|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Princess Elizabeth's mother when the princess is just a toddler?
(a) She is accused of adultery and treason and beheaded.
(b) She drowns at sea while traveling with the king.
(c) She dies in childbirth.
(d) She dies of smallpox.
2. What Catholic does William Cecil think will ascend to the throne and revive Catholicism in England if the Protestant Queen Elizabeth dies without a child?
(a) The Duke of Norfolk.
(b) Prince Philip of Spain.
(c) Edward Courtenay.
(d) Mary Tudor.
3. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
(a) A plan to stop the Spanish marriage of Queen Mary.
(b) A plot that results in Elizabeth going to the Tower.
(c) A French plot to make Mary Stuart Queen of England.
(d) A plot to marry Princess Elizabeth to Edward Courtenay.
4. When Amy Dudley is found at the bottom of a staircase with a broken neck, who is immediately suspected of murdering her?
(a) Her husband, Lord Robert Dudley.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) William Cecil.
(d) Sir Christopher Hammond.
5. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
(a) Prince Philip of Spain.
(b) Sir Philip Sidney.
(c) The Duke of Norfolk.
(d) Edward Courtenay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
2. Who does Elizabeth choose as her Master of the Horse when she first becomes queen?
3. According to some books on heraldry of the period, what do the colors Queen Elizabeth tells Don Guzman de Silva are hers represent?
4. According to King Henry's will, what is the order of succession to the throne?
5. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)