|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who entertains Queen Elizabeth at his estate of Kenilworth in Chapter 18?
(a) Sir Henry Sidney.
(b) Lord Burleigh.
(c) The Duke of Alba.
(d) The Earl of Leicester.
2. What is Queen Elizabeth's reaction when her Privy Council finds insufficient evidence to charge Norfolk with treason?
(a) She says she will behead him by her own authority and faints.
(b) She hires an assassin to kill Norfolk.
(c) She is relieved and publicly thanks God.
(d) She has Norfolk poisoned in secret to make sure he is dead.
3. Who says the Massacre of St. Bartholomew is the greatest crime since the Crucifixion?
(a) Lord Burleigh.
(b) The Earl of Leicester.
(c) The Pope.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
4. Who does Lady Lennox arrange a marriage with for her son Lord Charles Stuart, a claimant to the English throne?
(a) Elizabeth Cavendish.
(b) Catherine Grey.
(c) Catherine de Medici.
(d) Mary Stuart.
5. What color robes does Queen Elizabeth wear for her crowning?
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Catherine Parr encourage Princess Elizabeth and Prince Edward to study?
2. According to some books on heraldry of the period, what do the colors Queen Elizabeth tells Don Guzman de Silva are hers represent?
3. After 1588, a cult develops in Europe exalting Queen Elizabeth to supernatural status as what deities?
4. When Mary Stuart writes Queen Elizabeth in Chapter 22, who does she blame for the gossip about her?
5. Who does the Scottish Regent Morton implicate in Lord Darnley's murder?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)