|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bill did Elizabeth I refuse to sign?
(a) A bill preventing James from being King of England.
(b) A bill preventing Mary from entering the country.
(c) A bill preventing Mary from ever being Queen of England.
(d) A bill to marry by the next year or be dethroned.
2. When was Elizabeth I excommunicated?
3. What did the government fear Catholics would do in case of an invasion of England?
(a) Side with the Pope against the Queen.
(b) Kill Elizabeth I.
(c) Side with Mary.
(d) Kill all of the Protestants.
4. What did Alencon become in 1580?
(a) Prince of Scotland.
(b) Prince of the Netherlands.
(c) Prince of France.
(d) Prince of Spain.
5. What happened when the British reached Lisbon that made them return to Britain?
(a) They could not find food.
(b) They lost their money ship.
(c) They found the Spanish army to be twice as large as theirs.
(d) The population didn't support them.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Elizabeth I visit various people in the Midland region?
2. What honor did Elizabeth sparingly hand out according to Chapter 10?
3. What massacre did Elizabeth l learn about in 1572?
4. Who did Leicester marry in 1578?
5. What country wanted Mary restored to the throne of Scotland?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who died at the beginning of Chapter 7?
2. What was the Queen planning in 1588?
3. What did Elizabeth Iwant for Prince James?
4. Who often performed for the Queen?
5. What was required of the ladies in the Queen's service?
6. Who was Edmond Grindal and why did he clash with Elizabeth?
7. What did Elizabeth I realize regarding Mary?
8. What order did Elizabeth I give in March 1587 according to Chapter 12?
9. What resulted in a breach between England and France according to Chapter 9?
10. What did the English government assume about Catholicism according to Chapter 11?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)