|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disgusts Ella when she is around her father and his fiancee?
(a) Her meanness toward him.
(b) His rudeness toward her.
(c) The sweet way they talk to each other.
(d) The way they abuse the servants.
2. After seeing what Lucinda is like, how does Ella feel?
3. Where does Ella hide when she is summoned before the Prince in Chapter 29?
(a) Behind Hattie.
(b) In the cupboard.
(c) Under the kitchen table.
(d) Behind a servant.
4. Which of the following is NOT something Ella is made to do for her stepfamily?
(a) Prepare baths for Olga.
(b) Tell Olive stories.
(c) Prepare Hattie for parties.
(d) Prepare and serve food.
5. What does Hattie do while Ella is dancing with the Prince at the third ball?
(a) Trips Ella.
(b) Laughs and points at Ella's dancing skills.
(c) Spills her drink on Ella.
(d) Snatches her mask away.
6. Who does Ella avoid when she reaches the giants' wedding?
(a) Dame Olga.
(d) Her father.
7. How does Ella react to being told she will be married off?
(a) She is terrified.
(b) She is indifferent.
(c) She is relieved.
(d) She is overjoyed.
8. Who helps Ella send Prince Char a letter?
(b) Sir Peter.
9. What does Sir Peter think of Olga after their marriage?
(a) She is annoying.
(b) She is clever.
(c) She is wonderful.
(d) She is crazy.
10. Whose writing does Ella mimic to write a letter to Prince Char?
(a) Dame Olga's.
(b) Her father's.
(c) The King's.
11. Where does Ella weep in Chapter 25?
(a) The fireplace.
(b) In her bed.
(c) Under a tree.
(d) In her father's arms.
12. What does Ella cover up with a filthy piece of linen when she returns home from the third ball?
(a) Her face.
(b) Her fairy feet.
(c) Her fairy book.
(d) Her hair.
13. After speaking to Lucinda, how is Ella's curse affected?
(a) She feel joy when she obeys orders.
(b) She dances whenever she's ordered to do something.
(c) Her curse is broken.
(d) Her mind switches off when she is given an order.
14. What does Sir Peter tell Ella not to mention until after the wedding?
(a) Their poverty.
(b) That this will be Sir Peter's third marriage.
(c) That Ella is cursed.
(d) That Sir Peter is dying.
15. What helps Ella get through her days of waiting on her stepsisters?
(a) Mandy's support.
(b) The though of her curse being revoked.
(c) Plotting her revenge.
(d) The little games she plays during the day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Peter admit to Dame Olga at the beginning of Chapter 22?
2. What does Ella do when Prince Char orders her to marry him?
3. What does Mandy order Ella to do after the mushrooms wear off?
4. Where does Prince Char leave to go in Chapter 23?
5. What does Lucinda notice about Ella at the wedding?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)