|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What terms were in the treaty between France and England over Scotland?
(a) Mary would not claim the English throne.
(b) Mary would leave England.
(c) Mary would renounce the Scottish throne.
(d) Mary would marry Lord Dudley.
2. What was the name of the daughter of Catherine of Aragon?
3. Who had himself appointed Lord Protector and Governor?
(a) The Duke of Norfolk.
(b) Edward, Earl of Hertford.
(c) James, Lord Essex.
(d) Edward, Earl of Sussex.
4. What did Elizabeth I respond to the rumors of her having many lovers?
(a) That she was never alone so it would be impossible.
(b) That she refused to comment on her personal life.
(c) That it was none of their business.
(d) That it was true.
5. Who did Baron Seymour of Sudeley marry?
(a) Katherine Parr.
(d) Anne Boleyn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would happen if Elizabeth I was to marry Dudley?
2. What did Elizabeth do to appease Mary?
3. Where was Elizabeth I formally crowned Queen?
4. Why was the planned rebellion against Mary moved up by two months?
5. What did Parliament do after meeting in 1553?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Privy Council advise Elizabeth I of regarding Darnley?
2. How would Mary, Queen of Scots have ascended to the throne?
3. What happened in June 1566 and what did Elizabeth I send word of?
4. What did Somerset hypothesize about Elizabeth?
5. How did new laws change the monarch's relationship with the Church?
6. What did Henry VIII request from Pope Clement VII in Chapter 1?
7. What did the Privy Council do for the Queen?
8. Why was Elizabeth put under house arrest?
9. What happened on November 17, 1558 according to Chapter 4?
10. What would have been the only thing Elizabeth might gain from a husband?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)