|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Duke of Norfolk sent to at the end of Chapter 12?
(c) The Tower.
2. What do four Spanish ships that take refuge in Plymouth and Southampton in December 1568 carry?
(a) 85,000 pounds of gold.
(b) Jewels and silks from the Orient.
(c) Soldiers to invade the English coast.
(d) A potential bridegroom for Queen Elizabeth.
3. What colors does Queen Elizabeth tell Spanish ambassador Don Guzman de Silva are her colors?
(a) Yellow and white.
(b) Black, red, and gray.
(c) Red, green, and blue.
(d) Black and white.
4. What does Elizabeth ride in through London to Westminster on the Saturday before her coronation?
(a) A coach draped with rubies and pearls.
(b) A chariot draped with crimson velvet.
(c) A golden coach.
(d) A silk-draped litter carried by eight footmen.
5. What happens to Lord Darnley in Edinburgh the day before he marries Mary Stuart?
(a) He drowns.
(b) He is killed in a sword fight.
(c) He gets the plague.
(d) He is proclaimed King of Scotland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
2. What does the French ambassador tell the Spanish ambassador about the way Queen Elizabeth spent New Year's Night in 1566?
3. Who does Elizabeth choose as her Master of the Horse when she first becomes queen?
4. Which of Queen Elizabeth's suitors does Sir William Cecil draw a table of the pros and cons of the potential marriage?
5. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Elizabeth's relationship with her brother, King Edward VI, like?
2. Discuss what happens to Amy Dudley and the gossip that arises about Lord Robert Dudley and Queen Elizabeth after her death.
3. What makes Parliament break out into fistfights and how does Queen Elizabeth temporarily resolve the issue?
4. Why is Lord Darnley murdered and who is responsible for his murder?
5. Why is the murder of Rizzio, the Italian advisor to Mary Stuart, important?
6. Describe Queen Elizabeth's relationship with Lord Robert Dudley at the beginning of her reign.
7. What does Leicester's secret marriage to Lord Sheffield's widow indicate about his character?
8. Discuss the Earl of Essex's relationship with Queen Elizabeth.
9. What action does Pope Pius take against the Protestant Elizabeth in 1570 and what effect does it have on Queen Elizabeth's policy of religious tolerance.
10. Discuss how Lord Darnley becomes king of Scotland and what the Protestant Lords of Scotland feel about his elevated role.
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)