|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Anne Boleyn after her trial for adultery?
(a) She was sent to France.
(b) She was hung.
(c) She was beheaded.
(d) She was imprisoned.
2. Who did Baron Seymour of Sudeley marry?
(a) Katherine Parr.
(c) Anne Boleyn.
3. When did Baron Seymour of Sudeley marry?
4. Who was the mother of Henry VIII's son, Edward?
(a) Anne Boleyn.
(b) Jane Seymour.
(c) Mary Stewart.
(d) Catherine Parr.
5. What happened to Katherine and Mary after Elizabeth I learned of their secret marriage?
(a) They were banished.
(b) They were imprisoned.
(c) They were required to divorce.
(d) They were executed.
6. Who hosted lavish parties in order to impress the Queen?
(a) Arundel and Pickering.
(b) Summersby and Norfolk.
(c) Dudley and Pickering.
(d) Arundel and Sussex.
7. Where did Mary leave for after learning of her impending arrest?
8. What was the Privy Council in charge of?
(a) Uncovering plots.
(b) Implementing policies.
(c) Creating policies.
(d) Finding a spouse for Elizabeth I.
9. When did Henry VIII die?
(a) January 28, 1547.
(b) January 28, 1548.
(c) February 28, 1547.
(d) January 1, 1547.
10. Where was Elizabeth sent after she lived with Baron Seymour of Sudeley?
11. What country was Mary Queen of Scots also the Queen of?
12. In what did Elizabeth I retain her independence from the Privy Council?
(a) Running Parliament.
(b) Finding a spouse.
(c) Policy making.
(d) Vetoing decisions.
13. When did Darnley marry Mary?
(a) July 9, 1565.
(b) July 19, 1565.
(c) July 2, 1565.
(d) July 29, 1565.
14. What would happen if Elizabeth I was to marry Dudley?
(a) Elizabeth I and Dudley would be executed.
(b) The country would be plunged into civil war.
(c) The country would seek to kill Dudley.
(d) Elizabeth I would be overthrown.
15. Who did Mary want to marry?
(a) Henry of France.
(b) Philip of Portugal.
(c) Philip of Spain.
(d) Henry X of England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cecil and Elizabeth I do to fight the financial crisis?
2. When did Mary die?
3. Who pressured Elizabeth I to marry and name a successor?
4. Who declared Henry VIII's marriage to Catherine invalid?
5. What did Elizabeth I respond to the rumors of her having many lovers?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)