|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
(a) She fears French intervention on Scotland's behalf.
(b) She is Catholic.
(c) Her country is short of funds, men, and ships.
(d) She fears retribution from Mary Stuart.
2. What is William Cecil's relationship with Elizabeth in Chapter 4?
(a) He is her guard while she is in the tower.
(b) He is her cousin.
(c) He is her Secretary of State.
(d) He is her lover.
3. What religion does Catherine Parr encourage Princess Elizabeth and Prince Edward to study?
(c) The Reformed Church.
4. Who expects to be named Queen Elizabeth's "heiress-presumptive"?
(a) Lady Lennox.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) Catherine Grey.
(d) Kat Ashley.
5. According to some books on heraldry of the period, what do the colors Queen Elizabeth tells Don Guzman de Silva are hers represent?
(a) Perpetual virginity.
(c) Victory in war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Queen Elizabeth suggest as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
2. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
3. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
4. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
5. What Catholic does William Cecil think will ascend to the throne and revive Catholicism in England if the Protestant Queen Elizabeth dies without a child?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)