|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author say teeth are cleaned during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
(a) By rubbing them with a cloth and using a toothpick.
(b) Teeth were never cleaned then.
(c) By rinsing the mouth with water and salt.
(d) By using a toothbrush just like people today use.
2. How long has Queen Elizabeth ruled England at 37 years-old?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 30 years.
3. Which of the following is not an action Sir William Cecil advises Queen Elizabeth to take to reduce the danger of Mary Stuart seizing the English throne?
(a) Forcing Mary Stuart to marry the Earl of Leicester.
(b) Disallowing Mary Stuart's divorce from Bothwell.
(c) Publicly declaring Mary Stuart guilty of Darnley's murder.
(d) Keeping Mary Stuart in prison.
4. Who does the Prince of Orange make the titular head of the lands he offers to Queen Elizabeth when the queen refuses to accept his honor?
(a) Mary Stuart.
(b) The Earl of Leicester.
(c) Lord Burleigh.
(d) Catherine de Medici.
5. What does Queen Elizabeth decide to do with Alenzon?
(a) She has him assassinated.
(b) She marries him.
(c) She helps him seize the French throne from his brother.
(d) She gives him money and sends him to the Netherlands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical ailment on Queen Elizabeth's leg heals in 1578?
2. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
3. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
4. When Alenzon and his ambassador are walking with Queen Elizabeth, what actions of the queen indicate her intent to marry Alenzon?
5. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)