|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Queen Elizabeth hesitates to intervene in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland, how does William Cecil persuade her to take action?
(a) He tells her Mary Stuart has declared war.
(b) He tells her the nobles support war.
(c) He asks Lord Robert Dudley to persuade her.
(d) He threatens to resign.
2. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth I's physical appearance?
(a) Her eyes are golden and large-pupiled from short sight.
(b) She closely resembles her father, Henry VIII.
(c) She has red-gold hair and very fair skin.
(d) She has her mother's sallow and dark complexion.
3. What colors does Queen Elizabeth tell Spanish ambassador Don Guzman de Silva are her colors?
(a) Black and white.
(b) Black, red, and gray.
(c) Yellow and white.
(d) Red, green, and blue.
4. Who does Queen Elizabeth suggest as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
(a) Lord Darnley.
(b) Sir William Cecil.
(c) Lord Robert Dudley.
(d) King Philip of Spain.
5. Who does Elizabeth choose as her Master of the Horse when she first becomes queen?
(a) Lord Robert Dudley.
(b) Sir Francis Drake.
(c) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
(d) Sir Christopher Hatton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Catherine Parr encourage Princess Elizabeth and Prince Edward to study?
2. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
3. To whom does Queen Elizabeth give the Earldom of Leicester?
4. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
5. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)