|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
(a) Her request for a passport is denied.
(b) English Catholics try to put her on the English throne.
(c) She gets smallpox.
(d) Her boat capsizes in the English Channel.
2. What happens to Princess Elizabeth's mother when the princess is just a toddler?
(a) She drowns at sea while traveling with the king.
(b) She is accused of adultery and treason and beheaded.
(c) She dies in childbirth.
(d) She dies of smallpox.
3. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
(a) A plot that results in Elizabeth going to the Tower.
(b) A plan to stop the Spanish marriage of Queen Mary.
(c) A plot to marry Princess Elizabeth to Edward Courtenay.
(d) A French plot to make Mary Stuart Queen of England.
4. What is Queen Elizabeth's reaction when her Privy Council finds insufficient evidence to charge Norfolk with treason?
(a) She hires an assassin to kill Norfolk.
(b) She says she will behead him by her own authority and faints.
(c) She is relieved and publicly thanks God.
(d) She has Norfolk poisoned in secret to make sure he is dead.
5. With what country does the king of France threaten to ally if Queen Elizabeth does not marry Alenzon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is murdered in the presence of the pregnant Mary Stuart?
2. If Mary Stuart agrees to accept the husband Queen Elizabeth suggests for her, what might Elizabeth consent to do for Mary?
3. What poet writes Queen Elizabeth about the disadvantages of marrying Prince Alenzon?
4. When representatives of Parliament beg the queen to marry, who does Queen Elizabeth claim to already be married to?
5. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)