|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Princess Elizabeth's mother when the princess is just a toddler?
(a) She is accused of adultery and treason and beheaded.
(b) She drowns at sea while traveling with the king.
(c) She dies of smallpox.
(d) She dies in childbirth.
2. What are pearls said to symbolize?
(a) Psychic ability.
3. What action does Pope Pius take against Queen Elizabeth in 1570?
(a) He hires an assassin to kill her.
(b) He excommunicates her.
(c) He curses her and asks God to smite her.
(d) He calls Europe to war against her.
4. When a comet appears over London, what do many people believe it heralds?
(a) The coming of great prosperity.
(b) The coming of war.
(c) The death of some great person.
(d) The coming of the plague.
5. What colors does Queen Elizabeth tell Spanish ambassador Don Guzman de Silva are her colors?
(a) Red, green, and blue.
(b) Yellow and white.
(c) Black and white.
(d) Black, red, and gray.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Pope respond when two English noblemen ask if assassinating Queen Elizabeth is a sin?
2. What does Queen Elizabeth ask to see when she visits Dr. John Dee at the beginning of Chapter 18?
3. According to some books on heraldry of the period, what do the colors Queen Elizabeth tells Don Guzman de Silva are hers represent?
4. What poet writes Queen Elizabeth about the disadvantages of marrying Prince Alenzon?
5. What do the Catholic bishops not want to do for Queen Elizabeth's coronation?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)