|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does Ella discover her father will be attending?
(a) A birthday party.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A ship's unveiling.
(d) A festival.
2. What does Hattie tell Ella to give her on their way to school?
(a) Ella's hairpin.
(b) Ella's mother's necklace.
(c) Ella's cushion.
(d) Ella's jam bun.
3. Who is Mandy?
(a) Ella's neighbor.
(b) Ella's family cook.
(c) Ella's aunt.
(d) Ella's sister.
4. What do the knights do to stop the ogres from attacking?
(a) Put a spell on them.
(b) Blind them.
(c) Tie them up.
(d) Kill them.
5. What does Ella's text book display in Chapter 12?
(a) A map.
(b) A spell for a truth serum.
(c) A message from Mandy.
(d) Letters between various people.
6. What does Char rescue from getting too close to the ogre?
(a) A baby gnome.
(b) A little bird.
(c) A chipmunk.
(d) A puppy.
7. Why does Ella say she is friends with Areida?
(a) Areida has more class than Hattie.
(b) Areida is wealthy.
(c) Areida is the nicest girl she's ever met.
(d) Areida helps Ella with her schoolwork.
8. What does Areida sneak for Ella from dinner?
(a) A tart.
(b) A roll.
(c) A pork chop.
(d) A carrot.
9. What stops Ella from getting any closer to the ogre in Chapter 7?
(a) A safety gate stops her.
(b) She trips and falls.
(c) A bird attacks the ogre.
(d) Prince Char orders her to stop.
10. Who is Lucinda?
(a) A witch.
(b) A fairy.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A pixie.
11. What happens when Ella gives Hattie the fairy tale book to look at?
(a) It turns into a dull textbook.
(b) Hattie takes great interest in its contents.
(c) Hattie throws it out of the carriage.
(d) The book's metal closure will not open.
12. What does the ogre tell Ella to do?
(a) Stop staring at him.
(b) Attack Prince Char.
(c) Give him food.
(d) Come towards him.
13. When Ella notices the ogres, what are the ogres discussing?
(a) Dividing up Ella's body parts to eat.
(b) That Ella is carrying elvish items.
(c) That there a knights in the area.
(d) How to best roast a human.
14. What does Mandy reveal to Ella in Chapter 4?
(a) That Ella's father has been knighted.
(b) That she knows how to break Ella's curse.
(c) That she is her fairy god mother.
(d) That ogres have been seen in the area.
15. How do the girls and coachmen get away from their pursuers?
(a) They throw rocks.
(b) They scream and make noise.
(c) Some knights appear to defend them.
(d) A magical spell makes them invisible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one reason Areida is unpopular?
2. What does the grandmother gnome prophesize Ella will someday do?
3. What gift does Lucinda give Ella on the day she is born?
4. What makes Ella happy on her journey to the country of the giants?
5. How many girls does Ella share her room with in Chapter 10?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)