|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes Lord High Admiral of the English navy after King Henry VIII's death?
(a) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(b) Thomas Seymour, Somerset's brother & Edward's uncle.
(c) Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester.
(d) Sir Francis Drake.
2. Who keeps Princess Elizabeth from her dying brother's bedside and intercepts her correspondence to the young king?
(a) The Duke of Northumberland.
(b) Thomas Seymour.
(c) Edward Seymour.
(d) The Earl of Essex.
3. Which of the following actions does not occur in response to what Queen Elizabeth does with the cargo of the four Spanish ships?
(a) A peace treaty is signed between England and Spain.
(b) Spain seizes English merchants' goods in the Netherlands.
(c) England seizes property of Spanish men in England.
(d) Spain imprisons English merchants in the Netherlands.
4. What does the French ambassador tell the Spanish ambassador about the way Queen Elizabeth spent New Year's Night in 1566?
(a) He says she watched a play.
(b) He says she danced and played the virginals.
(c) He says she slept with the Earl of Leicester that night.
(d) He says she got drunk.
5. According to King Henry's will, what is the order of succession to the throne?
(a) Mary, Edward, Lady Jane Grey.
(b) Edward, Mary, Elizabeth.
(c) Lady Jane Grey, Edward, Mary.
(d) Mary, Elizabeth, Edward.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to divorce Lord Darnley?
2. What story arose about Elizabeth I's appearance after the age of thirty?
3. Who does Elizabeth choose as her Master of the Horse when she first becomes queen?
4. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
5. Who is murdered in the presence of the pregnant Mary Stuart?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)