|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Elizabeth's companion even as his wife was in the country?
2. What interested Mary Queen of Scots in Chapter 6?
3. Where did Elizabeth I stay after living in the Tower for a week?
4. What was the Privy Council in charge of?
5. What would have been the only positive thing that Elizabeth I would gain by taking a husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Act of Restrain of Appeals which Parliament passed?
2. What did the Privy Council do for the Queen?
3. What would have been the only thing Elizabeth might gain from a husband?
4. What did Mary, Queen of Scots, refuse to accept ?
5. What happened in June 1566 and what did Elizabeth I send word of?
6. Whose wishes did Pope Clement VII follow?
7. What happened under the terms of peace negotiated between the French and the English?
8. What did Edward contract in 1553 and what plan did he devise?
9. What did Somerset hypothesize about Elizabeth?
10. What did the Privy Council advise Elizabeth I of regarding Darnley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the financial crisis which occurred during the reign of Elizabeth I, and how she dealt with the crisis.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the significance of religion and how the monarch was made Supreme Governor of the Church in England.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the Treaty of Edinburgh, examine Cecil's involvement and why the Queen was disappointed with the treaty.
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)