|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
(a) The Duke of Norfolk.
(b) Prince Philip of Spain.
(c) Edward Courtenay.
(d) Sir Philip Sidney.
2. Who marries Lord Sheffield's widow four days before she gives birth to his son?
(a) The Earl of Leicester.
(b) The Duke of Anjou.
(c) The Earl of Essex.
(d) King Philip of Spain.
3. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
4. Who is suspected of poisoning Lord Sheffield at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) Sir Francis Walsingham.
(b) The Duke of Norfolk.
(c) The Earl of Leicester.
(d) Lord Burleigh.
5. What happens when the Scottish Lords try to rescue Mary Stuart from Tutbury Castle where she is being held?
(a) They succeed in rescuing her and escape to Scotland.
(b) They find she has been moved to Coventry.
(c) They are intercepted by English troops and battle ensues.
(d) They are reported to the queen and flee to France.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Amy Dudley is found at the bottom of a staircase with a broken neck, who is immediately suspected of murdering her?
2. What action does Pope Pius take against Queen Elizabeth in 1570?
3. Where do Catholics massacre Protestants in great numbers in the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
4. Which of Queen Elizabeth's suitors does Sir William Cecil draw a table of the pros and cons of the potential marriage?
5. Who shows over familiarity with the queen by taking her napkin out of her hand to wipe his sweaty face during a tennis game?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)