|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When representatives of Parliament beg the queen to marry, who does Queen Elizabeth claim to already be married to?
(a) Sir William Cecil.
(b) The Kingdom of England.
(c) Lord Robert Dudley.
(d) Sir Christopher Hatton.
2. Why does King Philip of Spain think England is his territory?
(a) Mary Stuart bequeathed it to him.
(b) God has given it to him to restore it to Catholicism.
(c) The Pope has given it to him in God's name.
(d) His mother was an English princess.
3. What invasion is Mary Stuart anticipating at the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) An invasion of Scotland by Queen Elizabeth.
(b) An invasion of England on her behalf by Spain.
(c) An invastion of France by Scotland.
(d) An invastion of England by Scottish Lords.
4. During her era, what is unusual about the way Queen Elizabeth bathes?
(a) She only bathes once a year.
(b) She bathes her entire body in an oval bath.
(c) She bathes in icy water.
(d) She does not use soap.
5. What skin disease has been thought from the time of Edward the Confessor to be curable by the sovereign's touch?
(b) Scrofula, a tubercular skin infection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the French ambassador tell the Spanish ambassador about the way Queen Elizabeth spent New Year's Night in 1566?
2. When Mary Stuart demands that Queen Elizabeth send her clothes suitable for her position, what does one of Elizabeth's maids send Mary?
3. What religion does Catherine Parr encourage Princess Elizabeth and Prince Edward to study?
4. According to King Henry's will, what is the order of succession to the throne?
5. What happens to bring Princess Elizabeth to the English throne in place of Mary, her sister?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)