|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when the British reached Lisbon that made them return to Britain?
(a) The population didn't support them.
(b) They could not find food.
(c) They found the Spanish army to be twice as large as theirs.
(d) They lost their money ship.
2. When was Elizabeth I excommunicated?
3. Who succeeded Charles IX?
(a) Henry III.
(b) Henry IV.
(c) Henry II.
(d) Henry I.
4. Who did Elizabeth I consider a threat for the unity of the Church?
(a) The poor.
(c) The Puritans.
(d) The Jews.
5. What did the massacre in Antwerp do for the Dutch people?
(a) United them against France.
(b) United them against England.
(c) United them against the Roman Church.
(d) United them against Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many houses did Elizabeth have?
2. Who did Elizabeth I send Mary to after the Scottish announcement that they had proof of Mary's involvement in the murder plot?
3. Who was James taken prisoner by?
4. When was Norfolk executed?
5. When did Darnley die according to Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Philip's condition regarding negotiations?
2. How many Catholics were executed under Elizabeth I's reign?
3. What did James want when he reached his majority?
4. What resulted in a breach between England and France according to Chapter 9?
5. What was held in 1588 and what was the outcome?
6. What did Walsingham advise the Queen of?
7. In what conspiracies was the Duke of Norfolk involved in?
8. What order did Elizabeth I give in March 1587 according to Chapter 12?
9. What did Elizabeth I realize regarding Mary?
10. How old was Robert, Earl of Essex, when he first appeared at the Queen's Court according to Chapter 13?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)