|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Elizabeth I open talks with France to marry?
(a) The Duke of Paris.
(b) The Duke of Normandy.
(c) The Duke of Anjou.
(d) The Duke of Beaufort.
2. Where did the British fleet land during their bid to invade Spain?
3. When did Charles IX die?
(a) March 1574.
(b) May 1574.
(c) April 1574.
(d) June 1574.
4. Who wanted to depose Elizabeth I?
(a) Howard and Ava.
(b) Philip and Alva.
(c) James and Alva.
(d) Henry and Ava.
5. What was the Queen's largest palace?
(c) Savoy Palace.
(d) Royal Pavilion.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Pope Gregory want Philip to include England in invasion plans, according to Chapter 12?
2. When did Elizabeth I visit various people in the Midland region?
3. Who did the Duke of Norfolk attempt to unseat?
4. What did Robert, Earl of Essex do to Elizabeth I, according to Chapter 13?
5. When was Norfolk arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was held in 1588 and what was the outcome?
2. What did Elizabeth Iwant for Prince James?
3. What did the Duke of Alencon send to Elizabeth I and why?
4. How old was Robert, Earl of Essex, when he first appeared at the Queen's Court according to Chapter 13?
5. How many Catholics were executed under Elizabeth I's reign?
6. What did Walsingham advise the Queen of?
7. What was the plot uncovered in 1594 and who did it involve?
8. Who did King Henry of France have problems with?
9. What did James want when he reached his majority?
10. In what conspiracies was the Duke of Norfolk involved in?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)