|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Scotland's Protestant Lords deal with Lord Darnley?
(a) They force him to divorce Mary Stuart.
(b) They drown him.
(c) They imprison him.
(d) They blow up his house and strangle him.
2. What is William Cecil's relationship with Elizabeth in Chapter 4?
(a) He is her guard while she is in the tower.
(b) He is her Secretary of State.
(c) He is her cousin.
(d) He is her lover.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Parliament want to force Queen Elizabeth to do?
(a) Declare war on France.
(b) Declare war on Spain.
(c) Surrender her throne to Catherine Grey.
4. During her era, what is unusual about the way Queen Elizabeth bathes?
(a) She only bathes once a year.
(b) She bathes in icy water.
(c) She does not use soap.
(d) She bathes her entire body in an oval bath.
5. Who becomes Lord High Admiral of the English navy after King Henry VIII's death?
(a) Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester.
(b) Thomas Seymour, Somerset's brother & Edward's uncle.
(c) Sir Francis Drake.
(d) Sir Christopher Hatton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Catholic does William Cecil think will ascend to the throne and revive Catholicism in England if the Protestant Queen Elizabeth dies without a child?
2. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
3. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who is caught with the teenage Princess Elizabeth in his arms and eventually taken to the Tower and executed for planning to marry her without the king's Privy Council?
4. Who does Elizabeth choose as her Master of the Horse when she first becomes queen?
5. In Chapter 5 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, what act do Parliament and the Privy Council pass?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)