|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color robes does Queen Elizabeth wear for her crowning?
2. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
(a) Elizabeth's 27 year-old half sister, Mary Tudor.
(b) Lady Jane Grey.
(c) Mary Stuart.
(d) Elizabeth's nine-year-old half brother, Edward.
3. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
(a) The Earl of Essex.
(b) The Duke of Northumberland.
(c) Sir Philip Sidney.
(d) Lady Jane Grey.
4. What story arose about Elizabeth I's appearance after the age of thirty?
(a) That she was bald.
(b) That she was secretly married to the Earl of Leicester.
(c) That she was illegitimate and did not deserve the throne.
(d) That she could not have children.
5. Who becomes King of Scotland when Mary Stuart is forced to abdicate?
(a) The Earl of Leicester.
(b) James, her 13 month-old son.
(c) Lord Bothwell.
(d) Lord Darnley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to divorce Lord Darnley?
2. Who does Elizabeth choose as her Master of the Horse when she first becomes queen?
3. What do the Catholic bishops not want to do for Queen Elizabeth's coronation?
4. To whom does Elizabeth give a lock of graying red hair in 1572 when she is 39 years-old?
5. Who becomes Lord High Admiral of the English navy after King Henry VIII's death?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)