|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lord Burleigh suggest that Queen Elizabeth rid herself of Alenzon when the prince insists they must marry as she promised?
2. When the Irish rebellion becomes urgent, who does Queen Elizabeth initially want to send to Ireland?
3. When Queen Elizabeth has an abscessed tooth but fears to have her tooth pulled, what convinces her to consent to have the procedure done?
4. How old is Queen Elizabeth when she dies?
5. Why does Queen Elizabeth refuse the Prince of Orange's request to become queen of additional lands?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the tragic fate of Mary Stuart. What factors keep her from the Tower for so many years? What factors eventually lead to her beheading? Is Mary a victim of the era in which she lived, or a victim of her own naivety and ineptitude?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Queen Elizabeth. What are her strengths? What are her flaws? How do her strengths help her reign and how do her flaws hinder her reign? Does she defy or define the stereotypical image of a woman of her era? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Queen Elizabeth's mother Ann Boleyn dies when Elizabeth is just three years old. Compare and contrast the mother figures in Queen Elizabeth's life such as Catherine Howard, Catherine Parr, Kat Ashley, and Lady Tyrwhitt. Discuss how their mothering and the lack of her birth mother's nurturing affects Queen Elizabeth's life. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,454 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)