|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Spanish Ambassador Don Gerau de Spies plot to marry to Mary Stuart to restore Catholicism to England?
(a) The Duke of Norfolk.
(b) The Earl of Leicester.
(c) The Duke of Alva.
(d) King Philip of Spain.
2. How long has Queen Elizabeth ruled England at 37 years-old?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 30 years.
3. How do others see Lord Darnley?
(a) As a spiritual leader.
(b) As a scholar.
(c) As a brainless, arrogant fool.
(d) As a brilliant politician.
4. Where does the author say she gets her information about the queen from?
(a) Spanish and French documents about Elizabeth I.
(b) Various sources already published.
(c) Secret diaries of Queen Elizabeth.
(d) Secret diaries of Lord Burleigh.
5. What happens when the Scottish Lords try to rescue Mary Stuart from Tutbury Castle where she is being held?
(a) They find she has been moved to Coventry.
(b) They succeed in rescuing her and escape to Scotland.
(c) They are reported to the queen and flee to France.
(d) They are intercepted by English troops and battle ensues.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of stockings does Mrs. Montagu give Queen Elizabeth in 1560?
2. During her era, what is unusual about the way Queen Elizabeth bathes?
3. What religion does Catherine Parr encourage Princess Elizabeth and Prince Edward to study?
4. What colors does Queen Elizabeth tell Spanish ambassador Don Guzman de Silva are her colors?
5. What keeps Queen Elizabeth's complexion so white?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Dr. Dee and why does Queen Elizabeth want to see his speculum of magic glass?
2. What implications does the Massacre of St. Bartholomew have for England and Queen Elizabeth?
3. Discuss Queen Elizabeth's coronation. How do the people of England accept her at the beginning of her reign?
4. Why are Lady Lennox and Lady Shrewsbury sent to the Tower when their children marry?
5. When she breaks her promise to marry him, how does Queen Elizabeth gratify Prince Alenzon?
6. What action does Pope Pius take against the Protestant Elizabeth in 1570 and what effect does it have on Queen Elizabeth's policy of religious tolerance.
7. Does Queen Elizabeth intend to marry Prince Alenzon or does she use this potential marriage for diplomatic reasons as she does all her other potential marriages?
8. Discuss the plot of John Dudley, Earl of Warwick, and Duke of Northumberland, to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne after King Edward VI dies.
9. Discuss the demand for glass that arises during Queen Elizabeth's reign.
10. What factors lead to Mary Stuart's trial and execution?
This section contains 1,201 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)