|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion is Queen Mary Tudor determined to reinstate as England's national religion when she ascends to the throne?
2. Who is suspected of poisoning Lord Sheffield at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) The Earl of Leicester.
(b) The Duke of Norfolk.
(c) Sir Francis Walsingham.
(d) Lord Burleigh.
3. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
(a) Sir Philip Sidney.
(b) Edward Courtenay.
(c) Prince Philip of Spain.
(d) The Duke of Norfolk.
4. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
(a) A French plot to make Mary Stuart Queen of England.
(b) A plot that results in Elizabeth going to the Tower.
(c) A plot to marry Princess Elizabeth to Edward Courtenay.
(d) A plan to stop the Spanish marriage of Queen Mary.
5. When Queen Elizabeth hesitates to intervene in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland, how does William Cecil persuade her to take action?
(a) He tells her the nobles support war.
(b) He threatens to resign.
(c) He asks Lord Robert Dudley to persuade her.
(d) He tells her Mary Stuart has declared war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Queen Elizabeth's reaction when her Privy Council finds insufficient evidence to charge Norfolk with treason?
2. Which of Queen Elizabeth's suitors does Sir William Cecil draw a table of the pros and cons of the potential marriage?
3. What does the French ambassador tell the Spanish ambassador about the way Queen Elizabeth spent New Year's Night in 1566?
4. When Amy Dudley is found at the bottom of a staircase with a broken neck, who is immediately suspected of murdering her?
5. Who promotes Lord Darnley as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)