|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What started after the Papal absolution of England's repudiation of Rome?
(a) The Nine Years War.
(b) The excommunication of all followers of the Queen.
(c) The Holy War.
(d) The Inquisition.
2. What did Elizabeth I respond to the rumors of her having many lovers?
(a) That she was never alone so it would be impossible.
(b) That she refused to comment on her personal life.
(c) That it was true.
(d) That it was none of their business.
3. Where was Henry's daughter Elizabeth sent to live?
4. In what did Elizabeth I retain her independence from the Privy Council?
(a) Running Parliament.
(b) Vetoing decisions.
(c) Policy making.
(d) Finding a spouse.
5. Why did Leicester want Mary to marry Darnley?
(a) Leicester wanted to marry Darnley's sister.
(b) He didn't want to be paired with Mary.
(c) Leicester wanted to prevent Darnley from marrying Elizabeth.
(d) Darnley was under his control.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Elizabeth contract in 1562?
2. Who pressured Elizabeth I to marry and name a successor?
3. What was the Privy Council in charge of?
4. Who did Mary want to marry?
5. Who had himself appointed Lord Protector and Governor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did some question Elizabeth I's age?
2. Who did King Henry of France have problems with?
3. What was the Act of Restrain of Appeals which Parliament passed?
4. What did Mary, Queen of Scots, refuse to accept ?
5. What did Elizabeth adopt in Chapter 3 and why?
6. What did the Privy Council do for the Queen?
7. Who was Kat Ashley and who did she promote a match between?
8. How many Catholics were executed under Elizabeth I's reign?
9. Who often performed for the Queen?
10. What did the Privy Council advise Elizabeth I of regarding Darnley?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)