|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Alenzon and his ambassador are walking with Queen Elizabeth, what actions of the queen indicate her intent to marry Alenzon?
(a) She kisses Alenzon on the lips and gives him a ring.
(b) She tells her Privy Council she agrees to the match.
(c) She signs a marital contract with France.
(d) She sets a wedding date.
2. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
(a) The Earl of Essex.
(b) Sir Philip Sidney.
(c) The Duke of Northumberland.
(d) Lady Jane Grey.
3. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who appoints himself Duke of Somerset and Protector and advisor to young King Edward after King Henry VIII's death?
(a) Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester.
(b) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(c) Edward Seymour, brother of the young king's dead mother.
(d) Thomas Seymour, brother of the young king's dead mother.
4. When a comet appears over London, what do many people believe it heralds?
(a) The coming of war.
(b) The coming of the plague.
(c) The coming of great prosperity.
(d) The death of some great person.
5. How long has Queen Elizabeth ruled England at 37 years-old?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 30 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe Prince Alenzon, Queen Elizabeth's French suitor?
2. What happens to Princess Elizabeth's mother when the princess is just a toddler?
3. What poet writes Queen Elizabeth about the disadvantages of marrying Prince Alenzon?
4. How does the Pope respond when two English noblemen ask if assassinating Queen Elizabeth is a sin?
5. What does the French ambassador tell the Spanish ambassador about the way Queen Elizabeth spent New Year's Night in 1566?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)