|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are pearls said to symbolize?
(d) Psychic ability.
2. What story arose about Elizabeth I's appearance after the age of thirty?
(a) That she was illegitimate and did not deserve the throne.
(b) That she could not have children.
(c) That she was bald.
(d) That she was secretly married to the Earl of Leicester.
3. What Catholic does William Cecil think will ascend to the throne and revive Catholicism in England if the Protestant Queen Elizabeth dies without a child?
(a) Prince Philip of Spain.
(b) Mary Tudor.
(c) The Duke of Norfolk.
(d) Edward Courtenay.
4. If Mary Stuart agrees to accept the husband Queen Elizabeth suggests for her, what might Elizabeth consent to do for Mary?
(a) Give her an English estate.
(b) Give her an Army to help her take the French Crown.
(c) Be godmother to her children.
(d) Name her as heiress-presumptive to the English Crown.
5. Who does Queen Elizabeth suggest as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
(a) Lord Darnley.
(b) Sir William Cecil.
(c) King Philip of Spain.
(d) Lord Robert Dudley.
Short Answer Questions
1. With Spain supporting Mary Stuart and planning to invade England on her behalf, with what country is it important for Queen Elizabeth and England to form an alliance?
2. Which of Queen Elizabeth's suitors does Sir William Cecil draw a table of the pros and cons of the potential marriage?
3. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
4. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth I's physical appearance?
5. According to King Henry's will, what is the order of succession to the throne?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)