|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Queen Elizabeth called "Queen of the Sea?"
(a) Because she has a large Navy.
(b) Because she swims a lot.
(c) Because England is a seafaring nation.
(d) Because of her interest in the Navy.
2. What invasion is Mary Stuart anticipating at the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) An invasion of Scotland by Queen Elizabeth.
(b) An invastion of France by Scotland.
(c) An invastion of England by Scottish Lords.
(d) An invasion of England on her behalf by Spain.
3. How does the author say teeth are cleaned during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
(a) By using a toothbrush just like people today use.
(b) Teeth were never cleaned then.
(c) By rinsing the mouth with water and salt.
(d) By rubbing them with a cloth and using a toothpick.
4. What are pearls said to symbolize?
(d) Psychic ability.
5. Who is assassinated in 1584?
(a) Catherine de Medici.
(b) Prince Alenzon.
(c) King Philip of Spain.
(d) William of Orange.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mary Stuart writes Queen Elizabeth in Chapter 22, who does she blame for the gossip about her?
2. How does Queen Elizabeth revive the Royal Navy?
3. What keeps Queen Elizabeth's complexion so white?
4. How long has Queen Elizabeth ruled England at 37 years-old?
5. During her era, what is unusual about the way Queen Elizabeth bathes?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)