|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the introduction, on what does the book focus?
(a) The Protestant Reformation.
(b) Queen Elizabeth I.
(c) The Spanish Armada.
(d) Life in England during Elizabeth's reign.
2. If Mary Stuart agrees to accept the husband Queen Elizabeth suggests for her, what might Elizabeth consent to do for Mary?
(a) Give her an English estate.
(b) Give her an Army to help her take the French Crown.
(c) Be godmother to her children.
(d) Name her as heiress-presumptive to the English Crown.
3. What is William Cecil's relationship with Elizabeth in Chapter 4?
(a) He is her guard while she is in the tower.
(b) He is her lover.
(c) He is her Secretary of State.
(d) He is her cousin.
4. To whom does Queen Elizabeth give the Earldom of Leicester?
(a) Sir William Cecil.
(b) Edward Courtenay.
(c) Lord Robert Dudley.
(d) Lord Darnley.
5. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
(a) English Catholics try to put her on the English throne.
(b) Her boat capsizes in the English Channel.
(c) She gets smallpox.
(d) Her request for a passport is denied.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth I's physical appearance?
2. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
3. Where does the author say she gets her information about the queen from?
4. Which of the following statements does not describe the effect the book's focus has on the book's shape?
5. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to ratify the Treaty of Edinburgh?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)