|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Queen Dowager die?
2. How old was Elizabeth when she was crowned Queen?
3. What happened to Dudley's wife?
4. When did Mary die?
5. When did Darnley arrive in Scotland?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was supposed to rule during Edwards' minority according to Chapter 2?
2. How would Mary, Queen of Scots have ascended to the throne?
3. Who did Henry marry in January 1533?
4. What did the Lord Protector have the Council investigate?
5. What did Somerset hypothesize about Elizabeth?
6. Why was Mary nicknamed "Bloody Mary"?
7. What did Mary, Queen of Scots, refuse to accept ?
8. What did the Privy Council advise Elizabeth I of regarding Darnley?
9. What did a potential husband need to have according to Chapter 4 and why did it present a problem?
10. What was the Act of Restrain of Appeals which Parliament passed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of Dr. William Allen and how it increased England's belief of a Catholic threat.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the Spanish Armada and the clashes with England, including its causes and impact of the disagreement on both countries.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the significance of the Queen's Court in the Elizabethan era, including its purpose, the responsibilities/duties of the court, and expectations of behavior.
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)