|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
(a) Sir Philip Sidney.
(b) The Duke of Northumberland.
(c) The Earl of Essex.
(d) Lady Jane Grey.
2. Which of the following statements does not describe Wyatt's Rebellion depicted in Chapter 3?
(a) A plan to stop the Spanish marriage of Queen Mary.
(b) A plot that results in Elizabeth going to the Tower.
(c) A plot to marry Princess Elizabeth to Edward Courtenay.
(d) A French plot to make Mary Stuart Queen of England.
3. Who promotes Lord Darnley as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) His mother, Lady Lennox.
(c) The Earl of Leicester.
(d) William Cecil.
4. Who ends up in the Tower instead of the princesses because of the attempt to put Lady Jane Grey on the throne?
(a) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
(b) Prince Philip of Spain.
(c) The Duke of Northumberland and Lady Jane Grey.
(d) Mary Stuart.
5. When Amy Dudley is found at the bottom of a staircase with a broken neck, who is immediately suspected of murdering her?
(a) Sir Christopher Hammond.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) William Cecil.
(d) Her husband, Lord Robert Dudley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Catholics massacre Protestants in great numbers in the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
2. The Scottish Lords expect to find English Catholics waiting to rise and overthrow Elizabeth's government with them, but what do they find instead?
3. To whom is Queen Mary Tudor engaged soon after her ascension to the throne?
4. Why does Queen Elizabeth hesitate to take a more active part in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland?
5. What happens to Lord Darnley in Edinburgh the day before he marries Mary Stuart?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)