|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ella tell Lucinda she would like the power to do?
(a) Dance beautifully.
(b) Make people like her.
(c) Stop telling lies.
(d) Say 'no' to people.
2. What is the name of the knight who escorts Ella to the country of the giants?
(a) Sir Stephan.
(b) Sir Rodderick.
(c) Sir Simon.
(d) Sir Donald.
3. What does Ella try to imagine in Chapter 19?
(a) Life without her curse.
(b) Being married to Char.
(c) Being married to an old man.
(d) Getting revenge on Hattie.
4. What does Ella run to her father to tell him?
(a) That her curse is lifted.
(b) That she ran away from school.
(c) That she wants him to remarry.
(d) That she has missed him.
5. What does Ella look for in order to locate the fairy guests?
(a) Sparkles in the air.
(b) Colorful hair.
(c) Tiny feet.
6. What is the new room Dame Olga moves Ella into lacking?
(a) A cieling
(b) A bed.
(c) A window.
(d) A fireplace.
7. What does Ella put on her face when she returns home from the third ball?
(b) Coffee grounds.
8. What does Char ask Ella in one of his letters?
(a) If she trusts her father.
(b) If she has ever travelled outside the kingdom.
(c) If she will marry him.
(d) If Dame Olga is mistreating her.
9. What does Ella wear to the royal ball?
(a) Hattie's gown.
(b) Dame Olga's gown.
(c) Her mothers' gown.
(d) Mandy's gown.
10. What is the name of the suitor in Chapter 19?
11. When Prince Char comes to visit in Chapter 23, where is Ella confined?
(a) To a cupboard.
(b) In the barn.
(c) To the cellar.
(d) To her room.
12. How does Ella punish her stepmother and sisters for their treatment of her?
(a) She banishes them from the kingdom.
(b) She has them killed.
(c) She publicly mocks them.
(d) She does not invite them to her wedding.
13. Who has Sir Peter decided to marry?
(b) Dame Olga.
(c) Ella's sewing mistress.
(d) His brother's widow.
14. What does the knight escorting Ella talk at length about?
(b) His horse.
(c) The weather.
(d) Prince Char.
15. What does Lucinda magically turn into a carriage to take Ella to the ball?
(a) A pumpkin.
(b) A cookie jar.
(c) A croquet ball.
(d) A loaf of bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ella cover up with a filthy piece of linen when she returns home from the third ball?
2. After eating the mushrooms, what does Ella feel?
3. Where does Mandy tell Ella to hide in Chapter 25?
4. Who tells Ella that the Prince is at her house in Chapter 29?
5. What does Sir Peter tell Ella on their way home from the wedding?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)