|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) He is her great uncle.
(c) He is her grandfather.
(d) He is her father.
2. When Queen Elizabeth hesitates to intervene in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland, how does William Cecil persuade her to take action?
(a) He asks Lord Robert Dudley to persuade her.
(b) He threatens to resign.
(c) He tells her Mary Stuart has declared war.
(d) He tells her the nobles support war.
3. What happens to bring Princess Elizabeth to the English throne in place of Mary, her sister?
(a) Mary dies after a long illness.
(b) Mary is overthrown by Mary Stuart and taken to the Tower.
(c) Elizabeth weds Edward Courtenay and overthrows Mary.
(d) Mary is murdered by Protestant sympathizers.
4. According to the introduction, on what does the book focus?
(a) Life in England during Elizabeth's reign.
(b) The Spanish Armada.
(c) The Protestant Reformation.
(d) Queen Elizabeth I.
5. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
(a) Elizabeth's 27 year-old half sister, Mary Tudor.
(b) Lady Jane Grey.
(c) Elizabeth's nine-year-old half brother, Edward.
(d) Mary Stuart.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
2. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to ratify the Treaty of Edinburgh?
3. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth I's physical appearance?
4. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who appoints himself Duke of Somerset and Protector and advisor to young King Edward after King Henry VIII's death?
5. What color robes does Queen Elizabeth wear for her crowning?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)