|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Queen Elizabeth called "Queen of the Sea?"
(a) Because she has a large Navy.
(b) Because England is a seafaring nation.
(c) Because of her interest in the Navy.
(d) Because she swims a lot.
2. How does the author say teeth are cleaned during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
(a) By using a toothbrush just like people today use.
(b) By rubbing them with a cloth and using a toothpick.
(c) Teeth were never cleaned then.
(d) By rinsing the mouth with water and salt.
3. Which of the following is not a place where glass is used in England as peacetime prosperity develops an increasing market for it?
(a) Windows of great houses and shops.
(b) Drinking and looking glasses.
(c) Church altars.
(d) Bathing pools
4. What kind of stockings does Mrs. Montagu give Queen Elizabeth in 1560?
(a) Worsted stockings.
(b) Knitted silk stockings.
(c) Taffeta stockings.
(d) Wool stockings.
5. What invasion is Mary Stuart anticipating at the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) An invastion of England by Scottish Lords.
(b) An invasion of Scotland by Queen Elizabeth.
(c) An invasion of England on her behalf by Spain.
(d) An invastion of France by Scotland.
Short Answer Questions
1. During her era, what is unusual about the way Queen Elizabeth bathes?
2. What does the author say hair is washed with during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
3. What disease does Queen Elizabeth contract and nearly die of?
4. What keeps Queen Elizabeth's complexion so white?
5. What are pearls said to symbolize?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)