|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Alenzon and his ambassador are walking with Queen Elizabeth, what actions of the queen indicate her intent to marry Alenzon?
(a) She sets a wedding date.
(b) She kisses Alenzon on the lips and gives him a ring.
(c) She tells her Privy Council she agrees to the match.
(d) She signs a marital contract with France.
2. In Chapter 26, what are Queen Elizabeth's new young advisors interested in instead of her?
(a) Her position.
(b) Court life.
(d) Younger women.
3. What happens to Lady Lennox as a result of her matchmaking for a youth of royal blood without the Crown's permission?
(a) She is hung.
(b) She is beheaded.
(c) She is imprisoned in the Tower.
(d) She is banished to Scotland.
4. When the Church of England is criticized for appointing incompetent clergy, which of the following is not the kind of man Queen Elizabeth advises the bishops to appoint?
(a) Men who can preach to the people.
(b) Honest, sober, and wise men.
(c) Men who can read the Scriptures to the people.
(d) Former Catholic priests trained in Latin.
5. With what country does the king of France threaten to ally if Queen Elizabeth does not marry Alenzon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth at age 60 years-old?
2. What is the Babington plot?
3. How does the Pope respond when two English noblemen ask if assassinating Queen Elizabeth is a sin?
4. To whom does Queen Elizabeth confide in Chapter 21 that she hates the idea of marriage more every day?
5. How does Lord Burleigh suggest that Queen Elizabeth rid herself of Alenzon when the prince insists they must marry as she promised?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)