|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Elizabeth's companion even as his wife was in the country?
(a) Lord Sussex.
(b) Lord Dudley.
(c) Lord Essex.
(d) Lord Norfolk.
2. What happened to Anne Boleyn after her trial for adultery?
(a) She was sent to France.
(b) She was imprisoned.
(c) She was hung.
(d) She was beheaded.
3. Where was Elizabeth I formally crowned Queen?
(a) Westminster Abbey.
(b) Tower of London.
(c) Whitehall Palace.
(d) Richmond Wallace.
4. When was Mary proclaimed Queen of England?
(a) August 19, 1553.
(b) July 19, 1553.
(c) July 19, 1554.
(d) July 9, 1553.
5. What happened to Katherine and Mary after Elizabeth I learned of their secret marriage?
(a) They were banished.
(b) They were executed.
(c) They were required to divorce.
(d) They were imprisoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Baron Seymour of Sudeley marry?
2. Who had himself appointed Lord Protector and Governor?
3. What did Elizabeth I decide her husband had to be, according to Chapter 4?
4. Where was Henry's daughter Elizabeth sent to live?
5. Who was Mary's adviser in 1553?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Elizabeth put under house arrest?
2. What happened under the terms of peace negotiated between the French and the English?
3. What was the main topic when Parliament convened in 1563?
4. Who did Henry marry in January 1533?
5. What did a potential husband need to have according to Chapter 4 and why did it present a problem?
6. What did Edward contract in 1553 and what plan did he devise?
7. Whose wife was found dead according to Chapter 5 and how did this affect Elizabeth?
8. Why was Mary nicknamed "Bloody Mary"?
9. What happened in June 1566 and what did Elizabeth I send word of?
10. What did the Privy Council advise Elizabeth I of regarding Darnley?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)