|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lord Burleigh's son-in-law, the Earl of Oxford, become angry with Lord Burleigh in Chapter 17?
(a) Burleigh fails to save Oxford's cousin, the Duke of Norfolk.
(b) Burleigh borrows money from Oxford and fails to repay it.
(c) Burleigh forbids him to gamble.
(d) Burleigh accuses him of infidelity to his wife.
2. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who is caught with the teenage Princess Elizabeth in his arms and eventually taken to the Tower and executed for planning to marry her without the king's Privy Council?
(a) Thomas Seymour.
(b) Lord Burleigh.
(c) Edward Seymour.
(d) Robert Dudley, The Earl of Leicester.
3. What Catholic does William Cecil think will ascend to the throne and revive Catholicism in England if the Protestant Queen Elizabeth dies without a child?
(a) Edward Courtenay.
(b) Prince Philip of Spain.
(c) Mary Tudor.
(d) The Duke of Norfolk.
4. How long has Queen Elizabeth ruled England at 37 years-old?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 12 years.
5. In Chapter 5 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, what act do Parliament and the Privy Council pass?
(a) The Act of Supremacy and Uniformity.
(b) A law raising taxes.
(c) A law making Robert Dudley her heir.
(d) A law outlawing Catholicism in England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth ride in through London to Westminster on the Saturday before her coronation?
2. When Queen Elizabeth is 40 years-old, what trait has become more pronounced in her?
3. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
4. How do Scotland's Protestant Lords deal with Lord Darnley?
5. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)