|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Mary's adviser in 1553?
(a) Simon Renard.
(b) Baron of Essex.
(c) King of Spain.
(d) Duke of Canterbury.
2. When was James born?
(a) May 1566.
(b) August 1566.
(c) July 1566.
(d) June 1566.
3. How old was Elizabeth when she was crowned Queen?
(a) 26 years old.
(b) 23 years old.
(c) 25 years old.
(d) 22 years old.
4. Who was the mother of Henry VIII's son, Edward?
(a) Catherine Parr.
(b) Mary Stewart.
(c) Jane Seymour.
(d) Anne Boleyn.
5. Who continued his pursuit of Elizabeth I as she was looking for a husband?
(a) Lord Essex.
(c) Duke of Norfolk.
(d) Earl of Sussex.
6. What was the Privy Council in charge of?
(a) Uncovering plots.
(b) Implementing policies.
(c) Creating policies.
(d) Finding a spouse for Elizabeth I.
7. How many men of the Privy Council did Elizabeth I keep that were under Mary?
8. What law did Elizabeth want the Parliament to pass?
(a) A law banning Mary from the country.
(b) A law preventing Protestants from marrying Catholics.
(c) A law preventing Protestants from being persecuted.
(d) A law protecting Elizabeth from being overthrown.
9. Where was Henry's daughter Elizabeth sent to live?
10. Who pressured Elizabeth I to marry and name a successor?
(a) Duke of Essex.
(b) The King of France.
11. When did Queen Dowager die?
12. In what did Elizabeth I retain her independence from the Privy Council?
(a) Vetoing decisions.
(b) Policy making.
(c) Running Parliament.
(d) Finding a spouse.
13. What was Cecil pressuring Elizabeth I to do?
(a) Name Mary as successor.
(b) Marry and produce an heir.
(c) Become pregnant without a husband.
(d) Name a successor.
14. Why did Mary resent Elizabeth according to Chapter 3?
(a) Because she was more beautiful.
(b) Because of her influence at the court.
(c) Because she was Protestant.
(d) Because of the way Henry VIII treated her mother.
15. What country was Mary Queen of Scots also the Queen of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who thought that Darnley marrying Mary would strengthen Mary's claim to the throne?
2. What started after the Papal absolution of England's repudiation of Rome?
3. Who did Henry VIII marry in January 1533?
4. Where was Elizabeth I formally crowned Queen?
5. When was Mary proclaimed Queen of England?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)