|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color robes does Queen Elizabeth wear for her crowning?
2. What does the French ambassador tell the Spanish ambassador about the way Queen Elizabeth spent New Year's Night in 1566?
(a) He says she got drunk.
(b) He says she watched a play.
(c) He says she slept with the Earl of Leicester that night.
(d) He says she danced and played the virginals.
3. How do others see Lord Darnley?
(a) As a brilliant politician.
(b) As a brainless, arrogant fool.
(c) As a spiritual leader.
(d) As a scholar.
4. What does the author say the aim of the book is in the introduction?
(a) To record the history of the Tudor dynasty.
(b) To show how similar Elizabeth I was to her father Henry VIII.
(c) To collect interesting personal information about Elizabeth I.
(d) To earn the author a doctoral degree.
5. In whom does Mary Stuart confide when her marriage to Lord Darnley becomes unhappy?
(a) Sir William Cecil.
(b) Rizzio, her Italian secretary.
(c) Lady Lennox.
(d) Queen Elizabeth of England.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Mary Stuart agrees to accept the husband Queen Elizabeth suggests for her, what might Elizabeth consent to do for Mary?
2. With Spain supporting Mary Stuart and planning to invade England on her behalf, with what country is it important for Queen Elizabeth and England to form an alliance?
3. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
4. What does the Earl of Leicester tell the French ambassador that Queen Elizabeth said about marriage when she was eight years-old?
5. What does Elizabeth ride in through London to Westminster on the Saturday before her coronation?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)