|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Philip accept Protestantism?
2. What did France experience in September 1585?
(a) Industrial Revolution.
(b) Civil War.
3. What did the British government think Catholicism would do given enough time, according to Chapter 11?
(a) Expand throughout England.
(b) Move south.
(c) Experience a resurgence.
(d) Die out.
4. Who did Leicester marry in 1578?
(a) The countess of Somerset.
(b) The countess of Howard.
(c) The countess of Norfolk.
(d) The countess of Essex.
5. Where did the British navy and the Spanish Armada fight after the failure of the peace treaty?
(a) Straits of Dover.
(b) The Atlantic.
(c) North Sea.
(d) The English Channel.
6. When did Elizabeth plan an expedition against Spain?
7. Why did Elizabeth I often change residences?
(a) Because of the demand on the food supply.
(b) Because of the threat of rebellions.
(c) Because of boredom.
(d) Because of the stench of the court.
8. When did England and Spain hold peace talks?
9. When did Pope Gregory want Philip to include England in invasion plans, according to Chapter 12?
10. Who succeeded Charles IX?
(a) Henry I.
(b) Henry IV.
(c) Henry II.
(d) Henry III.
11. Who founded a seminary in 1568?
(a) William Allen.
(b) David Calhoun.
(c) George Calvert.
(d) Charles I.
12. Where did the British fleet land during their bid to invade Spain?
13. Who was executed on February 8, 1587?
(c) Mary of Scots.
14. How many positions did the Queen control?
15. What happened to James after his capture?
(a) He hid.
(b) He blackmailed his captor.
(c) He escaped.
(d) He killed all of his captors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Moray at the start of Chapter 8?
2. Who joined the Spanish expedition that angered Elizabeth?
3. Who did Elizabeth I fear would take power in France and strengthen Spain?
4. When was Elizabeth I excommunicated?
5. What Rome envoy was captured and killed with other priests?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)