|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
2. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
(a) A plan to stop the Spanish marriage of Queen Mary.
(b) A plot that results in Elizabeth going to the Tower.
(c) A plot to marry Princess Elizabeth to Edward Courtenay.
(d) A French plot to make Mary Stuart Queen of England.
3. What does the author say the aim of the book is in the introduction?
(a) To earn the author a doctoral degree.
(b) To show how similar Elizabeth I was to her father Henry VIII.
(c) To record the history of the Tudor dynasty.
(d) To collect interesting personal information about Elizabeth I.
4. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
(a) When Elizabeth almost dies of smallpox.
(b) When Elizabeth's father dies.
(c) When they are both imprisoned in the Tower of London.
(d) When the Master of the Horse becomes Elizabeth's guardian.
5. To whom does Elizabeth give a lock of graying red hair in 1572 when she is 39 years-old?
(a) King Philip of Spain.
(b) The poet, Sir Philip Sidney.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The Earl of Essex.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose household does Princess Elizabeth live in after her father's death?
2. According to the introduction, on what does the book focus?
3. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
4. Who becomes Lord High Admiral of the English navy after King Henry VIII's death?
5. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)