|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Catholic bishops not want to do for Queen Elizabeth's coronation?
(a) Attend the ceremony.
(b) Offer prayers for the queen.
(c) Crown the queen.
(d) Bless the queen.
2. To whom does Elizabeth give a lock of graying red hair in 1572 when she is 39 years-old?
(a) The poet, Sir Philip Sidney.
(b) The Pope.
(c) King Philip of Spain.
(d) The Earl of Essex.
3. To whom does Queen Elizabeth give the Earldom of Leicester?
(a) Edward Courtenay.
(b) Lord Robert Dudley.
(c) Lord Darnley.
(d) Sir William Cecil.
4. Who keeps Princess Elizabeth from her dying brother's bedside and intercepts her correspondence to the young king?
(a) The Earl of Essex.
(b) Thomas Seymour.
(c) Edward Seymour.
(d) The Duke of Northumberland.
5. Who does Queen Elizabeth suggest as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
(a) Lord Darnley.
(b) Sir William Cecil.
(c) Lord Robert Dudley.
(d) King Philip of Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says the Massacre of St. Bartholomew is the greatest crime since the Crucifixion?
2. According to the introduction, on what does the book focus?
3. Which of the following is not a place where glass is used in England as peacetime prosperity develops an increasing market for it?
4. Where does Queen Elizabeth send Mary Stuart to at the end of Chapter 11?
5. Where is the Duke of Norfolk sent to at the end of Chapter 12?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)