|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who founded a seminary in 1568?
2. Who did Elizabeth I allow to enter Scotland with an army?
3. When did Walter Raleigh receive titles and favors from Elizabeth?
4. When was Norfolk arrested?
5. When did Darnley die according to Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What resulted in a breach between England and France according to Chapter 9?
2. What order did Elizabeth I give in March 1587 according to Chapter 12?
3. Why did some question Elizabeth I's age?
4. What was the plot uncovered in 1594 and who did it involve?
5. What did James want when he reached his majority?
6. Who was executed on June 2, 1572 and why?
7. Who died on September 4, 1588?
8. Who was Edmond Grindal and why did he clash with Elizabeth?
9. What was the Queen planning in 1588?
10. Who often performed for the Queen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast how Elizabeth I ruled at the beginning of her reign to how she ruled towards the end of her life. Examine similarities and differences in her actions and decisions.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the financial crisis which occurred during the reign of Elizabeth I, and how she dealt with the crisis.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the significance of religion and how the monarch was made Supreme Governor of the Church in England.
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)