|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What poet writes Queen Elizabeth about the disadvantages of marrying Prince Alenzon?
(a) Sir Philip Sidney.
2. What is the Babington plot?
(a) A plot to murder Mary Stuart.
(b) A plot to for Mary Stuart to wed the King of Spain.
(c) A plot to kidnap King James of Scotland.
(d) A plot to murder Elizabeth & put Mary Stuart on the throne.
3. What happens to Lady Lennox as a result of her matchmaking for a youth of royal blood without the Crown's permission?
(a) She is banished to Scotland.
(b) She is imprisoned in the Tower.
(c) She is hung.
(d) She is beheaded.
4. Where do Catholics massacre Protestants in great numbers in the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
(a) Paris, France.
(b) Rome, Italy.
5. Why does Queen Elizabeth refuse the Prince of Orange's request to become queen of additional lands?
(a) The lands are too poor to interest her.
(b) The lands are too infested with pirates to interest her.
(c) She would have to marry him to become the queen.
(d) Doing so would put England at open war with Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Pope respond when two English noblemen ask if assassinating Queen Elizabeth is a sin?
2. What gift does the Earl of Leicester send Queen Elizabeth on New Year's day in 1580 to distract her from marrying Prince Alenzon?
3. When Queen Elizabeth is 54 years-old, how old is Robert Devereux, the Earl of Essex?
4. What number has Essex's army of 16,000 men been reduced to due to his ineptitude?
5. To what does Queen Elizabeth ascribe her safety despite so many plots to kill her?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)