|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With Spain supporting Mary Stuart and planning to invade England on her behalf, with what country is it important for Queen Elizabeth and England to form an alliance?
2. According to the introduction, on what does the book focus?
(a) Life in England during Elizabeth's reign.
(b) The Spanish Armada.
(c) Queen Elizabeth I.
(d) The Protestant Reformation.
3. How do Scotland's Protestant Lords deal with Lord Darnley?
(a) They blow up his house and strangle him.
(b) They drown him.
(c) They imprison him.
(d) They force him to divorce Mary Stuart.
4. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
(a) He is her father.
(b) He is her uncle.
(c) He is her great uncle.
(d) He is her grandfather.
5. What story arose about Elizabeth I's appearance after the age of thirty?
(a) That she could not have children.
(b) That she was bald.
(c) That she was illegitimate and did not deserve the throne.
(d) That she was secretly married to the Earl of Leicester.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical ailment on Queen Elizabeth's leg heals in 1578?
2. If Mary Stuart agrees to accept the husband Queen Elizabeth suggests for her, what might Elizabeth consent to do for Mary?
3. Which of the following is not an entertainment provided for Queen Elizabeth during her visit to Kenilworth?
4. Which of the following statements does not describe an effect the pope's actions against Queen Elizabeth have on English Catholics?
5. Who entertains Queen Elizabeth at his estate of Kenilworth in Chapter 18?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)