|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What honor did Elizabeth sparingly hand out according to Chapter 10?
2. Who succeeded Charles IX?
3. When was Philip considering invading England?
4. What did the British government think Catholicism would do given enough time, according to Chapter 11?
5. When was Norfolk executed?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the issue of succession under Elizabeth I and what role the Privy Council and Parliament had in succession.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of Edward, Earl of Hertford and examine how his rule changed England, as well as Elizabeth.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the misconduct of the Earl of Essex, the impact of his actions on England, and the involvement of the Privy Council.
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)