|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who promotes Lord Darnley as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
(a) His mother, Lady Lennox.
(b) William Cecil.
(c) The Earl of Leicester.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
2. Who expects to be named Queen Elizabeth's "heiress-presumptive"?
(a) Lady Lennox.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) Kat Ashley.
(d) Catherine Grey.
3. How do others see Lord Darnley?
(a) As a scholar.
(b) As a brilliant politician.
(c) As a spiritual leader.
(d) As a brainless, arrogant fool.
4. What keeps Queen Elizabeth's complexion so white?
(a) Elizabeth wears a white powder.
(b) A lotion of egg white, eggshell, alum, borax & poppyseeds.
(c) Elizabeth avoids sunlight.
(d) Elizabeth is an albino.
5. During her era, what is unusual about the way Queen Elizabeth bathes?
(a) She only bathes once a year.
(b) She bathes in icy water.
(c) She bathes her entire body in an oval bath.
(d) She does not use soap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Spanish Ambassador Don Gerau de Spies plot to marry to Mary Stuart to restore Catholicism to England?
2. What does Sir Thomas Gresham establish in London on Cornhill in 1571?
3. Where is the Duke of Norfolk sent to at the end of Chapter 12?
4. What disease does Queen Elizabeth contract and nearly die of?
5. Who marries Lord Sheffield's widow four days before she gives birth to his son?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)