|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Emperor Charles V?
(a) Henry VIII's brother.
(b) Catherine of Aragon's nephew.
(c) Elizabeth's cousin once removed.
(d) Catherine of Aragon's brother.
2. When was Elizabeth I formally crowned Queen?
(a) January 10, 1559.
(b) January 25, 1559.
(c) January 5, 1559.
(d) January 15, 1559.
3. What happened to Anne Boleyn after her trial for adultery?
(a) She was imprisoned.
(b) She was beheaded.
(c) She was sent to France.
(d) She was hung.
4. When was Mary proclaimed Queen of England?
(a) July 19, 1553.
(b) July 19, 1554.
(c) August 19, 1553.
(d) July 9, 1553.
5. When was Edward born?
(a) October 1539.
(b) October 1537.
(c) October 1536.
(d) October 1538.
6. Why did foreigners refuse British coins?
(a) They were not heavy enough.
(b) There was no gold.
(c) They did not contain enough precious metal.
(d) They did not have the Queen's stamp.
7. Who did Elizabeth I name to be protector of the kingdom in case she was incapacitated for a long period of time?
(c) Privy Council.
8. What did Cecil think was the only solution to squash Mary's claim to the throne?
(a) To grant her a divorce.
(b) To execute her.
(c) To name her illegitimate.
(d) To marry.
9. What was the name of the daughter of Catherine of Aragon?
10. What did the Act of Restraint of Appeals prohibit?
(a) Appeals to Rome for divorces.
(b) Men from executing their wives.
(c) The king from divorcing.
(d) Women from appealing divorce.
11. Who was supposed to rule England during Edward's minority according to Chapter 2?
(b) Henry VIII's brother.
(c) The Privy Council.
12. What did Elizabeth I decide her husband had to be, according to Chapter 4?
(b) Of royal blood.
(d) A widower.
13. What happened to Dudley's wife?
(a) She was killed.
(b) She was found dead.
(c) She left him.
(d) She went missing.
14. Who was Rome's envoy to England?
15. What did Elizabeth I respond to the rumors of her having many lovers?
(a) That she was never alone so it would be impossible.
(b) That it was none of their business.
(c) That she refused to comment on her personal life.
(d) That it was true.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cecil and Elizabeth I do to fight the financial crisis?
2. What country was Mary Queen of Scots also the Queen of?
3. When did Edward contract tuberculosis?
4. Who was France's regent in 1562?
5. When did Darnley arrive in Scotland?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)