|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, pgs. 163-203.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Parliament do after meeting in 1553?
(a) Banished Mary from England.
(b) Revoked Henry VIII's divorce of Catherine of Aragon.
(c) Reinstated Catholicism as the official religion.
(d) Revoked Elizabeth's right to the throne.
2. Who did Elizabeth study with?
(a) Duke of Norfolk.
(b) Roger Ascham.
(c) Mark Grisham.
(d) Lord Sussex.
3. What law did Elizabeth want the Parliament to pass?
(a) A law protecting Elizabeth from being overthrown.
(b) A law preventing Protestants from marrying Catholics.
(c) A law banning Mary from the country.
(d) A law preventing Protestants from being persecuted.
4. What started after the Papal absolution of England's repudiation of Rome?
(a) The excommunication of all followers of the Queen.
(b) The Nine Years War.
(c) The Inquisition.
(d) The Holy War.
5. What did women in the 16th century have little of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the planned rebellion against Mary moved up by two months?
2. What treaty did Cecil negotiate that displeased Elizabeth I according to Chapter 5?
3. When did Edward contract tuberculosis?
4. What happened to Dudley's wife?
5. Who did Elizabeth I first stay with after arriving in London?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)