|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Queen Elizabeth's suitors does Sir William Cecil draw a table of the pros and cons of the potential marriage?
(a) Prince Alenzon.
(b) Archduke Charles.
(c) King Philip of Spain.
(d) The Earl of Leicester.
2. Which of the following statements does not describe an effect the pope's actions against Queen Elizabeth have on English Catholics?
(a) They are disobedient to the Pope if loyal to the queen.
(b) Mary Stuart is crowned Queen of England.
(c) They are traitors to the queen if obedient to the Pope.
(d) Elizabeth's policy of religious compromise is shattered.
3. Who expects to be named Queen Elizabeth's "heiress-presumptive"?
(a) Mary Stuart.
(b) Kat Ashley.
(c) Catherine Grey.
(d) Lady Lennox.
4. What is Queen Elizabeth's reaction when her Privy Council finds insufficient evidence to charge Norfolk with treason?
(a) She has Norfolk poisoned in secret to make sure he is dead.
(b) She says she will behead him by her own authority and faints.
(c) She is relieved and publicly thanks God.
(d) She hires an assassin to kill Norfolk.
5. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
(a) Her country is short of funds, men, and ships.
(b) She is Catholic.
(c) She fears French intervention on Scotland's behalf.
(d) She fears retribution from Mary Stuart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
2. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
3. Who marries Lord Sheffield's widow four days before she gives birth to his son?
4. Who promotes Lord Darnley as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
5. Who says the Massacre of St. Bartholomew is the greatest crime since the Crucifixion?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)