|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the French ambassador tell the Spanish ambassador about the way Queen Elizabeth spent New Year's Night in 1566?
(a) He says she got drunk.
(b) He says she watched a play.
(c) He says she danced and played the virginals.
(d) He says she slept with the Earl of Leicester that night.
2. What story arose about Elizabeth I's appearance after the age of thirty?
(a) That she was illegitimate and did not deserve the throne.
(b) That she was bald.
(c) That she could not have children.
(d) That she was secretly married to the Earl of Leicester.
3. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
4. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to divorce Lord Darnley?
(a) It could throw doubt on the legitimacy of her son.
(b) She loves him.
(c) It is a sin to divorce in her eyes.
(d) Darnley has threatened to kill her if she divorces him.
5. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
(a) She fears retribution from Mary Stuart.
(b) She fears French intervention on Scotland's behalf.
(c) Her country is short of funds, men, and ships.
(d) She is Catholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
2. What are pearls said to symbolize?
3. In whom does Mary Stuart confide when her marriage to Lord Darnley becomes unhappy?
4. Who shows over familiarity with the queen by taking her napkin out of her hand to wipe his sweaty face during a tennis game?
5. What religion does Catherine Parr encourage Princess Elizabeth and Prince Edward to study?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)