|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did foreigners refuse British coins?
(a) There was no gold.
(b) They did not have the Queen's stamp.
(c) They were not heavy enough.
(d) They did not contain enough precious metal.
2. Who hosted lavish parties in order to impress the Queen?
(a) Arundel and Sussex.
(b) Arundel and Pickering.
(c) Summersby and Norfolk.
(d) Dudley and Pickering.
3. What did women in the 16th century have little of?
4. When did Mary marry?
(a) July 30, 1554.
(b) July 16, 1554.
(c) July 6, 1554.
(d) July 26, 1554.
5. Who continued his pursuit of Elizabeth I as she was looking for a husband?
(a) Earl of Sussex.
(c) Duke of Norfolk.
(d) Lord Essex.
6. When was Elizabeth proclaimed Queen according to Chapter 4?
(a) November 12, 1558.
(b) November 10, 1558.
(c) November 17, 1558.
(d) November 2, 1558.
7. What did Cecil and Elizabeth I do to fight the financial crisis?
(a) Lowered the value of other country's coins in England.
(b) Lowered the value of the British coins.
(c) Made a coin with the Queen's stamp.
(d) Made the value of British coins higher.
8. What would have been the only positive thing that Elizabeth I would gain by taking a husband?
(a) A release from the stress of power.
(b) An heir.
(c) A lover.
(d) It would have stopped the Privy Council's request.
9. Who did Mary want to marry?
(a) Henry of France.
(b) Henry X of England.
(c) Philip of Spain.
(d) Philip of Portugal.
10. What was Mary warned about Elizabeth when she met her?
(a) That she was good for the people.
(b) That she was a danger.
(c) That she would want to steal her husband.
(d) That she would be a rebel.
11. Where did Mary leave for after learning of her impending arrest?
12. What happened to Dudley's wife?
(a) She was found dead.
(b) She went missing.
(c) She was killed.
(d) She left him.
13. What did Elizabeth I respond to the rumors of her having many lovers?
(a) That it was none of their business.
(b) That she was never alone so it would be impossible.
(c) That she refused to comment on her personal life.
(d) That it was true.
14. Why was there an interest in Elizabeth I marrying?
(a) She was getting old.
(b) She refused to name a successor.
(c) She was ill.
(d) She was not able to have children.
15. Why did Mary resent Elizabeth according to Chapter 3?
(a) Because she was Protestant.
(b) Because of her influence at the court.
(c) Because of the way Henry VIII treated her mother.
(d) Because she was more beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mary Queen of Scots live since the death of her husband?
2. What did Elizabeth I do to force Darnley to return to England?
3. Who was Emperor Charles V?
4. Why did Leicester want Mary to marry Darnley?
5. What law did Elizabeth want the Parliament to pass?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)