|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would have been the only positive thing that Elizabeth I would gain by taking a husband?
2. What was the Privy Council in charge of?
3. What interested Mary Queen of Scots in Chapter 6?
4. Who did Elizabeth I first stay with after arriving in London?
5. What did Elizabeth I say she would refuse to give her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in June 1566 and what did Elizabeth I send word of?
2. What did a potential husband need to have according to Chapter 4 and why did it present a problem?
3. Why was Elizabeth put under house arrest?
4. What happened under the terms of peace negotiated between the French and the English?
5. What was the Act of Restrain of Appeals which Parliament passed?
6. Why was Mary, Queen of Scots, interested in remarrying according to Chapter 6?
7. What would have been the only thing Elizabeth might gain from a husband?
8. What did Somerset hypothesize about Elizabeth?
9. What did the Privy Council do for the Queen?
10. Why was Mary nicknamed "Bloody Mary"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the reign of Elizabeth I with that of Mary, Queen of Scots.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the issue of succession under Elizabeth I and what role the Privy Council and Parliament had in succession.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the impact that the death of Elizabeth I had on England and compare Elizabeth I with her successor, James of Scotland.
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)