|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was named Regent of the Kingdom of Scotland?
(a) The Earl of Eglington.
(b) The Earl of Moray.
(c) The Earl of Strathmore.
(d) The Earl of Huntingdore.
2. When did Archbishop Parker die?
(a) July 1575.
(b) June 1575.
(c) April 1575.
(d) May 1575.
3. What did Alencon become in 1580?
(a) Prince of Spain.
(b) Prince of the Netherlands.
(c) Prince of Scotland.
(d) Prince of France.
4. How old was Prince James when he was crowned?
(a) 10 months old.
(b) 13 months old.
(c) 3 months old.
(d) 23 months old.
5. When did Pope Gregory want Philip to include England in invasion plans, according to Chapter 12?
6. Who ordered the massacre of Protestants in France in 1572?
(a) Catherine de Medici.
(b) Marie Francoise.
(c) The Pope.
(d) Marie D'Albert.
7. Who was James taken prisoner by?
(a) Lord Essex.
(b) The Earl of Sussex.
(c) The Lords Enterprise.
(d) The French.
8. Who did Elizabeth I send to Austria to negotiate with Archduke Charles?
(a) The Earl of Shrewsbury.
(b) The Earl of Hastings.
(c) The Earl of Derby.
(d) The Earl of Essex.
9. How many houses did Elizabeth have?
10. When did Elizabeth I give Francis Drake permission to attack Spanish ships?
11. When did Charles IX die?
(a) May 1574.
(b) March 1574.
(c) April 1574.
(d) June 1574.
12. What did the massacre in Antwerp do for the Dutch people?
(a) United them against England.
(b) United them against Spain.
(c) United them against the Roman Church.
(d) United them against France.
13. What honor did Elizabeth sparingly hand out according to Chapter 10?
14. What did Elizabeth I accept to do for Charles IX?
(a) Be his son's godmother.
(b) Be his witness.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Be his daughter's godmother.
15. What did James of Scotland want?
(a) To take Spain.
(b) To rule with his mother.
(c) To kill Elizabeth I.
(d) To continue on to English throne.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Walter Raleigh when he arrived at Elizabeth's court?
2. When did Elizabeth plan an expedition against Spain?
3. What happened when the British reached Lisbon that made them return to Britain?
4. Who did Elizabeth I finance the mercenaries of?
5. What did Parliament expand in 1570?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)