|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion does Catherine Parr encourage Princess Elizabeth and Prince Edward to study?
(c) The Reformed Church.
2. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth I's physical appearance?
(a) She closely resembles her father, Henry VIII.
(b) She has her mother's sallow and dark complexion.
(c) She has red-gold hair and very fair skin.
(d) Her eyes are golden and large-pupiled from short sight.
3. What happens to Lady Lennox as a result of her matchmaking for a youth of royal blood without the Crown's permission?
(a) She is banished to Scotland.
(b) She is imprisoned in the Tower.
(c) She is hung.
(d) She is beheaded.
4. What does Sir Thomas Gresham establish in London on Cornhill in 1571?
(a) A glass-making shop.
(b) A seat of commercial exchange.
(c) A silk cloth manufacturing firm.
(d) A printing shop.
5. When the Earl of Oxford mistreats his wife, Ann, to what does Burleigh attribute the younger man's misbehavior?
(a) Ann's infidelity.
(b) Oxford's preference for another woman.
(c) Burleigh's refusal to loan Oxford a large sum of money.
(d) The Earl's Catholicism and Ann's Protestantism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Queen Elizabeth send Mary Stuart to at the end of Chapter 11?
2. Who says the Massacre of St. Bartholomew is the greatest crime since the Crucifixion?
3. What story arose about Elizabeth I's appearance after the age of thirty?
4. Whose household does Princess Elizabeth live in after her father's death?
5. What colors does Queen Elizabeth tell Spanish ambassador Don Guzman de Silva are her colors?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)