|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Elizabeth choose as her Master of the Horse when she first becomes queen?
(a) Sir Francis Drake.
(b) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
(c) Lord Robert Dudley.
(d) Sir Christopher Hatton.
2. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth I's physical appearance?
(a) Her eyes are golden and large-pupiled from short sight.
(b) She has her mother's sallow and dark complexion.
(c) She closely resembles her father, Henry VIII.
(d) She has red-gold hair and very fair skin.
3. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
(a) Sir Philip Sidney.
(b) The Earl of Essex.
(c) The Duke of Northumberland.
(d) Lady Jane Grey.
4. When representatives of Parliament beg the queen to marry, who does Queen Elizabeth claim to already be married to?
(a) The Kingdom of England.
(b) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(c) Sir William Cecil.
(d) Lord Robert Dudley.
5. What Catholic does William Cecil think will ascend to the throne and revive Catholicism in England if the Protestant Queen Elizabeth dies without a child?
(a) Mary Tudor.
(b) Prince Philip of Spain.
(c) Edward Courtenay.
(d) The Duke of Norfolk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
2. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
3. Which of the following statements does not describe the effect the book's focus has on the book's shape?
4. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
5. Who expects to be named Queen Elizabeth's "heiress-presumptive"?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)