|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, pgs. 204-243.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened in Newhaven in 1563?
(a) Malaria outbreak.
(b) Tuberculosis outbreak.
(c) Dysentery outbreak.
(d) The plague.
2. When was Edward born?
(a) October 1537.
(b) October 1536.
(c) October 1539.
(d) October 1538.
3. What did Elizabeth I respond to the rumors of her having many lovers?
(a) That she refused to comment on her personal life.
(b) That it was true.
(c) That it was none of their business.
(d) That she was never alone so it would be impossible.
4. What was Mary warned about Elizabeth when she met her?
(a) That she would be a rebel.
(b) That she was a danger.
(c) That she was good for the people.
(d) That she would want to steal her husband.
5. What would have been the only positive thing that Elizabeth I would gain by taking a husband?
(a) An heir.
(b) A release from the stress of power.
(c) A lover.
(d) It would have stopped the Privy Council's request.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Mary die?
2. Where was Elizabeth sent after she lived with Baron Seymour of Sudeley?
3. Why was there an interest in Elizabeth I marrying?
4. Who did Elizabeth I reject as a husband because he was too young?
5. Who was supposed to rule England during Edward's minority according to Chapter 2?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)