|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps Queen Elizabeth's complexion so white?
(a) Elizabeth avoids sunlight.
(b) A lotion of egg white, eggshell, alum, borax & poppyseeds.
(c) Elizabeth is an albino.
(d) Elizabeth wears a white powder.
2. Who wants to marry Don Carlos, a criminal lunatic, to gain an alliance with Spain to help dethrone Elizabeth?
(a) Mary Stuart.
(b) Catherine Grey.
(d) Lettice Devereux.
3. What disease does Queen Elizabeth contract and nearly die of?
4. What invasion is Mary Stuart anticipating at the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) An invasion of Scotland by Queen Elizabeth.
(b) An invastion of England by Scottish Lords.
(c) An invastion of France by Scotland.
(d) An invasion of England on her behalf by Spain.
5. Why is Queen Elizabeth called "Queen of the Sea?"
(a) Because England is a seafaring nation.
(b) Because she has a large Navy.
(c) Because she swims a lot.
(d) Because of her interest in the Navy.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Lettice Devereux plot to marry her daughter?
2. Who is assassinated in 1584?
3. When a comet appears over London, what do many people believe it heralds?
4. Who will finance the invasion Mary Stuart anticipates?
5. When Mary Stuart writes Queen Elizabeth in Chapter 22, who does she blame for the gossip about her?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)