|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Queen Elizabeth send Mary Stuart to at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Tutbury Castle.
(c) Hatfield Palace.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Parliament want to force Queen Elizabeth to do?
(a) Surrender her throne to Catherine Grey.
(b) Declare war on France.
(c) Declare war on Spain.
3. What kind of stockings does Mrs. Montagu give Queen Elizabeth in 1560?
(a) Worsted stockings.
(b) Knitted silk stockings.
(c) Taffeta stockings.
(d) Wool stockings.
4. Who do the English blame for the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
(a) Mary Stuart.
(b) Catherine de Medici.
(c) The Pope.
(d) King Philip of Spain.
5. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
(a) The Earl of Essex.
(b) Sir Philip Sidney.
(c) The Duke of Northumberland.
(d) Lady Jane Grey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says the Massacre of St. Bartholomew is the greatest crime since the Crucifixion?
2. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to divorce Lord Darnley?
3. Who does the Prince of Orange make the titular head of the lands he offers to Queen Elizabeth when the queen refuses to accept his honor?
4. When Queen Elizabeth is 40 years-old, what trait has become more pronounced in her?
5. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)