|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows over familiarity with the queen by taking her napkin out of her hand to wipe his sweaty face during a tennis game?
(a) Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester.
(b) King Philip of Spain.
(c) The Duke of Norfolk.
(d) Philip Sidney.
2. What is Queen Elizabeth supposed to be able to cure by prayer and touch?
(d) The plague.
3. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
(a) Jane Seymour, King Henry VIII's third wife.
(b) Ann Boleyn, King Henry VIII's second wife.
(c) Catherine of Aragon, King Henry VIII's first wife.
(d) Catherine Howard, King Henry VIII's fifth wife.
4. Why is Queen Elizabeth called "Queen of the Sea?"
(a) Because of her interest in the Navy.
(b) Because England is a seafaring nation.
(c) Because she swims a lot.
(d) Because she has a large Navy.
5. With whom does Sir Philip Sidney fall in love?
(a) Lettice Devereux.
(b) Elizabeth Cavendish.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
(d) Penelope Devereux.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will finance the invasion Mary Stuart anticipates?
2. What physical ailment on Queen Elizabeth's leg heals in 1578?
3. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
4. Who is suspected of poisoning Lord Sheffield at the end of Chapter 16?
5. What poet writes Queen Elizabeth about the disadvantages of marrying Prince Alenzon?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)