|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
(a) Elizabeth's nine-year-old half brother, Edward.
(b) Lady Jane Grey.
(c) Mary Stuart.
(d) Elizabeth's 27 year-old half sister, Mary Tudor.
2. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
3. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
(a) When the Master of the Horse becomes Elizabeth's guardian.
(b) When Elizabeth almost dies of smallpox.
(c) When Elizabeth's father dies.
(d) When they are both imprisoned in the Tower of London.
4. What happens to bring Princess Elizabeth to the English throne in place of Mary, her sister?
(a) Mary is murdered by Protestant sympathizers.
(b) Mary dies after a long illness.
(c) Elizabeth weds Edward Courtenay and overthrows Mary.
(d) Mary is overthrown by Mary Stuart and taken to the Tower.
5. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
(a) He is her great uncle.
(b) He is her grandfather.
(c) He is her uncle.
(d) He is her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Parliament want to force Queen Elizabeth to do?
2. What happens to Princess Elizabeth's mother when the princess is just a toddler?
3. What colors does Queen Elizabeth tell Spanish ambassador Don Guzman de Silva are her colors?
4. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
5. When Amy Dudley is found at the bottom of a staircase with a broken neck, who is immediately suspected of murdering her?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)