|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Elizabeth I say she would refuse to give her husband?
(b) A house.
(c) Any of her power.
(d) The right to have mistresses.
2. Who did Elizabeth I refuse to marry?
(a) The King of France.
(b) The Prince of Orange.
(c) The King of Aragon.
(d) King Philip of Spain.
3. Where did Mary Queen of Scots live since the death of her husband?
4. What was Cecil pressuring Elizabeth I to do?
(a) Name Mary as successor.
(b) Marry and produce an heir.
(c) Become pregnant without a husband.
(d) Name a successor.
5. When did Mary marry?
(a) July 26, 1554.
(b) July 16, 1554.
(c) July 30, 1554.
(d) July 6, 1554.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mary resent Elizabeth according to Chapter 3?
2. What did Elizabeth do to appease Mary?
3. What country was Mary Queen of Scots also the Queen of?
4. What law did Elizabeth want the Parliament to pass?
5. Why did foreigners refuse British coins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened on November 17, 1558 according to Chapter 4?
2. Who did Henry marry in January 1533?
3. Who died on September 4, 1588?
4. What direction did Elizabeth I give to the Privy Council?
5. Why was Mary, Queen of Scots, interested in remarrying according to Chapter 6?
6. What was Philip's condition regarding negotiations?
7. What happened under the terms of peace negotiated between the French and the English?
8. What was the Queen planning in 1588?
9. What was the main topic when Parliament convened in 1563?
10. What was the Act of Restrain of Appeals which Parliament passed?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)