|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ella give Hattie which forces Hattie to tell the truth.
(a) An enchanted perfume.
(b) A magical flower.
(c) A magic mirror.
(d) A potion mixed with juice.
2. Who is Lucinda?
(a) A pixie.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A fairy.
(d) A witch.
3. How does Ella explain why she obeyed the ogre?
(a) She saw something irresistible in its eyes.
(b) She is cursed to obey all orders.
(c) She was teasing the ogre.
(d) She wanted to see if Char would stop her.
4. What does the grandmother gnome warn Ella about?
(a) Three people who cannot be trusted.
(b) That life at school may be difficult.
(c) That the fairy Lucinda is insane.
(d) A nearby ogre den.
5. What is the Prince's name?
6. What does the ogre tell Ella to do?
(a) Come towards him.
(b) Stop staring at him.
(c) Give him food.
(d) Attack Prince Char.
7. How does Ella speak to the group of ogres?
(a) In a whisper.
(b) As loudly as she can.
(c) In their own language.
(d) Using elvish words.
8. What is the first lesson the girls take at school?
(a) A table manners lesson.
(b) A posture lesson.
(c) A housecleaning lesson.
(d) A sewing lesson.
9. What is one reason Areida is unpopular?
(a) She is not pretty.
(b) She is younger than the others.
(c) She is foreign.
(d) She is very smart.
10. Why does Ella's father tell her to leave her mother's funeral?
(a) So she can change into a dress for mourning.
(b) Children are not allowed at funerals.
(c) She is making too much noise crying.
(d) Lucinda is expected to appear.
11. Who does Sir Peter hope will be in attendance at the event his is going to in Chapter 12?
12. What does Hattie tell Ella to give her on their way to school?
(a) Ella's cushion.
(b) Ella's hairpin.
(c) Ella's mother's necklace.
(d) Ella's jam bun.
13. What does Ella think of Dame Olga and her daughters?
(a) They are sweet.
(b) They are dishonest.
(c) They are generous.
(d) They are rude.
14. What do the knights do to stop the ogres from attacking?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Blind them.
(c) Put a spell on them.
(d) Tie them up.
15. What does one page in Ella's fairy tale book tell her?
(a) Herbal tea recipes.
(b) Her family history.
(c) The current activities of certain people.
(d) A prediction of tomorrow's weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the grandmother gnome surprised when Ella and Char return the baby?
2. For what reason does Ella's father send for her in Chapter 5?
3. What about Ella annoys her teachers?
4. What does Dame Olga notice Ella is lacking when the girls prepare to leave for school?
5. What did Ella do to win the baby gnome's trust?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)