|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Ella speaks to the group of ogres?
(a) They become angry.
(b) They laugh at her.
(c) They are lulled to sleep.
(d) They are alarmed.
2. What does Ella do when her playmate takes advantage of Ella's curse?
(a) Ella traps her playmate in a closet.
(b) Ella runs away.
(c) Ella cries for hours.
(d) Ella punches her.
3. How do the girls and coachmen get away from their pursuers?
(a) They throw rocks.
(b) They scream and make noise.
(c) A magical spell makes them invisible.
(d) Some knights appear to defend them.
4. What is the Prince's name?
5. What animal do the elves give Ella to take on her journey?
(a) A pony.
(b) A horse.
(c) A dog.
(d) A goat.
6. After hearing Ella's explanation for why she obeyed the ogre, what does Prince Char think?
(a) That he will have to protect Ella.
(b) The ogres have found a new way to control people.
(c) That Ella must be crazy.
(d) That he should help Ella break her curse.
7. What does Ella admit to Prince Char in Chapter 15?
(a) That she has run away from school.
(b) That her father is a crooked businessman.
(c) That she is lost.
(d) That she is cursed.
8. Who or what helps Ella to quickly catch up in all of her lessons?
(a) A private tutor.
(c) Her curse.
(d) The time she spends in detention.
9. When does Ella find herself surrounded by ogres?
(a) Around midnight.
(b) Just after leaving the elves.
(c) Two hours into her journey.
(d) When she wakes in the morning.
10. What stops Ella from getting any closer to the ogre in Chapter 7?
(a) A safety gate stops her.
(b) A bird attacks the ogre.
(c) Prince Char orders her to stop.
(d) She trips and falls.
11. Why does Ella's father tell her to leave her mother's funeral?
(a) She is making too much noise crying.
(b) So she can change into a dress for mourning.
(c) Lucinda is expected to appear.
(d) Children are not allowed at funerals.
12. If Ella tries to resist orders given to her, what happens?
(a) She falls asleep.
(b) She turns purple.
(c) She feels sick.
(d) She begins acting strangely.
13. What evidence is there that Ella has fairy blood?
(a) Her feet are tiny.
(b) Her little nose.
(c) Her miniscule wings.
(d) Her pointed ears.
14. What does Areida sneak for Ella from dinner?
(a) A pork chop.
(b) A carrot.
(c) A roll.
(d) A tart.
15. What makes Ella happy on her journey to the country of the giants?
(a) The thought of seeing her father.
(b) The freedom to do whatever she wants.
(c) The beautiful weather.
(d) Talking to travellers along the way.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ella explain why she obeyed the ogre?
2. When Hattie is only able to tell the truth, which of the following is NOT a reason she gives for why she hates Ella?
3. What does the ogre do when it takes a look at Ella?
4. What does Char rescue from getting too close to the ogre?
5. What does Ella think of Dame Olga and her daughters?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)