|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says the Massacre of St. Bartholomew is the greatest crime since the Crucifixion?
(a) Lord Burleigh.
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
(c) The Earl of Leicester.
(d) The Pope.
2. How does Queen Elizabeth react when she receives word that Mary Stuart has been beheaded?
(a) She faints.
(b) She weeps.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She prays for Mary's soul.
3. What happens when the Scottish Lords try to rescue Mary Stuart from Tutbury Castle where she is being held?
(a) They succeed in rescuing her and escape to Scotland.
(b) They are intercepted by English troops and battle ensues.
(c) They find she has been moved to Coventry.
(d) They are reported to the queen and flee to France.
4. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
(a) When the Master of the Horse becomes Elizabeth's guardian.
(b) When they are both imprisoned in the Tower of London.
(c) When Elizabeth almost dies of smallpox.
(d) When Elizabeth's father dies.
5. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
Short Answer Questions
1. With what country does the king of France threaten to ally if Queen Elizabeth does not marry Alenzon?
2. The Scottish Lords expect to find English Catholics waiting to rise and overthrow Elizabeth's government with them, but what do they find instead?
3. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
4. What physical ailment on Queen Elizabeth's leg heals in 1578?
5. How long has Queen Elizabeth ruled England at 37 years-old?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)