Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what country does the king of France threaten to ally if Queen Elizabeth does not marry Alenzon?
2. What poet writes Queen Elizabeth about the disadvantages of marrying Prince Alenzon?
3. What is Queen Elizabeth's reaction to the death of her friend and councilor at the end of Chapter 25?
4. What skin disease has been thought from the time of Edward the Confessor to be curable by the sovereign's touch?
5. When Queen Elizabeth is 40 years-old, what trait has become more pronounced in her?
Compare and contrast any three of the following advisors to Queen Elizabeth: William Cecil, Sir Francis Walsingham, Robert Cecil, and Roger Bacon. What religion is each man and how does his religion influence his advising of the queen? Do the queen's advisors during her youth have a different relationship with her than her advisors during her later years? What advantages and disadvantages does being an advisor to the queen bring each man? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Compare and contrast Queen Elizabeth's relationship with her half sister, Mary Tudor, to her relationship with her half brother, King Edward VI. Is there any evidence in Elizabeth the Great that Queen Elizabeth felt genuine affection for either sibling or that either sibling felt genuine affection for her? What similarities or differences did the siblings share? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Discuss England's relationship with France during Queen Elizabeth's reign. How would each country benefit if Elizabeth marries one of her French suitors? What factors make the two countries potential allies and what factors make the two countries potential enemies? How does their relationship change over the course of Elizabeth's long reign? What would an alliance between these two countries through the queen's marriage mean to each country's relationship with Spain? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)