|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, pgs. 490-563.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Elizabeth proclaimed Queen according to Chapter 4?
(a) November 2, 1558.
(b) November 17, 1558.
(c) November 10, 1558.
(d) November 12, 1558.
2. Who was executed on February 8, 1587?
(d) Mary of Scots.
3. What did the British government think Catholicism would do given enough time, according to Chapter 11?
(a) Die out.
(b) Expand throughout England.
(c) Experience a resurgence.
(d) Move south.
4. What happened to James after his capture?
(a) He blackmailed his captor.
(b) He hid.
(c) He escaped.
(d) He killed all of his captors.
5. Who did Elizabeth I send to Austria to negotiate with Archduke Charles?
(a) The Earl of Essex.
(b) The Earl of Shrewsbury.
(c) The Earl of Derby.
(d) The Earl of Hastings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was James taken prisoner by?
2. How many Catholics were executed during Elizabeth I's reign?
3. When did Mary and Bothwell marry?
4. In what did Elizabeth I retain her independence from the Privy Council?
5. What was the Privy Council in charge of?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)