|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
(a) The Duke of Northumberland and Lady Jane Grey.
(b) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
(c) Prince Philip of Spain.
(d) Mary Stuart.
2. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
(a) A plot that results in Elizabeth going to the Tower.
(b) A plan to stop the Spanish marriage of Queen Mary.
(c) A French plot to make Mary Stuart Queen of England.
(d) A plot to marry Princess Elizabeth to Edward Courtenay.
3. According to King Henry's will, what is the order of succession to the throne?
(a) Mary, Elizabeth, Edward.
(b) Edward, Mary, Elizabeth.
(c) Mary, Edward, Lady Jane Grey.
(d) Lady Jane Grey, Edward, Mary.
4. Who marries Lord Sheffield's widow four days before she gives birth to his son?
(a) King Philip of Spain.
(b) The Earl of Essex.
(c) The Earl of Leicester.
(d) The Duke of Anjou.
5. What does Queen Elizabeth decide to do with Alenzon?
(a) She has him assassinated.
(b) She marries him.
(c) She gives him money and sends him to the Netherlands.
(d) She helps him seize the French throne from his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Queen Elizabeth react when she receives word that Mary Stuart has been beheaded?
2. In Chapter 23, how long are all Jesuits and seminary priests and all those who entered the Catholic priesthood since 1559 given to leave England?
3. Which of the following is not an entertainment provided for Queen Elizabeth during her visit to Kenilworth?
4. What lands does the Prince of Orange ask Elizabeth to become queen of at the beginning of Chapter 24?
5. Who does the Earl of Leicester secretly marry in 1578?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)