|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hattie tell Olive and Olga about in Chapter 23?
(a) Ella's curse.
(b) The dresses Ella has hidden.
(c) Mandy's true identity.
(d) Ella's friendship with the Prince.
2. Where does Ella weep in Chapter 25?
(a) The fireplace.
(b) In her father's arms.
(c) Under a tree.
(d) In her bed.
3. After speaking to Lucinda, how is Ella's curse affected?
(a) Her mind switches off when she is given an order.
(b) She dances whenever she's ordered to do something.
(c) She feel joy when she obeys orders.
(d) Her curse is broken.
4. Who tells Ella that the Prince is at her house in Chapter 29?
(a) Dame Olga.
(c) A maid.
5. What do Char and Ella find in a trunk full of gardening tools?
(a) Glass slippers.
(b) A ring.
(c) A mask.
(d) A fairy sculpture.
6. Which guest(s) at her father's wedding does Ella try her best to avoid?
(a) The giant couple.
(b) Her crazy old uncle.
(d) Prince Char.
7. What do Ella and Char do after her father's wedding party is over?
(a) Go horseback riding.
(b) Play in the hedge maze.
(c) Slide down a banister.
(d) Climb onto the roof.
8. What is to be decided by Prince Char when he returns to Kyrria?
(a) Whether or not he will reign as king.
(b) Whom he will marry.
(c) Which castle he will live in.
(d) How much he will cut taxes by.
9. What does Ella run to her father to tell him?
(a) That she has missed him.
(b) That she wants him to remarry.
(c) That her curse is lifted.
(d) That she ran away from school.
10. What does Sir Peter think of Olga after their marriage?
(a) She is crazy.
(b) She is clever.
(c) She is wonderful.
(d) She is annoying.
11. What does Ella learn about when she travels with Prince Char?
(b) Love and marriage.
(d) Foreign languages.
12. What does Ella tell Prince Char her name is at the ball?
13. Where does Ella hide when she is summoned before the Prince in Chapter 29?
(a) Behind Hattie.
(b) In the cupboard.
(c) Behind a servant.
(d) Under the kitchen table.
14. Whose writing does Ella mimic to write a letter to Prince Char?
(a) Dame Olga's.
(b) The King's.
(d) Her father's.
15. Why won't Lucinda take back her magical gift to Ella?
(a) She no longer practices 'big magic'.
(b) She has been cursed and lost her powers.
(c) She has forgotten how to.
(d) She swears she never gave Ella such a gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mandy tell Ella to hide in Chapter 25?
2. When Prince Char comes to visit in Chapter 23, where is Ella confined?
3. What does Sir Peter admit to Dame Olga at the beginning of Chapter 22?
4. What does Prince Char think when he sees Ella through a window?
5. What is the new room Dame Olga moves Ella into lacking?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)