|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Elizabeth proclaimed Queen according to Chapter 4?
2. Who did Mary want to marry?
3. What was Cecil pressuring Elizabeth I to do?
4. What did Elizabeth I decide her husband had to be, according to Chapter 4?
5. Where did Mary leave for after learning of her impending arrest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened on November 17, 1558 according to Chapter 4?
2. What was the plot uncovered in 1594 and who did it involve?
3. What was Philip's condition regarding negotiations?
4. Why did the Queen grow angry regarding the Church of Ireland?
5. Who did Henry marry in January 1533?
6. What did Elizabeth I realize regarding Mary?
7. What order did Elizabeth I give in March 1587 according to Chapter 12?
8. What happened in June 1566 and what did Elizabeth I send word of?
9. Why was Elizabeth put under house arrest?
10. What happened under the terms of peace negotiated between the French and the English?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of Edward, Earl of Hertford and examine how his rule changed England, as well as Elizabeth.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the financial crisis which occurred during the reign of Elizabeth I, and how she dealt with the crisis.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the reign of Elizabeth I with that of Mary, Queen of Scots.
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)