|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Norfolk arrested?
(a) September 1571.
(b) October 1571.
(c) August 1571.
(d) November 1751.
2. What did James of Scotland want?
(a) To rule with his mother.
(b) To continue on to English throne.
(c) To kill Elizabeth I.
(d) To take Spain.
3. What did France experience in September 1585?
(b) Civil War.
(c) Industrial Revolution.
4. What did Robert, Earl of Essex do to Elizabeth I, according to Chapter 13?
(a) He bribed her.
(b) He wooed her.
(c) He consoled her.
(d) He rejected her.
5. What happened to James after his capture?
(a) He blackmailed his captor.
(b) He escaped.
(c) He hid.
(d) He killed all of his captors.
6. When was Elizabeth I excommunicated?
7. Where did Philip accept Protestantism?
8. When did Walter Raleigh receive titles and favors from Elizabeth?
(a) April 1584.
(b) April 1582.
(c) April 1583.
(d) April 1585.
9. What event prompted the British to send troops to the Netherlands?
(a) The capture of James.
(b) The death of the Prince of Orange.
(c) The death of Mary Queen of Scots.
(d) A massacre.
10. When did Robert, Earl of Essex first appear at the court?
(a) When he was 17.
(b) When he was 19.
(c) When he was 18.
(d) When he was 16.
11. What did the government fear Catholics would do in case of an invasion of England?
(a) Side with the Pope against the Queen.
(b) Kill all of the Protestants.
(c) Kill Elizabeth I.
(d) Side with Mary.
12. When did Darnley die according to Chapter 7?
(a) April 1567.
(b) February 1567.
(c) March 1567.
(d) January 1567.
13. Why did Archduke Charles refuse to marry Elizabeth?
(a) He did not want to convert.
(b) He refused to move.
(c) He did not want to be married.
(d) He did not like her.
14. Where did Essex meet King Henry?
15. What did Alencon become in 1580?
(a) Prince of France.
(b) Prince of Scotland.
(c) Prince of the Netherlands.
(d) Prince of Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Archbishop Parker die?
2. Who did Elizabeth I want sent to England in order to protect him?
3. Who wanted his daughter to be Queen of France?
4. What Rome envoy was captured and killed with other priests?
5. When did Charles IX die?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)