|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 26, what are Queen Elizabeth's new young advisors interested in instead of her?
(a) Her position.
(b) Court life.
(d) Younger women.
2. What is the name of Francis Drake's pirate ship?
(a) The Queen Elizabeth.
(b) The Golden Hind.
(c) The Moonlight Majesty.
(d) The Sea Nymph.
3. Who does the Prince of Orange make the titular head of the lands he offers to Queen Elizabeth when the queen refuses to accept his honor?
(a) The Earl of Leicester.
(b) Lord Burleigh.
(c) Catherine de Medici.
(d) Mary Stuart.
4. According to King Henry's will, what is the order of succession to the throne?
(a) Lady Jane Grey, Edward, Mary.
(b) Mary, Elizabeth, Edward.
(c) Mary, Edward, Lady Jane Grey.
(d) Edward, Mary, Elizabeth.
5. Why does Spain attack France in Chapter 27 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>?
(a) They want to restore Catholicism to Protestant France.
(b) They want revenge for French attacks on Spain.
(c) They want the French crown for Philip of Spain's daughter.
(d) They want to conquer the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. With Spain supporting Mary Stuart and planning to invade England on her behalf, with what country is it important for Queen Elizabeth and England to form an alliance?
2. What does Queen Elizabeth ask to see when she visits Dr. John Dee at the beginning of Chapter 18?
3. In whom does Mary Stuart confide when her marriage to Lord Darnley becomes unhappy?
4. Who has a medal made to commemorate the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
5. What countries do skilled workers in things like felt, thread, lace, and silk come from, bringing their thriving trades with them?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)