|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What evidence is there that Ella has fairy blood?
(a) Her little nose.
(b) Her pointed ears.
(c) Her miniscule wings.
(d) Her feet are tiny.
2. Why is Lucinda a unique fairy?
(a) She has no wings.
(b) She acts like a human.
(c) She doesn't conceal her identity.
(d) She practices dark magic.
3. What does Ella's mother slip into before dying?
(a) A hallucination.
(b) A bath of magical herbs.
(c) An imaginary fairyland.
(d) A magical hypnosis.
4. What does Ella's father note about her in Chapter 5?
(a) That she is too short.
(b) That she is clumsy.
(c) That she is dimwitted.
(d) That she is a fast learner.
5. Where does Ella's father want to send her with Olga's daughters?
(a) Finishing school.
(b) On a holiday.
(c) To a royal ball.
(d) To a health spa.
6. What is the first lesson the girls take at school?
(a) A sewing lesson.
(b) A table manners lesson.
(c) A housecleaning lesson.
(d) A posture lesson.
7. What does Ella discover about her book of fairy tales?
(a) It is magical.
(b) It is missing half of its pages.
(c) It belonged to her mother.
(d) It smells like vanilla.
8. Who do Ella's mother and Mandy think might be able to break Lucinda's magic?
(a) The queen of the fairies.
(b) Ella herself.
(c) Ella's fairy godmother.
(d) The King.
9. Why does Ella say she is friends with Areida?
(a) Areida has more class than Hattie.
(b) Areida is the nicest girl she's ever met.
(c) Areida helps Ella with her schoolwork.
(d) Areida is wealthy.
10. How does Ella speak to the group of ogres?
(a) In their own language.
(b) As loudly as she can.
(c) In a whisper.
(d) Using elvish words.
11. When Hattie is only able to tell the truth, which of the following is NOT a reason she gives for why she hates Ella?
(a) Ella doesn't admire Hattie.
(b) Ella is brave.
(c) Ella is pretty.
(d) Ella is smart.
12. What is the Prince's name?
13. What does Dame Olga notice Ella is lacking when the girls prepare to leave for school?
(a) School supplies.
(c) Proper shoes.
(d) Spending money.
14. What does Ella realize Hattie must wear?
(a) Shoes that are too small.
(b) Fake jewels.
(c) A girdle.
(d) A wig.
15. Where does Ella run away to when her father tells her to leave the funeral?
(a) To a willow tree.
(b) To a palm tree.
(c) To an oak tree.
(d) To a rhododendron tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Ella gives Hattie the fairy tale book to look at?
2. After hearing Ella's explanation for why she obeyed the ogre, what does Prince Char think?
3. What does Ella do when her playmate takes advantage of Ella's curse?
4. What are ogres known for?
5. What is Ella's father's name?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)