|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) He is her father.
(c) He is her great uncle.
(d) He is her grandfather.
2. What happens to bring Princess Elizabeth to the English throne in place of Mary, her sister?
(a) Mary is overthrown by Mary Stuart and taken to the Tower.
(b) Elizabeth weds Edward Courtenay and overthrows Mary.
(c) Mary is murdered by Protestant sympathizers.
(d) Mary dies after a long illness.
3. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to ratify the Treaty of Edinburgh?
(a) It gives Scotland to Elizabeth.
(b) It gives Scotland to Spain.
(c) It recognizes Elizabeth as Queen of England.
(d) It gives Scotland to France.
4. Who expects to be named Queen Elizabeth's "heiress-presumptive"?
(a) Mary Stuart.
(b) Lady Lennox.
(c) Kat Ashley.
(d) Catherine Grey.
5. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
(a) Prince Philip of Spain.
(b) Sir Philip Sidney.
(c) Edward Courtenay.
(d) The Duke of Norfolk.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Queen Elizabeth give the Earldom of Leicester?
2. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
3. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
4. What religion does Catherine Parr encourage Princess Elizabeth and Prince Edward to study?
5. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)