|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes Lord High Admiral of the English navy after King Henry VIII's death?
(a) Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester.
(b) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(c) Sir Francis Drake.
(d) Thomas Seymour, Somerset's brother & Edward's uncle.
2. What happens to Princess Elizabeth's mother when the princess is just a toddler?
(a) She is accused of adultery and treason and beheaded.
(b) She dies of smallpox.
(c) She drowns at sea while traveling with the king.
(d) She dies in childbirth.
3. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
(a) Jane Seymour, King Henry VIII's third wife.
(b) Catherine Howard, King Henry VIII's fifth wife.
(c) Ann Boleyn, King Henry VIII's second wife.
(d) Catherine of Aragon, King Henry VIII's first wife.
4. Whose household does Princess Elizabeth live in after her father's death?
(a) Mary Stuart.
(b) Her half sister, Mary Tudor.
(c) Her stepmother, Catherine Parr, the Queen Dowager.
(d) The Duke of Somerset.
5. What Catholic does William Cecil think will ascend to the throne and revive Catholicism in England if the Protestant Queen Elizabeth dies without a child?
(a) Mary Tudor.
(b) Edward Courtenay.
(c) The Duke of Norfolk.
(d) Prince Philip of Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
2. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who appoints himself Duke of Somerset and Protector and advisor to young King Edward after King Henry VIII's death?
3. What happens to bring Princess Elizabeth to the English throne in place of Mary, her sister?
4. Where does the author say she gets her information about the queen from?
5. What story arose about Elizabeth I's appearance after the age of thirty?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)