|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Queen Dowager die?
2. Who did Mary want to marry?
3. Why was there an interest in Elizabeth I marrying?
4. What capacity was Sir William Cecil appointed to?
5. When did Edward contract tuberculosis?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did new laws change the monarch's relationship with the Church?
2. What did the Privy Council advise Elizabeth I of regarding Darnley?
3. What did a potential husband need to have according to Chapter 4 and why did it present a problem?
4. What did Elizabeth I say of when she would marry?
5. Why was Mary nicknamed "Bloody Mary"?
6. Who was Kat Ashley and who did she promote a match between?
7. What did Henry VIII request from Pope Clement VII in Chapter 1?
8. Why was Mary, Queen of Scots, interested in remarrying according to Chapter 6?
9. Why was Elizabeth put under house arrest?
10. Who did Henry marry in January 1533?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the Treaty of Edinburgh, examine Cecil's involvement and why the Queen was disappointed with the treaty.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the issue of succession under Elizabeth I and what role the Privy Council and Parliament had in succession.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the significance of religion and how the monarch was made Supreme Governor of the Church in England.
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)