|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was involved in the plot against Elizabeth I in 1594?
(a) Her bookkeeper.
(b) Her lady in waiting.
(c) Her physician.
(d) Her cook.
2. Why did Elizabeth I often change residences?
(a) Because of the demand on the food supply.
(b) Because of the stench of the court.
(c) Because of the threat of rebellions.
(d) Because of boredom.
3. When was Elizabeth I excommunicated?
4. When did Archbishop Parker die?
(a) June 1575.
(b) May 1575.
(c) July 1575.
(d) April 1575.
5. How many houses did Elizabeth have?
6. When did Mary and Bothwell marry?
(a) May 5, 1567.
(b) May 25, 1567.
(c) May 15, 1567.
(d) May 1, 1567.
7. Which author often performed for the Queen?
8. What Rome envoy was captured and killed with other priests?
9. What did France experience in September 1585?
(a) Civil War.
(b) Industrial Revolution.
10. What did Alencon become in 1580?
(a) Prince of the Netherlands.
(b) Prince of France.
(c) Prince of Spain.
(d) Prince of Scotland.
11. Who wanted to depose Elizabeth I?
(a) James and Alva.
(b) Henry and Ava.
(c) Philip and Alva.
(d) Howard and Ava.
12. What happened to James after his capture?
(a) He hid.
(b) He escaped.
(c) He killed all of his captors.
(d) He blackmailed his captor.
13. How many positions did the Queen control?
14. What were Elizabeth I's main London residences?
(a) Clarence House.
(b) South Kensington.
(c) Whitehall and Hampton Court.
(d) Buckingham Palace.
15. When did Elizabeth I give Francis Drake permission to attack Spanish ships?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who succeeded Philip II when he died in September of 1598?
2. When did Elizabeth I visit various people in the Midland region?
3. Who did Elizabeth I consider a threat for the unity of the Church?
4. Where did the British navy and the Spanish Armada fight after the failure of the peace treaty?
5. What did Elizabeth I accept to do for Charles IX?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)