|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an entertainment provided for Queen Elizabeth during her visit to Kenilworth?
(a) A bear-baiting.
(c) Hunting a hart.
2. In Chapter 5 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, what act do Parliament and the Privy Council pass?
(a) A law outlawing Catholicism in England.
(b) A law making Robert Dudley her heir.
(c) A law raising taxes.
(d) The Act of Supremacy and Uniformity.
3. When the Church of England is criticized for appointing incompetent clergy, which of the following is not the kind of man Queen Elizabeth advises the bishops to appoint?
(a) Men who can read the Scriptures to the people.
(b) Former Catholic priests trained in Latin.
(c) Honest, sober, and wise men.
(d) Men who can preach to the people.
4. Who does Mary Stuart say in Chapter 24 that she is bequeathing the English crown to instead of her son, King James?
(a) To the King of Spain.
(b) To Lord Bothwell.
(c) To the Earl of Essex.
(d) To Prince Alenzon.
5. What happens to Lady Lennox as a result of her matchmaking for a youth of royal blood without the Crown's permission?
(a) She is hung.
(b) She is banished to Scotland.
(c) She is imprisoned in the Tower.
(d) She is beheaded.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what married woman and cousin of Queen Elizabeth does the Earl of Leicester have an affair?
2. Who marries his son to Lady Jane Grey because of her place in the line of succession to the throne of England?
3. When the Irish rebellion becomes urgent, who does Queen Elizabeth initially want to send to Ireland?
4. With whom does Sir Philip Sidney fall in love?
5. What countries do skilled workers in things like felt, thread, lace, and silk come from, bringing their thriving trades with them?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)