|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wanted to depose Elizabeth I?
2. Who ordered the massacre of Protestants in France in 1572?
3. Who was involved in the plot against Elizabeth I in 1594?
4. Who did Philip want to inherit England's throne?
5. How old was Robert, Earl of Essex in 1587?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the plot uncovered in 1594 and who did it involve?
2. What did James want when he reached his majority?
3. Who did King Henry of France have problems with?
4. How did access to Mary tighten?
5. Who was Edmond Grindal and why did he clash with Elizabeth?
6. Who died on September 4, 1588?
7. Why did some question Elizabeth I's age?
8. What was the Queen planning in 1588?
9. How old was Robert, Earl of Essex, when he first appeared at the Queen's Court according to Chapter 13?
10. How many houses and castles did Elizabeth I have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of Dr. William Allen and how it increased England's belief of a Catholic threat.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the significance of religion and how the monarch was made Supreme Governor of the Church in England.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the relationships of Henry VIII and discuss how it impacted future generations regarding questions of illegitimacy and succession.
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)