|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Queen Elizabeth sends the Earl of Essex to Ireland with orders to attack the Irish rebel Tyrone, what does the earl do?
(a) He goes to Scotland instead.
(b) He is captured by Tyrone.
(c) He joins Tyrone.
(d) He delays and does not keep the queen informed.
2. What happens to the Duke of Norfolk at the end of Chapter 15?
(a) He is freed from the Tower.
(b) He is beheaded.
(c) He escapes prison and runs away to Scotland.
(d) He weds Mary Stuart.
3. What does Queen Elizabeth wear to ride through her troops and inspire them?
(a) A steel corset and helmet with white plumes.
(b) A male soldier's uniform.
(c) A suit of armor.
(d) A pirate's hat.
4. When Queen Elizabeth has an abscessed tooth but fears to have her tooth pulled, what convinces her to consent to have the procedure done?
(a) Her abscess causes a high fever that threatens her life.
(b) The Bishop of London has his tooth pulled as an example.
(c) Herbs can put her to sleep for the procedure.
(d) The Earl of Leicester offers to pull the tooth for her.
5. What name does Queen Elizabeth give what Sir Thomas Gresham establishes in London in 1571?
(a) Princess Printing.
(b) Silk and Satin.
(c) The Royal Exchange.
(d) Elizabeth's Exchange.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Scottish Regent Morton implicate in Lord Darnley's murder?
2. Who is assassinated in 1584?
3. What number has Essex's army of 16,000 men been reduced to due to his ineptitude?
4. Who is the Earl of Essex's mother?
5. What is the Earl of Essex charged with in Chapter 29?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)