|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Act of Restraint of Appeals prohibit?
(a) Men from executing their wives.
(b) Appeals to Rome for divorces.
(c) The king from divorcing.
(d) Women from appealing divorce.
2. Who did Elizabeth I name to be protector of the kingdom in case she was incapacitated for a long period of time?
(d) Privy Council.
3. When did Darnley marry Mary?
(a) July 19, 1565.
(b) July 29, 1565.
(c) July 9, 1565.
(d) July 2, 1565.
4. Why was the planned rebellion against Mary moved up by two months?
(a) Elizabeth backed out.
(b) Mary changed her plans for that day.
(c) The government started to investigate the plot.
(d) The government did not think it would work.
5. What country was Mary Queen of Scots also the Queen of?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Queen Dowager die?
2. What was Cecil pressuring Elizabeth I to do?
3. What would have been the only positive thing that Elizabeth I would gain by taking a husband?
4. What interested Mary Queen of Scots in Chapter 6?
5. Why did Leicester want Mary to marry Darnley?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would Mary, Queen of Scots have ascended to the throne?
2. What happened to Elizabeth I in 1570?
3. Why was Mary nicknamed "Bloody Mary"?
4. What was the Act of Restrain of Appeals which Parliament passed?
5. What did Henry VIII request from Pope Clement VII in Chapter 1?
6. What happened under the terms of peace negotiated between the French and the English?
7. Why was Elizabeth put under house arrest?
8. What did Edward contract in 1553 and what plan did he devise?
9. What increased in the English court and why?
10. What did James want when he reached his majority?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)