|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Darnley arrive in Scotland?
(a) February 17, 1565.
(b) February 1, 1565.
(c) February 27, 1565.
(d) February 14, 1565.
2. What happened to Anne Boleyn after her trial for adultery?
(a) She was sent to France.
(b) She was hung.
(c) She was beheaded.
(d) She was imprisoned.
3. What country was Mary Queen of Scots also the Queen of?
4. What would have been the only positive thing that Elizabeth I would gain by taking a husband?
(a) A release from the stress of power.
(b) An heir.
(c) It would have stopped the Privy Council's request.
(d) A lover.
5. What did Elizabeth I say she would refuse to give her husband?
(b) Any of her power.
(c) The right to have mistresses.
(d) A house.
6. What did Elizabeth I decide her husband had to be, according to Chapter 4?
(a) Of royal blood.
(c) A widower.
7. When was Elizabeth I formally crowned Queen?
(a) January 15, 1559.
(b) January 25, 1559.
(c) January 10, 1559.
(d) January 5, 1559.
8. Why did Leicester want Mary to marry Darnley?
(a) Leicester wanted to prevent Darnley from marrying Elizabeth.
(b) Darnley was under his control.
(c) He didn't want to be paired with Mary.
(d) Leicester wanted to marry Darnley's sister.
9. Where did Elizabeth I stay after living in the Tower for a week?
(a) Somerset House.
(b) Wyndham Palace.
(c) Richmond Park.
(d) Whitehall Palace.
10. What law did Elizabeth want the Parliament to pass?
(a) A law preventing Protestants from marrying Catholics.
(b) A law protecting Elizabeth from being overthrown.
(c) A law banning Mary from the country.
(d) A law preventing Protestants from being persecuted.
11. Where did Mary Queen of Scots live since the death of her husband?
12. What did Cecil think was the only solution to squash Mary's claim to the throne?
(a) To execute her.
(b) To name her illegitimate.
(c) To marry.
(d) To grant her a divorce.
13. Who did Elizabeth I refuse to marry?
(a) The Prince of Orange.
(b) The King of Aragon.
(c) The King of France.
(d) King Philip of Spain.
14. Who did Henry VIII marry in January 1533?
(a) Anne Boleyn.
(b) Jane Seymour.
(c) Catherine de Medici.
(d) Catherine Parr.
15. How many men of the Privy Council did Elizabeth I keep that were under Mary?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Elizabeth Iselect as Archbishop of Canterbury?
2. Who was Elizabeth's governess?
3. Who was the mother of Henry VIII's son, Edward?
4. What happened in Newhaven in 1563?
5. Where did Mary leave for after learning of her impending arrest?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)