|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Queen Elizabeth hesitates to intervene in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland, how does William Cecil persuade her to take action?
(a) He tells her Mary Stuart has declared war.
(b) He threatens to resign.
(c) He asks Lord Robert Dudley to persuade her.
(d) He tells her the nobles support war.
2. What does the author say hair is washed with during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
(b) Lavender and roses.
(c) Olive oil.
3. With what married woman and cousin of Queen Elizabeth does the Earl of Leicester have an affair?
(a) Catherine Grey.
(b) Lady Mary Sidney.
(c) Lady Lennox.
(d) Lettice Devereux.
4. What happens to bring Princess Elizabeth to the English throne in place of Mary, her sister?
(a) Elizabeth weds Edward Courtenay and overthrows Mary.
(b) Mary is overthrown by Mary Stuart and taken to the Tower.
(c) Mary is murdered by Protestant sympathizers.
(d) Mary dies after a long illness.
5. What is William Cecil's relationship with Elizabeth in Chapter 4?
(a) He is her guard while she is in the tower.
(b) He is her cousin.
(c) He is her lover.
(d) He is her Secretary of State.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Queen Elizabeth decide to do with Alenzon?
2. Who do the English blame for the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
3. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
4. What skin disease has been thought from the time of Edward the Confessor to be curable by the sovereign's touch?
5. When Mary Stuart demands that Queen Elizabeth send her clothes suitable for her position, what does one of Elizabeth's maids send Mary?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)