|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Mary Stuart desires to return to Scotland through England?
(a) She gets smallpox.
(b) Her boat capsizes in the English Channel.
(c) Her request for a passport is denied.
(d) English Catholics try to put her on the English throne.
2. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
(a) A plot that results in Elizabeth going to the Tower.
(b) A plan to stop the Spanish marriage of Queen Mary.
(c) A plot to marry Princess Elizabeth to Edward Courtenay.
(d) A French plot to make Mary Stuart Queen of England.
3. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
(a) The Earl of Essex.
(b) Sir Philip Sidney.
(c) Lady Jane Grey.
(d) The Duke of Northumberland.
4. What does the French ambassador tell the Spanish ambassador about the way Queen Elizabeth spent New Year's Night in 1566?
(a) He says she watched a play.
(b) He says she slept with the Earl of Leicester that night.
(c) He says she got drunk.
(d) He says she danced and played the virginals.
5. Where do Catholics massacre Protestants in great numbers in the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
(a) Paris, France.
(d) Rome, Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows over familiarity with the queen by taking her napkin out of her hand to wipe his sweaty face during a tennis game?
2. What happens to bring Princess Elizabeth to the English throne in place of Mary, her sister?
3. Who do the English blame for the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
4. Who has a medal made to commemorate the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
5. Who promotes Lord Darnley as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)