|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Queen Dowager die?
2. What treaty did Cecil negotiate that displeased Elizabeth I according to Chapter 5?
3. What would happen if Elizabeth I was to marry Dudley?
4. Who did Baron Seymour of Sudeley marry?
5. What did Elizabeth I decide her husband had to be, according to Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would have been the only thing Elizabeth might gain from a husband?
2. What was the Act of Restrain of Appeals which Parliament passed?
3. Who was Kat Ashley and who did she promote a match between?
4. What did the Privy Council advise Elizabeth I of regarding Darnley?
5. Who was supposed to rule during Edwards' minority according to Chapter 2?
6. What happened on November 17, 1558 according to Chapter 4?
7. What did Elizabeth want to ensure about Protestants?
8. What did the Privy Council do for the Queen?
9. What happened in June 1566 and what did Elizabeth I send word of?
10. Whose wife was found dead according to Chapter 5 and how did this affect Elizabeth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the problems in France under King Henry and examine England's involvement in France.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the impact that the death of Elizabeth I had on England and compare Elizabeth I with her successor, James of Scotland.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the Bond of Association, why it was started, and the impact it had on the people of England and those in other countries.
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)