|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Baron Seymour of Sudeley marry?
(a) Anne Boleyn.
(d) Katherine Parr.
2. What did Elizabeth I respond to the rumors of her having many lovers?
(a) That it was none of their business.
(b) That she was never alone so it would be impossible.
(c) That she refused to comment on her personal life.
(d) That it was true.
3. Who ousted the Lord Protector?
(a) Duke of Wellington.
(b) John Dudley.
(c) Lord Sussex.
(d) Lord Essex.
4. When did Henry VIII die?
(a) February 28, 1547.
(b) January 1, 1547.
(c) January 28, 1548.
(d) January 28, 1547.
5. Who pressured Elizabeth I to marry and name a successor?
(b) The King of France.
(d) Duke of Essex.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hosted lavish parties in order to impress the Queen?
2. When did Baron Seymour of Sudeley marry?
3. When did Mary die?
4. What capacity was Sir William Cecil appointed to?
5. What did Cecil and Elizabeth I do to fight the financial crisis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Lord Protector have the Council investigate?
2. What did Elizabeth want to ensure about Protestants?
3. What did the Privy Council advise Elizabeth I of regarding Darnley?
4. What happened in June 1566 and what did Elizabeth I send word of?
5. What did Somerset hypothesize about Elizabeth?
6. What did Elizabeth I say of when she would marry?
7. What was the Act of Restrain of Appeals which Parliament passed?
8. What did a potential husband need to have according to Chapter 4 and why did it present a problem?
9. Why was Mary, Queen of Scots, interested in remarrying according to Chapter 6?
10. Who was Kat Ashley and who did she promote a match between?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)