|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
(a) A plot to marry Princess Elizabeth to Edward Courtenay.
(b) A plot that results in Elizabeth going to the Tower.
(c) A plan to stop the Spanish marriage of Queen Mary.
(d) A French plot to make Mary Stuart Queen of England.
2. What does the Earl of Leicester tell the French ambassador that Queen Elizabeth said about marriage when she was eight years-old?
(a) That she could not wait to marry.
(b) That she wanted to marry Leicester.
(c) That she would marry six times like her father.
(d) That she would never marry.
3. What disease does Queen Elizabeth contract and nearly die of?
4. What is Queen Elizabeth's reaction when her Privy Council finds insufficient evidence to charge Norfolk with treason?
(a) She has Norfolk poisoned in secret to make sure he is dead.
(b) She says she will behead him by her own authority and faints.
(c) She is relieved and publicly thanks God.
(d) She hires an assassin to kill Norfolk.
5. Which of the following actions does not occur in response to what Queen Elizabeth does with the cargo of the four Spanish ships?
(a) England seizes property of Spanish men in England.
(b) Spain imprisons English merchants in the Netherlands.
(c) A peace treaty is signed between England and Spain.
(d) Spain seizes English merchants' goods in the Netherlands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
2. What name does Queen Elizabeth give what Sir Thomas Gresham establishes in London in 1571?
3. What kind of ships is the English channel swarming with at the beginning of Chapter 12?
4. What story arose about Elizabeth I's appearance after the age of thirty?
5. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)