|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what did Elizabeth I retain her independence from the Privy Council?
2. Why did foreigners refuse British coins?
3. Who did Elizabeth Iselect as Archbishop of Canterbury?
4. What did women in the 16th century have little of?
5. What did Elizabeth contract in 1562?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Elizabeth I say of when she would marry?
2. What did the Lord Protector have the Council investigate?
3. What did Somerset hypothesize about Elizabeth?
4. What direction did Elizabeth I give to the Privy Council?
5. What did Henry VIII request from Pope Clement VII in Chapter 1?
6. Who did Henry marry in January 1533?
7. What did Edward contract in 1553 and what plan did he devise?
8. What did the Privy Council advise Elizabeth I of regarding Darnley?
9. How would Mary, Queen of Scots have ascended to the throne?
10. What did a potential husband need to have according to Chapter 4 and why did it present a problem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the causes of the Inquisition in Europe, the impact of the Inquisition, and how it was resolved.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the Bond of Association, why it was started, and the impact it had on the people of England and those in other countries.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Henry VIII's relationship with the Roman Church and discuss the significance of the Act of Restraint of Appeals.
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)