|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, pgs. 490-563.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what did Elizabeth I retain her independence from the Privy Council?
(a) Finding a spouse.
(b) Vetoing decisions.
(c) Policy making.
(d) Running Parliament.
2. With what port did the British choose to replace the closed Dutch ports?
(a) Le Havre.
3. What did the government fear Catholics would do in case of an invasion of England?
(a) Kill Elizabeth I.
(b) Side with Mary.
(c) Kill all of the Protestants.
(d) Side with the Pope against the Queen.
4. What capacity was Sir William Cecil appointed to?
(a) Lord Governor.
(b) Principal Secretary of State.
(d) Privy of State.
5. Where was Elizabeth I formally crowned Queen?
(a) Westminster Abbey.
(b) Whitehall Palace.
(c) Richmond Wallace.
(d) Tower of London.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Elizabeth I send to Scotland after Mary's capture?
2. When did Darnley die according to Chapter 7?
3. What event prompted the British to send troops to the Netherlands?
4. When was Elizabeth I formally crowned Queen?
5. What was the Privy Council in charge of?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)