|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has a medal made to commemorate the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
(a) Catherine de Medici.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) The Pope.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
2. When Queen Elizabeth hesitates to intervene in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland, how does William Cecil persuade her to take action?
(a) He threatens to resign.
(b) He asks Lord Robert Dudley to persuade her.
(c) He tells her the nobles support war.
(d) He tells her Mary Stuart has declared war.
3. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth at age 60 years-old?
(a) Although wrinkled, her skin is still flawless white.
(b) She is missing some teeth on the left side of her mouth.
(c) She wears wigs a darker red than her own hair.
(d) She has gained a lot of weight.
4. What does the Earl of Leicester tell the French ambassador that Queen Elizabeth said about marriage when she was eight years-old?
(a) That she would never marry.
(b) That she could not wait to marry.
(c) That she would marry six times like her father.
(d) That she wanted to marry Leicester.
5. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
(a) Her country is short of funds, men, and ships.
(b) She fears French intervention on Scotland's behalf.
(c) She is Catholic.
(d) She fears retribution from Mary Stuart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What colors does Queen Elizabeth tell Spanish ambassador Don Guzman de Silva are her colors?
2. Why does Queen Elizabeth refuse the Prince of Orange's request to become queen of additional lands?
3. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
4. At the end of Chapter 26, how does Queen Elizabeth tell her Privy Council to convert Catholics to Protestants?
5. When the Irish rebellion becomes urgent, who does Queen Elizabeth initially want to send to Ireland?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)