|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is murdered in the presence of the pregnant Mary Stuart?
(b) Lord Darnley.
(c) Catherine de Medici.
(d) Lady Lennox.
2. Who marries his son to Lady Jane Grey because of her place in the line of succession to the throne of England?
(a) Thomas Seymour.
(b) Sir Francis Drake.
(c) The Duke of Northumberland.
(d) Philip Sidney.
3. What happens to Princess Elizabeth's mother when the princess is just a toddler?
(a) She dies of smallpox.
(b) She drowns at sea while traveling with the king.
(c) She is accused of adultery and treason and beheaded.
(d) She dies in childbirth.
4. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who appoints himself Duke of Somerset and Protector and advisor to young King Edward after King Henry VIII's death?
(a) Edward Seymour, brother of the young king's dead mother.
(b) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(c) Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester.
(d) Thomas Seymour, brother of the young king's dead mother.
5. What religion does Catherine Parr encourage Princess Elizabeth and Prince Edward to study?
(b) The Reformed Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to marry Don Carlos, a criminal lunatic, to gain an alliance with Spain to help dethrone Elizabeth?
2. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
3. Which of the following statements does not describe the effect the book's focus has on the book's shape?
4. Where does the author say she gets her information about the queen from?
5. What story arose about Elizabeth I's appearance after the age of thirty?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)