|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the government fear Catholics would do in case of an invasion of England?
(a) Kill all of the Protestants.
(b) Side with the Pope against the Queen.
(c) Side with Mary.
(d) Kill Elizabeth I.
2. When was Elizabeth I excommunicated?
3. How many houses did Elizabeth have?
4. Who did the Duke of Norfolk attempt to unseat?
(c) The Privy Council.
5. What happened when the British reached Lisbon that made them return to Britain?
(a) They lost their money ship.
(b) They found the Spanish army to be twice as large as theirs.
(c) They could not find food.
(d) The population didn't support them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What honor did Elizabeth sparingly hand out according to Chapter 10?
2. How did Darnley die?
3. When did Archbishop Parker die?
4. How many castles did Elizabeth I have?
5. When did Pope Gregory want Philip to include England in invasion plans, according to Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Duke of Alencon send to Elizabeth I and why?
2. What did Walsingham advise the Queen of?
3. What was Philip's condition regarding negotiations?
4. What was the plot uncovered in 1594 and who did it involve?
5. Who came to the Queen's Court in 1581?
6. How did access to Mary tighten?
7. How many Catholics were executed under Elizabeth I's reign?
8. Who was assassinated in Scotland according to Chapter 8?
9. What did Elizabeth I realize regarding Mary?
10. What was the Queen planning in 1588?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)