|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country wanted Mary restored to the throne of Scotland?
2. When was Norfolk executed?
(a) June 22, 1572.
(b) June 2, 1572.
(c) June 30, 1572.
(d) June 12, 1572.
3. Who was named Regent of the Kingdom of Scotland?
(a) The Earl of Moray.
(b) The Earl of Huntingdore.
(c) The Earl of Eglington.
(d) The Earl of Strathmore.
4. Why did Elizabeth I often change residences?
(a) Because of the stench of the court.
(b) Because of the threat of rebellions.
(c) Because of the demand on the food supply.
(d) Because of boredom.
5. What massacre did Elizabeth l learn about in 1572?
(a) St. Brice's Day Massacre.
(b) Rose Massacre.
(c) St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre.
(d) Valentine's Day Massacre.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many castles did Elizabeth I have?
2. Who did Philip want to inherit England's throne?
3. Who succeeded Philip II when he died in September of 1598?
4. Who did Elizabeth I allow to enter Scotland with an army?
5. Who was involved in the plot against Elizabeth I in 1594?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who died on September 4, 1588?
2. What happened to Elizabeth I in 1570?
3. How did access to Mary tighten?
4. What resulted in a breach between England and France according to Chapter 9?
5. What was Philip's condition regarding negotiations?
6. What was held in 1588 and what was the outcome?
7. What did James want when he reached his majority?
8. Who often performed for the Queen?
9. Who was assassinated in Scotland according to Chapter 8?
10. Who was executed on June 2, 1572 and why?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)