|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Elizabeth give a lock of graying red hair in 1572 when she is 39 years-old?
(a) The Pope.
(b) King Philip of Spain.
(c) The Earl of Essex.
(d) The poet, Sir Philip Sidney.
2. Who is murdered in the presence of the pregnant Mary Stuart?
(a) Lord Darnley.
(c) Lady Lennox.
(d) Catherine de Medici.
3. What color robes does Queen Elizabeth wear for her crowning?
4. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
(a) When they are both imprisoned in the Tower of London.
(b) When Elizabeth almost dies of smallpox.
(c) When the Master of the Horse becomes Elizabeth's guardian.
(d) When Elizabeth's father dies.
5. What is William Cecil's relationship with Elizabeth in Chapter 4?
(a) He is her guard while she is in the tower.
(b) He is her Secretary of State.
(c) He is her lover.
(d) He is her cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who marries his son to Lady Jane Grey because of her place in the line of succession to the throne of England?
2. What happens to Princess Elizabeth's mother when the princess is just a toddler?
3. How does Queen Elizabeth revive the Royal Navy?
4. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Parliament want to force Queen Elizabeth to do?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)