Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
(a) A plan to stop the Spanish marriage of Queen Mary.
(b) A plot to marry Princess Elizabeth to Edward Courtenay.
(c) A plot that results in Elizabeth going to the Tower.
(d) A French plot to make Mary Stuart Queen of England.
2. Although Elizabeth and her Master of the Horse have known each other since Elizabeth was eight, when does their relationship become closer before her ascension to the throne?
(a) When they are both imprisoned in the Tower of London.
(b) When Elizabeth almost dies of smallpox.
(c) When Elizabeth's father dies.
(d) When the Master of the Horse becomes Elizabeth's guardian.
3. According to King Henry's will, what is the order of succession to the throne?
(a) Mary, Elizabeth, Edward.
(b) Edward, Mary, Elizabeth.
(c) Lady Jane Grey, Edward, Mary.
(d) Mary, Edward, Lady Jane Grey.
4. Who does Queen Elizabeth suggest as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
(a) Lord Robert Dudley.
(b) Lord Darnley.
(c) Sir William Cecil.
(d) King Philip of Spain.
5. Who becomes the ruler of England after King Henry VIII's death when Elizabeth is 14 years-old?
(a) Elizabeth's nine-year-old half brother, Edward.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) Lady Jane Grey.
(d) Elizabeth's 27 year-old half sister, Mary Tudor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe Queen Elizabeth I's physical appearance?
2. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to ratify the Treaty of Edinburgh?
3. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
4. To whom does Queen Elizabeth give the Earldom of Leicester?
5. When Amy Dudley is found at the bottom of a staircase with a broken neck, who is immediately suspected of murdering her?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)