|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lord Burleigh's son-in-law, the Earl of Oxford, become angry with Lord Burleigh in Chapter 17?
(a) Burleigh borrows money from Oxford and fails to repay it.
(b) Burleigh accuses him of infidelity to his wife.
(c) Burleigh forbids him to gamble.
(d) Burleigh fails to save Oxford's cousin, the Duke of Norfolk.
2. When Alenzon and his ambassador are walking with Queen Elizabeth, what actions of the queen indicate her intent to marry Alenzon?
(a) She sets a wedding date.
(b) She kisses Alenzon on the lips and gives him a ring.
(c) She signs a marital contract with France.
(d) She tells her Privy Council she agrees to the match.
3. What gift does the Earl of Leicester send Queen Elizabeth on New Year's day in 1580 to distract her from marrying Prince Alenzon?
(a) A new horse.
(b) Gold buttons with diamonds and rubies on them.
(c) A diamond necklace.
(d) A pearl necklace.
4. When Queen Elizabeth sends the Earl of Essex to Ireland with orders to attack the Irish rebel Tyrone, what does the earl do?
(a) He delays and does not keep the queen informed.
(b) He goes to Scotland instead.
(c) He joins Tyrone.
(d) He is captured by Tyrone.
5. Who does Lady Lennox arrange a marriage with for her son Lord Charles Stuart, a claimant to the English throne?
(a) Mary Stuart.
(b) Catherine de Medici.
(c) Catherine Grey.
(d) Elizabeth Cavendish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Queen Elizabeth supposed to be able to cure by prayer and touch?
2. Who does the Earl of Leicester secretly marry in 1578?
3. Who says the Massacre of St. Bartholomew is the greatest crime since the Crucifixion?
4. What is the Earl of Essex sentenced to for his crime?
5. What does Queen Elizabeth do to combat Catherine de Medici's plans for Mary Stuart?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)