|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was James born?
(a) June 1566.
(b) July 1566.
(c) August 1566.
(d) May 1566.
2. What country was Mary Queen of Scots also the Queen of?
3. What did Elizabeth I decide her husband had to be, according to Chapter 4?
(a) A widower.
(c) Of royal blood.
4. What did Elizabeth I give to Dudley to make him more interesting in Mary's eyes?
(a) The title of Duke.
(b) The title of Earl.
(c) The title of Regent.
(d) The title of Governor.
5. What happened in Newhaven in 1563?
(a) Malaria outbreak.
(b) Dysentery outbreak.
(c) Tuberculosis outbreak.
(d) The plague.
6. What law did Elizabeth want the Parliament to pass?
(a) A law preventing Protestants from marrying Catholics.
(b) A law banning Mary from the country.
(c) A law preventing Protestants from being persecuted.
(d) A law protecting Elizabeth from being overthrown.
7. What was Cecil pressuring Elizabeth I to do?
(a) Name Mary as successor.
(b) Marry and produce an heir.
(c) Become pregnant without a husband.
(d) Name a successor.
8. Who was Elizabeth's companion even as his wife was in the country?
(a) Lord Norfolk.
(b) Lord Dudley.
(c) Lord Essex.
(d) Lord Sussex.
9. What interested Mary Queen of Scots in Chapter 6?
(c) Going to England.
(d) Having Elizabeth visit.
10. What was the Privy Council in charge of?
(a) Uncovering plots.
(b) Finding a spouse for Elizabeth I.
(c) Implementing policies.
(d) Creating policies.
11. Who plotted against Mary's wedding plans?
(a) Edward Courtenay.
(d) Philip of Spain.
12. What did women in the 16th century have little of?
13. Who did Henry VIII need to have approval from to have his marriage dissolved, according to Chapter 1?
(a) The Queen Mother.
(b) His personal chaplain.
(d) Pope Clement VII.
14. Who declared Henry VIII's marriage to Catherine invalid?
(a) The Bishop of Westminster.
(b) The Archbishop of Canterbury.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The Archbishop of London.
15. Who had himself appointed Lord Protector and Governor?
(a) Edward, Earl of Hertford.
(b) The Duke of Norfolk.
(c) Edward, Earl of Sussex.
(d) James, Lord Essex.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the daughter of Catherine of Aragon?
2. Why was the planned rebellion against Mary moved up by two months?
3. What did Elizabeth do to appease Mary?
4. What did Cecil and Elizabeth I do to fight the financial crisis?
5. Where did Elizabeth I stay after living in the Tower for a week?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)