|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story arose about Elizabeth I's appearance after the age of thirty?
(a) That she was illegitimate and did not deserve the throne.
(b) That she could not have children.
(c) That she was bald.
(d) That she was secretly married to the Earl of Leicester.
2. Where does the author say she gets her information about the queen from?
(a) Secret diaries of Lord Burleigh.
(b) Spanish and French documents about Elizabeth I.
(c) Various sources already published.
(d) Secret diaries of Queen Elizabeth.
3. To whom does Elizabeth give a lock of graying red hair in 1572 when she is 39 years-old?
(a) The poet, Sir Philip Sidney.
(b) The Pope.
(c) The Earl of Essex.
(d) King Philip of Spain.
4. What does the French ambassador tell the Spanish ambassador about the way Queen Elizabeth spent New Year's Night in 1566?
(a) He says she danced and played the virginals.
(b) He says she got drunk.
(c) He says she slept with the Earl of Leicester that night.
(d) He says she watched a play.
5. What colors does Queen Elizabeth tell Spanish ambassador Don Guzman de Silva are her colors?
(a) Yellow and white.
(b) Black, red, and gray.
(c) Red, green, and blue.
(d) Black and white.
Short Answer Questions
1. During her era, what is unusual about the way Queen Elizabeth bathes?
2. According to the introduction, on what does the book focus?
3. What Catholic does William Cecil think will ascend to the throne and revive Catholicism in England if the Protestant Queen Elizabeth dies without a child?
4. According to some books on heraldry of the period, what do the colors Queen Elizabeth tells Don Guzman de Silva are hers represent?
5. How many people attend the state banquet in Westminster hall to celebrate Queen Elizabeth's coronation?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)