|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Elizabeth I decide her husband had to be, according to Chapter 4?
2. What was Cecil pressuring Elizabeth I to do?
3. When did Queen Dowager die?
4. What country was Mary Queen of Scots also the Queen of?
5. What did Elizabeth I respond to the rumors of her having many lovers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened on November 17, 1558 according to Chapter 4?
2. Why was Mary, Queen of Scots, interested in remarrying according to Chapter 6?
3. What did Elizabeth I say of when she would marry?
4. What did Elizabeth want to ensure about Protestants?
5. What did Somerset hypothesize about Elizabeth?
6. What did Mary, Queen of Scots, refuse to accept ?
7. What would have been the only thing Elizabeth might gain from a husband?
8. Why was Mary nicknamed "Bloody Mary"?
9. Who was Kat Ashley and who did she promote a match between?
10. What did a potential husband need to have according to Chapter 4 and why did it present a problem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the financial crisis which occurred during the reign of Elizabeth I, and how she dealt with the crisis.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the Treaty of Edinburgh, examine Cecil's involvement and why the Queen was disappointed with the treaty.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of Dr. William Allen and how it increased England's belief of a Catholic threat.
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)