|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Elizabeth choose as her Master of the Horse when she first becomes queen?
(a) Sir Francis Drake.
(b) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
(c) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(d) Lord Robert Dudley.
2. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
(a) Sir Philip Sidney.
(b) Prince Philip of Spain.
(c) The Duke of Norfolk.
(d) Edward Courtenay.
3. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
(a) Elizabeth's nine-year-old half brother, Edward.
(b) Elizabeth's 27 year-old half sister, Mary Tudor.
(c) Mary Stuart.
(d) Lady Jane Grey.
4. To whom does Queen Elizabeth confide in Chapter 21 that she hates the idea of marriage more every day?
(a) Sir Francis Walsingham.
(b) The Earl of Sussex.
(c) The Earl of Leicester.
(d) Sir Philip Sidney.
5. How long has Queen Elizabeth ruled England at 37 years-old?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 12 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Queen Elizabeth send Mary Stuart to at the end of Chapter 11?
2. Who shows over familiarity with the queen by taking her napkin out of her hand to wipe his sweaty face during a tennis game?
3. When Queen Elizabeth has an abscessed tooth but fears to have her tooth pulled, what convinces her to consent to have the procedure done?
4. What does Queen Elizabeth decide to do with Alenzon?
5. Which of the following statements does not describe an effect the pope's actions against Queen Elizabeth have on English Catholics?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)