|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Queen Elizabeth send Mary Stuart to at the end of Chapter 11?
(c) Tutbury Castle.
(d) Hatfield Palace.
2. How does Alenzon respond when Queen Elizabeth says she will not marry him after having promised to do so?
(a) He declares war on England.
(b) He kills himself.
(c) He says he would rather they both die if he cannot have her.
(d) He marries Mary Stuart.
3. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
(a) A French plot to make Mary Stuart Queen of England.
(b) A plot that results in Elizabeth going to the Tower.
(c) A plot to marry Princess Elizabeth to Edward Courtenay.
(d) A plan to stop the Spanish marriage of Queen Mary.
4. What action does Pope Pius take against Queen Elizabeth in 1570?
(a) He excommunicates her.
(b) He hires an assassin to kill her.
(c) He curses her and asks God to smite her.
(d) He calls Europe to war against her.
5. Who does Elizabeth choose as her Master of the Horse when she first becomes queen?
(a) Lord Robert Dudley.
(b) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
(c) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(d) Sir Francis Drake.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Queen Elizabeth has an abscessed tooth but fears to have her tooth pulled, what convinces her to consent to have the procedure done?
2. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
3. Which of the following is not an action Sir William Cecil advises Queen Elizabeth to take to reduce the danger of Mary Stuart seizing the English throne?
4. Who is suspected of poisoning Lord Sheffield at the end of Chapter 16?
5. When Alenzon and his ambassador are walking with Queen Elizabeth, what actions of the queen indicate her intent to marry Alenzon?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)