|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Queen Elizabeth supposed to be able to cure by prayer and touch?
(c) The plague.
2. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to ratify the Treaty of Edinburgh?
(a) It gives Scotland to Elizabeth.
(b) It gives Scotland to France.
(c) It recognizes Elizabeth as Queen of England.
(d) It gives Scotland to Spain.
3. Which of the following is not an entertainment provided for Queen Elizabeth during her visit to Kenilworth?
(b) A bear-baiting.
(d) Hunting a hart.
4. What religion does Catherine Parr encourage Princess Elizabeth and Prince Edward to study?
(d) The Reformed Church.
5. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
(a) The Duke of Northumberland.
(b) Lady Jane Grey.
(c) Sir Philip Sidney.
(d) The Earl of Essex.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
2. Who shows over familiarity with the queen by taking her napkin out of her hand to wipe his sweaty face during a tennis game?
3. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
4. Who does the Earl of Leicester secretly marry in 1578?
5. To whom does Queen Elizabeth confide in Chapter 21 that she hates the idea of marriage more every day?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)