|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mary leave for after learning of her impending arrest?
2. Who did Henry VIII need to have approval from to have his marriage dissolved, according to Chapter 1?
3. When was James born?
4. Where did Elizabeth I stay after living in the Tower for a week?
5. Who did Mary want to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did access to Mary tighten?
2. Why was Mary, Queen of Scots, interested in remarrying according to Chapter 6?
3. What did Mary, Queen of Scots, refuse to accept ?
4. Who did King Henry of France have problems with?
5. What did Elizabeth I say of when she would marry?
6. Why was Elizabeth put under house arrest?
7. What did Elizabeth want to ensure about Protestants?
8. What was required of the ladies in the Queen's service?
9. What would have been the only thing Elizabeth might gain from a husband?
10. When did Elizabeth I die and who was announced as King?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the significance of the Queen's Court in the Elizabethan era, including its purpose, the responsibilities/duties of the court, and expectations of behavior.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of Dr. William Allen and how it increased England's belief of a Catholic threat.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the issue of succession under Elizabeth I and what role the Privy Council and Parliament had in succession.
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)