|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
(a) Mary Stuart.
(b) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
(c) The Duke of Northumberland and Lady Jane Grey.
(d) Prince Philip of Spain.
2. What does the author say the aim of the book is in the introduction?
(a) To earn the author a doctoral degree.
(b) To collect interesting personal information about Elizabeth I.
(c) To show how similar Elizabeth I was to her father Henry VIII.
(d) To record the history of the Tudor dynasty.
3. Whose household does Princess Elizabeth live in after her father's death?
(a) Her half sister, Mary Tudor.
(b) Her stepmother, Catherine Parr, the Queen Dowager.
(c) Mary Stuart.
(d) The Duke of Somerset.
4. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
(a) When the Master of the Horse becomes Elizabeth's guardian.
(b) When Elizabeth almost dies of smallpox.
(c) When they are both imprisoned in the Tower of London.
(d) When Elizabeth's father dies.
5. What Catholic does William Cecil think will ascend to the throne and revive Catholicism in England if the Protestant Queen Elizabeth dies without a child?
(a) The Duke of Norfolk.
(b) Prince Philip of Spain.
(c) Edward Courtenay.
(d) Mary Tudor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
2. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
3. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
4. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
5. What is William Cecil's relationship with Elizabeth in Chapter 4?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)