|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who is caught with the teenage Princess Elizabeth in his arms and eventually taken to the Tower and executed for planning to marry her without the king's Privy Council?
(a) Lord Burleigh.
(b) Edward Seymour.
(c) Thomas Seymour.
(d) Robert Dudley, The Earl of Leicester.
2. What are pearls said to symbolize?
(c) Psychic ability.
3. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
(a) She is Catholic.
(b) She fears retribution from Mary Stuart.
(c) Her country is short of funds, men, and ships.
(d) She fears French intervention on Scotland's behalf.
4. What story arose about Elizabeth I's appearance after the age of thirty?
(a) That she was bald.
(b) That she was secretly married to the Earl of Leicester.
(c) That she could not have children.
(d) That she was illegitimate and did not deserve the throne.
5. Why is Queen Elizabeth called "Queen of the Sea?"
(a) Because of her interest in the Navy.
(b) Because she has a large Navy.
(c) Because England is a seafaring nation.
(d) Because she swims a lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who agrees to be the godmother to the infant son of Mary Stuart?
2. What colors does Queen Elizabeth tell Spanish ambassador Don Guzman de Silva are her colors?
3. To whom does Elizabeth give a lock of graying red hair in 1572 when she is 39 years-old?
4. If Mary Stuart agrees to accept the husband Queen Elizabeth suggests for her, what might Elizabeth consent to do for Mary?
5. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)