|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Queen Elizabeth revive the Royal Navy?
(a) She drafts more men into the Navy.
(b) She sends medicine to ailing sailors.
(c) She increases sailors' wages and builds strong ships.
(d) She offers titles and lands for joining the Navy.
2. When a comet appears over London, what do many people believe it heralds?
(a) The death of some great person.
(b) The coming of great prosperity.
(c) The coming of war.
(d) The coming of the plague.
3. Which of the following is not a place where glass is used in England as peacetime prosperity develops an increasing market for it?
(a) Bathing pools
(b) Windows of great houses and shops.
(c) Drinking and looking glasses.
(d) Church altars.
4. What does the author say hair is washed with during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
(b) Lavender and roses.
(d) Olive oil.
5. To whom does Lettice Devereux plot to marry her daughter?
(a) Prince Alenzon.
(b) Sir Philip Sidney.
(c) The Earl of Sussex.
(d) King James of Scotland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What invasion is Mary Stuart anticipating at the beginning of Chapter 22?
2. What keeps Queen Elizabeth's complexion so white?
3. Who will finance the invasion Mary Stuart anticipates?
4. During her era, what is unusual about the way Queen Elizabeth bathes?
5. How does the author say teeth are cleaned during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)