|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What powerful country supports the marriage of Mary Stuart to Darnley?
2. Which of the following statements does not describe the effect the book's focus has on the book's shape?
(a) Some important events get a very brief mention.
(b) The shape of the book is very irregular.
(c) The book is arranged in chronological order.
(d) Some minor events are relayed in great detail.
3. Who wants to marry Don Carlos, a criminal lunatic, to gain an alliance with Spain to help dethrone Elizabeth?
(a) Lettice Devereux.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) Catherine Grey.
4. What does Queen Elizabeth ask to see when she visits Dr. John Dee at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) His new horses.
(b) His new wife.
(c) His speculum of magic glass.
(d) his Spanish gold.
5. What happens to the Duke of Norfolk at the end of Chapter 15?
(a) He is freed from the Tower.
(b) He escapes prison and runs away to Scotland.
(c) He is beheaded.
(d) He weds Mary Stuart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who raises Lord Burleigh's grandchildren?
2. What religion does Catherine Parr encourage Princess Elizabeth and Prince Edward to study?
3. How many people attend the state banquet in Westminster hall to celebrate Queen Elizabeth's coronation?
4. Which of the following is not an action Sir William Cecil advises Queen Elizabeth to take to reduce the danger of Mary Stuart seizing the English throne?
5. Who does Elizabeth choose as her Master of the Horse when she first becomes queen?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)