|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was found to be part of the Franco-Scottish plot against Elizabeth I?
(a) The Queen's physician.
(b) The Duke of York.
(c) The King of Spain.
2. Who did Elizabeth I want sent to England in order to protect him?
(a) Prince Henry.
(b) Prince James.
(c) Prince Philip.
(d) Prince William.
3. What did Elizabeth I accept to do for Charles IX?
(a) Be his witness.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Be his daughter's godmother.
(d) Be his son's godmother.
4. Where did the British fleet land during their bid to invade Spain?
5. Who ordered the massacre of Protestants in France in 1572?
(a) Catherine de Medici.
(b) Marie D'Albert.
(c) Marie Francoise.
(d) The Pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Charles IX die?
2. Why did Archduke Charles refuse to marry Elizabeth?
3. Who joined the Spanish expedition that angered Elizabeth?
4. When was Elizabeth I excommunicated?
5. Who did Philip want to inherit England's throne?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Edmond Grindal and why did he clash with Elizabeth?
2. What was the plot uncovered in 1594 and who did it involve?
3. Who died at the beginning of Chapter 7?
4. What was the Queen planning in 1588?
5. Who often performed for the Queen?
6. What happened to Elizabeth I in 1570?
7. Who came to the Queen's Court in 1581?
8. What was required of the ladies in the Queen's service?
9. Why did some question Elizabeth I's age?
10. What was Philip's condition regarding negotiations?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)