|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Elizabeth I want sent to England in order to protect him?
(a) Prince William.
(b) Prince Henry.
(c) Prince Philip.
(d) Prince James.
2. When did Leicester die?
(a) September 14, 1588.
(b) September 4,1589.
(c) September 14, 1589.
(d) September 4, 1588.
3. Where did Philip accept Protestantism?
4. Who succeeded Archbishop Parker?
(a) Archbishop Hubert.
(b) Archbishop Cranmer.
(c) Bishop Barlow.
(d) Edmond Grindal.
5. Who did Elizabeth I open talks with France to marry?
(a) The Duke of Paris.
(b) The Duke of Normandy.
(c) The Duke of Anjou.
(d) The Duke of Beaufort.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what port did the British choose to replace the closed Dutch ports?
2. When was Norfolk arrested?
3. How did Darnley die?
4. Who did Leicester marry in 1578?
5. What Rome envoy was captured and killed with other priests?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was assassinated in Scotland according to Chapter 8?
2. How many Catholics were executed under Elizabeth I's reign?
3. Who was executed on June 2, 1572 and why?
4. What was Philip's condition regarding negotiations?
5. What was the plot uncovered in 1594 and who did it involve?
6. What did Elizabeth Iwant for Prince James?
7. What did the Duke of Alencon send to Elizabeth I and why?
8. In what conspiracies was the Duke of Norfolk involved in?
9. How old was Robert, Earl of Essex, when he first appeared at the Queen's Court according to Chapter 13?
10. Who often performed for the Queen?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)