|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What colors does Queen Elizabeth tell Spanish ambassador Don Guzman de Silva are her colors?
(a) Red, green, and blue.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Yellow and white.
(d) Black, red, and gray.
2. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
3. If Mary Stuart agrees to accept the husband Queen Elizabeth suggests for her, what might Elizabeth consent to do for Mary?
(a) Give her an Army to help her take the French Crown.
(b) Give her an English estate.
(c) Be godmother to her children.
(d) Name her as heiress-presumptive to the English Crown.
4. Who does Queen Elizabeth suggest as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
(a) King Philip of Spain.
(b) Sir William Cecil.
(c) Lord Darnley.
(d) Lord Robert Dudley.
5. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to ratify the Treaty of Edinburgh?
(a) It gives Scotland to Elizabeth.
(b) It gives Scotland to France.
(c) It recognizes Elizabeth as Queen of England.
(d) It gives Scotland to Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth I's physical appearance?
2. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
3. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
4. According to King Henry's will, what is the order of succession to the throne?
5. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)