|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
(a) He is her father.
(b) He is her uncle.
(c) He is her grandfather.
(d) He is her great uncle.
2. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
(a) The Earl of Essex.
(b) The Duke of Northumberland.
(c) Sir Philip Sidney.
(d) Lady Jane Grey.
3. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
(a) Catherine of Aragon, King Henry VIII's first wife.
(b) Ann Boleyn, King Henry VIII's second wife.
(c) Jane Seymour, King Henry VIII's third wife.
(d) Catherine Howard, King Henry VIII's fifth wife.
4. What religion does Catherine Parr encourage Princess Elizabeth and Prince Edward to study?
(a) The Reformed Church.
5. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
(a) English Catholics try to put her on the English throne.
(b) Her boat capsizes in the English Channel.
(c) She gets smallpox.
(d) Her request for a passport is denied.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
2. What Catholic does William Cecil think will ascend to the throne and revive Catholicism in England if the Protestant Queen Elizabeth dies without a child?
3. When Amy Dudley is found at the bottom of a staircase with a broken neck, who is immediately suspected of murdering her?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Parliament want to force Queen Elizabeth to do?
5. To whom does Queen Elizabeth give the Earldom of Leicester?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)