|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Catholics massacre Protestants in great numbers in the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
(b) Paris, France.
(c) Rome, Italy.
2. Who shows over familiarity with the queen by taking her napkin out of her hand to wipe his sweaty face during a tennis game?
(a) Philip Sidney.
(b) The Duke of Norfolk.
(c) King Philip of Spain.
(d) Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester.
3. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
(a) The Duke of Norfolk.
(b) Sir Philip Sidney.
(c) Prince Philip of Spain.
(d) Edward Courtenay.
4. Who has a medal made to commemorate the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
(a) The Pope.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
(d) Catherine de Medici.
5. What happens when the Scottish Lords try to rescue Mary Stuart from Tutbury Castle where she is being held?
(a) They are reported to the queen and flee to France.
(b) They are intercepted by English troops and battle ensues.
(c) They succeed in rescuing her and escape to Scotland.
(d) They find she has been moved to Coventry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
2. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
3. What is Queen Elizabeth's reaction when her Privy Council finds insufficient evidence to charge Norfolk with treason?
4. Which of Queen Elizabeth's suitors does Sir William Cecil draw a table of the pros and cons of the potential marriage?
5. Which of the following is not an action Sir William Cecil advises Queen Elizabeth to take to reduce the danger of Mary Stuart seizing the English throne?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)