Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Amy Dudley is found at the bottom of a staircase with a broken neck, who is immediately suspected of murdering her?
(a) Mary Stuart.
(b) William Cecil.
(c) Her husband, Lord Robert Dudley.
(d) Sir Christopher Hammond.
2. What do the Catholic bishops not want to do for Queen Elizabeth's coronation?
(a) Offer prayers for the queen.
(b) Attend the ceremony.
(c) Crown the queen.
(d) Bless the queen.
3. Who agrees to be the godmother to the infant son of Mary Stuart?
(a) Kat Ashley.
(b) Catherine de Medici.
(c) Lady Lennox.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
4. According to some books on heraldry of the period, what do the colors Queen Elizabeth tells Don Guzman de Silva are hers represent?
(b) Perpetual virginity.
(d) Victory in war.
5. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
6. According to the introduction, on what does the book focus?
(a) Queen Elizabeth I.
(b) The Spanish Armada.
(c) The Protestant Reformation.
(d) Life in England during Elizabeth's reign.
7. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Parliament want to force Queen Elizabeth to do?
(a) Declare war on Spain.
(b) Declare war on France.
(d) Surrender her throne to Catherine Grey.
8. What is William Cecil's relationship with Elizabeth in Chapter 4?
(a) He is her cousin.
(b) He is her lover.
(c) He is her Secretary of State.
(d) He is her guard while she is in the tower.
9. The Scottish Lords expect to find English Catholics waiting to rise and overthrow Elizabeth's government with them, but what do they find instead?
(a) That the plague has wiped out thousands.
(b) That France has united with Elizabeth to fight the rebellion.
(c) That English Catholics do not want to overthrow Elizabeth.
(d) That English Catholics have converted to the Anglican church.
10. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
11. According to King Henry's will, what is the order of succession to the throne?
(a) Mary, Edward, Lady Jane Grey.
(b) Edward, Mary, Elizabeth.
(c) Mary, Elizabeth, Edward.
(d) Lady Jane Grey, Edward, Mary.
12. Where is the Duke of Norfolk sent to at the end of Chapter 12?
(c) The Tower.
13. Who does Elizabeth choose as her Master of the Horse when she first becomes queen?
(a) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
(b) Sir Francis Drake.
(c) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(d) Lord Robert Dudley.
14. Which of the following is not an action Sir William Cecil advises Queen Elizabeth to take to reduce the danger of Mary Stuart seizing the English throne?
(a) Keeping Mary Stuart in prison.
(b) Forcing Mary Stuart to marry the Earl of Leicester.
(c) Disallowing Mary Stuart's divorce from Bothwell.
(d) Publicly declaring Mary Stuart guilty of Darnley's murder.
15. If Mary Stuart agrees to accept the husband Queen Elizabeth suggests for her, what might Elizabeth consent to do for Mary?
(a) Give her an English estate.
(b) Name her as heiress-presumptive to the English Crown.
(c) Give her an Army to help her take the French Crown.
(d) Be godmother to her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
2. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
3. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
4. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
5. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)