|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Elizabeth I stay after living in the Tower for a week?
2. How many men of the Privy Council did Elizabeth I keep that were under Mary?
3. Who was the only person without any stigma of illegitimacy that could have access the throne?
4. Who continued his pursuit of Elizabeth I as she was looking for a husband?
5. What happened in Newhaven in 1563?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would have been the only thing Elizabeth might gain from a husband?
2. What happened in June 1566 and what did Elizabeth I send word of?
3. What did Henry VIII request from Pope Clement VII in Chapter 1?
4. Who was supposed to rule during Edwards' minority according to Chapter 2?
5. What was the Act of Restrain of Appeals which Parliament passed?
6. What did Somerset hypothesize about Elizabeth?
7. What did the Privy Council advise Elizabeth I of regarding Darnley?
8. Why was Mary, Queen of Scots, interested in remarrying according to Chapter 6?
9. Why was Mary nicknamed "Bloody Mary"?
10. What did Elizabeth I say of when she would marry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the significance of the Queen's Court in the Elizabethan era, including its purpose, the responsibilities/duties of the court, and expectations of behavior.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Nine Years War, the causes, impact on both Ireland and England, and the resolution of the war.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the reign of Elizabeth I with that of Mary, Queen of Scots.
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)