|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Elizabeth I give Francis Drake permission to attack Spanish ships?
2. Who succeeded Philip II when he died in September of 1598?
(a) His brother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His son Philip III.
(d) His daughter.
3. What was the Queen's largest palace?
(a) Savoy Palace.
(d) Royal Pavilion.
4. When did Walter Raleigh receive titles and favors from Elizabeth?
(a) April 1582.
(b) April 1585.
(c) April 1583.
(d) April 1584.
5. When did Charles IX die?
(a) April 1574.
(b) March 1574.
(c) June 1574.
(d) May 1574.
6. What did Elizabeth I accept to do for Charles IX?
(a) Be his witness.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Be his son's godmother.
(d) Be his daughter's godmother.
7. Who was found to be part of the Franco-Scottish plot against Elizabeth I?
(a) The Queen's physician.
(b) The Duke of York.
(d) The King of Spain.
8. When did England and Spain hold peace talks?
9. Who was executed on February 8, 1587?
(c) Mary of Scots.
10. How many houses did Elizabeth have?
11. What did Parliament expand in 1570?
(a) The definition of treason.
(b) The requirements for successors.
(c) The definition of succession.
(d) The duties of the Queen.
12. When did Elizabeth I visit various people in the Midland region?
(a) Summer of 1572.
(b) Winter of 1572.
(c) Autumn of 1572.
(d) Spring of 1572.
13. How old was Walter Raleigh when he arrived at Elizabeth's court?
(a) Late teens.
(b) Late 20's.
(c) Early 20's.
14. How many Catholics were executed during Elizabeth I's reign?
15. What Rome envoy was captured and killed with other priests?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Mary and Bothwell marry?
2. Where did Philip accept Protestantism?
3. Where did the British navy and the Spanish Armada fight after the failure of the peace treaty?
4. Who did Elizabeth I allow to enter Scotland with an army?
5. Why did Elizabeth I often change residences?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)