|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following actions does not occur in response to what Queen Elizabeth does with the cargo of the four Spanish ships?
(a) England seizes property of Spanish men in England.
(b) Spain imprisons English merchants in the Netherlands.
(c) Spain seizes English merchants' goods in the Netherlands.
(d) A peace treaty is signed between England and Spain.
2. Who entertains Queen Elizabeth at his estate of Kenilworth in Chapter 18?
(a) The Duke of Alba.
(b) Sir Henry Sidney.
(c) Lord Burleigh.
(d) The Earl of Leicester.
3. Who does Elizabeth choose as her Master of the Horse when she first becomes queen?
(a) Lord Robert Dudley.
(b) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(c) Sir Francis Drake.
(d) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
4. Who do the English blame for the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
(a) The Pope.
(b) King Philip of Spain.
(c) Mary Stuart.
(d) Catherine de Medici.
5. In whom does Mary Stuart confide when her marriage to Lord Darnley becomes unhappy?
(a) Queen Elizabeth of England.
(b) Sir William Cecil.
(c) Rizzio, her Italian secretary.
(d) Lady Lennox.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lady Lennox arrange a marriage with for her son Lord Charles Stuart, a claimant to the English throne?
2. What color robes does Queen Elizabeth wear for her crowning?
3. Who does Queen Elizabeth suggest as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
4. When Queen Elizabeth has an abscessed tooth but fears to have her tooth pulled, what convinces her to consent to have the procedure done?
5. To whom does Queen Elizabeth give the Earldom of Leicester?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)