|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is William Cecil's relationship with Elizabeth in Chapter 4?
(a) He is her lover.
(b) He is her Secretary of State.
(c) He is her guard while she is in the tower.
(d) He is her cousin.
2. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
(a) A French plot to make Mary Stuart Queen of England.
(b) A plot that results in Elizabeth going to the Tower.
(c) A plot to marry Princess Elizabeth to Edward Courtenay.
(d) A plan to stop the Spanish marriage of Queen Mary.
3. When Queen Elizabeth is 40 years-old, what trait has become more pronounced in her?
(a) Her intelligence.
(b) Her nervous irritability.
(c) Her artistry.
(d) Her skill in the hunt.
4. Who becomes King of Scotland when Mary Stuart is forced to abdicate?
(a) James, her 13 month-old son.
(b) Lord Bothwell.
(c) The Earl of Leicester.
(d) Lord Darnley.
5. Who entertains Queen Elizabeth at his estate of Kenilworth in Chapter 18?
(a) The Duke of Alba.
(b) Lord Burleigh.
(c) Sir Henry Sidney.
(d) The Earl of Leicester.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Queen Elizabeth ruled England at 37 years-old?
2. What is the Babington plot?
3. Which of the following is not an entertainment provided for Queen Elizabeth during her visit to Kenilworth?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Parliament want to force Queen Elizabeth to do?
5. Who does Queen Elizabeth suggest as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)