|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Catholics massacre Protestants in great numbers in the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
(b) Paris, France.
(c) Rome, Italy.
2. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
(a) A plot that results in Elizabeth going to the Tower.
(b) A plot to marry Princess Elizabeth to Edward Courtenay.
(c) A French plot to make Mary Stuart Queen of England.
(d) A plan to stop the Spanish marriage of Queen Mary.
3. What does the French ambassador tell the Spanish ambassador about the way Queen Elizabeth spent New Year's Night in 1566?
(a) He says she danced and played the virginals.
(b) He says she slept with the Earl of Leicester that night.
(c) He says she got drunk.
(d) He says she watched a play.
4. The Scottish Lords expect to find English Catholics waiting to rise and overthrow Elizabeth's government with them, but what do they find instead?
(a) That English Catholics do not want to overthrow Elizabeth.
(b) That France has united with Elizabeth to fight the rebellion.
(c) That English Catholics have converted to the Anglican church.
(d) That the plague has wiped out thousands.
5. Which of the following statements does not describe an effect the pope's actions against Queen Elizabeth have on English Catholics?
(a) Mary Stuart is crowned Queen of England.
(b) They are disobedient to the Pope if loyal to the queen.
(c) They are traitors to the queen if obedient to the Pope.
(d) Elizabeth's policy of religious compromise is shattered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Queen Elizabeth's reaction when her Privy Council finds insufficient evidence to charge Norfolk with treason?
2. What action does Pope Pius take against Queen Elizabeth in 1570?
3. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
4. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
5. Who expects to be named Queen Elizabeth's "heiress-presumptive"?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)