|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Elizabeth proclaimed Queen according to Chapter 4?
(a) November 17, 1558.
(b) November 12, 1558.
(c) November 10, 1558.
(d) November 2, 1558.
2. Who did Mary want to marry?
(a) Henry X of England.
(b) Philip of Portugal.
(c) Henry of France.
(d) Philip of Spain.
3. What was Cecil pressuring Elizabeth I to do?
(a) Name a successor.
(b) Marry and produce an heir.
(c) Name Mary as successor.
(d) Become pregnant without a husband.
4. What did Elizabeth I decide her husband had to be, according to Chapter 4?
(b) A widower.
(d) Of royal blood.
5. Where did Mary leave for after learning of her impending arrest?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Emperor Charles V?
2. Where was Elizabeth I formally crowned Queen?
3. Why did Mary resent Elizabeth according to Chapter 3?
4. Why did Leicester want Mary to marry Darnley?
5. Who was Elizabeth's governess?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened on November 17, 1558 according to Chapter 4?
2. What was the plot uncovered in 1594 and who did it involve?
3. What was Philip's condition regarding negotiations?
4. Why did the Queen grow angry regarding the Church of Ireland?
5. Who did Henry marry in January 1533?
6. What did Elizabeth I realize regarding Mary?
7. What order did Elizabeth I give in March 1587 according to Chapter 12?
8. What happened in June 1566 and what did Elizabeth I send word of?
9. Why was Elizabeth put under house arrest?
10. What happened under the terms of peace negotiated between the French and the English?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)