|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
(a) When Elizabeth's father dies.
(b) When the Master of the Horse becomes Elizabeth's guardian.
(c) When Elizabeth almost dies of smallpox.
(d) When they are both imprisoned in the Tower of London.
2. When Queen Elizabeth hesitates to intervene in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland, how does William Cecil persuade her to take action?
(a) He tells her the nobles support war.
(b) He tells her Mary Stuart has declared war.
(c) He threatens to resign.
(d) He asks Lord Robert Dudley to persuade her.
3. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
(a) She is Catholic.
(b) She fears French intervention on Scotland's behalf.
(c) She fears retribution from Mary Stuart.
(d) Her country is short of funds, men, and ships.
4. If Mary Stuart agrees to accept the husband Queen Elizabeth suggests for her, what might Elizabeth consent to do for Mary?
(a) Give her an English estate.
(b) Give her an Army to help her take the French Crown.
(c) Name her as heiress-presumptive to the English Crown.
(d) Be godmother to her children.
5. What happens to Princess Elizabeth's mother when the princess is just a toddler?
(a) She is accused of adultery and treason and beheaded.
(b) She dies of smallpox.
(c) She drowns at sea while traveling with the king.
(d) She dies in childbirth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth I's physical appearance?
2. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
3. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
4. What Catholic does William Cecil think will ascend to the throne and revive Catholicism in England if the Protestant Queen Elizabeth dies without a child?
5. According to some books on heraldry of the period, what do the colors Queen Elizabeth tells Don Guzman de Silva are hers represent?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)