|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Elizabeth I stay after living in the Tower for a week?
(a) Wyndham Palace.
(b) Somerset House.
(c) Richmond Park.
(d) Whitehall Palace.
2. Who was Mary's adviser in 1553?
(a) Simon Renard.
(b) King of Spain.
(c) Duke of Canterbury.
(d) Baron of Essex.
3. What did women in the 16th century have little of?
4. Why did Mary resent Elizabeth according to Chapter 3?
(a) Because she was more beautiful.
(b) Because of her influence at the court.
(c) Because she was Protestant.
(d) Because of the way Henry VIII treated her mother.
5. What terms were in the treaty between France and England over Scotland?
(a) Mary would renounce the Scottish throne.
(b) Mary would marry Lord Dudley.
(c) Mary would not claim the English throne.
(d) Mary would leave England.
6. What did Elizabeth contract in 1562?
(c) Small pox.
(d) German measles.
7. When did Edward contract tuberculosis?
8. What did Elizabeth I respond to the rumors of her having many lovers?
(a) That she refused to comment on her personal life.
(b) That it was none of their business.
(c) That it was true.
(d) That she was never alone so it would be impossible.
9. What did Parliament do after meeting in 1553?
(a) Revoked Henry VIII's divorce of Catherine of Aragon.
(b) Reinstated Catholicism as the official religion.
(c) Revoked Elizabeth's right to the throne.
(d) Banished Mary from England.
10. What did Cecil and Elizabeth I do to fight the financial crisis?
(a) Made the value of British coins higher.
(b) Lowered the value of the British coins.
(c) Made a coin with the Queen's stamp.
(d) Lowered the value of other country's coins in England.
11. What was Mary warned about Elizabeth when she met her?
(a) That she was good for the people.
(b) That she was a danger.
(c) That she would want to steal her husband.
(d) That she would be a rebel.
12. When was the rebellion against Mary planned?
(a) June 1554.
(b) March 1554.
(c) April 1554.
(d) February 1554.
13. What did Cecil think was the only solution to squash Mary's claim to the throne?
(a) To name her illegitimate.
(b) To grant her a divorce.
(c) To execute her.
(d) To marry.
14. When did Henry VIII die?
(a) January 28, 1547.
(b) January 1, 1547.
(c) February 28, 1547.
(d) January 28, 1548.
15. Who had himself appointed Lord Protector and Governor?
(a) Edward, Earl of Sussex.
(b) James, Lord Essex.
(c) Edward, Earl of Hertford.
(d) The Duke of Norfolk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pressured Elizabeth I to marry and name a successor?
2. Who did Mary want to marry?
3. Where did Mary Queen of Scots live since the death of her husband?
4. When did Mary marry?
5. What happened to Katherine and Mary after Elizabeth I learned of their secret marriage?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)