|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says the Massacre of St. Bartholomew is the greatest crime since the Crucifixion?
(a) The Earl of Leicester.
(b) Lord Burleigh.
(c) The Pope.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
2. What kind of stockings does Mrs. Montagu give Queen Elizabeth in 1560?
(a) Knitted silk stockings.
(b) Taffeta stockings.
(c) Worsted stockings.
(d) Wool stockings.
3. What does Queen Elizabeth do to combat Catherine de Medici's plans for Mary Stuart?
(a) She goes to war with France.
(b) She sends Mary Stuart to a convent for the rest of her life.
(c) She says she wants the Duke of Anjou for herself.
(d) She forces Mary Stuart to wed the Earl of Leicester.
4. What powerful country supports the marriage of Mary Stuart to Darnley?
5. Where is the Duke of Norfolk sent to at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) The Tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Catherine de Medici propose as a husband for Mary Stuart in Chapter 15?
2. What factors help the English ships defeat the Spanish Armada when Spain tries to invade England?
3. What name does Queen Elizabeth give what Sir Thomas Gresham establishes in London in 1571?
4. When Queen Elizabeth is 40 years-old, what trait has become more pronounced in her?
5. What is Queen Elizabeth's appetite like at 60 years-old?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)