|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Queen Elizabeth called "Queen of the Sea?"
(a) Because of her interest in the Navy.
(b) Because England is a seafaring nation.
(c) Because she swims a lot.
(d) Because she has a large Navy.
2. What happens when the Scottish Lords try to rescue Mary Stuart from Tutbury Castle where she is being held?
(a) They succeed in rescuing her and escape to Scotland.
(b) They are intercepted by English troops and battle ensues.
(c) They are reported to the queen and flee to France.
(d) They find she has been moved to Coventry.
3. How does Queen Elizabeth revive the Royal Navy?
(a) She increases sailors' wages and builds strong ships.
(b) She drafts more men into the Navy.
(c) She sends medicine to ailing sailors.
(d) She offers titles and lands for joining the Navy.
4. What does the author say the aim of the book is in the introduction?
(a) To collect interesting personal information about Elizabeth I.
(b) To record the history of the Tudor dynasty.
(c) To earn the author a doctoral degree.
(d) To show how similar Elizabeth I was to her father Henry VIII.
5. What religion does Catherine Parr encourage Princess Elizabeth and Prince Edward to study?
(a) The Reformed Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who keeps Princess Elizabeth from her dying brother's bedside and intercepts her correspondence to the young king?
2. What debts does Queen Elizabeth pay off in 1573?
3. What does Sir Thomas Gresham establish in London on Cornhill in 1571?
4. Who says the Massacre of St. Bartholomew is the greatest crime since the Crucifixion?
5. What happens to bring Princess Elizabeth to the English throne in place of Mary, her sister?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)