|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do others see Lord Darnley?
(a) As a brilliant politician.
(b) As a spiritual leader.
(c) As a scholar.
(d) As a brainless, arrogant fool.
2. Which of the following is not an action Sir William Cecil advises Queen Elizabeth to take to reduce the danger of Mary Stuart seizing the English throne?
(a) Disallowing Mary Stuart's divorce from Bothwell.
(b) Publicly declaring Mary Stuart guilty of Darnley's murder.
(c) Forcing Mary Stuart to marry the Earl of Leicester.
(d) Keeping Mary Stuart in prison.
3. Which beloved friend and councilor of Queen Elizabeth's dies at the end of Chapter 25?
(a) The Earl of Sussex.
(b) The Earl of Leicester.
(c) Sir Francis Walsingham.
(d) Lord Burleigh.
4. Who does Queen Elizabeth suggest as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
(a) Sir William Cecil.
(b) King Philip of Spain.
(c) Lord Darnley.
(d) Lord Robert Dudley.
5. How does Lord Burleigh suggest that Queen Elizabeth rid herself of Alenzon when the prince insists they must marry as she promised?
(a) Help him seize the French throne from his brother.
(b) Offer him Mary Stuart as a bride.
(c) Have him assassinated.
(d) Marry him or pay him a lot of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. During her era, what is unusual about the way Queen Elizabeth bathes?
2. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to ratify the Treaty of Edinburgh?
3. What invasion is Mary Stuart anticipating at the beginning of Chapter 22?
4. Where is the Duke of Norfolk sent to at the end of Chapter 12?
5. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to divorce Lord Darnley?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)