|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ella tells a playmate about her curse, what does her playmate make Ella to?
(a) Fight with other girls.
(b) Lose races.
(c) Steal candy.
(d) Leave her house.
2. What do the coachmen inform the girls is pursuing their carriage?
(d) A dragon.
3. What happens when Ella speaks to the group of ogres?
(a) They are alarmed.
(b) They are lulled to sleep.
(c) They laugh at her.
(d) They become angry.
4. What does one page in Ella's fairy tale book tell her?
(a) A prediction of tomorrow's weather.
(b) Herbal tea recipes.
(c) The current activities of certain people.
(d) Her family history.
5. How does Ella explain why she obeyed the ogre?
(a) She was teasing the ogre.
(b) She saw something irresistible in its eyes.
(c) She is cursed to obey all orders.
(d) She wanted to see if Char would stop her.
6. What does Ella give Hattie which forces Hattie to tell the truth.
(a) An enchanted perfume.
(b) A potion mixed with juice.
(c) A magical flower.
(d) A magic mirror.
7. If Ella tries to resist orders given to her, what happens?
(a) She feels sick.
(b) She begins acting strangely.
(c) She turns purple.
(d) She falls asleep.
8. What is the name of the girl Ella befriends in her first lesson?
9. What does the grandmother gnome prophesize Ella will someday do?
(a) Earn her family a fortune.
(b) Rule a vast kingdom.
(c) Save many people.
(d) Endanger someone she loves.
10. After hearing Ella's explanation for why she obeyed the ogre, what does Prince Char think?
(a) That he will have to protect Ella.
(b) The ogres have found a new way to control people.
(c) That he should help Ella break her curse.
(d) That Ella must be crazy.
11. Who is Lucinda?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A pixie.
(c) A witch.
(d) A fairy.
12. What is the Prince's name?
13. How does Ella speak to the group of ogres?
(a) As loudly as she can.
(b) In their own language.
(c) In a whisper.
(d) Using elvish words.
14. What stops Ella from getting any closer to the ogre in Chapter 7?
(a) A safety gate stops her.
(b) A bird attacks the ogre.
(c) She trips and falls.
(d) Prince Char orders her to stop.
15. What evidence is there that Ella has fairy blood?
(a) Her little nose.
(b) Her miniscule wings.
(c) Her feet are tiny.
(d) Her pointed ears.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many girls does Ella share her room with in Chapter 10?
2. What does the grandmother gnome warn Ella about?
3. What does Char rescue from getting too close to the ogre?
4. What do the knights do to stop the ogres from attacking?
5. What does Ella find out Hattie is afraid of?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)