|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Catholic bishops not want to do for Queen Elizabeth's coronation?
(a) Offer prayers for the queen.
(b) Crown the queen.
(c) Attend the ceremony.
(d) Bless the queen.
2. What does Queen Elizabeth decide to do with Alenzon?
(a) She gives him money and sends him to the Netherlands.
(b) She helps him seize the French throne from his brother.
(c) She has him assassinated.
(d) She marries him.
3. Who does Catherine de Medici propose as a husband for Mary Stuart in Chapter 15?
(a) Sir Christopher Hammond.
(b) Prince Henri, Duke of Anjou.
(c) The Earl of Leicester.
(d) The Duke of Northumberland.
4. What does Queen Elizabeth ask to see when she visits Dr. John Dee at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) his Spanish gold.
(b) His new wife.
(c) His new horses.
(d) His speculum of magic glass.
5. With what married woman and cousin of Queen Elizabeth does the Earl of Leicester have an affair?
(a) Lettice Devereux.
(b) Catherine Grey.
(c) Lady Lennox.
(d) Lady Mary Sidney.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a place where glass is used in England as peacetime prosperity develops an increasing market for it?
2. Who is suspected of poisoning Lord Sheffield at the end of Chapter 16?
3. What disease does Queen Elizabeth contract and nearly die of?
4. What is William Cecil's relationship with Elizabeth in Chapter 4?
5. In whom does Mary Stuart confide when her marriage to Lord Darnley becomes unhappy?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)