|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows over familiarity with the queen by taking her napkin out of her hand to wipe his sweaty face during a tennis game?
(a) King Philip of Spain.
(b) Philip Sidney.
(c) Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester.
(d) The Duke of Norfolk.
2. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
(a) Her request for a passport is denied.
(b) Her boat capsizes in the English Channel.
(c) She gets smallpox.
(d) English Catholics try to put her on the English throne.
3. What disease does Queen Elizabeth contract and nearly die of?
4. Where does Queen Elizabeth send Mary Stuart to at the end of Chapter 11?
(b) Tutbury Castle.
(d) Hatfield Palace.
5. What does the Earl of Leicester tell the French ambassador that Queen Elizabeth said about marriage when she was eight years-old?
(a) That she could not wait to marry.
(b) That she would marry six times like her father.
(c) That she wanted to marry Leicester.
(d) That she would never marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth ride in through London to Westminster on the Saturday before her coronation?
2. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
3. In Chapter 5 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, what act do Parliament and the Privy Council pass?
4. What happens to Princess Elizabeth's mother when the princess is just a toddler?
5. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)