|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Mary proclaimed Queen of England?
(a) July 19, 1553.
(b) July 9, 1553.
(c) July 19, 1554.
(d) August 19, 1553.
2. What did Elizabeth I do to force Darnley to return to England?
(a) She imprisoned his brother.
(b) She imprisoned his father.
(c) She imprisoned his mother.
(d) She imprisoned his sister.
3. Who did Henry VIII need to have approval from to have his marriage dissolved, according to Chapter 1?
(a) His personal chaplain.
(b) The Queen Mother.
(c) Pope Clement VII.
4. Who thought that Darnley marrying Mary would strengthen Mary's claim to the throne?
(a) The Privy Council.
(c) Elizabeth I.
5. What would happen if Elizabeth I was to marry Dudley?
(a) Elizabeth I and Dudley would be executed.
(b) The country would seek to kill Dudley.
(c) Elizabeth I would be overthrown.
(d) The country would be plunged into civil war.
6. Who hosted lavish parties in order to impress the Queen?
(a) Arundel and Sussex.
(b) Arundel and Pickering.
(c) Dudley and Pickering.
(d) Summersby and Norfolk.
7. What did Elizabeth I say she would refuse to give her husband?
(b) The right to have mistresses.
(c) A house.
(d) Any of her power.
8. Where did Elizabeth I stay after living in the Tower for a week?
(a) Wyndham Palace.
(b) Somerset House.
(c) Whitehall Palace.
(d) Richmond Park.
9. Who declared Henry VIII's marriage to Catherine invalid?
(a) The Bishop of Westminster.
(b) The Archbishop of Canterbury.
(c) The Archbishop of London.
(d) The Pope.
10. Who did Elizabeth study with?
(a) Roger Ascham.
(b) Lord Sussex.
(c) Mark Grisham.
(d) Duke of Norfolk.
11. What happened in Newhaven in 1563?
(a) Tuberculosis outbreak.
(b) Malaria outbreak.
(c) Dysentery outbreak.
(d) The plague.
12. What country was Mary Queen of Scots also the Queen of?
13. Who did Elizabeth I first stay with after arriving in London?
(a) Lord North.
(b) Lord Norton.
(c) Lord Richmond.
(d) Lord Notting.
14. Where was Elizabeth sent after she lived with Baron Seymour of Sudeley?
15. Who was supposed to rule England during Edward's minority according to Chapter 2?
(b) Henry VIII's brother.
(d) The Privy Council.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Mary's adviser in 1553?
2. When was Edward born?
3. Who was Elizabeth's companion even as his wife was in the country?
4. Who pressured Elizabeth I to marry and name a successor?
5. Who did Elizabeth I reject as a husband because he was too young?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)