|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who thought that Darnley marrying Mary would strengthen Mary's claim to the throne?
(b) The Privy Council.
(c) Elizabeth I.
2. Who was Rome's envoy to England?
3. Who declared Henry VIII's marriage to Catherine invalid?
(a) The Archbishop of Canterbury.
(b) The Pope.
(c) The Archbishop of London.
(d) The Bishop of Westminster.
4. Who continued his pursuit of Elizabeth I as she was looking for a husband?
(b) Earl of Sussex.
(c) Duke of Norfolk.
(d) Lord Essex.
5. When did Darnley marry Mary?
(a) July 9, 1565.
(b) July 2, 1565.
(c) July 19, 1565.
(d) July 29, 1565.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Elizabeth I decide her husband had to be, according to Chapter 4?
2. What happened in Newhaven in 1563?
3. Who did Elizabeth I reject as a husband because he was too young?
4. Who did Elizabeth study with?
5. Who hosted lavish parties in order to impress the Queen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Privy Council advise Elizabeth I of regarding Darnley?
2. What did a potential husband need to have according to Chapter 4 and why did it present a problem?
3. How did new laws change the monarch's relationship with the Church?
4. Who was Kat Ashley and who did she promote a match between?
5. What direction did Elizabeth I give to the Privy Council?
6. Whose wishes did Pope Clement VII follow?
7. Whose wife was found dead according to Chapter 5 and how did this affect Elizabeth?
8. What was the main topic when Parliament convened in 1563?
9. Why was Elizabeth put under house arrest?
10. What did Elizabeth want to ensure about Protestants?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)