|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to King Henry's will, what is the order of succession to the throne?
(a) Mary, Edward, Lady Jane Grey.
(b) Edward, Mary, Elizabeth.
(c) Lady Jane Grey, Edward, Mary.
(d) Mary, Elizabeth, Edward.
2. What story arose about Elizabeth I's appearance after the age of thirty?
(a) That she was secretly married to the Earl of Leicester.
(b) That she could not have children.
(c) That she was bald.
(d) That she was illegitimate and did not deserve the throne.
3. Who keeps Princess Elizabeth from her dying brother's bedside and intercepts her correspondence to the young king?
(a) Edward Seymour.
(b) Thomas Seymour.
(c) The Earl of Essex.
(d) The Duke of Northumberland.
4. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
(a) Ann Boleyn, King Henry VIII's second wife.
(b) Catherine of Aragon, King Henry VIII's first wife.
(c) Catherine Howard, King Henry VIII's fifth wife.
(d) Jane Seymour, King Henry VIII's third wife.
5. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Elizabeth give a lock of graying red hair in 1572 when she is 39 years-old?
2. What happens to bring Princess Elizabeth to the English throne in place of Mary, her sister?
3. Who does Elizabeth choose as her Master of the Horse when she first becomes queen?
4. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
5. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who appoints himself Duke of Somerset and Protector and advisor to young King Edward after King Henry VIII's death?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)