|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story arose about Elizabeth I's appearance after the age of thirty?
(a) That she was secretly married to the Earl of Leicester.
(b) That she was bald.
(c) That she was illegitimate and did not deserve the throne.
(d) That she could not have children.
2. To whom does Elizabeth give a lock of graying red hair in 1572 when she is 39 years-old?
(a) The Pope.
(b) King Philip of Spain.
(c) The Earl of Essex.
(d) The poet, Sir Philip Sidney.
3. What happens to Princess Elizabeth's mother when the princess is just a toddler?
(a) She is accused of adultery and treason and beheaded.
(b) She dies of smallpox.
(c) She drowns at sea while traveling with the king.
(d) She dies in childbirth.
4. What color robes does Queen Elizabeth wear for her crowning?
5. What happens to bring Princess Elizabeth to the English throne in place of Mary, her sister?
(a) Mary is overthrown by Mary Stuart and taken to the Tower.
(b) Elizabeth weds Edward Courtenay and overthrows Mary.
(c) Mary dies after a long illness.
(d) Mary is murdered by Protestant sympathizers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Catholic does William Cecil think will ascend to the throne and revive Catholicism in England if the Protestant Queen Elizabeth dies without a child?
2. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
3. What powerful country supports the marriage of Mary Stuart to Darnley?
4. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Parliament want to force Queen Elizabeth to do?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)