|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the Scottish Lords try to rescue Mary Stuart from Tutbury Castle where she is being held?
(a) They succeed in rescuing her and escape to Scotland.
(b) They are intercepted by English troops and battle ensues.
(c) They are reported to the queen and flee to France.
(d) They find she has been moved to Coventry.
2. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
(a) A plot to marry Princess Elizabeth to Edward Courtenay.
(b) A French plot to make Mary Stuart Queen of England.
(c) A plan to stop the Spanish marriage of Queen Mary.
(d) A plot that results in Elizabeth going to the Tower.
3. What famous poem does Sir Philip Sidney write in honor of the woman he loves?
(b) Love Song to an Enchantress.
(c) Astrophel and Stella.
(d) Silver Fairies and Golden Gnomes,
4. Why does Queen Elizabeth refuse the Prince of Orange's request to become queen of additional lands?
(a) The lands are too infested with pirates to interest her.
(b) The lands are too poor to interest her.
(c) Doing so would put England at open war with Spain.
(d) She would have to marry him to become the queen.
5. Who is suspected of poisoning Lord Sheffield at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) Sir Francis Walsingham.
(b) The Earl of Leicester.
(c) Lord Burleigh.
(d) The Duke of Norfolk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
2. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
3. The Scottish Lords expect to find English Catholics waiting to rise and overthrow Elizabeth's government with them, but what do they find instead?
4. Who promotes Lord Darnley as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
5. Which of the following statements does not describe Prince Alenzon, Queen Elizabeth's French suitor?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)