|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Elizabeth I excommunicated?
2. Who did Elizabeth I send to Austria to negotiate with Archduke Charles?
(a) The Earl of Shrewsbury.
(b) The Earl of Hastings.
(c) The Earl of Essex.
(d) The Earl of Derby.
3. When did Elizabeth exchange gifts with her leading subjects?
(a) Boxing Day.
(b) New Year's Day.
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) Christmas Day.
4. How old was Walter Raleigh when he arrived at Elizabeth's court?
(a) Early 20's.
(b) Late 20's.
(c) Late teens.
5. What were Elizabeth I's main London residences?
(a) Whitehall and Hampton Court.
(b) South Kensington.
(c) Clarence House.
(d) Buckingham Palace.
6. Who did Philip want to inherit England's throne?
(a) One of his sons.
(b) One of his nephews.
(c) One of his daughters.
(d) He wanted to inherit the throne himself.
7. Who wanted his daughter to be Queen of France?
(c) Charles V.
(d) Henry VII.
8. Who ordered the massacre of Protestants in France in 1572?
(a) The Pope.
(b) Marie Francoise.
(c) Marie D'Albert.
(d) Catherine de Medici.
9. Why did Archduke Charles refuse to marry Elizabeth?
(a) He refused to move.
(b) He did not want to convert.
(c) He did not want to be married.
(d) He did not like her.
10. What did the government fear Catholics would do in case of an invasion of England?
(a) Kill Elizabeth I.
(b) Kill all of the Protestants.
(c) Side with the Pope against the Queen.
(d) Side with Mary.
11. Where did the British navy and the Spanish Armada fight after the failure of the peace treaty?
(a) The Atlantic.
(b) North Sea.
(c) Straits of Dover.
(d) The English Channel.
12. What Rome envoy was captured and killed with other priests?
13. When did Elizabeth plan an expedition against Spain?
14. Who was found to be part of the Franco-Scottish plot against Elizabeth I?
(a) The King of Spain.
(b) The Duke of York.
(c) The Queen's physician.
15. Who wanted to depose Elizabeth I?
(a) Howard and Ava.
(b) James and Alva.
(c) Henry and Ava.
(d) Philip and Alva.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joined the Spanish expedition that angered Elizabeth?
2. How many houses did Elizabeth have?
3. Who succeeded Archbishop Parker?
4. When did Pope Gregory want Philip to include England in invasion plans, according to Chapter 12?
5. With what port did the British choose to replace the closed Dutch ports?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)