|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of stockings does Mrs. Montagu give Queen Elizabeth in 1560?
(a) Worsted stockings.
(b) Wool stockings.
(c) Knitted silk stockings.
(d) Taffeta stockings.
2. With what country does the king of France threaten to ally if Queen Elizabeth does not marry Alenzon?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Parliament want to force Queen Elizabeth to do?
(a) Surrender her throne to Catherine Grey.
(b) Declare war on Spain.
(c) Declare war on France.
4. Who promotes Lord Darnley as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
(a) William Cecil.
(b) His mother, Lady Lennox.
(c) The Earl of Leicester.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
5. According to King Henry's will, what is the order of succession to the throne?
(a) Mary, Elizabeth, Edward.
(b) Lady Jane Grey, Edward, Mary.
(c) Mary, Edward, Lady Jane Grey.
(d) Edward, Mary, Elizabeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Catherine Parr encourage Princess Elizabeth and Prince Edward to study?
2. When Queen Elizabeth is 40 years-old, what trait has become more pronounced in her?
3. Who becomes King of Scotland when Mary Stuart is forced to abdicate?
4. When Alenzon and his ambassador are walking with Queen Elizabeth, what actions of the queen indicate her intent to marry Alenzon?
5. What does the French ambassador tell the Spanish ambassador about the way Queen Elizabeth spent New Year's Night in 1566?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)