|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Queen Elizabeth revive the Royal Navy?
(a) She sends medicine to ailing sailors.
(b) She offers titles and lands for joining the Navy.
(c) She increases sailors' wages and builds strong ships.
(d) She drafts more men into the Navy.
2. What disease does Queen Elizabeth contract and nearly die of?
3. How does the author say teeth are cleaned during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
(a) By rubbing them with a cloth and using a toothpick.
(b) By using a toothbrush just like people today use.
(c) By rinsing the mouth with water and salt.
(d) Teeth were never cleaned then.
4. During her era, what is unusual about the way Queen Elizabeth bathes?
(a) She only bathes once a year.
(b) She does not use soap.
(c) She bathes her entire body in an oval bath.
(d) She bathes in icy water.
5. What are pearls said to symbolize?
(b) Psychic ability.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Lettice Devereux plot to marry her daughter?
2. Which of the following is not a place where glass is used in England as peacetime prosperity develops an increasing market for it?
3. Why is Queen Elizabeth called "Queen of the Sea?"
4. What kind of stockings does Mrs. Montagu give Queen Elizabeth in 1560?
5. When a comet appears over London, what do many people believe it heralds?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)