|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
(a) She fears retribution from Mary Stuart.
(b) Her country is short of funds, men, and ships.
(c) She fears French intervention on Scotland's behalf.
(d) She is Catholic.
2. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
3. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
(a) Lady Jane Grey.
(b) Sir Philip Sidney.
(c) The Earl of Essex.
(d) The Duke of Northumberland.
4. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
(a) Jane Seymour, King Henry VIII's third wife.
(b) Ann Boleyn, King Henry VIII's second wife.
(c) Catherine Howard, King Henry VIII's fifth wife.
(d) Catherine of Aragon, King Henry VIII's first wife.
5. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
(a) A plan to stop the Spanish marriage of Queen Mary.
(b) A plot to marry Princess Elizabeth to Edward Courtenay.
(c) A plot that results in Elizabeth going to the Tower.
(d) A French plot to make Mary Stuart Queen of England.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth I's physical appearance?
2. When Amy Dudley is found at the bottom of a staircase with a broken neck, who is immediately suspected of murdering her?
3. What color robes does Queen Elizabeth wear for her crowning?
4. According to King Henry's will, what is the order of succession to the throne?
5. What do the Catholic bishops not want to do for Queen Elizabeth's coronation?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)