|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth I's physical appearance?
(a) She has her mother's sallow and dark complexion.
(b) Her eyes are golden and large-pupiled from short sight.
(c) She closely resembles her father, Henry VIII.
(d) She has red-gold hair and very fair skin.
2. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
(a) Her boat capsizes in the English Channel.
(b) Her request for a passport is denied.
(c) She gets smallpox.
(d) English Catholics try to put her on the English throne.
3. When Amy Dudley is found at the bottom of a staircase with a broken neck, who is immediately suspected of murdering her?
(a) Mary Stuart.
(b) William Cecil.
(c) Her husband, Lord Robert Dudley.
(d) Sir Christopher Hammond.
4. Who expects to be named Queen Elizabeth's "heiress-presumptive"?
(a) Kat Ashley.
(b) Lady Lennox.
(c) Catherine Grey.
(d) Mary Stuart.
5. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
(a) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
(b) The Duke of Northumberland and Lady Jane Grey.
(c) Mary Stuart.
(d) Prince Philip of Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Mary Stuart agrees to accept the husband Queen Elizabeth suggests for her, what might Elizabeth consent to do for Mary?
2. What colors does Queen Elizabeth tell Spanish ambassador Don Guzman de Silva are her colors?
3. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Parliament want to force Queen Elizabeth to do?
5. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)