|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the daughter of Catherine of Aragon?
2. When did Darnley arrive in Scotland?
(a) February 1, 1565.
(b) February 17, 1565.
(c) February 27, 1565.
(d) February 14, 1565.
3. Why was the planned rebellion against Mary moved up by two months?
(a) The government started to investigate the plot.
(b) Elizabeth backed out.
(c) The government did not think it would work.
(d) Mary changed her plans for that day.
4. Who declared Henry VIII's marriage to Catherine invalid?
(a) The Archbishop of Canterbury.
(b) The Bishop of Westminster.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The Archbishop of London.
5. Who hosted lavish parties in order to impress the Queen?
(a) Arundel and Pickering.
(b) Dudley and Pickering.
(c) Arundel and Sussex.
(d) Summersby and Norfolk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Katherine and Mary after Elizabeth I learned of their secret marriage?
2. Who did Henry VIII need to have approval from to have his marriage dissolved, according to Chapter 1?
3. Where was Elizabeth sent after she lived with Baron Seymour of Sudeley?
4. What did women in the 16th century have little of?
5. What was Cecil pressuring Elizabeth I to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Kat Ashley and who did she promote a match between?
2. Whose wishes did Pope Clement VII follow?
3. What was the Act of Restrain of Appeals which Parliament passed?
4. Why was Elizabeth put under house arrest?
5. How did new laws change the monarch's relationship with the Church?
6. What would have been the only thing Elizabeth might gain from a husband?
7. What did Elizabeth want to ensure about Protestants?
8. Whose wife was found dead according to Chapter 5 and how did this affect Elizabeth?
9. What did the Privy Council advise Elizabeth I of regarding Darnley?
10. Why was Mary, Queen of Scots, interested in remarrying according to Chapter 6?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)