|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Prince Char think when he sees Ella through a window?
(a) That she is being confined.
(b) That she is avoiding him.
(c) That she is playing a trick on him.
(d) That no one told her he was visiting.
2. What does Mandy dare Lucinda to do?
(a) Take a trip away from Kyrria.
(b) Take back her magical gifts.
(c) Stop using magic.
(d) Try out the gifts she gives to people.
3. What does Sir Peter tell Ella on their way home from the wedding?
(a) He wants her to return to school.
(b) He blames himself for her mother's death.
(c) He has lost their entire fortune.
(d) He has become friendly with the King.
4. How does Ella punish her stepmother and sisters for their treatment of her?
(a) She has them killed.
(b) She publicly mocks them.
(c) She does not invite them to her wedding.
(d) She banishes them from the kingdom.
5. When Prince Char comes to visit in Chapter 23, where is Ella confined?
(a) To her room.
(b) To a cupboard.
(c) To the cellar.
(d) In the barn.
6. What does the knight escorting Ella talk at length about?
(a) His horse.
(b) Prince Char.
(c) The weather.
7. Why has Sir Peter decided against marrying Ella to her suitor?
(a) The suitor is not as rich as Sir Peter thought.
(b) He wants to try to marry Ella to a royal.
(c) The suitor showed more interest in Mandy.
(d) The suitor was too old.
8. What does Ella realize when her stepsisters order her to her room?
(a) She is happy being alone.
(b) She will never see Prince Char again.
(c) Her curse is broken.
(d) Her sister will marry Prince Char.
9. What disgusts Ella when she is around her father and his fiancee?
(a) Her meanness toward him.
(b) The way they abuse the servants.
(c) His rudeness toward her.
(d) The sweet way they talk to each other.
10. In total, how long does Lucinda agree to follow Mandy's dare for?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One year.
(c) Eight months.
(d) 6 months.
11. Why does Ella feel comfortable going to royal ball?
(a) She knows Prince Char will want to see her.
(b) She will wear a mask.
(c) She will be lost in the crowd.
(d) No one will recognize her in makeup.
12. Where does Ella hide upstairs during the wedding?
(a) Under a bed.
(b) On a balcony.
(c) In an empty room.
(d) In a cupboard.
13. When Lucinda reappears after following Mandy's dare, how does she look?
(b) Sad and droopy.
(c) Even more beautiful.
(d) Like she has aged by twenty years.
14. How is Lucinda described?
(a) As fantastically beautiful.
(b) As wearing a lot of makeup.
(c) As drowning in robes.
(d) As very petite.
15. What does Ella tell Lucinda she would like the power to do?
(a) Dance beautifully.
(b) Stop telling lies.
(c) Make people like her.
(d) Say 'no' to people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sir Peter plan to marry Ella off to?
2. What does Ella run to her father to tell him?
3. What does Ella look for in order to locate the fairy guests?
4. What does Char ask Ella in one of his letters?
5. Where does Dame Olga say Ella will stay in her home?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)