|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to ratify the Treaty of Edinburgh?
(a) It gives Scotland to Spain.
(b) It gives Scotland to Elizabeth.
(c) It recognizes Elizabeth as Queen of England.
(d) It gives Scotland to France.
2. What keeps Queen Elizabeth's complexion so white?
(a) Elizabeth avoids sunlight.
(b) A lotion of egg white, eggshell, alum, borax & poppyseeds.
(c) Elizabeth is an albino.
(d) Elizabeth wears a white powder.
3. Where do Catholics massacre Protestants in great numbers in the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
(c) Paris, France.
(d) Rome, Italy.
4. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
(a) Lady Jane Grey.
(b) The Duke of Northumberland.
(c) Sir Philip Sidney.
(d) The Earl of Essex.
5. Which of the following actions does not occur in response to what Queen Elizabeth does with the cargo of the four Spanish ships?
(a) A peace treaty is signed between England and Spain.
(b) England seizes property of Spanish men in England.
(c) Spain seizes English merchants' goods in the Netherlands.
(d) Spain imprisons English merchants in the Netherlands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Queen Elizabeth ask to see when she visits Dr. John Dee at the beginning of Chapter 18?
2. Who marries his son to Lady Jane Grey because of her place in the line of succession to the throne of England?
3. When the Earl of Leicester marries in 1578, what step does his bride's father take to ensure the marriage is legal?
4. What powerful country supports the marriage of Mary Stuart to Darnley?
5. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)