|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Elizabeth I visit various people in the Midland region?
(a) Autumn of 1572.
(b) Summer of 1572.
(c) Winter of 1572.
(d) Spring of 1572.
2. When did Pope Gregory want Philip to include England in invasion plans, according to Chapter 12?
3. What massacre did Elizabeth l learn about in 1572?
(a) Valentine's Day Massacre.
(b) St. Brice's Day Massacre.
(c) St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre.
(d) Rose Massacre.
4. Who founded a seminary in 1568?
(a) David Calhoun.
(b) George Calvert.
(c) Charles I.
(d) William Allen.
5. Who did Elizabeth I finance the mercenaries of?
(a) John Herman.
(b) Mark Starvians.
(c) German John Casmir.
(d) Philip Drake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Philip authorize to negotiate with the British if Spain could NOT win a land battle?
2. Who did the Duke of Norfolk attempt to unseat?
3. When did Archbishop Parker die?
4. Who was involved in the plot against Elizabeth I in 1594?
5. Which author often performed for the Queen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was held in 1588 and what was the outcome?
2. What did the English government assume about Catholicism according to Chapter 11?
3. What did Elizabeth I realize regarding Mary?
4. Who died at the beginning of Chapter 7?
5. How many Catholics were executed under Elizabeth I's reign?
6. What happened to Elizabeth I in 1570?
7. In what conspiracies was the Duke of Norfolk involved in?
8. Why did some question Elizabeth I's age?
9. What resulted in a breach between England and France according to Chapter 9?
10. Who came to the Queen's Court in 1581?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)