|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Elizabeth contract in 1562?
(b) German measles.
(c) Small pox.
2. What was the name of the daughter of Catherine of Aragon?
3. Who pressured Elizabeth I to marry and name a successor?
(a) The King of France.
(c) Duke of Essex.
4. Where was Elizabeth sent after she lived with Baron Seymour of Sudeley?
5. What was Cecil pressuring Elizabeth I to do?
(a) Marry and produce an heir.
(b) Name a successor.
(c) Name Mary as successor.
(d) Become pregnant without a husband.
6. Why did foreigners refuse British coins?
(a) They did not contain enough precious metal.
(b) They were not heavy enough.
(c) There was no gold.
(d) They did not have the Queen's stamp.
7. When was Edward born?
(a) October 1536.
(b) October 1537.
(c) October 1538.
(d) October 1539.
8. When did Mary marry?
(a) July 26, 1554.
(b) July 16, 1554.
(c) July 6, 1554.
(d) July 30, 1554.
9. When did Edward contract tuberculosis?
10. When did Darnley arrive in Scotland?
(a) February 1, 1565.
(b) February 17, 1565.
(c) February 14, 1565.
(d) February 27, 1565.
11. How many men of the Privy Council did Elizabeth I keep that were under Mary?
12. What did Cecil think was the only solution to squash Mary's claim to the throne?
(a) To execute her.
(b) To name her illegitimate.
(c) To grant her a divorce.
(d) To marry.
13. What did Elizabeth do to appease Mary?
(a) She signed off on her claim to the throne.
(b) She ostentatiously adopted the Catholic religion.
(c) She banished her entourage.
(d) She left the court.
14. Who did Elizabeth I first stay with after arriving in London?
(a) Lord North.
(b) Lord Notting.
(c) Lord Norton.
(d) Lord Richmond.
15. What country was Mary Queen of Scots also the Queen of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened in Newhaven in 1563?
2. Who did Baron Seymour of Sudeley marry?
3. What did Parliament do after meeting in 1553?
4. Who hosted lavish parties in order to impress the Queen?
5. Who did Henry VIII marry in January 1533?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)