|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ella give Hattie which forces Hattie to tell the truth.
(a) A magic mirror.
(b) An enchanted perfume.
(c) A potion mixed with juice.
(d) A magical flower.
2. What makes Ella happy on her journey to the country of the giants?
(a) Talking to travellers along the way.
(b) The beautiful weather.
(c) The freedom to do whatever she wants.
(d) The thought of seeing her father.
3. What do the coachmen inform the girls is pursuing their carriage?
(d) A dragon.
4. What does Ella's mother slip into before dying?
(a) A hallucination.
(b) A magical hypnosis.
(c) A bath of magical herbs.
(d) An imaginary fairyland.
5. What are the names of Dame Olga's daughters?
(a) Heddie and Olga.
(b) Millie and Irma.
(c) Saffy and Helga.
(d) Hattie and Olive.
6. What does the ogre tell Ella to do?
(a) Come towards him.
(b) Give him food.
(c) Attack Prince Char.
(d) Stop staring at him.
7. Where does Ella run away to when her father tells her to leave the funeral?
(a) To a rhododendron tree.
(b) To a willow tree.
(c) To an oak tree.
(d) To a palm tree.
8. Who does Ella's mother refuse to tell her about in Chapter 2?
(a) Ella's fairy godmother.
(b) The Prince.
(c) Ella's grandmother.
(d) Ella's father.
9. When does Ella find herself surrounded by ogres?
(a) Just after leaving the elves.
(b) Around midnight.
(c) When she wakes in the morning.
(d) Two hours into her journey.
10. What does Mandy say many people are frightened of in Chapter 4?
(a) Fairy magic.
(b) The King.
(d) Being alone.
11. What does Ella realize Hattie must wear?
(a) A girdle.
(b) Fake jewels.
(c) A wig.
(d) Shoes that are too small.
12. When Ella tells a playmate about her curse, what does her playmate make Ella to?
(a) Steal candy.
(b) Leave her house.
(c) Fight with other girls.
(d) Lose races.
13. What does Ella admit to Prince Char in Chapter 15?
(a) That her father is a crooked businessman.
(b) That she has run away from school.
(c) That she is cursed.
(d) That she is lost.
14. Why is Lucinda a unique fairy?
(a) She acts like a human.
(b) She has no wings.
(c) She doesn't conceal her identity.
(d) She practices dark magic.
15. What is the name of the girl Ella befriends in her first lesson?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the elves remember an earlier visit from?
2. What do the elves provide Ella with for her journey?
3. What does the grandmother gnome warn Ella about?
4. How does Ella explain why she obeyed the ogre?
5. How does Ella impress the elves in Chapter 13?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)