|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Elizabeth choose as her Master of the Horse when she first becomes queen?
(a) Lord Robert Dudley.
(b) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(c) Sir Francis Drake.
(d) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
2. What is William Cecil's relationship with Elizabeth in Chapter 4?
(a) He is her Secretary of State.
(b) He is her cousin.
(c) He is her guard while she is in the tower.
(d) He is her lover.
3. When Queen Elizabeth has an abscessed tooth but fears to have her tooth pulled, what convinces her to consent to have the procedure done?
(a) Her abscess causes a high fever that threatens her life.
(b) The Earl of Leicester offers to pull the tooth for her.
(c) The Bishop of London has his tooth pulled as an example.
(d) Herbs can put her to sleep for the procedure.
4. When the Earl of Leicester marries in 1578, what step does his bride's father take to ensure the marriage is legal?
(a) He threatens to kill Leicester if no wedding occurs.
(b) He insists on witnessing the ceremony.
(c) He asks the queen to attend the ceremony.
(d) He brings the priest to marry the couple himself.
5. What does Queen Elizabeth ask to see when she visits Dr. John Dee at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) His new wife.
(b) His new horses.
(c) his Spanish gold.
(d) His speculum of magic glass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
2. When Amy Dudley is found at the bottom of a staircase with a broken neck, who is immediately suspected of murdering her?
3. Who says the Massacre of St. Bartholomew is the greatest crime since the Crucifixion?
4. Who expects to be named Queen Elizabeth's "heiress-presumptive"?
5. Which of the following statements does not describe an effect the pope's actions against Queen Elizabeth have on English Catholics?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)