|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who raises Lord Burleigh's grandchildren?
2. When Queen Elizabeth has an abscessed tooth but fears to have her tooth pulled, what convinces her to consent to have the procedure done?
3. How old is Queen Elizabeth when she dies?
4. After 1588, a cult develops in Europe exalting Queen Elizabeth to supernatural status as what deities?
5. What does Sir Thomas Gresham establish in London on Cornhill in 1571?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Queen Elizabeth and Mary Stuart. Discuss their appeal to men, their romances, their politics, their leadership ability, and their popularity with their own people. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the tragic fate of Mary Stuart. What factors keep her from the Tower for so many years? What factors eventually lead to her beheading? Is Mary a victim of the era in which she lived, or a victim of her own naivety and ineptitude?
Essay Topic 3
Of all of King Henry VIII's children, Queen Elizabeth is said to be most like him. Compare and contrast Queen Elizabeth with her father. In what ways is Elizabeth like her father, and in what ways is she unlike her father? Are her similarities to Henry VIII advantages or disadvantages in her reign of England? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)