|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who expects to be named Queen Elizabeth's "heiress-presumptive"?
(a) Kat Ashley.
(b) Catherine Grey.
(c) Mary Stuart.
(d) Lady Lennox.
2. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
3. What happens to Princess Elizabeth's mother when the princess is just a toddler?
(a) She dies in childbirth.
(b) She is accused of adultery and treason and beheaded.
(c) She drowns at sea while traveling with the king.
(d) She dies of smallpox.
4. To whom does Elizabeth give a lock of graying red hair in 1572 when she is 39 years-old?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The Earl of Essex.
(c) King Philip of Spain.
(d) The poet, Sir Philip Sidney.
5. In Chapter 5 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, what act do Parliament and the Privy Council pass?
(a) A law outlawing Catholicism in England.
(b) A law making Robert Dudley her heir.
(c) A law raising taxes.
(d) The Act of Supremacy and Uniformity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to ratify the Treaty of Edinburgh?
2. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
3. According to the introduction, on what does the book focus?
4. What is William Cecil's relationship with Elizabeth in Chapter 4?
5. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)