|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mary warned about Elizabeth when she met her?
(a) That she would be a rebel.
(b) That she was a danger.
(c) That she was good for the people.
(d) That she would want to steal her husband.
2. How old was Elizabeth when she was crowned Queen?
(a) 26 years old.
(b) 23 years old.
(c) 22 years old.
(d) 25 years old.
3. What started after the Papal absolution of England's repudiation of Rome?
(a) The excommunication of all followers of the Queen.
(b) The Holy War.
(c) The Inquisition.
(d) The Nine Years War.
4. When was Elizabeth I formally crowned Queen?
(a) January 5, 1559.
(b) January 15, 1559.
(c) January 10, 1559.
(d) January 25, 1559.
5. When did Mary marry?
(a) July 16, 1554.
(b) July 26, 1554.
(c) July 6, 1554.
(d) July 30, 1554.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Edward contract tuberculosis?
2. Where did Mary leave for after learning of her impending arrest?
3. What did Elizabeth I give to Dudley to make him more interesting in Mary's eyes?
4. What country was Mary Queen of Scots also the Queen of?
5. Who was Elizabeth's governess?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Mary, Queen of Scots, interested in remarrying according to Chapter 6?
2. Who was supposed to rule during Edwards' minority according to Chapter 2?
3. What did Somerset hypothesize about Elizabeth?
4. What did Elizabeth I say of when she would marry?
5. What was the Act of Restrain of Appeals which Parliament passed?
6. What did a potential husband need to have according to Chapter 4 and why did it present a problem?
7. What did Elizabeth adopt in Chapter 3 and why?
8. What did Mary, Queen of Scots, refuse to accept ?
9. How did new laws change the monarch's relationship with the Church?
10. What did Elizabeth want to ensure about Protestants?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)