|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What poet writes Queen Elizabeth about the disadvantages of marrying Prince Alenzon?
(d) Sir Philip Sidney.
2. Who does the Scottish Regent Morton implicate in Lord Darnley's murder?
(a) Lord Burleigh.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
(d) The Earl of Leicester.
3. What does Sir Thomas Gresham establish in London on Cornhill in 1571?
(a) A silk cloth manufacturing firm.
(b) A glass-making shop.
(c) A printing shop.
(d) A seat of commercial exchange.
4. What does Queen Elizabeth do to combat Catherine de Medici's plans for Mary Stuart?
(a) She says she wants the Duke of Anjou for herself.
(b) She goes to war with France.
(c) She sends Mary Stuart to a convent for the rest of her life.
(d) She forces Mary Stuart to wed the Earl of Leicester.
5. When representatives of Parliament beg the queen to marry, who does Queen Elizabeth claim to already be married to?
(a) Sir William Cecil.
(b) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(c) Lord Robert Dudley.
(d) The Kingdom of England.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is murdered in the presence of the pregnant Mary Stuart?
2. What is Queen Elizabeth supposed to be able to cure by prayer and touch?
3. What countries do skilled workers in things like felt, thread, lace, and silk come from, bringing their thriving trades with them?
4. When Queen Elizabeth is 40 years-old, what trait has become more pronounced in her?
5. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)