|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who promotes Lord Darnley as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
(a) The Earl of Leicester.
(b) William Cecil.
(c) His mother, Lady Lennox.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
2. Who has a medal made to commemorate the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
(a) Catherine de Medici.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
(d) The Pope.
3. Which of the following is not an action Sir William Cecil advises Queen Elizabeth to take to reduce the danger of Mary Stuart seizing the English throne?
(a) Disallowing Mary Stuart's divorce from Bothwell.
(b) Keeping Mary Stuart in prison.
(c) Publicly declaring Mary Stuart guilty of Darnley's murder.
(d) Forcing Mary Stuart to marry the Earl of Leicester.
4. Which of Queen Elizabeth's suitors does Sir William Cecil draw a table of the pros and cons of the potential marriage?
(a) Archduke Charles.
(b) King Philip of Spain.
(c) Prince Alenzon.
(d) The Earl of Leicester.
5. Who do the English blame for the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
(a) Mary Stuart.
(b) The Pope.
(c) King Philip of Spain.
(d) Catherine de Medici.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
2. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
3. Who says the Massacre of St. Bartholomew is the greatest crime since the Crucifixion?
4. Who shows over familiarity with the queen by taking her napkin out of her hand to wipe his sweaty face during a tennis game?
5. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)