|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the only person without any stigma of illegitimacy that could have access the throne?
2. Who was the mother of Henry VIII's son, Edward?
3. Who was Elizabeth's companion even as his wife was in the country?
4. Who did Elizabeth I name to be protector of the kingdom in case she was incapacitated for a long period of time?
5. What did Elizabeth contract in 1562?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose wife was found dead according to Chapter 5 and how did this affect Elizabeth?
2. Who was Kat Ashley and who did she promote a match between?
3. What happened under the terms of peace negotiated between the French and the English?
4. What was the Act of Restrain of Appeals which Parliament passed?
5. What did Elizabeth I say of when she would marry?
6. What did the Privy Council do for the Queen?
7. What did Henry VIII request from Pope Clement VII in Chapter 1?
8. What did Elizabeth adopt in Chapter 3 and why?
9. How did new laws change the monarch's relationship with the Church?
10. What did the Lord Protector have the Council investigate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of Edward, Earl of Hertford and examine how his rule changed England, as well as Elizabeth.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the Bond of Association, why it was started, and the impact it had on the people of England and those in other countries.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the issue of succession under Elizabeth I and what role the Privy Council and Parliament had in succession.
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)