|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of ships is the English channel swarming with at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) Swedish ships.
(b) Pirate ships.
(c) Spanish ships.
(d) French ships.
2. What happens to the Duke of Norfolk at the end of Chapter 15?
(a) He weds Mary Stuart.
(b) He escapes prison and runs away to Scotland.
(c) He is beheaded.
(d) He is freed from the Tower.
3. What religion does Catherine Parr encourage Princess Elizabeth and Prince Edward to study?
(d) The Reformed Church.
4. What does Queen Elizabeth ask to see when she visits Dr. John Dee at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) His new horses.
(b) His speculum of magic glass.
(c) His new wife.
(d) his Spanish gold.
5. When the Earl of Leicester marries in 1578, what step does his bride's father take to ensure the marriage is legal?
(a) He asks the queen to attend the ceremony.
(b) He insists on witnessing the ceremony.
(c) He brings the priest to marry the couple himself.
(d) He threatens to kill Leicester if no wedding occurs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of stockings does Mrs. Montagu give Queen Elizabeth in 1560?
2. Who does Lady Lennox arrange a marriage with for her son Lord Charles Stuart, a claimant to the English throne?
3. How do others see Lord Darnley?
4. Who does the Earl of Leicester secretly marry in 1578?
5. Who has a medal made to commemorate the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)