|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Baron Seymour of Sudeley marry?
(a) Katherine Parr.
(c) Anne Boleyn.
2. What started after the Papal absolution of England's repudiation of Rome?
(a) The Nine Years War.
(b) The Holy War.
(c) The Inquisition.
(d) The excommunication of all followers of the Queen.
3. When was the rebellion against Mary planned?
(a) March 1554.
(b) April 1554.
(c) February 1554.
(d) June 1554.
4. What did Elizabeth I respond to the rumors of her having many lovers?
(a) That it was true.
(b) That it was none of their business.
(c) That she was never alone so it would be impossible.
(d) That she refused to comment on her personal life.
5. What did Elizabeth I decide her husband had to be, according to Chapter 4?
(b) A widower.
(d) Of royal blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did foreigners refuse British coins?
2. When did Darnley arrive in Scotland?
3. What did Cecil think was the only solution to squash Mary's claim to the throne?
4. What capacity was Sir William Cecil appointed to?
5. Who was supposed to rule England during Edward's minority according to Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would Mary, Queen of Scots have ascended to the throne?
2. Who was Kat Ashley and who did she promote a match between?
3. What direction did Elizabeth I give to the Privy Council?
4. Who was supposed to rule during Edwards' minority according to Chapter 2?
5. How did new laws change the monarch's relationship with the Church?
6. What did Somerset hypothesize about Elizabeth?
7. What would have been the only thing Elizabeth might gain from a husband?
8. What did the Privy Council advise Elizabeth I of regarding Darnley?
9. What happened on November 17, 1558 according to Chapter 4?
10. Whose wishes did Pope Clement VII follow?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)