|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
(a) A plot to marry Princess Elizabeth to Edward Courtenay.
(b) A plot that results in Elizabeth going to the Tower.
(c) A French plot to make Mary Stuart Queen of England.
(d) A plan to stop the Spanish marriage of Queen Mary.
2. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
(a) He is her great uncle.
(b) He is her grandfather.
(c) He is her uncle.
(d) He is her father.
3. Where does the author say she gets her information about the queen from?
(a) Secret diaries of Lord Burleigh.
(b) Secret diaries of Queen Elizabeth.
(c) Various sources already published.
(d) Spanish and French documents about Elizabeth I.
4. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
(a) The Duke of Northumberland and Lady Jane Grey.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
(d) Prince Philip of Spain.
5. Who keeps Princess Elizabeth from her dying brother's bedside and intercepts her correspondence to the young king?
(a) Thomas Seymour.
(b) The Earl of Essex.
(c) The Duke of Northumberland.
(d) Edward Seymour.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the introduction, on what does the book focus?
2. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
3. What story arose about Elizabeth I's appearance after the age of thirty?
4. Who becomes Lord High Admiral of the English navy after King Henry VIII's death?
5. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)