|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Elizabeth I first stay with after arriving in London?
(a) Lord North.
(b) Lord Richmond.
(c) Lord Norton.
(d) Lord Notting.
2. What happened in Newhaven in 1563?
(a) The plague.
(b) Dysentery outbreak.
(c) Tuberculosis outbreak.
(d) Malaria outbreak.
3. What did women in the 16th century have little of?
4. Who did Elizabeth I name to be protector of the kingdom in case she was incapacitated for a long period of time?
(c) Privy Council.
5. What started after the Papal absolution of England's repudiation of Rome?
(a) The Nine Years War.
(b) The Inquisition.
(c) The Holy War.
(d) The excommunication of all followers of the Queen.
6. Why was the planned rebellion against Mary moved up by two months?
(a) The government started to investigate the plot.
(b) The government did not think it would work.
(c) Elizabeth backed out.
(d) Mary changed her plans for that day.
7. Why was there an interest in Elizabeth I marrying?
(a) She was getting old.
(b) She refused to name a successor.
(c) She was ill.
(d) She was not able to have children.
8. When was James born?
(a) June 1566.
(b) August 1566.
(c) May 1566.
(d) July 1566.
9. When did Darnley arrive in Scotland?
(a) February 27, 1565.
(b) February 1, 1565.
(c) February 14, 1565.
(d) February 17, 1565.
10. When did Baron Seymour of Sudeley marry?
11. Why did Mary resent Elizabeth according to Chapter 3?
(a) Because of the way Henry VIII treated her mother.
(b) Because she was Protestant.
(c) Because she was more beautiful.
(d) Because of her influence at the court.
12. Who did Baron Seymour of Sudeley marry?
(c) Anne Boleyn.
(d) Katherine Parr.
13. Who did Mary want to marry?
(a) Henry of France.
(b) Philip of Portugal.
(c) Philip of Spain.
(d) Henry X of England.
14. Where was Henry's daughter Elizabeth sent to live?
15. What did Elizabeth I give to Dudley to make him more interesting in Mary's eyes?
(a) The title of Governor.
(b) The title of Earl.
(c) The title of Regent.
(d) The title of Duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Elizabeth I stay after living in the Tower for a week?
2. What did Elizabeth do to appease Mary?
3. What did Parliament do after meeting in 1553?
4. What did Elizabeth I decide her husband had to be, according to Chapter 4?
5. Who did Elizabeth Iselect as Archbishop of Canterbury?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)