|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are pearls said to symbolize?
(d) Psychic ability.
2. To whom does Lettice Devereux plot to marry her daughter?
(a) The Earl of Sussex.
(b) King James of Scotland.
(c) Prince Alenzon.
(d) Sir Philip Sidney.
3. What disease does Queen Elizabeth contract and nearly die of?
4. What kind of stockings does Mrs. Montagu give Queen Elizabeth in 1560?
(a) Taffeta stockings.
(b) Wool stockings.
(c) Worsted stockings.
(d) Knitted silk stockings.
5. Which of the following is not a place where glass is used in England as peacetime prosperity develops an increasing market for it?
(a) Bathing pools
(b) Windows of great houses and shops.
(c) Church altars.
(d) Drinking and looking glasses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Queen Elizabeth called "Queen of the Sea?"
2. During her era, what is unusual about the way Queen Elizabeth bathes?
3. How does the author say teeth are cleaned during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
4. Who will finance the invasion Mary Stuart anticipates?
5. When a comet appears over London, what do many people believe it heralds?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)