|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pressured Elizabeth I to marry and name a successor?
(a) The King of France.
(c) Duke of Essex.
2. What was the name of the daughter of Catherine of Aragon?
3. Who thought that Darnley marrying Mary would strengthen Mary's claim to the throne?
(a) The Privy Council.
(b) Elizabeth I.
4. What was Mary warned about Elizabeth when she met her?
(a) That she was a danger.
(b) That she would be a rebel.
(c) That she would want to steal her husband.
(d) That she was good for the people.
5. What did the Act of Restraint of Appeals prohibit?
(a) Women from appealing divorce.
(b) The king from divorcing.
(c) Appeals to Rome for divorces.
(d) Men from executing their wives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Elizabeth sent after she lived with Baron Seymour of Sudeley?
2. What happened in Newhaven in 1563?
3. Where was Henry's daughter Elizabeth sent to live?
4. Why was there an interest in Elizabeth I marrying?
5. Where was Elizabeth I formally crowned Queen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did a potential husband need to have according to Chapter 4 and why did it present a problem?
2. Why was Elizabeth put under house arrest?
3. What did Elizabeth adopt in Chapter 3 and why?
4. Whose wishes did Pope Clement VII follow?
5. What happened in June 1566 and what did Elizabeth I send word of?
6. What did Somerset hypothesize about Elizabeth?
7. Who was Kat Ashley and who did she promote a match between?
8. What did Edward contract in 1553 and what plan did he devise?
9. What happened on November 17, 1558 according to Chapter 4?
10. Whose wife was found dead according to Chapter 5 and how did this affect Elizabeth?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)