|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who promotes Lord Darnley as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
(a) His mother, Lady Lennox.
(b) William Cecil.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
(d) The Earl of Leicester.
2. Who agrees to be the godmother to the infant son of Mary Stuart?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) Lady Lennox.
(c) Catherine de Medici.
(d) Kat Ashley.
3. To whom does Queen Elizabeth confide in Chapter 21 that she hates the idea of marriage more every day?
(a) The Earl of Leicester.
(b) The Earl of Sussex.
(c) Sir Philip Sidney.
(d) Sir Francis Walsingham.
4. Who will finance the invasion Mary Stuart anticipates?
(a) The Duke of Guise.
(b) King James of Scotland.
(c) The King of Spain.
(d) Catherine de Medici.
5. How does Lord Burleigh suggest that Queen Elizabeth rid herself of Alenzon when the prince insists they must marry as she promised?
(a) Help him seize the French throne from his brother.
(b) Have him assassinated.
(c) Offer him Mary Stuart as a bride.
(d) Marry him or pay him a lot of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says the Massacre of St. Bartholomew is the greatest crime since the Crucifixion?
2. When Mary Stuart writes Queen Elizabeth in Chapter 22, who does she blame for the gossip about her?
3. When Queen Elizabeth hesitates to intervene in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland, how does William Cecil persuade her to take action?
4. Which of the following statements does not describe an effect the pope's actions against Queen Elizabeth have on English Catholics?
5. What does Queen Elizabeth do with the treasure Francis Drake brings home from Spanish ships his pirates have looted?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)