|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion does Catherine Parr encourage Princess Elizabeth and Prince Edward to study?
(d) The Reformed Church.
2. What story arose about Elizabeth I's appearance after the age of thirty?
(a) That she was bald.
(b) That she was secretly married to the Earl of Leicester.
(c) That she could not have children.
(d) That she was illegitimate and did not deserve the throne.
3. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
(a) Mary Stuart.
(b) Lady Jane Grey.
(c) Elizabeth's 27 year-old half sister, Mary Tudor.
(d) Elizabeth's nine-year-old half brother, Edward.
4. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
(a) She fears French intervention on Scotland's behalf.
(b) She fears retribution from Mary Stuart.
(c) Her country is short of funds, men, and ships.
(d) She is Catholic.
5. Who shows over familiarity with the queen by taking her napkin out of her hand to wipe his sweaty face during a tennis game?
(a) Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester.
(b) The Duke of Norfolk.
(c) Philip Sidney.
(d) King Philip of Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who promotes Lord Darnley as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
2. What happens to Princess Elizabeth's mother when the princess is just a toddler?
3. According to King Henry's will, what is the order of succession to the throne?
4. When the Earl of Leicester marries in 1578, what step does his bride's father take to ensure the marriage is legal?
5. What is Queen Elizabeth's reaction when her Privy Council finds insufficient evidence to charge Norfolk with treason?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)