|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What law did Elizabeth want the Parliament to pass?
(a) A law preventing Protestants from being persecuted.
(b) A law preventing Protestants from marrying Catholics.
(c) A law banning Mary from the country.
(d) A law protecting Elizabeth from being overthrown.
2. Who plotted against Mary's wedding plans?
(a) Philip of Spain.
(d) Edward Courtenay.
3. In what did Elizabeth I retain her independence from the Privy Council?
(a) Vetoing decisions.
(b) Running Parliament.
(c) Policy making.
(d) Finding a spouse.
4. Who continued his pursuit of Elizabeth I as she was looking for a husband?
(a) Earl of Sussex.
(b) Lord Essex.
(d) Duke of Norfolk.
5. Where did Mary Queen of Scots live since the death of her husband?
6. What did Elizabeth I respond to the rumors of her having many lovers?
(a) That she was never alone so it would be impossible.
(b) That she refused to comment on her personal life.
(c) That it was true.
(d) That it was none of their business.
7. When did Queen Dowager die?
8. Who was Elizabeth's companion even as his wife was in the country?
(a) Lord Dudley.
(b) Lord Essex.
(c) Lord Norfolk.
(d) Lord Sussex.
9. What did Elizabeth contract in 1562?
(a) Small pox.
(d) German measles.
10. What did Elizabeth I decide her husband had to be, according to Chapter 4?
(c) A widower.
(d) Of royal blood.
11. How old was Elizabeth when she was crowned Queen?
(a) 22 years old.
(b) 25 years old.
(c) 23 years old.
(d) 26 years old.
12. What happened in Newhaven in 1563?
(a) Malaria outbreak.
(b) Tuberculosis outbreak.
(c) Dysentery outbreak.
(d) The plague.
13. Why was the planned rebellion against Mary moved up by two months?
(a) Elizabeth backed out.
(b) Mary changed her plans for that day.
(c) The government started to investigate the plot.
(d) The government did not think it would work.
14. Who thought that Darnley marrying Mary would strengthen Mary's claim to the throne?
(a) The Privy Council.
(b) Elizabeth I.
15. What did Elizabeth do to appease Mary?
(a) She signed off on her claim to the throne.
(b) She ostentatiously adopted the Catholic religion.
(c) She banished her entourage.
(d) She left the court.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men of the Privy Council did Elizabeth I keep that were under Mary?
2. When did Darnley arrive in Scotland?
3. What was the Privy Council in charge of?
4. Who was Emperor Charles V?
5. Where was Elizabeth I formally crowned Queen?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)