|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is murdered in the presence of the pregnant Mary Stuart?
(a) Lady Lennox.
(b) Catherine de Medici.
(d) Lord Darnley.
2. What does Sir Thomas Gresham establish in London on Cornhill in 1571?
(a) A glass-making shop.
(b) A seat of commercial exchange.
(c) A printing shop.
(d) A silk cloth manufacturing firm.
3. Where is the Duke of Norfolk sent to at the end of Chapter 12?
(b) The Tower.
4. In Chapter 5 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, what act do Parliament and the Privy Council pass?
(a) A law making Robert Dudley her heir.
(b) A law raising taxes.
(c) The Act of Supremacy and Uniformity.
(d) A law outlawing Catholicism in England.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Parliament want to force Queen Elizabeth to do?
(b) Declare war on France.
(c) Surrender her throne to Catherine Grey.
(d) Declare war on Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What factors help the English ships defeat the Spanish Armada when Spain tries to invade England?
2. What story arose about Elizabeth I's appearance after the age of thirty?
3. Who does Elizabeth choose as her Master of the Horse when she first becomes queen?
4. What does the Earl of Leicester tell the French ambassador that Queen Elizabeth said about marriage when she was eight years-old?
5. In addition to anyone who murders Queen Elizabeth, who does the Bond of Associate bind Queen Elizabeth's Privy Council to pursue to death?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)