|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What powerful country supports the marriage of Mary Stuart to Darnley?
2. In whom does Mary Stuart confide when her marriage to Lord Darnley becomes unhappy?
(a) Sir William Cecil.
(b) Rizzio, her Italian secretary.
(c) Queen Elizabeth of England.
(d) Lady Lennox.
3. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
(a) He is her great uncle.
(b) He is her father.
(c) He is her grandfather.
(d) He is her uncle.
4. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to ratify the Treaty of Edinburgh?
(a) It gives Scotland to France.
(b) It recognizes Elizabeth as Queen of England.
(c) It gives Scotland to Elizabeth.
(d) It gives Scotland to Spain.
5. To whom does Elizabeth give a lock of graying red hair in 1572 when she is 39 years-old?
(a) The Pope.
(b) King Philip of Spain.
(c) The poet, Sir Philip Sidney.
(d) The Earl of Essex.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Scotland's Protestant Lords deal with Lord Darnley?
2. What kind of ships is the English channel swarming with at the beginning of Chapter 12?
3. Who does Elizabeth choose as her Master of the Horse when she first becomes queen?
4. What does Elizabeth ride in through London to Westminster on the Saturday before her coronation?
5. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to divorce Lord Darnley?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)