|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease does Queen Elizabeth contract and nearly die of?
2. How does Queen Elizabeth revive the Royal Navy?
(a) She offers titles and lands for joining the Navy.
(b) She drafts more men into the Navy.
(c) She increases sailors' wages and builds strong ships.
(d) She sends medicine to ailing sailors.
3. Who is assassinated in 1584?
(a) King Philip of Spain.
(b) Catherine de Medici.
(c) Prince Alenzon.
(d) William of Orange.
4. What does the author say hair is washed with during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
(b) Olive oil.
(c) Lavender and roses.
5. Which of the following is not a place where glass is used in England as peacetime prosperity develops an increasing market for it?
(a) Windows of great houses and shops.
(b) Drinking and looking glasses.
(c) Bathing pools
(d) Church altars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will finance the invasion Mary Stuart anticipates?
2. How long has Queen Elizabeth ruled England at 37 years-old?
3. To whom does Lettice Devereux plot to marry her daughter?
4. What kind of stockings does Mrs. Montagu give Queen Elizabeth in 1560?
5. What are pearls said to symbolize?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)