|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the Duke of Norfolk attempt to unseat?
2. What bill did Elizabeth I refuse to sign?
3. Who was James taken prisoner by?
4. Who did Elizabeth I consider a threat for the unity of the Church?
5. Who was named Regent of the Kingdom of Scotland?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who died on September 4, 1588?
2. What did Elizabeth Iwant for Prince James?
3. Who came to the Queen's Court in 1581?
4. What happened to Elizabeth I in 1570?
5. How did access to Mary tighten?
6. What was the plot uncovered in 1594 and who did it involve?
7. What did the English government assume about Catholicism according to Chapter 11?
8. What resulted in a breach between England and France according to Chapter 9?
9. Who was Edmond Grindal and why did he clash with Elizabeth?
10. How many Catholics were executed under Elizabeth I's reign?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the impact that the death of Elizabeth I had on England and compare Elizabeth I with her successor, James of Scotland.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Nine Years War, the causes, impact on both Ireland and England, and the resolution of the war.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the problems in France under King Henry and examine England's involvement in France.
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)