|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the Duke of Norfolk attempt to unseat?
(a) The Privy Council.
2. What were Elizabeth I's main London residences?
(a) Clarence House.
(b) South Kensington.
(c) Buckingham Palace.
(d) Whitehall and Hampton Court.
3. When did Elizabeth plan an expedition against Spain?
4. Who gave hope to the Catholics during the reign of Elizabeth I?
(a) The Archbishop of Westminster.
(c) Mary Queen of Scots.
5. Who did Elizabeth I send to Austria to negotiate with Archduke Charles?
(a) The Earl of Derby.
(b) The Earl of Shrewsbury.
(c) The Earl of Hastings.
(d) The Earl of Essex.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refused the terms of Mary's restoration to the Throne?
2. Which author often performed for the Queen?
3. What event prompted the British to send troops to the Netherlands?
4. What happened when the British reached Lisbon that made them return to Britain?
5. Who succeeded Philip II when he died in September of 1598?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Duke of Alencon send to Elizabeth I and why?
2. Who died at the beginning of Chapter 7?
3. Who was assassinated in Scotland according to Chapter 8?
4. Who often performed for the Queen?
5. What was required of the ladies in the Queen's service?
6. Why did some question Elizabeth I's age?
7. How many houses and castles did Elizabeth I have?
8. What order did Elizabeth I give in March 1587 according to Chapter 12?
9. What did Walsingham advise the Queen of?
10. What did Elizabeth Iwant for Prince James?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)