|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Queen Elizabeth revive the Royal Navy?
(a) She offers titles and lands for joining the Navy.
(b) She increases sailors' wages and builds strong ships.
(c) She drafts more men into the Navy.
(d) She sends medicine to ailing sailors.
2. When Mary Stuart writes Queen Elizabeth in Chapter 22, who does she blame for the gossip about her?
(a) Lady Shrewsbury.
(b) Catherine de Medici.
(c) Lord Burleigh.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
3. How long has Queen Elizabeth ruled England at 37 years-old?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 10 years.
4. What keeps Queen Elizabeth's complexion so white?
(a) Elizabeth is an albino.
(b) Elizabeth wears a white powder.
(c) A lotion of egg white, eggshell, alum, borax & poppyseeds.
(d) Elizabeth avoids sunlight.
5. How does the author say teeth are cleaned during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
(a) Teeth were never cleaned then.
(b) By rinsing the mouth with water and salt.
(c) By rubbing them with a cloth and using a toothpick.
(d) By using a toothbrush just like people today use.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease does Queen Elizabeth contract and nearly die of?
2. What kind of stockings does Mrs. Montagu give Queen Elizabeth in 1560?
3. What invasion is Mary Stuart anticipating at the beginning of Chapter 22?
4. Which of the following is not a place where glass is used in England as peacetime prosperity develops an increasing market for it?
5. Who wants to marry Don Carlos, a criminal lunatic, to gain an alliance with Spain to help dethrone Elizabeth?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)