|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Char and Ella find in a trunk full of gardening tools?
(a) A fairy sculpture.
(b) A ring.
(c) Glass slippers.
(d) A mask.
2. Why does Ella feel comfortable going to royal ball?
(a) She will be lost in the crowd.
(b) She will wear a mask.
(c) She knows Prince Char will want to see her.
(d) No one will recognize her in makeup.
3. How is Lucinda described?
(a) As wearing a lot of makeup.
(b) As fantastically beautiful.
(c) As drowning in robes.
(d) As very petite.
4. What does Mandy dare Lucinda to do?
(a) Take back her magical gifts.
(b) Take a trip away from Kyrria.
(c) Try out the gifts she gives to people.
(d) Stop using magic.
5. What does Char ask Ella in one of his letters?
(a) If she trusts her father.
(b) If she has ever travelled outside the kingdom.
(c) If Dame Olga is mistreating her.
(d) If she will marry him.
6. What does Ella lose as she is running from the ball?
(a) Her ring.
(b) One of her glass shoes.
(c) Her necklace.
(d) Her headpiece.
7. Why does Dame Olga agree to let Ella be Mandy's scullery maid?
(a) Olga thinks the job will be tough.
(b) Olga wants to see Ella around the house less.
(c) Olga doesn't really care.
(d) Olga loves Mandy's cooking.
8. What gift does Lucinda bestow on the Sir Peter and his bride?
(a) Unconditional forgiveness.
(b) Everlasting love.
(c) Eternal understanding.
(d) Undying devotion.
9. What does Sir Peter say in the letter Ella receives from him?
(a) That he has won a fortune gambling.
(b) That Ella shouldn't complain and do what Olga tells her to.
(c) That he will marry her off.
(d) That he is not returning.
10. Who does Sir Peter plan to marry Ella off to?
(a) Dame Olga's nephew.
(b) The Prince.
(c) A man he owes a debt to.
(d) A rich man.
11. What do Hattie and Olive try to fit into in Chapter 29?
(a) Ella's slipper.
(b) Ella's gown from the ball.
(c) Ella's pajamas.
(d) Ella's headdress.
12. What does Ella realize when her stepsisters order her to her room?
(a) She is happy being alone.
(b) Her curse is broken.
(c) Her sister will marry Prince Char.
(d) She will never see Prince Char again.
13. What does Ella run to her father to tell him?
(a) That she ran away from school.
(b) That her curse is lifted.
(c) That she wants him to remarry.
(d) That she has missed him.
14. Why has Sir Peter decided against marrying Ella to her suitor?
(a) He wants to try to marry Ella to a royal.
(b) The suitor was too old.
(c) The suitor is not as rich as Sir Peter thought.
(d) The suitor showed more interest in Mandy.
15. What does Ella tell Lucinda she would like the power to do?
(a) Say 'no' to people.
(b) Stop telling lies.
(c) Dance beautifully.
(d) Make people like her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dame Olga tell Ella she will have to do when they live together?
2. When Lucinda reappears after following Mandy's dare, how does she look?
3. What does Lucinda notice about Ella at the wedding?
4. How does Ella react to being told she will be married off?
5. What does Ella learn about when she travels with Prince Char?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)