|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Privy Council in charge of?
(a) Creating policies.
(b) Finding a spouse for Elizabeth I.
(c) Uncovering plots.
(d) Implementing policies.
2. Who was Emperor Charles V?
(a) Henry VIII's brother.
(b) Catherine of Aragon's brother.
(c) Elizabeth's cousin once removed.
(d) Catherine of Aragon's nephew.
3. What would happen if Elizabeth I was to marry Dudley?
(a) Elizabeth I would be overthrown.
(b) Elizabeth I and Dudley would be executed.
(c) The country would seek to kill Dudley.
(d) The country would be plunged into civil war.
4. What did Cecil and Elizabeth I do to fight the financial crisis?
(a) Made a coin with the Queen's stamp.
(b) Made the value of British coins higher.
(c) Lowered the value of other country's coins in England.
(d) Lowered the value of the British coins.
5. Who did Henry VIII marry in January 1533?
(a) Catherine de Medici.
(b) Jane Seymour.
(c) Anne Boleyn.
(d) Catherine Parr.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Queen Dowager die?
2. What country was Mary Queen of Scots also the Queen of?
3. Who was Rome's envoy to England?
4. Who was Mary's adviser in 1553?
5. What did Cecil think was the only solution to squash Mary's claim to the throne?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did new laws change the monarch's relationship with the Church?
2. What did Mary, Queen of Scots, refuse to accept ?
3. What did Somerset hypothesize about Elizabeth?
4. What happened under the terms of peace negotiated between the French and the English?
5. Whose wife was found dead according to Chapter 5 and how did this affect Elizabeth?
6. What did Elizabeth I say of when she would marry?
7. Whose wishes did Pope Clement VII follow?
8. What did the Privy Council do for the Queen?
9. What did Henry VIII request from Pope Clement VII in Chapter 1?
10. Why was Elizabeth put under house arrest?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)