|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
2. What religion does Catherine Parr encourage Princess Elizabeth and Prince Edward to study?
(b) The Reformed Church.
3. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
(a) Elizabeth's 27 year-old half sister, Mary Tudor.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) Elizabeth's nine-year-old half brother, Edward.
(d) Lady Jane Grey.
4. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who appoints himself Duke of Somerset and Protector and advisor to young King Edward after King Henry VIII's death?
(a) Thomas Seymour, brother of the young king's dead mother.
(b) Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester.
(c) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(d) Edward Seymour, brother of the young king's dead mother.
5. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
(a) Lady Jane Grey.
(b) The Duke of Northumberland.
(c) Sir Philip Sidney.
(d) The Earl of Essex.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the author say she gets her information about the queen from?
2. What does the author say the aim of the book is in the introduction?
3. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
4. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth I's physical appearance?
5. What happens to bring Princess Elizabeth to the English throne in place of Mary, her sister?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)