|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Cecil think was the only solution to squash Mary's claim to the throne?
(a) To grant her a divorce.
(b) To marry.
(c) To name her illegitimate.
(d) To execute her.
2. How many men of the Privy Council did Elizabeth I keep that were under Mary?
3. Who hosted lavish parties in order to impress the Queen?
(a) Dudley and Pickering.
(b) Arundel and Pickering.
(c) Arundel and Sussex.
(d) Summersby and Norfolk.
4. What did Elizabeth I say she would refuse to give her husband?
(b) A house.
(c) Any of her power.
(d) The right to have mistresses.
5. What would happen if Elizabeth I was to marry Dudley?
(a) The country would seek to kill Dudley.
(b) Elizabeth I and Dudley would be executed.
(c) Elizabeth I would be overthrown.
(d) The country would be plunged into civil war.
6. What did the Act of Restraint of Appeals prohibit?
(a) Men from executing their wives.
(b) Appeals to Rome for divorces.
(c) Women from appealing divorce.
(d) The king from divorcing.
7. When was Mary proclaimed Queen of England?
(a) July 19, 1554.
(b) July 9, 1553.
(c) July 19, 1553.
(d) August 19, 1553.
8. When did Darnley marry Mary?
(a) July 2, 1565.
(b) July 29, 1565.
(c) July 9, 1565.
(d) July 19, 1565.
9. When did Queen Dowager die?
10. What was the Privy Council in charge of?
(a) Creating policies.
(b) Uncovering plots.
(c) Implementing policies.
(d) Finding a spouse for Elizabeth I.
11. What was Cecil pressuring Elizabeth I to do?
(a) Marry and produce an heir.
(b) Become pregnant without a husband.
(c) Name a successor.
(d) Name Mary as successor.
12. Who was supposed to rule England during Edward's minority according to Chapter 2?
(a) The Privy Council.
(d) Henry VIII's brother.
13. What law did Elizabeth want the Parliament to pass?
(a) A law protecting Elizabeth from being overthrown.
(b) A law preventing Protestants from marrying Catholics.
(c) A law banning Mary from the country.
(d) A law preventing Protestants from being persecuted.
14. In what did Elizabeth I retain her independence from the Privy Council?
(a) Finding a spouse.
(b) Vetoing decisions.
(c) Running Parliament.
(d) Policy making.
15. Who did Henry VIII marry in January 1533?
(a) Jane Seymour.
(b) Anne Boleyn.
(c) Catherine Parr.
(d) Catherine de Medici.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the daughter of Catherine of Aragon?
2. Why was there an interest in Elizabeth I marrying?
3. Who was Elizabeth's governess?
4. Why did foreigners refuse British coins?
5. What happened to Anne Boleyn after her trial for adultery?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)