|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to King Henry's will, what is the order of succession to the throne?
(a) Edward, Mary, Elizabeth.
(b) Lady Jane Grey, Edward, Mary.
(c) Mary, Edward, Lady Jane Grey.
(d) Mary, Elizabeth, Edward.
2. Where does the author say she gets her information about the queen from?
(a) Various sources already published.
(b) Secret diaries of Lord Burleigh.
(c) Secret diaries of Queen Elizabeth.
(d) Spanish and French documents about Elizabeth I.
3. Who becomes Lord High Admiral of the English navy after King Henry VIII's death?
(a) Thomas Seymour, Somerset's brother & Edward's uncle.
(b) Sir Francis Drake.
(c) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(d) Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester.
4. Which of Queen Elizabeth's suitors does Sir William Cecil draw a table of the pros and cons of the potential marriage?
(a) Prince Alenzon.
(b) King Philip of Spain.
(c) Archduke Charles.
(d) The Earl of Leicester.
5. Whose household does Princess Elizabeth live in after her father's death?
(a) Her half sister, Mary Tudor.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) Her stepmother, Catherine Parr, the Queen Dowager.
(d) The Duke of Somerset.
Short Answer Questions
1. With Spain supporting Mary Stuart and planning to invade England on her behalf, with what country is it important for Queen Elizabeth and England to form an alliance?
2. What do four Spanish ships that take refuge in Plymouth and Southampton in December 1568 carry?
3. Who agrees to be the godmother to the infant son of Mary Stuart?
4. When Mary Stuart demands that Queen Elizabeth send her clothes suitable for her position, what does one of Elizabeth's maids send Mary?
5. What does the author say the aim of the book is in the introduction?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)