|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Queen Elizabeth's suitors does Sir William Cecil draw a table of the pros and cons of the potential marriage?
(a) The Earl of Leicester.
(b) Archduke Charles.
(c) Prince Alenzon.
(d) King Philip of Spain.
2. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to divorce Lord Darnley?
(a) Darnley has threatened to kill her if she divorces him.
(b) It could throw doubt on the legitimacy of her son.
(c) It is a sin to divorce in her eyes.
(d) She loves him.
3. What powerful country supports the marriage of Mary Stuart to Darnley?
4. Which of the following is not a place where glass is used in England as peacetime prosperity develops an increasing market for it?
(a) Bathing pools
(b) Church altars.
(c) Drinking and looking glasses.
(d) Windows of great houses and shops.
5. What does the author say the aim of the book is in the introduction?
(a) To record the history of the Tudor dynasty.
(b) To show how similar Elizabeth I was to her father Henry VIII.
(c) To collect interesting personal information about Elizabeth I.
(d) To earn the author a doctoral degree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Lord Darnley in Edinburgh the day before he marries Mary Stuart?
2. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
3. What religion does Catherine Parr encourage Princess Elizabeth and Prince Edward to study?
4. Which of the following actions does not occur in response to what Queen Elizabeth does with the cargo of the four Spanish ships?
5. During her era, what is unusual about the way Queen Elizabeth bathes?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)