|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to marry Don Carlos, a criminal lunatic, to gain an alliance with Spain to help dethrone Elizabeth?
(a) Catherine Grey.
(b) Lettice Devereux.
(c) Mary Stuart.
2. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth I's physical appearance?
(a) She has her mother's sallow and dark complexion.
(b) Her eyes are golden and large-pupiled from short sight.
(c) She has red-gold hair and very fair skin.
(d) She closely resembles her father, Henry VIII.
3. What does Queen Elizabeth do with the cargo of the Spanish ships?
(a) Takes it to the Tower and keeps it.
(b) Sends it to Spain.
(c) Gives it away to her people.
(d) Sends it to France.
4. With Spain supporting Mary Stuart and planning to invade England on her behalf, with what country is it important for Queen Elizabeth and England to form an alliance?
5. What story arose about Elizabeth I's appearance after the age of thirty?
(a) That she was illegitimate and did not deserve the throne.
(b) That she could not have children.
(c) That she was secretly married to the Earl of Leicester.
(d) That she was bald.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following actions does not occur in response to what Queen Elizabeth does with the cargo of the four Spanish ships?
2. According to the introduction, on what does the book focus?
3. What disease does Queen Elizabeth contract and nearly die of?
4. When Mary Stuart demands that Queen Elizabeth send her clothes suitable for her position, what does one of Elizabeth's maids send Mary?
5. What do four Spanish ships that take refuge in Plymouth and Southampton in December 1568 carry?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)