|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
(a) He is her father.
(b) He is her grandfather.
(c) He is her great uncle.
(d) He is her uncle.
2. Where does the author say she gets her information about the queen from?
(a) Secret diaries of Queen Elizabeth.
(b) Secret diaries of Lord Burleigh.
(c) Spanish and French documents about Elizabeth I.
(d) Various sources already published.
3. Who marries his son to Lady Jane Grey because of her place in the line of succession to the throne of England?
(a) Philip Sidney.
(b) Sir Francis Drake.
(c) The Duke of Northumberland.
(d) Thomas Seymour.
4. What happens to Princess Elizabeth's mother when the princess is just a toddler?
(a) She dies of smallpox.
(b) She drowns at sea while traveling with the king.
(c) She is accused of adultery and treason and beheaded.
(d) She dies in childbirth.
5. What religion does Catherine Parr encourage Princess Elizabeth and Prince Edward to study?
(d) The Reformed Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who appoints himself Duke of Somerset and Protector and advisor to young King Edward after King Henry VIII's death?
2. Which of the following statements does not describe the effect the book's focus has on the book's shape?
3. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
4. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
5. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)