|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
2. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to ratify the Treaty of Edinburgh?
(a) It gives Scotland to Spain.
(b) It gives Scotland to Elizabeth.
(c) It recognizes Elizabeth as Queen of England.
(d) It gives Scotland to France.
3. Where does the author say she gets her information about the queen from?
(a) Various sources already published.
(b) Spanish and French documents about Elizabeth I.
(c) Secret diaries of Queen Elizabeth.
(d) Secret diaries of Lord Burleigh.
4. What is William Cecil's relationship with Elizabeth in Chapter 4?
(a) He is her guard while she is in the tower.
(b) He is her lover.
(c) He is her Secretary of State.
(d) He is her cousin.
5. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth I's physical appearance?
(a) She closely resembles her father, Henry VIII.
(b) Her eyes are golden and large-pupiled from short sight.
(c) She has red-gold hair and very fair skin.
(d) She has her mother's sallow and dark complexion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Catholic bishops not want to do for Queen Elizabeth's coronation?
2. Which of the following statements does not describe the effect the book's focus has on the book's shape?
3. What color robes does Queen Elizabeth wear for her crowning?
4. When Queen Elizabeth hesitates to intervene in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland, how does William Cecil persuade her to take action?
5. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)