|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Lady Lennox as a result of her matchmaking for a youth of royal blood without the Crown's permission?
(a) She is hung.
(b) She is beheaded.
(c) She is imprisoned in the Tower.
(d) She is banished to Scotland.
2. To whom does Elizabeth give a lock of graying red hair in 1572 when she is 39 years-old?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The Earl of Essex.
(c) The poet, Sir Philip Sidney.
(d) King Philip of Spain.
3. Who is suspected of poisoning Lord Sheffield at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) The Earl of Leicester.
(b) Lord Burleigh.
(c) Sir Francis Walsingham.
(d) The Duke of Norfolk.
4. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
5. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
(a) She fears French intervention on Scotland's behalf.
(b) She fears retribution from Mary Stuart.
(c) Her country is short of funds, men, and ships.
(d) She is Catholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story arose about Elizabeth I's appearance after the age of thirty?
2. When Queen Elizabeth does not renew a tax on sweet wines that the Earl of Essex depends on for his income, what does Essex do?
3. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to ratify the Treaty of Edinburgh?
4. Why does Spain attack France in Chapter 27 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>?
5. When the Irish rebellion becomes urgent, who does Queen Elizabeth initially want to send to Ireland?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)