|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are pearls said to symbolize?
(d) Psychic ability.
2. What invasion is Mary Stuart anticipating at the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) An invasion of England on her behalf by Spain.
(b) An invasion of Scotland by Queen Elizabeth.
(c) An invastion of England by Scottish Lords.
(d) An invastion of France by Scotland.
3. When a comet appears over London, what do many people believe it heralds?
(a) The coming of the plague.
(b) The coming of great prosperity.
(c) The death of some great person.
(d) The coming of war.
4. Who wants to marry Don Carlos, a criminal lunatic, to gain an alliance with Spain to help dethrone Elizabeth?
(a) Catherine Grey.
(b) Mary Stuart.
(c) Lettice Devereux.
5. What kind of stockings does Mrs. Montagu give Queen Elizabeth in 1560?
(a) Taffeta stockings.
(b) Knitted silk stockings.
(c) Wool stockings.
(d) Worsted stockings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say hair is washed with during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
2. During her era, what is unusual about the way Queen Elizabeth bathes?
3. Who will finance the invasion Mary Stuart anticipates?
4. How long has Queen Elizabeth ruled England at 37 years-old?
5. Which of the following is not a place where glass is used in England as peacetime prosperity develops an increasing market for it?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)