|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Scottish Regent Morton implicate in Lord Darnley's murder?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) The Earl of Leicester.
(d) Lord Burleigh.
2. What factors help the English ships defeat the Spanish Armada when Spain tries to invade England?
(a) English ships are built lower and faster than Spanish ships.
(b) The English outnumber the Spanish.
(c) The Spanish sailors are not loyal to their king.
(d) The Spanish ships are full of holes and not fit to sail.
3. Who does the Earl of Leicester secretly marry in 1578?
(a) Lettice Devereux.
(b) Douglas Sheffield.
(c) Lady Lennox.
(d) Mary Stuart.
4. When Mary Stuart writes Queen Elizabeth in Chapter 22, who does she blame for the gossip about her?
(a) Catherine de Medici.
(b) Lord Burleigh.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
(d) Lady Shrewsbury.
5. In Chapter 26, what are Queen Elizabeth's new young advisors interested in instead of her?
(a) Younger women.
(b) Court life.
(c) Her position.
Short Answer Questions
1. What debts does Queen Elizabeth pay off in 1573?
2. Who marries Lord Sheffield's widow four days before she gives birth to his son?
3. Why does King Philip of Spain think England is his territory?
4. When the Earl of Essex hides in his house and refuses to answer a summons to appear before the Privy Council, what do Lord Nottingham and Sir Henry Sidney do to get him to come out?
5. How does Lord Burleigh suggest that Queen Elizabeth rid herself of Alenzon when the prince insists they must marry as she promised?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)