Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Elizabeth choose as her Master of the Horse when she first becomes queen?
(a) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
(b) Lord Robert Dudley.
(c) Sir Francis Drake.
(d) Sir Christopher Hatton.
2. What are pearls said to symbolize?
(c) Psychic ability.
3. According to the introduction, on what does the book focus?
(a) The Protestant Reformation.
(b) The Spanish Armada.
(c) Life in England during Elizabeth's reign.
(d) Queen Elizabeth I.
4. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
(a) A plan to stop the Spanish marriage of Queen Mary.
(b) A French plot to make Mary Stuart Queen of England.
(c) A plot that results in Elizabeth going to the Tower.
(d) A plot to marry Princess Elizabeth to Edward Courtenay.
5. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
(a) Lady Jane Grey.
(b) The Duke of Northumberland.
(c) The Earl of Essex.
(d) Sir Philip Sidney.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, what act do Parliament and the Privy Council pass?
2. What happens to Lord Darnley in Edinburgh the day before he marries Mary Stuart?
3. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
4. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
5. Who becomes King of Scotland when Mary Stuart is forced to abdicate?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)