Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what country does the king of France threaten to ally if Queen Elizabeth does not marry Alenzon?
2. What poet writes Queen Elizabeth about the disadvantages of marrying Prince Alenzon?
(c) Sir Philip Sidney.
3. What is Queen Elizabeth's reaction to the death of her friend and councilor at the end of Chapter 25?
(a) She cries and prays for a week.
(b) She builds a great memorial to her friend.
(c) She shuts herself in her quarters and refuses all admittance.
(d) She gives her friend's widow a big estate.
4. What skin disease has been thought from the time of Edward the Confessor to be curable by the sovereign's touch?
(b) Scrofula, a tubercular skin infection.
5. When Queen Elizabeth is 40 years-old, what trait has become more pronounced in her?
(a) Her artistry.
(b) Her skill in the hunt.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Her nervous irritability.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Thomas Gresham establish in London on Cornhill in 1571?
2. In addition to anyone who murders Queen Elizabeth, who does the Bond of Associate bind Queen Elizabeth's Privy Council to pursue to death?
3. Who does the Earl of Leicester secretly marry in 1578?
4. When Queen Elizabeth orders the Earl of Essex to stay in Ireland and carry out his orders, what does he do?
5. With what married woman and cousin of Queen Elizabeth does the Earl of Leicester have an affair?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)