|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What honor did Elizabeth sparingly hand out according to Chapter 10?
2. When did Walter Raleigh arrive at Elizabeth's court?
3. Who succeeded Philip II when he died in September of 1598?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His son Philip III.
(c) His wife.
(d) His brother.
4. Who was found to be part of the Franco-Scottish plot against Elizabeth I?
(a) The King of Spain.
(b) The Duke of York.
(d) The Queen's physician.
5. Why did Archduke Charles refuse to marry Elizabeth?
(a) He did not want to be married.
(b) He refused to move.
(c) He did not like her.
(d) He did not want to convert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wanted to depose Elizabeth I?
2. Who was named Regent of the Kingdom of Scotland?
3. When did Walter Raleigh receive titles and favors from Elizabeth?
4. How old was Walter Raleigh when he arrived at Elizabeth's court?
5. Who was executed on February 8, 1587?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Edmond Grindal and why did he clash with Elizabeth?
2. What was Philip's condition regarding negotiations?
3. What did James want when he reached his majority?
4. What happened to Elizabeth I in 1570?
5. Who was executed on June 2, 1572 and why?
6. In what conspiracies was the Duke of Norfolk involved in?
7. Who was assassinated in Scotland according to Chapter 8?
8. Why did some question Elizabeth I's age?
9. Who died at the beginning of Chapter 7?
10. What was the Queen planning in 1588?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)