|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What treaty did Cecil negotiate that displeased Elizabeth I according to Chapter 5?
(a) The Treaty of Edinburgh.
(b) The Treaty of Rouen.
(c) The Treaty of Madrid.
(d) The Treaty of Blois.
2. What would have been the only positive thing that Elizabeth I would gain by taking a husband?
(a) It would have stopped the Privy Council's request.
(b) An heir.
(c) A lover.
(d) A release from the stress of power.
3. What did Cecil and Elizabeth I do to fight the financial crisis?
(a) Made a coin with the Queen's stamp.
(b) Made the value of British coins higher.
(c) Lowered the value of other country's coins in England.
(d) Lowered the value of the British coins.
4. What did Elizabeth I decide her husband had to be, according to Chapter 4?
(c) Of royal blood.
(d) A widower.
5. When was the rebellion against Mary planned?
(a) June 1554.
(b) March 1554.
(c) February 1554.
(d) April 1554.
6. Who was the only person without any stigma of illegitimacy that could have access the throne?
(a) Mary of the Scots.
(b) Philip of Spain.
(c) The Dowager Queen.
(d) James of Scots.
7. Who was supposed to rule England during Edward's minority according to Chapter 2?
(b) Henry VIII's brother.
(c) The Privy Council.
8. Who pressured Elizabeth I to marry and name a successor?
(c) Duke of Essex.
(d) The King of France.
9. When did Darnley marry Mary?
(a) July 29, 1565.
(b) July 2, 1565.
(c) July 9, 1565.
(d) July 19, 1565.
10. When was Elizabeth I formally crowned Queen?
(a) January 25, 1559.
(b) January 5, 1559.
(c) January 15, 1559.
(d) January 10, 1559.
11. When was James born?
(a) May 1566.
(b) July 1566.
(c) August 1566.
(d) June 1566.
12. Who did Mary want to marry?
(a) Philip of Portugal.
(b) Philip of Spain.
(c) Henry X of England.
(d) Henry of France.
13. What interested Mary Queen of Scots in Chapter 6?
(b) Having Elizabeth visit.
(d) Going to England.
14. Why was there an interest in Elizabeth I marrying?
(a) She was ill.
(b) She was not able to have children.
(c) She refused to name a successor.
(d) She was getting old.
15. What did Elizabeth contract in 1562?
(b) German measles.
(c) Small pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Cecil pressuring Elizabeth I to do?
2. Who had himself appointed Lord Protector and Governor?
3. What did the Act of Restraint of Appeals prohibit?
4. Where was Elizabeth sent after she lived with Baron Seymour of Sudeley?
5. What terms were in the treaty between France and England over Scotland?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)