|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What colors does Queen Elizabeth tell Spanish ambassador Don Guzman de Silva are her colors?
(a) Red, green, and blue.
(b) Yellow and white.
(c) Black and white.
(d) Black, red, and gray.
2. According to the introduction, on what does the book focus?
(a) The Protestant Reformation.
(b) Queen Elizabeth I.
(c) The Spanish Armada.
(d) Life in England during Elizabeth's reign.
3. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
(a) Edward Courtenay.
(b) The Duke of Norfolk.
(c) Prince Philip of Spain.
(d) Sir Philip Sidney.
4. With Spain supporting Mary Stuart and planning to invade England on her behalf, with what country is it important for Queen Elizabeth and England to form an alliance?
5. When representatives of Parliament beg the queen to marry, who does Queen Elizabeth claim to already be married to?
(a) The Kingdom of England.
(b) Lord Robert Dudley.
(c) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(d) Sir William Cecil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to marry Don Carlos, a criminal lunatic, to gain an alliance with Spain to help dethrone Elizabeth?
2. When Queen Elizabeth hesitates to intervene in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland, how does William Cecil persuade her to take action?
3. What does the French ambassador tell the Spanish ambassador about the way Queen Elizabeth spent New Year's Night in 1566?
4. What powerful country supports the marriage of Mary Stuart to Darnley?
5. Who does Elizabeth choose as her Master of the Horse when she first becomes queen?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)