|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Archbishop Parker die?
(a) June 1575.
(b) May 1575.
(c) April 1575.
(d) July 1575.
2. Who did Leicester marry in 1578?
(a) The countess of Somerset.
(b) The countess of Essex.
(c) The countess of Howard.
(d) The countess of Norfolk.
3. What Rome envoy was captured and killed with other priests?
4. Who did Elizabeth I hope to negotiate peace with?
(a) The Duke of Parma and Philip.
(c) The Pope.
(d) No one.
5. What happened to James after his capture?
(a) He killed all of his captors.
(b) He blackmailed his captor.
(c) He escaped.
(d) He hid.
6. Who was found to be part of the Franco-Scottish plot against Elizabeth I?
(a) The Queen's physician.
(b) The Duke of York.
(c) The King of Spain.
7. What happened to Moray at the start of Chapter 8?
(a) He was excommunicated.
(b) He was assassinated.
(c) He was banished.
(d) He was taken prisoner.
8. How many Catholics were executed during Elizabeth I's reign?
9. Who wanted his daughter to be Queen of France?
(a) Charles V.
(c) Henry VII.
10. How many positions did the Queen control?
11. Who did Elizabeth I consider a threat for the unity of the Church?
(a) The poor.
(b) The Puritans.
(d) The Jews.
12. Who did Philip want to inherit England's throne?
(a) One of his nephews.
(b) One of his daughters.
(c) One of his sons.
(d) He wanted to inherit the throne himself.
13. What did Parliament expand in 1570?
(a) The definition of succession.
(b) The definition of treason.
(c) The requirements for successors.
(d) The duties of the Queen.
14. How many castles did Elizabeth I have?
15. Where did the British navy and the Spanish Armada fight after the failure of the peace treaty?
(a) The English Channel.
(b) The Atlantic.
(c) North Sea.
(d) Straits of Dover.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Elizabeth I open talks with France to marry?
2. Where did the British fleet land during their bid to invade Spain?
3. Why did Elizabeth I often change residences?
4. Who was executed on February 8, 1587?
5. Who refused the terms of Mary's restoration to the Throne?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)