|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
(a) Edward Courtenay.
(b) Sir Philip Sidney.
(c) Prince Philip of Spain.
(d) The Duke of Norfolk.
2. Who marries Lord Sheffield's widow four days before she gives birth to his son?
(a) The Earl of Leicester.
(b) King Philip of Spain.
(c) The Earl of Essex.
(d) The Duke of Anjou.
3. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
(a) A plot that results in Elizabeth going to the Tower.
(b) A plan to stop the Spanish marriage of Queen Mary.
(c) A plot to marry Princess Elizabeth to Edward Courtenay.
(d) A French plot to make Mary Stuart Queen of England.
4. Why does Mary Stuart refuse to ratify the Treaty of Edinburgh?
(a) It recognizes Elizabeth as Queen of England.
(b) It gives Scotland to Spain.
(c) It gives Scotland to France.
(d) It gives Scotland to Elizabeth.
5. What is Queen Elizabeth's reaction when her Privy Council finds insufficient evidence to charge Norfolk with treason?
(a) She hires an assassin to kill Norfolk.
(b) She says she will behead him by her own authority and faints.
(c) She has Norfolk poisoned in secret to make sure he is dead.
(d) She is relieved and publicly thanks God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says the Massacre of St. Bartholomew is the greatest crime since the Crucifixion?
2. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
3. What powerful country supports the marriage of Mary Stuart to Darnley?
4. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
5. What action does Pope Pius take against Queen Elizabeth in 1570?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)