|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Lettice Devereux plot to marry her daughter?
(a) Sir Philip Sidney.
(b) The Earl of Sussex.
(c) King James of Scotland.
(d) Prince Alenzon.
2. During her era, what is unusual about the way Queen Elizabeth bathes?
(a) She bathes in icy water.
(b) She bathes her entire body in an oval bath.
(c) She does not use soap.
(d) She only bathes once a year.
3. What invasion is Mary Stuart anticipating at the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) An invasion of Scotland by Queen Elizabeth.
(b) An invasion of England on her behalf by Spain.
(c) An invastion of France by Scotland.
(d) An invastion of England by Scottish Lords.
4. What keeps Queen Elizabeth's complexion so white?
(a) Elizabeth is an albino.
(b) Elizabeth avoids sunlight.
(c) A lotion of egg white, eggshell, alum, borax & poppyseeds.
(d) Elizabeth wears a white powder.
5. Who is assassinated in 1584?
(a) Prince Alenzon.
(b) King Philip of Spain.
(c) William of Orange.
(d) Catherine de Medici.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Queen Elizabeth called "Queen of the Sea?"
2. What are pearls said to symbolize?
3. Who will finance the invasion Mary Stuart anticipates?
4. What kind of stockings does Mrs. Montagu give Queen Elizabeth in 1560?
5. How does the author say teeth are cleaned during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)