|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Mary Stuart agrees to accept the husband Queen Elizabeth suggests for her, what might Elizabeth consent to do for Mary?
(a) Be godmother to her children.
(b) Give her an English estate.
(c) Give her an Army to help her take the French Crown.
(d) Name her as heiress-presumptive to the English Crown.
2. How long has Queen Elizabeth ruled England at 37 years-old?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 10 years.
3. Which of the following statements does not describe the effect the book's focus has on the book's shape?
(a) Some important events get a very brief mention.
(b) The book is arranged in chronological order.
(c) The shape of the book is very irregular.
(d) Some minor events are relayed in great detail.
4. How does Queen Elizabeth revive the Royal Navy?
(a) She increases sailors' wages and builds strong ships.
(b) She offers titles and lands for joining the Navy.
(c) She drafts more men into the Navy.
(d) She sends medicine to ailing sailors.
5. When representatives of Parliament beg the queen to marry, who does Queen Elizabeth claim to already be married to?
(a) Lord Robert Dudley.
(b) Sir William Cecil.
(c) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(d) The Kingdom of England.
Short Answer Questions
1. In whom does Mary Stuart confide when her marriage to Lord Darnley becomes unhappy?
2. When the Earl of Oxford mistreats his wife, Ann, to what does Burleigh attribute the younger man's misbehavior?
3. When Amy Dudley is found at the bottom of a staircase with a broken neck, who is immediately suspected of murdering her?
4. What is Queen Elizabeth's reaction when her Privy Council finds insufficient evidence to charge Norfolk with treason?
5. To whom does Lettice Devereux plot to marry her daughter?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)