|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the introduction, on what does the book focus?
(a) The Spanish Armada.
(b) Life in England during Elizabeth's reign.
(c) Queen Elizabeth I.
(d) The Protestant Reformation.
2. Who expects to be named Queen Elizabeth's "heiress-presumptive"?
(a) Catherine Grey.
(b) Lady Lennox.
(c) Mary Stuart.
(d) Kat Ashley.
3. How does Queen Elizabeth react when she receives word that Mary Stuart has been beheaded?
(a) She prays for Mary's soul.
(b) She weeps.
(c) She faints.
(d) She laughs.
4. Why does the Privy Council not mention Lord Burleigh's name to Queen Elizabeth after Burleigh dies?
(a) Queen Elizabeth had Burleigh executed.
(b) It makes Queen Elizabeth cry.
(c) The queen hated Burleigh.
(d) Burleigh was guilty of treason against the queen.
5. Whose household does Princess Elizabeth live in after her father's death?
(a) Her half sister, Mary Tudor.
(b) The Duke of Somerset.
(c) Her stepmother, Catherine Parr, the Queen Dowager.
(d) Mary Stuart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
2. When Queen Elizabeth hesitates to intervene in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland, how does William Cecil persuade her to take action?
3. What skin disease has been thought from the time of Edward the Confessor to be curable by the sovereign's touch?
4. Who does the Earl of Leicester secretly marry in 1578?
5. Who is assassinated in 1584?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)