|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Elizabeth plan an expedition against Spain?
2. Who was James taken prisoner by?
(a) The Earl of Sussex.
(b) The French.
(c) The Lords Enterprise.
(d) Lord Essex.
3. Who did Elizabeth I send to Austria to negotiate with Archduke Charles?
(a) The Earl of Hastings.
(b) The Earl of Shrewsbury.
(c) The Earl of Essex.
(d) The Earl of Derby.
4. How many Catholics were executed during Elizabeth I's reign?
5. How old was Prince James when he was crowned?
(a) 10 months old.
(b) 13 months old.
(c) 3 months old.
(d) 23 months old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Parliament expand in 1570?
2. When was Norfolk executed?
3. What honor did Elizabeth sparingly hand out according to Chapter 10?
4. How many houses did Elizabeth have?
5. Who did Elizabeth I send to Scotland after Mary's capture?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Elizabeth I realize regarding Mary?
2. Who died on September 4, 1588?
3. Who was assassinated in Scotland according to Chapter 8?
4. What did the Duke of Alencon send to Elizabeth I and why?
5. In what conspiracies was the Duke of Norfolk involved in?
6. What resulted in a breach between England and France according to Chapter 9?
7. How old was Robert, Earl of Essex, when he first appeared at the Queen's Court according to Chapter 13?
8. How many houses and castles did Elizabeth I have?
9. What was the Queen planning in 1588?
10. Who often performed for the Queen?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)