|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease does Queen Elizabeth contract and nearly die of?
2. How does Queen Elizabeth revive the Royal Navy?
(a) She increases sailors' wages and builds strong ships.
(b) She offers titles and lands for joining the Navy.
(c) She drafts more men into the Navy.
(d) She sends medicine to ailing sailors.
3. How does the author say teeth are cleaned during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
(a) By using a toothbrush just like people today use.
(b) By rubbing them with a cloth and using a toothpick.
(c) Teeth were never cleaned then.
(d) By rinsing the mouth with water and salt.
4. What are pearls said to symbolize?
(c) Psychic ability.
5. Why is Queen Elizabeth called "Queen of the Sea?"
(a) Because England is a seafaring nation.
(b) Because of her interest in the Navy.
(c) Because she has a large Navy.
(d) Because she swims a lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Queen Elizabeth ruled England at 37 years-old?
2. Which of the following is not a place where glass is used in England as peacetime prosperity develops an increasing market for it?
3. Who is assassinated in 1584?
4. When a comet appears over London, what do many people believe it heralds?
5. What invasion is Mary Stuart anticipating at the beginning of Chapter 22?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)