|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Queen Elizabeth do with the treasure Francis Drake brings home from Spanish ships his pirates have looted?
(a) Keeps it and pays back Drake's investors.
(b) Pays her soldiers to make war on Scotland.
(c) Gives it to Prince Alenzon.
(d) Returns it to Spain.
2. Which of the following is not a place where glass is used in England as peacetime prosperity develops an increasing market for it?
(a) Windows of great houses and shops.
(b) Bathing pools
(c) Drinking and looking glasses.
(d) Church altars.
3. Which of the following statements does not describe the effect the book's focus has on the book's shape?
(a) The shape of the book is very irregular.
(b) Some important events get a very brief mention.
(c) Some minor events are relayed in great detail.
(d) The book is arranged in chronological order.
4. When Mary Stuart writes Queen Elizabeth in Chapter 22, who does she blame for the gossip about her?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) Catherine de Medici.
(c) Lady Shrewsbury.
(d) Lord Burleigh.
5. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who appoints himself Duke of Somerset and Protector and advisor to young King Edward after King Henry VIII's death?
(a) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(b) Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester.
(c) Thomas Seymour, brother of the young king's dead mother.
(d) Edward Seymour, brother of the young king's dead mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to marry Don Carlos, a criminal lunatic, to gain an alliance with Spain to help dethrone Elizabeth?
2. Who agrees to be the godmother to the infant son of Mary Stuart?
3. Why is Queen Elizabeth called "Queen of the Sea?"
4. When the Earl of Leicester marries in 1578, what step does his bride's father take to ensure the marriage is legal?
5. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)