|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Robert, Earl of Essex do to Elizabeth I, according to Chapter 13?
(a) He consoled her.
(b) He wooed her.
(c) He bribed her.
(d) He rejected her.
2. When did Elizabeth I give Francis Drake permission to attack Spanish ships?
3. Why did Elizabeth I often change residences?
(a) Because of the threat of rebellions.
(b) Because of boredom.
(c) Because of the stench of the court.
(d) Because of the demand on the food supply.
4. Who did Elizabeth I send to Scotland after Mary's capture?
(b) The Duke of Norfolk.
(c) The Earl of Essex.
(d) Sir Nicholas Throckmorton.
5. Where did the British navy and the Spanish Armada fight after the failure of the peace treaty?
(a) Straits of Dover.
(b) North Sea.
(c) The Atlantic.
(d) The English Channel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Philip accept Protestantism?
2. Who did Elizabeth I want sent to England in order to protect him?
3. What honor did Elizabeth sparingly hand out according to Chapter 10?
4. Who was named Regent of the Kingdom of Scotland?
5. Who did Elizabeth I send to Austria to negotiate with Archduke Charles?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)