Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to marry Don Carlos, a criminal lunatic, to gain an alliance with Spain to help dethrone Elizabeth?
(a) Catherine Grey.
(b) Lettice Devereux.
(d) Mary Stuart.
2. When Mary Stuart demands that Queen Elizabeth send her clothes suitable for her position, what does one of Elizabeth's maids send Mary?
(a) A golden, pearl-studded dress.
(b) A needle and thread to sew her own clothing.
(c) A patched and ragged dress.
(d) Two worn-out chemises, a length of black velvet, and shoes.
3. Which of the following statements does not describe the effect the book's focus has on the book's shape?
(a) The shape of the book is very irregular.
(b) The book is arranged in chronological order.
(c) Some important events get a very brief mention.
(d) Some minor events are relayed in great detail.
4. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
(a) Her country is short of funds, men, and ships.
(b) She fears retribution from Mary Stuart.
(c) She is Catholic.
(d) She fears French intervention on Scotland's behalf.
5. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
(a) When they are both imprisoned in the Tower of London.
(b) When the Master of the Horse becomes Elizabeth's guardian.
(c) When Elizabeth's father dies.
(d) When Elizabeth almost dies of smallpox.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to some books on heraldry of the period, what do the colors Queen Elizabeth tells Don Guzman de Silva are hers represent?
2. What kind of stockings does Mrs. Montagu give Queen Elizabeth in 1560?
3. What color robes does Queen Elizabeth wear for her crowning?
4. Who agrees to be the godmother to the infant son of Mary Stuart?
5. With what married woman and cousin of Queen Elizabeth does the Earl of Leicester have an affair?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)