|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Walter Raleigh arrive at Elizabeth's court?
2. When did Elizabeth I visit various people in the Midland region?
3. When was Norfolk arrested?
4. Who did Leicester marry in 1578?
5. With what port did the British choose to replace the closed Dutch ports?
Short Essay Questions
1. How old was Robert, Earl of Essex, when he first appeared at the Queen's Court according to Chapter 13?
2. Who came to the Queen's Court in 1581?
3. What was the Queen planning in 1588?
4. Who died at the beginning of Chapter 7?
5. What happened to Elizabeth I in 1570?
6. What did the English government assume about Catholicism according to Chapter 11?
7. What did James want when he reached his majority?
8. What was Philip's condition regarding negotiations?
9. How did access to Mary tighten?
10. What was required of the ladies in the Queen's service?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the misconduct of the Earl of Essex, the impact of his actions on England, and the involvement of the Privy Council.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the issue of succession under Elizabeth I and what role the Privy Council and Parliament had in succession.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the impact that the death of Elizabeth I had on England and compare Elizabeth I with her successor, James of Scotland.
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)