|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe the effect the book's focus has on the book's shape?
(a) The shape of the book is very irregular.
(b) Some minor events are relayed in great detail.
(c) Some important events get a very brief mention.
(d) The book is arranged in chronological order.
2. To whom does Elizabeth give a lock of graying red hair in 1572 when she is 39 years-old?
(a) The Earl of Essex.
(b) The poet, Sir Philip Sidney.
(c) King Philip of Spain.
(d) The Pope.
3. Who does Elizabeth choose as her Master of the Horse when she first becomes queen?
(a) Sir Francis Drake.
(b) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(c) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
(d) Lord Robert Dudley.
4. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
(a) A plot that results in Elizabeth going to the Tower.
(b) A French plot to make Mary Stuart Queen of England.
(c) A plot to marry Princess Elizabeth to Edward Courtenay.
(d) A plan to stop the Spanish marriage of Queen Mary.
5. Who becomes Lord High Admiral of the English navy after King Henry VIII's death?
(a) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(b) Thomas Seymour, Somerset's brother & Edward's uncle.
(c) Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester.
(d) Sir Francis Drake.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
2. Who keeps Princess Elizabeth from her dying brother's bedside and intercepts her correspondence to the young king?
3. When representatives of Parliament beg the queen to marry, who does Queen Elizabeth claim to already be married to?
4. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
5. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)