|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would have been the only positive thing that Elizabeth I would gain by taking a husband?
(a) A release from the stress of power.
(b) It would have stopped the Privy Council's request.
(c) An heir.
(d) A lover.
2. Why did Mary resent Elizabeth according to Chapter 3?
(a) Because of her influence at the court.
(b) Because she was more beautiful.
(c) Because of the way Henry VIII treated her mother.
(d) Because she was Protestant.
3. Who was Mary's adviser in 1553?
(a) King of Spain.
(b) Duke of Canterbury.
(c) Baron of Essex.
(d) Simon Renard.
4. When was James born?
(a) May 1566.
(b) July 1566.
(c) June 1566.
(d) August 1566.
5. Who did Henry VIII need to have approval from to have his marriage dissolved, according to Chapter 1?
(a) Pope Clement VII.
(b) His personal chaplain.
(c) The Queen Mother.
6. Who did Baron Seymour of Sudeley marry?
(a) Anne Boleyn.
(c) Katherine Parr.
7. What treaty did Cecil negotiate that displeased Elizabeth I according to Chapter 5?
(a) The Treaty of Rouen.
(b) The Treaty of Edinburgh.
(c) The Treaty of Madrid.
(d) The Treaty of Blois.
8. Who was Elizabeth's governess?
(a) Mary Ashley.
(b) Ashley Tudor.
(c) Kat Ashley.
(d) Ashley Martin.
9. What terms were in the treaty between France and England over Scotland?
(a) Mary would leave England.
(b) Mary would renounce the Scottish throne.
(c) Mary would not claim the English throne.
(d) Mary would marry Lord Dudley.
10. What happened to Dudley's wife?
(a) She went missing.
(b) She left him.
(c) She was found dead.
(d) She was killed.
11. Who was Emperor Charles V?
(a) Catherine of Aragon's nephew.
(b) Catherine of Aragon's brother.
(c) Elizabeth's cousin once removed.
(d) Henry VIII's brother.
12. What started after the Papal absolution of England's repudiation of Rome?
(a) The Nine Years War.
(b) The excommunication of all followers of the Queen.
(c) The Inquisition.
(d) The Holy War.
13. Why did Leicester want Mary to marry Darnley?
(a) Leicester wanted to marry Darnley's sister.
(b) Darnley was under his control.
(c) Leicester wanted to prevent Darnley from marrying Elizabeth.
(d) He didn't want to be paired with Mary.
14. What was the Privy Council in charge of?
(a) Uncovering plots.
(b) Implementing policies.
(c) Creating policies.
(d) Finding a spouse for Elizabeth I.
15. Who did Elizabeth I reject as a husband because he was too young?
(a) The King of Spain.
(b) The King of France.
(c) She did not reject a husband because of his age.
(d) The King of Portugal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hosted lavish parties in order to impress the Queen?
2. What did Elizabeth I do to force Darnley to return to England?
3. What did Parliament do after meeting in 1553?
4. How many men of the Privy Council did Elizabeth I keep that were under Mary?
5. Where was Henry's daughter Elizabeth sent to live?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)