|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe an effect the pope's actions against Queen Elizabeth have on English Catholics?
(a) Elizabeth's policy of religious compromise is shattered.
(b) They are traitors to the queen if obedient to the Pope.
(c) Mary Stuart is crowned Queen of England.
(d) They are disobedient to the Pope if loyal to the queen.
2. Which of Queen Elizabeth's suitors does Sir William Cecil draw a table of the pros and cons of the potential marriage?
(a) Prince Alenzon.
(b) King Philip of Spain.
(c) Archduke Charles.
(d) The Earl of Leicester.
3. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
(a) Edward Courtenay.
(b) Prince Philip of Spain.
(c) Sir Philip Sidney.
(d) The Duke of Norfolk.
4. Who expects to be named Queen Elizabeth's "heiress-presumptive"?
(a) Catherine Grey.
(b) Kat Ashley.
(c) Mary Stuart.
(d) Lady Lennox.
5. Who promotes Lord Darnley as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
(a) The Earl of Leicester.
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
(c) His mother, Lady Lennox.
(d) William Cecil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Queen Elizabeth's reaction when her Privy Council finds insufficient evidence to charge Norfolk with treason?
2. What action does Pope Pius take against Queen Elizabeth in 1570?
3. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
4. What happens to Lord Darnley in Edinburgh the day before he marries Mary Stuart?
5. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)