|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ella's mother slip into before dying?
(a) An imaginary fairyland.
(b) A bath of magical herbs.
(c) A hallucination.
(d) A magical hypnosis.
2. Who or what helps Ella to quickly catch up in all of her lessons?
(a) A private tutor.
(b) Her curse.
(d) The time she spends in detention.
3. What are the names of Dame Olga's daughters?
(a) Hattie and Olive.
(b) Heddie and Olga.
(c) Millie and Irma.
(d) Saffy and Helga.
4. What does Mandy say many people are frightened of in Chapter 4?
(a) The King.
(c) Fairy magic.
(d) Being alone.
5. What does Ella's father note about her in Chapter 5?
(a) That she is clumsy.
(b) That she is dimwitted.
(c) That she is too short.
(d) That she is a fast learner.
6. What are ogres known for?
(a) Their weakness for chocolate.
(b) Their violence.
(c) Their stupidity.
(d) Their persuasiveness.
7. What happens when Ella gives Hattie the fairy tale book to look at?
(a) It turns into a dull textbook.
(b) Hattie takes great interest in its contents.
(c) The book's metal closure will not open.
(d) Hattie throws it out of the carriage.
8. What does Ella admit to Prince Char in Chapter 15?
(a) That she has run away from school.
(b) That she is cursed.
(c) That her father is a crooked businessman.
(d) That she is lost.
9. When does Ella find herself surrounded by ogres?
(a) When she wakes in the morning.
(b) Around midnight.
(c) Two hours into her journey.
(d) Just after leaving the elves.
10. Where does Ella go in Chapter 6?
(a) The secret hideaway.
(b) The King's menagerie.
(c) Her treehouse.
(d) The harbor.
11. What does Ella trade Hattie's wig for?
(b) A riding hood.
12. What does Hattie not allow Ella to do for three days?
(b) Reclaim her fairy tale book.
(d) Sit down.
13. Why does Ella's father tell her to leave her mother's funeral?
(a) Lucinda is expected to appear.
(b) So she can change into a dress for mourning.
(c) She is making too much noise crying.
(d) Children are not allowed at funerals.
14. What happens when Ella speaks to the group of ogres?
(a) They are alarmed.
(b) They laugh at her.
(c) They are lulled to sleep.
(d) They become angry.
15. Where does Ella's father want to send her with Olga's daughters?
(a) To a royal ball.
(b) To a health spa.
(c) Finishing school.
(d) On a holiday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the grandmother gnome prophesize Ella will someday do?
2. What do the elves provide Ella with for her journey?
3. What does one page in Ella's fairy tale book tell her?
4. What is one reason Areida is unpopular?
5. Who does Sir Peter hope will be in attendance at the event his is going to in Chapter 12?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)