|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Leicester want Mary to marry Darnley?
2. Why did foreigners refuse British coins?
3. What was the name of the daughter of Catherine of Aragon?
4. What happened to Dudley's wife?
5. When did Darnley marry Mary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened under the terms of peace negotiated between the French and the English?
2. Why was Mary, Queen of Scots, interested in remarrying according to Chapter 6?
3. What would have been the only thing Elizabeth might gain from a husband?
4. Whose wife was found dead according to Chapter 5 and how did this affect Elizabeth?
5. What did Elizabeth I say of when she would marry?
6. Why was Mary nicknamed "Bloody Mary"?
7. What did Elizabeth want to ensure about Protestants?
8. What happened on November 17, 1558 according to Chapter 4?
9. What did Somerset hypothesize about Elizabeth?
10. What did Elizabeth adopt in Chapter 3 and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the Treaty of Edinburgh, examine Cecil's involvement and why the Queen was disappointed with the treaty.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the Bond of Association, why it was started, and the impact it had on the people of England and those in other countries.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the financial crisis which occurred during the reign of Elizabeth I, and how she dealt with the crisis.
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)