|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whom does Mary Stuart confide when her marriage to Lord Darnley becomes unhappy?
(a) Lady Lennox.
(b) Sir William Cecil.
(c) Queen Elizabeth of England.
(d) Rizzio, her Italian secretary.
2. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who appoints himself Duke of Somerset and Protector and advisor to young King Edward after King Henry VIII's death?
(a) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(b) Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester.
(c) Thomas Seymour, brother of the young king's dead mother.
(d) Edward Seymour, brother of the young king's dead mother.
3. Who promotes Lord Darnley as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
(a) William Cecil.
(b) His mother, Lady Lennox.
(c) The Earl of Leicester.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
4. According to King Henry's will, what is the order of succession to the throne?
(a) Lady Jane Grey, Edward, Mary.
(b) Edward, Mary, Elizabeth.
(c) Mary, Edward, Lady Jane Grey.
(d) Mary, Elizabeth, Edward.
5. To whom does Elizabeth give a lock of graying red hair in 1572 when she is 39 years-old?
(a) King Philip of Spain.
(b) The Earl of Essex.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The poet, Sir Philip Sidney.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Parliament want to force Queen Elizabeth to do?
2. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
3. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
4. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
5. According to some books on heraldry of the period, what do the colors Queen Elizabeth tells Don Guzman de Silva are hers represent?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)