Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes Lord High Admiral of the English navy after King Henry VIII's death?
(a) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(b) Thomas Seymour, Somerset's brother & Edward's uncle.
(c) Sir Francis Drake.
(d) Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester.
2. What happens to bring Princess Elizabeth to the English throne in place of Mary, her sister?
(a) Mary dies after a long illness.
(b) Mary is overthrown by Mary Stuart and taken to the Tower.
(c) Elizabeth weds Edward Courtenay and overthrows Mary.
(d) Mary is murdered by Protestant sympathizers.
3. What does the author say the aim of the book is in the introduction?
(a) To record the history of the Tudor dynasty.
(b) To show how similar Elizabeth I was to her father Henry VIII.
(c) To collect interesting personal information about Elizabeth I.
(d) To earn the author a doctoral degree.
4. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
(a) Elizabeth's nine-year-old half brother, Edward.
(b) Lady Jane Grey.
(c) Mary Stuart.
(d) Elizabeth's 27 year-old half sister, Mary Tudor.
5. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
(a) Catherine of Aragon, King Henry VIII's first wife.
(b) Ann Boleyn, King Henry VIII's second wife.
(c) Jane Seymour, King Henry VIII's third wife.
(d) Catherine Howard, King Henry VIII's fifth wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
2. What Catholic does William Cecil think will ascend to the throne and revive Catholicism in England if the Protestant Queen Elizabeth dies without a child?
3. What religion does Catherine Parr encourage Princess Elizabeth and Prince Edward to study?
4. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
5. How many people attend the state banquet in Westminster hall to celebrate Queen Elizabeth's coronation?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)