|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to ratify the Treaty of Edinburgh?
(a) It gives Scotland to France.
(b) It gives Scotland to Spain.
(c) It recognizes Elizabeth as Queen of England.
(d) It gives Scotland to Elizabeth.
2. When Queen Elizabeth hesitates to intervene in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland, how does William Cecil persuade her to take action?
(a) He tells her Mary Stuart has declared war.
(b) He asks Lord Robert Dudley to persuade her.
(c) He threatens to resign.
(d) He tells her the nobles support war.
3. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
(a) Catherine Howard, King Henry VIII's fifth wife.
(b) Ann Boleyn, King Henry VIII's second wife.
(c) Jane Seymour, King Henry VIII's third wife.
(d) Catherine of Aragon, King Henry VIII's first wife.
4. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
(a) A plot that results in Elizabeth going to the Tower.
(b) A plan to stop the Spanish marriage of Queen Mary.
(c) A French plot to make Mary Stuart Queen of England.
(d) A plot to marry Princess Elizabeth to Edward Courtenay.
5. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth I's physical appearance?
(a) Her eyes are golden and large-pupiled from short sight.
(b) She has her mother's sallow and dark complexion.
(c) She has red-gold hair and very fair skin.
(d) She closely resembles her father, Henry VIII.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to King Henry's will, what is the order of succession to the throne?
2. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
3. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
4. According to the introduction, on what does the book focus?
5. What color robes does Queen Elizabeth wear for her crowning?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)