|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who marries his son to Lady Jane Grey because of her place in the line of succession to the throne of England?
(a) The Duke of Northumberland.
(b) Philip Sidney.
(c) Sir Francis Drake.
(d) Thomas Seymour.
2. What religion does Catherine Parr encourage Princess Elizabeth and Prince Edward to study?
(b) The Reformed Church.
3. When Queen Elizabeth has an abscessed tooth but fears to have her tooth pulled, what convinces her to consent to have the procedure done?
(a) The Bishop of London has his tooth pulled as an example.
(b) Herbs can put her to sleep for the procedure.
(c) The Earl of Leicester offers to pull the tooth for her.
(d) Her abscess causes a high fever that threatens her life.
4. What countries do skilled workers in things like felt, thread, lace, and silk come from, bringing their thriving trades with them?
(a) The Netherlands and France.
(b) China and Japan.
(c) Italy and Spain.
(d) Germany and Sweden.
5. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to divorce Lord Darnley?
(a) She loves him.
(b) It could throw doubt on the legitimacy of her son.
(c) It is a sin to divorce in her eyes.
(d) Darnley has threatened to kill her if she divorces him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Duke of Norfolk at the end of Chapter 15?
2. What do the Catholic bishops not want to do for Queen Elizabeth's coronation?
3. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
4. Who has a medal made to commemorate the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
5. What happens to bring Princess Elizabeth to the English throne in place of Mary, her sister?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)