|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe Prince Alenzon, Queen Elizabeth's French suitor?
(a) Pitted from smallpox.
(b) A large nose.
(c) Puny in size.
(d) Tall, muscular, and handsome.
2. What powerful country supports the marriage of Mary Stuart to Darnley?
3. Which of the following statements does not describe the effect the book's focus has on the book's shape?
(a) The book is arranged in chronological order.
(b) Some important events get a very brief mention.
(c) Some minor events are relayed in great detail.
(d) The shape of the book is very irregular.
4. With whom does Sir Philip Sidney fall in love?
(a) Penelope Devereux.
(b) Elizabeth Cavendish.
(c) Lettice Devereux.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
5. Which of the following actions does not occur in response to what Queen Elizabeth does with the cargo of the four Spanish ships?
(a) England seizes property of Spanish men in England.
(b) Spain imprisons English merchants in the Netherlands.
(c) A peace treaty is signed between England and Spain.
(d) Spain seizes English merchants' goods in the Netherlands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Catholic bishops not want to do for Queen Elizabeth's coronation?
2. What Catholic does William Cecil think will ascend to the throne and revive Catholicism in England if the Protestant Queen Elizabeth dies without a child?
3. What action does Pope Pius take against Queen Elizabeth in 1570?
4. Who says the Massacre of St. Bartholomew is the greatest crime since the Crucifixion?
5. Who does Queen Elizabeth suggest as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)