|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the daughter of Catherine of Aragon?
2. Who did Elizabeth study with?
(a) Lord Sussex.
(b) Duke of Norfolk.
(c) Mark Grisham.
(d) Roger Ascham.
3. What was Cecil pressuring Elizabeth I to do?
(a) Become pregnant without a husband.
(b) Name a successor.
(c) Name Mary as successor.
(d) Marry and produce an heir.
4. Where was Henry's daughter Elizabeth sent to live?
5. What treaty did Cecil negotiate that displeased Elizabeth I according to Chapter 5?
(a) The Treaty of Madrid.
(b) The Treaty of Blois.
(c) The Treaty of Edinburgh.
(d) The Treaty of Rouen.
6. What happened to Katherine and Mary after Elizabeth I learned of their secret marriage?
(a) They were required to divorce.
(b) They were executed.
(c) They were banished.
(d) They were imprisoned.
7. What did women in the 16th century have little of?
8. Where was Elizabeth sent after she lived with Baron Seymour of Sudeley?
9. Who did Baron Seymour of Sudeley marry?
(b) Anne Boleyn.
(d) Katherine Parr.
10. Who was Rome's envoy to England?
11. When did Darnley arrive in Scotland?
(a) February 17, 1565.
(b) February 14, 1565.
(c) February 27, 1565.
(d) February 1, 1565.
12. Who did Henry VIII marry in January 1533?
(a) Jane Seymour.
(b) Catherine de Medici.
(c) Catherine Parr.
(d) Anne Boleyn.
13. Who did Elizabeth I name to be protector of the kingdom in case she was incapacitated for a long period of time?
(c) Privy Council.
14. When did Edward contract tuberculosis?
15. Why did foreigners refuse British coins?
(a) There was no gold.
(b) They did not have the Queen's stamp.
(c) They did not contain enough precious metal.
(d) They were not heavy enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Henry VIII need to have approval from to have his marriage dissolved, according to Chapter 1?
2. Where was Elizabeth I formally crowned Queen?
3. Who was Mary's adviser in 1553?
4. Who did Elizabeth I first stay with after arriving in London?
5. What did Elizabeth contract in 1562?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)