|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alencon become in 1580?
2. Who wanted to depose Elizabeth I?
3. Who did Elizabeth I send Mary to after the Scottish announcement that they had proof of Mary's involvement in the murder plot?
4. Who wanted his daughter to be Queen of France?
5. When was Elizabeth I excommunicated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Philip's condition regarding negotiations?
2. Who died at the beginning of Chapter 7?
3. Who came to the Queen's Court in 1581?
4. Why did some question Elizabeth I's age?
5. Who was executed on June 2, 1572 and why?
6. How did access to Mary tighten?
7. What did Walsingham advise the Queen of?
8. What did James want when he reached his majority?
9. What resulted in a breach between England and France according to Chapter 9?
10. How many Catholics were executed under Elizabeth I's reign?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the issue of succession under Elizabeth I and what role the Privy Council and Parliament had in succession.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the Bond of Association, why it was started, and the impact it had on the people of England and those in other countries.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the significance of the Queen's Court in the Elizabethan era, including its purpose, the responsibilities/duties of the court, and expectations of behavior.
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)