|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 23, how long are all Jesuits and seminary priests and all those who entered the Catholic priesthood since 1559 given to leave England?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) One year.
(d) 40 days.
2. What does Queen Elizabeth decide to do with Alenzon?
(a) She has him assassinated.
(b) She gives him money and sends him to the Netherlands.
(c) She helps him seize the French throne from his brother.
(d) She marries him.
3. Who does Queen Elizabeth suggest as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
(a) Sir William Cecil.
(b) King Philip of Spain.
(c) Lord Darnley.
(d) Lord Robert Dudley.
4. When Queen Elizabeth has an abscessed tooth but fears to have her tooth pulled, what convinces her to consent to have the procedure done?
(a) The Earl of Leicester offers to pull the tooth for her.
(b) The Bishop of London has his tooth pulled as an example.
(c) Her abscess causes a high fever that threatens her life.
(d) Herbs can put her to sleep for the procedure.
5. Who is suspected of poisoning Lord Sheffield at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) The Earl of Leicester.
(b) Lord Burleigh.
(c) The Duke of Norfolk.
(d) Sir Francis Walsingham.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Earl of Leicester marries in 1578, what step does his bride's father take to ensure the marriage is legal?
2. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
3. Which of the following statements does not describe Prince Alenzon, Queen Elizabeth's French suitor?
4. What physical ailment on Queen Elizabeth's leg heals in 1578?
5. Who says the Massacre of St. Bartholomew is the greatest crime since the Crucifixion?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)