|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Catholic bishops not want to do for Queen Elizabeth's coronation?
(a) Crown the queen.
(b) Attend the ceremony.
(c) Bless the queen.
(d) Offer prayers for the queen.
2. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
(a) Elizabeth's 27 year-old half sister, Mary Tudor.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) Elizabeth's nine-year-old half brother, Edward.
(d) Lady Jane Grey.
3. In Chapter 5 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, what act do Parliament and the Privy Council pass?
(a) A law outlawing Catholicism in England.
(b) The Act of Supremacy and Uniformity.
(c) A law making Robert Dudley her heir.
(d) A law raising taxes.
4. What colors does Queen Elizabeth tell Spanish ambassador Don Guzman de Silva are her colors?
(a) Black, red, and gray.
(b) Red, green, and blue.
(c) Black and white.
(d) Yellow and white.
5. What happens to Princess Elizabeth's mother when the princess is just a toddler?
(a) She drowns at sea while traveling with the king.
(b) She dies of smallpox.
(c) She dies in childbirth.
(d) She is accused of adultery and treason and beheaded.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people attend the state banquet in Westminster hall to celebrate Queen Elizabeth's coronation?
2. To whom does Elizabeth give a lock of graying red hair in 1572 when she is 39 years-old?
3. What happens to bring Princess Elizabeth to the English throne in place of Mary, her sister?
4. When Amy Dudley is found at the bottom of a staircase with a broken neck, who is immediately suspected of murdering her?
5. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)