|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Catholic does William Cecil think will ascend to the throne and revive Catholicism in England if the Protestant Queen Elizabeth dies without a child?
(a) Edward Courtenay.
(b) Prince Philip of Spain.
(c) Mary Tudor.
(d) The Duke of Norfolk.
2. What story arose about Elizabeth I's appearance after the age of thirty?
(a) That she was secretly married to the Earl of Leicester.
(b) That she was bald.
(c) That she was illegitimate and did not deserve the throne.
(d) That she could not have children.
3. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
(a) A plot that results in Elizabeth going to the Tower.
(b) A plot to marry Princess Elizabeth to Edward Courtenay.
(c) A French plot to make Mary Stuart Queen of England.
(d) A plan to stop the Spanish marriage of Queen Mary.
4. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
(a) Catherine Howard, King Henry VIII's fifth wife.
(b) Jane Seymour, King Henry VIII's third wife.
(c) Catherine of Aragon, King Henry VIII's first wife.
(d) Ann Boleyn, King Henry VIII's second wife.
5. What happens to Princess Elizabeth's mother when the princess is just a toddler?
(a) She is accused of adultery and treason and beheaded.
(b) She dies in childbirth.
(c) She drowns at sea while traveling with the king.
(d) She dies of smallpox.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who is caught with the teenage Princess Elizabeth in his arms and eventually taken to the Tower and executed for planning to marry her without the king's Privy Council?
2. Who keeps Princess Elizabeth from her dying brother's bedside and intercepts her correspondence to the young king?
3. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
4. What does the author say the aim of the book is in the introduction?
5. What religion does Catherine Parr encourage Princess Elizabeth and Prince Edward to study?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)