|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Elizabeth choose as her Master of the Horse when she first becomes queen?
(a) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
(b) Sir Francis Drake.
(c) Lord Robert Dudley.
(d) Sir Christopher Hatton.
2. Who wants to marry Don Carlos, a criminal lunatic, to gain an alliance with Spain to help dethrone Elizabeth?
(a) Catherine Grey.
(b) Lettice Devereux.
(d) Mary Stuart.
3. To whom does Elizabeth give a lock of graying red hair in 1572 when she is 39 years-old?
(a) King Philip of Spain.
(b) The poet, Sir Philip Sidney.
(c) The Earl of Essex.
(d) The Pope.
4. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
5. Who is murdered in the presence of the pregnant Mary Stuart?
(b) Catherine de Medici.
(c) Lady Lennox.
(d) Lord Darnley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
2. Who promotes Lord Darnley as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
3. Which of Queen Elizabeth's suitors does Sir William Cecil draw a table of the pros and cons of the potential marriage?
4. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
5. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to ratify the Treaty of Edinburgh?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)