|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which author often performed for the Queen?
2. Where did Philip accept Protestantism?
3. When did Elizabeth exchange gifts with her leading subjects?
(a) New Year's Day.
(b) Christmas Eve.
(c) Christmas Day.
(d) Boxing Day.
4. Who wanted to depose Elizabeth I?
(a) Howard and Ava.
(b) Philip and Alva.
(c) Henry and Ava.
(d) James and Alva.
5. Who was found to be part of the Franco-Scottish plot against Elizabeth I?
(a) The King of Spain.
(c) The Duke of York.
(d) The Queen's physician.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the British fleet land during their bid to invade Spain?
2. Who did Elizabeth I allow to enter Scotland with an army?
3. What Rome envoy was captured and killed with other priests?
4. What did the British government think Catholicism would do given enough time, according to Chapter 11?
5. Who succeeded Archbishop Parker?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Elizabeth Iwant for Prince James?
2. Why did some question Elizabeth I's age?
3. What did the Duke of Alencon send to Elizabeth I and why?
4. Who was assassinated in Scotland according to Chapter 8?
5. What was required of the ladies in the Queen's service?
6. What did the English government assume about Catholicism according to Chapter 11?
7. What order did Elizabeth I give in March 1587 according to Chapter 12?
8. What was the plot uncovered in 1594 and who did it involve?
9. Who often performed for the Queen?
10. In what conspiracies was the Duke of Norfolk involved in?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)