|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the coachmen inform the girls is pursuing their carriage?
(c) A dragon.
2. What evidence is there that Ella has fairy blood?
(a) Her little nose.
(b) Her pointed ears.
(c) Her feet are tiny.
(d) Her miniscule wings.
3. Where does Ella go in Chapter 6?
(a) The harbor.
(b) The secret hideaway.
(c) The King's menagerie.
(d) Her treehouse.
4. Which of the following is Ella NOT forced to do by Hattie?
(a) Rub Hattie's feet.
(b) Mend Hattie's clothes.
(c) Pick a bouquet.
(d) Sneak food from the kitchen.
5. What does Ella's father note about her in Chapter 5?
(a) That she is a fast learner.
(b) That she is dimwitted.
(c) That she is clumsy.
(d) That she is too short.
6. When Hattie is only able to tell the truth, what does she admit is her greatest desire?
(a) To get better grades that Olive.
(b) To have a true friend.
(c) To be queen.
(d) To travel to another country.
7. What does Hattie tell Ella to give her on their way to school?
(a) Ella's mother's necklace.
(b) Ella's jam bun.
(c) Ella's hairpin.
(d) Ella's cushion.
8. After the incident with Ella's playmate, what does Ella's mother order her to do?
(a) To never make friends.
(b) Stay close to home.
(c) Always be nice to people.
(d) To never tell anyone about her curse.
9. What is the first lesson the girls take at school?
(a) A posture lesson.
(b) A sewing lesson.
(c) A housecleaning lesson.
(d) A table manners lesson.
10. What happens when Ella speaks to the group of ogres?
(a) They are lulled to sleep.
(b) They laugh at her.
(c) They become angry.
(d) They are alarmed.
11. What color dress does Ella put on for the funeral dinner?
12. Who is Mandy?
(a) Ella's neighbor.
(b) Ella's family cook.
(c) Ella's sister.
(d) Ella's aunt.
13. When Hattie is only able to tell the truth, which of the following is NOT a reason she gives for why she hates Ella?
(a) Ella is pretty.
(b) Ella is smart.
(c) Ella doesn't admire Hattie.
(d) Ella is brave.
14. What does the grandmother gnome prophesize Ella will someday do?
(a) Earn her family a fortune.
(b) Save many people.
(c) Rule a vast kingdom.
(d) Endanger someone she loves.
15. What does Mandy say many people are frightened of in Chapter 4?
(b) Being alone.
(c) The King.
(d) Fairy magic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Prince's name?
2. Why is the grandmother gnome surprised when Ella and Char return the baby?
3. What item do the elves give Ella because she shows appreciation for it?
4. What does Ella discover about her book of fairy tales?
5. When does Ella find herself surrounded by ogres?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)