|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ella tells a playmate about her curse, what does her playmate make Ella to?
(a) Steal candy.
(b) Fight with other girls.
(c) Leave her house.
(d) Lose races.
2. What do the coachmen inform the girls is pursuing their carriage?
(a) A dragon.
3. When Hattie is only able to tell the truth, which of the following is NOT a reason she gives for why she hates Ella?
(a) Ella is pretty.
(b) Ella doesn't admire Hattie.
(c) Ella is smart.
(d) Ella is brave.
4. What does Olga receive as a "gift" from Ella on their way to school?
(a) A bookmark.
(b) A coin.
(c) A ribbon.
(d) A locket.
5. What does Ella make Prince Char laugh about in Chapter 15?
(a) Her description of her sewing class.
(b) Her concern for the ogres.
(c) Her stories of being proper.
(d) Her rant about Hattie.
6. What kind of creature is Apple?
(a) A leprechaun.
(b) A centaur.
(c) A dragon.
(d) A griffin.
7. What are ogres known for?
(a) Their stupidity.
(b) Their persuasiveness.
(c) Their weakness for chocolate.
(d) Their violence.
8. After the incident with Ella's playmate, what does Ella's mother order her to do?
(a) Always be nice to people.
(b) Stay close to home.
(c) To never make friends.
(d) To never tell anyone about her curse.
9. How does Ella explain why she obeyed the ogre?
(a) She saw something irresistible in its eyes.
(b) She was teasing the ogre.
(c) She wanted to see if Char would stop her.
(d) She is cursed to obey all orders.
10. What does Mandy reveal to Ella in Chapter 4?
(a) That ogres have been seen in the area.
(b) That Ella's father has been knighted.
(c) That she knows how to break Ella's curse.
(d) That she is her fairy god mother.
11. What area does Ella reach after traveling for several days?
(a) The canyon of elves.
(b) Elvish country.
(c) The forest of the elves.
(d) Elf Valley.
12. Why is Lucinda a unique fairy?
(a) She doesn't conceal her identity.
(b) She has no wings.
(c) She practices dark magic.
(d) She acts like a human.
13. For what reason does Ella's father send for her in Chapter 5?
(a) So Ella can meet his family.
(b) He plans to arrange her marriage.
(c) To get to know Ella.
(d) To get Ella away from the ogre danger.
14. Why is the grandmother gnome surprised when Ella and Char return the baby?
(a) Humans have a hard time finding gnome homes.
(b) She didn't know the baby was gone.
(c) Ella was able to get the baby to follow her.
(d) Humans usually don't show gnomes kindness.
15. What is the name of the girl Ella befriends in her first lesson?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hattie tell Ella to give her on their way to school?
2. What does Ella trade Hattie's wig for?
3. When Ella notices the ogres, what are the ogres discussing?
4. Who does Sir Peter hope will be in attendance at the event his is going to in Chapter 12?
5. What does Ella's father note about her in Chapter 5?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)