|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Church of England is criticized for appointing incompetent clergy, which of the following is not the kind of man Queen Elizabeth advises the bishops to appoint?
(a) Men who can read the Scriptures to the people.
(b) Honest, sober, and wise men.
(c) Former Catholic priests trained in Latin.
(d) Men who can preach to the people.
2. When a comet appears over London, what do many people believe it heralds?
(a) The coming of great prosperity.
(b) The coming of war.
(c) The death of some great person.
(d) The coming of the plague.
3. What physical ailment on Queen Elizabeth's leg heals in 1578?
(a) An ulcer.
(b) A broken bone.
(d) A burn.
4. What poet writes Queen Elizabeth about the disadvantages of marrying Prince Alenzon?
(d) Sir Philip Sidney.
5. If Mary Stuart agrees to accept the husband Queen Elizabeth suggests for her, what might Elizabeth consent to do for Mary?
(a) Give her an Army to help her take the French Crown.
(b) Give her an English estate.
(c) Name her as heiress-presumptive to the English Crown.
(d) Be godmother to her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Lord Darnley in Edinburgh the day before he marries Mary Stuart?
2. Where does the author say she gets her information about the queen from?
3. What gift does the Earl of Leicester send Queen Elizabeth on New Year's day in 1580 to distract her from marrying Prince Alenzon?
4. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
5. What do the Catholic bishops not want to do for Queen Elizabeth's coronation?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)