|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes Lord High Admiral of the English navy after King Henry VIII's death?
(a) Thomas Seymour, Somerset's brother & Edward's uncle.
(b) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(c) Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester.
(d) Sir Francis Drake.
2. What happens to bring Princess Elizabeth to the English throne in place of Mary, her sister?
(a) Mary is murdered by Protestant sympathizers.
(b) Elizabeth weds Edward Courtenay and overthrows Mary.
(c) Mary is overthrown by Mary Stuart and taken to the Tower.
(d) Mary dies after a long illness.
3. Who does Queen Elizabeth suggest as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
(a) Lord Robert Dudley.
(b) Sir William Cecil.
(c) Lord Darnley.
(d) King Philip of Spain.
4. With Spain supporting Mary Stuart and planning to invade England on her behalf, with what country is it important for Queen Elizabeth and England to form an alliance?
5. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
(a) Elizabeth's 27 year-old half sister, Mary Tudor.
(b) Lady Jane Grey.
(c) Mary Stuart.
(d) Elizabeth's nine-year-old half brother, Edward.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Queen Elizabeth revive the Royal Navy?
2. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who appoints himself Duke of Somerset and Protector and advisor to young King Edward after King Henry VIII's death?
3. To whom does Elizabeth give a lock of graying red hair in 1572 when she is 39 years-old?
4. What does the Earl of Leicester tell the French ambassador that Queen Elizabeth said about marriage when she was eight years-old?
5. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)