|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Elizabeth I stay after living in the Tower for a week?
2. What did the Act of Restraint of Appeals prohibit?
3. Who was supposed to rule England during Edward's minority according to Chapter 2?
4. What did Elizabeth do to appease Mary?
5. When did Edward contract tuberculosis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Act of Restrain of Appeals which Parliament passed?
2. What did Henry VIII request from Pope Clement VII in Chapter 1?
3. What did Elizabeth I say of when she would marry?
4. What happened under the terms of peace negotiated between the French and the English?
5. What did the Privy Council do for the Queen?
6. Why was Mary nicknamed "Bloody Mary"?
7. Whose wife was found dead according to Chapter 5 and how did this affect Elizabeth?
8. Why was Mary, Queen of Scots, interested in remarrying according to Chapter 6?
9. How would Mary, Queen of Scots have ascended to the throne?
10. What did Mary, Queen of Scots, refuse to accept ?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the significance of the plots against Elizabeth I during her reign and how they were dealt with by the English government.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the financial crisis which occurred during the reign of Elizabeth I, and how she dealt with the crisis.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of Dr. William Allen and how it increased England's belief of a Catholic threat.
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)