|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Elizabeth's companion even as his wife was in the country?
(a) Lord Dudley.
(b) Lord Norfolk.
(c) Lord Essex.
(d) Lord Sussex.
2. Who was the mother of Henry VIII's son, Edward?
(a) Jane Seymour.
(b) Catherine Parr.
(c) Mary Stewart.
(d) Anne Boleyn.
3. Where did Mary Queen of Scots live since the death of her husband?
4. Who was supposed to rule England during Edward's minority according to Chapter 2?
(b) The Privy Council.
(c) Henry VIII's brother.
5. Why was there an interest in Elizabeth I marrying?
(a) She was ill.
(b) She was getting old.
(c) She was not able to have children.
(d) She refused to name a successor.
6. Who pressured Elizabeth I to marry and name a successor?
(a) The King of France.
(d) Duke of Essex.
7. When did Edward contract tuberculosis?
8. What did Elizabeth contract in 1562?
(b) German measles.
(c) Small pox.
9. Who continued his pursuit of Elizabeth I as she was looking for a husband?
(a) Earl of Sussex.
(c) Duke of Norfolk.
(d) Lord Essex.
10. Who did Henry VIII marry in January 1533?
(a) Catherine de Medici.
(b) Anne Boleyn.
(c) Catherine Parr.
(d) Jane Seymour.
11. Why did foreigners refuse British coins?
(a) They did not contain enough precious metal.
(b) They were not heavy enough.
(c) They did not have the Queen's stamp.
(d) There was no gold.
12. When did Mary marry?
(a) July 6, 1554.
(b) July 30, 1554.
(c) July 26, 1554.
(d) July 16, 1554.
13. What did Cecil and Elizabeth I do to fight the financial crisis?
(a) Lowered the value of the British coins.
(b) Lowered the value of other country's coins in England.
(c) Made the value of British coins higher.
(d) Made a coin with the Queen's stamp.
14. Who hosted lavish parties in order to impress the Queen?
(a) Dudley and Pickering.
(b) Arundel and Pickering.
(c) Arundel and Sussex.
(d) Summersby and Norfolk.
15. What happened to Dudley's wife?
(a) She was found dead.
(b) She left him.
(c) She was killed.
(d) She went missing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Mary's adviser in 1553?
2. Who was the only person without any stigma of illegitimacy that could have access the throne?
3. Who did Mary want to marry?
4. What did Parliament do after meeting in 1553?
5. Who did Elizabeth I name to be protector of the kingdom in case she was incapacitated for a long period of time?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)