|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What countries do skilled workers in things like felt, thread, lace, and silk come from, bringing their thriving trades with them?
(a) The Netherlands and France.
(b) Germany and Sweden.
(c) China and Japan.
(d) Italy and Spain.
2. Who does the Earl of Leicester secretly marry in 1578?
(a) Lady Lennox.
(b) Lettice Devereux.
(c) Mary Stuart.
(d) Douglas Sheffield.
3. When the Irish rebellion becomes urgent, who does Queen Elizabeth initially want to send to Ireland?
(b) Robert Cecil.
(c) Francis Bacon.
(d) The Earl of Essex.
4. What is the Babington plot?
(a) A plot to for Mary Stuart to wed the King of Spain.
(b) A plot to murder Elizabeth & put Mary Stuart on the throne.
(c) A plot to murder Mary Stuart.
(d) A plot to kidnap King James of Scotland.
5. When the Earl of Essex hides in his house and refuses to answer a summons to appear before the Privy Council, what do Lord Nottingham and Sir Henry Sidney do to get him to come out?
(a) Have Queen Elizabeth persuade him.
(b) Threaten his children.
(c) Send for kegs of gunpowder to blow up his house.
(d) Lie and say he will not be arrested if he comes to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What invasion is Mary Stuart anticipating at the beginning of Chapter 22?
2. In addition to anyone who murders Queen Elizabeth, who does the Bond of Associate bind Queen Elizabeth's Privy Council to pursue to death?
3. Who is assassinated in 1584?
4. What is the Earl of Essex sentenced to for his crime?
5. When the Earl of Oxford mistreats his wife, Ann, to what does Burleigh attribute the younger man's misbehavior?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)