|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
(a) Prince Philip of Spain.
(b) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
(c) The Duke of Northumberland and Lady Jane Grey.
(d) Mary Stuart.
2. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
(a) He is her grandfather.
(b) He is her uncle.
(c) He is her great uncle.
(d) He is her father.
3. What happens to Lord Darnley in Edinburgh the day before he marries Mary Stuart?
(a) He is killed in a sword fight.
(b) He drowns.
(c) He is proclaimed King of Scotland.
(d) He gets the plague.
4. In addition to anyone who murders Queen Elizabeth, who does the Bond of Associate bind Queen Elizabeth's Privy Council to pursue to death?
(a) Anyone who finances Queen Elizabeth's murder.
(b) Anyone who murders a member of the Privy Council.
(c) Anyone in whose interest Queen Elizabeth is murdered.
(d) Anyone who murders the Earl of Leicester.
5. What is the Babington plot?
(a) A plot to for Mary Stuart to wed the King of Spain.
(b) A plot to murder Elizabeth & put Mary Stuart on the throne.
(c) A plot to murder Mary Stuart.
(d) A plot to kidnap King James of Scotland.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Queen Elizabeth confide in Chapter 21 that she hates the idea of marriage more every day?
2. Who becomes King of Scotland when Mary Stuart is forced to abdicate?
3. Which of the following statements does not describe an effect the pope's actions against Queen Elizabeth have on English Catholics?
4. In Chapter 23, how long are all Jesuits and seminary priests and all those who entered the Catholic priesthood since 1559 given to leave England?
5. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)