|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is suspected of poisoning Lord Sheffield at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) The Duke of Norfolk.
(b) The Earl of Leicester.
(c) Sir Francis Walsingham.
(d) Lord Burleigh.
2. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth I's physical appearance?
(a) She has red-gold hair and very fair skin.
(b) She closely resembles her father, Henry VIII.
(c) She has her mother's sallow and dark complexion.
(d) Her eyes are golden and large-pupiled from short sight.
3. What does Sir Thomas Gresham establish in London on Cornhill in 1571?
(a) A printing shop.
(b) A silk cloth manufacturing firm.
(c) A seat of commercial exchange.
(d) A glass-making shop.
4. What famous poem does Sir Philip Sidney write in honor of the woman he loves?
(b) Astrophel and Stella.
(c) Silver Fairies and Golden Gnomes,
(d) Love Song to an Enchantress.
5. To whom does Lettice Devereux plot to marry her daughter?
(a) The Earl of Sussex.
(b) Prince Alenzon.
(c) King James of Scotland.
(d) Sir Philip Sidney.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to marry Don Carlos, a criminal lunatic, to gain an alliance with Spain to help dethrone Elizabeth?
2. What name does Queen Elizabeth give what Sir Thomas Gresham establishes in London in 1571?
3. With what married woman and cousin of Queen Elizabeth does the Earl of Leicester have an affair?
4. When Queen Elizabeth is 40 years-old, what trait has become more pronounced in her?
5. What does Queen Elizabeth wear to ride through her troops and inspire them?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)