|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
2. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
(a) Sir Philip Sidney.
(b) The Earl of Essex.
(c) The Duke of Northumberland.
(d) Lady Jane Grey.
3. Which of the following statements does not describe the effect the book's focus has on the book's shape?
(a) Some minor events are relayed in great detail.
(b) Some important events get a very brief mention.
(c) The book is arranged in chronological order.
(d) The shape of the book is very irregular.
4. To whom does Elizabeth give a lock of graying red hair in 1572 when she is 39 years-old?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The poet, Sir Philip Sidney.
(c) King Philip of Spain.
(d) The Earl of Essex.
5. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
(a) Catherine Howard, King Henry VIII's fifth wife.
(b) Ann Boleyn, King Henry VIII's second wife.
(c) Jane Seymour, King Henry VIII's third wife.
(d) Catherine of Aragon, King Henry VIII's first wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
2. According to King Henry's will, what is the order of succession to the throne?
3. What religion does Catherine Parr encourage Princess Elizabeth and Prince Edward to study?
4. Where does the author say she gets her information about the queen from?
5. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)