|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Elizabeth I send to Scotland after Mary's capture?
2. How did Darnley die?
3. When was Elizabeth I excommunicated?
4. Who did Philip want to inherit England's throne?
5. What did James of Scotland want?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Elizabeth Iwant for Prince James?
2. What did James want when he reached his majority?
3. What was held in 1588 and what was the outcome?
4. In what conspiracies was the Duke of Norfolk involved in?
5. What order did Elizabeth I give in March 1587 according to Chapter 12?
6. Why did some question Elizabeth I's age?
7. Who was executed on June 2, 1572 and why?
8. What did the English government assume about Catholicism according to Chapter 11?
9. What happened to Elizabeth I in 1570?
10. Who died on September 4, 1588?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of Edward, Earl of Hertford and examine how his rule changed England, as well as Elizabeth.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the significance of religion and how the monarch was made Supreme Governor of the Church in England.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the significance of marriage, including its benefits and drawbacks, for Elizabeth based on her perspective and that of the Privy Council.
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)