|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is William Cecil's relationship with Elizabeth in Chapter 4?
(a) He is her cousin.
(b) He is her lover.
(c) He is her guard while she is in the tower.
(d) He is her Secretary of State.
2. Which of Queen Elizabeth's suitors does Sir William Cecil draw a table of the pros and cons of the potential marriage?
(a) Archduke Charles.
(b) Prince Alenzon.
(c) The Earl of Leicester.
(d) King Philip of Spain.
3. To whom does Elizabeth give a lock of graying red hair in 1572 when she is 39 years-old?
(a) The poet, Sir Philip Sidney.
(b) The Pope.
(c) King Philip of Spain.
(d) The Earl of Essex.
4. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
(a) He is her father.
(b) He is her grandfather.
(c) He is her uncle.
(d) He is her great uncle.
5. Who does Elizabeth choose as her Master of the Horse when she first becomes queen?
(a) Lord Robert Dudley.
(b) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(c) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
(d) Sir Francis Drake.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the introduction, on what does the book focus?
2. Which of the following statements does not describe the effect the book's focus has on the book's shape?
3. Why is Queen Elizabeth called "Queen of the Sea?"
4. How many people attend the state banquet in Westminster hall to celebrate Queen Elizabeth's coronation?
5. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)