|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Elizabeth I open talks with France to marry?
2. Who did Elizabeth I allow to enter Scotland with an army?
3. Which author often performed for the Queen?
4. What did France experience in September 1585?
5. Who was executed on February 8, 1587?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Elizabeth Iwant for Prince James?
2. Who did King Henry of France have problems with?
3. What order did Elizabeth I give in March 1587 according to Chapter 12?
4. What was held in 1588 and what was the outcome?
5. In what conspiracies was the Duke of Norfolk involved in?
6. Who was assassinated in Scotland according to Chapter 8?
7. How did access to Mary tighten?
8. How old was Robert, Earl of Essex, when he first appeared at the Queen's Court according to Chapter 13?
9. What did Walsingham advise the Queen of?
10. Who was executed on June 2, 1572 and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the Bond of Association, why it was started, and the impact it had on the people of England and those in other countries.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the issue of succession under Elizabeth I and what role the Privy Council and Parliament had in succession.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Nine Years War, the causes, impact on both Ireland and England, and the resolution of the war.
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)