Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what country does the king of France threaten to ally if Queen Elizabeth does not marry Alenzon?
2. What poet writes Queen Elizabeth about the disadvantages of marrying Prince Alenzon?
3. What is Queen Elizabeth's reaction to the death of her friend and councilor at the end of Chapter 25?
4. What skin disease has been thought from the time of Edward the Confessor to be curable by the sovereign's touch?
5. When Queen Elizabeth is 40 years-old, what trait has become more pronounced in her?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast any three of the following advisors to Queen Elizabeth: William Cecil, Sir Francis Walsingham, Robert Cecil, and Roger Bacon. What religion is each man and how does his religion influence his advising of the queen? Do the queen's advisors during her youth have a different relationship with her than her advisors during her later years? What advantages and disadvantages does being an advisor to the queen bring each man? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Sir Francis Drake and piracy during the Elizabethan era. What does piracy bring to the English realm? How does Elizabeth feel about it? What affect does piracy have on England's relationship with Spain? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Of all of King Henry VIII's children, Queen Elizabeth is said to be most like him. Compare and contrast Queen Elizabeth with her father. In what ways is Elizabeth like her father, and in what ways is she unlike her father? Are her similarities to Henry VIII advantages or disadvantages in her reign of England? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)