|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Elizabeth proclaimed Queen according to Chapter 4?
(a) November 17, 1558.
(b) November 12, 1558.
(c) November 2, 1558.
(d) November 10, 1558.
2. What did Elizabeth I give to Dudley to make him more interesting in Mary's eyes?
(a) The title of Earl.
(b) The title of Duke.
(c) The title of Governor.
(d) The title of Regent.
3. What terms were in the treaty between France and England over Scotland?
(a) Mary would marry Lord Dudley.
(b) Mary would not claim the English throne.
(c) Mary would renounce the Scottish throne.
(d) Mary would leave England.
4. Who hosted lavish parties in order to impress the Queen?
(a) Summersby and Norfolk.
(b) Arundel and Pickering.
(c) Arundel and Sussex.
(d) Dudley and Pickering.
5. What would have been the only positive thing that Elizabeth I would gain by taking a husband?
(a) An heir.
(b) It would have stopped the Privy Council's request.
(c) A release from the stress of power.
(d) A lover.
6. When was Elizabeth I formally crowned Queen?
(a) January 15, 1559.
(b) January 5, 1559.
(c) January 10, 1559.
(d) January 25, 1559.
7. Who plotted against Mary's wedding plans?
(a) Philip of Spain.
(d) Edward Courtenay.
8. When did Queen Dowager die?
9. What interested Mary Queen of Scots in Chapter 6?
(a) Going to England.
(c) Having Elizabeth visit.
10. What did Elizabeth I decide her husband had to be, according to Chapter 4?
(c) Of royal blood.
(d) A widower.
11. How many men of the Privy Council did Elizabeth I keep that were under Mary?
12. What did women in the 16th century have little of?
13. Who had himself appointed Lord Protector and Governor?
(a) Edward, Earl of Sussex.
(b) The Duke of Norfolk.
(c) James, Lord Essex.
(d) Edward, Earl of Hertford.
14. Who ousted the Lord Protector?
(a) John Dudley.
(b) Lord Sussex.
(c) Duke of Wellington.
(d) Lord Essex.
15. What country was Mary Queen of Scots also the Queen of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Rome's envoy to England?
2. Who did Mary want to marry?
3. Who did Henry VIII marry in January 1533?
4. Who was the mother of Henry VIII's son, Edward?
5. When did Edward contract tuberculosis?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)