|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Queen Elizabeth suggest as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
(a) Lord Darnley.
(b) Lord Robert Dudley.
(c) Sir William Cecil.
(d) King Philip of Spain.
2. How do others see Lord Darnley?
(a) As a brainless, arrogant fool.
(b) As a scholar.
(c) As a spiritual leader.
(d) As a brilliant politician.
3. What Catholic does William Cecil think will ascend to the throne and revive Catholicism in England if the Protestant Queen Elizabeth dies without a child?
(a) Edward Courtenay.
(b) Prince Philip of Spain.
(c) Mary Tudor.
(d) The Duke of Norfolk.
4. Who keeps Princess Elizabeth from her dying brother's bedside and intercepts her correspondence to the young king?
(a) The Earl of Essex.
(b) The Duke of Northumberland.
(c) Edward Seymour.
(d) Thomas Seymour.
5. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
(a) A plot that results in Elizabeth going to the Tower.
(b) A plan to stop the Spanish marriage of Queen Mary.
(c) A plot to marry Princess Elizabeth to Edward Courtenay.
(d) A French plot to make Mary Stuart Queen of England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Earl of Leicester tell the French ambassador that Queen Elizabeth said about marriage when she was eight years-old?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Parliament want to force Queen Elizabeth to do?
3. What debts does Queen Elizabeth pay off in 1573?
4. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
5. Who becomes King of Scotland when Mary Stuart is forced to abdicate?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)