|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Elizabeth I allow to enter Scotland with an army?
2. When was Norfolk arrested?
(a) August 1571.
(b) October 1571.
(c) September 1571.
(d) November 1751.
3. What did France experience in September 1585?
(a) Industrial Revolution.
(b) Civil War.
4. How old was Prince James when he was crowned?
(a) 3 months old.
(b) 10 months old.
(c) 23 months old.
(d) 13 months old.
5. Who was named Regent of the Kingdom of Scotland?
(a) The Earl of Eglington.
(b) The Earl of Moray.
(c) The Earl of Huntingdore.
(d) The Earl of Strathmore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was involved in the plot against Elizabeth I in 1594?
2. Who did Elizabeth I open talks with France to marry?
3. Which author often performed for the Queen?
4. What Rome envoy was captured and killed with other priests?
5. Who did Philip want to inherit England's throne?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did King Henry of France have problems with?
2. What did the English government assume about Catholicism according to Chapter 11?
3. What did Elizabeth I realize regarding Mary?
4. Who died on September 4, 1588?
5. What was required of the ladies in the Queen's service?
6. In what conspiracies was the Duke of Norfolk involved in?
7. What did the Duke of Alencon send to Elizabeth I and why?
8. What was the Queen planning in 1588?
9. How old was Robert, Earl of Essex, when he first appeared at the Queen's Court according to Chapter 13?
10. What resulted in a breach between England and France according to Chapter 9?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)