|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of Dame Olga's daughters?
(a) Heddie and Olga.
(b) Millie and Irma.
(c) Hattie and Olive.
(d) Saffy and Helga.
2. What happens when Ella speaks to the group of ogres?
(a) They become angry.
(b) They laugh at her.
(c) They are lulled to sleep.
(d) They are alarmed.
3. What does the ogre do when it takes a look at Ella?
4. Where does Ella's father want to send her with Olga's daughters?
(a) To a royal ball.
(b) To a health spa.
(c) Finishing school.
(d) On a holiday.
5. What does Ella admit to Prince Char in Chapter 15?
(a) That she is lost.
(b) That she is cursed.
(c) That she has run away from school.
(d) That her father is a crooked businessman.
6. What does Mandy clean up from the floor in Chapter 4?
(a) A bowl.
(b) A pie.
(c) A broken egg.
(d) A puddle of mud.
7. What stops Ella from getting any closer to the ogre in Chapter 7?
(a) A bird attacks the ogre.
(b) A safety gate stops her.
(c) She trips and falls.
(d) Prince Char orders her to stop.
8. What about Ella annoys her teachers?
(a) Her constant chattering.
(b) Her need to please.
(c) Her rebellious attitude.
(d) Her numerous questions.
9. If Ella tries to resist orders given to her, what happens?
(a) She turns purple.
(b) She falls asleep.
(c) She begins acting strangely.
(d) She feels sick.
10. What does Mandy say many people are frightened of in Chapter 4?
(b) Fairy magic.
(c) The King.
(d) Being alone.
11. What does Ella give Hattie which forces Hattie to tell the truth.
(a) A magical flower.
(b) A magic mirror.
(c) An enchanted perfume.
(d) A potion mixed with juice.
12. How many girls does Ella share her room with in Chapter 10?
13. What does Char rescue from getting too close to the ogre?
(a) A chipmunk.
(b) A baby gnome.
(c) A little bird.
(d) A puppy.
14. What does one page in Ella's fairy tale book tell her?
(a) A prediction of tomorrow's weather.
(b) Herbal tea recipes.
(c) The current activities of certain people.
(d) Her family history.
15. What does Char provide for Ella for the rest of her journey to the country of the giants?
(a) An escort.
(b) A book to read.
(c) A carriage.
(d) A weapon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the girls and coachmen get away from their pursuers?
2. What color dress does Ella put on for the funeral dinner?
3. What does Ella find out Hattie is afraid of?
4. What do the knights use to protect themselves from the ogres?
5. What is the first lesson the girls take at school?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)