|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author say teeth are cleaned during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
(a) By rinsing the mouth with water and salt.
(b) By using a toothbrush just like people today use.
(c) By rubbing them with a cloth and using a toothpick.
(d) Teeth were never cleaned then.
2. Why is Queen Elizabeth called "Queen of the Sea?"
(a) Because she swims a lot.
(b) Because she has a large Navy.
(c) Because England is a seafaring nation.
(d) Because of her interest in the Navy.
3. How does Queen Elizabeth revive the Royal Navy?
(a) She offers titles and lands for joining the Navy.
(b) She drafts more men into the Navy.
(c) She sends medicine to ailing sailors.
(d) She increases sailors' wages and builds strong ships.
4. What disease does Queen Elizabeth contract and nearly die of?
5. What kind of stockings does Mrs. Montagu give Queen Elizabeth in 1560?
(a) Knitted silk stockings.
(b) Wool stockings.
(c) Worsted stockings.
(d) Taffeta stockings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say hair is washed with during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
2. Which of the following is not a place where glass is used in England as peacetime prosperity develops an increasing market for it?
3. What are pearls said to symbolize?
4. Who is assassinated in 1584?
5. How long has Queen Elizabeth ruled England at 37 years-old?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)