|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did women in the 16th century have little of?
2. When did Mary marry?
3. When did Edward contract tuberculosis?
4. Who did Baron Seymour of Sudeley marry?
5. When was Elizabeth proclaimed Queen according to Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the main topic when Parliament convened in 1563?
2. What happened on November 17, 1558 according to Chapter 4?
3. What would have been the only thing Elizabeth might gain from a husband?
4. Why was Mary, Queen of Scots, interested in remarrying according to Chapter 6?
5. What did Elizabeth adopt in Chapter 3 and why?
6. Who did Henry marry in January 1533?
7. What happened in June 1566 and what did Elizabeth I send word of?
8. Why was Mary nicknamed "Bloody Mary"?
9. What did a potential husband need to have according to Chapter 4 and why did it present a problem?
10. What did Henry VIII request from Pope Clement VII in Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the misconduct of the Earl of Essex, the impact of his actions on England, and the involvement of the Privy Council.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the significance of marriage, including its benefits and drawbacks, for Elizabeth based on her perspective and that of the Privy Council.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the Spanish Armada and the clashes with England, including its causes and impact of the disagreement on both countries.
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)