|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Elizabeth I fear would take power in France and strengthen Spain?
(a) The Catholic League.
(b) The Puritans.
(c) The poor.
(d) The rebels.
2. What happened to James after his capture?
(a) He killed all of his captors.
(b) He blackmailed his captor.
(c) He escaped.
(d) He hid.
3. Where did the British navy and the Spanish Armada fight after the failure of the peace treaty?
(a) Straits of Dover.
(b) The English Channel.
(c) The Atlantic.
(d) North Sea.
4. Who did Elizabeth I send to Scotland after Mary's capture?
(a) The Earl of Essex.
(b) The Duke of Norfolk.
(d) Sir Nicholas Throckmorton.
5. What did France experience in September 1585?
(b) Industrial Revolution.
(c) Civil War.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Darnley die according to Chapter 7?
2. Who refused the terms of Mary's restoration to the Throne?
3. Who did Elizabeth I want sent to England in order to protect him?
4. What bill did Elizabeth I refuse to sign?
5. Who was involved in the plot against Elizabeth I in 1594?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was held in 1588 and what was the outcome?
2. What did James want when he reached his majority?
3. How old was Robert, Earl of Essex, when he first appeared at the Queen's Court according to Chapter 13?
4. Who died on September 4, 1588?
5. In what conspiracies was the Duke of Norfolk involved in?
6. Who did King Henry of France have problems with?
7. How many Catholics were executed under Elizabeth I's reign?
8. Who was executed on June 2, 1572 and why?
9. Who came to the Queen's Court in 1581?
10. Who died at the beginning of Chapter 7?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)