|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Elizabeth plan an expedition against Spain?
2. Who did Philip authorize to negotiate with the British if Spain could NOT win a land battle?
(a) Regent of Parma.
(b) Baron of Parma.
(c) Lord of Parma.
(d) The Duke of Parma.
3. Why did Elizabeth I often change residences?
(a) Because of the stench of the court.
(b) Because of the threat of rebellions.
(c) Because of boredom.
(d) Because of the demand on the food supply.
4. Who did Elizabeth I send to Scotland after Mary's capture?
(b) Sir Nicholas Throckmorton.
(c) The Earl of Essex.
(d) The Duke of Norfolk.
5. Why did Archduke Charles refuse to marry Elizabeth?
(a) He refused to move.
(b) He did not like her.
(c) He did not want to convert.
(d) He did not want to be married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when the British reached Lisbon that made them return to Britain?
2. When was Philip considering invading England?
3. Who did Philip want to inherit England's throne?
4. When did Elizabeth exchange gifts with her leading subjects?
5. Where did the British navy and the Spanish Armada fight after the failure of the peace treaty?
Short Essay Questions
1. How old was Robert, Earl of Essex, when he first appeared at the Queen's Court according to Chapter 13?
2. Who was assassinated in Scotland according to Chapter 8?
3. How did access to Mary tighten?
4. Who came to the Queen's Court in 1581?
5. What did Elizabeth Iwant for Prince James?
6. What did the English government assume about Catholicism according to Chapter 11?
7. What was required of the ladies in the Queen's service?
8. How many Catholics were executed under Elizabeth I's reign?
9. What did Elizabeth I realize regarding Mary?
10. What was the plot uncovered in 1594 and who did it involve?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)