|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the English blame for the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
(a) Mary Stuart.
(b) The Pope.
(c) Catherine de Medici.
(d) King Philip of Spain.
2. What does Queen Elizabeth do to combat Catherine de Medici's plans for Mary Stuart?
(a) She sends Mary Stuart to a convent for the rest of her life.
(b) She forces Mary Stuart to wed the Earl of Leicester.
(c) She goes to war with France.
(d) She says she wants the Duke of Anjou for herself.
3. The Scottish Lords expect to find English Catholics waiting to rise and overthrow Elizabeth's government with them, but what do they find instead?
(a) That France has united with Elizabeth to fight the rebellion.
(b) That English Catholics have converted to the Anglican church.
(c) That the plague has wiped out thousands.
(d) That English Catholics do not want to overthrow Elizabeth.
4. How do Scotland's Protestant Lords deal with Lord Darnley?
(a) They drown him.
(b) They force him to divorce Mary Stuart.
(c) They imprison him.
(d) They blow up his house and strangle him.
5. Which of the following is not a place where glass is used in England as peacetime prosperity develops an increasing market for it?
(a) Windows of great houses and shops.
(b) Bathing pools
(c) Church altars.
(d) Drinking and looking glasses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe Prince Alenzon, Queen Elizabeth's French suitor?
2. During her era, what is unusual about the way Queen Elizabeth bathes?
3. Who is murdered in the presence of the pregnant Mary Stuart?
4. With what married woman and cousin of Queen Elizabeth does the Earl of Leicester have an affair?
5. Where does Queen Elizabeth send Mary Stuart to at the end of Chapter 11?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)