|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
(a) Ann Boleyn, King Henry VIII's second wife.
(b) Jane Seymour, King Henry VIII's third wife.
(c) Catherine Howard, King Henry VIII's fifth wife.
(d) Catherine of Aragon, King Henry VIII's first wife.
2. According to King Henry's will, what is the order of succession to the throne?
(a) Edward, Mary, Elizabeth.
(b) Mary, Edward, Lady Jane Grey.
(c) Mary, Elizabeth, Edward.
(d) Lady Jane Grey, Edward, Mary.
3. What does Sir Thomas Gresham establish in London on Cornhill in 1571?
(a) A seat of commercial exchange.
(b) A printing shop.
(c) A glass-making shop.
(d) A silk cloth manufacturing firm.
4. What happens to bring Princess Elizabeth to the English throne in place of Mary, her sister?
(a) Mary is murdered by Protestant sympathizers.
(b) Mary dies after a long illness.
(c) Mary is overthrown by Mary Stuart and taken to the Tower.
(d) Elizabeth weds Edward Courtenay and overthrows Mary.
5. What color robes does Queen Elizabeth wear for her crowning?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Lord Darnley in Edinburgh the day before he marries Mary Stuart?
2. The Scottish Lords expect to find English Catholics waiting to rise and overthrow Elizabeth's government with them, but what do they find instead?
3. What happens when the Scottish Lords try to rescue Mary Stuart from Tutbury Castle where she is being held?
4. What happens to the Duke of Norfolk at the end of Chapter 15?
5. How do Scotland's Protestant Lords deal with Lord Darnley?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)