|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, pgs. 118-162.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Elizabeth do to appease Mary?
(a) She banished her entourage.
(b) She left the court.
(c) She signed off on her claim to the throne.
(d) She ostentatiously adopted the Catholic religion.
2. When did Queen Dowager die?
3. Who was the mother of Henry VIII's son, Edward?
(a) Anne Boleyn.
(b) Jane Seymour.
(c) Mary Stewart.
(d) Catherine Parr.
4. Why was there an interest in Elizabeth I marrying?
(a) She was getting old.
(b) She refused to name a successor.
(c) She was ill.
(d) She was not able to have children.
5. Who had himself appointed Lord Protector and Governor?
(a) The Duke of Norfolk.
(b) Edward, Earl of Sussex.
(c) Edward, Earl of Hertford.
(d) James, Lord Essex.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the only person without any stigma of illegitimacy that could have access the throne?
2. Who did Henry VIII need to have approval from to have his marriage dissolved, according to Chapter 1?
3. Where was Henry's daughter Elizabeth sent to live?
4. Where was Elizabeth I formally crowned Queen?
5. Who was Emperor Charles V?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)