|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the English blame for the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
(a) The Pope.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) King Philip of Spain.
(d) Catherine de Medici.
2. Who shows over familiarity with the queen by taking her napkin out of her hand to wipe his sweaty face during a tennis game?
(a) King Philip of Spain.
(b) Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester.
(c) The Duke of Norfolk.
(d) Philip Sidney.
3. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
(a) She is Catholic.
(b) She fears French intervention on Scotland's behalf.
(c) Her country is short of funds, men, and ships.
(d) She fears retribution from Mary Stuart.
4. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
(a) Prince Philip of Spain.
(b) Edward Courtenay.
(c) Sir Philip Sidney.
(d) The Duke of Norfolk.
5. Who says the Massacre of St. Bartholomew is the greatest crime since the Crucifixion?
(a) Lord Burleigh.
(b) The Pope.
(c) The Earl of Leicester.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is suspected of poisoning Lord Sheffield at the end of Chapter 16?
2. What action does Pope Pius take against Queen Elizabeth in 1570?
3. What does the French ambassador tell the Spanish ambassador about the way Queen Elizabeth spent New Year's Night in 1566?
4. When Queen Elizabeth hesitates to intervene in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland, how does William Cecil persuade her to take action?
5. Who has a medal made to commemorate the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)