|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What evidence is there that Ella has fairy blood?
(a) Her feet are tiny.
(b) Her miniscule wings.
(c) Her pointed ears.
(d) Her little nose.
2. Who does Ella's mother refuse to tell her about in Chapter 2?
(a) Ella's father.
(b) Ella's grandmother.
(c) Ella's fairy godmother.
(d) The Prince.
3. What do the elves provide Ella with for her journey?
(b) Fire rocks.
4. If Ella tries to resist orders given to her, what happens?
(a) She falls asleep.
(b) She feels sick.
(c) She turns purple.
(d) She begins acting strangely.
5. What color dress does Ella put on for the funeral dinner?
6. For what reason does Ella's father send for her in Chapter 5?
(a) To get to know Ella.
(b) So Ella can meet his family.
(c) He plans to arrange her marriage.
(d) To get Ella away from the ogre danger.
7. What nice thing does the Prince say about Ella's mother?
(a) That she was kind.
(b) That she was very beautiful.
(c) That she always made him laugh.
(d) That she was very generous.
8. What does Ella find out Hattie is afraid of?
9. What are ogres known for?
(a) Their weakness for chocolate.
(b) Their stupidity.
(c) Their persuasiveness.
(d) Their violence.
10. What does Hattie tell Ella to give her on their way to school?
(a) Ella's jam bun.
(b) Ella's cushion.
(c) Ella's hairpin.
(d) Ella's mother's necklace.
11. What kind of creature is Apple?
(a) A griffin.
(b) A centaur.
(c) A leprechaun.
(d) A dragon.
12. What does the grandmother gnome prophesize Ella will someday do?
(a) Endanger someone she loves.
(b) Save many people.
(c) Earn her family a fortune.
(d) Rule a vast kingdom.
13. When Ella notices the ogres, what are the ogres discussing?
(a) That there a knights in the area.
(b) How to best roast a human.
(c) That Ella is carrying elvish items.
(d) Dividing up Ella's body parts to eat.
14. What does Ella's mother slip into before dying?
(a) A magical hypnosis.
(b) An imaginary fairyland.
(c) A hallucination.
(d) A bath of magical herbs.
15. After the incident with Ella's playmate, what does Ella's mother order her to do?
(a) Stay close to home.
(b) Always be nice to people.
(c) To never make friends.
(d) To never tell anyone about her curse.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hattie is only able to tell the truth, what does Ella ask her?
2. Who does Sir Peter hope will be in attendance at the event his is going to in Chapter 12?
3. Which of the following is Ella NOT forced to do by Hattie?
4. What do the knights use to protect themselves from the ogres?
5. Where does Ella run away to when her father tells her to leave the funeral?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)