Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what country does the king of France threaten to ally if Queen Elizabeth does not marry Alenzon?
2. What poet writes Queen Elizabeth about the disadvantages of marrying Prince Alenzon?
(c) Sir Philip Sidney.
3. What is Queen Elizabeth's reaction to the death of her friend and councilor at the end of Chapter 25?
(a) She cries and prays for a week.
(b) She builds a great memorial to her friend.
(c) She shuts herself in her quarters and refuses all admittance.
(d) She gives her friend's widow a big estate.
4. What skin disease has been thought from the time of Edward the Confessor to be curable by the sovereign's touch?
(b) Scrofula, a tubercular skin infection.
5. When Queen Elizabeth is 40 years-old, what trait has become more pronounced in her?
(a) Her artistry.
(b) Her skill in the hunt.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Her nervous irritability.
6. What does Sir Thomas Gresham establish in London on Cornhill in 1571?
(a) A glass-making shop.
(b) A silk cloth manufacturing firm.
(c) A printing shop.
(d) A seat of commercial exchange.
7. In addition to anyone who murders Queen Elizabeth, who does the Bond of Associate bind Queen Elizabeth's Privy Council to pursue to death?
(a) Anyone who murders the Earl of Leicester.
(b) Anyone in whose interest Queen Elizabeth is murdered.
(c) Anyone who finances Queen Elizabeth's murder.
(d) Anyone who murders a member of the Privy Council.
8. Who does the Earl of Leicester secretly marry in 1578?
(a) Douglas Sheffield.
(b) Lady Lennox.
(c) Lettice Devereux.
(d) Mary Stuart.
9. When Queen Elizabeth orders the Earl of Essex to stay in Ireland and carry out his orders, what does he do?
(a) He joins Tyrone's rebellion against the queen.
(b) He runs away to France.
(c) He ignores her commands and returns to England.
(d) He obeys her commands.
10. With what married woman and cousin of Queen Elizabeth does the Earl of Leicester have an affair?
(a) Lady Lennox.
(b) Catherine Grey.
(c) Lady Mary Sidney.
(d) Lettice Devereux.
11. Where do Catholics massacre Protestants in great numbers in the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
(c) Rome, Italy.
(d) Paris, France.
12. Why does the Privy Council not mention Lord Burleigh's name to Queen Elizabeth after Burleigh dies?
(a) Burleigh was guilty of treason against the queen.
(b) The queen hated Burleigh.
(c) It makes Queen Elizabeth cry.
(d) Queen Elizabeth had Burleigh executed.
13. When the Earl of Leicester marries in 1578, what step does his bride's father take to ensure the marriage is legal?
(a) He brings the priest to marry the couple himself.
(b) He asks the queen to attend the ceremony.
(c) He insists on witnessing the ceremony.
(d) He threatens to kill Leicester if no wedding occurs.
14. When the Irish rebellion becomes urgent, who does Queen Elizabeth initially want to send to Ireland?
(a) Francis Bacon.
(c) Robert Cecil.
(d) The Earl of Essex.
15. To what does Queen Elizabeth ascribe her safety despite so many plots to kill her?
(a) To her Navy.
(b) To her Privy Council.
(c) To God's protection.
(d) To her soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says the Massacre of St. Bartholomew is the greatest crime since the Crucifixion?
2. What does Queen Elizabeth ask to see when she visits Dr. John Dee at the beginning of Chapter 18?
3. What does Queen Elizabeth decide to do with Alenzon?
4. Which of the following is not an entertainment provided for Queen Elizabeth during her visit to Kenilworth?
5. When Alenzon and his ambassador are walking with Queen Elizabeth, what actions of the queen indicate her intent to marry Alenzon?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)