|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
(a) English Catholics try to put her on the English throne.
(b) Her boat capsizes in the English Channel.
(c) Her request for a passport is denied.
(d) She gets smallpox.
2. What happens to bring Princess Elizabeth to the English throne in place of Mary, her sister?
(a) Mary is murdered by Protestant sympathizers.
(b) Mary dies after a long illness.
(c) Mary is overthrown by Mary Stuart and taken to the Tower.
(d) Elizabeth weds Edward Courtenay and overthrows Mary.
3. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
(a) Prince Philip of Spain.
(b) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
(c) The Duke of Northumberland and Lady Jane Grey.
(d) Mary Stuart.
4. Who expects to be named Queen Elizabeth's "heiress-presumptive"?
(a) Kat Ashley.
(b) Lady Lennox.
(c) Mary Stuart.
(d) Catherine Grey.
5. What do the Catholic bishops not want to do for Queen Elizabeth's coronation?
(a) Offer prayers for the queen.
(b) Attend the ceremony.
(c) Crown the queen.
(d) Bless the queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who is caught with the teenage Princess Elizabeth in his arms and eventually taken to the Tower and executed for planning to marry her without the king's Privy Council?
2. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
3. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
4. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
5. What religion does Catherine Parr encourage Princess Elizabeth and Prince Edward to study?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)