|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Ella tries to resist orders given to her, what happens?
(a) She begins acting strangely.
(b) She feels sick.
(c) She falls asleep.
(d) She turns purple.
2. Why does Ella's father tell her to leave her mother's funeral?
(a) Lucinda is expected to appear.
(b) She is making too much noise crying.
(c) So she can change into a dress for mourning.
(d) Children are not allowed at funerals.
3. Why is the grandmother gnome surprised when Ella and Char return the baby?
(a) Humans have a hard time finding gnome homes.
(b) She didn't know the baby was gone.
(c) Ella was able to get the baby to follow her.
(d) Humans usually don't show gnomes kindness.
4. What color dress does Ella put on for the funeral dinner?
5. What does the grandmother gnome warn Ella about?
(a) That life at school may be difficult.
(b) That the fairy Lucinda is insane.
(c) Three people who cannot be trusted.
(d) A nearby ogre den.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ella's father note about her in Chapter 5?
2. What does Hattie tell Ella to give her on their way to school?
3. What are ogres known for?
4. What does Char rescue from getting too close to the ogre?
5. What does Ella think of Dame Olga and her daughters?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)