|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What started after the Papal absolution of England's repudiation of Rome?
(a) The excommunication of all followers of the Queen.
(b) The Inquisition.
(c) The Holy War.
(d) The Nine Years War.
2. What did Cecil think was the only solution to squash Mary's claim to the throne?
(a) To grant her a divorce.
(b) To name her illegitimate.
(c) To execute her.
(d) To marry.
3. What did Elizabeth I do to force Darnley to return to England?
(a) She imprisoned his mother.
(b) She imprisoned his father.
(c) She imprisoned his brother.
(d) She imprisoned his sister.
4. Who was the mother of Henry VIII's son, Edward?
(a) Anne Boleyn.
(b) Jane Seymour.
(c) Mary Stewart.
(d) Catherine Parr.
5. Who was Mary's adviser in 1553?
(a) Duke of Canterbury.
(b) Simon Renard.
(c) Baron of Essex.
(d) King of Spain.
6. Who did Baron Seymour of Sudeley marry?
(a) Katherine Parr.
(d) Anne Boleyn.
7. Who was Emperor Charles V?
(a) Elizabeth's cousin once removed.
(b) Catherine of Aragon's brother.
(c) Henry VIII's brother.
(d) Catherine of Aragon's nephew.
8. Who thought that Darnley marrying Mary would strengthen Mary's claim to the throne?
(a) Elizabeth I.
(b) The Privy Council.
9. When did Mary die?
(a) November 5, 1558.
(b) November 12, 1558.
(c) November 17, 1558.
(d) November 7,1558.
10. How old was Elizabeth when she was crowned Queen?
(a) 26 years old.
(b) 23 years old.
(c) 22 years old.
(d) 25 years old.
11. What did Elizabeth I say she would refuse to give her husband?
(a) Any of her power.
(b) The right to have mistresses.
(d) A house.
12. Who pressured Elizabeth I to marry and name a successor?
(a) The King of France.
(b) Duke of Essex.
13. Who did Elizabeth Iselect as Archbishop of Canterbury?
(a) Matthew Parker.
(b) Matthew Parkson.
(c) Matthew Parks.
(d) Matthew Pason.
14. When did Edward contract tuberculosis?
15. Where was Elizabeth sent after she lived with Baron Seymour of Sudeley?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Elizabeth I formally crowned Queen?
2. When did Henry VIII die?
3. Who ousted the Lord Protector?
4. When did Mary marry?
5. What happened in Newhaven in 1563?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)