|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
2. According to the introduction, on what does the book focus?
(a) Queen Elizabeth I.
(b) Life in England during Elizabeth's reign.
(c) The Protestant Reformation.
(d) The Spanish Armada.
3. Who does Elizabeth choose as her Master of the Horse when she first becomes queen?
(a) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
(b) Sir Francis Drake.
(c) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(d) Lord Robert Dudley.
4. To whom does Elizabeth give a lock of graying red hair in 1572 when she is 39 years-old?
(a) The poet, Sir Philip Sidney.
(b) The Pope.
(c) King Philip of Spain.
(d) The Earl of Essex.
5. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth I's physical appearance?
(a) She has red-gold hair and very fair skin.
(b) She has her mother's sallow and dark complexion.
(c) Her eyes are golden and large-pupiled from short sight.
(d) She closely resembles her father, Henry VIII.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
2. Which of the following statements does not describe the effect the book's focus has on the book's shape?
3. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
4. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
5. Who becomes Lord High Admiral of the English navy after King Henry VIII's death?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)