|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Henry VIII die?
2. Who was France's regent in 1562?
3. What terms were in the treaty between France and England over Scotland?
4. Why did foreigners refuse British coins?
5. Who did Elizabeth study with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in June 1566 and what did Elizabeth I send word of?
2. Whose wife was found dead according to Chapter 5 and how did this affect Elizabeth?
3. What did Elizabeth want to ensure about Protestants?
4. Who did Henry marry in January 1533?
5. How did new laws change the monarch's relationship with the Church?
6. What direction did Elizabeth I give to the Privy Council?
7. What did Mary, Queen of Scots, refuse to accept ?
8. Why was Elizabeth put under house arrest?
9. What was the Act of Restrain of Appeals which Parliament passed?
10. What was the main topic when Parliament convened in 1563?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the reign of Elizabeth I with that of Mary, Queen of Scots.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the problems in France under King Henry and examine England's involvement in France.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of Dr. William Allen and how it increased England's belief of a Catholic threat.
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)