|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Cecil and Elizabeth I do to fight the financial crisis?
(a) Lowered the value of the British coins.
(b) Lowered the value of other country's coins in England.
(c) Made the value of British coins higher.
(d) Made a coin with the Queen's stamp.
2. Where was Elizabeth I formally crowned Queen?
(a) Westminster Abbey.
(b) Tower of London.
(c) Richmond Wallace.
(d) Whitehall Palace.
3. When was Elizabeth I formally crowned Queen?
(a) January 10, 1559.
(b) January 5, 1559.
(c) January 15, 1559.
(d) January 25, 1559.
4. What did Elizabeth contract in 1562?
(a) German measles.
(b) Small pox.
5. Where did Mary Queen of Scots live since the death of her husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would have been the only positive thing that Elizabeth I would gain by taking a husband?
2. What did Elizabeth I do to force Darnley to return to England?
3. What country was Mary Queen of Scots also the Queen of?
4. Who did Mary want to marry?
5. What did women in the 16th century have little of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose wife was found dead according to Chapter 5 and how did this affect Elizabeth?
2. Why was Mary, Queen of Scots, interested in remarrying according to Chapter 6?
3. What would have been the only thing Elizabeth might gain from a husband?
4. Whose wishes did Pope Clement VII follow?
5. What was the main topic when Parliament convened in 1563?
6. What happened in June 1566 and what did Elizabeth I send word of?
7. Who did Henry marry in January 1533?
8. What happened under the terms of peace negotiated between the French and the English?
9. What did Edward contract in 1553 and what plan did he devise?
10. Why was Mary nicknamed "Bloody Mary"?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)