|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
(a) He is her grandfather.
(b) He is her father.
(c) He is her uncle.
(d) He is her great uncle.
2. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who appoints himself Duke of Somerset and Protector and advisor to young King Edward after King Henry VIII's death?
(a) Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester.
(b) Edward Seymour, brother of the young king's dead mother.
(c) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(d) Thomas Seymour, brother of the young king's dead mother.
3. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
(a) Jane Seymour, King Henry VIII's third wife.
(b) Catherine Howard, King Henry VIII's fifth wife.
(c) Ann Boleyn, King Henry VIII's second wife.
(d) Catherine of Aragon, King Henry VIII's first wife.
4. Which of the following actions does not occur in response to what Queen Elizabeth does with the cargo of the four Spanish ships?
(a) England seizes property of Spanish men in England.
(b) Spain seizes English merchants' goods in the Netherlands.
(c) A peace treaty is signed between England and Spain.
(d) Spain imprisons English merchants in the Netherlands.
5. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
(a) The Duke of Norfolk.
(b) Edward Courtenay.
(c) Prince Philip of Spain.
(d) Sir Philip Sidney.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Mary Stuart agrees to accept the husband Queen Elizabeth suggests for her, what might Elizabeth consent to do for Mary?
2. Who does Queen Elizabeth suggest as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
3. Who wants to marry Don Carlos, a criminal lunatic, to gain an alliance with Spain to help dethrone Elizabeth?
4. Which of the following statements does not describe the effect the book's focus has on the book's shape?
5. What colors does Queen Elizabeth tell Spanish ambassador Don Guzman de Silva are her colors?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)