|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Mary Stuart agrees to accept the husband Queen Elizabeth suggests for her, what might Elizabeth consent to do for Mary?
(a) Be godmother to her children.
(b) Give her an Army to help her take the French Crown.
(c) Name her as heiress-presumptive to the English Crown.
(d) Give her an English estate.
2. What is Queen Elizabeth supposed to be able to cure by prayer and touch?
(c) The plague.
3. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
(a) She fears retribution from Mary Stuart.
(b) She is Catholic.
(c) She fears French intervention on Scotland's behalf.
(d) Her country is short of funds, men, and ships.
4. Who shows over familiarity with the queen by taking her napkin out of her hand to wipe his sweaty face during a tennis game?
(a) Philip Sidney.
(b) King Philip of Spain.
(c) The Duke of Norfolk.
(d) Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester.
5. To what does Queen Elizabeth ascribe her safety despite so many plots to kill her?
(a) To her Privy Council.
(b) To her Navy.
(c) To her soldiers.
(d) To God's protection.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Alenzon and his ambassador are walking with Queen Elizabeth, what actions of the queen indicate her intent to marry Alenzon?
2. What does Queen Elizabeth decide to do with Alenzon?
3. How does Lord Burleigh suggest that Queen Elizabeth rid herself of Alenzon when the prince insists they must marry as she promised?
4. Where do Catholics massacre Protestants in great numbers in the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
5. According to King Henry's will, what is the order of succession to the throne?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)