|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, pgs. 490-563.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did James of Scotland want?
(a) To kill Elizabeth I.
(b) To take Spain.
(c) To rule with his mother.
(d) To continue on to English throne.
2. Who was found to be part of the Franco-Scottish plot against Elizabeth I?
(b) The Queen's physician.
(c) The King of Spain.
(d) The Duke of York.
3. How did Darnley die?
(a) His house exploded.
(b) His house caught fire.
(c) He was executed.
(d) He was shot.
4. What event prompted the British to send troops to the Netherlands?
(a) The death of Mary Queen of Scots.
(b) The death of the Prince of Orange.
(c) The capture of James.
(d) A massacre.
5. What Rome envoy was captured and killed with other priests?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Privy Council in charge of?
2. With what port did the British choose to replace the closed Dutch ports?
3. How many Catholics were executed during Elizabeth I's reign?
4. What law did Elizabeth want the Parliament to pass?
5. Who did Elizabeth I send Mary to after the Scottish announcement that they had proof of Mary's involvement in the murder plot?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)