|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
(a) Prince Philip of Spain.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
(d) The Duke of Northumberland and Lady Jane Grey.
2. Which of the following is not an entertainment provided for Queen Elizabeth during her visit to Kenilworth?
(c) A bear-baiting.
(d) Hunting a hart.
3. What does the author say hair is washed with during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
(a) Lavender and roses.
(b) Olive oil.
4. Which of Queen Elizabeth's suitors does Sir William Cecil draw a table of the pros and cons of the potential marriage?
(a) The Earl of Leicester.
(b) Prince Alenzon.
(c) King Philip of Spain.
(d) Archduke Charles.
5. What name does Queen Elizabeth give what Sir Thomas Gresham establishes in London in 1571?
(a) The Royal Exchange.
(b) Silk and Satin.
(c) Elizabeth's Exchange.
(d) Princess Printing.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Queen Elizabeth give the Earldom of Leicester?
2. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to divorce Lord Darnley?
3. When Queen Elizabeth has an abscessed tooth but fears to have her tooth pulled, what convinces her to consent to have the procedure done?
4. What does Queen Elizabeth do with the cargo of the Spanish ships?
5. When representatives of Parliament beg the queen to marry, who does Queen Elizabeth claim to already be married to?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)