|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
(a) When the Master of the Horse becomes Elizabeth's guardian.
(b) When they are both imprisoned in the Tower of London.
(c) When Elizabeth almost dies of smallpox.
(d) When Elizabeth's father dies.
2. What color robes does Queen Elizabeth wear for her crowning?
3. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
(a) A French plot to make Mary Stuart Queen of England.
(b) A plot that results in Elizabeth going to the Tower.
(c) A plot to marry Princess Elizabeth to Edward Courtenay.
(d) A plan to stop the Spanish marriage of Queen Mary.
4. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) He is her grandfather.
(c) He is her father.
(d) He is her great uncle.
5. In Chapter 5 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, what act do Parliament and the Privy Council pass?
(a) A law outlawing Catholicism in England.
(b) The Act of Supremacy and Uniformity.
(c) A law raising taxes.
(d) A law making Robert Dudley her heir.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
2. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who is caught with the teenage Princess Elizabeth in his arms and eventually taken to the Tower and executed for planning to marry her without the king's Privy Council?
3. What do the Catholic bishops not want to do for Queen Elizabeth's coronation?
4. What Catholic does William Cecil think will ascend to the throne and revive Catholicism in England if the Protestant Queen Elizabeth dies without a child?
5. What is William Cecil's relationship with Elizabeth in Chapter 4?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)