|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the author say she gets her information about the queen from?
(a) Various sources already published.
(b) Secret diaries of Lord Burleigh.
(c) Secret diaries of Queen Elizabeth.
(d) Spanish and French documents about Elizabeth I.
2. What do the Catholic bishops not want to do for Queen Elizabeth's coronation?
(a) Offer prayers for the queen.
(b) Attend the ceremony.
(c) Crown the queen.
(d) Bless the queen.
3. Who keeps Princess Elizabeth from her dying brother's bedside and intercepts her correspondence to the young king?
(a) Edward Seymour.
(b) The Earl of Essex.
(c) The Duke of Northumberland.
(d) Thomas Seymour.
4. When representatives of Parliament beg the queen to marry, who does Queen Elizabeth claim to already be married to?
(a) Lord Robert Dudley.
(b) The Kingdom of England.
(c) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(d) Sir William Cecil.
5. Who shows over familiarity with the queen by taking her napkin out of her hand to wipe his sweaty face during a tennis game?
(a) Philip Sidney.
(b) King Philip of Spain.
(c) Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester.
(d) The Duke of Norfolk.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
2. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
3. What colors does Queen Elizabeth tell Spanish ambassador Don Guzman de Silva are her colors?
4. What is William Cecil's relationship with Elizabeth in Chapter 4?
5. Who becomes Lord High Admiral of the English navy after King Henry VIII's death?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)