|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Elizabeth I reject as a husband because he was too young?
2. How old was Elizabeth when she was crowned Queen?
3. Who did Elizabeth study with?
4. What happened to Dudley's wife?
5. Who was the only person without any stigma of illegitimacy that could have access the throne?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened on November 17, 1558 according to Chapter 4?
2. What did Edward contract in 1553 and what plan did he devise?
3. Who was supposed to rule during Edwards' minority according to Chapter 2?
4. What happened in June 1566 and what did Elizabeth I send word of?
5. What did Mary, Queen of Scots, refuse to accept ?
6. Why was Elizabeth put under house arrest?
7. What would have been the only thing Elizabeth might gain from a husband?
8. What did Elizabeth adopt in Chapter 3 and why?
9. What did the Lord Protector have the Council investigate?
10. What happened under the terms of peace negotiated between the French and the English?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the problems in France under King Henry and examine England's involvement in France.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the Spanish Armada and the clashes with England, including its causes and impact of the disagreement on both countries.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the issue of succession under Elizabeth I and what role the Privy Council and Parliament had in succession.
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)