|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say hair is washed with during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
(b) Lavender and roses.
(c) Olive oil.
2. During her era, what is unusual about the way Queen Elizabeth bathes?
(a) She does not use soap.
(b) She bathes in icy water.
(c) She only bathes once a year.
(d) She bathes her entire body in an oval bath.
3. What kind of stockings does Mrs. Montagu give Queen Elizabeth in 1560?
(a) Worsted stockings.
(b) Taffeta stockings.
(c) Knitted silk stockings.
(d) Wool stockings.
4. Which of the following is not a place where glass is used in England as peacetime prosperity develops an increasing market for it?
(a) Drinking and looking glasses.
(b) Windows of great houses and shops.
(c) Church altars.
(d) Bathing pools
5. How does Queen Elizabeth revive the Royal Navy?
(a) She increases sailors' wages and builds strong ships.
(b) She sends medicine to ailing sailors.
(c) She offers titles and lands for joining the Navy.
(d) She drafts more men into the Navy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is assassinated in 1584?
2. How does the author say teeth are cleaned during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
3. What are pearls said to symbolize?
4. What disease does Queen Elizabeth contract and nearly die of?
5. Who will finance the invasion Mary Stuart anticipates?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)