|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is assassinated in 1584?
(a) William of Orange.
(b) Prince Alenzon.
(c) King Philip of Spain.
(d) Catherine de Medici.
2. Who wants to marry Don Carlos, a criminal lunatic, to gain an alliance with Spain to help dethrone Elizabeth?
(a) Lettice Devereux.
(b) Catherine Grey.
(c) Mary Stuart.
3. How does Queen Elizabeth revive the Royal Navy?
(a) She drafts more men into the Navy.
(b) She increases sailors' wages and builds strong ships.
(c) She offers titles and lands for joining the Navy.
(d) She sends medicine to ailing sailors.
4. What disease does Queen Elizabeth contract and nearly die of?
5. How long has Queen Elizabeth ruled England at 37 years-old?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 30 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Lettice Devereux plot to marry her daughter?
2. How does the author say teeth are cleaned during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
3. What does the author say hair is washed with during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
4. When a comet appears over London, what do many people believe it heralds?
5. What keeps Queen Elizabeth's complexion so white?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)