|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes King of Scotland when Mary Stuart is forced to abdicate?
(a) The Earl of Leicester.
(b) Lord Bothwell.
(c) James, her 13 month-old son.
(d) Lord Darnley.
2. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who appoints himself Duke of Somerset and Protector and advisor to young King Edward after King Henry VIII's death?
(a) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(b) Thomas Seymour, brother of the young king's dead mother.
(c) Edward Seymour, brother of the young king's dead mother.
(d) Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester.
3. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
(a) A French plot to make Mary Stuart Queen of England.
(b) A plot that results in Elizabeth going to the Tower.
(c) A plot to marry Princess Elizabeth to Edward Courtenay.
(d) A plan to stop the Spanish marriage of Queen Mary.
4. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) He is her father.
(c) He is her grandfather.
(d) He is her great uncle.
5. To whom does Queen Elizabeth give the Earldom of Leicester?
(a) Lord Darnley.
(b) Sir William Cecil.
(c) Lord Robert Dudley.
(d) Edward Courtenay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose household does Princess Elizabeth live in after her father's death?
2. What married man does Mary Stuart take as her lover in Chapter 11?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Parliament want to force Queen Elizabeth to do?
4. What disease does Queen Elizabeth contract and nearly die of?
5. What colors does Queen Elizabeth tell Spanish ambassador Don Guzman de Silva are her colors?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)