|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Edward born?
2. What did Elizabeth do to appease Mary?
3. What would happen if Elizabeth I was to marry Dudley?
4. What did the Act of Restraint of Appeals prohibit?
5. What terms were in the treaty between France and England over Scotland?
Short Essay Questions
1. What direction did Elizabeth I give to the Privy Council?
2. What happened under the terms of peace negotiated between the French and the English?
3. What did Elizabeth adopt in Chapter 3 and why?
4. What did Elizabeth I say of when she would marry?
5. What would have been the only thing Elizabeth might gain from a husband?
6. Why was Mary, Queen of Scots, interested in remarrying according to Chapter 6?
7. What did Elizabeth want to ensure about Protestants?
8. How would Mary, Queen of Scots have ascended to the throne?
9. Whose wife was found dead according to Chapter 5 and how did this affect Elizabeth?
10. What did the Privy Council advise Elizabeth I of regarding Darnley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the relationships of Henry VIII and discuss how it impacted future generations regarding questions of illegitimacy and succession.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the financial crisis which occurred during the reign of Elizabeth I, and how she dealt with the crisis.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the significance of the Queen's Court in the Elizabethan era, including its purpose, the responsibilities/duties of the court, and expectations of behavior.
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)