|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
(a) The Earl of Essex.
(b) Sir Philip Sidney.
(c) The Duke of Northumberland.
(d) Lady Jane Grey.
2. What religion does Catherine Parr encourage Princess Elizabeth and Prince Edward to study?
(c) The Reformed Church.
3. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
(a) When they are both imprisoned in the Tower of London.
(b) When Elizabeth almost dies of smallpox.
(c) When Elizabeth's father dies.
(d) When the Master of the Horse becomes Elizabeth's guardian.
4. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
5. According to King Henry's will, what is the order of succession to the throne?
(a) Mary, Elizabeth, Edward.
(b) Lady Jane Grey, Edward, Mary.
(c) Mary, Edward, Lady Jane Grey.
(d) Edward, Mary, Elizabeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth I's physical appearance?
2. When Queen Elizabeth hesitates to intervene in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland, how does William Cecil persuade her to take action?
3. Who expects to be named Queen Elizabeth's "heiress-presumptive"?
4. What does the author say the aim of the book is in the introduction?
5. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to ratify the Treaty of Edinburgh?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)