|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
(a) Sir Philip Sidney.
(b) The Earl of Essex.
(c) The Duke of Northumberland.
(d) Lady Jane Grey.
2. What does Elizabeth ride in through London to Westminster on the Saturday before her coronation?
(a) A golden coach.
(b) A coach draped with rubies and pearls.
(c) A chariot draped with crimson velvet.
(d) A silk-draped litter carried by eight footmen.
3. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
4. How many people attend the state banquet in Westminster hall to celebrate Queen Elizabeth's coronation?
5. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
(a) When the Master of the Horse becomes Elizabeth's guardian.
(b) When Elizabeth's father dies.
(c) When they are both imprisoned in the Tower of London.
(d) When Elizabeth almost dies of smallpox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease does Queen Elizabeth contract and nearly die of?
2. To whom does Elizabeth give a lock of graying red hair in 1572 when she is 39 years-old?
3. What happens to Princess Elizabeth's mother when the princess is just a toddler?
4. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth I's physical appearance?
5. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who appoints himself Duke of Somerset and Protector and advisor to young King Edward after King Henry VIII's death?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)