|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Pope respond when two English noblemen ask if assassinating Queen Elizabeth is a sin?
(a) He says murder is a sin, no matter who is murdered.
(b) He asks English Catholics to rise against the queen.
(c) He says sending her out of the world is God's work, not sin.
(d) He hires the two nobles to kill the queen.
2. What is the name of Francis Drake's pirate ship?
(a) The Moonlight Majesty.
(b) The Sea Nymph.
(c) The Queen Elizabeth.
(d) The Golden Hind.
3. What is the Earl of Essex sentenced to for his crime?
(a) To be imprisoned in the Tower.
(b) To be burned alive.
(c) To be hung.
(d) To be beheaded.
4. When Mary Stuart writes Queen Elizabeth in Chapter 22, who does she blame for the gossip about her?
(a) Catherine de Medici.
(b) Lord Burleigh.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
(d) Lady Shrewsbury.
5. In Chapter 23, how long are all Jesuits and seminary priests and all those who entered the Catholic priesthood since 1559 given to leave England?
(a) One week.
(b) 40 days.
(c) One month.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What number has Essex's army of 16,000 men been reduced to due to his ineptitude?
2. Who does the Prince of Orange make the titular head of the lands he offers to Queen Elizabeth when the queen refuses to accept his honor?
3. How does Lord Burleigh suggest that Queen Elizabeth rid herself of Alenzon when the prince insists they must marry as she promised?
4. When Queen Elizabeth has an abscessed tooth but fears to have her tooth pulled, what convinces her to consent to have the procedure done?
5. Who is assassinated in 1584?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)