|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
(a) When Elizabeth almost dies of smallpox.
(b) When the Master of the Horse becomes Elizabeth's guardian.
(c) When Elizabeth's father dies.
(d) When they are both imprisoned in the Tower of London.
2. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
(a) Mary Stuart.
(b) Lady Jane Grey.
(c) Elizabeth's 27 year-old half sister, Mary Tudor.
(d) Elizabeth's nine-year-old half brother, Edward.
3. What colors does Queen Elizabeth tell Spanish ambassador Don Guzman de Silva are her colors?
(a) Black and white.
(b) Black, red, and gray.
(c) Yellow and white.
(d) Red, green, and blue.
4. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
(a) She gets smallpox.
(b) English Catholics try to put her on the English throne.
(c) Her request for a passport is denied.
(d) Her boat capsizes in the English Channel.
5. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
(a) Lady Jane Grey.
(b) The Earl of Essex.
(c) The Duke of Northumberland.
(d) Sir Philip Sidney.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
2. Who does Queen Elizabeth suggest as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
3. According to King Henry's will, what is the order of succession to the throne?
4. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
5. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)