|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lady Lennox arrange a marriage with for her son Lord Charles Stuart, a claimant to the English throne?
(a) Catherine Grey.
(b) Catherine de Medici.
(c) Elizabeth Cavendish.
(d) Mary Stuart.
2. With what country does the king of France threaten to ally if Queen Elizabeth does not marry Alenzon?
3. What poet writes Queen Elizabeth about the disadvantages of marrying Prince Alenzon?
(c) Sir Philip Sidney.
4. What is the name of Francis Drake's pirate ship?
(a) The Sea Nymph.
(b) The Queen Elizabeth.
(c) The Moonlight Majesty.
(d) The Golden Hind.
5. What countries do skilled workers in things like felt, thread, lace, and silk come from, bringing their thriving trades with them?
(a) Italy and Spain.
(b) The Netherlands and France.
(c) Germany and Sweden.
(d) China and Japan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says the Massacre of St. Bartholomew is the greatest crime since the Crucifixion?
2. To whom does Queen Elizabeth confide in Chapter 21 that she hates the idea of marriage more every day?
3. When Queen Elizabeth is 40 years-old, what trait has become more pronounced in her?
4. With what married woman and cousin of Queen Elizabeth does the Earl of Leicester have an affair?
5. Which of the following statements does not describe Prince Alenzon, Queen Elizabeth's French suitor?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)