|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
(a) A plot to marry Princess Elizabeth to Edward Courtenay.
(b) A French plot to make Mary Stuart Queen of England.
(c) A plot that results in Elizabeth going to the Tower.
(d) A plan to stop the Spanish marriage of Queen Mary.
2. To whom does Elizabeth give a lock of graying red hair in 1572 when she is 39 years-old?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The poet, Sir Philip Sidney.
(c) King Philip of Spain.
(d) The Earl of Essex.
3. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
(a) Catherine Howard, King Henry VIII's fifth wife.
(b) Jane Seymour, King Henry VIII's third wife.
(c) Catherine of Aragon, King Henry VIII's first wife.
(d) Ann Boleyn, King Henry VIII's second wife.
4. What story arose about Elizabeth I's appearance after the age of thirty?
(a) That she was bald.
(b) That she could not have children.
(c) That she was illegitimate and did not deserve the throne.
(d) That she was secretly married to the Earl of Leicester.
5. Who keeps Princess Elizabeth from her dying brother's bedside and intercepts her correspondence to the young king?
(a) Edward Seymour.
(b) Thomas Seymour.
(c) The Earl of Essex.
(d) The Duke of Northumberland.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the introduction, on what does the book focus?
2. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth I's physical appearance?
3. What happens to Princess Elizabeth's mother when the princess is just a toddler?
4. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who is caught with the teenage Princess Elizabeth in his arms and eventually taken to the Tower and executed for planning to marry her without the king's Privy Council?
5. Who does Elizabeth choose as her Master of the Horse when she first becomes queen?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)