|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Elizabeth I refuse to marry?
(a) The Prince of Orange.
(b) The King of France.
(c) King Philip of Spain.
(d) The King of Aragon.
2. When was the rebellion against Mary planned?
(a) February 1554.
(b) March 1554.
(c) June 1554.
(d) April 1554.
3. What did women in the 16th century have little of?
4. What terms were in the treaty between France and England over Scotland?
(a) Mary would renounce the Scottish throne.
(b) Mary would not claim the English throne.
(c) Mary would marry Lord Dudley.
(d) Mary would leave England.
5. In what did Elizabeth I retain her independence from the Privy Council?
(a) Vetoing decisions.
(b) Running Parliament.
(c) Finding a spouse.
(d) Policy making.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Elizabeth I first stay with after arriving in London?
2. What did Parliament do after meeting in 1553?
3. What did Elizabeth I decide her husband had to be, according to Chapter 4?
4. Who did Henry VIII marry in January 1533?
5. When was Elizabeth proclaimed Queen according to Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened on November 17, 1558 according to Chapter 4?
2. Why was Mary nicknamed "Bloody Mary"?
3. What was the main topic when Parliament convened in 1563?
4. What did the Privy Council advise Elizabeth I of regarding Darnley?
5. What did Elizabeth want to ensure about Protestants?
6. What did Henry VIII request from Pope Clement VII in Chapter 1?
7. What did a potential husband need to have according to Chapter 4 and why did it present a problem?
8. Why was Elizabeth put under house arrest?
9. Who was supposed to rule during Edwards' minority according to Chapter 2?
10. What was the Act of Restrain of Appeals which Parliament passed?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)