|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which author often performed for the Queen?
2. Who did Elizabeth I send to Scotland after Mary's capture?
(a) The Duke of Norfolk.
(b) The Earl of Essex.
(c) Sir Nicholas Throckmorton.
3. When did Elizabeth plan an expedition against Spain?
4. How did Darnley die?
(a) His house caught fire.
(b) He was shot.
(c) His house exploded.
(d) He was executed.
5. Who joined the Spanish expedition that angered Elizabeth?
(a) Robert, Earl of Essex.
(b) Duke of Sidonia.
(c) Lord Howard.
(d) Francis Drake.
6. Who succeeded Charles IX?
(a) Henry IV.
(b) Henry I.
(c) Henry III.
(d) Henry II.
7. Who did Philip want to inherit England's throne?
(a) One of his nephews.
(b) One of his sons.
(c) He wanted to inherit the throne himself.
(d) One of his daughters.
8. What did the British government think Catholicism would do given enough time, according to Chapter 11?
(a) Move south.
(b) Die out.
(c) Expand throughout England.
(d) Experience a resurgence.
9. How old was Walter Raleigh when he arrived at Elizabeth's court?
(a) Late teens.
(c) Late 20's.
(d) Early 20's.
10. Where did the British fleet land during their bid to invade Spain?
11. Why did Archduke Charles refuse to marry Elizabeth?
(a) He refused to move.
(b) He did not want to convert.
(c) He did not like her.
(d) He did not want to be married.
12. Who was involved in the plot against Elizabeth I in 1594?
(a) Her bookkeeper.
(b) Her cook.
(c) Her physician.
(d) Her lady in waiting.
13. Who was James taken prisoner by?
(a) The Lords Enterprise.
(b) The French.
(c) Lord Essex.
(d) The Earl of Sussex.
14. Who did Elizabeth I hope to negotiate peace with?
(a) The Duke of Parma and Philip.
(b) The Pope.
(c) No one.
15. Who was executed on February 8, 1587?
(d) Mary of Scots.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many houses did Elizabeth have?
2. Who did the Duke of Norfolk attempt to unseat?
3. Who was found to be part of the Franco-Scottish plot against Elizabeth I?
4. When did Archbishop Parker die?
5. Who did Elizabeth I open talks with France to marry?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)