|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
(a) When the Master of the Horse becomes Elizabeth's guardian.
(b) When Elizabeth almost dies of smallpox.
(c) When Elizabeth's father dies.
(d) When they are both imprisoned in the Tower of London.
2. Where does the author say she gets her information about the queen from?
(a) Various sources already published.
(b) Secret diaries of Queen Elizabeth.
(c) Secret diaries of Lord Burleigh.
(d) Spanish and French documents about Elizabeth I.
3. What happens to Princess Elizabeth's mother when the princess is just a toddler?
(a) She dies in childbirth.
(b) She drowns at sea while traveling with the king.
(c) She dies of smallpox.
(d) She is accused of adultery and treason and beheaded.
4. Who does Elizabeth choose as her Master of the Horse when she first becomes queen?
(a) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
(b) Lord Robert Dudley.
(c) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(d) Sir Francis Drake.
5. Whose household does Princess Elizabeth live in after her father's death?
(a) Her half sister, Mary Tudor.
(b) Her stepmother, Catherine Parr, the Queen Dowager.
(c) Mary Stuart.
(d) The Duke of Somerset.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
2. What story arose about Elizabeth I's appearance after the age of thirty?
3. Who marries his son to Lady Jane Grey because of her place in the line of succession to the throne of England?
4. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
5. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who is caught with the teenage Princess Elizabeth in his arms and eventually taken to the Tower and executed for planning to marry her without the king's Privy Council?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)