|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does Pope Pius take against Queen Elizabeth in 1570?
(a) He hires an assassin to kill her.
(b) He calls Europe to war against her.
(c) He excommunicates her.
(d) He curses her and asks God to smite her.
2. What is Queen Elizabeth's reaction when her Privy Council finds insufficient evidence to charge Norfolk with treason?
(a) She is relieved and publicly thanks God.
(b) She has Norfolk poisoned in secret to make sure he is dead.
(c) She says she will behead him by her own authority and faints.
(d) She hires an assassin to kill Norfolk.
3. Who is assassinated in 1584?
(a) William of Orange.
(b) Prince Alenzon.
(c) King Philip of Spain.
(d) Catherine de Medici.
4. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
5. When Queen Elizabeth hesitates to intervene in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland, how does William Cecil persuade her to take action?
(a) He tells her the nobles support war.
(b) He threatens to resign.
(c) He asks Lord Robert Dudley to persuade her.
(d) He tells her Mary Stuart has declared war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who keeps Princess Elizabeth from her dying brother's bedside and intercepts her correspondence to the young king?
2. What married man does Mary Stuart take as her lover in Chapter 11?
3. Where does the author say she gets her information about the queen from?
4. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who is caught with the teenage Princess Elizabeth in his arms and eventually taken to the Tower and executed for planning to marry her without the king's Privy Council?
5. What does Queen Elizabeth do with the cargo of the Spanish ships?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)