|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when the British reached Lisbon that made them return to Britain?
(a) They could not find food.
(b) They found the Spanish army to be twice as large as theirs.
(c) The population didn't support them.
(d) They lost their money ship.
2. Who took control of Scotland?
(a) No one.
(b) James' supporters.
(c) Moray's supporters.
(d) Mary's supporters.
3. Who ordered the massacre of Protestants in France in 1572?
(a) Marie Francoise.
(b) The Pope.
(c) Marie D'Albert.
(d) Catherine de Medici.
4. What did France experience in September 1585?
(a) Industrial Revolution.
(c) Civil War.
5. What happened to James after his capture?
(a) He hid.
(b) He killed all of his captors.
(c) He blackmailed his captor.
(d) He escaped.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Elizabeth I want sent to England in order to protect him?
2. Who was named Regent of the Kingdom of Scotland?
3. When was Norfolk executed?
4. What bill did Elizabeth I refuse to sign?
5. When did Elizabeth I visit various people in the Midland region?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Philip's condition regarding negotiations?
2. Who was assassinated in Scotland according to Chapter 8?
3. What did James want when he reached his majority?
4. Who was executed on June 2, 1572 and why?
5. Who did King Henry of France have problems with?
6. What was required of the ladies in the Queen's service?
7. What was the plot uncovered in 1594 and who did it involve?
8. What resulted in a breach between England and France according to Chapter 9?
9. What happened to Elizabeth I in 1570?
10. What did the English government assume about Catholicism according to Chapter 11?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)