|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes Lord High Admiral of the English navy after King Henry VIII's death?
(a) Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester.
(b) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(c) Thomas Seymour, Somerset's brother & Edward's uncle.
(d) Sir Francis Drake.
2. Who becomes King of Scotland when Mary Stuart is forced to abdicate?
(a) Lord Bothwell.
(b) Lord Darnley.
(c) The Earl of Leicester.
(d) James, her 13 month-old son.
3. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
(a) Her country is short of funds, men, and ships.
(b) She is Catholic.
(c) She fears retribution from Mary Stuart.
(d) She fears French intervention on Scotland's behalf.
4. What does the author say the aim of the book is in the introduction?
(a) To collect interesting personal information about Elizabeth I.
(b) To show how similar Elizabeth I was to her father Henry VIII.
(c) To record the history of the Tudor dynasty.
(d) To earn the author a doctoral degree.
5. What does the Earl of Leicester tell the French ambassador that Queen Elizabeth said about marriage when she was eight years-old?
(a) That she could not wait to marry.
(b) That she would never marry.
(c) That she wanted to marry Leicester.
(d) That she would marry six times like her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Catherine Parr encourage Princess Elizabeth and Prince Edward to study?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Parliament want to force Queen Elizabeth to do?
3. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to divorce Lord Darnley?
4. Whose household does Princess Elizabeth live in after her father's death?
5. What does the French ambassador tell the Spanish ambassador about the way Queen Elizabeth spent New Year's Night in 1566?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)