|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Queen Elizabeth does not renew a tax on sweet wines that the Earl of Essex depends on for his income, what does Essex do?
(a) He publicly insults the queen.
(b) He begs the queen for a loan.
(c) He goes back to Ireland.
(d) He becomes a pirate.
2. What married man does Mary Stuart take as her lover in Chapter 11?
(a) Lord Lennox.
(b) King Philip of Spain.
(c) The Earl of Leicester.
(d) Lord Bothwell.
3. According to King Henry's will, what is the order of succession to the throne?
(a) Mary, Edward, Lady Jane Grey.
(b) Edward, Mary, Elizabeth.
(c) Lady Jane Grey, Edward, Mary.
(d) Mary, Elizabeth, Edward.
4. When the Earl of Essex hides in his house and refuses to answer a summons to appear before the Privy Council, what do Lord Nottingham and Sir Henry Sidney do to get him to come out?
(a) Send for kegs of gunpowder to blow up his house.
(b) Lie and say he will not be arrested if he comes to them.
(c) Threaten his children.
(d) Have Queen Elizabeth persuade him.
5. Who expects to be named Queen Elizabeth's "heiress-presumptive"?
(a) Catherine Grey.
(b) Lady Lennox.
(c) Kat Ashley.
(d) Mary Stuart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the author say she gets her information about the queen from?
2. Why is Queen Elizabeth called "Queen of the Sea?"
3. What kind of stockings does Mrs. Montagu give Queen Elizabeth in 1560?
4. How do others see Lord Darnley?
5. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth at age 60 years-old?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)