|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What powerful country supports the marriage of Mary Stuart to Darnley?
2. What does the French ambassador tell the Spanish ambassador about the way Queen Elizabeth spent New Year's Night in 1566?
(a) He says she danced and played the virginals.
(b) He says she slept with the Earl of Leicester that night.
(c) He says she got drunk.
(d) He says she watched a play.
3. Who says the Massacre of St. Bartholomew is the greatest crime since the Crucifixion?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) Lord Burleigh.
(c) The Earl of Leicester.
(d) The Pope.
4. What happens when the Scottish Lords try to rescue Mary Stuart from Tutbury Castle where she is being held?
(a) They are intercepted by English troops and battle ensues.
(b) They are reported to the queen and flee to France.
(c) They succeed in rescuing her and escape to Scotland.
(d) They find she has been moved to Coventry.
5. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
(a) A plot to marry Princess Elizabeth to Edward Courtenay.
(b) A plan to stop the Spanish marriage of Queen Mary.
(c) A plot that results in Elizabeth going to the Tower.
(d) A French plot to make Mary Stuart Queen of England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to bring Princess Elizabeth to the English throne in place of Mary, her sister?
2. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
3. Where do Catholics massacre Protestants in great numbers in the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
4. Who shows over familiarity with the queen by taking her napkin out of her hand to wipe his sweaty face during a tennis game?
5. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)