|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whom does Mary Stuart confide when her marriage to Lord Darnley becomes unhappy?
(a) Sir William Cecil.
(b) Lady Lennox.
(c) Queen Elizabeth of England.
(d) Rizzio, her Italian secretary.
2. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
3. What does the Earl of Leicester tell the French ambassador that Queen Elizabeth said about marriage when she was eight years-old?
(a) That she could not wait to marry.
(b) That she would never marry.
(c) That she wanted to marry Leicester.
(d) That she would marry six times like her father.
4. What religion does Catherine Parr encourage Princess Elizabeth and Prince Edward to study?
(b) The Reformed Church.
5. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
(a) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) The Duke of Northumberland and Lady Jane Grey.
(d) Prince Philip of Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who promotes Lord Darnley as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
2. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
3. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to ratify the Treaty of Edinburgh?
4. What are pearls said to symbolize?
5. According to King Henry's will, what is the order of succession to the throne?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)