|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Princess Elizabeth's mother when the princess is just a toddler?
(a) She drowns at sea while traveling with the king.
(b) She is accused of adultery and treason and beheaded.
(c) She dies of smallpox.
(d) She dies in childbirth.
2. What story arose about Elizabeth I's appearance after the age of thirty?
(a) That she was secretly married to the Earl of Leicester.
(b) That she was illegitimate and did not deserve the throne.
(c) That she could not have children.
(d) That she was bald.
3. Who keeps Princess Elizabeth from her dying brother's bedside and intercepts her correspondence to the young king?
(a) The Earl of Essex.
(b) Edward Seymour.
(c) Thomas Seymour.
(d) The Duke of Northumberland.
4. According to the introduction, on what does the book focus?
(a) The Protestant Reformation.
(b) Queen Elizabeth I.
(c) The Spanish Armada.
(d) Life in England during Elizabeth's reign.
5. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
(a) Sir Philip Sidney.
(b) Edward Courtenay.
(c) The Duke of Norfolk.
(d) Prince Philip of Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who appoints himself Duke of Somerset and Protector and advisor to young King Edward after King Henry VIII's death?
2. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
3. Whose household does Princess Elizabeth live in after her father's death?
4. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
5. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)