|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ella's father note about her in Chapter 5?
(a) That she is a fast learner.
(b) That she is dimwitted.
(c) That she is clumsy.
(d) That she is too short.
2. For what reason does Ella's father send for her in Chapter 5?
(a) To get to know Ella.
(b) To get Ella away from the ogre danger.
(c) He plans to arrange her marriage.
(d) So Ella can meet his family.
3. What nice thing does the Prince say about Ella's mother?
(a) That she was very beautiful.
(b) That she was very generous.
(c) That she always made him laugh.
(d) That she was kind.
4. When Ella tells a playmate about her curse, what does her playmate make Ella to?
(a) Lose races.
(b) Leave her house.
(c) Steal candy.
(d) Fight with other girls.
5. What gift does Lucinda give Ella on the day she is born?
(c) Eternal youth.
6. Who does Ella's mother refuse to tell her about in Chapter 2?
(a) Ella's fairy godmother.
(b) The Prince.
(c) Ella's father.
(d) Ella's grandmother.
7. Who does Sir Peter hope will be in attendance at the event his is going to in Chapter 12?
8. What does the grandmother gnome prophesize Ella will someday do?
(a) Save many people.
(b) Rule a vast kingdom.
(c) Endanger someone she loves.
(d) Earn her family a fortune.
9. What is the first lesson the girls take at school?
(a) A sewing lesson.
(b) A housecleaning lesson.
(c) A table manners lesson.
(d) A posture lesson.
10. What does Char provide for Ella for the rest of her journey to the country of the giants?
(a) A carriage.
(b) An escort.
(c) A book to read.
(d) A weapon.
11. What does Dame Olga notice Ella is lacking when the girls prepare to leave for school?
(b) School supplies.
(c) Proper shoes.
(d) Spending money.
12. What makes Ella happy on her journey to the country of the giants?
(a) Talking to travellers along the way.
(b) The beautiful weather.
(c) The thought of seeing her father.
(d) The freedom to do whatever she wants.
13. What do the elves provide Ella with for her journey?
(d) Fire rocks.
14. In Chapter 6, what does Ella impress the Prince with her skill for?
(b) Identifying plants and herbs.
(c) Picking up magical languages.
(d) Horseback riding.
15. When Hattie is only able to tell the truth, which of the following is NOT a reason she gives for why she hates Ella?
(a) Ella is brave.
(b) Ella doesn't admire Hattie.
(c) Ella is smart.
(d) Ella is pretty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ella make Prince Char laugh about in Chapter 15?
2. What does Hattie tell Ella to give her on their way to school?
3. What does Ella decide to do at the end of Chapter 12?
4. What do the coachmen inform the girls is pursuing their carriage?
5. Why does Ella say she is friends with Areida?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)