|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After hearing Ella's explanation for why she obeyed the ogre, what does Prince Char think?
(a) That Ella must be crazy.
(b) That he should help Ella break her curse.
(c) That he will have to protect Ella.
(d) The ogres have found a new way to control people.
2. What happens when Ella speaks to the group of ogres?
(a) They become angry.
(b) They are alarmed.
(c) They are lulled to sleep.
(d) They laugh at her.
3. Who or what helps Ella to quickly catch up in all of her lessons?
(b) A private tutor.
(c) The time she spends in detention.
(d) Her curse.
4. If Ella tries to resist orders given to her, what happens?
(a) She turns purple.
(b) She falls asleep.
(c) She begins acting strangely.
(d) She feels sick.
5. What does Areida sneak for Ella from dinner?
(a) A pork chop.
(b) A carrot.
(c) A tart.
(d) A roll.
6. What does Ella's text book display in Chapter 12?
(a) Letters between various people.
(b) A message from Mandy.
(c) A map.
(d) A spell for a truth serum.
7. What does Mandy say many people are frightened of in Chapter 4?
(b) The King.
(c) Being alone.
(d) Fairy magic.
8. What does Mandy clean up from the floor in Chapter 4?
(a) A bowl.
(b) A broken egg.
(c) A pie.
(d) A puddle of mud.
9. In Chapter 6, what does Ella impress the Prince with her skill for?
(b) Identifying plants and herbs.
(c) Picking up magical languages.
(d) Horseback riding.
10. When does Ella find herself surrounded by ogres?
(a) Just after leaving the elves.
(b) Two hours into her journey.
(c) Around midnight.
(d) When she wakes in the morning.
11. What color dress does Ella put on for the funeral dinner?
12. What area does Ella reach after traveling for several days?
(a) Elf Valley.
(b) Elvish country.
(c) The forest of the elves.
(d) The canyon of elves.
13. What is Ella's mother's name?
(a) Lady Melinda.
(b) Lady Celeste.
(c) Lady Lorraine.
(d) Lady Eleanor.
14. What do the knights do to stop the ogres from attacking?
(a) Put a spell on them.
(b) Blind them.
(c) Tie them up.
(d) Kill them.
15. After the incident with Ella's playmate, what does Ella's mother order her to do?
(a) To never make friends.
(b) Stay close to home.
(c) To never tell anyone about her curse.
(d) Always be nice to people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the knights use to protect themselves from the ogres?
2. What evidence is there that Ella has fairy blood?
3. Why does Ella's father tell her to leave her mother's funeral?
4. What is Ella's father's name?
5. How does Ella impress the elves in Chapter 13?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)