|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Queen Elizabeth ask to see when she visits Dr. John Dee at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) His new wife.
(b) his Spanish gold.
(c) His speculum of magic glass.
(d) His new horses.
2. How old is Queen Elizabeth when she dies?
3. Who entertains Queen Elizabeth at his estate of Kenilworth in Chapter 18?
(a) Sir Henry Sidney.
(b) The Duke of Alba.
(c) Lord Burleigh.
(d) The Earl of Leicester.
4. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth at age 60 years-old?
(a) She has gained a lot of weight.
(b) She is missing some teeth on the left side of her mouth.
(c) Although wrinkled, her skin is still flawless white.
(d) She wears wigs a darker red than her own hair.
5. When Queen Elizabeth sends the Earl of Essex to Ireland with orders to attack the Irish rebel Tyrone, what does the earl do?
(a) He joins Tyrone.
(b) He goes to Scotland instead.
(c) He delays and does not keep the queen informed.
(d) He is captured by Tyrone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which beloved friend and councilor of Queen Elizabeth's dies at the end of Chapter 25?
2. Who is assassinated in 1584?
3. What is the name of Francis Drake's pirate ship?
4. Why does Queen Elizabeth refuse the Prince of Orange's request to become queen of additional lands?
5. When the Earl of Essex hides in his house and refuses to answer a summons to appear before the Privy Council, what do Lord Nottingham and Sir Henry Sidney do to get him to come out?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)