|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease does Queen Elizabeth contract and nearly die of?
2. Who shows over familiarity with the queen by taking her napkin out of her hand to wipe his sweaty face during a tennis game?
(a) The Duke of Norfolk.
(b) Philip Sidney.
(c) King Philip of Spain.
(d) Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester.
3. What story arose about Elizabeth I's appearance after the age of thirty?
(a) That she could not have children.
(b) That she was illegitimate and did not deserve the throne.
(c) That she was bald.
(d) That she was secretly married to the Earl of Leicester.
4. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who is caught with the teenage Princess Elizabeth in his arms and eventually taken to the Tower and executed for planning to marry her without the king's Privy Council?
(a) Thomas Seymour.
(b) Robert Dudley, The Earl of Leicester.
(c) Edward Seymour.
(d) Lord Burleigh.
5. In Chapter 5 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, what act do Parliament and the Privy Council pass?
(a) A law making Robert Dudley her heir.
(b) The Act of Supremacy and Uniformity.
(c) A law outlawing Catholicism in England.
(d) A law raising taxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Queen Elizabeth hesitates to intervene in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland, how does William Cecil persuade her to take action?
2. Who marries his son to Lady Jane Grey because of her place in the line of succession to the throne of England?
3. What happens to bring Princess Elizabeth to the English throne in place of Mary, her sister?
4. What happens to Lord Darnley in Edinburgh the day before he marries Mary Stuart?
5. What does the French ambassador tell the Spanish ambassador about the way Queen Elizabeth spent New Year's Night in 1566?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)