|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would have been the only positive thing that Elizabeth I would gain by taking a husband?
2. Who was France's regent in 1562?
3. What was the name of the daughter of Catherine of Aragon?
4. Who thought that Darnley marrying Mary would strengthen Mary's claim to the throne?
5. Why was the planned rebellion against Mary moved up by two months?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Henry marry in January 1533?
2. Why was Mary nicknamed "Bloody Mary"?
3. What did Somerset hypothesize about Elizabeth?
4. Who was supposed to rule during Edwards' minority according to Chapter 2?
5. What was the main topic when Parliament convened in 1563?
6. What was the Act of Restrain of Appeals which Parliament passed?
7. Who was Kat Ashley and who did she promote a match between?
8. What would have been the only thing Elizabeth might gain from a husband?
9. How would Mary, Queen of Scots have ascended to the throne?
10. What happened on November 17, 1558 according to Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the issue of succession under Elizabeth I and what role the Privy Council and Parliament had in succession.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the relationships of Henry VIII and discuss how it impacted future generations regarding questions of illegitimacy and succession.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the impact that the death of Elizabeth I had on England and compare Elizabeth I with her successor, James of Scotland.
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)