|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Queen Dowager die?
2. Who thought that Darnley marrying Mary would strengthen Mary's claim to the throne?
(a) Elizabeth I.
(d) The Privy Council.
3. How old was Elizabeth when she was crowned Queen?
(a) 23 years old.
(b) 22 years old.
(c) 26 years old.
(d) 25 years old.
4. When was James born?
(a) May 1566.
(b) July 1566.
(c) August 1566.
(d) June 1566.
5. Who plotted against Mary's wedding plans?
(a) Edward Courtenay.
(d) Philip of Spain.
6. Where did Mary leave for after learning of her impending arrest?
7. Where was Elizabeth sent after she lived with Baron Seymour of Sudeley?
8. What treaty did Cecil negotiate that displeased Elizabeth I according to Chapter 5?
(a) The Treaty of Blois.
(b) The Treaty of Edinburgh.
(c) The Treaty of Rouen.
(d) The Treaty of Madrid.
9. What did Cecil and Elizabeth I do to fight the financial crisis?
(a) Lowered the value of other country's coins in England.
(b) Made the value of British coins higher.
(c) Lowered the value of the British coins.
(d) Made a coin with the Queen's stamp.
10. Who did Elizabeth I name to be protector of the kingdom in case she was incapacitated for a long period of time?
(d) Privy Council.
11. Who did Elizabeth study with?
(a) Mark Grisham.
(b) Roger Ascham.
(c) Lord Sussex.
(d) Duke of Norfolk.
12. Who did Elizabeth I reject as a husband because he was too young?
(a) The King of France.
(b) The King of Spain.
(c) She did not reject a husband because of his age.
(d) The King of Portugal.
13. What did Elizabeth I do to force Darnley to return to England?
(a) She imprisoned his brother.
(b) She imprisoned his sister.
(c) She imprisoned his mother.
(d) She imprisoned his father.
14. What did Elizabeth I respond to the rumors of her having many lovers?
(a) That it was none of their business.
(b) That she refused to comment on her personal life.
(c) That it was true.
(d) That she was never alone so it would be impossible.
15. Who ousted the Lord Protector?
(a) Lord Essex.
(b) Duke of Wellington.
(c) John Dudley.
(d) Lord Sussex.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would happen if Elizabeth I was to marry Dudley?
2. What terms were in the treaty between France and England over Scotland?
3. What did Elizabeth I decide her husband had to be, according to Chapter 4?
4. What capacity was Sir William Cecil appointed to?
5. What happened to Dudley's wife?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)