|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
(a) A French plot to make Mary Stuart Queen of England.
(b) A plot to marry Princess Elizabeth to Edward Courtenay.
(c) A plan to stop the Spanish marriage of Queen Mary.
(d) A plot that results in Elizabeth going to the Tower.
2. Who expects to be named Queen Elizabeth's "heiress-presumptive"?
(a) Catherine Grey.
(b) Lady Lennox.
(c) Kat Ashley.
(d) Mary Stuart.
3. The Scottish Lords expect to find English Catholics waiting to rise and overthrow Elizabeth's government with them, but what do they find instead?
(a) That France has united with Elizabeth to fight the rebellion.
(b) That the plague has wiped out thousands.
(c) That English Catholics do not want to overthrow Elizabeth.
(d) That English Catholics have converted to the Anglican church.
4. Which of the following statements does not describe an effect the pope's actions against Queen Elizabeth have on English Catholics?
(a) Mary Stuart is crowned Queen of England.
(b) Elizabeth's policy of religious compromise is shattered.
(c) They are traitors to the queen if obedient to the Pope.
(d) They are disobedient to the Pope if loyal to the queen.
5. What does the French ambassador tell the Spanish ambassador about the way Queen Elizabeth spent New Year's Night in 1566?
(a) He says she watched a play.
(b) He says she got drunk.
(c) He says she danced and played the virginals.
(d) He says she slept with the Earl of Leicester that night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
2. Who is suspected of poisoning Lord Sheffield at the end of Chapter 16?
3. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to ratify the Treaty of Edinburgh?
4. What action does Pope Pius take against Queen Elizabeth in 1570?
5. What is Queen Elizabeth's reaction when her Privy Council finds insufficient evidence to charge Norfolk with treason?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)