|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which author often performed for the Queen?
2. What did Alencon become in 1580?
(a) Prince of the Netherlands.
(b) Prince of France.
(c) Prince of Spain.
(d) Prince of Scotland.
3. What did the massacre in Antwerp do for the Dutch people?
(a) United them against the Roman Church.
(b) United them against Spain.
(c) United them against England.
(d) United them against France.
4. Who did the Duke of Norfolk attempt to unseat?
(d) The Privy Council.
5. When did England and Spain hold peace talks?
Short Answer Questions
1. What Rome envoy was captured and killed with other priests?
2. How old was Prince James when he was crowned?
3. When was Norfolk arrested?
4. What happened when the British reached Lisbon that made them return to Britain?
5. Who did Elizabeth I open talks with France to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Walsingham advise the Queen of?
2. Who was executed on June 2, 1572 and why?
3. What was the Queen planning in 1588?
4. What was required of the ladies in the Queen's service?
5. How many houses and castles did Elizabeth I have?
6. In what conspiracies was the Duke of Norfolk involved in?
7. How many Catholics were executed under Elizabeth I's reign?
8. What order did Elizabeth I give in March 1587 according to Chapter 12?
9. Who died on September 4, 1588?
10. What happened to Elizabeth I in 1570?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)