|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Princess Elizabeth's mother when the princess is just a toddler?
(a) She drowns at sea while traveling with the king.
(b) She is accused of adultery and treason and beheaded.
(c) She dies in childbirth.
(d) She dies of smallpox.
2. Which of the following is not a place where glass is used in England as peacetime prosperity develops an increasing market for it?
(a) Church altars.
(b) Windows of great houses and shops.
(c) Bathing pools
(d) Drinking and looking glasses.
3. What kind of stockings does Mrs. Montagu give Queen Elizabeth in 1560?
(a) Taffeta stockings.
(b) Wool stockings.
(c) Knitted silk stockings.
(d) Worsted stockings.
4. In Chapter 23, how long are all Jesuits and seminary priests and all those who entered the Catholic priesthood since 1559 given to leave England?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) 40 days.
(d) One year.
5. How does Queen Elizabeth react when she receives word that Mary Stuart has been beheaded?
(a) She prays for Mary's soul.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She faints.
(d) She weeps.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an action Sir William Cecil advises Queen Elizabeth to take to reduce the danger of Mary Stuart seizing the English throne?
2. What happens to Lady Lennox as a result of her matchmaking for a youth of royal blood without the Crown's permission?
3. With what country does the king of France threaten to ally if Queen Elizabeth does not marry Alenzon?
4. What does the author say the aim of the book is in the introduction?
5. What does the author say hair is washed with during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)