|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took control of Scotland?
(a) No one.
(b) Moray's supporters.
(c) James' supporters.
(d) Mary's supporters.
2. When was Elizabeth I excommunicated?
3. Who was named Regent of the Kingdom of Scotland?
(a) The Earl of Moray.
(b) The Earl of Eglington.
(c) The Earl of Strathmore.
(d) The Earl of Huntingdore.
4. Where did the British fleet land during their bid to invade Spain?
5. What country wanted Mary restored to the throne of Scotland?
6. What were Elizabeth I's main London residences?
(a) Whitehall and Hampton Court.
(b) South Kensington.
(c) Clarence House.
(d) Buckingham Palace.
7. When did Elizabeth I visit various people in the Midland region?
(a) Winter of 1572.
(b) Spring of 1572.
(c) Summer of 1572.
(d) Autumn of 1572.
8. When did Elizabeth exchange gifts with her leading subjects?
(a) Christmas Day.
(b) Christmas Eve.
(c) Boxing Day.
(d) New Year's Day.
9. When did Archbishop Parker die?
(a) April 1575.
(b) May 1575.
(c) July 1575.
(d) June 1575.
10. Who did Elizabeth I fear would take power in France and strengthen Spain?
(a) The poor.
(b) The Puritans.
(c) The Catholic League.
(d) The rebels.
11. What Rome envoy was captured and killed with other priests?
12. When was Philip considering invading England?
13. When did Elizabeth I give Francis Drake permission to attack Spanish ships?
14. When did Pope Gregory want Philip to include England in invasion plans, according to Chapter 12?
15. Who succeeded Archbishop Parker?
(a) Edmond Grindal.
(b) Archbishop Hubert.
(c) Bishop Barlow.
(d) Archbishop Cranmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Parliament expand in 1570?
2. Who wanted his daughter to be Queen of France?
3. When did Elizabeth plan an expedition against Spain?
4. Who wanted to depose Elizabeth I?
5. How old was Robert, Earl of Essex in 1587?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)