• Author Elizabeth Jenkins states in the introduction of Elizabeth the Great that her intention in writing the book was to collect interesting personal information about Queen Elizabeth.
• As a result of her intention, the author focuses the book on the queen.
• The focus of the book on the queen makes the shape of the book irregular at times since some important events in the queen's life get a brief mention and some minor events get detailed mention.
• While the book does not contain any information that has not already been published elsewhere, the author does include some little known facts about the queen that have not gotten much attention from other published books.
• King Henry VIII dies in January of 1547 and is survived by his three children: his oldest daughter Mary by his first wife, Catherine of Aragon; his daughter Elizabeth by his second...
This section contains 4,918 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)