|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to ratify the Treaty of Edinburgh?
(a) It gives Scotland to France.
(b) It gives Scotland to Elizabeth.
(c) It recognizes Elizabeth as Queen of England.
(d) It gives Scotland to Spain.
2. What happens to bring Princess Elizabeth to the English throne in place of Mary, her sister?
(a) Mary is overthrown by Mary Stuart and taken to the Tower.
(b) Elizabeth weds Edward Courtenay and overthrows Mary.
(c) Mary is murdered by Protestant sympathizers.
(d) Mary dies after a long illness.
3. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
(a) Sir Philip Sidney.
(b) The Earl of Essex.
(c) Lady Jane Grey.
(d) The Duke of Northumberland.
4. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth I's physical appearance?
(a) She closely resembles her father, Henry VIII.
(b) She has her mother's sallow and dark complexion.
(c) Her eyes are golden and large-pupiled from short sight.
(d) She has red-gold hair and very fair skin.
5. Who keeps Princess Elizabeth from her dying brother's bedside and intercepts her correspondence to the young king?
(a) Edward Seymour.
(b) The Duke of Northumberland.
(c) The Earl of Essex.
(d) Thomas Seymour.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
2. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
3. Where does the author say she gets her information about the queen from?
4. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
5. How many people attend the state banquet in Westminster hall to celebrate Queen Elizabeth's coronation?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)