|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does Pope Pius take against Queen Elizabeth in 1570?
(a) He hires an assassin to kill her.
(b) He curses her and asks God to smite her.
(c) He excommunicates her.
(d) He calls Europe to war against her.
2. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
(a) Mary Stuart.
(b) Prince Philip of Spain.
(c) The Duke of Northumberland and Lady Jane Grey.
(d) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
3. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
(a) A plot that results in Elizabeth going to the Tower.
(b) A French plot to make Mary Stuart Queen of England.
(c) A plot to marry Princess Elizabeth to Edward Courtenay.
(d) A plan to stop the Spanish marriage of Queen Mary.
4. Who shows over familiarity with the queen by taking her napkin out of her hand to wipe his sweaty face during a tennis game?
(a) King Philip of Spain.
(b) Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester.
(c) The Duke of Norfolk.
(d) Philip Sidney.
5. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
(a) Her country is short of funds, men, and ships.
(b) She fears French intervention on Scotland's behalf.
(c) She fears retribution from Mary Stuart.
(d) She is Catholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What powerful country supports the marriage of Mary Stuart to Darnley?
2. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
3. Which of the following statements does not describe an effect the pope's actions against Queen Elizabeth have on English Catholics?
4. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to ratify the Treaty of Edinburgh?
5. Which of Queen Elizabeth's suitors does Sir William Cecil draw a table of the pros and cons of the potential marriage?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)