|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
2. Who expects to be named Queen Elizabeth's "heiress-presumptive"?
(a) Lady Lennox.
(b) Kat Ashley.
(c) Catherine Grey.
(d) Mary Stuart.
3. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
(a) She gets smallpox.
(b) Her boat capsizes in the English Channel.
(c) Her request for a passport is denied.
(d) English Catholics try to put her on the English throne.
4. To whom does Queen Elizabeth give the Earldom of Leicester?
(a) Sir William Cecil.
(b) Lord Robert Dudley.
(c) Lord Darnley.
(d) Edward Courtenay.
5. What colors does Queen Elizabeth tell Spanish ambassador Don Guzman de Silva are her colors?
(a) Black and white.
(b) Red, green, and blue.
(c) Black, red, and gray.
(d) Yellow and white.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Parliament want to force Queen Elizabeth to do?
2. What is William Cecil's relationship with Elizabeth in Chapter 4?
3. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
4. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
5. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)