|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Queen's largest palace?
(c) Royal Pavilion.
(d) Savoy Palace.
2. When did Robert, Earl of Essex first appear at the court?
(a) When he was 18.
(b) When he was 17.
(c) When he was 19.
(d) When he was 16.
3. How many castles did Elizabeth I have?
4. How old was Robert, Earl of Essex in 1587?
(a) 22 years old.
(b) 28 years old.
(c) 24 years old.
(d) 20 years old.
5. Who wanted to depose Elizabeth I?
(a) Henry and Ava.
(b) Philip and Alva.
(c) James and Alva.
(d) Howard and Ava.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Elizabeth I visit various people in the Midland region?
2. How many houses did Elizabeth have?
3. Who founded a seminary in 1568?
4. Where did the British fleet land during their bid to invade Spain?
5. When did Leicester die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who came to the Queen's Court in 1581?
2. What was held in 1588 and what was the outcome?
3. How old was Robert, Earl of Essex, when he first appeared at the Queen's Court according to Chapter 13?
4. In what conspiracies was the Duke of Norfolk involved in?
5. What did Walsingham advise the Queen of?
6. How many houses and castles did Elizabeth I have?
7. What was the plot uncovered in 1594 and who did it involve?
8. Who died at the beginning of Chapter 7?
9. What resulted in a breach between England and France according to Chapter 9?
10. What did the English government assume about Catholicism according to Chapter 11?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)