|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who succeeded Philip II when he died in September of 1598?
2. Who did Philip want to inherit England's throne?
3. Who did Elizabeth I send to Scotland after Mary's capture?
4. What event prompted the British to send troops to the Netherlands?
5. Who joined the Spanish expedition that angered Elizabeth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was assassinated in Scotland according to Chapter 8?
2. What was the Queen planning in 1588?
3. Who came to the Queen's Court in 1581?
4. What happened to Elizabeth I in 1570?
5. Who was executed on June 2, 1572 and why?
6. In what conspiracies was the Duke of Norfolk involved in?
7. What was the plot uncovered in 1594 and who did it involve?
8. How did access to Mary tighten?
9. Who was Edmond Grindal and why did he clash with Elizabeth?
10. Who often performed for the Queen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the issue of succession under Elizabeth I and what role the Privy Council and Parliament had in succession.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the Treaty of Edinburgh, examine Cecil's involvement and why the Queen was disappointed with the treaty.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of Dr. William Allen and how it increased England's belief of a Catholic threat.
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)