|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Elizabeth study with?
(a) Mark Grisham.
(b) Duke of Norfolk.
(c) Roger Ascham.
(d) Lord Sussex.
2. When was Edward born?
(a) October 1537.
(b) October 1539.
(c) October 1538.
(d) October 1536.
3. What did Elizabeth I do to force Darnley to return to England?
(a) She imprisoned his brother.
(b) She imprisoned his sister.
(c) She imprisoned his father.
(d) She imprisoned his mother.
4. What happened to Katherine and Mary after Elizabeth I learned of their secret marriage?
(a) They were banished.
(b) They were required to divorce.
(c) They were imprisoned.
(d) They were executed.
5. When was the rebellion against Mary planned?
(a) April 1554.
(b) March 1554.
(c) June 1554.
(d) February 1554.
6. Who was Rome's envoy to England?
7. Who did Elizabeth I name to be protector of the kingdom in case she was incapacitated for a long period of time?
(c) Privy Council.
8. Where did Mary leave for after learning of her impending arrest?
9. What happened in Newhaven in 1563?
(a) Dysentery outbreak.
(b) Malaria outbreak.
(c) The plague.
(d) Tuberculosis outbreak.
10. What was the Privy Council in charge of?
(a) Implementing policies.
(b) Finding a spouse for Elizabeth I.
(c) Creating policies.
(d) Uncovering plots.
11. How old was Elizabeth when she was crowned Queen?
(a) 25 years old.
(b) 26 years old.
(c) 22 years old.
(d) 23 years old.
12. What country was Mary Queen of Scots also the Queen of?
13. What did Elizabeth contract in 1562?
(a) Small pox.
(d) German measles.
14. Who was the mother of Henry VIII's son, Edward?
(a) Anne Boleyn.
(b) Catherine Parr.
(c) Mary Stewart.
(d) Jane Seymour.
15. Where did Elizabeth I stay after living in the Tower for a week?
(a) Wyndham Palace.
(b) Whitehall Palace.
(c) Somerset House.
(d) Richmond Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Henry VIII marry in January 1533?
2. What was the name of the daughter of Catherine of Aragon?
3. Where was Elizabeth I formally crowned Queen?
4. What did Elizabeth I say she would refuse to give her husband?
5. Who plotted against Mary's wedding plans?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)