|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has a medal made to commemorate the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
(a) Mary Stuart.
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
(c) The Pope.
(d) Catherine de Medici.
2. How do others see Lord Darnley?
(a) As a spiritual leader.
(b) As a scholar.
(c) As a brilliant politician.
(d) As a brainless, arrogant fool.
3. What does the author say hair is washed with during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
(c) Lavender and roses.
(d) Olive oil.
4. How does the author say teeth are cleaned during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
(a) Teeth were never cleaned then.
(b) By using a toothbrush just like people today use.
(c) By rubbing them with a cloth and using a toothpick.
(d) By rinsing the mouth with water and salt.
5. What colors does Queen Elizabeth tell Spanish ambassador Don Guzman de Silva are her colors?
(a) Yellow and white.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Red, green, and blue.
(d) Black, red, and gray.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Queen Elizabeth has an abscessed tooth but fears to have her tooth pulled, what convinces her to consent to have the procedure done?
2. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
3. How many people attend the state banquet in Westminster hall to celebrate Queen Elizabeth's coronation?
4. Who does Catherine de Medici propose as a husband for Mary Stuart in Chapter 15?
5. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to ratify the Treaty of Edinburgh?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)