|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
(a) Catherine of Aragon, King Henry VIII's first wife.
(b) Catherine Howard, King Henry VIII's fifth wife.
(c) Jane Seymour, King Henry VIII's third wife.
(d) Ann Boleyn, King Henry VIII's second wife.
2. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
(a) The Duke of Northumberland.
(b) Lady Jane Grey.
(c) Sir Philip Sidney.
(d) The Earl of Essex.
3. Why is Queen Elizabeth called "Queen of the Sea?"
(a) Because of her interest in the Navy.
(b) Because she swims a lot.
(c) Because England is a seafaring nation.
(d) Because she has a large Navy.
4. Who promotes Lord Darnley as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
(a) His mother, Lady Lennox.
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
(c) William Cecil.
(d) The Earl of Leicester.
5. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Lord Darnley in Edinburgh the day before he marries Mary Stuart?
2. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
3. What are pearls said to symbolize?
4. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
5. When Mary Stuart demands that Queen Elizabeth send her clothes suitable for her position, what does one of Elizabeth's maids send Mary?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)