|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose household does Princess Elizabeth live in after her father's death?
(a) Her stepmother, Catherine Parr, the Queen Dowager.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) The Duke of Somerset.
(d) Her half sister, Mary Tudor.
2. The Scottish Lords expect to find English Catholics waiting to rise and overthrow Elizabeth's government with them, but what do they find instead?
(a) That English Catholics do not want to overthrow Elizabeth.
(b) That English Catholics have converted to the Anglican church.
(c) That France has united with Elizabeth to fight the rebellion.
(d) That the plague has wiped out thousands.
3. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to divorce Lord Darnley?
(a) She loves him.
(b) Darnley has threatened to kill her if she divorces him.
(c) It could throw doubt on the legitimacy of her son.
(d) It is a sin to divorce in her eyes.
4. With what married woman and cousin of Queen Elizabeth does the Earl of Leicester have an affair?
(a) Lettice Devereux.
(b) Catherine Grey.
(c) Lady Lennox.
(d) Lady Mary Sidney.
5. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author say teeth are cleaned during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
2. Which of the following is not an entertainment provided for Queen Elizabeth during her visit to Kenilworth?
3. What do four Spanish ships that take refuge in Plymouth and Southampton in December 1568 carry?
4. What kind of ships is the English channel swarming with at the beginning of Chapter 12?
5. What hunchback becomes Queen Elizabeth's advisor and England's Lord Treasurer, replacing his father in the position?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)