|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Queen Elizabeth is 40 years-old, what trait has become more pronounced in her?
(a) Her intelligence.
(b) Her nervous irritability.
(c) Her artistry.
(d) Her skill in the hunt.
2. Who does the Earl of Leicester secretly marry in 1578?
(a) Lady Lennox.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) Douglas Sheffield.
(d) Lettice Devereux.
3. Who does the Scottish Regent Morton implicate in Lord Darnley's murder?
(a) Mary Stuart.
(b) The Earl of Leicester.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
(d) Lord Burleigh.
4. What happens to the Duke of Norfolk at the end of Chapter 15?
(a) He weds Mary Stuart.
(b) He is freed from the Tower.
(c) He is beheaded.
(d) He escapes prison and runs away to Scotland.
5. Who does Lady Lennox arrange a marriage with for her son Lord Charles Stuart, a claimant to the English throne?
(a) Catherine de Medici.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) Catherine Grey.
(d) Elizabeth Cavendish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe Prince Alenzon, Queen Elizabeth's French suitor?
2. What does Queen Elizabeth do to combat Catherine de Medici's plans for Mary Stuart?
3. In Chapter 23, how long are all Jesuits and seminary priests and all those who entered the Catholic priesthood since 1559 given to leave England?
4. When the Earl of Oxford mistreats his wife, Ann, to what does Burleigh attribute the younger man's misbehavior?
5. When Queen Elizabeth does not renew a tax on sweet wines that the Earl of Essex depends on for his income, what does Essex do?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)