|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the girl Ella befriends in her first lesson?
2. Who do Ella's mother and Mandy think might be able to break Lucinda's magic?
(a) Ella's fairy godmother.
(b) The King.
(c) The queen of the fairies.
(d) Ella herself.
3. Who do the elves remember an earlier visit from?
(a) Sir Peter.
(b) Prince Char.
(d) Dame Olga.
4. How many girls does Ella share her room with in Chapter 10?
5. When Hattie is only able to tell the truth, what does she admit is her greatest desire?
(a) To get better grades that Olive.
(b) To be queen.
(c) To travel to another country.
(d) To have a true friend.
6. What does Char rescue from getting too close to the ogre?
(a) A baby gnome.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A little bird.
(d) A chipmunk.
7. What does Prince Char ask Ella before she leaves for the country of the giants?
(a) If her father plans to marry her off.
(b) If she would like to exchange letters.
(c) When she will return to the area.
(d) When she will return to school.
8. Why does Ella's father tell her to leave her mother's funeral?
(a) Children are not allowed at funerals.
(b) She is making too much noise crying.
(c) Lucinda is expected to appear.
(d) So she can change into a dress for mourning.
9. How does Ella's father react when Ella says she dislikes Olga's daughters?
(a) He grunts.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is shocked.
(d) He laughs.
10. Why does Ella say she is friends with Areida?
(a) Areida has more class than Hattie.
(b) Areida helps Ella with her schoolwork.
(c) Areida is the nicest girl she's ever met.
(d) Areida is wealthy.
11. Which of the following is Ella NOT forced to do by Hattie?
(a) Mend Hattie's clothes.
(b) Pick a bouquet.
(c) Rub Hattie's feet.
(d) Sneak food from the kitchen.
12. What does Mandy say many people are frightened of in Chapter 4?
(b) Fairy magic.
(c) Being alone.
(d) The King.
13. What do the coachmen inform the girls is pursuing their carriage?
(a) A dragon.
14. Where does Ella run away to when her father tells her to leave the funeral?
(a) To a willow tree.
(b) To a rhododendron tree.
(c) To an oak tree.
(d) To a palm tree.
15. What does Hattie tell Ella to give her on their way to school?
(a) Ella's mother's necklace.
(b) Ella's cushion.
(c) Ella's jam bun.
(d) Ella's hairpin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event does Ella discover her father will be attending?
2. What does the ogre do when it takes a look at Ella?
3. What does Mandy give to Ella at night when she is crying in bed?
4. What are ogres known for?
5. What is one reason Areida is unpopular?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)