|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will finance the invasion Mary Stuart anticipates?
(a) King James of Scotland.
(b) Catherine de Medici.
(c) The Duke of Guise.
(d) The King of Spain.
2. What invasion is Mary Stuart anticipating at the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) An invasion of England on her behalf by Spain.
(b) An invastion of France by Scotland.
(c) An invastion of England by Scottish Lords.
(d) An invasion of Scotland by Queen Elizabeth.
3. Why is Queen Elizabeth called "Queen of the Sea?"
(a) Because she has a large Navy.
(b) Because England is a seafaring nation.
(c) Because she swims a lot.
(d) Because of her interest in the Navy.
4. Which of the following is not a place where glass is used in England as peacetime prosperity develops an increasing market for it?
(a) Bathing pools
(b) Windows of great houses and shops.
(c) Church altars.
(d) Drinking and looking glasses.
5. What disease does Queen Elizabeth contract and nearly die of?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Queen Elizabeth revive the Royal Navy?
2. Who is assassinated in 1584?
3. To whom does Lettice Devereux plot to marry her daughter?
4. What keeps Queen Elizabeth's complexion so white?
5. During her era, what is unusual about the way Queen Elizabeth bathes?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)