|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Queen Elizabeth does not renew a tax on sweet wines that the Earl of Essex depends on for his income, what does Essex do?
(a) He begs the queen for a loan.
(b) He becomes a pirate.
(c) He goes back to Ireland.
(d) He publicly insults the queen.
2. In Chapter 26, what are Queen Elizabeth's new young advisors interested in instead of her?
(a) Her position.
(b) Younger women.
(d) Court life.
3. Who does the Earl of Leicester secretly marry in 1578?
(a) Lady Lennox.
(b) Lettice Devereux.
(c) Mary Stuart.
(d) Douglas Sheffield.
4. To whom does King Philip of Spain decide to give England?
(a) To his wife.
(b) To one of his daughters.
(c) To Prince Alenzon.
(d) To the Earl of Leicester.
5. Which of the following statements does not describe Prince Alenzon, Queen Elizabeth's French suitor?
(a) Puny in size.
(b) Pitted from smallpox.
(c) A large nose.
(d) Tall, muscular, and handsome.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mary Stuart demands that Queen Elizabeth send her clothes suitable for her position, what does one of Elizabeth's maids send Mary?
2. What debts does Queen Elizabeth pay off in 1573?
3. How does Lord Burleigh suggest that Queen Elizabeth rid herself of Alenzon when the prince insists they must marry as she promised?
4. What happens to Princess Elizabeth's mother when the princess is just a toddler?
5. What happens to Lady Lennox as a result of her matchmaking for a youth of royal blood without the Crown's permission?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)