|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the knight who escorts Ella to the country of the giants?
(a) Sir Rodderick.
(b) Sir Simon.
(c) Sir Donald.
(d) Sir Stephan.
2. When Prince Char comes to visit in Chapter 23, where is Ella confined?
(a) To a cupboard.
(b) In the barn.
(c) To the cellar.
(d) To her room.
3. What does Ella realize could happen if she marries Prince Char?
(a) He might banish her father from the kingdon.
(b) His family might disown him.
(c) She could get revenge on her stepfamily.
(d) Someone could use her curse to harm Char.
4. What does Lucinda realize it is terrible to live as?
(a) A horse.
(b) A mortal.
(c) A servant.
(d) A squirrel.
5. Where does Ella weep in Chapter 25?
(a) In her father's arms.
(b) Under a tree.
(c) In her bed.
(d) The fireplace.
6. What is unique about the mushrooms Sir Peters wants Mandy to serve in Chapter 18?
(a) They taste like chocolate.
(b) They cause sleepiness.
(c) They are an expensive delicacy.
(d) They contain a love spell.
7. What does Prince Char confess to Ella at the third ball?
(a) That he doesn't want to be a prince.
(b) That he is dying.
(c) That he has decided not to marry.
(d) That he loves her.
8. What do Char and Ella search the castle for during the wedding?
(a) A secret passage.
(b) A wall mural.
(c) A throne.
(d) A dungeon.
9. Which guest(s) at her father's wedding does Ella try her best to avoid?
(a) Prince Char.
(b) The giant couple.
(d) Her crazy old uncle.
10. How many royal balls are to be held when Prince Char returns to Kyrria?
11. What does Sir Peter admit to Dame Olga at the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) That it is his fault Ella is cursed.
(b) That he must travel to another kingdom.
(c) That he is poor.
(d) That he has been married many times.
12. Where does Ella hide when she is summoned before the Prince in Chapter 29?
(a) Behind Hattie.
(b) In the cupboard.
(c) Behind a servant.
(d) Under the kitchen table.
13. How is Lucinda described?
(a) As fantastically beautiful.
(b) As very petite.
(c) As wearing a lot of makeup.
(d) As drowning in robes.
14. What does Ella tell Lucinda she would like the power to do?
(a) Stop telling lies.
(b) Make people like her.
(c) Dance beautifully.
(d) Say 'no' to people.
15. Who does Hattie insist Ella's name is to the Prince?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ella responsible for when her stepfamily throws parties?
2. What does Ella put on her face when she returns home from the third ball?
3. What gift does Lucinda bestow on the Sir Peter and his bride?
4. Why has Sir Peter decided against marrying Ella to her suitor?
5. How long does Prince Char intend to be away for in Chapter 23?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)