|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose household does Princess Elizabeth live in after her father's death?
(a) Her stepmother, Catherine Parr, the Queen Dowager.
(b) The Duke of Somerset.
(c) Mary Stuart.
(d) Her half sister, Mary Tudor.
2. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
(a) Sir Philip Sidney.
(b) The Earl of Essex.
(c) The Duke of Northumberland.
(d) Lady Jane Grey.
3. Who keeps Princess Elizabeth from her dying brother's bedside and intercepts her correspondence to the young king?
(a) Thomas Seymour.
(b) The Duke of Northumberland.
(c) The Earl of Essex.
(d) Edward Seymour.
4. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
5. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
(a) A plot that results in Elizabeth going to the Tower.
(b) A plan to stop the Spanish marriage of Queen Mary.
(c) A French plot to make Mary Stuart Queen of England.
(d) A plot to marry Princess Elizabeth to Edward Courtenay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story arose about Elizabeth I's appearance after the age of thirty?
2. Who marries his son to Lady Jane Grey because of her place in the line of succession to the throne of England?
3. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who is caught with the teenage Princess Elizabeth in his arms and eventually taken to the Tower and executed for planning to marry her without the king's Privy Council?
4. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
5. According to King Henry's will, what is the order of succession to the throne?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)