|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the planned rebellion against Mary moved up by two months?
(a) Elizabeth backed out.
(b) The government did not think it would work.
(c) Mary changed her plans for that day.
(d) The government started to investigate the plot.
2. Who plotted against Mary's wedding plans?
(b) Philip of Spain.
(d) Edward Courtenay.
3. Who did Elizabeth I reject as a husband because he was too young?
(a) The King of Portugal.
(b) The King of Spain.
(c) The King of France.
(d) She did not reject a husband because of his age.
4. What country was Mary Queen of Scots also the Queen of?
5. When was the rebellion against Mary planned?
(a) February 1554.
(b) June 1554.
(c) March 1554.
(d) April 1554.
6. Who declared Henry VIII's marriage to Catherine invalid?
(a) The Bishop of Westminster.
(b) The Archbishop of London.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The Archbishop of Canterbury.
7. When did Queen Dowager die?
8. What did Elizabeth I do to force Darnley to return to England?
(a) She imprisoned his brother.
(b) She imprisoned his mother.
(c) She imprisoned his father.
(d) She imprisoned his sister.
9. When did Mary marry?
(a) July 16, 1554.
(b) July 6, 1554.
(c) July 30, 1554.
(d) July 26, 1554.
10. What did Elizabeth I decide her husband had to be, according to Chapter 4?
(c) A widower.
(d) Of royal blood.
11. What did Elizabeth do to appease Mary?
(a) She ostentatiously adopted the Catholic religion.
(b) She left the court.
(c) She banished her entourage.
(d) She signed off on her claim to the throne.
12. Why did Mary resent Elizabeth according to Chapter 3?
(a) Because of the way Henry VIII treated her mother.
(b) Because of her influence at the court.
(c) Because she was Protestant.
(d) Because she was more beautiful.
13. Where was Henry's daughter Elizabeth sent to live?
14. What did Elizabeth I respond to the rumors of her having many lovers?
(a) That she was never alone so it would be impossible.
(b) That it was true.
(c) That she refused to comment on her personal life.
(d) That it was none of their business.
15. Who did Mary want to marry?
(a) Philip of Portugal.
(b) Henry X of England.
(c) Henry of France.
(d) Philip of Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Elizabeth I formally crowned Queen?
2. Who thought that Darnley marrying Mary would strengthen Mary's claim to the throne?
3. Why did foreigners refuse British coins?
4. Why did Leicester want Mary to marry Darnley?
5. Who was Mary's adviser in 1553?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)