|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
2. What happens to bring Princess Elizabeth to the English throne in place of Mary, her sister?
(a) Mary is murdered by Protestant sympathizers.
(b) Elizabeth weds Edward Courtenay and overthrows Mary.
(c) Mary is overthrown by Mary Stuart and taken to the Tower.
(d) Mary dies after a long illness.
3. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
(a) She fears retribution from Mary Stuart.
(b) She is Catholic.
(c) She fears French intervention on Scotland's behalf.
(d) Her country is short of funds, men, and ships.
4. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to ratify the Treaty of Edinburgh?
(a) It gives Scotland to Spain.
(b) It recognizes Elizabeth as Queen of England.
(c) It gives Scotland to France.
(d) It gives Scotland to Elizabeth.
5. When Amy Dudley is found at the bottom of a staircase with a broken neck, who is immediately suspected of murdering her?
(a) Mary Stuart.
(b) Sir Christopher Hammond.
(c) William Cecil.
(d) Her husband, Lord Robert Dudley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Queen Elizabeth's suitors does Sir William Cecil draw a table of the pros and cons of the potential marriage?
2. What is Queen Elizabeth's reaction when her Privy Council finds insufficient evidence to charge Norfolk with treason?
3. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
4. Which of the following is not an action Sir William Cecil advises Queen Elizabeth to take to reduce the danger of Mary Stuart seizing the English throne?
5. Who says the Massacre of St. Bartholomew is the greatest crime since the Crucifixion?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)