|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was supposed to rule England during Edward's minority according to Chapter 2?
2. How old was Elizabeth when she was crowned Queen?
3. Who was France's regent in 1562?
4. Who did Baron Seymour of Sudeley marry?
5. What started after the Papal absolution of England's repudiation of Rome?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Mary, Queen of Scots, interested in remarrying according to Chapter 6?
2. What was the Act of Restrain of Appeals which Parliament passed?
3. What did Elizabeth I say of when she would marry?
4. Who was Kat Ashley and who did she promote a match between?
5. What did Edward contract in 1553 and what plan did he devise?
6. What happened under the terms of peace negotiated between the French and the English?
7. How would Mary, Queen of Scots have ascended to the throne?
8. What did a potential husband need to have according to Chapter 4 and why did it present a problem?
9. Why was Elizabeth put under house arrest?
10. What happened on November 17, 1558 according to Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the problems in France under King Henry and examine England's involvement in France.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the misconduct of the Earl of Essex, the impact of his actions on England, and the involvement of the Privy Council.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the impact that the death of Elizabeth I had on England and compare Elizabeth I with her successor, James of Scotland.
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)