|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
(a) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
(b) Prince Philip of Spain.
(c) Mary Stuart.
(d) The Duke of Northumberland and Lady Jane Grey.
2. Which of the following statements does not describe the effect the book's focus has on the book's shape?
(a) Some minor events are relayed in great detail.
(b) The book is arranged in chronological order.
(c) The shape of the book is very irregular.
(d) Some important events get a very brief mention.
3. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who is caught with the teenage Princess Elizabeth in his arms and eventually taken to the Tower and executed for planning to marry her without the king's Privy Council?
(a) Lord Burleigh.
(b) Thomas Seymour.
(c) Edward Seymour.
(d) Robert Dudley, The Earl of Leicester.
4. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
(a) Catherine Howard, King Henry VIII's fifth wife.
(b) Catherine of Aragon, King Henry VIII's first wife.
(c) Ann Boleyn, King Henry VIII's second wife.
(d) Jane Seymour, King Henry VIII's third wife.
5. Where does the author say she gets her information about the queen from?
(a) Spanish and French documents about Elizabeth I.
(b) Various sources already published.
(c) Secret diaries of Lord Burleigh.
(d) Secret diaries of Queen Elizabeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Catherine Parr encourage Princess Elizabeth and Prince Edward to study?
2. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth I's physical appearance?
3. Who does Elizabeth choose as her Master of the Horse when she first becomes queen?
4. To whom does Elizabeth give a lock of graying red hair in 1572 when she is 39 years-old?
5. When Queen Elizabeth hesitates to intervene in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland, how does William Cecil persuade her to take action?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)