|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was France's regent in 1562?
2. Who did Henry VIII marry in January 1533?
3. Who was supposed to rule England during Edward's minority according to Chapter 2?
4. Who pressured Elizabeth I to marry and name a successor?
5. Who did Baron Seymour of Sudeley marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What resulted in a breach between England and France according to Chapter 9?
2. When did Elizabeth I die and who was announced as King?
3. What increased in the English court and why?
4. Why was Mary nicknamed "Bloody Mary"?
5. What happened under the terms of peace negotiated between the French and the English?
6. Who died at the beginning of Chapter 7?
7. What did Elizabeth I say of when she would marry?
8. What did Walsingham advise the Queen of?
9. What was required of the ladies in the Queen's service?
10. What did Elizabeth want to ensure about Protestants?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the causes of the Inquisition in Europe, the impact of the Inquisition, and how it was resolved.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the Treaty of Edinburgh, examine Cecil's involvement and why the Queen was disappointed with the treaty.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of Dr. William Allen and how it increased England's belief of a Catholic threat.
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)