|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the English blame for the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
(a) Catherine de Medici.
(b) King Philip of Spain.
(c) Mary Stuart.
(d) The Pope.
2. When Alenzon and his ambassador are walking with Queen Elizabeth, what actions of the queen indicate her intent to marry Alenzon?
(a) She sets a wedding date.
(b) She signs a marital contract with France.
(c) She kisses Alenzon on the lips and gives him a ring.
(d) She tells her Privy Council she agrees to the match.
3. What factors help the English ships defeat the Spanish Armada when Spain tries to invade England?
(a) English ships are built lower and faster than Spanish ships.
(b) The Spanish ships are full of holes and not fit to sail.
(c) The Spanish sailors are not loyal to their king.
(d) The English outnumber the Spanish.
4. When the Irish rebellion becomes urgent, who does Queen Elizabeth initially want to send to Ireland?
(a) The Earl of Essex.
(c) Robert Cecil.
(d) Francis Bacon.
5. With what married woman and cousin of Queen Elizabeth does the Earl of Leicester have an affair?
(a) Catherine Grey.
(b) Lady Lennox.
(c) Lettice Devereux.
(d) Lady Mary Sidney.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Queen Elizabeth do to combat Catherine de Medici's plans for Mary Stuart?
2. When Queen Elizabeth is 40 years-old, what trait has become more pronounced in her?
3. What is Queen Elizabeth's reaction to the death of her friend and councilor at the end of Chapter 25?
4. Who marries Lord Sheffield's widow four days before she gives birth to his son?
5. When the Earl of Leicester marries in 1578, what step does his bride's father take to ensure the marriage is legal?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)