|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who succeeded Archbishop Parker?
2. When did Elizabeth I visit various people in the Midland region?
3. When did Mary and Bothwell marry?
4. What honor did Elizabeth sparingly hand out according to Chapter 10?
5. When was Philip considering invading England?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Walsingham advise the Queen of?
2. What was required of the ladies in the Queen's service?
3. How old was Robert, Earl of Essex, when he first appeared at the Queen's Court according to Chapter 13?
4. Why did some question Elizabeth I's age?
5. How many houses and castles did Elizabeth I have?
6. What happened to Elizabeth I in 1570?
7. What did Elizabeth Iwant for Prince James?
8. What resulted in a breach between England and France according to Chapter 9?
9. Who died at the beginning of Chapter 7?
10. What did James want when he reached his majority?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the causes of the Inquisition in Europe, the impact of the Inquisition, and how it was resolved.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Henry VIII's relationship with the Roman Church and discuss the significance of the Act of Restraint of Appeals.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the financial crisis which occurred during the reign of Elizabeth I, and how she dealt with the crisis.
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)