|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does Pope Pius take against Queen Elizabeth in 1570?
(a) He hires an assassin to kill her.
(b) He calls Europe to war against her.
(c) He curses her and asks God to smite her.
(d) He excommunicates her.
2. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
(a) He is her grandfather.
(b) He is her uncle.
(c) He is her father.
(d) He is her great uncle.
3. What happens to Princess Elizabeth's mother when the princess is just a toddler?
(a) She drowns at sea while traveling with the king.
(b) She dies in childbirth.
(c) She dies of smallpox.
(d) She is accused of adultery and treason and beheaded.
4. What skin disease has been thought from the time of Edward the Confessor to be curable by the sovereign's touch?
(a) Scrofula, a tubercular skin infection.
5. When the Church of England is criticized for appointing incompetent clergy, which of the following is not the kind of man Queen Elizabeth advises the bishops to appoint?
(a) Men who can read the Scriptures to the people.
(b) Men who can preach to the people.
(c) Honest, sober, and wise men.
(d) Former Catholic priests trained in Latin.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Queen Elizabeth has an abscessed tooth but fears to have her tooth pulled, what convinces her to consent to have the procedure done?
2. When Queen Elizabeth hesitates to intervene in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland, how does William Cecil persuade her to take action?
3. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
4. Who has a medal made to commemorate the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
5. When Mary Stuart demands that Queen Elizabeth send her clothes suitable for her position, what does one of Elizabeth's maids send Mary?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)