|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who marries his son to Lady Jane Grey because of her place in the line of succession to the throne of England?
(a) Thomas Seymour.
(b) Sir Francis Drake.
(c) The Duke of Northumberland.
(d) Philip Sidney.
2. Who marries Lord Sheffield's widow four days before she gives birth to his son?
(a) The Earl of Leicester.
(b) The Duke of Anjou.
(c) The Earl of Essex.
(d) King Philip of Spain.
3. Which of Queen Elizabeth's suitors does Sir William Cecil draw a table of the pros and cons of the potential marriage?
(a) King Philip of Spain.
(b) The Earl of Leicester.
(c) Prince Alenzon.
(d) Archduke Charles.
4. To whom does Lettice Devereux plot to marry her daughter?
(a) The Earl of Sussex.
(b) King James of Scotland.
(c) Sir Philip Sidney.
(d) Prince Alenzon.
5. What happens to the Duke of Norfolk at the end of Chapter 15?
(a) He weds Mary Stuart.
(b) He escapes prison and runs away to Scotland.
(c) He is freed from the Tower.
(d) He is beheaded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an entertainment provided for Queen Elizabeth during her visit to Kenilworth?
2. At the end of Chapter 26, how does Queen Elizabeth tell her Privy Council to convert Catholics to Protestants?
3. How does Queen Elizabeth revive the Royal Navy?
4. What does the French ambassador tell the Spanish ambassador about the way Queen Elizabeth spent New Year's Night in 1566?
5. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)