|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, pgs. 163-203.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who declared Henry VIII's marriage to Catherine invalid?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The Archbishop of London.
(c) The Bishop of Westminster.
(d) The Archbishop of Canterbury.
2. Who was the only person without any stigma of illegitimacy that could have access the throne?
(a) Mary of the Scots.
(b) Philip of Spain.
(c) James of Scots.
(d) The Dowager Queen.
3. Why did foreigners refuse British coins?
(a) They were not heavy enough.
(b) There was no gold.
(c) They did not have the Queen's stamp.
(d) They did not contain enough precious metal.
4. Where was Elizabeth I formally crowned Queen?
(a) Westminster Abbey.
(b) Richmond Wallace.
(c) Tower of London.
(d) Whitehall Palace.
5. Who did Baron Seymour of Sudeley marry?
(a) Anne Boleyn.
(d) Katherine Parr.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Act of Restraint of Appeals prohibit?
2. When did Baron Seymour of Sudeley marry?
3. What was Mary warned about Elizabeth when she met her?
4. Who did Elizabeth Iselect as Archbishop of Canterbury?
5. What did Elizabeth I decide her husband had to be, according to Chapter 4?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)