|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to ratify the Treaty of Edinburgh?
(a) It gives Scotland to France.
(b) It gives Scotland to Elizabeth.
(c) It recognizes Elizabeth as Queen of England.
(d) It gives Scotland to Spain.
2. Where do Catholics massacre Protestants in great numbers in the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
(b) Rome, Italy.
(c) Paris, France.
3. Who is suspected of poisoning Lord Sheffield at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) The Duke of Norfolk.
(b) Sir Francis Walsingham.
(c) The Earl of Leicester.
(d) Lord Burleigh.
4. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
(a) The Duke of Northumberland.
(b) The Earl of Essex.
(c) Lady Jane Grey.
(d) Sir Philip Sidney.
5. What happens to bring Princess Elizabeth to the English throne in place of Mary, her sister?
(a) Mary dies after a long illness.
(b) Mary is overthrown by Mary Stuart and taken to the Tower.
(c) Mary is murdered by Protestant sympathizers.
(d) Elizabeth weds Edward Courtenay and overthrows Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says the Massacre of St. Bartholomew is the greatest crime since the Crucifixion?
2. Who promotes Lord Darnley as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
3. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
4. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
5. The Scottish Lords expect to find English Catholics waiting to rise and overthrow Elizabeth's government with them, but what do they find instead?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)