|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Queen Elizabeth's reaction when her Privy Council finds insufficient evidence to charge Norfolk with treason?
(a) She is relieved and publicly thanks God.
(b) She hires an assassin to kill Norfolk.
(c) She says she will behead him by her own authority and faints.
(d) She has Norfolk poisoned in secret to make sure he is dead.
2. Which of Queen Elizabeth's suitors does Sir William Cecil draw a table of the pros and cons of the potential marriage?
(a) Archduke Charles.
(b) Prince Alenzon.
(c) King Philip of Spain.
(d) The Earl of Leicester.
3. Who says the Massacre of St. Bartholomew is the greatest crime since the Crucifixion?
(a) The Pope.
(b) Lord Burleigh.
(c) The Earl of Leicester.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
4. When Queen Elizabeth hesitates to intervene in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland, how does William Cecil persuade her to take action?
(a) He threatens to resign.
(b) He tells her Mary Stuart has declared war.
(c) He tells her the nobles support war.
(d) He asks Lord Robert Dudley to persuade her.
5. Who has a medal made to commemorate the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
(a) Catherine de Medici.
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
(c) Mary Stuart.
(d) The Pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe an effect the pope's actions against Queen Elizabeth have on English Catholics?
2. What powerful country supports the marriage of Mary Stuart to Darnley?
3. Which of the following is not an action Sir William Cecil advises Queen Elizabeth to take to reduce the danger of Mary Stuart seizing the English throne?
4. Who shows over familiarity with the queen by taking her napkin out of her hand to wipe his sweaty face during a tennis game?
5. What action does Pope Pius take against Queen Elizabeth in 1570?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)