|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of creature is Apple?
(a) A dragon.
(b) A griffin.
(c) A leprechaun.
(d) A centaur.
2. What is Ella's father's name?
(a) Sir Percy.
(b) Sir Perry.
(c) Sir Peter.
(d) Sir Preston.
3. When Ella tells a playmate about her curse, what does her playmate make Ella to?
(a) Steal candy.
(b) Lose races.
(c) Fight with other girls.
(d) Leave her house.
4. How do the girls and coachmen get away from their pursuers?
(a) Some knights appear to defend them.
(b) They throw rocks.
(c) A magical spell makes them invisible.
(d) They scream and make noise.
5. What do the elves provide Ella with for her journey?
(c) Fire rocks.
6. What does Ella do when her playmate takes advantage of Ella's curse?
(a) Ella cries for hours.
(b) Ella punches her.
(c) Ella runs away.
(d) Ella traps her playmate in a closet.
7. What makes Ella happy on her journey to the country of the giants?
(a) The thought of seeing her father.
(b) The freedom to do whatever she wants.
(c) The beautiful weather.
(d) Talking to travellers along the way.
8. What area does Ella reach after traveling for several days?
(a) The forest of the elves.
(b) Elvish country.
(c) Elf Valley.
(d) The canyon of elves.
9. What does Areida's father do?
(a) He is an innkeeper.
(b) He is a trader.
(c) He is a knight.
(d) He is a scholar.
10. What does Dame Olga notice Ella is lacking when the girls prepare to leave for school?
(a) Spending money.
(b) School supplies.
(c) Proper shoes.
11. Who do the elves remember an earlier visit from?
(b) Dame Olga.
(c) Sir Peter.
(d) Prince Char.
12. What happens when Ella gives Hattie the fairy tale book to look at?
(a) It turns into a dull textbook.
(b) The book's metal closure will not open.
(c) Hattie takes great interest in its contents.
(d) Hattie throws it out of the carriage.
13. Who do Ella's mother and Mandy think might be able to break Lucinda's magic?
(a) Ella herself.
(b) The queen of the fairies.
(c) Ella's fairy godmother.
(d) The King.
14. What does Olga receive as a "gift" from Ella on their way to school?
(a) A bookmark.
(b) A ribbon.
(c) A locket.
(d) A coin.
15. For what reason does Ella's father send for her in Chapter 5?
(a) To get Ella away from the ogre danger.
(b) So Ella can meet his family.
(c) He plans to arrange her marriage.
(d) To get to know Ella.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Prince's name?
2. What does Mandy reveal to Ella in Chapter 4?
3. Why is Lucinda a unique fairy?
4. What are the names of Dame Olga's daughters?
5. What is Ella's mother's name?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)