|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Elizabeth I want sent to England in order to protect him?
(a) Prince Philip.
(b) Prince James.
(c) Prince Henry.
(d) Prince William.
2. Who gave hope to the Catholics during the reign of Elizabeth I?
(a) Mary Queen of Scots.
(c) The Archbishop of Westminster.
3. How many houses did Elizabeth have?
4. Which author often performed for the Queen?
5. Who joined the Spanish expedition that angered Elizabeth?
(a) Robert, Earl of Essex.
(b) Duke of Sidonia.
(c) Francis Drake.
(d) Lord Howard.
6. When did Elizabeth exchange gifts with her leading subjects?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(b) New Year's Day.
(c) Christmas Day.
(d) Boxing Day.
7. When did Elizabeth I visit various people in the Midland region?
(a) Winter of 1572.
(b) Summer of 1572.
(c) Spring of 1572.
(d) Autumn of 1572.
8. When did Elizabeth I give Francis Drake permission to attack Spanish ships?
9. What were Elizabeth I's main London residences?
(a) Clarence House.
(b) Buckingham Palace.
(c) Whitehall and Hampton Court.
(d) South Kensington.
10. How old was Robert, Earl of Essex in 1587?
(a) 28 years old.
(b) 20 years old.
(c) 24 years old.
(d) 22 years old.
11. What did France experience in September 1585?
(b) Civil War.
(c) Industrial Revolution.
12. Who was involved in the plot against Elizabeth I in 1594?
(a) Her bookkeeper.
(b) Her lady in waiting.
(c) Her physician.
(d) Her cook.
13. Who did Elizabeth I open talks with France to marry?
(a) The Duke of Beaufort.
(b) The Duke of Paris.
(c) The Duke of Normandy.
(d) The Duke of Anjou.
14. How old was Walter Raleigh when he arrived at Elizabeth's court?
(a) Late teens.
(b) Early 20's.
(d) Late 20's.
15. When did Robert, Earl of Essex first appear at the court?
(a) When he was 17.
(b) When he was 19.
(c) When he was 18.
(d) When he was 16.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the Duke of Norfolk attempt to unseat?
2. When did Pope Gregory want Philip to include England in invasion plans, according to Chapter 12?
3. What did Robert, Earl of Essex do to Elizabeth I, according to Chapter 13?
4. Who did Elizabeth I finance the mercenaries of?
5. When did Archbishop Parker die?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)