|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Elizabeth study with?
2. Who ousted the Lord Protector?
3. When was Elizabeth I formally crowned Queen?
4. What interested Mary Queen of Scots in Chapter 6?
5. What did the Act of Restraint of Appeals prohibit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Mary, Queen of Scots, interested in remarrying according to Chapter 6?
2. What did Henry VIII request from Pope Clement VII in Chapter 1?
3. What direction did Elizabeth I give to the Privy Council?
4. Why was Elizabeth put under house arrest?
5. Whose wife was found dead according to Chapter 5 and how did this affect Elizabeth?
6. What did Mary, Queen of Scots, refuse to accept ?
7. How would Mary, Queen of Scots have ascended to the throne?
8. What did Edward contract in 1553 and what plan did he devise?
9. What did Elizabeth adopt in Chapter 3 and why?
10. What happened under the terms of peace negotiated between the French and the English?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of Edward, Earl of Hertford and examine how his rule changed England, as well as Elizabeth.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the significance of the plots against Elizabeth I during her reign and how they were dealt with by the English government.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Henry VIII's relationship with the Roman Church and discuss the significance of the Act of Restraint of Appeals.
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)