|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of stockings does Mrs. Montagu give Queen Elizabeth in 1560?
(a) Knitted silk stockings.
(b) Taffeta stockings.
(c) Worsted stockings.
(d) Wool stockings.
2. When Mary Stuart writes Queen Elizabeth in Chapter 22, who does she blame for the gossip about her?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) Lady Shrewsbury.
(c) Lord Burleigh.
(d) Catherine de Medici.
3. How long has Queen Elizabeth ruled England at 37 years-old?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 10 years.
4. Why is Queen Elizabeth called "Queen of the Sea?"
(a) Because she has a large Navy.
(b) Because England is a seafaring nation.
(c) Because of her interest in the Navy.
(d) Because she swims a lot.
5. What keeps Queen Elizabeth's complexion so white?
(a) Elizabeth is an albino.
(b) A lotion of egg white, eggshell, alum, borax & poppyseeds.
(c) Elizabeth avoids sunlight.
(d) Elizabeth wears a white powder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is assassinated in 1584?
2. What invasion is Mary Stuart anticipating at the beginning of Chapter 22?
3. What are pearls said to symbolize?
4. To whom does Lettice Devereux plot to marry her daughter?
5. Who wants to marry Don Carlos, a criminal lunatic, to gain an alliance with Spain to help dethrone Elizabeth?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)