|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe an effect the pope's actions against Queen Elizabeth have on English Catholics?
(a) Mary Stuart is crowned Queen of England.
(b) Elizabeth's policy of religious compromise is shattered.
(c) They are traitors to the queen if obedient to the Pope.
(d) They are disobedient to the Pope if loyal to the queen.
2. What powerful country supports the marriage of Mary Stuart to Darnley?
3. Which of Queen Elizabeth's suitors does Sir William Cecil draw a table of the pros and cons of the potential marriage?
(a) Prince Alenzon.
(b) The Earl of Leicester.
(c) Archduke Charles.
(d) King Philip of Spain.
4. What does the French ambassador tell the Spanish ambassador about the way Queen Elizabeth spent New Year's Night in 1566?
(a) He says she slept with the Earl of Leicester that night.
(b) He says she danced and played the virginals.
(c) He says she watched a play.
(d) He says she got drunk.
5. What happens to Lord Darnley in Edinburgh the day before he marries Mary Stuart?
(a) He is killed in a sword fight.
(b) He is proclaimed King of Scotland.
(c) He gets the plague.
(d) He drowns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
2. Who is suspected of poisoning Lord Sheffield at the end of Chapter 16?
3. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
4. Who says the Massacre of St. Bartholomew is the greatest crime since the Crucifixion?
5. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)