|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, pgs. 40-72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Act of Restraint of Appeals prohibit?
(a) Women from appealing divorce.
(b) Men from executing their wives.
(c) Appeals to Rome for divorces.
(d) The king from divorcing.
2. Who declared Henry VIII's marriage to Catherine invalid?
(a) The Archbishop of Canterbury.
(b) The Bishop of Westminster.
(c) The Archbishop of London.
(d) The Pope.
3. Where was Henry's daughter Elizabeth sent to live?
4. When did Mary marry?
(a) July 16, 1554.
(b) July 26, 1554.
(c) July 30, 1554.
(d) July 6, 1554.
5. When was Edward born?
(a) October 1538.
(b) October 1537.
(c) October 1536.
(d) October 1539.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Henry VIII need to have approval from to have his marriage dissolved, according to Chapter 1?
2. Who had himself appointed Lord Protector and Governor?
3. Why was the planned rebellion against Mary moved up by two months?
4. Who was supposed to rule England during Edward's minority according to Chapter 2?
5. Who plotted against Mary's wedding plans?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)