|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Queen Elizabeth name as her successor?
(a) King James of Scotland.
(b) Lettice Devereux.
(c) King Philip of Spain.
(d) Lord Charles Stuart.
2. What is Queen Elizabeth supposed to be able to cure by prayer and touch?
(a) The plague.
3. At the end of Chapter 26, how does Queen Elizabeth tell her Privy Council to convert Catholics to Protestants?
(a) By torture.
(b) By their swords.
(c) By the example of their lives.
(d) By burning or hanging them.
4. Which beloved friend and councilor of Queen Elizabeth's dies at the end of Chapter 25?
(a) The Earl of Sussex.
(b) Sir Francis Walsingham.
(c) Lord Burleigh.
(d) The Earl of Leicester.
5. What skin disease has been thought from the time of Edward the Confessor to be curable by the sovereign's touch?
(d) Scrofula, a tubercular skin infection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lord Burleigh's son-in-law, the Earl of Oxford, become angry with Lord Burleigh in Chapter 17?
2. What is Queen Elizabeth's appetite like at 60 years-old?
3. In addition to anyone who murders Queen Elizabeth, who does the Bond of Associate bind Queen Elizabeth's Privy Council to pursue to death?
4. Who does Mary Stuart say in Chapter 24 that she is bequeathing the English crown to instead of her son, King James?
5. What number has Essex's army of 16,000 men been reduced to due to his ineptitude?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)