|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dame Olga notice Ella is lacking when the girls prepare to leave for school?
(b) Spending money.
(c) Proper shoes.
(d) School supplies.
2. What evidence is there that Ella has fairy blood?
(a) Her feet are tiny.
(b) Her miniscule wings.
(c) Her little nose.
(d) Her pointed ears.
3. When Ella notices the ogres, what are the ogres discussing?
(a) How to best roast a human.
(b) That Ella is carrying elvish items.
(c) That there a knights in the area.
(d) Dividing up Ella's body parts to eat.
4. What does Prince Char ask Ella before she leaves for the country of the giants?
(a) When she will return to school.
(b) When she will return to the area.
(c) If she would like to exchange letters.
(d) If her father plans to marry her off.
5. What does Ella discover about her book of fairy tales?
(a) It is magical.
(b) It smells like vanilla.
(c) It is missing half of its pages.
(d) It belonged to her mother.
6. What happens when Ella gives Hattie the fairy tale book to look at?
(a) It turns into a dull textbook.
(b) Hattie takes great interest in its contents.
(c) Hattie throws it out of the carriage.
(d) The book's metal closure will not open.
7. What does Areida sneak for Ella from dinner?
(a) A tart.
(b) A pork chop.
(c) A roll.
(d) A carrot.
8. What do the coachmen inform the girls is pursuing their carriage?
(d) A dragon.
9. What does Ella do when her playmate takes advantage of Ella's curse?
(a) Ella cries for hours.
(b) Ella runs away.
(c) Ella traps her playmate in a closet.
(d) Ella punches her.
10. What is Ella's mother's name?
(a) Lady Lorraine.
(b) Lady Celeste.
(c) Lady Eleanor.
(d) Lady Melinda.
11. What did Ella do to win the baby gnome's trust?
(a) She showed him her tiny fairy feet.
(b) She gave the baby a biscuit.
(c) She sang him a song.
(d) She said a gnomic greeting.
12. What does Mandy reveal to Ella in Chapter 4?
(a) That ogres have been seen in the area.
(b) That she knows how to break Ella's curse.
(c) That Ella's father has been knighted.
(d) That she is her fairy god mother.
13. When does Ella find herself surrounded by ogres?
(a) When she wakes in the morning.
(b) Two hours into her journey.
(c) Just after leaving the elves.
(d) Around midnight.
14. What does Ella decide to do at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) Run away from school.
(b) Write a letter to Mandy.
(c) Set a trap for Hattie.
(d) Tell Areida about her curse.
15. What area does Ella reach after traveling for several days?
(a) The canyon of elves.
(b) Elf Valley.
(c) Elvish country.
(d) The forest of the elves.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ella impress the elves in Chapter 13?
2. What does Ella make Prince Char laugh about in Chapter 15?
3. After the incident with Ella's playmate, what does Ella's mother order her to do?
4. Who is Mandy?
5. How many girls does Ella share her room with in Chapter 10?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)