|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Elizabeth I's main London residences?
(a) Clarence House.
(b) Buckingham Palace.
(c) South Kensington.
(d) Whitehall and Hampton Court.
2. When did Elizabeth I visit various people in the Midland region?
(a) Autumn of 1572.
(b) Summer of 1572.
(c) Spring of 1572.
(d) Winter of 1572.
3. When did Elizabeth exchange gifts with her leading subjects?
(a) Christmas Day.
(b) Boxing Day.
(c) New Year's Day.
(d) Christmas Eve.
4. How many houses did Elizabeth have?
5. Who did Elizabeth I hope to negotiate peace with?
(a) The Pope.
(b) No one.
(d) The Duke of Parma and Philip.
6. What did James of Scotland want?
(a) To rule with his mother.
(b) To continue on to English throne.
(c) To kill Elizabeth I.
(d) To take Spain.
7. Where did Essex meet King Henry?
8. Who did Elizabeth I send to Austria to negotiate with Archduke Charles?
(a) The Earl of Shrewsbury.
(b) The Earl of Essex.
(c) The Earl of Derby.
(d) The Earl of Hastings.
9. Who did Elizabeth I want sent to England in order to protect him?
(a) Prince William.
(b) Prince James.
(c) Prince Henry.
(d) Prince Philip.
10. Who did Elizabeth I fear would take power in France and strengthen Spain?
(a) The Puritans.
(b) The Catholic League.
(c) The rebels.
(d) The poor.
11. Who did Philip want to inherit England's throne?
(a) He wanted to inherit the throne himself.
(b) One of his sons.
(c) One of his nephews.
(d) One of his daughters.
12. What did Parliament expand in 1570?
(a) The definition of treason.
(b) The definition of succession.
(c) The duties of the Queen.
(d) The requirements for successors.
13. What did Robert, Earl of Essex do to Elizabeth I, according to Chapter 13?
(a) He rejected her.
(b) He consoled her.
(c) He bribed her.
(d) He wooed her.
14. Who succeeded Philip II when he died in September of 1598?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His wife.
(c) His son Philip III.
(d) His brother.
15. What did the British government think Catholicism would do given enough time, according to Chapter 11?
(a) Die out.
(b) Experience a resurgence.
(c) Expand throughout England.
(d) Move south.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refused the terms of Mary's restoration to the Throne?
2. Who did Elizabeth I open talks with France to marry?
3. What did Elizabeth I accept to do for Charles IX?
4. What did Alencon become in 1580?
5. What event prompted the British to send troops to the Netherlands?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)