|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Queen Elizabeth's reaction to the death of her friend and councilor at the end of Chapter 25?
(a) She gives her friend's widow a big estate.
(b) She builds a great memorial to her friend.
(c) She cries and prays for a week.
(d) She shuts herself in her quarters and refuses all admittance.
2. How does Queen Elizabeth react when she receives word that Mary Stuart has been beheaded?
(a) She faints.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She weeps.
(d) She prays for Mary's soul.
3. What gift does the Earl of Leicester send Queen Elizabeth on New Year's day in 1580 to distract her from marrying Prince Alenzon?
(a) A diamond necklace.
(b) A new horse.
(c) Gold buttons with diamonds and rubies on them.
(d) A pearl necklace.
4. What is Queen Elizabeth supposed to be able to cure by prayer and touch?
(c) The plague.
5. What is the Earl of Essex sentenced to for his crime?
(a) To be beheaded.
(b) To be hung.
(c) To be imprisoned in the Tower.
(d) To be burned alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Earl of Essex's mother?
2. What skin disease has been thought from the time of Edward the Confessor to be curable by the sovereign's touch?
3. When the Earl of Oxford mistreats his wife, Ann, to what does Burleigh attribute the younger man's misbehavior?
4. When the Irish rebellion becomes urgent, who does Queen Elizabeth initially want to send to Ireland?
5. Who raises Lord Burleigh's grandchildren?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)