|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes King of Scotland when Mary Stuart is forced to abdicate?
(a) Lord Bothwell.
(b) Lord Darnley.
(c) James, her 13 month-old son.
(d) The Earl of Leicester.
2. How long has Queen Elizabeth ruled England at 37 years-old?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 12 years.
3. In whom does Mary Stuart confide when her marriage to Lord Darnley becomes unhappy?
(a) Lady Lennox.
(b) Rizzio, her Italian secretary.
(c) Queen Elizabeth of England.
(d) Sir William Cecil.
4. Who promotes Lord Darnley as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
(a) The Earl of Leicester.
(b) William Cecil.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
(d) His mother, Lady Lennox.
5. What happens to bring Princess Elizabeth to the English throne in place of Mary, her sister?
(a) Mary is murdered by Protestant sympathizers.
(b) Mary dies after a long illness.
(c) Elizabeth weds Edward Courtenay and overthrows Mary.
(d) Mary is overthrown by Mary Stuart and taken to the Tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Amy Dudley is found at the bottom of a staircase with a broken neck, who is immediately suspected of murdering her?
2. Which of the following is not a place where glass is used in England as peacetime prosperity develops an increasing market for it?
3. What does the French ambassador tell the Spanish ambassador about the way Queen Elizabeth spent New Year's Night in 1566?
4. What kind of stockings does Mrs. Montagu give Queen Elizabeth in 1560?
5. What happens to Princess Elizabeth's mother when the princess is just a toddler?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Queen Elizabeth's attitude toward Catholicism and religious tolerance.
2. Discuss Queen Elizabeth's response to criticism of the Anglican Church for appointing incompetent clergy.
3. Discuss the Earl of Essex's relationship with Queen Elizabeth.
4. Describe Queen Elizabeth's relationship with Lord Robert Dudley at the beginning of her reign.
5. As Queen Elizabeth ages and her old advisors die and are replaced, what kind of man is the queen most fond of and does this fondness differ from the kind of men she was fond of in her youth?
6. What is the "Bloody Question" and how does it affect Catholic priests in England?
7. Discuss the plot Spanish ambassador Don Gerau De Spies has to restore England to Catholicism.
8. Why does the Duke of Anjou not want to marry Queen Elizabeth when his parents suggest the match?
9. Discuss Queen Elizabeth's coronation. How do the people of England accept her at the beginning of her reign?
10. Discuss Queen Elizabeth's attitude toward the persecution of Catholics in England.
This section contains 1,145 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)