|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Catholic does William Cecil think will ascend to the throne and revive Catholicism in England if the Protestant Queen Elizabeth dies without a child?
(a) The Duke of Norfolk.
(b) Edward Courtenay.
(c) Prince Philip of Spain.
(d) Mary Tudor.
2. What does the author say the aim of the book is in the introduction?
(a) To earn the author a doctoral degree.
(b) To show how similar Elizabeth I was to her father Henry VIII.
(c) To collect interesting personal information about Elizabeth I.
(d) To record the history of the Tudor dynasty.
3. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
4. Where does the author say she gets her information about the queen from?
(a) Secret diaries of Queen Elizabeth.
(b) Secret diaries of Lord Burleigh.
(c) Various sources already published.
(d) Spanish and French documents about Elizabeth I.
5. What religion does Catherine Parr encourage Princess Elizabeth and Prince Edward to study?
(d) The Reformed Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who keeps Princess Elizabeth from her dying brother's bedside and intercepts her correspondence to the young king?
2. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
3. Who marries his son to Lady Jane Grey because of her place in the line of succession to the throne of England?
4. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
5. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)