|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says the Massacre of St. Bartholomew is the greatest crime since the Crucifixion?
(a) The Pope.
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
(c) The Earl of Leicester.
(d) Lord Burleigh.
2. What skin disease has been thought from the time of Edward the Confessor to be curable by the sovereign's touch?
(d) Scrofula, a tubercular skin infection.
3. What is the name of Francis Drake's pirate ship?
(a) The Moonlight Majesty.
(b) The Sea Nymph.
(c) The Queen Elizabeth.
(d) The Golden Hind.
4. When the Earl of Oxford mistreats his wife, Ann, to what does Burleigh attribute the younger man's misbehavior?
(a) Oxford's preference for another woman.
(b) Ann's infidelity.
(c) Burleigh's refusal to loan Oxford a large sum of money.
(d) The Earl's Catholicism and Ann's Protestantism.
5. What does Queen Elizabeth wear to ride through her troops and inspire them?
(a) A male soldier's uniform.
(b) A steel corset and helmet with white plumes.
(c) A pirate's hat.
(d) A suit of armor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Earl of Leicester secretly marry in 1578?
2. Why does King Philip of Spain think England is his territory?
3. When Queen Elizabeth is 54 years-old, how old is Robert Devereux, the Earl of Essex?
4. After 1588, a cult develops in Europe exalting Queen Elizabeth to supernatural status as what deities?
5. Which of the following is not a sign of Queen Elizabeth's advancing age?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)