|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops Ella from getting any closer to the ogre in Chapter 7?
(a) A safety gate stops her.
(b) A bird attacks the ogre.
(c) She trips and falls.
(d) Prince Char orders her to stop.
2. What does Ella admit to Prince Char in Chapter 15?
(a) That she is lost.
(b) That she has run away from school.
(c) That she is cursed.
(d) That her father is a crooked businessman.
3. How does Ella explain why she obeyed the ogre?
(a) She saw something irresistible in its eyes.
(b) She was teasing the ogre.
(c) She is cursed to obey all orders.
(d) She wanted to see if Char would stop her.
4. What area does Ella reach after traveling for several days?
(a) Elvish country.
(b) The forest of the elves.
(c) The canyon of elves.
(d) Elf Valley.
5. Which of the following is Ella NOT forced to do by Hattie?
(a) Rub Hattie's feet.
(b) Pick a bouquet.
(c) Sneak food from the kitchen.
(d) Mend Hattie's clothes.
6. What does Mandy clean up from the floor in Chapter 4?
(a) A puddle of mud.
(b) A bowl.
(c) A broken egg.
(d) A pie.
7. Where does Ella run away to when her father tells her to leave the funeral?
(a) To a willow tree.
(b) To an oak tree.
(c) To a rhododendron tree.
(d) To a palm tree.
8. What evidence is there that Ella has fairy blood?
(a) Her feet are tiny.
(b) Her pointed ears.
(c) Her little nose.
(d) Her miniscule wings.
9. After hearing Ella's explanation for why she obeyed the ogre, what does Prince Char think?
(a) The ogres have found a new way to control people.
(b) That Ella must be crazy.
(c) That he will have to protect Ella.
(d) That he should help Ella break her curse.
10. What does the grandmother gnome prophesize Ella will someday do?
(a) Rule a vast kingdom.
(b) Save many people.
(c) Endanger someone she loves.
(d) Earn her family a fortune.
11. Why is the grandmother gnome surprised when Ella and Char return the baby?
(a) Humans have a hard time finding gnome homes.
(b) Humans usually don't show gnomes kindness.
(c) Ella was able to get the baby to follow her.
(d) She didn't know the baby was gone.
12. What does Ella make Prince Char laugh about in Chapter 15?
(a) Her concern for the ogres.
(b) Her stories of being proper.
(c) Her rant about Hattie.
(d) Her description of her sewing class.
13. What about Ella annoys her teachers?
(a) Her constant chattering.
(b) Her need to please.
(c) Her numerous questions.
(d) Her rebellious attitude.
14. What do the knights do to stop the ogres from attacking?
(a) Blind them.
(b) Tie them up.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Put a spell on them.
15. What did Ella do to win the baby gnome's trust?
(a) She sang him a song.
(b) She showed him her tiny fairy feet.
(c) She gave the baby a biscuit.
(d) She said a gnomic greeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does Ella impress the Prince with her skill for?
2. What is one reason Areida is unpopular?
3. Who do Ella's mother and Mandy think might be able to break Lucinda's magic?
4. What does one page in Ella's fairy tale book tell her?
5. When Ella notices the ogres, what are the ogres discussing?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)