|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Queen Elizabeth has an abscessed tooth but fears to have her tooth pulled, what convinces her to consent to have the procedure done?
(a) The Earl of Leicester offers to pull the tooth for her.
(b) The Bishop of London has his tooth pulled as an example.
(c) Herbs can put her to sleep for the procedure.
(d) Her abscess causes a high fever that threatens her life.
2. Which beloved friend and councilor of Queen Elizabeth's dies at the end of Chapter 25?
(a) Sir Francis Walsingham.
(b) The Earl of Sussex.
(c) Lord Burleigh.
(d) The Earl of Leicester.
3. What does Queen Elizabeth decide to do with Alenzon?
(a) She has him assassinated.
(b) She gives him money and sends him to the Netherlands.
(c) She helps him seize the French throne from his brother.
(d) She marries him.
4. What is Queen Elizabeth doing while the Earl of Essex's sentence is carried out?
(a) Playing the virginals.
(b) Meeting with her Privy Council.
5. When the Earl of Leicester marries in 1578, what step does his bride's father take to ensure the marriage is legal?
(a) He threatens to kill Leicester if no wedding occurs.
(b) He insists on witnessing the ceremony.
(c) He asks the queen to attend the ceremony.
(d) He brings the priest to marry the couple himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lands does the Prince of Orange ask Elizabeth to become queen of at the beginning of Chapter 24?
2. How does Lord Burleigh suggest that Queen Elizabeth rid herself of Alenzon when the prince insists they must marry as she promised?
3. Who does Mary Stuart say in Chapter 24 that she is bequeathing the English crown to instead of her son, King James?
4. When rebellion starts in Ireland, who gets angry when Queen Elizabeth sends his uncle to Ireland to handle the situation instead of sending another man he recommends?
5. When a comet appears over London, what do many people believe it heralds?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)