|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Queen Elizabeth sends the Earl of Essex to Ireland with orders to attack the Irish rebel Tyrone, what does the earl do?
(a) He is captured by Tyrone.
(b) He joins Tyrone.
(c) He delays and does not keep the queen informed.
(d) He goes to Scotland instead.
2. When rebellion starts in Ireland, who gets angry when Queen Elizabeth sends his uncle to Ireland to handle the situation instead of sending another man he recommends?
(a) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(b) Robert Cecil.
(c) The Earl of Essex.
(d) Francis Bacon.
3. With what married woman and cousin of Queen Elizabeth does the Earl of Leicester have an affair?
(a) Catherine Grey.
(b) Lady Lennox.
(c) Lady Mary Sidney.
(d) Lettice Devereux.
4. What hunchback becomes Queen Elizabeth's advisor and England's Lord Treasurer, replacing his father in the position?
(a) Robert Cecil, Lord Burleigh's son.
(b) The Earl of Essex.
(c) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(d) Francis Bacon.
5. To whom does Queen Elizabeth confide in Chapter 21 that she hates the idea of marriage more every day?
(a) Sir Philip Sidney.
(b) The Earl of Sussex.
(c) Sir Francis Walsingham.
(d) The Earl of Leicester.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Scottish Regent Morton implicate in Lord Darnley's murder?
2. What is Queen Elizabeth supposed to be able to cure by prayer and touch?
3. Who does the Prince of Orange make the titular head of the lands he offers to Queen Elizabeth when the queen refuses to accept his honor?
4. To whom does King Philip of Spain decide to give England?
5. When Queen Elizabeth is 40 years-old, what trait has become more pronounced in her?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)