|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is assassinated in 1584?
(a) Prince Alenzon.
(b) King Philip of Spain.
(c) William of Orange.
(d) Catherine de Medici.
2. What disease does Queen Elizabeth contract and nearly die of?
3. When Mary Stuart writes Queen Elizabeth in Chapter 22, who does she blame for the gossip about her?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) Lady Shrewsbury.
(c) Catherine de Medici.
(d) Lord Burleigh.
4. What invasion is Mary Stuart anticipating at the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) An invastion of France by Scotland.
(b) An invasion of England on her behalf by Spain.
(c) An invastion of England by Scottish Lords.
(d) An invasion of Scotland by Queen Elizabeth.
5. What kind of stockings does Mrs. Montagu give Queen Elizabeth in 1560?
(a) Worsted stockings.
(b) Wool stockings.
(c) Taffeta stockings.
(d) Knitted silk stockings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Queen Elizabeth called "Queen of the Sea?"
2. How long has Queen Elizabeth ruled England at 37 years-old?
3. Who will finance the invasion Mary Stuart anticipates?
4. When a comet appears over London, what do many people believe it heralds?
5. What keeps Queen Elizabeth's complexion so white?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)