|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Queen Elizabeth send Mary Stuart to at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Hatfield Palace.
(c) Tutbury Castle.
2. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to ratify the Treaty of Edinburgh?
(a) It gives Scotland to Elizabeth.
(b) It gives Scotland to Spain.
(c) It gives Scotland to France.
(d) It recognizes Elizabeth as Queen of England.
3. Who shows over familiarity with the queen by taking her napkin out of her hand to wipe his sweaty face during a tennis game?
(a) Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester.
(b) Philip Sidney.
(c) The Duke of Norfolk.
(d) King Philip of Spain.
4. In addition to anyone who murders Queen Elizabeth, who does the Bond of Associate bind Queen Elizabeth's Privy Council to pursue to death?
(a) Anyone who finances Queen Elizabeth's murder.
(b) Anyone who murders the Earl of Leicester.
(c) Anyone who murders a member of the Privy Council.
(d) Anyone in whose interest Queen Elizabeth is murdered.
5. If Mary Stuart agrees to accept the husband Queen Elizabeth suggests for her, what might Elizabeth consent to do for Mary?
(a) Give her an Army to help her take the French Crown.
(b) Give her an English estate.
(c) Be godmother to her children.
(d) Name her as heiress-presumptive to the English Crown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says the Massacre of St. Bartholomew is the greatest crime since the Crucifixion?
2. Who do the English blame for the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
3. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
4. What keeps Queen Elizabeth's complexion so white?
5. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)