|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to ratify the Treaty of Edinburgh?
(a) It gives Scotland to France.
(b) It recognizes Elizabeth as Queen of England.
(c) It gives Scotland to Elizabeth.
(d) It gives Scotland to Spain.
2. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
(a) Her boat capsizes in the English Channel.
(b) Her request for a passport is denied.
(c) English Catholics try to put her on the English throne.
(d) She gets smallpox.
3. When Queen Elizabeth hesitates to intervene in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland, how does William Cecil persuade her to take action?
(a) He asks Lord Robert Dudley to persuade her.
(b) He tells her Mary Stuart has declared war.
(c) He tells her the nobles support war.
(d) He threatens to resign.
4. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
(a) When Elizabeth almost dies of smallpox.
(b) When the Master of the Horse becomes Elizabeth's guardian.
(c) When they are both imprisoned in the Tower of London.
(d) When Elizabeth's father dies.
5. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
(a) Lady Jane Grey.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) Elizabeth's nine-year-old half brother, Edward.
(d) Elizabeth's 27 year-old half sister, Mary Tudor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What colors does Queen Elizabeth tell Spanish ambassador Don Guzman de Silva are her colors?
2. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
3. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
4. Who expects to be named Queen Elizabeth's "heiress-presumptive"?
5. When Amy Dudley is found at the bottom of a staircase with a broken neck, who is immediately suspected of murdering her?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)