Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion does Catherine Parr encourage Princess Elizabeth and Prince Edward to study?
(d) The Reformed Church.
2. Who marries his son to Lady Jane Grey because of her place in the line of succession to the throne of England?
(a) The Duke of Northumberland.
(b) Thomas Seymour.
(c) Philip Sidney.
(d) Sir Francis Drake.
3. What does the author say the aim of the book is in the introduction?
(a) To earn the author a doctoral degree.
(b) To show how similar Elizabeth I was to her father Henry VIII.
(c) To record the history of the Tudor dynasty.
(d) To collect interesting personal information about Elizabeth I.
4. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth I's physical appearance?
(a) She closely resembles her father, Henry VIII.
(b) Her eyes are golden and large-pupiled from short sight.
(c) She has her mother's sallow and dark complexion.
(d) She has red-gold hair and very fair skin.
5. To whom does Elizabeth give a lock of graying red hair in 1572 when she is 39 years-old?
(a) The Earl of Essex.
(b) The Pope.
(c) King Philip of Spain.
(d) The poet, Sir Philip Sidney.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2 of <i>Elizabeth the Great</i>, who appoints himself Duke of Somerset and Protector and advisor to young King Edward after King Henry VIII's death?
2. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
3. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
4. What Catholic does William Cecil think will ascend to the throne and revive Catholicism in England if the Protestant Queen Elizabeth dies without a child?
5. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)