|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say hair is washed with during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
(a) Olive oil.
(b) Lavender and roses.
2. According to the introduction, on what does the book focus?
(a) The Spanish Armada.
(b) Life in England during Elizabeth's reign.
(c) The Protestant Reformation.
(d) Queen Elizabeth I.
3. When Queen Elizabeth is 40 years-old, what trait has become more pronounced in her?
(a) Her intelligence.
(b) Her artistry.
(c) Her nervous irritability.
(d) Her skill in the hunt.
4. What gift does the Earl of Leicester send Queen Elizabeth on New Year's day in 1580 to distract her from marrying Prince Alenzon?
(a) A new horse.
(b) A diamond necklace.
(c) A pearl necklace.
(d) Gold buttons with diamonds and rubies on them.
5. Which of the following is not an entertainment provided for Queen Elizabeth during her visit to Kenilworth?
(c) Hunting a hart.
(d) A bear-baiting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
2. What does Queen Elizabeth do to combat Catherine de Medici's plans for Mary Stuart?
3. What story arose about Elizabeth I's appearance after the age of thirty?
4. When a comet appears over London, what do many people believe it heralds?
5. Why is Queen Elizabeth called "Queen of the Sea?"
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)