|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what married woman and cousin of Queen Elizabeth does the Earl of Leicester have an affair?
(a) Catherine Grey.
(b) Lettice Devereux.
(c) Lady Lennox.
(d) Lady Mary Sidney.
2. What debts does Queen Elizabeth pay off in 1573?
(a) Debts to France.
(b) Debts her father and brother owe London.
(c) Debts to Germany.
(d) Debts to Spain.
3. What does Sir Thomas Gresham establish in London on Cornhill in 1571?
(a) A seat of commercial exchange.
(b) A printing shop.
(c) A glass-making shop.
(d) A silk cloth manufacturing firm.
4. How long has Queen Elizabeth reigned at 60 years-old?
(a) 35 years.
(b) 50 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 40 years.
5. Who does Catherine de Medici propose as a husband for Mary Stuart in Chapter 15?
(a) The Earl of Leicester.
(b) Prince Henri, Duke of Anjou.
(c) The Duke of Northumberland.
(d) Sir Christopher Hammond.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Lady Lennox as a result of her matchmaking for a youth of royal blood without the Crown's permission?
2. What countries do skilled workers in things like felt, thread, lace, and silk come from, bringing their thriving trades with them?
3. How old is Queen Elizabeth when she dies?
4. To what does Queen Elizabeth ascribe her safety despite so many plots to kill her?
5. Who is assassinated in 1584?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)