|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Mary's adviser in 1553?
2. Why was there an interest in Elizabeth I marrying?
3. Where did Elizabeth I stay after living in the Tower for a week?
4. When was Elizabeth I formally crowned Queen?
5. What did Cecil think was the only solution to squash Mary's claim to the throne?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Act of Restrain of Appeals which Parliament passed?
2. What happened on November 17, 1558 according to Chapter 4?
3. What did Henry VIII request from Pope Clement VII in Chapter 1?
4. What did the Privy Council advise Elizabeth I of regarding Darnley?
5. What happened in June 1566 and what did Elizabeth I send word of?
6. What did a potential husband need to have according to Chapter 4 and why did it present a problem?
7. What did Elizabeth I say of when she would marry?
8. Why was Mary, Queen of Scots, interested in remarrying according to Chapter 6?
9. Who was Kat Ashley and who did she promote a match between?
10. What did Elizabeth want to ensure about Protestants?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the Bond of Association, why it was started, and the impact it had on the people of England and those in other countries.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of Edward, Earl of Hertford and examine how his rule changed England, as well as Elizabeth.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the financial crisis which occurred during the reign of Elizabeth I, and how she dealt with the crisis.
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)