|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who continued his pursuit of Elizabeth I as she was looking for a husband?
2. Who did Elizabeth study with?
3. Where did Mary leave for after learning of her impending arrest?
4. When was James born?
5. Who did Elizabeth Iselect as Archbishop of Canterbury?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the main topic when Parliament convened in 1563?
2. What did Elizabeth I say of when she would marry?
3. Whose wife was found dead according to Chapter 5 and how did this affect Elizabeth?
4. What direction did Elizabeth I give to the Privy Council?
5. What did Edward contract in 1553 and what plan did he devise?
6. Why was Mary, Queen of Scots, interested in remarrying according to Chapter 6?
7. How would Mary, Queen of Scots have ascended to the throne?
8. What did Elizabeth adopt in Chapter 3 and why?
9. What did a potential husband need to have according to Chapter 4 and why did it present a problem?
10. What was the Act of Restrain of Appeals which Parliament passed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the misconduct of the Earl of Essex, the impact of his actions on England, and the involvement of the Privy Council.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of Dr. William Allen and how it increased England's belief of a Catholic threat.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the relationships of Henry VIII and discuss how it impacted future generations regarding questions of illegitimacy and succession.
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)