|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Robert, Earl of Essex first appear at the court?
2. Who did Philip want to inherit England's throne?
3. Who succeeded Archbishop Parker?
4. What event prompted the British to send troops to the Netherlands?
5. Who did Elizabeth I send to Scotland after Mary's capture?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Duke of Alencon send to Elizabeth I and why?
2. How did access to Mary tighten?
3. What was required of the ladies in the Queen's service?
4. Who was executed on June 2, 1572 and why?
5. Who died on September 4, 1588?
6. Who was Edmond Grindal and why did he clash with Elizabeth?
7. How many Catholics were executed under Elizabeth I's reign?
8. What did the English government assume about Catholicism according to Chapter 11?
9. What resulted in a breach between England and France according to Chapter 9?
10. Who died at the beginning of Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the issue of succession under Elizabeth I and what role the Privy Council and Parliament had in succession.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the significance of religion and how the monarch was made Supreme Governor of the Church in England.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Nine Years War, the causes, impact on both Ireland and England, and the resolution of the war.
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)