|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say the aim of the book is in the introduction?
(a) To earn the author a doctoral degree.
(b) To show how similar Elizabeth I was to her father Henry VIII.
(c) To record the history of the Tudor dynasty.
(d) To collect interesting personal information about Elizabeth I.
2. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who appoints himself Duke of Somerset and Protector and advisor to young King Edward after King Henry VIII's death?
(a) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(b) Edward Seymour, brother of the young king's dead mother.
(c) Thomas Seymour, brother of the young king's dead mother.
(d) Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester.
3. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth I's physical appearance?
(a) Her eyes are golden and large-pupiled from short sight.
(b) She closely resembles her father, Henry VIII.
(c) She has her mother's sallow and dark complexion.
(d) She has red-gold hair and very fair skin.
4. Where does the author say she gets her information about the queen from?
(a) Various sources already published.
(b) Spanish and French documents about Elizabeth I.
(c) Secret diaries of Queen Elizabeth.
(d) Secret diaries of Lord Burleigh.
5. To whom does Elizabeth give a lock of graying red hair in 1572 when she is 39 years-old?
(a) The Earl of Essex.
(b) The Pope.
(c) The poet, Sir Philip Sidney.
(d) King Philip of Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is William Cecil's relationship with Elizabeth in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who is caught with the teenage Princess Elizabeth in his arms and eventually taken to the Tower and executed for planning to marry her without the king's Privy Council?
3. What story arose about Elizabeth I's appearance after the age of thirty?
4. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
5. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)