|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe an effect the pope's actions against Queen Elizabeth have on English Catholics?
(a) Elizabeth's policy of religious compromise is shattered.
(b) They are traitors to the queen if obedient to the Pope.
(c) They are disobedient to the Pope if loyal to the queen.
(d) Mary Stuart is crowned Queen of England.
2. Who marries Lord Sheffield's widow four days before she gives birth to his son?
(a) The Earl of Leicester.
(b) The Duke of Anjou.
(c) King Philip of Spain.
(d) The Earl of Essex.
3. What happens to Princess Elizabeth's mother when the princess is just a toddler?
(a) She is accused of adultery and treason and beheaded.
(b) She dies of smallpox.
(c) She dies in childbirth.
(d) She drowns at sea while traveling with the king.
4. How does Alenzon respond when Queen Elizabeth says she will not marry him after having promised to do so?
(a) He says he would rather they both die if he cannot have her.
(b) He declares war on England.
(c) He kills himself.
(d) He marries Mary Stuart.
5. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) He is her grandfather.
(c) He is her father.
(d) He is her great uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the French ambassador tell the Spanish ambassador about the way Queen Elizabeth spent New Year's Night in 1566?
2. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
3. Who has a medal made to commemorate the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
4. What is Queen Elizabeth's reaction when her Privy Council finds insufficient evidence to charge Norfolk with treason?
5. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)