|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sir Thomas Gresham establish in London on Cornhill in 1571?
(a) A seat of commercial exchange.
(b) A glass-making shop.
(c) A silk cloth manufacturing firm.
(d) A printing shop.
2. What happens to the Duke of Norfolk at the end of Chapter 15?
(a) He is freed from the Tower.
(b) He escapes prison and runs away to Scotland.
(c) He weds Mary Stuart.
(d) He is beheaded.
3. How does Alenzon respond when Queen Elizabeth says she will not marry him after having promised to do so?
(a) He declares war on England.
(b) He marries Mary Stuart.
(c) He says he would rather they both die if he cannot have her.
(d) He kills himself.
4. When Queen Elizabeth sends the Earl of Essex to Ireland with orders to attack the Irish rebel Tyrone, what does the earl do?
(a) He joins Tyrone.
(b) He delays and does not keep the queen informed.
(c) He goes to Scotland instead.
(d) He is captured by Tyrone.
5. What hunchback becomes Queen Elizabeth's advisor and England's Lord Treasurer, replacing his father in the position?
(a) Robert Cecil, Lord Burleigh's son.
(b) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(c) The Earl of Essex.
(d) Francis Bacon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Queen Elizabeth do with the treasure Francis Drake brings home from Spanish ships his pirates have looted?
2. With what married woman and cousin of Queen Elizabeth does the Earl of Leicester have an affair?
3. When the Earl of Leicester marries in 1578, what step does his bride's father take to ensure the marriage is legal?
4. Which of the following statements does not describe Prince Alenzon, Queen Elizabeth's French suitor?
5. What is the Earl of Essex charged with in Chapter 29?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)