Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Elizabeth proclaimed Queen according to Chapter 4?
(a) November 17, 1558.
(b) November 12, 1558.
(c) November 10, 1558.
(d) November 2, 1558.
2. Who did Mary want to marry?
(a) Henry X of England.
(b) Philip of Portugal.
(c) Henry of France.
(d) Philip of Spain.
3. What was Cecil pressuring Elizabeth I to do?
(a) Name a successor.
(b) Marry and produce an heir.
(c) Name Mary as successor.
(d) Become pregnant without a husband.
4. What did Elizabeth I decide her husband had to be, according to Chapter 4?
(b) A widower.
(d) Of royal blood.
5. Where did Mary leave for after learning of her impending arrest?
6. Who was Emperor Charles V?
(a) Elizabeth's cousin once removed.
(b) Henry VIII's brother.
(c) Catherine of Aragon's brother.
(d) Catherine of Aragon's nephew.
7. Where was Elizabeth I formally crowned Queen?
(a) Richmond Wallace.
(b) Westminster Abbey.
(c) Whitehall Palace.
(d) Tower of London.
8. Why did Mary resent Elizabeth according to Chapter 3?
(a) Because she was Protestant.
(b) Because of her influence at the court.
(c) Because she was more beautiful.
(d) Because of the way Henry VIII treated her mother.
9. Why did Leicester want Mary to marry Darnley?
(a) He didn't want to be paired with Mary.
(b) Leicester wanted to prevent Darnley from marrying Elizabeth.
(c) Darnley was under his control.
(d) Leicester wanted to marry Darnley's sister.
10. Who was Elizabeth's governess?
(a) Mary Ashley.
(b) Ashley Martin.
(c) Ashley Tudor.
(d) Kat Ashley.
11. What was the name of the daughter of Catherine of Aragon?
12. What happened in Newhaven in 1563?
(a) Malaria outbreak.
(b) Dysentery outbreak.
(c) The plague.
(d) Tuberculosis outbreak.
13. Who was Mary's adviser in 1553?
(a) King of Spain.
(b) Simon Renard.
(c) Duke of Canterbury.
(d) Baron of Essex.
14. What interested Mary Queen of Scots in Chapter 6?
(a) Having Elizabeth visit.
(c) Going to England.
15. What law did Elizabeth want the Parliament to pass?
(a) A law protecting Elizabeth from being overthrown.
(b) A law preventing Protestants from being persecuted.
(c) A law banning Mary from the country.
(d) A law preventing Protestants from marrying Catholics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Anne Boleyn after her trial for adultery?
2. Who did Elizabeth study with?
3. What capacity was Sir William Cecil appointed to?
4. When did Queen Dowager die?
5. When did Mary marry?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)