Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who expects to be named Queen Elizabeth's "heiress-presumptive"?
(a) Mary Stuart.
(b) Lady Lennox.
(c) Catherine Grey.
(d) Kat Ashley.
2. Which of Queen Elizabeth's suitors does Sir William Cecil draw a table of the pros and cons of the potential marriage?
(a) Prince Alenzon.
(b) Archduke Charles.
(c) The Earl of Leicester.
(d) King Philip of Spain.
3. Who tries to seize Princess Mary and Princess Elizabeth after King Edward's death, proclaiming Lady Jane Grey as queen of England in place of Henry VIII's daughters?
(a) The Earl of Essex.
(b) Sir Philip Sidney.
(c) Lady Jane Grey.
(d) The Duke of Northumberland.
4. Who has a medal made to commemorate the Massacre of St. Bartholomew?
(a) The Pope.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) Catherine de Medici.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
5. What happens to bring Princess Elizabeth to the English throne in place of Mary, her sister?
(a) Mary dies after a long illness.
(b) Mary is overthrown by Mary Stuart and taken to the Tower.
(c) Elizabeth weds Edward Courtenay and overthrows Mary.
(d) Mary is murdered by Protestant sympathizers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who promotes Lord Darnley as a potential husband for Mary Stuart?
2. What happens when the Scottish Lords try to rescue Mary Stuart from Tutbury Castle where she is being held?
3. When Queen Elizabeth hesitates to intervene in the Protestant rebellion in Scotland, how does William Cecil persuade her to take action?
4. Who marries Lord Sheffield's widow four days before she gives birth to his son?
5. The Scottish Lords expect to find English Catholics waiting to rise and overthrow Elizabeth's government with them, but what do they find instead?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)