|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Elizabeth I send to Austria to negotiate with Archduke Charles?
2. Where did Essex meet King Henry?
3. Which author often performed for the Queen?
4. What happened to Moray at the start of Chapter 8?
5. Where did the British navy and the Spanish Armada fight after the failure of the peace treaty?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was assassinated in Scotland according to Chapter 8?
2. What was Philip's condition regarding negotiations?
3. Who was executed on June 2, 1572 and why?
4. What happened to Elizabeth I in 1570?
5. What did the Duke of Alencon send to Elizabeth I and why?
6. What was held in 1588 and what was the outcome?
7. What order did Elizabeth I give in March 1587 according to Chapter 12?
8. What was required of the ladies in the Queen's service?
9. What did Elizabeth I realize regarding Mary?
10. Who often performed for the Queen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Henry VIII's relationship with the Roman Church and discuss the significance of the Act of Restraint of Appeals.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the Treaty of Edinburgh, examine Cecil's involvement and why the Queen was disappointed with the treaty.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the misconduct of the Earl of Essex, the impact of his actions on England, and the involvement of the Privy Council.
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)