|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joined the Spanish expedition that angered Elizabeth?
(a) Duke of Sidonia.
(b) Robert, Earl of Essex.
(c) Lord Howard.
(d) Francis Drake.
2. Who did Elizabeth I want sent to England in order to protect him?
(a) Prince James.
(b) Prince Philip.
(c) Prince Henry.
(d) Prince William.
3. What were Elizabeth I's main London residences?
(a) South Kensington.
(b) Buckingham Palace.
(c) Clarence House.
(d) Whitehall and Hampton Court.
4. When was Philip considering invading England?
5. When did Mary and Bothwell marry?
(a) May 5, 1567.
(b) May 15, 1567.
(c) May 1, 1567.
(d) May 25, 1567.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what port did the British choose to replace the closed Dutch ports?
2. Who was found to be part of the Franco-Scottish plot against Elizabeth I?
3. Who took control of Scotland?
4. Why did Elizabeth I often change residences?
5. Who did Elizabeth I allow to enter Scotland with an army?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Walsingham advise the Queen of?
2. What was required of the ladies in the Queen's service?
3. What was the plot uncovered in 1594 and who did it involve?
4. Who came to the Queen's Court in 1581?
5. Who died at the beginning of Chapter 7?
6. What happened to Elizabeth I in 1570?
7. What did Elizabeth I realize regarding Mary?
8. Who did King Henry of France have problems with?
9. In what conspiracies was the Duke of Norfolk involved in?
10. What did the Duke of Alencon send to Elizabeth I and why?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)