Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what country does the king of France threaten to ally if Queen Elizabeth does not marry Alenzon?
2. What poet writes Queen Elizabeth about the disadvantages of marrying Prince Alenzon?
3. What is Queen Elizabeth's reaction to the death of her friend and councilor at the end of Chapter 25?
4. What skin disease has been thought from the time of Edward the Confessor to be curable by the sovereign's touch?
5. When Queen Elizabeth is 40 years-old, what trait has become more pronounced in her?
Discuss the cult that develops in Europe after 1588 exalting Queen Elizabeth to supernatural status with radiant splendor as Diana, or Cynthia, goddess of chastity and moonlight. What factors make her seem divine? How does her supposed divine status influence her reign? Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Of all of King Henry VIII's children, Queen Elizabeth is said to be most like him. Compare and contrast Queen Elizabeth with her father. In what ways is Elizabeth like her father, and in what ways is she unlike her father? Are her similarities to Henry VIII advantages or disadvantages in her reign of England? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Queen Elizabeth's mother Ann Boleyn dies when Elizabeth is just three years old. Compare and contrast the mother figures in Queen Elizabeth's life such as Catherine Howard, Catherine Parr, Kat Ashley, and Lady Tyrwhitt. Discuss how their mothering and the lack of her birth mother's nurturing affects Queen Elizabeth's life. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)