|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who declared Henry VIII's marriage to Catherine invalid?
(a) The Bishop of Westminster.
(b) The Archbishop of Canterbury.
(c) The Archbishop of London.
(d) The Pope.
2. What did Elizabeth I say she would refuse to give her husband?
(a) A house.
(b) The right to have mistresses.
(d) Any of her power.
3. Who did Elizabeth I reject as a husband because he was too young?
(a) The King of France.
(b) The King of Portugal.
(c) The King of Spain.
(d) She did not reject a husband because of his age.
4. Who had himself appointed Lord Protector and Governor?
(a) Edward, Earl of Sussex.
(b) The Duke of Norfolk.
(c) Edward, Earl of Hertford.
(d) James, Lord Essex.
5. What did the Act of Restraint of Appeals prohibit?
(a) Women from appealing divorce.
(b) The king from divorcing.
(c) Appeals to Rome for divorces.
(d) Men from executing their wives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Rome's envoy to England?
2. When was Mary proclaimed Queen of England?
3. Who was supposed to rule England during Edward's minority according to Chapter 2?
4. What terms were in the treaty between France and England over Scotland?
5. Who was France's regent in 1562?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose wishes did Pope Clement VII follow?
2. What did the Lord Protector have the Council investigate?
3. What direction did Elizabeth I give to the Privy Council?
4. What did Elizabeth I say of when she would marry?
5. What did Somerset hypothesize about Elizabeth?
6. What did Mary, Queen of Scots, refuse to accept ?
7. What did Henry VIII request from Pope Clement VII in Chapter 1?
8. What would have been the only thing Elizabeth might gain from a husband?
9. Why was Elizabeth put under house arrest?
10. How would Mary, Queen of Scots have ascended to the throne?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)