|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease does Queen Elizabeth contract and nearly die of?
2. How long has Queen Elizabeth ruled England at 37 years-old?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 20 years.
3. How does the author say teeth are cleaned during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
(a) Teeth were never cleaned then.
(b) By rubbing them with a cloth and using a toothpick.
(c) By rinsing the mouth with water and salt.
(d) By using a toothbrush just like people today use.
4. To whom does Lettice Devereux plot to marry her daughter?
(a) Sir Philip Sidney.
(b) The Earl of Sussex.
(c) Prince Alenzon.
(d) King James of Scotland.
5. Who will finance the invasion Mary Stuart anticipates?
(a) Catherine de Medici.
(b) King James of Scotland.
(c) The King of Spain.
(d) The Duke of Guise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are pearls said to symbolize?
2. What invasion is Mary Stuart anticipating at the beginning of Chapter 22?
3. When Mary Stuart writes Queen Elizabeth in Chapter 22, who does she blame for the gossip about her?
4. How does Queen Elizabeth revive the Royal Navy?
5. Who is assassinated in 1584?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)