|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Darnley die according to Chapter 7?
(a) February 1567.
(b) January 1567.
(c) April 1567.
(d) March 1567.
2. Who was executed on February 8, 1587?
(d) Mary of Scots.
3. Where did Philip accept Protestantism?
4. Who succeeded Archbishop Parker?
(a) Archbishop Hubert.
(b) Archbishop Cranmer.
(c) Edmond Grindal.
(d) Bishop Barlow.
5. What did the government fear Catholics would do in case of an invasion of England?
(a) Kill all of the Protestants.
(b) Side with Mary.
(c) Kill Elizabeth I.
(d) Side with the Pope against the Queen.
6. When was Elizabeth I excommunicated?
7. When did Elizabeth I visit various people in the Midland region?
(a) Summer of 1572.
(b) Autumn of 1572.
(c) Winter of 1572.
(d) Spring of 1572.
8. How old was Prince James when he was crowned?
(a) 13 months old.
(b) 23 months old.
(c) 10 months old.
(d) 3 months old.
9. Who did Elizabeth I consider a threat for the unity of the Church?
(b) The Puritans.
(c) The poor.
(d) The Jews.
10. How did Darnley die?
(a) His house exploded.
(b) He was shot.
(c) His house caught fire.
(d) He was executed.
11. How many positions did the Queen control?
12. What did Robert, Earl of Essex do to Elizabeth I, according to Chapter 13?
(a) He wooed her.
(b) He rejected her.
(c) He bribed her.
(d) He consoled her.
13. How old was Walter Raleigh when he arrived at Elizabeth's court?
(a) Late 20's.
(b) Early 20's.
(d) Late teens.
14. How many Catholics were executed during Elizabeth I's reign?
15. Who did the Duke of Norfolk attempt to unseat?
(b) The Privy Council.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refused the terms of Mary's restoration to the Throne?
2. What bill did Elizabeth I refuse to sign?
3. When was Philip considering invading England?
4. What did Parliament expand in 1570?
5. Who did Elizabeth I send Mary to after the Scottish announcement that they had proof of Mary's involvement in the murder plot?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)