|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes Lord High Admiral of the English navy after King Henry VIII's death?
(a) Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester.
(b) Thomas Seymour, Somerset's brother & Edward's uncle.
(c) Sir Francis Drake.
(d) Sir Christopher Hatton.
2. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
(a) Prince Philip of Spain.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) The Duke of Northumberland and Lady Jane Grey.
(d) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
3. What do the Catholic bishops not want to do for Queen Elizabeth's coronation?
(a) Bless the queen.
(b) Offer prayers for the queen.
(c) Crown the queen.
(d) Attend the ceremony.
4. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to ratify the Treaty of Edinburgh?
(a) It gives Scotland to Elizabeth.
(b) It gives Scotland to France.
(c) It recognizes Elizabeth as Queen of England.
(d) It gives Scotland to Spain.
5. Which of the following statements does not describe the effect the book's focus has on the book's shape?
(a) The shape of the book is very irregular.
(b) Some important events get a very brief mention.
(c) The book is arranged in chronological order.
(d) Some minor events are relayed in great detail.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people attend the state banquet in Westminster hall to celebrate Queen Elizabeth's coronation?
2. In Chapter 5 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, what act do Parliament and the Privy Council pass?
3. Who expects to be named Queen Elizabeth's "heiress-presumptive"?
4. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
5. Who does Elizabeth choose as her Master of the Horse when she first becomes queen?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)