|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who appoints himself Duke of Somerset and Protector and advisor to young King Edward after King Henry VIII's death?
(a) Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester.
(b) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(c) Edward Seymour, brother of the young king's dead mother.
(d) Thomas Seymour, brother of the young king's dead mother.
2. To whom does Elizabeth give a lock of graying red hair in 1572 when she is 39 years-old?
(a) The poet, Sir Philip Sidney.
(b) King Philip of Spain.
(c) The Earl of Essex.
(d) The Pope.
3. Who does Elizabeth choose as her Master of the Horse when she first becomes queen?
(a) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(b) Sir Francis Drake.
(c) Lord Robert Dudley.
(d) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
4. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
(a) Prince Philip of Spain.
(b) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
(c) The Duke of Northumberland and Lady Jane Grey.
(d) Mary Stuart.
5. What do the Catholic bishops not want to do for Queen Elizabeth's coronation?
(a) Crown the queen.
(b) Offer prayers for the queen.
(c) Bless the queen.
(d) Attend the ceremony.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
2. Who marries his son to Lady Jane Grey because of her place in the line of succession to the throne of England?
3. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
4. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
5. When Amy Dudley is found at the bottom of a staircase with a broken neck, who is immediately suspected of murdering her?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)