|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Queen Elizabeth's suitors does Sir William Cecil draw a table of the pros and cons of the potential marriage?
(a) Archduke Charles.
(b) King Philip of Spain.
(c) The Earl of Leicester.
(d) Prince Alenzon.
2. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who appoints himself Duke of Somerset and Protector and advisor to young King Edward after King Henry VIII's death?
(a) Thomas Seymour, brother of the young king's dead mother.
(b) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(c) Edward Seymour, brother of the young king's dead mother.
(d) Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester.
3. When representatives of Parliament beg the queen to marry, who does Queen Elizabeth claim to already be married to?
(a) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(b) Lord Robert Dudley.
(c) The Kingdom of England.
(d) Sir William Cecil.
4. When Amy Dudley is found at the bottom of a staircase with a broken neck, who is immediately suspected of murdering her?
(a) Mary Stuart.
(b) Her husband, Lord Robert Dudley.
(c) William Cecil.
(d) Sir Christopher Hammond.
5. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
(a) Prince Philip of Spain.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) The Duke of Northumberland and Lady Jane Grey.
(d) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Queen Elizabeth suggest as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
2. What does Elizabeth ride in through London to Westminster on the Saturday before her coronation?
3. Who keeps Princess Elizabeth from her dying brother's bedside and intercepts her correspondence to the young king?
4. Where does Queen Elizabeth send Mary Stuart to at the end of Chapter 11?
5. What married man does Mary Stuart take as her lover in Chapter 11?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)