|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Catholic does William Cecil think will ascend to the throne and revive Catholicism in England if the Protestant Queen Elizabeth dies without a child?
(a) Mary Tudor.
(b) Prince Philip of Spain.
(c) Edward Courtenay.
(d) The Duke of Norfolk.
2. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to divorce Lord Darnley?
(a) It could throw doubt on the legitimacy of her son.
(b) Darnley has threatened to kill her if she divorces him.
(c) It is a sin to divorce in her eyes.
(d) She loves him.
3. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
(a) The Duke of Norfolk.
(b) Edward Courtenay.
(c) Prince Philip of Spain.
(d) Sir Philip Sidney.
4. What famous poem does Sir Philip Sidney write in honor of the woman he loves?
(a) Love Song to an Enchantress.
(c) Silver Fairies and Golden Gnomes,
(d) Astrophel and Stella.
5. What religion does Catherine Parr encourage Princess Elizabeth and Prince Edward to study?
(d) The Reformed Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Elizabeth give a lock of graying red hair in 1572 when she is 39 years-old?
2. Who says the Massacre of St. Bartholomew is the greatest crime since the Crucifixion?
3. When the Earl of Oxford mistreats his wife, Ann, to what does Burleigh attribute the younger man's misbehavior?
4. What happens to Princess Elizabeth's mother when the princess is just a toddler?
5. What colors does Queen Elizabeth tell Spanish ambassador Don Guzman de Silva are her colors?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)