|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe the effect the book's focus has on the book's shape?
(a) Some minor events are relayed in great detail.
(b) The shape of the book is very irregular.
(c) The book is arranged in chronological order.
(d) Some important events get a very brief mention.
2. What story arose about Elizabeth I's appearance after the age of thirty?
(a) That she could not have children.
(b) That she was secretly married to the Earl of Leicester.
(c) That she was illegitimate and did not deserve the throne.
(d) That she was bald.
3. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
(a) When they are both imprisoned in the Tower of London.
(b) When Elizabeth's father dies.
(c) When the Master of the Horse becomes Elizabeth's guardian.
(d) When Elizabeth almost dies of smallpox.
4. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
5. Who marries his son to Lady Jane Grey because of her place in the line of succession to the throne of England?
(a) Thomas Seymour.
(b) Philip Sidney.
(c) Sir Francis Drake.
(d) The Duke of Northumberland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say the aim of the book is in the introduction?
2. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
3. What Catholic does William Cecil think will ascend to the throne and revive Catholicism in England if the Protestant Queen Elizabeth dies without a child?
4. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who is caught with the teenage Princess Elizabeth in his arms and eventually taken to the Tower and executed for planning to marry her without the king's Privy Council?
5. To whom does Elizabeth give a lock of graying red hair in 1572 when she is 39 years-old?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)