|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Mary Stuart agrees to accept the husband Queen Elizabeth suggests for her, what might Elizabeth consent to do for Mary?
(a) Give her an Army to help her take the French Crown.
(b) Give her an English estate.
(c) Be godmother to her children.
(d) Name her as heiress-presumptive to the English Crown.
2. What is William Cecil's relationship with Elizabeth in Chapter 4?
(a) He is her guard while she is in the tower.
(b) He is her cousin.
(c) He is her Secretary of State.
(d) He is her lover.
3. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to ratify the Treaty of Edinburgh?
(a) It gives Scotland to France.
(b) It gives Scotland to Spain.
(c) It gives Scotland to Elizabeth.
(d) It recognizes Elizabeth as Queen of England.
4. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
(a) The Duke of Norfolk.
(b) Prince Philip of Spain.
(c) Edward Courtenay.
(d) Sir Philip Sidney.
5. What happens to Princess Elizabeth's mother when the princess is just a toddler?
(a) She is accused of adultery and treason and beheaded.
(b) She drowns at sea while traveling with the king.
(c) She dies in childbirth.
(d) She dies of smallpox.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
2. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
3. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
4. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
5. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)