|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of stockings does Mrs. Montagu give Queen Elizabeth in 1560?
(a) Worsted stockings.
(b) Wool stockings.
(c) Taffeta stockings.
(d) Knitted silk stockings.
2. Who will finance the invasion Mary Stuart anticipates?
(a) Catherine de Medici.
(b) The Duke of Guise.
(c) King James of Scotland.
(d) The King of Spain.
3. Who wants to marry Don Carlos, a criminal lunatic, to gain an alliance with Spain to help dethrone Elizabeth?
(a) Mary Stuart.
(c) Lettice Devereux.
(d) Catherine Grey.
4. What disease does Queen Elizabeth contract and nearly die of?
5. To whom does Lettice Devereux plot to marry her daughter?
(a) Prince Alenzon.
(b) King James of Scotland.
(c) The Earl of Sussex.
(d) Sir Philip Sidney.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Queen Elizabeth's complexion so white?
2. What are pearls said to symbolize?
3. What does the author say hair is washed with during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
4. Why is Queen Elizabeth called "Queen of the Sea?"
5. During her era, what is unusual about the way Queen Elizabeth bathes?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)