|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose household does Princess Elizabeth live in after her father's death?
(a) Mary Stuart.
(b) Her half sister, Mary Tudor.
(c) The Duke of Somerset.
(d) Her stepmother, Catherine Parr, the Queen Dowager.
2. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
(a) Elizabeth's nine-year-old half brother, Edward.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) Lady Jane Grey.
(d) Elizabeth's 27 year-old half sister, Mary Tudor.
3. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
4. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who appoints himself Duke of Somerset and Protector and advisor to young King Edward after King Henry VIII's death?
(a) Edward Seymour, brother of the young king's dead mother.
(b) Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester.
(c) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(d) Thomas Seymour, brother of the young king's dead mother.
5. According to the introduction, on what does the book focus?
(a) The Spanish Armada.
(b) Life in England during Elizabeth's reign.
(c) The Protestant Reformation.
(d) Queen Elizabeth I.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the author say she gets her information about the queen from?
2. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
3. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
4. What happens to bring Princess Elizabeth to the English throne in place of Mary, her sister?
5. What is William Cecil's relationship with Elizabeth in Chapter 4?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)