|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Norfolk arrested?
(a) August 1571.
(b) September 1571.
(c) October 1571.
(d) November 1751.
2. When was Philip considering invading England?
3. How many castles did Elizabeth I have?
4. What did the government fear Catholics would do in case of an invasion of England?
(a) Kill all of the Protestants.
(b) Side with the Pope against the Queen.
(c) Kill Elizabeth I.
(d) Side with Mary.
5. What were Elizabeth I's main London residences?
(a) South Kensington.
(b) Buckingham Palace.
(c) Whitehall and Hampton Court.
(d) Clarence House.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Darnley die?
2. Who succeeded Charles IX?
3. Who succeeded Archbishop Parker?
4. When did England and Spain hold peace talks?
5. What did James of Scotland want?
Short Essay Questions
1. How old was Robert, Earl of Essex, when he first appeared at the Queen's Court according to Chapter 13?
2. Who died on September 4, 1588?
3. What was the Queen planning in 1588?
4. How many Catholics were executed under Elizabeth I's reign?
5. Who was Edmond Grindal and why did he clash with Elizabeth?
6. What order did Elizabeth I give in March 1587 according to Chapter 12?
7. Who was assassinated in Scotland according to Chapter 8?
8. What did James want when he reached his majority?
9. How many houses and castles did Elizabeth I have?
10. Who died at the beginning of Chapter 7?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)