|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Catholic does William Cecil think will ascend to the throne and revive Catholicism in England if the Protestant Queen Elizabeth dies without a child?
(a) The Duke of Norfolk.
(b) Edward Courtenay.
(c) Prince Philip of Spain.
(d) Mary Tudor.
2. What does Queen Elizabeth do to combat Catherine de Medici's plans for Mary Stuart?
(a) She sends Mary Stuart to a convent for the rest of her life.
(b) She forces Mary Stuart to wed the Earl of Leicester.
(c) She says she wants the Duke of Anjou for herself.
(d) She goes to war with France.
3. What famous poem does Sir Philip Sidney write in honor of the woman he loves?
(a) Love Song to an Enchantress.
(c) Astrophel and Stella.
(d) Silver Fairies and Golden Gnomes,
4. What story arose about Elizabeth I's appearance after the age of thirty?
(a) That she could not have children.
(b) That she was secretly married to the Earl of Leicester.
(c) That she was illegitimate and did not deserve the throne.
(d) That she was bald.
5. Who will finance the invasion Mary Stuart anticipates?
(a) Catherine de Medici.
(b) The Duke of Guise.
(c) The King of Spain.
(d) King James of Scotland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who expects to be named Queen Elizabeth's "heiress-presumptive"?
2. How does the Pope respond when two English noblemen ask if assassinating Queen Elizabeth is a sin?
3. Where does the author say she gets her information about the queen from?
4. What powerful country supports the marriage of Mary Stuart to Darnley?
5. What happens to Lord Darnley in Edinburgh the day before he marries Mary Stuart?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)