|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Queen Elizabeth ruled England at 37 years-old?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 12 years.
2. How does the author say teeth are cleaned during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
(a) By rubbing them with a cloth and using a toothpick.
(b) By rinsing the mouth with water and salt.
(c) By using a toothbrush just like people today use.
(d) Teeth were never cleaned then.
3. What kind of stockings does Mrs. Montagu give Queen Elizabeth in 1560?
(a) Wool stockings.
(b) Taffeta stockings.
(c) Knitted silk stockings.
(d) Worsted stockings.
4. When a comet appears over London, what do many people believe it heralds?
(a) The coming of the plague.
(b) The death of some great person.
(c) The coming of great prosperity.
(d) The coming of war.
5. To whom does Lettice Devereux plot to marry her daughter?
(a) Sir Philip Sidney.
(b) The Earl of Sussex.
(c) Prince Alenzon.
(d) King James of Scotland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are pearls said to symbolize?
2. Which of the following is not a place where glass is used in England as peacetime prosperity develops an increasing market for it?
3. Who will finance the invasion Mary Stuart anticipates?
4. Who is assassinated in 1584?
5. Who wants to marry Don Carlos, a criminal lunatic, to gain an alliance with Spain to help dethrone Elizabeth?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)