|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Elizabeth I consider a threat for the unity of the Church?
(a) The Puritans.
(b) The poor.
(d) The Jews.
2. How many Catholics were executed during Elizabeth I's reign?
3. What were Elizabeth I's main London residences?
(a) Clarence House.
(b) Whitehall and Hampton Court.
(c) South Kensington.
(d) Buckingham Palace.
4. When did Elizabeth plan an expedition against Spain?
5. Where did the British navy and the Spanish Armada fight after the failure of the peace treaty?
(a) The Atlantic.
(b) The English Channel.
(c) North Sea.
(d) Straits of Dover.
6. What did Parliament expand in 1570?
(a) The requirements for successors.
(b) The definition of treason.
(c) The duties of the Queen.
(d) The definition of succession.
7. Who did Elizabeth I allow to enter Scotland with an army?
8. What bill did Elizabeth I refuse to sign?
(a) A bill preventing Mary from ever being Queen of England.
(b) A bill preventing Mary from entering the country.
(c) A bill preventing James from being King of England.
(d) A bill to marry by the next year or be dethroned.
9. How many positions did the Queen control?
10. What did France experience in September 1585?
(a) Civil War.
(b) Industrial Revolution.
11. Who wanted his daughter to be Queen of France?
(a) Charles V.
(b) Henry VII.
12. Who succeeded Philip II when he died in September of 1598?
(a) His brother.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His son Philip III.
(d) His wife.
13. Who gave hope to the Catholics during the reign of Elizabeth I?
(a) Mary Queen of Scots.
(b) The Archbishop of Westminster.
14. What happened to James after his capture?
(a) He hid.
(b) He escaped.
(c) He killed all of his captors.
(d) He blackmailed his captor.
15. What did James of Scotland want?
(a) To kill Elizabeth I.
(b) To rule with his mother.
(c) To take Spain.
(d) To continue on to English throne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Rome envoy was captured and killed with other priests?
2. When was Philip considering invading England?
3. What did Alencon become in 1580?
4. Who did Leicester marry in 1578?
5. What did the massacre in Antwerp do for the Dutch people?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)