|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Rome envoy was captured and killed with other priests?
2. Who did Elizabeth I consider a threat for the unity of the Church?
(a) The poor.
(c) The Jews.
(d) The Puritans.
3. What did Robert, Earl of Essex do to Elizabeth I, according to Chapter 13?
(a) He rejected her.
(b) He wooed her.
(c) He bribed her.
(d) He consoled her.
4. Who did Elizabeth I want sent to England in order to protect him?
(a) Prince Philip.
(b) Prince Henry.
(c) Prince James.
(d) Prince William.
5. Who succeeded Charles IX?
(a) Henry I.
(b) Henry III.
(c) Henry IV.
(d) Henry II.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Walter Raleigh when he arrived at Elizabeth's court?
2. Who wanted his daughter to be Queen of France?
3. Who did Elizabeth I finance the mercenaries of?
4. What massacre did Elizabeth l learn about in 1572?
5. When did Robert, Earl of Essex first appear at the court?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Edmond Grindal and why did he clash with Elizabeth?
2. What did Elizabeth Iwant for Prince James?
3. Who was executed on June 2, 1572 and why?
4. What happened to Elizabeth I in 1570?
5. What did Walsingham advise the Queen of?
6. What did Elizabeth I realize regarding Mary?
7. How did access to Mary tighten?
8. Who died on September 4, 1588?
9. What was required of the ladies in the Queen's service?
10. What was the plot uncovered in 1594 and who did it involve?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)