|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say hair is washed with during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
(b) Lavender and roses.
(c) Olive oil.
2. How does the author say teeth are cleaned during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
(a) Teeth were never cleaned then.
(b) By rinsing the mouth with water and salt.
(c) By using a toothbrush just like people today use.
(d) By rubbing them with a cloth and using a toothpick.
3. During her era, what is unusual about the way Queen Elizabeth bathes?
(a) She bathes in icy water.
(b) She does not use soap.
(c) She only bathes once a year.
(d) She bathes her entire body in an oval bath.
4. When Mary Stuart writes Queen Elizabeth in Chapter 22, who does she blame for the gossip about her?
(a) Lady Shrewsbury.
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
(c) Catherine de Medici.
(d) Lord Burleigh.
5. How does Queen Elizabeth revive the Royal Navy?
(a) She increases sailors' wages and builds strong ships.
(b) She drafts more men into the Navy.
(c) She sends medicine to ailing sailors.
(d) She offers titles and lands for joining the Navy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to marry Don Carlos, a criminal lunatic, to gain an alliance with Spain to help dethrone Elizabeth?
2. What disease does Queen Elizabeth contract and nearly die of?
3. What are pearls said to symbolize?
4. Who is assassinated in 1584?
5. When a comet appears over London, what do many people believe it heralds?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)