|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ella do when her playmate takes advantage of Ella's curse?
(a) Ella cries for hours.
(b) Ella traps her playmate in a closet.
(c) Ella punches her.
(d) Ella runs away.
2. What does Areida's father do?
(a) He is an innkeeper.
(b) He is a knight.
(c) He is a scholar.
(d) He is a trader.
3. What does Ella's text book display in Chapter 12?
(a) A map.
(b) Letters between various people.
(c) A spell for a truth serum.
(d) A message from Mandy.
4. What is one reason Areida is unpopular?
(a) She is very smart.
(b) She is younger than the others.
(c) She is foreign.
(d) She is not pretty.
5. What do the elves provide Ella with for her journey?
(a) Fire rocks.
6. What does Mandy give to Ella at night when she is crying in bed?
(a) A cup of hot cocoa.
(b) A music box.
(c) A book of fairy tales.
(d) Ella's mother's quilt.
7. What happens when Ella gives Hattie the fairy tale book to look at?
(a) It turns into a dull textbook.
(b) Hattie takes great interest in its contents.
(c) The book's metal closure will not open.
(d) Hattie throws it out of the carriage.
8. Where does Ella go in Chapter 6?
(a) The harbor.
(b) The King's menagerie.
(c) The secret hideaway.
(d) Her treehouse.
9. What does Areida sneak for Ella from dinner?
(a) A roll.
(b) A carrot.
(c) A tart.
(d) A pork chop.
10. What does Ella realize Hattie must wear?
(a) A girdle.
(b) Fake jewels.
(c) A wig.
(d) Shoes that are too small.
11. When Ella notices the ogres, what are the ogres discussing?
(a) How to best roast a human.
(b) That there a knights in the area.
(c) That Ella is carrying elvish items.
(d) Dividing up Ella's body parts to eat.
12. What does Ella discover about her book of fairy tales?
(a) It is magical.
(b) It smells like vanilla.
(c) It is missing half of its pages.
(d) It belonged to her mother.
13. What is the first lesson the girls take at school?
(a) A sewing lesson.
(b) A table manners lesson.
(c) A housecleaning lesson.
(d) A posture lesson.
14. Why does Ella's father tell her to leave her mother's funeral?
(a) Lucinda is expected to appear.
(b) So she can change into a dress for mourning.
(c) Children are not allowed at funerals.
(d) She is making too much noise crying.
15. Who does Sir Peter hope will be in attendance at the event his is going to in Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Ella happy on her journey to the country of the giants?
2. Where does Ella's father want to send her with Olga's daughters?
3. How does Ella speak to the group of ogres?
4. What nice thing does the Prince say about Ella's mother?
5. What does Hattie tell Ella to give her on their way to school?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)