|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Leicester marry in 1578?
2. Who did Elizabeth I hope to negotiate peace with?
3. How many houses did Elizabeth have?
4. Why did Archduke Charles refuse to marry Elizabeth?
5. Who succeeded Philip II when he died in September of 1598?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who often performed for the Queen?
2. What did the Duke of Alencon send to Elizabeth I and why?
3. Why did some question Elizabeth I's age?
4. What was held in 1588 and what was the outcome?
5. How did access to Mary tighten?
6. Who died on September 4, 1588?
7. What was the Queen planning in 1588?
8. What order did Elizabeth I give in March 1587 according to Chapter 12?
9. How old was Robert, Earl of Essex, when he first appeared at the Queen's Court according to Chapter 13?
10. What did Elizabeth Iwant for Prince James?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Nine Years War, the causes, impact on both Ireland and England, and the resolution of the war.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the significance of religion and how the monarch was made Supreme Governor of the Church in England.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the impact that the death of Elizabeth I had on England and compare Elizabeth I with her successor, James of Scotland.
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)