|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Elizabeth I accept to do for Charles IX?
2. Who did Elizabeth I send Mary to after the Scottish announcement that they had proof of Mary's involvement in the murder plot?
3. Why did Elizabeth I often change residences?
4. How many Catholics were executed during Elizabeth I's reign?
5. Who did the Duke of Norfolk attempt to unseat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was required of the ladies in the Queen's service?
2. What was Philip's condition regarding negotiations?
3. What was held in 1588 and what was the outcome?
4. Who died at the beginning of Chapter 7?
5. Who often performed for the Queen?
6. Who was assassinated in Scotland according to Chapter 8?
7. How many Catholics were executed under Elizabeth I's reign?
8. What did Walsingham advise the Queen of?
9. How old was Robert, Earl of Essex, when he first appeared at the Queen's Court according to Chapter 13?
10. What was the Queen planning in 1588?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the impact that the death of Elizabeth I had on England and compare Elizabeth I with her successor, James of Scotland.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of Dr. William Allen and how it increased England's belief of a Catholic threat.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Henry VIII's relationship with the Roman Church and discuss the significance of the Act of Restraint of Appeals.
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)