Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the grandmother gnome surprised when Ella and Char return the baby?
(a) Humans usually don't show gnomes kindness.
(b) Humans have a hard time finding gnome homes.
(c) Ella was able to get the baby to follow her.
(d) She didn't know the baby was gone.
2. In Chapter 6, what does Ella impress the Prince with her skill for?
(a) Identifying plants and herbs.
(b) Horseback riding.
(c) Picking up magical languages.
3. What does Ella find out Hattie is afraid of?
4. What is the first lesson the girls take at school?
(a) A table manners lesson.
(b) A sewing lesson.
(c) A housecleaning lesson.
(d) A posture lesson.
5. For what reason does Ella's father send for her in Chapter 5?
(a) To get to know Ella.
(b) To get Ella away from the ogre danger.
(c) So Ella can meet his family.
(d) He plans to arrange her marriage.
6. What gift does Lucinda give Ella on the day she is born?
(b) Eternal youth.
7. What happens when Ella gives Hattie the fairy tale book to look at?
(a) Hattie throws it out of the carriage.
(b) The book's metal closure will not open.
(c) It turns into a dull textbook.
(d) Hattie takes great interest in its contents.
8. Where does Ella's father want to send her with Olga's daughters?
(a) On a holiday.
(b) To a royal ball.
(c) Finishing school.
(d) To a health spa.
9. When Ella notices the ogres, what are the ogres discussing?
(a) That there a knights in the area.
(b) That Ella is carrying elvish items.
(c) Dividing up Ella's body parts to eat.
(d) How to best roast a human.
10. Why is Lucinda a unique fairy?
(a) She has no wings.
(b) She practices dark magic.
(c) She acts like a human.
(d) She doesn't conceal her identity.
11. When Ella tells a playmate about her curse, what does her playmate make Ella to?
(a) Leave her house.
(b) Lose races.
(c) Steal candy.
(d) Fight with other girls.
12. What animal do the elves give Ella to take on her journey?
(a) A horse.
(b) A dog.
(c) A pony.
(d) A goat.
13. What does Ella's father note about her in Chapter 5?
(a) That she is too short.
(b) That she is a fast learner.
(c) That she is dimwitted.
(d) That she is clumsy.
14. What do the elves provide Ella with for her journey?
(c) Fire rocks.
15. How do the girls and coachmen get away from their pursuers?
(a) A magical spell makes them invisible.
(b) They scream and make noise.
(c) They throw rocks.
(d) Some knights appear to defend them.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the incident with Ella's playmate, what does Ella's mother order her to do?
2. What does Mandy reveal to Ella in Chapter 4?
3. What does the grandmother gnome prophesize Ella will someday do?
4. What does Mandy say many people are frightened of in Chapter 4?
5. What stops Ella from getting any closer to the ogre in Chapter 7?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)