|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was named Regent of the Kingdom of Scotland?
2. What honor did Elizabeth sparingly hand out according to Chapter 10?
3. When did Leicester die?
4. When did Elizabeth plan an expedition against Spain?
5. What bill did Elizabeth I refuse to sign?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who came to the Queen's Court in 1581?
2. Why did some question Elizabeth I's age?
3. What did Elizabeth I realize regarding Mary?
4. How old was Robert, Earl of Essex, when he first appeared at the Queen's Court according to Chapter 13?
5. How many Catholics were executed under Elizabeth I's reign?
6. What was the plot uncovered in 1594 and who did it involve?
7. What happened to Elizabeth I in 1570?
8. Who was Edmond Grindal and why did he clash with Elizabeth?
9. Who died on September 4, 1588?
10. Who did King Henry of France have problems with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the causes of the Inquisition in Europe, the impact of the Inquisition, and how it was resolved.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of Dr. William Allen and how it increased England's belief of a Catholic threat.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the significance of marriage, including its benefits and drawbacks, for Elizabeth based on her perspective and that of the Privy Council.
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)