|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who plotted against Mary's wedding plans?
(a) Edward Courtenay.
(d) Philip of Spain.
2. Who was France's regent in 1562?
(a) Catherine of Aquitaine.
(b) Catherine de Medicis.
(c) Catherine of Aragon.
(d) Catherine of Valois.
3. What started after the Papal absolution of England's repudiation of Rome?
(a) The Holy War.
(b) The excommunication of all followers of the Queen.
(c) The Nine Years War.
(d) The Inquisition.
4. What did Elizabeth I give to Dudley to make him more interesting in Mary's eyes?
(a) The title of Governor.
(b) The title of Earl.
(c) The title of Regent.
(d) The title of Duke.
5. What did Cecil think was the only solution to squash Mary's claim to the throne?
(a) To name her illegitimate.
(b) To marry.
(c) To grant her a divorce.
(d) To execute her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Mary want to marry?
2. Who did Elizabeth I name to be protector of the kingdom in case she was incapacitated for a long period of time?
3. Who pressured Elizabeth I to marry and name a successor?
4. What would have been the only positive thing that Elizabeth I would gain by taking a husband?
5. What capacity was Sir William Cecil appointed to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Elizabeth want to ensure about Protestants?
2. Who did Henry marry in January 1533?
3. Whose wishes did Pope Clement VII follow?
4. What direction did Elizabeth I give to the Privy Council?
5. Whose wife was found dead according to Chapter 5 and how did this affect Elizabeth?
6. Why was Mary nicknamed "Bloody Mary"?
7. What did Mary, Queen of Scots, refuse to accept ?
8. What did Somerset hypothesize about Elizabeth?
9. What happened in June 1566 and what did Elizabeth I send word of?
10. Who was Kat Ashley and who did she promote a match between?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)