|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Philip accept Protestantism?
2. When was Philip considering invading England?
3. What did Robert, Earl of Essex do to Elizabeth I, according to Chapter 13?
(a) He rejected her.
(b) He wooed her.
(c) He bribed her.
(d) He consoled her.
4. Who refused the terms of Mary's restoration to the Throne?
(a) King James.
(b) King Philip.
(c) Elizabeth I.
(d) King Henry.
5. What was the Queen's largest palace?
(c) Savoy Palace.
(d) Royal Pavilion.
6. When did Leicester die?
(a) September 14, 1589.
(b) September 14, 1588.
(c) September 4,1589.
(d) September 4, 1588.
7. Who was James taken prisoner by?
(a) The Earl of Sussex.
(b) The Lords Enterprise.
(c) The French.
(d) Lord Essex.
8. How old was Robert, Earl of Essex in 1587?
(a) 22 years old.
(b) 28 years old.
(c) 24 years old.
(d) 20 years old.
9. Who did the Duke of Norfolk attempt to unseat?
(d) The Privy Council.
10. Who succeeded Philip II when he died in September of 1598?
(a) His wife.
(b) His brother.
(c) His son Philip III.
(d) His daughter.
11. Who did Elizabeth I want sent to England in order to protect him?
(a) Prince James.
(b) Prince Philip.
(c) Prince Henry.
(d) Prince William.
12. Which author often performed for the Queen?
13. With what port did the British choose to replace the closed Dutch ports?
(d) Le Havre.
14. When did Walter Raleigh receive titles and favors from Elizabeth?
(a) April 1585.
(b) April 1582.
(c) April 1583.
(d) April 1584.
15. Who was named Regent of the Kingdom of Scotland?
(a) The Earl of Huntingdore.
(b) The Earl of Eglington.
(c) The Earl of Moray.
(d) The Earl of Strathmore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Elizabeth I send to Scotland after Mary's capture?
2. Who did Elizabeth I send Mary to after the Scottish announcement that they had proof of Mary's involvement in the murder plot?
3. Who gave hope to the Catholics during the reign of Elizabeth I?
4. Who took control of Scotland?
5. What happened to James after his capture?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)