|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is murdered in the presence of the pregnant Mary Stuart?
(a) Lady Lennox.
(b) Catherine de Medici.
(c) Lord Darnley.
2. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
(a) Catherine of Aragon, King Henry VIII's first wife.
(b) Jane Seymour, King Henry VIII's third wife.
(c) Ann Boleyn, King Henry VIII's second wife.
(d) Catherine Howard, King Henry VIII's fifth wife.
3. In Chapter 5 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, what act do Parliament and the Privy Council pass?
(a) A law outlawing Catholicism in England.
(b) The Act of Supremacy and Uniformity.
(c) A law making Robert Dudley her heir.
(d) A law raising taxes.
4. In whom does Mary Stuart confide when her marriage to Lord Darnley becomes unhappy?
(a) Lady Lennox.
(b) Queen Elizabeth of England.
(c) Rizzio, her Italian secretary.
(d) Sir William Cecil.
5. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
(a) A French plot to make Mary Stuart Queen of England.
(b) A plot that results in Elizabeth going to the Tower.
(c) A plot to marry Princess Elizabeth to Edward Courtenay.
(d) A plan to stop the Spanish marriage of Queen Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
2. What disease does Queen Elizabeth contract and nearly die of?
3. What Catholic does William Cecil think will ascend to the throne and revive Catholicism in England if the Protestant Queen Elizabeth dies without a child?
4. How many people attend the state banquet in Westminster hall to celebrate Queen Elizabeth's coronation?
5. Which of Queen Elizabeth's suitors does Sir William Cecil draw a table of the pros and cons of the potential marriage?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)