|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mandy present Ella with as a gift on the night of the final ball?
(a) A pair of glass slippers.
(b) A locket.
(c) A tiara.
(d) A portrait.
2. At Dame Olga's house, who does Prince Char speak to for several hours?
(c) Dame Olga.
3. What is the effect of the gift that Lucinda gives the giant couple?
(a) They will have many, many children.
(b) They can never leave each others' side.
(c) They can look at no one but each other.
(d) They will be eternally youthful.
4. After seeing what Lucinda is like, how does Ella feel?
5. What does Ella look for in order to locate the fairy guests?
(a) Tiny feet.
(b) Colorful hair.
(c) Sparkles in the air.
6. Whose writing does Ella mimic to write a letter to Prince Char?
(a) The King's.
(c) Dame Olga's.
(d) Her father's.
7. Why won't Lucinda take back her magical gift to Ella?
(a) She swears she never gave Ella such a gift.
(b) She has forgotten how to.
(c) She has been cursed and lost her powers.
(d) She no longer practices 'big magic'.
8. Why does Ella feel comfortable going to royal ball?
(a) She will wear a mask.
(b) She will be lost in the crowd.
(c) No one will recognize her in makeup.
(d) She knows Prince Char will want to see her.
9. What does Dame Olga take from Ella's purse?
(a) A brooch.
(b) A mirror.
(c) A comb.
(d) Some coins.
10. What does the knight escorting Ella talk at length about?
(a) The weather.
(c) His horse.
(d) Prince Char.
11. What disgusts Ella when she is around her father and his fiancee?
(a) The way they abuse the servants.
(b) The sweet way they talk to each other.
(c) Her meanness toward him.
(d) His rudeness toward her.
12. What gift does Lucinda bestow on the Sir Peter and his bride?
(a) Unconditional forgiveness.
(b) Eternal understanding.
(c) Undying devotion.
(d) Everlasting love.
13. What does Mandy order Ella to do after the mushrooms wear off?
(a) Not to feel happy about obeying orders.
(b) Stay away from her suitor.
(c) Rest in bed for a few days.
(d) Run away.
14. Why has Sir Peter decided against marrying Ella to her suitor?
(a) The suitor was too old.
(b) The suitor showed more interest in Mandy.
(c) He wants to try to marry Ella to a royal.
(d) The suitor is not as rich as Sir Peter thought.
15. Where does Dame Olga say Ella will stay in her home?
(a) The cellar.
(b) The servants' quarters.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) A luxurious suite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ella and Mandy hide so that Sir Peter won't sell them?
2. Which guest(s) at her father's wedding does Ella try her best to avoid?
3. What does Sir Peter use his royal connections to do?
4. Under the influence of the mushrooms, what does Ella think of her suitor?
5. What does Sir Peter compliment Ella for in a note?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)