|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to King Henry's will, what is the order of succession to the throne?
(a) Edward, Mary, Elizabeth.
(b) Lady Jane Grey, Edward, Mary.
(c) Mary, Edward, Lady Jane Grey.
(d) Mary, Elizabeth, Edward.
2. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
3. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth I's physical appearance?
(a) She has her mother's sallow and dark complexion.
(b) Her eyes are golden and large-pupiled from short sight.
(c) She closely resembles her father, Henry VIII.
(d) She has red-gold hair and very fair skin.
4. Who marries his son to Lady Jane Grey because of her place in the line of succession to the throne of England?
(a) Thomas Seymour.
(b) Sir Francis Drake.
(c) The Duke of Northumberland.
(d) Philip Sidney.
5. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
(a) He is her great uncle.
(b) He is her uncle.
(c) He is her father.
(d) He is her grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Princess Elizabeth's mother when the princess is just a toddler?
2. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who appoints himself Duke of Somerset and Protector and advisor to young King Edward after King Henry VIII's death?
3. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
4. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
5. Who does Elizabeth choose as her Master of the Horse when she first becomes queen?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)