|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Amy Dudley is found at the bottom of a staircase with a broken neck, who is immediately suspected of murdering her?
(a) Sir Christopher Hammond.
(b) William Cecil.
(c) Her husband, Lord Robert Dudley.
(d) Mary Stuart.
2. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to ratify the Treaty of Edinburgh?
(a) It gives Scotland to Elizabeth.
(b) It gives Scotland to Spain.
(c) It recognizes Elizabeth as Queen of England.
(d) It gives Scotland to France.
3. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
(a) When Elizabeth almost dies of smallpox.
(b) When Elizabeth's father dies.
(c) When the Master of the Horse becomes Elizabeth's guardian.
(d) When they are both imprisoned in the Tower of London.
4. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
(a) He is her grandfather.
(b) He is her uncle.
(c) He is her father.
(d) He is her great uncle.
5. Who does Elizabeth choose as her Master of the Horse when she first becomes queen?
(a) Sir Francis Drake.
(b) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
(c) Lord Robert Dudley.
(d) Sir Christopher Hatton.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Parliament want to force Queen Elizabeth to do?
2. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
3. What happens to bring Princess Elizabeth to the English throne in place of Mary, her sister?
4. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
5. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)