|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Amy Dudley is found at the bottom of a staircase with a broken neck, who is immediately suspected of murdering her?
(a) Sir Christopher Hammond.
(b) Her husband, Lord Robert Dudley.
(c) William Cecil.
(d) Mary Stuart.
2. Who expects to be named Queen Elizabeth's "heiress-presumptive"?
(a) Kat Ashley.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) Catherine Grey.
(d) Lady Lennox.
3. What powerful country supports the marriage of Mary Stuart to Darnley?
4. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
(a) The Earl of Essex.
(b) Lady Jane Grey.
(c) Sir Philip Sidney.
(d) The Duke of Northumberland.
5. What happens to Princess Elizabeth's mother when the princess is just a toddler?
(a) She drowns at sea while traveling with the king.
(b) She dies of smallpox.
(c) She is accused of adultery and treason and beheaded.
(d) She dies in childbirth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe the effect the book's focus has on the book's shape?
2. What does the author say the aim of the book is in the introduction?
3. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who is caught with the teenage Princess Elizabeth in his arms and eventually taken to the Tower and executed for planning to marry her without the king's Privy Council?
4. According to some books on heraldry of the period, what do the colors Queen Elizabeth tells Don Guzman de Silva are hers represent?
5. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)