|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who expects to be named Queen Elizabeth's "heiress-presumptive"?
(a) Lady Lennox.
(b) Catherine Grey.
(c) Kat Ashley.
(d) Mary Stuart.
2. What does the French ambassador tell the Spanish ambassador about the way Queen Elizabeth spent New Year's Night in 1566?
(a) He says she watched a play.
(b) He says she danced and played the virginals.
(c) He says she got drunk.
(d) He says she slept with the Earl of Leicester that night.
3. Who is murdered in the presence of the pregnant Mary Stuart?
(a) Lord Darnley.
(c) Lady Lennox.
(d) Catherine de Medici.
4. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
5. When Amy Dudley is found at the bottom of a staircase with a broken neck, who is immediately suspected of murdering her?
(a) Her husband, Lord Robert Dudley.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) Sir Christopher Hammond.
(d) William Cecil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to marry Don Carlos, a criminal lunatic, to gain an alliance with Spain to help dethrone Elizabeth?
2. During her era, what is unusual about the way Queen Elizabeth bathes?
3. What does Elizabeth ride in through London to Westminster on the Saturday before her coronation?
4. Who keeps Princess Elizabeth from her dying brother's bedside and intercepts her correspondence to the young king?
5. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)