|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Elizabeth I accept to do for Charles IX?
2. Who succeeded Philip II when he died in September of 1598?
3. When was Philip considering invading England?
4. What happened to Moray at the start of Chapter 8?
5. When was Norfolk executed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What resulted in a breach between England and France according to Chapter 9?
2. Why did some question Elizabeth I's age?
3. Who died at the beginning of Chapter 7?
4. What order did Elizabeth I give in March 1587 according to Chapter 12?
5. Who did King Henry of France have problems with?
6. What was held in 1588 and what was the outcome?
7. How did access to Mary tighten?
8. Who was Edmond Grindal and why did he clash with Elizabeth?
9. What did Elizabeth Iwant for Prince James?
10. What was Philip's condition regarding negotiations?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast how Elizabeth I ruled at the beginning of her reign to how she ruled towards the end of her life. Examine similarities and differences in her actions and decisions.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the problems in France under King Henry and examine England's involvement in France.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the Treaty of Edinburgh, examine Cecil's involvement and why the Queen was disappointed with the treaty.
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)