Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to bring Princess Elizabeth to the English throne in place of Mary, her sister?
(a) Mary dies after a long illness.
(b) Elizabeth weds Edward Courtenay and overthrows Mary.
(c) Mary is overthrown by Mary Stuart and taken to the Tower.
(d) Mary is murdered by Protestant sympathizers.
2. When Queen Elizabeth hesitates to intervene in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland, how does William Cecil persuade her to take action?
(a) He threatens to resign.
(b) He asks Lord Robert Dudley to persuade her.
(c) He tells her the nobles support war.
(d) He tells her Mary Stuart has declared war.
3. According to the introduction, on what does the book focus?
(a) Life in England during Elizabeth's reign.
(b) The Protestant Reformation.
(c) Queen Elizabeth I.
(d) The Spanish Armada.
4. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
(a) Lady Jane Grey.
(b) The Earl of Essex.
(c) Sir Philip Sidney.
(d) The Duke of Northumberland.
5. Who becomes Lord High Admiral of the English navy after King Henry VIII's death?
(a) Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester.
(b) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(c) Thomas Seymour, Somerset's brother & Edward's uncle.
(d) Sir Francis Drake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
2. What disease does Queen Elizabeth contract and nearly die of?
3. Who keeps Princess Elizabeth from her dying brother's bedside and intercepts her correspondence to the young king?
4. In Chapter 5 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, what act do Parliament and the Privy Council pass?
5. What powerful country supports the marriage of Mary Stuart to Darnley?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)