|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What poet writes Queen Elizabeth about the disadvantages of marrying Prince Alenzon?
(c) Sir Philip Sidney.
2. Who does Lady Lennox arrange a marriage with for her son Lord Charles Stuart, a claimant to the English throne?
(a) Catherine de Medici.
(b) Elizabeth Cavendish.
(c) Catherine Grey.
(d) Mary Stuart.
3. Who entertains Queen Elizabeth at his estate of Kenilworth in Chapter 18?
(a) The Earl of Leicester.
(b) Lord Burleigh.
(c) Sir Henry Sidney.
(d) The Duke of Alba.
4. How old is Queen Elizabeth when she dies?
5. What does Queen Elizabeth do to combat Catherine de Medici's plans for Mary Stuart?
(a) She goes to war with France.
(b) She forces Mary Stuart to wed the Earl of Leicester.
(c) She says she wants the Duke of Anjou for herself.
(d) She sends Mary Stuart to a convent for the rest of her life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Queen Elizabeth do with the treasure Francis Drake brings home from Spanish ships his pirates have looted?
2. Why does Spain attack France in Chapter 27 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>?
3. Where do Catholics massacre Protestants in great numbers in the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
4. What happens to Lady Lennox as a result of her matchmaking for a youth of royal blood without the Crown's permission?
5. What happens to the Duke of Norfolk at the end of Chapter 15?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)