|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What terms were in the treaty between France and England over Scotland?
(a) Mary would marry Lord Dudley.
(b) Mary would not claim the English throne.
(c) Mary would renounce the Scottish throne.
(d) Mary would leave England.
2. Who was Elizabeth's governess?
(a) Ashley Tudor.
(b) Mary Ashley.
(c) Ashley Martin.
(d) Kat Ashley.
3. What was Cecil pressuring Elizabeth I to do?
(a) Become pregnant without a husband.
(b) Marry and produce an heir.
(c) Name Mary as successor.
(d) Name a successor.
4. What started after the Papal absolution of England's repudiation of Rome?
(a) The Holy War.
(b) The Nine Years War.
(c) The Inquisition.
(d) The excommunication of all followers of the Queen.
5. When did Baron Seymour of Sudeley marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Elizabeth I reject as a husband because he was too young?
2. When did Darnley marry Mary?
3. Who ousted the Lord Protector?
4. Who plotted against Mary's wedding plans?
5. What was the Privy Council in charge of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Privy Council advise Elizabeth I of regarding Darnley?
2. What did Somerset hypothesize about Elizabeth?
3. What did Elizabeth want to ensure about Protestants?
4. What happened on November 17, 1558 according to Chapter 4?
5. What was the main topic when Parliament convened in 1563?
6. What was the Act of Restrain of Appeals which Parliament passed?
7. Who was supposed to rule during Edwards' minority according to Chapter 2?
8. Who was Kat Ashley and who did she promote a match between?
9. What did the Lord Protector have the Council investigate?
10. Whose wife was found dead according to Chapter 5 and how did this affect Elizabeth?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)