|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Elizabeth I refuse to marry?
(a) The Prince of Orange.
(b) The King of France.
(c) King Philip of Spain.
(d) The King of Aragon.
2. What was the Privy Council in charge of?
(a) Creating policies.
(b) Finding a spouse for Elizabeth I.
(c) Uncovering plots.
(d) Implementing policies.
3. When was Edward born?
(a) October 1538.
(b) October 1539.
(c) October 1536.
(d) October 1537.
4. Who continued his pursuit of Elizabeth I as she was looking for a husband?
(a) Lord Essex.
(c) Duke of Norfolk.
(d) Earl of Sussex.
5. Who was the mother of Henry VIII's son, Edward?
(a) Jane Seymour.
(b) Anne Boleyn.
(c) Catherine Parr.
(d) Mary Stewart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What treaty did Cecil negotiate that displeased Elizabeth I according to Chapter 5?
2. What did Elizabeth I decide her husband had to be, according to Chapter 4?
3. Who did Henry VIII marry in January 1533?
4. When was Elizabeth proclaimed Queen according to Chapter 4?
5. What did the Act of Restraint of Appeals prohibit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Lord Protector have the Council investigate?
2. What did Somerset hypothesize about Elizabeth?
3. What happened in June 1566 and what did Elizabeth I send word of?
4. What happened under the terms of peace negotiated between the French and the English?
5. What was the main topic when Parliament convened in 1563?
6. Why was Mary, Queen of Scots, interested in remarrying according to Chapter 6?
7. Who was Kat Ashley and who did she promote a match between?
8. How did new laws change the monarch's relationship with the Church?
9. What did Elizabeth adopt in Chapter 3 and why?
10. What did a potential husband need to have according to Chapter 4 and why did it present a problem?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)