|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What law did Elizabeth want the Parliament to pass?
2. When was James born?
3. What capacity was Sir William Cecil appointed to?
4. Where did Elizabeth I stay after living in the Tower for a week?
5. Why did Mary resent Elizabeth according to Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Mary nicknamed "Bloody Mary"?
2. What happened in June 1566 and what did Elizabeth I send word of?
3. What did Elizabeth adopt in Chapter 3 and why?
4. What direction did Elizabeth I give to the Privy Council?
5. What was the main topic when Parliament convened in 1563?
6. How did new laws change the monarch's relationship with the Church?
7. Who was Kat Ashley and who did she promote a match between?
8. What did Edward contract in 1553 and what plan did he devise?
9. What did the Privy Council advise Elizabeth I of regarding Darnley?
10. What did the Privy Council do for the Queen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast how Elizabeth I ruled at the beginning of her reign to how she ruled towards the end of her life. Examine similarities and differences in her actions and decisions.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the Treaty of Edinburgh, examine Cecil's involvement and why the Queen was disappointed with the treaty.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of Dr. William Allen and how it increased England's belief of a Catholic threat.
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)