|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Scottish Regent Morton implicate in Lord Darnley's murder?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) Lord Burleigh.
(c) The Earl of Leicester.
(d) Mary Stuart.
2. What is Queen Elizabeth doing while the Earl of Essex's sentence is carried out?
(a) Playing the virginals.
(d) Meeting with her Privy Council.
3. When Queen Elizabeth sends the Earl of Essex to Ireland with orders to attack the Irish rebel Tyrone, what does the earl do?
(a) He goes to Scotland instead.
(b) He joins Tyrone.
(c) He delays and does not keep the queen informed.
(d) He is captured by Tyrone.
4. What happens to Lady Lennox as a result of her matchmaking for a youth of royal blood without the Crown's permission?
(a) She is hung.
(b) She is banished to Scotland.
(c) She is imprisoned in the Tower.
(d) She is beheaded.
5. In Chapter 23, how long are all Jesuits and seminary priests and all those who entered the Catholic priesthood since 1559 given to leave England?
(a) One year.
(b) One week.
(c) 40 days.
(d) One month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who entertains Queen Elizabeth at his estate of Kenilworth in Chapter 18?
2. After 1588, a cult develops in Europe exalting Queen Elizabeth to supernatural status as what deities?
3. What hunchback becomes Queen Elizabeth's advisor and England's Lord Treasurer, replacing his father in the position?
4. Who does Catherine de Medici propose as a husband for Mary Stuart in Chapter 15?
5. When the Earl of Oxford mistreats his wife, Ann, to what does Burleigh attribute the younger man's misbehavior?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)