|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth I's physical appearance?
(a) She closely resembles her father, Henry VIII.
(b) Her eyes are golden and large-pupiled from short sight.
(c) She has her mother's sallow and dark complexion.
(d) She has red-gold hair and very fair skin.
2. What color robes does Queen Elizabeth wear for her crowning?
3. What happens to bring Princess Elizabeth to the English throne in place of Mary, her sister?
(a) Mary dies after a long illness.
(b) Mary is murdered by Protestant sympathizers.
(c) Elizabeth weds Edward Courtenay and overthrows Mary.
(d) Mary is overthrown by Mary Stuart and taken to the Tower.
4. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
(a) Jane Seymour, King Henry VIII's third wife.
(b) Catherine Howard, King Henry VIII's fifth wife.
(c) Ann Boleyn, King Henry VIII's second wife.
(d) Catherine of Aragon, King Henry VIII's first wife.
5. Which of the following statements does not describe the effect the book's focus has on the book's shape?
(a) Some important events get a very brief mention.
(b) The book is arranged in chronological order.
(c) Some minor events are relayed in great detail.
(d) The shape of the book is very irregular.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
2. How many people attend the state banquet in Westminster hall to celebrate Queen Elizabeth's coronation?
3. In Chapter 5 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, what act do Parliament and the Privy Council pass?
4. When Amy Dudley is found at the bottom of a staircase with a broken neck, who is immediately suspected of murdering her?
5. Who does Elizabeth choose as her Master of the Horse when she first becomes queen?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)