|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joined the Spanish expedition that angered Elizabeth?
(a) Robert, Earl of Essex.
(b) Duke of Sidonia.
(c) Francis Drake.
(d) Lord Howard.
2. Who gave hope to the Catholics during the reign of Elizabeth I?
(a) Mary Queen of Scots.
(c) The Archbishop of Westminster.
3. What did Alencon become in 1580?
(a) Prince of the Netherlands.
(b) Prince of France.
(c) Prince of Scotland.
(d) Prince of Spain.
4. What did Elizabeth I accept to do for Charles IX?
(a) Be his son's godmother.
(b) Be his daughter's godmother.
(c) Be his witness.
(d) Marry him.
5. Where did Essex meet King Henry?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Elizabeth exchange gifts with her leading subjects?
2. Who wanted to depose Elizabeth I?
3. When was Elizabeth I excommunicated?
4. Why did Archduke Charles refuse to marry Elizabeth?
5. Who did Elizabeth I consider a threat for the unity of the Church?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the plot uncovered in 1594 and who did it involve?
2. What resulted in a breach between England and France according to Chapter 9?
3. What did the English government assume about Catholicism according to Chapter 11?
4. How many houses and castles did Elizabeth I have?
5. What was held in 1588 and what was the outcome?
6. Who often performed for the Queen?
7. Why did some question Elizabeth I's age?
8. Who died on September 4, 1588?
9. What did the Duke of Alencon send to Elizabeth I and why?
10. How old was Robert, Earl of Essex, when he first appeared at the Queen's Court according to Chapter 13?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)