Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With Spain supporting Mary Stuart and planning to invade England on her behalf, with what country is it important for Queen Elizabeth and England to form an alliance?
2. What debts does Queen Elizabeth pay off in 1573?
(a) Debts to France.
(b) Debts to Germany.
(c) Debts to Spain.
(d) Debts her father and brother owe London.
3. Where does the author say she gets her information about the queen from?
(a) Secret diaries of Lord Burleigh.
(b) Secret diaries of Queen Elizabeth.
(c) Spanish and French documents about Elizabeth I.
(d) Various sources already published.
4. To whom does Queen Elizabeth give the Earldom of Leicester?
(a) Lord Robert Dudley.
(b) Sir William Cecil.
(c) Lord Darnley.
(d) Edward Courtenay.
5. How does Queen Elizabeth revive the Royal Navy?
(a) She offers titles and lands for joining the Navy.
(b) She sends medicine to ailing sailors.
(c) She drafts more men into the Navy.
(d) She increases sailors' wages and builds strong ships.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following actions does not occur in response to what Queen Elizabeth does with the cargo of the four Spanish ships?
2. To whom does Queen Elizabeth confide in Chapter 21 that she hates the idea of marriage more every day?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Parliament want to force Queen Elizabeth to do?
4. Who has a medal made to commemorate the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
5. What is Queen Elizabeth's appetite like at 60 years-old?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)