|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the introduction, on what does the book focus?
(a) Life in England during Elizabeth's reign.
(b) Queen Elizabeth I.
(c) The Protestant Reformation.
(d) The Spanish Armada.
2. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
(a) Mary Stuart.
(b) Elizabeth's nine-year-old half brother, Edward.
(c) Elizabeth's 27 year-old half sister, Mary Tudor.
(d) Lady Jane Grey.
3. Who keeps Princess Elizabeth from her dying brother's bedside and intercepts her correspondence to the young king?
(a) The Earl of Essex.
(b) The Duke of Northumberland.
(c) Thomas Seymour.
(d) Edward Seymour.
4. What Catholic does William Cecil think will ascend to the throne and revive Catholicism in England if the Protestant Queen Elizabeth dies without a child?
(a) The Duke of Norfolk.
(b) Mary Tudor.
(c) Prince Philip of Spain.
(d) Edward Courtenay.
5. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
(a) He is her great uncle.
(b) He is her father.
(c) He is her grandfather.
(d) He is her uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say the aim of the book is in the introduction?
2. What do the Catholic bishops not want to do for Queen Elizabeth's coronation?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Parliament want to force Queen Elizabeth to do?
4. Who marries his son to Lady Jane Grey because of her place in the line of succession to the throne of England?
5. Why is Queen Elizabeth called "Queen of the Sea?"
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)