|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
(a) The Duke of Northumberland.
(b) Sir Philip Sidney.
(c) Lady Jane Grey.
(d) The Earl of Essex.
2. When representatives of Parliament beg the queen to marry, who does Queen Elizabeth claim to already be married to?
(a) Lord Robert Dudley.
(b) The Kingdom of England.
(c) Sir William Cecil.
(d) Sir Christopher Hatton.
3. When Amy Dudley is found at the bottom of a staircase with a broken neck, who is immediately suspected of murdering her?
(a) Sir Christopher Hammond.
(b) William Cecil.
(c) Her husband, Lord Robert Dudley.
(d) Mary Stuart.
4. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth I's physical appearance?
(a) She closely resembles her father, Henry VIII.
(b) She has red-gold hair and very fair skin.
(c) Her eyes are golden and large-pupiled from short sight.
(d) She has her mother's sallow and dark complexion.
5. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
(a) He is her grandfather.
(b) He is her father.
(c) He is her great uncle.
(d) He is her uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who expects to be named Queen Elizabeth's "heiress-presumptive"?
2. When Queen Elizabeth hesitates to intervene in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland, how does William Cecil persuade her to take action?
3. What color robes does Queen Elizabeth wear for her crowning?
4. Which of the following statements does not describe the effect the book's focus has on the book's shape?
5. Who keeps Princess Elizabeth from her dying brother's bedside and intercepts her correspondence to the young king?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)