Short Essay Answer Key
1. What did Henry VIII request from Pope Clement VII in Chapter 1?
In Chapter 1, Henry VIII requested that his marriage to Catherine of Aragon be dissolved; however, Pope Clement VII refused.
2. Whose wishes did Pope Clement VII follow?
Pope Clement VII followed the wishes of Holy Roman Emperor Charles V, who was Catherine's nephew.
3. Who did Henry marry in January 1533?
In January 1533, Henry married Anne Boleyn, the woman whom Henry loved.
4. What was the Act of Restrain of Appeals which Parliament passed?
The Parliament passed the Act of Restraint of Appeals prohibited appeals to Rome for divorces.
5. Who was supposed to rule during Edwards' minority according to Chapter 2?
According to Chapter 2, during Edward's minority the Privy Council was supposed to rule. However, the Earl of Hertford, Edward had appointed himself as Lord Protector and Governor.
This section contains 1,844 words|
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)