|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Mary and Bothwell marry?
2. When did Pope Gregory want Philip to include England in invasion plans, according to Chapter 12?
3. How did Darnley die?
4. Who did Elizabeth I send Mary to after the Scottish announcement that they had proof of Mary's involvement in the murder plot?
5. What did James of Scotland want?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the English government assume about Catholicism according to Chapter 11?
2. What was the Queen planning in 1588?
3. Who was executed on June 2, 1572 and why?
4. What did Walsingham advise the Queen of?
5. How did access to Mary tighten?
6. How many Catholics were executed under Elizabeth I's reign?
7. What was required of the ladies in the Queen's service?
8. Who did King Henry of France have problems with?
9. Who was Edmond Grindal and why did he clash with Elizabeth?
10. Who was assassinated in Scotland according to Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the Spanish Armada and the clashes with England, including its causes and impact of the disagreement on both countries.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the significance of religion and how the monarch was made Supreme Governor of the Church in England.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the reign of Elizabeth I with that of Mary, Queen of Scots.
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)