|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who expects to be named Queen Elizabeth's "heiress-presumptive"?
(a) Kat Ashley.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) Catherine Grey.
(d) Lady Lennox.
2. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
3. When Queen Elizabeth hesitates to intervene in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland, how does William Cecil persuade her to take action?
(a) He threatens to resign.
(b) He tells her the nobles support war.
(c) He tells her Mary Stuart has declared war.
(d) He asks Lord Robert Dudley to persuade her.
4. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
(a) Catherine Howard, King Henry VIII's fifth wife.
(b) Jane Seymour, King Henry VIII's third wife.
(c) Ann Boleyn, King Henry VIII's second wife.
(d) Catherine of Aragon, King Henry VIII's first wife.
5. Who becomes Lord High Admiral of the English navy after King Henry VIII's death?
(a) Thomas Seymour, Somerset's brother & Edward's uncle.
(b) Sir Francis Drake.
(c) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(d) Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elizabeth choose as her Master of the Horse when she first becomes queen?
2. What does the author say the aim of the book is in the introduction?
3. What does Elizabeth ride in through London to Westminster on the Saturday before her coronation?
4. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
5. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)