|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Philip accept Protestantism?
2. When was Norfolk executed?
(a) June 30, 1572.
(b) June 12, 1572.
(c) June 2, 1572.
(d) June 22, 1572.
3. Who refused the terms of Mary's restoration to the Throne?
(a) King James.
(b) King Henry.
(c) Elizabeth I.
(d) King Philip.
4. Who did Elizabeth I fear would take power in France and strengthen Spain?
(a) The rebels.
(b) The Catholic League.
(c) The Puritans.
(d) The poor.
5. Where did Essex meet King Henry?
6. How many castles did Elizabeth I have?
7. How many Catholics were executed during Elizabeth I's reign?
8. What did the British government think Catholicism would do given enough time, according to Chapter 11?
(a) Experience a resurgence.
(b) Expand throughout England.
(c) Die out.
(d) Move south.
9. How old was Prince James when he was crowned?
(a) 23 months old.
(b) 3 months old.
(c) 13 months old.
(d) 10 months old.
10. What did Parliament expand in 1570?
(a) The definition of succession.
(b) The requirements for successors.
(c) The duties of the Queen.
(d) The definition of treason.
11. Who did Elizabeth I send to Austria to negotiate with Archduke Charles?
(a) The Earl of Shrewsbury.
(b) The Earl of Derby.
(c) The Earl of Essex.
(d) The Earl of Hastings.
12. When did England and Spain hold peace talks?
13. Who was named Regent of the Kingdom of Scotland?
(a) The Earl of Strathmore.
(b) The Earl of Eglington.
(c) The Earl of Huntingdore.
(d) The Earl of Moray.
14. Who succeeded Philip II when he died in September of 1598?
(a) His son Philip III.
(b) His wife.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His brother.
15. When did Archbishop Parker die?
(a) April 1575.
(b) June 1575.
(c) July 1575.
(d) May 1575.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Elizabeth I consider a threat for the unity of the Church?
2. What did Elizabeth I accept to do for Charles IX?
3. How did Darnley die?
4. When did Elizabeth I visit various people in the Midland region?
5. Who took control of Scotland?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)