|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lands does the Prince of Orange ask Elizabeth to become queen of at the beginning of Chapter 24?
(b) Scotland and Spain.
(c) Holland, Zeeland and Utrecht.
2. Why does Queen Elizabeth refuse the Prince of Orange's request to become queen of additional lands?
(a) The lands are too infested with pirates to interest her.
(b) The lands are too poor to interest her.
(c) She would have to marry him to become the queen.
(d) Doing so would put England at open war with Spain.
3. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to ratify the Treaty of Edinburgh?
(a) It recognizes Elizabeth as Queen of England.
(b) It gives Scotland to Elizabeth.
(c) It gives Scotland to Spain.
(d) It gives Scotland to France.
4. Who says the Massacre of St. Bartholomew is the greatest crime since the Crucifixion?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The Earl of Leicester.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
(d) Lord Burleigh.
5. In addition to anyone who murders Queen Elizabeth, who does the Bond of Associate bind Queen Elizabeth's Privy Council to pursue to death?
(a) Anyone in whose interest Queen Elizabeth is murdered.
(b) Anyone who murders a member of the Privy Council.
(c) Anyone who finances Queen Elizabeth's murder.
(d) Anyone who murders the Earl of Leicester.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
2. Who expects to be named Queen Elizabeth's "heiress-presumptive"?
3. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
4. According to some books on heraldry of the period, what do the colors Queen Elizabeth tells Don Guzman de Silva are hers represent?
5. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)