|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country was Mary Queen of Scots also the Queen of?
2. What happened in Newhaven in 1563?
(a) Malaria outbreak.
(b) Tuberculosis outbreak.
(c) The plague.
(d) Dysentery outbreak.
3. Who did Elizabeth I first stay with after arriving in London?
(a) Lord North.
(b) Lord Notting.
(c) Lord Norton.
(d) Lord Richmond.
4. Who was Emperor Charles V?
(a) Catherine of Aragon's nephew.
(b) Henry VIII's brother.
(c) Elizabeth's cousin once removed.
(d) Catherine of Aragon's brother.
5. Who did Elizabeth Iselect as Archbishop of Canterbury?
(a) Matthew Parker.
(b) Matthew Pason.
(c) Matthew Parkson.
(d) Matthew Parks.
6. What did Parliament do after meeting in 1553?
(a) Reinstated Catholicism as the official religion.
(b) Revoked Elizabeth's right to the throne.
(c) Revoked Henry VIII's divorce of Catherine of Aragon.
(d) Banished Mary from England.
7. Who did Henry VIII marry in January 1533?
(a) Catherine de Medici.
(b) Anne Boleyn.
(c) Jane Seymour.
(d) Catherine Parr.
8. Who thought that Darnley marrying Mary would strengthen Mary's claim to the throne?
(b) Elizabeth I.
(c) The Privy Council.
9. What was the Privy Council in charge of?
(a) Implementing policies.
(b) Uncovering plots.
(c) Creating policies.
(d) Finding a spouse for Elizabeth I.
10. Who was supposed to rule England during Edward's minority according to Chapter 2?
(a) Henry VIII's brother.
(b) The Privy Council.
11. Where did Elizabeth I stay after living in the Tower for a week?
(a) Somerset House.
(b) Wyndham Palace.
(c) Richmond Park.
(d) Whitehall Palace.
12. When was Elizabeth proclaimed Queen according to Chapter 4?
(a) November 12, 1558.
(b) November 10, 1558.
(c) November 17, 1558.
(d) November 2, 1558.
13. Who did Baron Seymour of Sudeley marry?
(a) Katherine Parr.
(d) Anne Boleyn.
14. Where was Henry's daughter Elizabeth sent to live?
15. What was Cecil pressuring Elizabeth I to do?
(a) Name a successor.
(b) Marry and produce an heir.
(c) Name Mary as successor.
(d) Become pregnant without a husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Rome's envoy to England?
2. When did Mary die?
3. Who pressured Elizabeth I to marry and name a successor?
4. What did Elizabeth I say she would refuse to give her husband?
5. What terms were in the treaty between France and England over Scotland?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)