|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Emperor Charles V?
(a) Elizabeth's cousin once removed.
(b) Catherine of Aragon's brother.
(c) Catherine of Aragon's nephew.
(d) Henry VIII's brother.
2. Where did Mary Queen of Scots live since the death of her husband?
3. Where was Henry's daughter Elizabeth sent to live?
4. When did Edward contract tuberculosis?
5. Who did Henry VIII marry in January 1533?
(a) Catherine Parr.
(b) Jane Seymour.
(c) Anne Boleyn.
(d) Catherine de Medici.
6. What was Mary warned about Elizabeth when she met her?
(a) That she would be a rebel.
(b) That she would want to steal her husband.
(c) That she was good for the people.
(d) That she was a danger.
7. Who was Rome's envoy to England?
8. What would happen if Elizabeth I was to marry Dudley?
(a) Elizabeth I would be overthrown.
(b) The country would be plunged into civil war.
(c) The country would seek to kill Dudley.
(d) Elizabeth I and Dudley would be executed.
9. When was Elizabeth proclaimed Queen according to Chapter 4?
(a) November 2, 1558.
(b) November 17, 1558.
(c) November 12, 1558.
(d) November 10, 1558.
10. What interested Mary Queen of Scots in Chapter 6?
(a) Going to England.
(d) Having Elizabeth visit.
11. What treaty did Cecil negotiate that displeased Elizabeth I according to Chapter 5?
(a) The Treaty of Blois.
(b) The Treaty of Edinburgh.
(c) The Treaty of Madrid.
(d) The Treaty of Rouen.
12. When was the rebellion against Mary planned?
(a) March 1554.
(b) June 1554.
(c) February 1554.
(d) April 1554.
13. What happened in Newhaven in 1563?
(a) Malaria outbreak.
(b) The plague.
(c) Tuberculosis outbreak.
(d) Dysentery outbreak.
14. Who did Baron Seymour of Sudeley marry?
(a) Anne Boleyn.
(c) Katherine Parr.
15. When did Darnley marry Mary?
(a) July 9, 1565.
(b) July 19, 1565.
(c) July 2, 1565.
(d) July 29, 1565.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Mary want to marry?
2. Who was Elizabeth's governess?
3. When was Elizabeth I formally crowned Queen?
4. What did Elizabeth I say she would refuse to give her husband?
5. Where was Elizabeth sent after she lived with Baron Seymour of Sudeley?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)