|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Duke of Norfolk at the end of Chapter 15?
2. How old is Queen Elizabeth when she dies?
3. To what does Queen Elizabeth ascribe her safety despite so many plots to kill her?
4. What lands does the Prince of Orange ask Elizabeth to become queen of at the beginning of Chapter 24?
5. What does Queen Elizabeth decide to do with Alenzon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Queen Elizabeth and Mary Stuart. Discuss their appeal to men, their romances, their politics, their leadership ability, and their popularity with their own people. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Earl of Essex's relationship with Queen Elizabeth and his rebellion against her in Ireland. What factors contribute to his eventual downfall and sentencing to the Tower?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Queen Elizabeth's relationship with Lord Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester, from its beginning during her childhood to its end with the earl's death. Discuss Leicester's lingering influence on the queen after his death. Do you think the queen loves Leicester in the romantic sense or strictly as a friend? Do you think Leicester ever loves the queen in the romantic sense? Does he only use her to further his ambition? What factors keep them from marrying? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)