|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lord Burleigh suggest that Queen Elizabeth rid herself of Alenzon when the prince insists they must marry as she promised?
(a) Marry him or pay him a lot of money.
(b) Offer him Mary Stuart as a bride.
(c) Have him assassinated.
(d) Help him seize the French throne from his brother.
2. In addition to anyone who murders Queen Elizabeth, who does the Bond of Associate bind Queen Elizabeth's Privy Council to pursue to death?
(a) Anyone who murders a member of the Privy Council.
(b) Anyone in whose interest Queen Elizabeth is murdered.
(c) Anyone who finances Queen Elizabeth's murder.
(d) Anyone who murders the Earl of Leicester.
3. What famous poem does Sir Philip Sidney write in honor of the woman he loves?
(a) Love Song to an Enchantress.
(b) Silver Fairies and Golden Gnomes,
(d) Astrophel and Stella.
4. Who is assassinated in 1584?
(a) King Philip of Spain.
(b) Prince Alenzon.
(c) Catherine de Medici.
(d) William of Orange.
5. What is the Earl of Essex sentenced to for his crime?
(a) To be burned alive.
(b) To be hung.
(c) To be beheaded.
(d) To be imprisoned in the Tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Queen Elizabeth's reaction to the death of her friend and councilor at the end of Chapter 25?
2. To whom does Lettice Devereux plot to marry her daughter?
3. Where do Catholics massacre Protestants in great numbers in the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
4. After 1588, a cult develops in Europe exalting Queen Elizabeth to supernatural status as what deities?
5. Who marries Lord Sheffield's widow four days before she gives birth to his son?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)