|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Earl of Oxford mistreats his wife, Ann, to what does Burleigh attribute the younger man's misbehavior?
(a) The Earl's Catholicism and Ann's Protestantism.
(b) Burleigh's refusal to loan Oxford a large sum of money.
(c) Oxford's preference for another woman.
(d) Ann's infidelity.
2. What gift does the Earl of Leicester send Queen Elizabeth on New Year's day in 1580 to distract her from marrying Prince Alenzon?
(a) A pearl necklace.
(b) A diamond necklace.
(c) Gold buttons with diamonds and rubies on them.
(d) A new horse.
3. When a comet appears over London, what do many people believe it heralds?
(a) The coming of the plague.
(b) The death of some great person.
(c) The coming of war.
(d) The coming of great prosperity.
4. What physical ailment on Queen Elizabeth's leg heals in 1578?
(b) A broken bone.
(c) A burn.
(d) An ulcer.
5. Which of the following actions does not occur in response to what Queen Elizabeth does with the cargo of the four Spanish ships?
(a) England seizes property of Spanish men in England.
(b) A peace treaty is signed between England and Spain.
(c) Spain imprisons English merchants in the Netherlands.
(d) Spain seizes English merchants' goods in the Netherlands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
2. What number has Essex's army of 16,000 men been reduced to due to his ineptitude?
3. How do others see Lord Darnley?
4. During her era, what is unusual about the way Queen Elizabeth bathes?
5. What is the name of Francis Drake's pirate ship?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)