|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Elizabeth I give to Dudley to make him more interesting in Mary's eyes?
(a) The title of Duke.
(b) The title of Governor.
(c) The title of Earl.
(d) The title of Regent.
2. Where was Elizabeth I formally crowned Queen?
(a) Tower of London.
(b) Richmond Wallace.
(c) Whitehall Palace.
(d) Westminster Abbey.
3. Who thought that Darnley marrying Mary would strengthen Mary's claim to the throne?
(c) Elizabeth I.
(d) The Privy Council.
4. When was Elizabeth proclaimed Queen according to Chapter 4?
(a) November 12, 1558.
(b) November 10, 1558.
(c) November 2, 1558.
(d) November 17, 1558.
5. What was the Privy Council in charge of?
(a) Uncovering plots.
(b) Implementing policies.
(c) Finding a spouse for Elizabeth I.
(d) Creating policies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Mary's adviser in 1553?
2. Who did Elizabeth I reject as a husband because he was too young?
3. What did Elizabeth I decide her husband had to be, according to Chapter 4?
4. Who was supposed to rule England during Edward's minority according to Chapter 2?
5. What did Elizabeth contract in 1562?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose wishes did Pope Clement VII follow?
2. What did Somerset hypothesize about Elizabeth?
3. How would Mary, Queen of Scots have ascended to the throne?
4. What did Elizabeth adopt in Chapter 3 and why?
5. Why was Elizabeth put under house arrest?
6. What did Elizabeth want to ensure about Protestants?
7. Whose wife was found dead according to Chapter 5 and how did this affect Elizabeth?
8. What happened under the terms of peace negotiated between the French and the English?
9. What did Henry VIII request from Pope Clement VII in Chapter 1?
10. What did a potential husband need to have according to Chapter 4 and why did it present a problem?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)