|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth I's physical appearance?
(a) She closely resembles her father, Henry VIII.
(b) She has red-gold hair and very fair skin.
(c) She has her mother's sallow and dark complexion.
(d) Her eyes are golden and large-pupiled from short sight.
2. Who does the Spanish Ambassador Don Gerau de Spies plot to marry to Mary Stuart to restore Catholicism to England?
(a) The Duke of Norfolk.
(b) King Philip of Spain.
(c) The Duke of Alva.
(d) The Earl of Leicester.
3. What does Queen Elizabeth do with the cargo of the Spanish ships?
(a) Takes it to the Tower and keeps it.
(b) Gives it away to her people.
(c) Sends it to Spain.
(d) Sends it to France.
4. What is the name of Francis Drake's pirate ship?
(a) The Golden Hind.
(b) The Sea Nymph.
(c) The Queen Elizabeth.
(d) The Moonlight Majesty.
5. In addition to anyone who murders Queen Elizabeth, who does the Bond of Associate bind Queen Elizabeth's Privy Council to pursue to death?
(a) Anyone who murders a member of the Privy Council.
(b) Anyone who finances Queen Elizabeth's murder.
(c) Anyone who murders the Earl of Leicester.
(d) Anyone in whose interest Queen Elizabeth is murdered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to marry Don Carlos, a criminal lunatic, to gain an alliance with Spain to help dethrone Elizabeth?
2. What does Queen Elizabeth ask to see when she visits Dr. John Dee at the beginning of Chapter 18?
3. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
4. When the Church of England is criticized for appointing incompetent clergy, which of the following is not the kind of man Queen Elizabeth advises the bishops to appoint?
5. When Queen Elizabeth has an abscessed tooth but fears to have her tooth pulled, what convinces her to consent to have the procedure done?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)