|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color robes does Queen Elizabeth wear for her crowning?
2. During her era, what is unusual about the way Queen Elizabeth bathes?
(a) She bathes her entire body in an oval bath.
(b) She only bathes once a year.
(c) She bathes in icy water.
(d) She does not use soap.
3. Who wants to marry Don Carlos, a criminal lunatic, to gain an alliance with Spain to help dethrone Elizabeth?
(b) Lettice Devereux.
(c) Catherine Grey.
(d) Mary Stuart.
4. What do four Spanish ships that take refuge in Plymouth and Southampton in December 1568 carry?
(a) A potential bridegroom for Queen Elizabeth.
(b) Soldiers to invade the English coast.
(c) 85,000 pounds of gold.
(d) Jewels and silks from the Orient.
5. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
(a) Elizabeth's nine-year-old half brother, Edward.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) Elizabeth's 27 year-old half sister, Mary Tudor.
(d) Lady Jane Grey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Earl of Leicester tell the French ambassador that Queen Elizabeth said about marriage when she was eight years-old?
2. Who does Queen Elizabeth suggest as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
3. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
4. What kind of ships is the English channel swarming with at the beginning of Chapter 12?
5. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to divorce Lord Darnley?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)