|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wanted his daughter to be Queen of France?
2. Why did Elizabeth I often change residences?
3. How did Darnley die?
4. What happened when the British reached Lisbon that made them return to Britain?
5. Who wanted to depose Elizabeth I?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did some question Elizabeth I's age?
2. What resulted in a breach between England and France according to Chapter 9?
3. Who died at the beginning of Chapter 7?
4. How many houses and castles did Elizabeth I have?
5. Who came to the Queen's Court in 1581?
6. Who was executed on June 2, 1572 and why?
7. What did James want when he reached his majority?
8. What did Walsingham advise the Queen of?
9. What did the English government assume about Catholicism according to Chapter 11?
10. What did Elizabeth Iwant for Prince James?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the significance of the Queen's Court in the Elizabethan era, including its purpose, the responsibilities/duties of the court, and expectations of behavior.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the reign of Elizabeth I with that of Mary, Queen of Scots.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the problems in France under King Henry and examine England's involvement in France.
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)