|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What honor did Elizabeth sparingly hand out according to Chapter 10?
2. Who succeeded Charles IX?
(a) Henry I.
(b) Henry III.
(c) Henry II.
(d) Henry IV.
3. When was Philip considering invading England?
4. What did the British government think Catholicism would do given enough time, according to Chapter 11?
(a) Expand throughout England.
(b) Move south.
(c) Experience a resurgence.
(d) Die out.
5. When was Norfolk executed?
(a) June 2, 1572.
(b) June 22, 1572.
(c) June 30, 1572.
(d) June 12, 1572.
6. How did Darnley die?
(a) His house caught fire.
(b) He was shot.
(c) He was executed.
(d) His house exploded.
7. What was the Queen's largest palace?
(b) Royal Pavilion.
(d) Savoy Palace.
8. When did Elizabeth I visit various people in the Midland region?
(a) Autumn of 1572.
(b) Winter of 1572.
(c) Spring of 1572.
(d) Summer of 1572.
9. When did Elizabeth plan an expedition against Spain?
10. Who wanted to depose Elizabeth I?
(a) Howard and Ava.
(b) Philip and Alva.
(c) Henry and Ava.
(d) James and Alva.
11. How old was Prince James when he was crowned?
(a) 3 months old.
(b) 13 months old.
(c) 23 months old.
(d) 10 months old.
12. When did Leicester die?
(a) September 4,1589.
(b) September 14, 1588.
(c) September 14, 1589.
(d) September 4, 1588.
13. What massacre did Elizabeth l learn about in 1572?
(a) St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre.
(b) Valentine's Day Massacre.
(c) St. Brice's Day Massacre.
(d) Rose Massacre.
14. What did Robert, Earl of Essex do to Elizabeth I, according to Chapter 13?
(a) He consoled her.
(b) He rejected her.
(c) He wooed her.
(d) He bribed her.
15. Why did Elizabeth I often change residences?
(a) Because of the demand on the food supply.
(b) Because of the threat of rebellions.
(c) Because of the stench of the court.
(d) Because of boredom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Archduke Charles refuse to marry Elizabeth?
2. What did Parliament expand in 1570?
3. How old was Walter Raleigh when he arrived at Elizabeth's court?
4. Who refused the terms of Mary's restoration to the Throne?
5. Who succeeded Archbishop Parker?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)