|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
(a) A plot to marry Princess Elizabeth to Edward Courtenay.
(b) A plot that results in Elizabeth going to the Tower.
(c) A plan to stop the Spanish marriage of Queen Mary.
(d) A French plot to make Mary Stuart Queen of England.
2. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
(a) He is her great uncle.
(b) He is her father.
(c) He is her grandfather.
(d) He is her uncle.
3. Who expects to be named Queen Elizabeth's "heiress-presumptive"?
(a) Mary Stuart.
(b) Catherine Grey.
(c) Kat Ashley.
(d) Lady Lennox.
4. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
(a) When the Master of the Horse becomes Elizabeth's guardian.
(b) When Elizabeth almost dies of smallpox.
(c) When Elizabeth's father dies.
(d) When they are both imprisoned in the Tower of London.
5. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
(a) Jane Seymour, King Henry VIII's third wife.
(b) Ann Boleyn, King Henry VIII's second wife.
(c) Catherine of Aragon, King Henry VIII's first wife.
(d) Catherine Howard, King Henry VIII's fifth wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Queen Elizabeth give the Earldom of Leicester?
2. Who does Queen Elizabeth suggest as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
3. Who does Elizabeth choose as her Master of the Horse when she first becomes queen?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Parliament want to force Queen Elizabeth to do?
5. According to some books on heraldry of the period, what do the colors Queen Elizabeth tells Don Guzman de Silva are hers represent?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)