|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the French ambassador tell the Spanish ambassador about the way Queen Elizabeth spent New Year's Night in 1566?
(a) He says she watched a play.
(b) He says she slept with the Earl of Leicester that night.
(c) He says she danced and played the virginals.
(d) He says she got drunk.
2. How do others see Lord Darnley?
(a) As a brainless, arrogant fool.
(b) As a scholar.
(c) As a brilliant politician.
(d) As a spiritual leader.
3. What does the Earl of Leicester tell the French ambassador that Queen Elizabeth said about marriage when she was eight years-old?
(a) That she wanted to marry Leicester.
(b) That she could not wait to marry.
(c) That she would never marry.
(d) That she would marry six times like her father.
4. What does Queen Elizabeth do with the cargo of the Spanish ships?
(a) Sends it to Spain.
(b) Takes it to the Tower and keeps it.
(c) Sends it to France.
(d) Gives it away to her people.
5. Whose household does Princess Elizabeth live in after her father's death?
(a) Her half sister, Mary Tudor.
(b) The Duke of Somerset.
(c) Her stepmother, Catherine Parr, the Queen Dowager.
(d) Mary Stuart.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, what act do Parliament and the Privy Council pass?
2. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
3. Who becomes King of Scotland when Mary Stuart is forced to abdicate?
4. Which of the following actions does not occur in response to what Queen Elizabeth does with the cargo of the four Spanish ships?
5. When Mary Stuart demands that Queen Elizabeth send her clothes suitable for her position, what does one of Elizabeth's maids send Mary?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)