|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who succeeded Archbishop Parker?
2. What did Parliament expand in 1570?
3. Who was executed on February 8, 1587?
4. When did Mary and Bothwell marry?
5. When did Walter Raleigh receive titles and favors from Elizabeth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did James want when he reached his majority?
2. How many Catholics were executed under Elizabeth I's reign?
3. What resulted in a breach between England and France according to Chapter 9?
4. Who came to the Queen's Court in 1581?
5. In what conspiracies was the Duke of Norfolk involved in?
6. What did the English government assume about Catholicism according to Chapter 11?
7. How did access to Mary tighten?
8. What order did Elizabeth I give in March 1587 according to Chapter 12?
9. Who was Edmond Grindal and why did he clash with Elizabeth?
10. How many houses and castles did Elizabeth I have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the impact that the death of Elizabeth I had on England and compare Elizabeth I with her successor, James of Scotland.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Nine Years War, the causes, impact on both Ireland and England, and the resolution of the war.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of Dr. William Allen and how it increased England's belief of a Catholic threat.
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)