|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical ailment on Queen Elizabeth's leg heals in 1578?
(b) An ulcer.
(c) A broken bone.
(d) A burn.
2. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
(a) Mary Stuart.
(b) Elizabeth's 27 year-old half sister, Mary Tudor.
(c) Elizabeth's nine-year-old half brother, Edward.
(d) Lady Jane Grey.
3. Where do Catholics massacre Protestants in great numbers in the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
(c) Rome, Italy.
(d) Paris, France.
4. What lands does the Prince of Orange ask Elizabeth to become queen of at the beginning of Chapter 24?
(a) Scotland and Spain.
(d) Holland, Zeeland and Utrecht.
5. Who do the English blame for the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
(a) King Philip of Spain.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) The Pope.
(d) Catherine de Medici.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Queen Elizabeth send Mary Stuart to at the end of Chapter 11?
2. What does Queen Elizabeth decide to do with Alenzon?
3. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to ratify the Treaty of Edinburgh?
4. How long has Queen Elizabeth ruled England at 37 years-old?
5. Who does the Prince of Orange make the titular head of the lands he offers to Queen Elizabeth when the queen refuses to accept his honor?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)