|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ella's text book display in Chapter 12?
(a) A message from Mandy.
(b) A spell for a truth serum.
(c) A map.
(d) Letters between various people.
2. What are ogres known for?
(a) Their persuasiveness.
(b) Their weakness for chocolate.
(c) Their stupidity.
(d) Their violence.
3. How does Ella speak to the group of ogres?
(a) In their own language.
(b) As loudly as she can.
(c) In a whisper.
(d) Using elvish words.
4. How does Ella impress the elves in Chapter 13?
(a) Be presenting them with a gift.
(b) By identifying elvish herbs.
(c) By speaking their language.
(d) By singing a song.
5. What area does Ella reach after traveling for several days?
(a) The forest of the elves.
(b) Elvish country.
(c) Elf Valley.
(d) The canyon of elves.
6. What happens when Ella speaks to the group of ogres?
(a) They become angry.
(b) They are lulled to sleep.
(c) They laugh at her.
(d) They are alarmed.
7. What does Char provide for Ella for the rest of her journey to the country of the giants?
(a) A carriage.
(b) A weapon.
(c) An escort.
(d) A book to read.
8. What does Hattie not allow Ella to do for three days?
(a) Reclaim her fairy tale book.
(b) Sit down.
9. What does the ogre do when it takes a look at Ella?
10. How do the girls and coachmen get away from their pursuers?
(a) They scream and make noise.
(b) They throw rocks.
(c) Some knights appear to defend them.
(d) A magical spell makes them invisible.
11. How many girls does Ella share her room with in Chapter 10?
12. What does Areida sneak for Ella from dinner?
(a) A roll.
(b) A pork chop.
(c) A tart.
(d) A carrot.
13. What does Ella realize Hattie must wear?
(a) A wig.
(b) Shoes that are too small.
(c) Fake jewels.
(d) A girdle.
14. Where does Ella's father want to send her with Olga's daughters?
(a) To a royal ball.
(b) Finishing school.
(c) On a holiday.
(d) To a health spa.
15. What item do the elves give Ella because she shows appreciation for it?
(a) A sculpture.
(b) A sword.
(c) A painting.
(d) A cloak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sir Peter hope will be in attendance at the event his is going to in Chapter 12?
2. How does Ella's father react when Ella says she dislikes Olga's daughters?
3. What is the first lesson the girls take at school?
4. What does Mandy say many people are frightened of in Chapter 4?
5. What is one reason Areida is unpopular?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)