|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Elizabeth I say she would refuse to give her husband?
(b) The right to have mistresses.
(c) A house.
(d) Any of her power.
2. When was James born?
(a) July 1566.
(b) August 1566.
(c) May 1566.
(d) June 1566.
3. What did Elizabeth contract in 1562?
(a) German measles.
(d) Small pox.
4. Who did Elizabeth I refuse to marry?
(a) The Prince of Orange.
(b) The King of Aragon.
(c) The King of France.
(d) King Philip of Spain.
5. Who was supposed to rule England during Edward's minority according to Chapter 2?
(b) Henry VIII's brother.
(d) The Privy Council.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Edward born?
2. Who was Mary's adviser in 1553?
3. What terms were in the treaty between France and England over Scotland?
4. What interested Mary Queen of Scots in Chapter 6?
5. Why did Leicester want Mary to marry Darnley?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Mary nicknamed "Bloody Mary"?
2. What would have been the only thing Elizabeth might gain from a husband?
3. What did Somerset hypothesize about Elizabeth?
4. What happened in June 1566 and what did Elizabeth I send word of?
5. What did a potential husband need to have according to Chapter 4 and why did it present a problem?
6. Who was supposed to rule during Edwards' minority according to Chapter 2?
7. What did Mary, Queen of Scots, refuse to accept ?
8. What was the Act of Restrain of Appeals which Parliament passed?
9. What did Henry VIII request from Pope Clement VII in Chapter 1?
10. What did the Privy Council advise Elizabeth I of regarding Darnley?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)