|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who agrees to be the godmother to the infant son of Mary Stuart?
(a) Catherine de Medici.
(b) Lady Lennox.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
(d) Kat Ashley.
2. What does Elizabeth ride in through London to Westminster on the Saturday before her coronation?
(a) A silk-draped litter carried by eight footmen.
(b) A coach draped with rubies and pearls.
(c) A chariot draped with crimson velvet.
(d) A golden coach.
3. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
(a) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) Prince Philip of Spain.
(d) The Duke of Northumberland and Lady Jane Grey.
4. Who marries his son to Lady Jane Grey because of her place in the line of succession to the throne of England?
(a) The Duke of Northumberland.
(b) Thomas Seymour.
(c) Sir Francis Drake.
(d) Philip Sidney.
5. What does the Earl of Leicester tell the French ambassador that Queen Elizabeth said about marriage when she was eight years-old?
(a) That she wanted to marry Leicester.
(b) That she would never marry.
(c) That she could not wait to marry.
(d) That she would marry six times like her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. When representatives of Parliament beg the queen to marry, who does Queen Elizabeth claim to already be married to?
2. Whose household does Princess Elizabeth live in after her father's death?
3. What action does Pope Pius take against Queen Elizabeth in 1570?
4. What is William Cecil's relationship with Elizabeth in Chapter 4?
5. What do four Spanish ships that take refuge in Plymouth and Southampton in December 1568 carry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Queen Elizabeth's relationship with Lord Robert Dudley at the beginning of her reign.
2. Discuss the downfall of Mary Stuart after her involvement with the Earl of Bothwell. How does it lead to her forced abdication of her throne?
3. Why is Queen Elizabeth so upset that she faints when insufficient evidence of treason is found against Norfolk?
4. Discuss what happens to Amy Dudley and the gossip that arises about Lord Robert Dudley and Queen Elizabeth after her death.
5. Discuss the irony of the date of Elizabeth's death.
6. What is Elizabeth like at age 25 when she first becomes queen?
7. By the time Queen Elizabeth is 60 years-old, what trait has become more pronounced in her?
8. Why does Spain want to invade England in 1587?
9. Discuss Queen Elizabeth's bout with smallpox and what fear her illness arouses in her councilors.
10. Discuss Queen Elizabeth's seizing of Spanish gold chests and the retaliation against England by Spain.
This section contains 1,134 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)