|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
(a) A French plot to make Mary Stuart Queen of England.
(b) A plot to marry Princess Elizabeth to Edward Courtenay.
(c) A plan to stop the Spanish marriage of Queen Mary.
(d) A plot that results in Elizabeth going to the Tower.
2. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to ratify the Treaty of Edinburgh?
(a) It recognizes Elizabeth as Queen of England.
(b) It gives Scotland to France.
(c) It gives Scotland to Elizabeth.
(d) It gives Scotland to Spain.
3. Who does the Prince of Orange make the titular head of the lands he offers to Queen Elizabeth when the queen refuses to accept his honor?
(a) Catherine de Medici.
(b) Lord Burleigh.
(c) The Earl of Leicester.
(d) Mary Stuart.
4. Who does Mary Stuart say in Chapter 24 that she is bequeathing the English crown to instead of her son, King James?
(a) To the Earl of Essex.
(b) To the King of Spain.
(c) To Prince Alenzon.
(d) To Lord Bothwell.
5. How does Lord Burleigh suggest that Queen Elizabeth rid herself of Alenzon when the prince insists they must marry as she promised?
(a) Offer him Mary Stuart as a bride.
(b) Marry him or pay him a lot of money.
(c) Have him assassinated.
(d) Help him seize the French throne from his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Babington plot?
2. Which of the following is not a place where glass is used in England as peacetime prosperity develops an increasing market for it?
3. What happens when the Scottish Lords try to rescue Mary Stuart from Tutbury Castle where she is being held?
4. What does Queen Elizabeth decide to do with Alenzon?
5. According to King Henry's will, what is the order of succession to the throne?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)