|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was James taken prisoner by?
(a) The Earl of Sussex.
(b) The Lords Enterprise.
(c) Lord Essex.
(d) The French.
2. What did the government fear Catholics would do in case of an invasion of England?
(a) Side with Mary.
(b) Kill all of the Protestants.
(c) Kill Elizabeth I.
(d) Side with the Pope against the Queen.
3. What was the Queen's largest palace?
(a) Royal Pavilion.
(c) Savoy Palace.
4. Who succeeded Charles IX?
(a) Henry II.
(b) Henry III.
(c) Henry I.
(d) Henry IV.
5. What did Elizabeth I accept to do for Charles IX?
(a) Be his daughter's godmother.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Be his son's godmother.
(d) Be his witness.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Elizabeth I give Francis Drake permission to attack Spanish ships?
2. Who succeeded Philip II when he died in September of 1598?
3. What bill did Elizabeth I refuse to sign?
4. With what port did the British choose to replace the closed Dutch ports?
5. Who ordered the massacre of Protestants in France in 1572?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)