|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
(a) Elizabeth's 27 year-old half sister, Mary Tudor.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) Lady Jane Grey.
(d) Elizabeth's nine-year-old half brother, Edward.
2. With what married woman and cousin of Queen Elizabeth does the Earl of Leicester have an affair?
(a) Lettice Devereux.
(b) Lady Mary Sidney.
(c) Lady Lennox.
(d) Catherine Grey.
3. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to ratify the Treaty of Edinburgh?
(a) It gives Scotland to France.
(b) It gives Scotland to Elizabeth.
(c) It recognizes Elizabeth as Queen of England.
(d) It gives Scotland to Spain.
4. What lands does the Prince of Orange ask Elizabeth to become queen of at the beginning of Chapter 24?
(a) Scotland and Spain.
(d) Holland, Zeeland and Utrecht.
5. What keeps Queen Elizabeth's complexion so white?
(a) Elizabeth avoids sunlight.
(b) A lotion of egg white, eggshell, alum, borax & poppyseeds.
(c) Elizabeth wears a white powder.
(d) Elizabeth is an albino.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Queen Elizabeth ask to see when she visits Dr. John Dee at the beginning of Chapter 18?
2. Which of Queen Elizabeth's suitors does Sir William Cecil draw a table of the pros and cons of the potential marriage?
3. Who expects to be named Queen Elizabeth's "heiress-presumptive"?
4. What Catholic does William Cecil think will ascend to the throne and revive Catholicism in England if the Protestant Queen Elizabeth dies without a child?
5. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)