|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was James born?
(a) August 1566.
(b) May 1566.
(c) June 1566.
(d) July 1566.
2. Who was the mother of Henry VIII's son, Edward?
(a) Mary Stewart.
(b) Anne Boleyn.
(c) Jane Seymour.
(d) Catherine Parr.
3. What did Elizabeth I say she would refuse to give her husband?
(a) The right to have mistresses.
(b) A house.
(d) Any of her power.
4. Where did Mary Queen of Scots live since the death of her husband?
5. Why did Leicester want Mary to marry Darnley?
(a) Darnley was under his control.
(b) Leicester wanted to marry Darnley's sister.
(c) Leicester wanted to prevent Darnley from marrying Elizabeth.
(d) He didn't want to be paired with Mary.
6. What happened in Newhaven in 1563?
(a) Malaria outbreak.
(b) Tuberculosis outbreak.
(c) The plague.
(d) Dysentery outbreak.
7. Who was supposed to rule England during Edward's minority according to Chapter 2?
(a) Henry VIII's brother.
(b) The Privy Council.
8. When was the rebellion against Mary planned?
(a) April 1554.
(b) June 1554.
(c) February 1554.
(d) March 1554.
9. Who did Henry VIII marry in January 1533?
(a) Catherine Parr.
(b) Jane Seymour.
(c) Anne Boleyn.
(d) Catherine de Medici.
10. Who did Elizabeth study with?
(a) Duke of Norfolk.
(b) Lord Sussex.
(c) Roger Ascham.
(d) Mark Grisham.
11. What would have been the only positive thing that Elizabeth I would gain by taking a husband?
(a) An heir.
(b) It would have stopped the Privy Council's request.
(c) A lover.
(d) A release from the stress of power.
12. When was Edward born?
(a) October 1538.
(b) October 1536.
(c) October 1537.
(d) October 1539.
13. Who thought that Darnley marrying Mary would strengthen Mary's claim to the throne?
(c) Elizabeth I.
(d) The Privy Council.
14. Who ousted the Lord Protector?
(a) Duke of Wellington.
(b) Lord Sussex.
(c) John Dudley.
(d) Lord Essex.
15. What did Elizabeth do to appease Mary?
(a) She left the court.
(b) She banished her entourage.
(c) She ostentatiously adopted the Catholic religion.
(d) She signed off on her claim to the throne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Elizabeth I reject as a husband because he was too young?
2. How many men of the Privy Council did Elizabeth I keep that were under Mary?
3. Why did foreigners refuse British coins?
4. What did women in the 16th century have little of?
5. Who hosted lavish parties in order to impress the Queen?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)