|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Walter Raleigh when he arrived at Elizabeth's court?
(a) Late 20's.
(b) Early 20's.
(d) Late teens.
2. What country wanted Mary restored to the throne of Scotland?
3. What happened to Moray at the start of Chapter 8?
(a) He was taken prisoner.
(b) He was excommunicated.
(c) He was assassinated.
(d) He was banished.
4. What did the massacre in Antwerp do for the Dutch people?
(a) United them against England.
(b) United them against Spain.
(c) United them against the Roman Church.
(d) United them against France.
5. Who took control of Scotland?
(a) Mary's supporters.
(b) Moray's supporters.
(c) No one.
(d) James' supporters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Elizabeth I send Mary to after the Scottish announcement that they had proof of Mary's involvement in the murder plot?
2. Which author often performed for the Queen?
3. Who did Elizabeth I fear would take power in France and strengthen Spain?
4. Where did Philip accept Protestantism?
5. Who succeeded Charles IX?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was held in 1588 and what was the outcome?
2. In what conspiracies was the Duke of Norfolk involved in?
3. Why did some question Elizabeth I's age?
4. How many houses and castles did Elizabeth I have?
5. How many Catholics were executed under Elizabeth I's reign?
6. What did Walsingham advise the Queen of?
7. Who often performed for the Queen?
8. What did Elizabeth Iwant for Prince James?
9. What order did Elizabeth I give in March 1587 according to Chapter 12?
10. What was Philip's condition regarding negotiations?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)