|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pressured Elizabeth I to marry and name a successor?
2. What did Elizabeth I do to force Darnley to return to England?
3. When did Queen Dowager die?
4. What interested Mary Queen of Scots in Chapter 6?
5. What happened to Dudley's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Kat Ashley and who did she promote a match between?
2. Who was executed on June 2, 1572 and why?
3. What did a potential husband need to have according to Chapter 4 and why did it present a problem?
4. Who came to the Queen's Court in 1581?
5. How many Catholics were executed under Elizabeth I's reign?
6. What did Mary, Queen of Scots, refuse to accept ?
7. Who was Edmond Grindal and why did he clash with Elizabeth?
8. How did new laws change the monarch's relationship with the Church?
9. How did access to Mary tighten?
10. What direction did Elizabeth I give to the Privy Council?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the significance of the plots against Elizabeth I during her reign and how they were dealt with by the English government.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the problems in France under King Henry and examine England's involvement in France.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the significance of the Queen's Court in the Elizabethan era, including its purpose, the responsibilities/duties of the court, and expectations of behavior.
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)