|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has a medal made to commemorate the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) Catherine de Medici.
(d) The Pope.
2. What does Queen Elizabeth do to combat Catherine de Medici's plans for Mary Stuart?
(a) She forces Mary Stuart to wed the Earl of Leicester.
(b) She sends Mary Stuart to a convent for the rest of her life.
(c) She goes to war with France.
(d) She says she wants the Duke of Anjou for herself.
3. Who is the Earl of Essex's mother?
(a) Penelope Devereux.
(b) Lady Lennox.
(c) Catherine Grey.
(d) Lettice Devereux.
4. How does Alenzon respond when Queen Elizabeth says she will not marry him after having promised to do so?
(a) He kills himself.
(b) He marries Mary Stuart.
(c) He says he would rather they both die if he cannot have her.
(d) He declares war on England.
5. Who entertains Queen Elizabeth at his estate of Kenilworth in Chapter 18?
(a) Sir Henry Sidney.
(b) The Earl of Leicester.
(c) Lord Burleigh.
(d) The Duke of Alba.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Scottish Regent Morton implicate in Lord Darnley's murder?
2. With whom does Sir Philip Sidney fall in love?
3. When Queen Elizabeth sends the Earl of Essex to Ireland with orders to attack the Irish rebel Tyrone, what does the earl do?
4. What name does Queen Elizabeth give what Sir Thomas Gresham establishes in London in 1571?
5. What skin disease has been thought from the time of Edward the Confessor to be curable by the sovereign's touch?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)