Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many positions did the Queen control?
2. Who did Elizabeth I fear would take power in France and strengthen Spain?
(a) The rebels.
(b) The poor.
(c) The Catholic League.
(d) The Puritans.
3. What happened to Moray at the start of Chapter 8?
(a) He was excommunicated.
(b) He was taken prisoner.
(c) He was assassinated.
(d) He was banished.
4. How old was Walter Raleigh when he arrived at Elizabeth's court?
(b) Early 20's.
(c) Late teens.
(d) Late 20's.
5. Who succeeded Philip II when he died in September of 1598?
(a) His son Philip III.
(b) His wife.
(c) His brother.
(d) His daughter.
6. Who did Elizabeth I hope to negotiate peace with?
(a) No one.
(b) The Pope.
(c) The Duke of Parma and Philip.
7. What did the government fear Catholics would do in case of an invasion of England?
(a) Side with Mary.
(b) Kill Elizabeth I.
(c) Kill all of the Protestants.
(d) Side with the Pope against the Queen.
8. Why did Archduke Charles refuse to marry Elizabeth?
(a) He refused to move.
(b) He did not like her.
(c) He did not want to convert.
(d) He did not want to be married.
9. When was Norfolk arrested?
(a) November 1751.
(b) August 1571.
(c) October 1571.
(d) September 1571.
10. When was Norfolk executed?
(a) June 30, 1572.
(b) June 2, 1572.
(c) June 22, 1572.
(d) June 12, 1572.
11. What honor did Elizabeth sparingly hand out according to Chapter 10?
12. Who wanted his daughter to be Queen of France?
(a) Charles V.
(c) Henry VII.
13. Who did Philip authorize to negotiate with the British if Spain could NOT win a land battle?
(a) Lord of Parma.
(b) Regent of Parma.
(c) Baron of Parma.
(d) The Duke of Parma.
14. Who joined the Spanish expedition that angered Elizabeth?
(a) Robert, Earl of Essex.
(b) Lord Howard.
(c) Duke of Sidonia.
(d) Francis Drake.
15. When did Elizabeth plan an expedition against Spain?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Elizabeth I accept to do for Charles IX?
2. What did Parliament expand in 1570?
3. What massacre did Elizabeth l learn about in 1572?
4. What did James of Scotland want?
5. Who ordered the massacre of Protestants in France in 1572?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)