|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Amy Dudley is found at the bottom of a staircase with a broken neck, who is immediately suspected of murdering her?
(a) Mary Stuart.
(b) William Cecil.
(c) Her husband, Lord Robert Dudley.
(d) Sir Christopher Hammond.
2. What happens to bring Princess Elizabeth to the English throne in place of Mary, her sister?
(a) Mary is murdered by Protestant sympathizers.
(b) Mary is overthrown by Mary Stuart and taken to the Tower.
(c) Mary dies after a long illness.
(d) Elizabeth weds Edward Courtenay and overthrows Mary.
3. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
4. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
(a) Elizabeth's 27 year-old half sister, Mary Tudor.
(b) Lady Jane Grey.
(c) Elizabeth's nine-year-old half brother, Edward.
(d) Mary Stuart.
5. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
(a) She fears retribution from Mary Stuart.
(b) She is Catholic.
(c) She fears French intervention on Scotland's behalf.
(d) Her country is short of funds, men, and ships.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
2. To whom does Queen Elizabeth give the Earldom of Leicester?
3. According to King Henry's will, what is the order of succession to the throne?
4. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
5. What religion does Catherine Parr encourage Princess Elizabeth and Prince Edward to study?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)