|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to some books on heraldry of the period, what do the colors Queen Elizabeth tells Don Guzman de Silva are hers represent?
(c) Perpetual virginity.
(d) Victory in war.
2. According to King Henry's will, what is the order of succession to the throne?
(a) Lady Jane Grey, Edward, Mary.
(b) Mary, Edward, Lady Jane Grey.
(c) Edward, Mary, Elizabeth.
(d) Mary, Elizabeth, Edward.
3. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Parliament want to force Queen Elizabeth to do?
(a) Declare war on Spain.
(b) Declare war on France.
(d) Surrender her throne to Catherine Grey.
5. Who does Queen Elizabeth suggest as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
(a) Lord Robert Dudley.
(b) Lord Darnley.
(c) King Philip of Spain.
(d) Sir William Cecil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
2. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth I's physical appearance?
3. What is William Cecil's relationship with Elizabeth in Chapter 4?
4. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
5. What happens to Princess Elizabeth's mother when the princess is just a toddler?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)