|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Darnley die?
2. Who did Elizabeth I finance the mercenaries of?
3. Who wanted to depose Elizabeth I?
4. How old was Robert, Earl of Essex in 1587?
5. Who did Elizabeth I hope to negotiate peace with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the plot uncovered in 1594 and who did it involve?
2. What was required of the ladies in the Queen's service?
3. What was held in 1588 and what was the outcome?
4. Who was Edmond Grindal and why did he clash with Elizabeth?
5. How did access to Mary tighten?
6. What resulted in a breach between England and France according to Chapter 9?
7. Who came to the Queen's Court in 1581?
8. Who died at the beginning of Chapter 7?
9. What did Walsingham advise the Queen of?
10. What was Philip's condition regarding negotiations?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the misconduct of the Earl of Essex, the impact of his actions on England, and the involvement of the Privy Council.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of Edward, Earl of Hertford and examine how his rule changed England, as well as Elizabeth.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the significance of the Queen's Court in the Elizabethan era, including its purpose, the responsibilities/duties of the court, and expectations of behavior.
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)