|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who promotes Lord Darnley as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) The Earl of Leicester.
(c) His mother, Lady Lennox.
(d) William Cecil.
2. What kind of stockings does Mrs. Montagu give Queen Elizabeth in 1560?
(a) Wool stockings.
(b) Worsted stockings.
(c) Taffeta stockings.
(d) Knitted silk stockings.
3. What is King Henry VIII's relationship to Lady Jane Grey?
(a) He is her father.
(b) He is her grandfather.
(c) He is her uncle.
(d) He is her great uncle.
4. If Mary Stuart agrees to accept the husband Queen Elizabeth suggests for her, what might Elizabeth consent to do for Mary?
(a) Name her as heiress-presumptive to the English Crown.
(b) Be godmother to her children.
(c) Give her an English estate.
(d) Give her an Army to help her take the French Crown.
5. When Amy Dudley is found at the bottom of a staircase with a broken neck, who is immediately suspected of murdering her?
(a) Mary Stuart.
(b) William Cecil.
(c) Sir Christopher Hammond.
(d) Her husband, Lord Robert Dudley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes King of Scotland when Mary Stuart is forced to abdicate?
2. What famous poem does Sir Philip Sidney write in honor of the woman he loves?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Parliament want to force Queen Elizabeth to do?
4. How long has Queen Elizabeth ruled England at 37 years-old?
5. When the Church of England is criticized for appointing incompetent clergy, which of the following is not the kind of man Queen Elizabeth advises the bishops to appoint?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)