|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ella realize when her stepsisters order her to her room?
(a) She is happy being alone.
(b) Her curse is broken.
(c) Her sister will marry Prince Char.
(d) She will never see Prince Char again.
2. After seeing what Lucinda is like, how does Ella feel?
3. In total, how long does Lucinda agree to follow Mandy's dare for?
(a) 6 months.
(b) Eight months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One year.
4. What do Hattie and Olive try to fit into in Chapter 29?
(a) Ella's slipper.
(b) Ella's headdress.
(c) Ella's gown from the ball.
(d) Ella's pajamas.
5. After speaking to Lucinda, how is Ella's curse affected?
(a) She dances whenever she's ordered to do something.
(b) She feel joy when she obeys orders.
(c) Her mind switches off when she is given an order.
(d) Her curse is broken.
6. What does Ella put on her face when she returns home from the third ball?
(d) Coffee grounds.
7. What do Ella and Char do after her father's wedding party is over?
(a) Go horseback riding.
(b) Climb onto the roof.
(c) Slide down a banister.
(d) Play in the hedge maze.
8. When Lucinda reappears after following Mandy's dare, how does she look?
(a) Even more beautiful.
(b) Sad and droopy.
(c) Like she has aged by twenty years.
9. What does Sir Peter admit to Dame Olga at the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) That he must travel to another kingdom.
(b) That he has been married many times.
(c) That he is poor.
(d) That it is his fault Ella is cursed.
10. What gift does Lucinda bestow on the Sir Peter and his bride?
(a) Unconditional forgiveness.
(b) Eternal understanding.
(c) Undying devotion.
(d) Everlasting love.
11. What is the effect of the gift that Lucinda gives the giant couple?
(a) They will have many, many children.
(b) They can look at no one but each other.
(c) They will be eternally youthful.
(d) They can never leave each others' side.
12. What do Ella and Mandy hide so that Sir Peter won't sell them?
(a) Ella's books.
(b) Lady Eleanor's gowns.
13. Whose writing does Ella mimic to write a letter to Prince Char?
(a) Her father's.
(c) Dame Olga's.
(d) The King's.
14. How many royal balls are to be held when Prince Char returns to Kyrria?
15. What does Ella cover up with a filthy piece of linen when she returns home from the third ball?
(a) Her fairy book.
(b) Her face.
(c) Her fairy feet.
(d) Her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ella hide when she is summoned before the Prince in Chapter 29?
2. What does Hattie do while Ella is dancing with the Prince at the third ball?
3. Under the influence of the mushrooms, what does Ella think of her suitor?
4. When Prince Char comes to visit in Chapter 23, where is Ella confined?
5. What does Ella try to imagine in Chapter 19?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)