|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Queen Elizabeth revive the Royal Navy?
(a) She increases sailors' wages and builds strong ships.
(b) She offers titles and lands for joining the Navy.
(c) She drafts more men into the Navy.
(d) She sends medicine to ailing sailors.
2. What are pearls said to symbolize?
(c) Psychic ability.
3. What does the author say hair is washed with during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
(b) Lavender and roses.
(c) Olive oil.
4. Who is assassinated in 1584?
(a) William of Orange.
(b) King Philip of Spain.
(c) Catherine de Medici.
(d) Prince Alenzon.
5. What invasion is Mary Stuart anticipating at the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) An invasion of England on her behalf by Spain.
(b) An invasion of Scotland by Queen Elizabeth.
(c) An invastion of England by Scottish Lords.
(d) An invastion of France by Scotland.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Queen Elizabeth ruled England at 37 years-old?
2. When Mary Stuart writes Queen Elizabeth in Chapter 22, who does she blame for the gossip about her?
3. What disease does Queen Elizabeth contract and nearly die of?
4. Which of the following is not a place where glass is used in England as peacetime prosperity develops an increasing market for it?
5. Who wants to marry Don Carlos, a criminal lunatic, to gain an alliance with Spain to help dethrone Elizabeth?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)