|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Elizabeth choose as her Master of the Horse when she first becomes queen?
(a) Sir Francis Drake.
(b) Sir Christopher Hatton.
(c) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
(d) Lord Robert Dudley.
2. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
(a) The Duke of Norfolk.
(b) Edward Courtenay.
(c) Sir Philip Sidney.
(d) Prince Philip of Spain.
3. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
(a) He is her grandfather.
(b) He is her father.
(c) He is her uncle.
(d) He is her great uncle.
4. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
5. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
(a) When the Master of the Horse becomes Elizabeth's guardian.
(b) When Elizabeth almost dies of smallpox.
(c) When they are both imprisoned in the Tower of London.
(d) When Elizabeth's father dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
2. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
3. Who expects to be named Queen Elizabeth's "heiress-presumptive"?
4. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
5. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)