|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men of the Privy Council did Elizabeth I keep that were under Mary?
2. What did Elizabeth do to appease Mary?
(a) She banished her entourage.
(b) She left the court.
(c) She signed off on her claim to the throne.
(d) She ostentatiously adopted the Catholic religion.
3. What did Cecil think was the only solution to squash Mary's claim to the throne?
(a) To marry.
(b) To name her illegitimate.
(c) To execute her.
(d) To grant her a divorce.
4. What did Elizabeth I decide her husband had to be, according to Chapter 4?
(a) Of royal blood.
(c) A widower.
5. When was Elizabeth proclaimed Queen according to Chapter 4?
(a) November 10, 1558.
(b) November 17, 1558.
(c) November 12, 1558.
(d) November 2, 1558.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who thought that Darnley marrying Mary would strengthen Mary's claim to the throne?
2. Where was Elizabeth sent after she lived with Baron Seymour of Sudeley?
3. What did Elizabeth I respond to the rumors of her having many lovers?
4. When was the rebellion against Mary planned?
5. When did Darnley marry Mary?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did new laws change the monarch's relationship with the Church?
2. What did Mary, Queen of Scots, refuse to accept ?
3. How would Mary, Queen of Scots have ascended to the throne?
4. What direction did Elizabeth I give to the Privy Council?
5. Why was Mary, Queen of Scots, interested in remarrying according to Chapter 6?
6. What did Elizabeth adopt in Chapter 3 and why?
7. What did Elizabeth want to ensure about Protestants?
8. Who was supposed to rule during Edwards' minority according to Chapter 2?
9. Who did Henry marry in January 1533?
10. What did Henry VIII request from Pope Clement VII in Chapter 1?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)