|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who promotes Lord Darnley as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) His mother, Lady Lennox.
(c) William Cecil.
(d) The Earl of Leicester.
2. Which of the following is not an action Sir William Cecil advises Queen Elizabeth to take to reduce the danger of Mary Stuart seizing the English throne?
(a) Disallowing Mary Stuart's divorce from Bothwell.
(b) Forcing Mary Stuart to marry the Earl of Leicester.
(c) Publicly declaring Mary Stuart guilty of Darnley's murder.
(d) Keeping Mary Stuart in prison.
3. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
(a) Her request for a passport is denied.
(b) She gets smallpox.
(c) English Catholics try to put her on the English throne.
(d) Her boat capsizes in the English Channel.
4. When Queen Elizabeth has an abscessed tooth but fears to have her tooth pulled, what convinces her to consent to have the procedure done?
(a) The Bishop of London has his tooth pulled as an example.
(b) The Earl of Leicester offers to pull the tooth for her.
(c) Herbs can put her to sleep for the procedure.
(d) Her abscess causes a high fever that threatens her life.
5. Who has a medal made to commemorate the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
(a) Mary Stuart.
(b) The Pope.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
(d) Catherine de Medici.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to marry Don Carlos, a criminal lunatic, to gain an alliance with Spain to help dethrone Elizabeth?
2. With Spain supporting Mary Stuart and planning to invade England on her behalf, with what country is it important for Queen Elizabeth and England to form an alliance?
3. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
4. In Chapter 23, how long are all Jesuits and seminary priests and all those who entered the Catholic priesthood since 1559 given to leave England?
5. Who will finance the invasion Mary Stuart anticipates?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)