|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ella impress the elves in Chapter 13?
(a) By speaking their language.
(b) Be presenting them with a gift.
(c) By singing a song.
(d) By identifying elvish herbs.
2. What makes Ella happy on her journey to the country of the giants?
(a) The beautiful weather.
(b) The freedom to do whatever she wants.
(c) Talking to travellers along the way.
(d) The thought of seeing her father.
3. How long does Prince Char intend to be away for in Chapter 23?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) One year.
4. Why does Dame Olga agree to let Ella be Mandy's scullery maid?
(a) Olga wants to see Ella around the house less.
(b) Olga loves Mandy's cooking.
(c) Olga thinks the job will be tough.
(d) Olga doesn't really care.
5. What happens when Ella gives Hattie the fairy tale book to look at?
(a) Hattie throws it out of the carriage.
(b) It turns into a dull textbook.
(c) The book's metal closure will not open.
(d) Hattie takes great interest in its contents.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Ella find herself surrounded by ogres?
2. At Dame Olga's house, who does Prince Char speak to for several hours?
3. What does Dame Olga notice Ella is lacking when the girls prepare to leave for school?
4. What does Olga receive as a "gift" from Ella on their way to school?
5. What does Ella admit to Prince Char in Chapter 15?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)