|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what port did the British choose to replace the closed Dutch ports?
(b) Le Havre.
2. When did Archbishop Parker die?
(a) May 1575.
(b) June 1575.
(c) July 1575.
(d) April 1575.
3. Why did Archduke Charles refuse to marry Elizabeth?
(a) He refused to move.
(b) He did not want to be married.
(c) He did not like her.
(d) He did not want to convert.
4. Who was named Regent of the Kingdom of Scotland?
(a) The Earl of Eglington.
(b) The Earl of Moray.
(c) The Earl of Strathmore.
(d) The Earl of Huntingdore.
5. What happened when the British reached Lisbon that made them return to Britain?
(a) They lost their money ship.
(b) They found the Spanish army to be twice as large as theirs.
(c) They could not find food.
(d) The population didn't support them.
6. When did Elizabeth I visit various people in the Midland region?
(a) Spring of 1572.
(b) Winter of 1572.
(c) Autumn of 1572.
(d) Summer of 1572.
7. Who did Elizabeth I finance the mercenaries of?
(a) Philip Drake.
(b) German John Casmir.
(c) John Herman.
(d) Mark Starvians.
8. What was the Queen's largest palace?
(a) Savoy Palace.
(d) Royal Pavilion.
9. How old was Robert, Earl of Essex in 1587?
(a) 20 years old.
(b) 24 years old.
(c) 22 years old.
(d) 28 years old.
10. What happened to Moray at the start of Chapter 8?
(a) He was taken prisoner.
(b) He was banished.
(c) He was excommunicated.
(d) He was assassinated.
11. How many positions did the Queen control?
12. Who wanted to depose Elizabeth I?
(a) Philip and Alva.
(b) James and Alva.
(c) Henry and Ava.
(d) Howard and Ava.
13. Who did Elizabeth I allow to enter Scotland with an army?
14. Who joined the Spanish expedition that angered Elizabeth?
(a) Duke of Sidonia.
(b) Lord Howard.
(c) Francis Drake.
(d) Robert, Earl of Essex.
15. Who did the Duke of Norfolk attempt to unseat?
(b) The Privy Council.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who founded a seminary in 1568?
2. Who ordered the massacre of Protestants in France in 1572?
3. When did Elizabeth exchange gifts with her leading subjects?
4. Who did Elizabeth I fear would take power in France and strengthen Spain?
5. When did Walter Raleigh arrive at Elizabeth's court?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)