|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Elizabeth I fear would take power in France and strengthen Spain?
2. Who did Philip authorize to negotiate with the British if Spain could NOT win a land battle?
3. Which author often performed for the Queen?
4. When did Elizabeth I give Francis Drake permission to attack Spanish ships?
5. Who gave hope to the Catholics during the reign of Elizabeth I?
Essay Topic 1
Compare the reign of Elizabeth I with that of Mary, Queen of Scots.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of Dr. William Allen and how it increased England's belief of a Catholic threat.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the Treaty of Edinburgh, examine Cecil's involvement and why the Queen was disappointed with the treaty.
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)