|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Philip accept Protestantism?
2. Who was found to be part of the Franco-Scottish plot against Elizabeth I?
(a) The Queen's physician.
(b) The King of Spain.
(d) The Duke of York.
3. What did James of Scotland want?
(a) To rule with his mother.
(b) To continue on to English throne.
(c) To take Spain.
(d) To kill Elizabeth I.
4. What bill did Elizabeth I refuse to sign?
(a) A bill to marry by the next year or be dethroned.
(b) A bill preventing Mary from ever being Queen of England.
(c) A bill preventing Mary from entering the country.
(d) A bill preventing James from being King of England.
5. What did the government fear Catholics would do in case of an invasion of England?
(a) Kill Elizabeth I.
(b) Kill all of the Protestants.
(c) Side with Mary.
(d) Side with the Pope against the Queen.
6. Who succeeded Philip II when he died in September of 1598?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His son Philip III.
(c) His brother.
(d) His wife.
7. When did Leicester die?
(a) September 4,1589.
(b) September 4, 1588.
(c) September 14, 1589.
(d) September 14, 1588.
8. Who did Leicester marry in 1578?
(a) The countess of Somerset.
(b) The countess of Essex.
(c) The countess of Howard.
(d) The countess of Norfolk.
9. What was the Queen's largest palace?
(b) Royal Pavilion.
(c) Savoy Palace.
10. When was Norfolk executed?
(a) June 2, 1572.
(b) June 22, 1572.
(c) June 30, 1572.
(d) June 12, 1572.
11. What Rome envoy was captured and killed with other priests?
12. When did Darnley die according to Chapter 7?
(a) January 1567.
(b) March 1567.
(c) April 1567.
(d) February 1567.
13. What country wanted Mary restored to the throne of Scotland?
14. Who did Elizabeth I allow to enter Scotland with an army?
15. Who did the Duke of Norfolk attempt to unseat?
(c) The Privy Council.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many castles did Elizabeth I have?
2. Who succeeded Archbishop Parker?
3. Who did Elizabeth I send Mary to after the Scottish announcement that they had proof of Mary's involvement in the murder plot?
4. When did Archbishop Parker die?
5. Who did Elizabeth I hope to negotiate peace with?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)