|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joined the Spanish expedition that angered Elizabeth?
2. Where did Philip accept Protestantism?
3. Who succeeded Archbishop Parker?
4. Who did Philip want to inherit England's throne?
5. What did Parliament expand in 1570?
Short Essay Questions
1. What order did Elizabeth I give in March 1587 according to Chapter 12?
2. What was the Queen planning in 1588?
3. In what conspiracies was the Duke of Norfolk involved in?
4. What did the Duke of Alencon send to Elizabeth I and why?
5. Who died on September 4, 1588?
6. Who died at the beginning of Chapter 7?
7. How old was Robert, Earl of Essex, when he first appeared at the Queen's Court according to Chapter 13?
8. Who was Edmond Grindal and why did he clash with Elizabeth?
9. What did the English government assume about Catholicism according to Chapter 11?
10. Who was executed on June 2, 1572 and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast how Elizabeth I ruled at the beginning of her reign to how she ruled towards the end of her life. Examine similarities and differences in her actions and decisions.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the significance of the plots against Elizabeth I during her reign and how they were dealt with by the English government.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the significance of the Queen's Court in the Elizabethan era, including its purpose, the responsibilities/duties of the court, and expectations of behavior.
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)