|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Lord Darnley in Edinburgh the day before he marries Mary Stuart?
(a) He is killed in a sword fight.
(b) He gets the plague.
(c) He drowns.
(d) He is proclaimed King of Scotland.
2. Which of Queen Elizabeth's suitors does Sir William Cecil draw a table of the pros and cons of the potential marriage?
(a) King Philip of Spain.
(b) Archduke Charles.
(c) The Earl of Leicester.
(d) Prince Alenzon.
3. When Amy Dudley is found at the bottom of a staircase with a broken neck, who is immediately suspected of murdering her?
(a) Mary Stuart.
(b) Sir Christopher Hammond.
(c) William Cecil.
(d) Her husband, Lord Robert Dudley.
4. Who expects to be named Queen Elizabeth's "heiress-presumptive"?
(a) Catherine Grey.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) Lady Lennox.
(d) Kat Ashley.
5. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
(a) English Catholics try to put her on the English throne.
(b) She gets smallpox.
(c) Her boat capsizes in the English Channel.
(d) Her request for a passport is denied.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says the Massacre of St. Bartholomew is the greatest crime since the Crucifixion?
2. When Queen Elizabeth hesitates to intervene in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland, how does William Cecil persuade her to take action?
3. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
4. Who marries Lord Sheffield's widow four days before she gives birth to his son?
5. Which of the following is not an action Sir William Cecil advises Queen Elizabeth to take to reduce the danger of Mary Stuart seizing the English throne?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)