|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who succeeded Philip II when he died in September of 1598?
(a) His brother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His son Philip III.
2. Where did Philip accept Protestantism?
3. Who was named Regent of the Kingdom of Scotland?
(a) The Earl of Moray.
(b) The Earl of Huntingdore.
(c) The Earl of Strathmore.
(d) The Earl of Eglington.
4. What did Robert, Earl of Essex do to Elizabeth I, according to Chapter 13?
(a) He consoled her.
(b) He bribed her.
(c) He wooed her.
(d) He rejected her.
5. Who did Elizabeth I open talks with France to marry?
(a) The Duke of Normandy.
(b) The Duke of Paris.
(c) The Duke of Anjou.
(d) The Duke of Beaufort.
6. How old was Walter Raleigh when he arrived at Elizabeth's court?
(a) Late 20's.
(b) Late teens.
(c) Early 20's.
7. How many Catholics were executed during Elizabeth I's reign?
8. Who did Elizabeth I consider a threat for the unity of the Church?
(a) The poor.
(c) The Puritans.
(d) The Jews.
9. Who took control of Scotland?
(a) Mary's supporters.
(b) Moray's supporters.
(c) No one.
(d) James' supporters.
10. Why did Elizabeth I often change residences?
(a) Because of boredom.
(b) Because of the stench of the court.
(c) Because of the threat of rebellions.
(d) Because of the demand on the food supply.
11. How old was Prince James when he was crowned?
(a) 10 months old.
(b) 23 months old.
(c) 3 months old.
(d) 13 months old.
12. Who did Elizabeth I send to Austria to negotiate with Archduke Charles?
(a) The Earl of Hastings.
(b) The Earl of Shrewsbury.
(c) The Earl of Essex.
(d) The Earl of Derby.
13. Who gave hope to the Catholics during the reign of Elizabeth I?
(c) The Archbishop of Westminster.
(d) Mary Queen of Scots.
14. Who did the Duke of Norfolk attempt to unseat?
(d) The Privy Council.
15. Who refused the terms of Mary's restoration to the Throne?
(a) King Henry.
(b) Elizabeth I.
(c) King Philip.
(d) King James.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Philip authorize to negotiate with the British if Spain could NOT win a land battle?
2. What did the British government think Catholicism would do given enough time, according to Chapter 11?
3. When did Elizabeth I give Francis Drake permission to attack Spanish ships?
4. How did Darnley die?
5. What did Elizabeth I accept to do for Charles IX?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)