|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Edward contract tuberculosis?
2. When was the rebellion against Mary planned?
3. Who did Henry VIII marry in January 1533?
4. What did Cecil and Elizabeth I do to fight the financial crisis?
5. What did Parliament do after meeting in 1553?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Elizabeth adopt in Chapter 3 and why?
2. Why was Mary, Queen of Scots, interested in remarrying according to Chapter 6?
3. Who was Kat Ashley and who did she promote a match between?
4. Whose wife was found dead according to Chapter 5 and how did this affect Elizabeth?
5. What would have been the only thing Elizabeth might gain from a husband?
6. What happened under the terms of peace negotiated between the French and the English?
7. What happened in June 1566 and what did Elizabeth I send word of?
8. What did Edward contract in 1553 and what plan did he devise?
9. Why was Mary nicknamed "Bloody Mary"?
10. What was the Act of Restrain of Appeals which Parliament passed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the Spanish Armada and the clashes with England, including its causes and impact of the disagreement on both countries.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the Bond of Association, why it was started, and the impact it had on the people of England and those in other countries.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the reign of Elizabeth I with that of Mary, Queen of Scots.
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)