|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) He is her great uncle.
(c) He is her father.
(d) He is her grandfather.
2. Who is murdered in the presence of the pregnant Mary Stuart?
(b) Catherine de Medici.
(c) Lady Lennox.
(d) Lord Darnley.
3. When representatives of Parliament beg the queen to marry, who does Queen Elizabeth claim to already be married to?
(a) The Kingdom of England.
(b) Lord Robert Dudley.
(c) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(d) Sir William Cecil.
4. What religion does Catherine Parr encourage Princess Elizabeth and Prince Edward to study?
(a) The Reformed Church.
5. When Mary Stuart demands that Queen Elizabeth send her clothes suitable for her position, what does one of Elizabeth's maids send Mary?
(a) A golden, pearl-studded dress.
(b) Two worn-out chemises, a length of black velvet, and shoes.
(c) A patched and ragged dress.
(d) A needle and thread to sew her own clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Queen Elizabeth ask to see when she visits Dr. John Dee at the beginning of Chapter 18?
2. What colors does Queen Elizabeth tell Spanish ambassador Don Guzman de Silva are her colors?
3. What does Queen Elizabeth do to combat Catherine de Medici's plans for Mary Stuart?
4. When Queen Elizabeth has an abscessed tooth but fears to have her tooth pulled, what convinces her to consent to have the procedure done?
5. What does the French ambassador tell the Spanish ambassador about the way Queen Elizabeth spent New Year's Night in 1566?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)