|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when the British reached Lisbon that made them return to Britain?
2. What honor did Elizabeth sparingly hand out according to Chapter 10?
3. Where did the British fleet land during their bid to invade Spain?
4. When did Mary and Bothwell marry?
5. Who took control of Scotland?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was assassinated in Scotland according to Chapter 8?
2. What happened to Elizabeth I in 1570?
3. Why did some question Elizabeth I's age?
4. Who came to the Queen's Court in 1581?
5. What did Elizabeth I realize regarding Mary?
6. What was the plot uncovered in 1594 and who did it involve?
7. Who often performed for the Queen?
8. What resulted in a breach between England and France according to Chapter 9?
9. What did the Duke of Alencon send to Elizabeth I and why?
10. In what conspiracies was the Duke of Norfolk involved in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the financial crisis which occurred during the reign of Elizabeth I, and how she dealt with the crisis.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the impact that the death of Elizabeth I had on England and compare Elizabeth I with her successor, James of Scotland.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Henry VIII's relationship with the Roman Church and discuss the significance of the Act of Restraint of Appeals.
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)