|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the knights use to protect themselves from the ogres?
(a) Metal shields.
(b) Wax ear plugs.
(c) Leather armor.
(d) Magical bows and arrows.
2. What item do the elves give Ella because she shows appreciation for it?
(a) A cloak.
(b) A painting.
(c) A sculpture.
(d) A sword.
3. What event does Ella discover her father will be attending?
(a) A festival.
(b) A ship's unveiling.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A birthday party.
4. What area does Ella reach after traveling for several days?
(a) The canyon of elves.
(b) The forest of the elves.
(c) Elvish country.
(d) Elf Valley.
5. What does Dame Olga notice Ella is lacking when the girls prepare to leave for school?
(a) School supplies.
(c) Proper shoes.
(d) Spending money.
6. What does Ella's father note about her in Chapter 5?
(a) That she is clumsy.
(b) That she is dimwitted.
(c) That she is too short.
(d) That she is a fast learner.
7. For what reason does Ella's father send for her in Chapter 5?
(a) He plans to arrange her marriage.
(b) So Ella can meet his family.
(c) To get to know Ella.
(d) To get Ella away from the ogre danger.
8. How does Ella explain why she obeyed the ogre?
(a) She wanted to see if Char would stop her.
(b) She saw something irresistible in its eyes.
(c) She was teasing the ogre.
(d) She is cursed to obey all orders.
9. What are the names of Dame Olga's daughters?
(a) Saffy and Helga.
(b) Millie and Irma.
(c) Heddie and Olga.
(d) Hattie and Olive.
10. What does Mandy reveal to Ella in Chapter 4?
(a) That Ella's father has been knighted.
(b) That she knows how to break Ella's curse.
(c) That she is her fairy god mother.
(d) That ogres have been seen in the area.
11. What stops Ella from getting any closer to the ogre in Chapter 7?
(a) Prince Char orders her to stop.
(b) She trips and falls.
(c) A safety gate stops her.
(d) A bird attacks the ogre.
12. Who do the elves remember an earlier visit from?
(a) Sir Peter.
(b) Prince Char.
(d) Dame Olga.
13. What does Ella discover about her book of fairy tales?
(a) It is missing half of its pages.
(b) It belonged to her mother.
(c) It smells like vanilla.
(d) It is magical.
14. What does Ella find out Hattie is afraid of?
15. Why does Ella's father tell her to leave her mother's funeral?
(a) She is making too much noise crying.
(b) Lucinda is expected to appear.
(c) So she can change into a dress for mourning.
(d) Children are not allowed at funerals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Ella gives Hattie the fairy tale book to look at?
2. What does Ella do when her playmate takes advantage of Ella's curse?
3. How do the girls and coachmen get away from their pursuers?
4. What did Ella do to win the baby gnome's trust?
5. What does Ella decide to do at the end of Chapter 12?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)