|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Mary want to marry?
(a) Philip of Portugal.
(b) Henry X of England.
(c) Henry of France.
(d) Philip of Spain.
2. Where did Elizabeth I stay after living in the Tower for a week?
(a) Richmond Park.
(b) Whitehall Palace.
(c) Somerset House.
(d) Wyndham Palace.
3. What did Elizabeth I give to Dudley to make him more interesting in Mary's eyes?
(a) The title of Duke.
(b) The title of Regent.
(c) The title of Earl.
(d) The title of Governor.
4. Who did Elizabeth I first stay with after arriving in London?
(a) Lord Norton.
(b) Lord Richmond.
(c) Lord Notting.
(d) Lord North.
5. What did Elizabeth do to appease Mary?
(a) She banished her entourage.
(b) She left the court.
(c) She ostentatiously adopted the Catholic religion.
(d) She signed off on her claim to the throne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Mary's adviser in 1553?
2. What did the Act of Restraint of Appeals prohibit?
3. Who had himself appointed Lord Protector and Governor?
4. Why was the planned rebellion against Mary moved up by two months?
5. Who did Baron Seymour of Sudeley marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Edward contract in 1553 and what plan did he devise?
2. What did the Privy Council advise Elizabeth I of regarding Darnley?
3. Who was supposed to rule during Edwards' minority according to Chapter 2?
4. Why was Elizabeth put under house arrest?
5. What happened on November 17, 1558 according to Chapter 4?
6. What did Elizabeth I say of when she would marry?
7. What would have been the only thing Elizabeth might gain from a husband?
8. Why was Mary, Queen of Scots, interested in remarrying according to Chapter 6?
9. What did Somerset hypothesize about Elizabeth?
10. What did Elizabeth adopt in Chapter 3 and why?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)