|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ella explain why she obeyed the ogre?
(a) She wanted to see if Char would stop her.
(b) She was teasing the ogre.
(c) She is cursed to obey all orders.
(d) She saw something irresistible in its eyes.
2. When does Ella find herself surrounded by ogres?
(a) Just after leaving the elves.
(b) Around midnight.
(c) Two hours into her journey.
(d) When she wakes in the morning.
3. Why is the grandmother gnome surprised when Ella and Char return the baby?
(a) Humans have a hard time finding gnome homes.
(b) Ella was able to get the baby to follow her.
(c) Humans usually don't show gnomes kindness.
(d) She didn't know the baby was gone.
4. What does Ella discover about her book of fairy tales?
(a) It is magical.
(b) It smells like vanilla.
(c) It belonged to her mother.
(d) It is missing half of its pages.
5. What are the names of Dame Olga's daughters?
(a) Hattie and Olive.
(b) Millie and Irma.
(c) Saffy and Helga.
(d) Heddie and Olga.
6. How does Ella speak to the group of ogres?
(a) In their own language.
(b) As loudly as she can.
(c) Using elvish words.
(d) In a whisper.
7. What does Char provide for Ella for the rest of her journey to the country of the giants?
(a) A book to read.
(b) A carriage.
(c) An escort.
(d) A weapon.
8. What do the knights use to protect themselves from the ogres?
(a) Metal shields.
(b) Wax ear plugs.
(c) Leather armor.
(d) Magical bows and arrows.
9. What does Ella find out Hattie is afraid of?
10. What does Prince Char ask Ella before she leaves for the country of the giants?
(a) If her father plans to marry her off.
(b) When she will return to the area.
(c) If she would like to exchange letters.
(d) When she will return to school.
11. What does Ella's father note about her in Chapter 5?
(a) That she is a fast learner.
(b) That she is clumsy.
(c) That she is dimwitted.
(d) That she is too short.
12. When Ella tells a playmate about her curse, what does her playmate make Ella to?
(a) Leave her house.
(b) Steal candy.
(c) Lose races.
(d) Fight with other girls.
13. What does Hattie not allow Ella to do for three days?
(a) Sit down.
(b) Reclaim her fairy tale book.
14. In Chapter 6, what does Ella impress the Prince with her skill for?
(a) Identifying plants and herbs.
(b) Horseback riding.
(c) Picking up magical languages.
15. What is the name of the girl Ella befriends in her first lesson?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ella's father react when Ella says she dislikes Olga's daughters?
2. What does the grandmother gnome prophesize Ella will someday do?
3. What stops Ella from getting any closer to the ogre in Chapter 7?
4. What does Dame Olga notice Ella is lacking when the girls prepare to leave for school?
5. What does Hattie tell Ella to give her on their way to school?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)