|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will finance the invasion Mary Stuart anticipates?
(a) King James of Scotland.
(b) Catherine de Medici.
(c) The Duke of Guise.
(d) The King of Spain.
2. What keeps Queen Elizabeth's complexion so white?
(a) Elizabeth wears a white powder.
(b) Elizabeth is an albino.
(c) Elizabeth avoids sunlight.
(d) A lotion of egg white, eggshell, alum, borax & poppyseeds.
3. During her era, what is unusual about the way Queen Elizabeth bathes?
(a) She bathes in icy water.
(b) She does not use soap.
(c) She bathes her entire body in an oval bath.
(d) She only bathes once a year.
4. What are pearls said to symbolize?
(a) Psychic ability.
5. What does the author say hair is washed with during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
(b) Olive oil.
(c) Lavender and roses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is assassinated in 1584?
2. Who wants to marry Don Carlos, a criminal lunatic, to gain an alliance with Spain to help dethrone Elizabeth?
3. When a comet appears over London, what do many people believe it heralds?
4. What kind of stockings does Mrs. Montagu give Queen Elizabeth in 1560?
5. Why is Queen Elizabeth called "Queen of the Sea?"
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)