|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What massacre did Elizabeth l learn about in 1572?
(a) St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre.
(b) Valentine's Day Massacre.
(c) St. Brice's Day Massacre.
(d) Rose Massacre.
2. Who did Elizabeth I consider a threat for the unity of the Church?
(b) The Jews.
(c) The poor.
(d) The Puritans.
3. Who did Elizabeth I finance the mercenaries of?
(a) Mark Starvians.
(b) Philip Drake.
(c) German John Casmir.
(d) John Herman.
4. Who founded a seminary in 1568?
(a) Charles I.
(b) David Calhoun.
(c) George Calvert.
(d) William Allen.
5. When did England and Spain hold peace talks?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who succeeded Philip II when he died in September of 1598?
2. What honor did Elizabeth sparingly hand out according to Chapter 10?
3. Who succeeded Charles IX?
4. Who refused the terms of Mary's restoration to the Throne?
5. Who did Philip want to inherit England's throne?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was required of the ladies in the Queen's service?
2. What was the Queen planning in 1588?
3. What did Elizabeth Iwant for Prince James?
4. Who died on September 4, 1588?
5. Who did King Henry of France have problems with?
6. Who was assassinated in Scotland according to Chapter 8?
7. What resulted in a breach between England and France according to Chapter 9?
8. What did James want when he reached his majority?
9. What did the Duke of Alencon send to Elizabeth I and why?
10. What was the plot uncovered in 1594 and who did it involve?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)