|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mary Stuart writes Queen Elizabeth in Chapter 22, who does she blame for the gossip about her?
(a) Lady Shrewsbury.
(b) Lord Burleigh.
(c) Catherine de Medici.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
2. What invasion is Mary Stuart anticipating at the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) An invasion of England on her behalf by Spain.
(b) An invastion of England by Scottish Lords.
(c) An invastion of France by Scotland.
(d) An invasion of Scotland by Queen Elizabeth.
3. During her era, what is unusual about the way Queen Elizabeth bathes?
(a) She bathes in icy water.
(b) She only bathes once a year.
(c) She bathes her entire body in an oval bath.
(d) She does not use soap.
4. What are pearls said to symbolize?
(a) Psychic ability.
5. What does the author say hair is washed with during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
(a) Lavender and roses.
(b) Olive oil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease does Queen Elizabeth contract and nearly die of?
2. What keeps Queen Elizabeth's complexion so white?
3. Which of the following is not a place where glass is used in England as peacetime prosperity develops an increasing market for it?
4. When a comet appears over London, what do many people believe it heralds?
5. How does Queen Elizabeth revive the Royal Navy?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)