|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was found to be part of the Franco-Scottish plot against Elizabeth I?
(a) The Duke of York.
(b) The Queen's physician.
(d) The King of Spain.
2. When did Mary and Bothwell marry?
(a) May 5, 1567.
(b) May 15, 1567.
(c) May 1, 1567.
(d) May 25, 1567.
3. Who founded a seminary in 1568?
(a) Charles I.
(b) David Calhoun.
(c) William Allen.
(d) George Calvert.
4. What did the British government think Catholicism would do given enough time, according to Chapter 11?
(a) Expand throughout England.
(b) Move south.
(c) Die out.
(d) Experience a resurgence.
5. Who was executed on February 8, 1587?
(a) Mary of Scots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Parliament expand in 1570?
2. With what port did the British choose to replace the closed Dutch ports?
3. Who did the Duke of Norfolk attempt to unseat?
4. What did Elizabeth I accept to do for Charles IX?
5. What did Alencon become in 1580?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)