|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Alenzon and his ambassador are walking with Queen Elizabeth, what actions of the queen indicate her intent to marry Alenzon?
(a) She signs a marital contract with France.
(b) She tells her Privy Council she agrees to the match.
(c) She sets a wedding date.
(d) She kisses Alenzon on the lips and gives him a ring.
2. Which of the following statements does not describe Prince Alenzon, Queen Elizabeth's French suitor?
(a) Tall, muscular, and handsome.
(b) Pitted from smallpox.
(c) Puny in size.
(d) A large nose.
3. What invasion is Mary Stuart anticipating at the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) An invasion of Scotland by Queen Elizabeth.
(b) An invastion of France by Scotland.
(c) An invastion of England by Scottish Lords.
(d) An invasion of England on her behalf by Spain.
4. What debts does Queen Elizabeth pay off in 1573?
(a) Debts her father and brother owe London.
(b) Debts to France.
(c) Debts to Germany.
(d) Debts to Spain.
5. Which of the following is not an entertainment provided for Queen Elizabeth during her visit to Kenilworth?
(a) A bear-baiting.
(c) Hunting a hart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous poem does Sir Philip Sidney write in honor of the woman he loves?
2. When a comet appears over London, what do many people believe it heralds?
3. In Chapter 26, what are Queen Elizabeth's new young advisors interested in instead of her?
4. After 1588, a cult develops in Europe exalting Queen Elizabeth to supernatural status as what deities?
5. Who marries Lord Sheffield's widow four days before she gives birth to his son?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)