|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Amy Dudley is found at the bottom of a staircase with a broken neck, who is immediately suspected of murdering her?
(a) Her husband, Lord Robert Dudley.
(b) Sir Christopher Hammond.
(c) Mary Stuart.
(d) William Cecil.
2. What does the Earl of Leicester tell the French ambassador that Queen Elizabeth said about marriage when she was eight years-old?
(a) That she would never marry.
(b) That she wanted to marry Leicester.
(c) That she would marry six times like her father.
(d) That she could not wait to marry.
3. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
(a) Elizabeth's 27 year-old half sister, Mary Tudor.
(b) Elizabeth's nine-year-old half brother, Edward.
(c) Lady Jane Grey.
(d) Mary Stuart.
4. What Catholic does William Cecil think will ascend to the throne and revive Catholicism in England if the Protestant Queen Elizabeth dies without a child?
(a) Edward Courtenay.
(b) Prince Philip of Spain.
(c) Mary Tudor.
(d) The Duke of Norfolk.
5. During her era, what is unusual about the way Queen Elizabeth bathes?
(a) She bathes in icy water.
(b) She bathes her entire body in an oval bath.
(c) She does not use soap.
(d) She only bathes once a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Queen Elizabeth hesitates to intervene in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland, how does William Cecil persuade her to take action?
2. What colors does Queen Elizabeth tell Spanish ambassador Don Guzman de Silva are her colors?
3. What color robes does Queen Elizabeth wear for her crowning?
4. How many people attend the state banquet in Westminster hall to celebrate Queen Elizabeth's coronation?
5. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who appoints himself Duke of Somerset and Protector and advisor to young King Edward after King Henry VIII's death?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)