|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
(a) A plot that results in Elizabeth going to the Tower.
(b) A plot to marry Princess Elizabeth to Edward Courtenay.
(c) A plan to stop the Spanish marriage of Queen Mary.
(d) A French plot to make Mary Stuart Queen of England.
2. Which of Queen Elizabeth's suitors does Sir William Cecil draw a table of the pros and cons of the potential marriage?
(a) Archduke Charles.
(b) King Philip of Spain.
(c) The Earl of Leicester.
(d) Prince Alenzon.
3. What do the Catholic bishops not want to do for Queen Elizabeth's coronation?
(a) Crown the queen.
(b) Attend the ceremony.
(c) Bless the queen.
(d) Offer prayers for the queen.
4. Where does the author say she gets her information about the queen from?
(a) Secret diaries of Queen Elizabeth.
(b) Secret diaries of Lord Burleigh.
(c) Spanish and French documents about Elizabeth I.
(d) Various sources already published.
5. If Mary Stuart agrees to accept the husband Queen Elizabeth suggests for her, what might Elizabeth consent to do for Mary?
(a) Give her an Army to help her take the French Crown.
(b) Be godmother to her children.
(c) Name her as heiress-presumptive to the English Crown.
(d) Give her an English estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the French ambassador tell the Spanish ambassador about the way Queen Elizabeth spent New Year's Night in 1566?
2. Who marries his son to Lady Jane Grey because of her place in the line of succession to the throne of England?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Parliament want to force Queen Elizabeth to do?
4. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
5. When Amy Dudley is found at the bottom of a staircase with a broken neck, who is immediately suspected of murdering her?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)