|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Cecil think was the only solution to squash Mary's claim to the throne?
(a) To grant her a divorce.
(b) To execute her.
(c) To name her illegitimate.
(d) To marry.
2. In what did Elizabeth I retain her independence from the Privy Council?
(a) Running Parliament.
(b) Finding a spouse.
(c) Policy making.
(d) Vetoing decisions.
3. What treaty did Cecil negotiate that displeased Elizabeth I according to Chapter 5?
(a) The Treaty of Madrid.
(b) The Treaty of Edinburgh.
(c) The Treaty of Blois.
(d) The Treaty of Rouen.
4. When was Mary proclaimed Queen of England?
(a) July 19, 1553.
(b) July 19, 1554.
(c) August 19, 1553.
(d) July 9, 1553.
5. When was James born?
(a) June 1566.
(b) July 1566.
(c) August 1566.
(d) May 1566.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Baron Seymour of Sudeley marry?
2. Who was supposed to rule England during Edward's minority according to Chapter 2?
3. Who pressured Elizabeth I to marry and name a successor?
4. Who did Elizabeth Iselect as Archbishop of Canterbury?
5. Who ousted the Lord Protector?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Henry marry in January 1533?
2. What was the Act of Restrain of Appeals which Parliament passed?
3. What was the main topic when Parliament convened in 1563?
4. Why was Mary, Queen of Scots, interested in remarrying according to Chapter 6?
5. Why was Elizabeth put under house arrest?
6. What did Somerset hypothesize about Elizabeth?
7. Who was supposed to rule during Edwards' minority according to Chapter 2?
8. How did new laws change the monarch's relationship with the Church?
9. Why was Mary nicknamed "Bloody Mary"?
10. What did the Privy Council advise Elizabeth I of regarding Darnley?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)