|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Rome envoy was captured and killed with other priests?
2. Who did Elizabeth I hope to negotiate peace with?
(b) No one.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The Duke of Parma and Philip.
3. When did Elizabeth exchange gifts with her leading subjects?
(a) Boxing Day.
(b) New Year's Day.
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) Christmas Day.
4. When did Robert, Earl of Essex first appear at the court?
(a) When he was 18.
(b) When he was 16.
(c) When he was 19.
(d) When he was 17.
5. What did the British government think Catholicism would do given enough time, according to Chapter 11?
(a) Die out.
(b) Move south.
(c) Experience a resurgence.
(d) Expand throughout England.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many positions did the Queen control?
2. Who did Philip authorize to negotiate with the British if Spain could NOT win a land battle?
3. Why did Elizabeth I often change residences?
4. Who took control of Scotland?
5. Who wanted to depose Elizabeth I?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)