|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a comet appears over London, what do many people believe it heralds?
(a) The death of some great person.
(b) The coming of the plague.
(c) The coming of war.
(d) The coming of great prosperity.
2. Who is assassinated in 1584?
(a) Catherine de Medici.
(b) Prince Alenzon.
(c) King Philip of Spain.
(d) William of Orange.
3. What keeps Queen Elizabeth's complexion so white?
(a) Elizabeth wears a white powder.
(b) Elizabeth avoids sunlight.
(c) A lotion of egg white, eggshell, alum, borax & poppyseeds.
(d) Elizabeth is an albino.
4. What does the author say hair is washed with during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
(a) Olive oil.
(c) Lavender and roses.
5. To whom does Lettice Devereux plot to marry her daughter?
(a) The Earl of Sussex.
(b) King James of Scotland.
(c) Prince Alenzon.
(d) Sir Philip Sidney.
Short Answer Questions
1. What invasion is Mary Stuart anticipating at the beginning of Chapter 22?
2. Why is Queen Elizabeth called "Queen of the Sea?"
3. How does the author say teeth are cleaned during Queen Elizabeth's lifetime?
4. Who wants to marry Don Carlos, a criminal lunatic, to gain an alliance with Spain to help dethrone Elizabeth?
5. What are pearls said to symbolize?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)