her home?
(a) The servants' quarters.
(b) A luxurious suite.
(c) The cellar.
(d) The kitchen.
15. What do Char and Ella search the castle for during the wedding?
(a) A wall mural.
(b) A secret passage.
(c) A throne.
(d) A dungeon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dame Olga take from Ella's purse?
2. When Prince Char comes to visit in Chapter 23, where is Ella confined?
3. Where does Mandy tell Ella to hide in Chapter 25?
4. What do Ella and Mandy hide so that Sir Peter won't sell them?
5. What does Prince Char think when he sees Ella through a window?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)