|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the Duke of Norfolk attempt to unseat?
(d) The Privy Council.
2. Who did Elizabeth I send to Austria to negotiate with Archduke Charles?
(a) The Earl of Shrewsbury.
(b) The Earl of Hastings.
(c) The Earl of Essex.
(d) The Earl of Derby.
3. Who wanted his daughter to be Queen of France?
(a) Charles V.
(b) Henry VII.
4. Who did Elizabeth I hope to negotiate peace with?
(a) The Duke of Parma and Philip.
(c) No one.
(d) The Pope.
5. What honor did Elizabeth sparingly hand out according to Chapter 10?
6. When did Mary and Bothwell marry?
(a) May 5, 1567.
(b) May 15, 1567.
(c) May 25, 1567.
(d) May 1, 1567.
7. When was Norfolk arrested?
(a) October 1571.
(b) September 1571.
(c) August 1571.
(d) November 1751.
8. Who succeeded Philip II when he died in September of 1598?
(a) His wife.
(b) His son Philip III.
(c) His brother.
(d) His daughter.
9. When did Walter Raleigh arrive at Elizabeth's court?
10. Who was James taken prisoner by?
(a) Lord Essex.
(b) The Earl of Sussex.
(c) The Lords Enterprise.
(d) The French.
11. Who took control of Scotland?
(a) No one.
(b) Mary's supporters.
(c) James' supporters.
(d) Moray's supporters.
12. Who founded a seminary in 1568?
(a) Charles I.
(b) William Allen.
(c) George Calvert.
(d) David Calhoun.
13. What Rome envoy was captured and killed with other priests?
14. What happened to Moray at the start of Chapter 8?
(a) He was taken prisoner.
(b) He was assassinated.
(c) He was excommunicated.
(d) He was banished.
15. When did Pope Gregory want Philip to include England in invasion plans, according to Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when the British reached Lisbon that made them return to Britain?
2. When was Norfolk executed?
3. What did Parliament expand in 1570?
4. Why did Archduke Charles refuse to marry Elizabeth?
5. When did Archbishop Parker die?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)