|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
(a) Mary Stuart.
(b) Lady Jane Grey.
(c) Elizabeth's nine-year-old half brother, Edward.
(d) Elizabeth's 27 year-old half sister, Mary Tudor.
2. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
3. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
(a) A plot that results in Elizabeth going to the Tower.
(b) A French plot to make Mary Stuart Queen of England.
(c) A plot to marry Princess Elizabeth to Edward Courtenay.
(d) A plan to stop the Spanish marriage of Queen Mary.
4. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
(a) When the Master of the Horse becomes Elizabeth's guardian.
(b) When Elizabeth almost dies of smallpox.
(c) When they are both imprisoned in the Tower of London.
(d) When Elizabeth's father dies.
5. When Amy Dudley is found at the bottom of a staircase with a broken neck, who is immediately suspected of murdering her?
(a) Her husband, Lord Robert Dudley.
(b) William Cecil.
(c) Mary Stuart.
(d) Sir Christopher Hammond.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
2. How many people attend the state banquet in Westminster hall to celebrate Queen Elizabeth's coronation?
3. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
4. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth I's physical appearance?
5. When Queen Elizabeth hesitates to intervene in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland, how does William Cecil persuade her to take action?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)