|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With Spain supporting Mary Stuart and planning to invade England on her behalf, with what country is it important for Queen Elizabeth and England to form an alliance?
2. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
(a) Sir Philip Sidney.
(b) Prince Philip of Spain.
(c) The Duke of Norfolk.
(d) Edward Courtenay.
3. Which of Queen Elizabeth's suitors does Sir William Cecil draw a table of the pros and cons of the potential marriage?
(a) King Philip of Spain.
(b) Prince Alenzon.
(c) The Earl of Leicester.
(d) Archduke Charles.
4. Who promotes Lord Darnley as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
(a) William Cecil.
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
(c) His mother, Lady Lennox.
(d) The Earl of Leicester.
5. Whose household does Princess Elizabeth live in after her father's death?
(a) The Duke of Somerset.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) Her stepmother, Catherine Parr, the Queen Dowager.
(d) Her half sister, Mary Tudor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Amy Dudley is found at the bottom of a staircase with a broken neck, who is immediately suspected of murdering her?
2. What color robes does Queen Elizabeth wear for her crowning?
3. What does the French ambassador tell the Spanish ambassador about the way Queen Elizabeth spent New Year's Night in 1566?
4. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
5. Who marries his son to Lady Jane Grey because of her place in the line of succession to the throne of England?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)