|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was named Regent of the Kingdom of Scotland?
(a) The Earl of Eglington.
(b) The Earl of Moray.
(c) The Earl of Huntingdore.
(d) The Earl of Strathmore.
2. Who did Elizabeth I open talks with France to marry?
(a) The Duke of Normandy.
(b) The Duke of Anjou.
(c) The Duke of Beaufort.
(d) The Duke of Paris.
3. What did the massacre in Antwerp do for the Dutch people?
(a) United them against England.
(b) United them against Spain.
(c) United them against France.
(d) United them against the Roman Church.
4. Who joined the Spanish expedition that angered Elizabeth?
(a) Duke of Sidonia.
(b) Lord Howard.
(c) Robert, Earl of Essex.
(d) Francis Drake.
5. Who was executed on February 8, 1587?
(d) Mary of Scots.
6. When did Leicester die?
(a) September 14, 1588.
(b) September 4, 1588.
(c) September 4,1589.
(d) September 14, 1589.
7. Who succeeded Archbishop Parker?
(a) Edmond Grindal.
(b) Bishop Barlow.
(c) Archbishop Cranmer.
(d) Archbishop Hubert.
8. Who did Elizabeth I send Mary to after the Scottish announcement that they had proof of Mary's involvement in the murder plot?
(a) To France.
(b) To Spain.
(c) To Lord Scrope.
(d) To Duke of Norfolk.
9. What bill did Elizabeth I refuse to sign?
(a) A bill preventing Mary from entering the country.
(b) A bill to marry by the next year or be dethroned.
(c) A bill preventing Mary from ever being Queen of England.
(d) A bill preventing James from being King of England.
10. Who gave hope to the Catholics during the reign of Elizabeth I?
(c) Mary Queen of Scots.
(d) The Archbishop of Westminster.
11. How old was Walter Raleigh when he arrived at Elizabeth's court?
(a) Early 20's.
(b) Late 20's.
(c) Late teens.
12. Who did Philip authorize to negotiate with the British if Spain could NOT win a land battle?
(a) Regent of Parma.
(b) Baron of Parma.
(c) The Duke of Parma.
(d) Lord of Parma.
13. Where did Philip accept Protestantism?
14. Who was James taken prisoner by?
(a) Lord Essex.
(b) The French.
(c) The Lords Enterprise.
(d) The Earl of Sussex.
15. Who did Elizabeth I send to Scotland after Mary's capture?
(a) The Duke of Norfolk.
(b) The Earl of Essex.
(c) Sir Nicholas Throckmorton.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Elizabeth exchange gifts with her leading subjects?
2. Who refused the terms of Mary's restoration to the Throne?
3. When did Charles IX die?
4. When did Mary and Bothwell marry?
5. How many positions did the Queen control?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)