|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What capacity was Sir William Cecil appointed to?
2. How many men of the Privy Council did Elizabeth I keep that were under Mary?
3. Who ousted the Lord Protector?
4. What terms were in the treaty between France and England over Scotland?
5. Who was Elizabeth's companion even as his wife was in the country?
Short Essay Questions
1. How old was Robert, Earl of Essex, when he first appeared at the Queen's Court according to Chapter 13?
2. Who died at the beginning of Chapter 7?
3. Who was executed on June 2, 1572 and why?
4. What did the Privy Council do for the Queen?
5. What happened in June 1566 and what did Elizabeth I send word of?
6. What did Henry VIII request from Pope Clement VII in Chapter 1?
7. What was the plot uncovered in 1594 and who did it involve?
8. What was Philip's condition regarding negotiations?
9. How many Catholics were executed under Elizabeth I's reign?
10. In what conspiracies was the Duke of Norfolk involved in?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast how Elizabeth I ruled at the beginning of her reign to how she ruled towards the end of her life. Examine similarities and differences in her actions and decisions.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the misconduct of the Earl of Essex, the impact of his actions on England, and the involvement of the Privy Council.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the significance of marriage, including its benefits and drawbacks, for Elizabeth based on her perspective and that of the Privy Council.
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)