|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Queen Elizabeth called "Queen of the Sea?"
(a) Because of her interest in the Navy.
(b) Because she has a large Navy.
(c) Because England is a seafaring nation.
(d) Because she swims a lot.
2. Which of the following is not a place where glass is used in England as peacetime prosperity develops an increasing market for it?
(a) Windows of great houses and shops.
(b) Bathing pools
(c) Church altars.
(d) Drinking and looking glasses.
3. What kind of stockings does Mrs. Montagu give Queen Elizabeth in 1560?
(a) Taffeta stockings.
(b) Knitted silk stockings.
(c) Wool stockings.
(d) Worsted stockings.
4. Who is assassinated in 1584?
(a) Prince Alenzon.
(b) William of Orange.
(c) Catherine de Medici.
(d) King Philip of Spain.
5. What keeps Queen Elizabeth's complexion so white?
(a) Elizabeth wears a white powder.
(b) A lotion of egg white, eggshell, alum, borax & poppyseeds.
(c) Elizabeth avoids sunlight.
(d) Elizabeth is an albino.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Queen Elizabeth revive the Royal Navy?
2. What are pearls said to symbolize?
3. Who wants to marry Don Carlos, a criminal lunatic, to gain an alliance with Spain to help dethrone Elizabeth?
4. During her era, what is unusual about the way Queen Elizabeth bathes?
5. How does the author say teeth are cleaned during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)