|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Mary want to marry?
2. Where was Elizabeth sent after she lived with Baron Seymour of Sudeley?
3. When was the rebellion against Mary planned?
4. What did Elizabeth I say she would refuse to give her husband?
5. What was Cecil pressuring Elizabeth I to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would Mary, Queen of Scots have ascended to the throne?
2. What happened under the terms of peace negotiated between the French and the English?
3. What happened on November 17, 1558 according to Chapter 4?
4. What did Somerset hypothesize about Elizabeth?
5. What did Elizabeth I say of when she would marry?
6. What did the Lord Protector have the Council investigate?
7. What did the Privy Council do for the Queen?
8. What was the main topic when Parliament convened in 1563?
9. What did Mary, Queen of Scots, refuse to accept ?
10. Who did Henry marry in January 1533?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of Edward, Earl of Hertford and examine how his rule changed England, as well as Elizabeth.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the relationships of Henry VIII and discuss how it impacted future generations regarding questions of illegitimacy and succession.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the causes of the Inquisition in Europe, the impact of the Inquisition, and how it was resolved.
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)