|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Amy Dudley is found at the bottom of a staircase with a broken neck, who is immediately suspected of murdering her?
(a) William Cecil.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) Sir Christopher Hammond.
(d) Her husband, Lord Robert Dudley.
2. Where does Queen Elizabeth send Mary Stuart to at the end of Chapter 11?
(c) Tutbury Castle.
(d) Hatfield Palace.
3. What is William Cecil's relationship with Elizabeth in Chapter 4?
(a) He is her lover.
(b) He is her Secretary of State.
(c) He is her guard while she is in the tower.
(d) He is her cousin.
4. Which of the following statements does not describe the effect the book's focus has on the book's shape?
(a) Some minor events are relayed in great detail.
(b) Some important events get a very brief mention.
(c) The shape of the book is very irregular.
(d) The book is arranged in chronological order.
5. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
(a) English Catholics try to put her on the English throne.
(b) She gets smallpox.
(c) Her request for a passport is denied.
(d) Her boat capsizes in the English Channel.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Parliament want to force Queen Elizabeth to do?
2. What are pearls said to symbolize?
3. Why is Queen Elizabeth called "Queen of the Sea?"
4. According to some books on heraldry of the period, what do the colors Queen Elizabeth tells Don Guzman de Silva are hers represent?
5. Who does the Spanish Ambassador Don Gerau de Spies plot to marry to Mary Stuart to restore Catholicism to England?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)