|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows over familiarity with the queen by taking her napkin out of her hand to wipe his sweaty face during a tennis game?
(a) Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester.
(b) Philip Sidney.
(c) King Philip of Spain.
(d) The Duke of Norfolk.
2. Who has a medal made to commemorate the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) The Pope.
(c) Mary Stuart.
(d) Catherine de Medici.
3. When Amy Dudley is found at the bottom of a staircase with a broken neck, who is immediately suspected of murdering her?
(a) William Cecil.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) Her husband, Lord Robert Dudley.
(d) Sir Christopher Hammond.
4. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
(a) Mary Stuart.
(b) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
(c) Prince Philip of Spain.
(d) The Duke of Northumberland and Lady Jane Grey.
5. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
(a) Her country is short of funds, men, and ships.
(b) She is Catholic.
(c) She fears retribution from Mary Stuart.
(d) She fears French intervention on Scotland's behalf.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
2. Where do Catholics massacre Protestants in great numbers in the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
3. When Queen Elizabeth hesitates to intervene in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland, how does William Cecil persuade her to take action?
4. Who expects to be named Queen Elizabeth's "heiress-presumptive"?
5. Who promotes Lord Darnley as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)