|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the knights do to stop the ogres from attacking?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Blind them.
(c) Tie them up.
(d) Put a spell on them.
2. What does Ella decide to do at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) Write a letter to Mandy.
(b) Run away from school.
(c) Tell Areida about her curse.
(d) Set a trap for Hattie.
3. Why does Ella say she is friends with Areida?
(a) Areida is the nicest girl she's ever met.
(b) Areida has more class than Hattie.
(c) Areida is wealthy.
(d) Areida helps Ella with her schoolwork.
4. Where does Ella go in Chapter 6?
(a) The harbor.
(b) The secret hideaway.
(c) Her treehouse.
(d) The King's menagerie.
5. What does Dame Olga notice Ella is lacking when the girls prepare to leave for school?
(b) Spending money.
(c) Proper shoes.
(d) School supplies.
6. What does the grandmother gnome warn Ella about?
(a) That life at school may be difficult.
(b) Three people who cannot be trusted.
(c) A nearby ogre den.
(d) That the fairy Lucinda is insane.
7. What does Ella's father note about her in Chapter 5?
(a) That she is clumsy.
(b) That she is dimwitted.
(c) That she is a fast learner.
(d) That she is too short.
8. Why is the grandmother gnome surprised when Ella and Char return the baby?
(a) Humans usually don't show gnomes kindness.
(b) She didn't know the baby was gone.
(c) Humans have a hard time finding gnome homes.
(d) Ella was able to get the baby to follow her.
9. Who is Lucinda?
(a) A witch.
(b) A pixie.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A fairy.
10. What kind of creature is Apple?
(a) A dragon.
(b) A centaur.
(c) A griffin.
(d) A leprechaun.
11. What does Hattie not allow Ella to do for three days?
(c) Reclaim her fairy tale book.
(d) Sit down.
12. In Chapter 6, what does Ella impress the Prince with her skill for?
(a) Identifying plants and herbs.
(c) Horseback riding.
(d) Picking up magical languages.
13. What does Mandy clean up from the floor in Chapter 4?
(a) A broken egg.
(b) A puddle of mud.
(c) A bowl.
(d) A pie.
14. What does Mandy give to Ella at night when she is crying in bed?
(a) Ella's mother's quilt.
(b) A book of fairy tales.
(c) A cup of hot cocoa.
(d) A music box.
15. What does one page in Ella's fairy tale book tell her?
(a) The current activities of certain people.
(b) Her family history.
(c) Herbal tea recipes.
(d) A prediction of tomorrow's weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the elves provide Ella with for her journey?
2. How many girls does Ella share her room with in Chapter 10?
3. Who do the elves remember an earlier visit from?
4. For what reason does Ella's father send for her in Chapter 5?
5. What is the Prince's name?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)