|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
(a) When Elizabeth's father dies.
(b) When the Master of the Horse becomes Elizabeth's guardian.
(c) When Elizabeth almost dies of smallpox.
(d) When they are both imprisoned in the Tower of London.
2. According to King Henry's will, what is the order of succession to the throne?
(a) Edward, Mary, Elizabeth.
(b) Mary, Elizabeth, Edward.
(c) Mary, Edward, Lady Jane Grey.
(d) Lady Jane Grey, Edward, Mary.
3. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
(a) The Duke of Northumberland.
(b) Sir Philip Sidney.
(c) The Earl of Essex.
(d) Lady Jane Grey.
4. Who becomes Lord High Admiral of the English navy after King Henry VIII's death?
(a) Sir Francis Drake.
(b) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(c) Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester.
(d) Thomas Seymour, Somerset's brother & Edward's uncle.
5. The Scottish Lords expect to find English Catholics waiting to rise and overthrow Elizabeth's government with them, but what do they find instead?
(a) That France has united with Elizabeth to fight the rebellion.
(b) That English Catholics have converted to the Anglican church.
(c) That the plague has wiped out thousands.
(d) That English Catholics do not want to overthrow Elizabeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following actions does not occur in response to what Queen Elizabeth does with the cargo of the four Spanish ships?
2. With what country does the king of France threaten to ally if Queen Elizabeth does not marry Alenzon?
3. What happens to Lady Lennox as a result of her matchmaking for a youth of royal blood without the Crown's permission?
4. What does Sir Thomas Gresham establish in London on Cornhill in 1571?
5. What colors does Queen Elizabeth tell Spanish ambassador Don Guzman de Silva are her colors?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)