|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Elizabeth I give to Dudley to make him more interesting in Mary's eyes?
(a) The title of Earl.
(b) The title of Duke.
(c) The title of Regent.
(d) The title of Governor.
2. Why was there an interest in Elizabeth I marrying?
(a) She refused to name a successor.
(b) She was not able to have children.
(c) She was ill.
(d) She was getting old.
3. What did Elizabeth contract in 1562?
(a) German measles.
(c) Small pox.
4. Where did Mary leave for after learning of her impending arrest?
5. Who was Emperor Charles V?
(a) Elizabeth's cousin once removed.
(b) Catherine of Aragon's brother.
(c) Catherine of Aragon's nephew.
(d) Henry VIII's brother.
6. Why was the planned rebellion against Mary moved up by two months?
(a) Elizabeth backed out.
(b) The government started to investigate the plot.
(c) Mary changed her plans for that day.
(d) The government did not think it would work.
7. What did Elizabeth I say she would refuse to give her husband?
(b) A house.
(c) The right to have mistresses.
(d) Any of her power.
8. What did women in the 16th century have little of?
9. When was Elizabeth proclaimed Queen according to Chapter 4?
(a) November 2, 1558.
(b) November 12, 1558.
(c) November 10, 1558.
(d) November 17, 1558.
10. Who did Elizabeth I name to be protector of the kingdom in case she was incapacitated for a long period of time?
(b) Privy Council.
11. What did Elizabeth I respond to the rumors of her having many lovers?
(a) That it was true.
(b) That she was never alone so it would be impossible.
(c) That she refused to comment on her personal life.
(d) That it was none of their business.
12. What did Elizabeth do to appease Mary?
(a) She ostentatiously adopted the Catholic religion.
(b) She banished her entourage.
(c) She left the court.
(d) She signed off on her claim to the throne.
13. Who was France's regent in 1562?
(a) Catherine de Medicis.
(b) Catherine of Valois.
(c) Catherine of Aquitaine.
(d) Catherine of Aragon.
14. Who had himself appointed Lord Protector and Governor?
(a) Edward, Earl of Sussex.
(b) Edward, Earl of Hertford.
(c) James, Lord Essex.
(d) The Duke of Norfolk.
15. Where was Elizabeth sent after she lived with Baron Seymour of Sudeley?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Mary proclaimed Queen of England?
2. What did Cecil and Elizabeth I do to fight the financial crisis?
3. Who was supposed to rule England during Edward's minority according to Chapter 2?
4. When was Elizabeth I formally crowned Queen?
5. What was Mary warned about Elizabeth when she met her?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)