|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Princess Elizabeth's mother?
(a) Jane Seymour, King Henry VIII's third wife.
(b) Catherine of Aragon, King Henry VIII's first wife.
(c) Ann Boleyn, King Henry VIII's second wife.
(d) Catherine Howard, King Henry VIII's fifth wife.
2. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
(a) When they are both imprisoned in the Tower of London.
(b) When Elizabeth almost dies of smallpox.
(c) When Elizabeth's father dies.
(d) When the Master of the Horse becomes Elizabeth's guardian.
3. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to ratify the Treaty of Edinburgh?
(a) It gives Scotland to Elizabeth.
(b) It gives Scotland to France.
(c) It recognizes Elizabeth as Queen of England.
(d) It gives Scotland to Spain.
4. Who does Queen Elizabeth suggest as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
(a) Sir William Cecil.
(b) King Philip of Spain.
(c) Lord Robert Dudley.
(d) Lord Darnley.
5. What colors does Queen Elizabeth tell Spanish ambassador Don Guzman de Silva are her colors?
(a) Black, red, and gray.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Yellow and white.
(d) Red, green, and blue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
2. What Catholic does William Cecil think will ascend to the throne and revive Catholicism in England if the Protestant Queen Elizabeth dies without a child?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Parliament want to force Queen Elizabeth to do?
4. How old is Elizabeth when she becomes queen of England?
5. What happens to Princess Elizabeth's mother when the princess is just a toddler?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)