|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who thought that Darnley marrying Mary would strengthen Mary's claim to the throne?
(a) The Privy Council.
(c) Elizabeth I.
2. Why did Mary resent Elizabeth according to Chapter 3?
(a) Because she was Protestant.
(b) Because she was more beautiful.
(c) Because of the way Henry VIII treated her mother.
(d) Because of her influence at the court.
3. How many men of the Privy Council did Elizabeth I keep that were under Mary?
4. What was the Privy Council in charge of?
(a) Implementing policies.
(b) Finding a spouse for Elizabeth I.
(c) Uncovering plots.
(d) Creating policies.
5. Who was Elizabeth's companion even as his wife was in the country?
(a) Lord Essex.
(b) Lord Sussex.
(c) Lord Dudley.
(d) Lord Norfolk.
6. When was the rebellion against Mary planned?
(a) June 1554.
(b) March 1554.
(c) April 1554.
(d) February 1554.
7. Who did Elizabeth Iselect as Archbishop of Canterbury?
(a) Matthew Pason.
(b) Matthew Parkson.
(c) Matthew Parker.
(d) Matthew Parks.
8. Who ousted the Lord Protector?
(a) Duke of Wellington.
(b) Lord Essex.
(c) John Dudley.
(d) Lord Sussex.
9. What did Cecil and Elizabeth I do to fight the financial crisis?
(a) Made a coin with the Queen's stamp.
(b) Lowered the value of the British coins.
(c) Made the value of British coins higher.
(d) Lowered the value of other country's coins in England.
10. What happened in Newhaven in 1563?
(a) Malaria outbreak.
(b) Tuberculosis outbreak.
(c) Dysentery outbreak.
(d) The plague.
11. Who was Elizabeth's governess?
(a) Ashley Tudor.
(b) Ashley Martin.
(c) Kat Ashley.
(d) Mary Ashley.
12. Who pressured Elizabeth I to marry and name a successor?
(b) The King of France.
(c) Duke of Essex.
13. When did Mary die?
(a) November 5, 1558.
(b) November 7,1558.
(c) November 12, 1558.
(d) November 17, 1558.
14. How old was Elizabeth when she was crowned Queen?
(a) 25 years old.
(b) 22 years old.
(c) 23 years old.
(d) 26 years old.
15. When did Darnley arrive in Scotland?
(a) February 1, 1565.
(b) February 17, 1565.
(c) February 27, 1565.
(d) February 14, 1565.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Elizabeth contract in 1562?
2. What did Elizabeth I respond to the rumors of her having many lovers?
3. What happened to Anne Boleyn after her trial for adultery?
4. What treaty did Cecil negotiate that displeased Elizabeth I according to Chapter 5?
5. Why was there an interest in Elizabeth I marrying?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)