|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe the effect the book's focus has on the book's shape?
(a) The shape of the book is very irregular.
(b) Some minor events are relayed in great detail.
(c) The book is arranged in chronological order.
(d) Some important events get a very brief mention.
2. According to the introduction, on what does the book focus?
(a) The Protestant Reformation.
(b) The Spanish Armada.
(c) Life in England during Elizabeth's reign.
(d) Queen Elizabeth I.
3. What kind of ships is the English channel swarming with at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) French ships.
(b) Swedish ships.
(c) Spanish ships.
(d) Pirate ships.
4. When representatives of Parliament beg the queen to marry, who does Queen Elizabeth claim to already be married to?
(a) Lord Robert Dudley.
(b) The Kingdom of England.
(c) Sir William Cecil.
(d) Sir Christopher Hatton.
5. Who keeps Princess Elizabeth from her dying brother's bedside and intercepts her correspondence to the young king?
(a) Thomas Seymour.
(b) The Earl of Essex.
(c) The Duke of Northumberland.
(d) Edward Seymour.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
2. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
3. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to divorce Lord Darnley?
4. Who is murdered in the presence of the pregnant Mary Stuart?
5. What religion does Catherine Parr encourage Princess Elizabeth and Prince Edward to study?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)