|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
(a) She gets smallpox.
(b) Her request for a passport is denied.
(c) English Catholics try to put her on the English throne.
(d) Her boat capsizes in the English Channel.
2. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) He is her great uncle.
(c) He is her grandfather.
(d) He is her father.
3. According to King Henry's will, what is the order of succession to the throne?
(a) Lady Jane Grey, Edward, Mary.
(b) Mary, Elizabeth, Edward.
(c) Edward, Mary, Elizabeth.
(d) Mary, Edward, Lady Jane Grey.
4. What is William Cecil's relationship with Elizabeth in Chapter 4?
(a) He is her Secretary of State.
(b) He is her lover.
(c) He is her guard while she is in the tower.
(d) He is her cousin.
5. If Mary Stuart agrees to accept the husband Queen Elizabeth suggests for her, what might Elizabeth consent to do for Mary?
(a) Be godmother to her children.
(b) Name her as heiress-presumptive to the English Crown.
(c) Give her an English estate.
(d) Give her an Army to help her take the French Crown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Parliament want to force Queen Elizabeth to do?
3. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
4. What Catholic does William Cecil think will ascend to the throne and revive Catholicism in England if the Protestant Queen Elizabeth dies without a child?
5. What colors does Queen Elizabeth tell Spanish ambassador Don Guzman de Silva are her colors?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)