|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say the aim of the book is in the introduction?
(a) To earn the author a doctoral degree.
(b) To collect interesting personal information about Elizabeth I.
(c) To show how similar Elizabeth I was to her father Henry VIII.
(d) To record the history of the Tudor dynasty.
2. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
(a) Mary Stuart.
(b) Elizabeth's nine-year-old half brother, Edward.
(c) Elizabeth's 27 year-old half sister, Mary Tudor.
(d) Lady Jane Grey.
3. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who is caught with the teenage Princess Elizabeth in his arms and eventually taken to the Tower and executed for planning to marry her without the king's Privy Council?
(a) Edward Seymour.
(b) Lord Burleigh.
(c) Thomas Seymour.
(d) Robert Dudley, The Earl of Leicester.
4. How does Queen Elizabeth revive the Royal Navy?
(a) She increases sailors' wages and builds strong ships.
(b) She drafts more men into the Navy.
(c) She offers titles and lands for joining the Navy.
(d) She sends medicine to ailing sailors.
5. What skin disease has been thought from the time of Edward the Confessor to be curable by the sovereign's touch?
(c) Scrofula, a tubercular skin infection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Princess Elizabeth's mother when the princess is just a toddler?
2. When Amy Dudley is found at the bottom of a staircase with a broken neck, who is immediately suspected of murdering her?
3. What married man does Mary Stuart take as her lover in Chapter 11?
4. When Mary Stuart writes Queen Elizabeth in Chapter 22, who does she blame for the gossip about her?
5. When Alenzon and his ambassador are walking with Queen Elizabeth, what actions of the queen indicate her intent to marry Alenzon?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)