|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the knight who escorts Ella to the country of the giants?
(a) Sir Rodderick.
(b) Sir Simon.
(c) Sir Stephan.
(d) Sir Donald.
2. How many fairies does Ella identify at the wedding?
3. What does Dame Olga tell Ella she will have to do when they live together?
(a) Find a husband quickly.
(b) Nurse Olga's elderly mother.
(d) Dress like a lady.
4. What did Lucinda do to someone who asked her to take back one of her gifts?
(a) She turned them into a squirrel.
(b) She turned them into a fish.
(c) She turned them into a boar.
(d) She turned them into a rat.
5. What does Lucinda notice about Ella at the wedding?
(a) That Ella is staring.
(b) That Ella's dress is dirty.
(c) That Ella resembles Lady Eleanor.
(d) That Ella has little feet.
6. How long does Prince Char intend to be away for in Chapter 23?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Two years.
7. What does Dame Olga take from Ella's purse?
(a) A brooch.
(b) A mirror.
(c) Some coins.
(d) A comb.
8. What does Sir Peter compliment Ella for in a note?
(a) Her pretty appearance.
(b) Flirting beautifully.
(c) Convincing her suitor that she is a lady.
(d) Doing well in school.
9. Where does Mandy tell Ella to hide in Chapter 25?
(a) Behind a door.
(b) Behind a curtain.
(c) In a cupboard.
(d) Under a table.
10. Why does Dame Olga agree to let Ella be Mandy's scullery maid?
(a) Olga thinks the job will be tough.
(b) Olga doesn't really care.
(c) Olga wants to see Ella around the house less.
(d) Olga loves Mandy's cooking.
11. Who does Ella avoid when she reaches the giants' wedding?
(c) Dame Olga.
(d) Her father.
12. What disgusts Ella when she is around her father and his fiancee?
(a) Her meanness toward him.
(b) The sweet way they talk to each other.
(c) The way they abuse the servants.
(d) His rudeness toward her.
13. Why won't Lucinda take back her magical gift to Ella?
(a) She has been cursed and lost her powers.
(b) She has forgotten how to.
(c) She swears she never gave Ella such a gift.
(d) She no longer practices 'big magic'.
14. What do Ella and Mandy hide so that Sir Peter won't sell them?
(c) Lady Eleanor's gowns.
(d) Ella's books.
15. What does Hattie tell Olive and Olga about in Chapter 23?
(a) Mandy's true identity.
(b) Ella's curse.
(c) The dresses Ella has hidden.
(d) Ella's friendship with the Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Sir Peter decided against marrying Ella to her suitor?
2. When Prince Char comes to visit in Chapter 23, where is Ella confined?
3. How many royal balls are to be held when Prince Char returns to Kyrria?
4. What does Ella look for in order to locate the fairy guests?
5. What does Ella's suitor ask Sir Peter at night in Chapter 19?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)