|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following actions does not occur in response to what Queen Elizabeth does with the cargo of the four Spanish ships?
(a) England seizes property of Spanish men in England.
(b) Spain imprisons English merchants in the Netherlands.
(c) A peace treaty is signed between England and Spain.
(d) Spain seizes English merchants' goods in the Netherlands.
2. What powerful country supports the marriage of Mary Stuart to Darnley?
3. What happens to Princess Elizabeth's mother when the princess is just a toddler?
(a) She dies of smallpox.
(b) She is accused of adultery and treason and beheaded.
(c) She dies in childbirth.
(d) She drowns at sea while traveling with the king.
4. How do Scotland's Protestant Lords deal with Lord Darnley?
(a) They force him to divorce Mary Stuart.
(b) They drown him.
(c) They blow up his house and strangle him.
(d) They imprison him.
5. According to King Henry's will, what is the order of succession to the throne?
(a) Lady Jane Grey, Edward, Mary.
(b) Mary, Elizabeth, Edward.
(c) Mary, Edward, Lady Jane Grey.
(d) Edward, Mary, Elizabeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Parliament want to force Queen Elizabeth to do?
2. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
3. In Chapter 5 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, what act do Parliament and the Privy Council pass?
4. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
5. What colors does Queen Elizabeth tell Spanish ambassador Don Guzman de Silva are her colors?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)