|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say the aim of the book is in the introduction?
(a) To collect interesting personal information about Elizabeth I.
(b) To record the history of the Tudor dynasty.
(c) To show how similar Elizabeth I was to her father Henry VIII.
(d) To earn the author a doctoral degree.
2. According to King Henry's will, what is the order of succession to the throne?
(a) Edward, Mary, Elizabeth.
(b) Mary, Edward, Lady Jane Grey.
(c) Mary, Elizabeth, Edward.
(d) Lady Jane Grey, Edward, Mary.
3. What story arose about Elizabeth I's appearance after the age of thirty?
(a) That she could not have children.
(b) That she was secretly married to the Earl of Leicester.
(c) That she was bald.
(d) That she was illegitimate and did not deserve the throne.
4. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to ratify the Treaty of Edinburgh?
(a) It gives Scotland to Elizabeth.
(b) It recognizes Elizabeth as Queen of England.
(c) It gives Scotland to Spain.
(d) It gives Scotland to France.
5. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
(a) Her request for a passport is denied.
(b) Her boat capsizes in the English Channel.
(c) English Catholics try to put her on the English throne.
(d) She gets smallpox.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the introduction, on what does the book focus?
2. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth I's physical appearance?
3. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
4. When Amy Dudley is found at the bottom of a staircase with a broken neck, who is immediately suspected of murdering her?
5. What do the Catholic bishops not want to do for Queen Elizabeth's coronation?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)