|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Queen Elizabeth give the Earldom of Leicester?
(a) Lord Darnley.
(b) Lord Robert Dudley.
(c) Edward Courtenay.
(d) Sir William Cecil.
2. What color robes does Queen Elizabeth wear for her crowning?
3. During her era, what is unusual about the way Queen Elizabeth bathes?
(a) She only bathes once a year.
(b) She does not use soap.
(c) She bathes in icy water.
(d) She bathes her entire body in an oval bath.
4. With Spain supporting Mary Stuart and planning to invade England on her behalf, with what country is it important for Queen Elizabeth and England to form an alliance?
5. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
(a) Prince Philip of Spain.
(b) The Duke of Northumberland and Lady Jane Grey.
(c) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
(d) Mary Stuart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
2. Who keeps Princess Elizabeth from her dying brother's bedside and intercepts her correspondence to the young king?
3. To whom does Elizabeth give a lock of graying red hair in 1572 when she is 39 years-old?
4. Who does Elizabeth choose as her Master of the Horse when she first becomes queen?
5. What happens to Lord Darnley in Edinburgh the day before he marries Mary Stuart?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)