|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Elizabeth I open talks with France to marry?
(a) The Duke of Normandy.
(b) The Duke of Anjou.
(c) The Duke of Paris.
(d) The Duke of Beaufort.
2. What did James of Scotland want?
(a) To rule with his mother.
(b) To kill Elizabeth I.
(c) To take Spain.
(d) To continue on to English throne.
3. Who joined the Spanish expedition that angered Elizabeth?
(a) Francis Drake.
(b) Lord Howard.
(c) Duke of Sidonia.
(d) Robert, Earl of Essex.
4. What event prompted the British to send troops to the Netherlands?
(a) A massacre.
(b) The capture of James.
(c) The death of Mary Queen of Scots.
(d) The death of the Prince of Orange.
5. Who took control of Scotland?
(a) Moray's supporters.
(b) No one.
(c) James' supporters.
(d) Mary's supporters.
6. What happened to Moray at the start of Chapter 8?
(a) He was assassinated.
(b) He was taken prisoner.
(c) He was banished.
(d) He was excommunicated.
7. Who did Elizabeth I finance the mercenaries of?
(a) John Herman.
(b) German John Casmir.
(c) Philip Drake.
(d) Mark Starvians.
8. What did the massacre in Antwerp do for the Dutch people?
(a) United them against the Roman Church.
(b) United them against England.
(c) United them against Spain.
(d) United them against France.
9. Who was found to be part of the Franco-Scottish plot against Elizabeth I?
(b) The Duke of York.
(c) The King of Spain.
(d) The Queen's physician.
10. Which author often performed for the Queen?
11. With what port did the British choose to replace the closed Dutch ports?
(c) Le Havre.
12. How many positions did the Queen control?
13. What did Alencon become in 1580?
(a) Prince of Scotland.
(b) Prince of Spain.
(c) Prince of the Netherlands.
(d) Prince of France.
14. What happened when the British reached Lisbon that made them return to Britain?
(a) They lost their money ship.
(b) They found the Spanish army to be twice as large as theirs.
(c) They could not find food.
(d) The population didn't support them.
15. Who wanted his daughter to be Queen of France?
(b) Charles V.
(d) Henry VII.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was executed on February 8, 1587?
2. Who did Elizabeth I send Mary to after the Scottish announcement that they had proof of Mary's involvement in the murder plot?
3. When was Norfolk arrested?
4. What country wanted Mary restored to the throne of Scotland?
5. How many Catholics were executed during Elizabeth I's reign?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)