|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Lady Lennox as a result of her matchmaking for a youth of royal blood without the Crown's permission?
(a) She is banished to Scotland.
(b) She is beheaded.
(c) She is hung.
(d) She is imprisoned in the Tower.
2. In Chapter 5 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, what act do Parliament and the Privy Council pass?
(a) A law outlawing Catholicism in England.
(b) A law making Robert Dudley her heir.
(c) A law raising taxes.
(d) The Act of Supremacy and Uniformity.
3. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
4. Who raises Lord Burleigh's grandchildren?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) Lord Burleigh's daughter, Ann.
(c) Sir Francis Walsingham.
(d) Lord Burleigh and his wife.
5. What kind of stockings does Mrs. Montagu give Queen Elizabeth in 1560?
(a) Knitted silk stockings.
(b) Wool stockings.
(c) Taffeta stockings.
(d) Worsted stockings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lord Burleigh's son-in-law, the Earl of Oxford, become angry with Lord Burleigh in Chapter 17?
2. Who is murdered in the presence of the pregnant Mary Stuart?
3. When Queen Elizabeth has an abscessed tooth but fears to have her tooth pulled, what convinces her to consent to have the procedure done?
4. When Amy Dudley is found at the bottom of a staircase with a broken neck, who is immediately suspected of murdering her?
5. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who is caught with the teenage Princess Elizabeth in his arms and eventually taken to the Tower and executed for planning to marry her without the king's Privy Council?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)