|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mary Stuart say in Chapter 24 that she is bequeathing the English crown to instead of her son, King James?
(a) To the King of Spain.
(b) To Prince Alenzon.
(c) To Lord Bothwell.
(d) To the Earl of Essex.
2. What does Queen Elizabeth wear to ride through her troops and inspire them?
(a) A steel corset and helmet with white plumes.
(b) A pirate's hat.
(c) A male soldier's uniform.
(d) A suit of armor.
3. What does Queen Elizabeth do with the cargo of the Spanish ships?
(a) Sends it to Spain.
(b) Gives it away to her people.
(c) Takes it to the Tower and keeps it.
(d) Sends it to France.
4. What are pearls said to symbolize?
(d) Psychic ability.
5. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth I's physical appearance?
(a) She has red-gold hair and very fair skin.
(b) She has her mother's sallow and dark complexion.
(c) She closely resembles her father, Henry VIII.
(d) Her eyes are golden and large-pupiled from short sight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Queen Elizabeth's reaction to the death of her friend and councilor at the end of Chapter 25?
2. How does Queen Elizabeth react when she receives word that Mary Stuart has been beheaded?
3. In Chapter 26, what are Queen Elizabeth's new young advisors interested in instead of her?
4. Why does Lord Burleigh's son-in-law, the Earl of Oxford, become angry with Lord Burleigh in Chapter 17?
5. With whom does Sir Philip Sidney fall in love?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)