|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say hair is washed with during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
(a) Olive oil.
(c) Lavender and roses.
2. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
(a) Her boat capsizes in the English Channel.
(b) Her request for a passport is denied.
(c) English Catholics try to put her on the English throne.
(d) She gets smallpox.
3. Where do Catholics massacre Protestants in great numbers in the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
(b) Rome, Italy.
(d) Paris, France.
4. To what does Queen Elizabeth ascribe her safety despite so many plots to kill her?
(a) To her Privy Council.
(b) To her soldiers.
(c) To God's protection.
(d) To her Navy.
5. What physical ailment on Queen Elizabeth's leg heals in 1578?
(a) A broken bone.
(c) A burn.
(d) An ulcer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elizabeth choose as her Master of the Horse when she first becomes queen?
2. What kind of stockings does Mrs. Montagu give Queen Elizabeth in 1560?
3. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
4. What is the Babington plot?
5. What keeps Queen Elizabeth's complexion so white?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)