|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What married man does Mary Stuart take as her lover in Chapter 11?
(a) Lord Bothwell.
(b) Lord Lennox.
(c) King Philip of Spain.
(d) The Earl of Leicester.
2. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
(a) The Duke of Northumberland and Lady Jane Grey.
(b) Prince Philip of Spain.
(c) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
(d) Mary Stuart.
3. What is William Cecil's relationship with Elizabeth in Chapter 4?
(a) He is her cousin.
(b) He is her lover.
(c) He is her Secretary of State.
(d) He is her guard while she is in the tower.
4. Who marries his son to Lady Jane Grey because of her place in the line of succession to the throne of England?
(a) Philip Sidney.
(b) Thomas Seymour.
(c) The Duke of Northumberland.
(d) Sir Francis Drake.
5. Who says the Massacre of St. Bartholomew is the greatest crime since the Crucifixion?
(a) Lord Burleigh.
(b) The Earl of Leicester.
(c) The Pope.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Parliament want to force Queen Elizabeth to do?
2. Who becomes Lord High Admiral of the English navy after King Henry VIII's death?
3. Where is the Duke of Norfolk sent to at the end of Chapter 12?
4. What Catholic does William Cecil think will ascend to the throne and revive Catholicism in England if the Protestant Queen Elizabeth dies without a child?
5. Who does Queen Elizabeth suggest as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)