|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
(a) A plan to stop the Spanish marriage of Queen Mary.
(b) A plot to marry Princess Elizabeth to Edward Courtenay.
(c) A French plot to make Mary Stuart Queen of England.
(d) A plot that results in Elizabeth going to the Tower.
2. To whom does Queen Elizabeth give the Earldom of Leicester?
(a) Edward Courtenay.
(b) Lord Darnley.
(c) Lord Robert Dudley.
(d) Sir William Cecil.
3. What colors does Queen Elizabeth tell Spanish ambassador Don Guzman de Silva are her colors?
(a) Black and white.
(b) Yellow and white.
(c) Black, red, and gray.
(d) Red, green, and blue.
4. If Mary Stuart agrees to accept the husband Queen Elizabeth suggests for her, what might Elizabeth consent to do for Mary?
(a) Give her an Army to help her take the French Crown.
(b) Be godmother to her children.
(c) Give her an English estate.
(d) Name her as heiress-presumptive to the English Crown.
5. When Amy Dudley is found at the bottom of a staircase with a broken neck, who is immediately suspected of murdering her?
(a) Her husband, Lord Robert Dudley.
(b) Sir Christopher Hammond.
(c) William Cecil.
(d) Mary Stuart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
2. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
3. According to King Henry's will, what is the order of succession to the throne?
4. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
5. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)