|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Queen Elizabeth's reaction when her Privy Council finds insufficient evidence to charge Norfolk with treason?
(a) She hires an assassin to kill Norfolk.
(b) She has Norfolk poisoned in secret to make sure he is dead.
(c) She says she will behead him by her own authority and faints.
(d) She is relieved and publicly thanks God.
2. Who marries his son to Lady Jane Grey because of her place in the line of succession to the throne of England?
(a) Sir Francis Drake.
(b) Thomas Seymour.
(c) Philip Sidney.
(d) The Duke of Northumberland.
3. Who does Catherine de Medici propose as a husband for Mary Stuart in Chapter 15?
(a) The Duke of Northumberland.
(b) Prince Henri, Duke of Anjou.
(c) The Earl of Leicester.
(d) Sir Christopher Hammond.
4. When Queen Elizabeth is 54 years-old, how old is Robert Devereux, the Earl of Essex?
5. What does Queen Elizabeth ask to see when she visits Dr. John Dee at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) his Spanish gold.
(b) His new wife.
(c) His speculum of magic glass.
(d) His new horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Queen Elizabeth's reaction to the death of her friend and councilor at the end of Chapter 25?
2. How many people attend the state banquet in Westminster hall to celebrate Queen Elizabeth's coronation?
3. When Queen Elizabeth sends the Earl of Essex to Ireland with orders to attack the Irish rebel Tyrone, what does the earl do?
4. Who is assassinated in 1584?
5. What is William Cecil's relationship with Elizabeth in Chapter 4?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)