|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was found to be part of the Franco-Scottish plot against Elizabeth I?
2. Who did Elizabeth I send to Austria to negotiate with Archduke Charles?
3. When was Norfolk executed?
4. Who founded a seminary in 1568?
5. When did Pope Gregory want Philip to include England in invasion plans, according to Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was assassinated in Scotland according to Chapter 8?
2. How did access to Mary tighten?
3. What happened to Elizabeth I in 1570?
4. What order did Elizabeth I give in March 1587 according to Chapter 12?
5. What did Walsingham advise the Queen of?
6. Why did some question Elizabeth I's age?
7. What resulted in a breach between England and France according to Chapter 9?
8. What was the Queen planning in 1588?
9. Who came to the Queen's Court in 1581?
10. How many Catholics were executed under Elizabeth I's reign?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of Dr. William Allen and how it increased England's belief of a Catholic threat.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the problems in France under King Henry and examine England's involvement in France.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the Bond of Association, why it was started, and the impact it had on the people of England and those in other countries.
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)