|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Darnley marry Mary?
(a) July 29, 1565.
(b) July 19, 1565.
(c) July 2, 1565.
(d) July 9, 1565.
2. Why did Leicester want Mary to marry Darnley?
(a) Leicester wanted to prevent Darnley from marrying Elizabeth.
(b) Darnley was under his control.
(c) He didn't want to be paired with Mary.
(d) Leicester wanted to marry Darnley's sister.
3. What was Mary warned about Elizabeth when she met her?
(a) That she was good for the people.
(b) That she would be a rebel.
(c) That she would want to steal her husband.
(d) That she was a danger.
4. Who thought that Darnley marrying Mary would strengthen Mary's claim to the throne?
(a) The Privy Council.
(d) Elizabeth I.
5. Who did Mary want to marry?
(a) Philip of Portugal.
(b) Henry X of England.
(c) Philip of Spain.
(d) Henry of France.
6. When did Queen Dowager die?
7. What happened to Katherine and Mary after Elizabeth I learned of their secret marriage?
(a) They were executed.
(b) They were imprisoned.
(c) They were banished.
(d) They were required to divorce.
8. What started after the Papal absolution of England's repudiation of Rome?
(a) The Holy War.
(b) The Nine Years War.
(c) The Inquisition.
(d) The excommunication of all followers of the Queen.
9. What did Elizabeth I decide her husband had to be, according to Chapter 4?
(c) A widower.
(d) Of royal blood.
10. Who had himself appointed Lord Protector and Governor?
(a) James, Lord Essex.
(b) Edward, Earl of Hertford.
(c) The Duke of Norfolk.
(d) Edward, Earl of Sussex.
11. How old was Elizabeth when she was crowned Queen?
(a) 25 years old.
(b) 23 years old.
(c) 26 years old.
(d) 22 years old.
12. Who did Elizabeth I reject as a husband because he was too young?
(a) The King of France.
(b) The King of Portugal.
(c) She did not reject a husband because of his age.
(d) The King of Spain.
13. Who was Emperor Charles V?
(a) Elizabeth's cousin once removed.
(b) Catherine of Aragon's brother.
(c) Catherine of Aragon's nephew.
(d) Henry VIII's brother.
14. What happened in Newhaven in 1563?
(a) The plague.
(b) Dysentery outbreak.
(c) Malaria outbreak.
(d) Tuberculosis outbreak.
15. When did Darnley arrive in Scotland?
(a) February 1, 1565.
(b) February 14, 1565.
(c) February 27, 1565.
(d) February 17, 1565.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Elizabeth Iselect as Archbishop of Canterbury?
2. Who did Henry VIII marry in January 1533?
3. What did women in the 16th century have little of?
4. What did Elizabeth do to appease Mary?
5. Who declared Henry VIII's marriage to Catherine invalid?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)