|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Queen Elizabeth is 40 years-old, what trait has become more pronounced in her?
2. What is Queen Elizabeth's reaction to the death of her friend and councilor at the end of Chapter 25?
3. Who does Queen Elizabeth name as her successor?
4. What is the Babington plot?
5. How does Lord Burleigh suggest that Queen Elizabeth rid herself of Alenzon when the prince insists they must marry as she promised?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the reigns of King Henry VIII's three children: King Edward VI, Queen Mary Tudor, and Queen Elizabeth I. Include discussions of religious persecution or tolerance, the prosperity of the realm, and war or peace with other nations during each reign. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Earl of Essex's relationship with Queen Elizabeth and his rebellion against her in Ireland. What factors contribute to his eventual downfall and sentencing to the Tower?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Sir Francis Drake and piracy during the Elizabethan era. What does piracy bring to the English realm? How does Elizabeth feel about it? What affect does piracy have on England's relationship with Spain? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)