|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mary leave for after learning of her impending arrest?
2. What happened to Katherine and Mary after Elizabeth I learned of their secret marriage?
(a) They were required to divorce.
(b) They were banished.
(c) They were imprisoned.
(d) They were executed.
3. When was Edward born?
(a) October 1537.
(b) October 1538.
(c) October 1536.
(d) October 1539.
4. Who did Baron Seymour of Sudeley marry?
(c) Anne Boleyn.
(d) Katherine Parr.
5. When was James born?
(a) August 1566.
(b) May 1566.
(c) July 1566.
(d) June 1566.
6. What was the Privy Council in charge of?
(a) Implementing policies.
(b) Uncovering plots.
(c) Creating policies.
(d) Finding a spouse for Elizabeth I.
7. What was the name of the daughter of Catherine of Aragon?
8. Who was Mary's adviser in 1553?
(a) Duke of Canterbury.
(b) Simon Renard.
(c) Baron of Essex.
(d) King of Spain.
9. What capacity was Sir William Cecil appointed to?
(a) Principal Secretary of State.
(c) Privy of State.
(d) Lord Governor.
10. What did Cecil and Elizabeth I do to fight the financial crisis?
(a) Made the value of British coins higher.
(b) Made a coin with the Queen's stamp.
(c) Lowered the value of other country's coins in England.
(d) Lowered the value of the British coins.
11. When did Darnley arrive in Scotland?
(a) February 1, 1565.
(b) February 27, 1565.
(c) February 17, 1565.
(d) February 14, 1565.
12. What did the Act of Restraint of Appeals prohibit?
(a) Women from appealing divorce.
(b) The king from divorcing.
(c) Men from executing their wives.
(d) Appeals to Rome for divorces.
13. What started after the Papal absolution of England's repudiation of Rome?
(a) The Nine Years War.
(b) The Inquisition.
(c) The Holy War.
(d) The excommunication of all followers of the Queen.
14. What interested Mary Queen of Scots in Chapter 6?
(c) Going to England.
(d) Having Elizabeth visit.
15. Who had himself appointed Lord Protector and Governor?
(a) Edward, Earl of Hertford.
(b) Edward, Earl of Sussex.
(c) James, Lord Essex.
(d) The Duke of Norfolk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Elizabeth I stay after living in the Tower for a week?
2. What did women in the 16th century have little of?
3. Who was Elizabeth's governess?
4. What did Elizabeth I give to Dudley to make him more interesting in Mary's eyes?
5. What did Parliament do after meeting in 1553?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)