|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does Pope Pius take against Queen Elizabeth in 1570?
(a) He calls Europe to war against her.
(b) He hires an assassin to kill her.
(c) He excommunicates her.
(d) He curses her and asks God to smite her.
2. Who becomes Lord High Admiral of the English navy after King Henry VIII's death?
(a) Thomas Seymour, Somerset's brother & Edward's uncle.
(b) Sir Francis Drake.
(c) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(d) Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester.
3. Who becomes King of Scotland when Mary Stuart is forced to abdicate?
(a) James, her 13 month-old son.
(b) Lord Darnley.
(c) Lord Bothwell.
(d) The Earl of Leicester.
4. To whom does Lettice Devereux plot to marry her daughter?
(a) Sir Philip Sidney.
(b) King James of Scotland.
(c) The Earl of Sussex.
(d) Prince Alenzon.
5. What kind of ships is the English channel swarming with at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) Pirate ships.
(b) Swedish ships.
(c) Spanish ships.
(d) French ships.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Queen Elizabeth sends the Earl of Essex to Ireland with orders to attack the Irish rebel Tyrone, what does the earl do?
2. What happens to bring Princess Elizabeth to the English throne in place of Mary, her sister?
3. In Chapter 26, what are Queen Elizabeth's new young advisors interested in instead of her?
4. When Alenzon and his ambassador are walking with Queen Elizabeth, what actions of the queen indicate her intent to marry Alenzon?
5. What skin disease has been thought from the time of Edward the Confessor to be curable by the sovereign's touch?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)