|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was executed on February 8, 1587?
(d) Mary of Scots.
2. Where did the British navy and the Spanish Armada fight after the failure of the peace treaty?
(a) North Sea.
(b) The English Channel.
(c) The Atlantic.
(d) Straits of Dover.
3. What did the massacre in Antwerp do for the Dutch people?
(a) United them against France.
(b) United them against England.
(c) United them against Spain.
(d) United them against the Roman Church.
4. When was Norfolk arrested?
(a) August 1571.
(b) October 1571.
(c) November 1751.
(d) September 1571.
5. What Rome envoy was captured and killed with other priests?
6. When did Darnley die according to Chapter 7?
(a) April 1567.
(b) March 1567.
(c) January 1567.
(d) February 1567.
7. How many Catholics were executed during Elizabeth I's reign?
8. Which author often performed for the Queen?
9. When did Elizabeth I give Francis Drake permission to attack Spanish ships?
10. Who did Leicester marry in 1578?
(a) The countess of Howard.
(b) The countess of Essex.
(c) The countess of Somerset.
(d) The countess of Norfolk.
11. Who did Elizabeth I send to Austria to negotiate with Archduke Charles?
(a) The Earl of Hastings.
(b) The Earl of Shrewsbury.
(c) The Earl of Derby.
(d) The Earl of Essex.
12. Who did Elizabeth I open talks with France to marry?
(a) The Duke of Anjou.
(b) The Duke of Normandy.
(c) The Duke of Beaufort.
(d) The Duke of Paris.
13. Who wanted to depose Elizabeth I?
(a) Philip and Alva.
(b) James and Alva.
(c) Howard and Ava.
(d) Henry and Ava.
14. Who did Elizabeth I want sent to England in order to protect him?
(a) Prince James.
(b) Prince Henry.
(c) Prince Philip.
(d) Prince William.
15. Who did Elizabeth I hope to negotiate peace with?
(b) No one.
(c) The Duke of Parma and Philip.
(d) The Pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event prompted the British to send troops to the Netherlands?
2. How old was Walter Raleigh when he arrived at Elizabeth's court?
3. Who was found to be part of the Franco-Scottish plot against Elizabeth I?
4. Who succeeded Charles IX?
5. Who refused the terms of Mary's restoration to the Throne?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)