|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mandy dare Lucinda to do?
(a) Try out the gifts she gives to people.
(b) Take a trip away from Kyrria.
(c) Stop using magic.
(d) Take back her magical gifts.
2. Who does Sir Peter plan to marry Ella off to?
(a) A man he owes a debt to.
(b) The Prince.
(c) A rich man.
(d) Dame Olga's nephew.
3. In total, how long does Lucinda agree to follow Mandy's dare for?
(a) 6 months.
(b) Eight months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two weeks.
4. What does Char ask Ella in one of his letters?
(a) If she has ever travelled outside the kingdom.
(b) If Dame Olga is mistreating her.
(c) If she trusts her father.
(d) If she will marry him.
5. How is Lucinda described?
(a) As fantastically beautiful.
(b) As drowning in robes.
(c) As very petite.
(d) As wearing a lot of makeup.
6. Under the influence of the mushrooms, what does Ella think of her suitor?
(a) He is like her grandfather.
(b) He is gross.
(c) He is handsome.
(d) He is too sweaty.
7. How does Ella react to being told she will be married off?
(a) She is terrified.
(b) She is indifferent.
(c) She is overjoyed.
(d) She is relieved.
8. At Dame Olga's house, who does Prince Char speak to for several hours?
(c) Dame Olga.
9. Who has Sir Peter decided to marry?
(a) Ella's sewing mistress.
(c) Dame Olga.
(d) His brother's widow.
10. In her letter to Char in Chapter 26, what lie does Ella tell him?
(a) That she will never get married.
(b) That she is returning to school.
(c) That she is sick.
(d) That she has eloped.
11. Where did Mandy get the gift she presents Ella with on the night of the final ball?
(a) She made it.
(b) From Ella's mother.
(c) From her own mother.
(d) From the market.
12. What does Ella put on her face when she returns home from the third ball?
(c) Coffee grounds.
13. What does Ella realize could happen if she marries Prince Char?
(a) Someone could use her curse to harm Char.
(b) His family might disown him.
(c) She could get revenge on her stepfamily.
(d) He might banish her father from the kingdon.
14. After speaking to Lucinda, how is Ella's curse affected?
(a) Her mind switches off when she is given an order.
(b) She dances whenever she's ordered to do something.
(c) Her curse is broken.
(d) She feel joy when she obeys orders.
15. What disgusts Ella when she is around her father and his fiancee?
(a) The way they abuse the servants.
(b) The sweet way they talk to each other.
(c) Her meanness toward him.
(d) His rudeness toward her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hattie insist Ella's name is to the Prince?
2. What does Sir Peter tell Ella not to mention until after the wedding?
3. What does Ella cover up with a filthy piece of linen when she returns home from the third ball?
4. Why does Dame Olga agree to let Ella be Mandy's scullery maid?
5. What does Mandy present Ella with as a gift on the night of the final ball?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)