|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
2. During her era, what is unusual about the way Queen Elizabeth bathes?
(a) She bathes her entire body in an oval bath.
(b) She does not use soap.
(c) She only bathes once a year.
(d) She bathes in icy water.
3. How long has Queen Elizabeth ruled England at 37 years-old?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 20 years.
4. How does Queen Elizabeth revive the Royal Navy?
(a) She sends medicine to ailing sailors.
(b) She offers titles and lands for joining the Navy.
(c) She drafts more men into the Navy.
(d) She increases sailors' wages and builds strong ships.
5. How many people attend the state banquet in Westminster hall to celebrate Queen Elizabeth's coronation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is murdered in the presence of the pregnant Mary Stuart?
2. To whom does Queen Elizabeth give the Earldom of Leicester?
3. When representatives of Parliament beg the queen to marry, who does Queen Elizabeth claim to already be married to?
4. What is William Cecil's relationship with Elizabeth in Chapter 4?
5. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth I's physical appearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Queen Elizabeth so upset that she faints when insufficient evidence of treason is found against Norfolk?
2. What is the Bond of Association?
3. How does Queen Elizabeth sidestep the issue of marrying when Parliament raises it?
4. As Queen Elizabeth ages and her old advisors die and are replaced, what kind of man is the queen most fond of and does this fondness differ from the kind of men she was fond of in her youth?
5. Discuss Lord Darnley's claim to the English throne. What factors make him a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
6. Discuss Queen Elizabeth's response to criticism of the Anglican Church for appointing incompetent clergy.
7. What does Leicester's secret marriage to Lord Sheffield's widow indicate about his character?
8. Why is Lord Darnley murdered and who is responsible for his murder?
9. Discuss the Earl of Essex's relationship with Queen Elizabeth.
10. Explain Wyatt's rebellion. How does it affect Elizabeth?
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)